The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan, congrats on the wheels. Good to be able to bail out on those. Not too much here today. It was not as hot as yesterday but still pretty warm. I painted some patio furniture today. It was two chairs and a love bench. It is the kind you put the cushions on. It is pretty sturdy stuff but was starting to rust. I painted it with my turbine sprayer which worked pretty well. I just cleaned them up and put them on tarps in the yard. The turbine is HVLP and had little overspray. That is another thing off my list. Yes Allan I do have lots of projects going on. Retirement is busy. Hope everybody is having a good weekend.
Old May 20th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Looks like it will be another quiet one. Overnight it came down to a cooler 50° and it's pretty breezy. The kind of weather that just sucks the moisture out of the ground.

Glenn - Thanks. I need to repaint my deck chairs. They also are starting to look a little on the weathered (or should I say Rustic) side. No real projects for me today. I'm taking a page outta Jim's book and practicing up on mostly just doin nothin.

Jouni - You can make your own enchiladas. All ya really need to get started is some tortillas. Yummy stuff!

Dan - Send some of your rain our way?? It's bone dry up here. Bad part is it creates a real fire hazard. There's a fire ban in place for almost the whole province. Last time we had dry conditions like this, and wind to go with it we had some nasty big forest fires. No outdoor fires allowed here - only propane bbq's allowed right now.
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:

Allan, it sounds like your chairs have patina. That is the new term for rust. Since I painted my chairs I guess they will never be original again since they are only original once. Maybe I should have clear coated them and preserved the patina.

Not too much going on today. We have a NTOC meeting today which is being held at a landscaping company and is supposed to be a cookout. We have had a light rain this morning and the forecast is 50% chance of rain. So the old gal stays in the garage and we go in the Expedition. It is cooler today. I have been watching some of the Mecum auction over the weekend. Have a good Sunday guys.
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:14 AM

Evening guys.

So its sunday, late, but sunday still. Soon should head to bed. Going to work at monday, and working-list for next week looked killer. Monday from 6am to ~00am next day, then from tues. to thurs. 02pm- somewhere over midnight, and "bonus" day-shift at friday possibly. Smells like money.

redoldsman and Allan R - You should have used Owatrol-oil to preserve the patina without any gloss

Allan R - Ah, Enchiladas were just tortillas. What were they then what are made to banana leaf? Those are the ones id like to taste if i ever see them. Tortillas we do every now and then at home

Hmm.. Maybe i should go to sleep? Or then i should watch Switzerland - Sweden IIFH2018 Final....
Old May 20th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hahahahaha, Glenn that's a good one. Maybe Patina looks good on some things but not really on deck chairs or patio furniture. I have to admit we didn't use ours much and they did get left out in the weather. When they were new I used to store them in the shed over winter but as I started to accumulate 'stuff' the shed gradually became crowded and the patio stuff was left to fend for itself outside. I spose I should also look at redoing the webbing the cushions sit on. Trying to find that stuff locally can be a bit of a challenge and shipping it from the US is almost equal to buying a new set of chairs. A definite Joseph Heller situation.

Jouni - Enchiladas are more than just tortillas. It's all about the prep, ingredients and presentation. I like to use tortillas for wraps; my favorite is chicken. I also add mexican green sauce (made mostly from tomatillas and jalapeno peppers) and pickled jalapenos to the wraps along with some sour cream. It's quite tasty but so rich I can barely eat 2. Oh, using an oil to preserve the patina on steel chairs??? Are ya nuts?? Yup, y'all need a a good sleep.

Jim - heading sowt yet?? You're starting to become delinquent on yer posts....must have awful wifi in de hills.

Going back to Costco this afternoon to get some stuff that wouldn't fit in the car when it was full of tires/wheels.
Old May 20th, 2018, 02:53 PM

Allan, I'd be glad to send you some of our rain if I could, especially since it keeps hitting on the weekend. A little cool here, but upper 70's are back in the forecast, followed by rain of course for the weekend. Dang property taxes went up again, second time since I moved here, and my escrow had a deficit because of it. Paid the shortage on my escrow, but of course since the taxes went up, so did my house payment...jeesh! That will set my a/c install back two weeks, as I was going to pay with cash on hand. The results for the biopsy on my thigh came yesterday, negative, so no worries there.
Old May 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
The results for the biopsy on my thigh came yesterday, negative, so no worries there.
I'm very glad to hear that Dan! Nothing worse than having to chop off a perfectly good leg
Old May 20th, 2018, 05:49 PM

Dan Good to hear

Inline, Get ya some chili powder and heat it up in some veggie oil [basic enchilada sauce] pit a flour [not corn] tortilla in there, when it get soft, flip it over. Next pull it out of the skillet and wrap cooked shredded chicken and cheese and top with more cheese. repeat

BTW Tortillas are wrapped in corn husk not banana leaf. Refried beans are nothing but over cooked beans mashed [like potatoes] withh bacon greese
Old May 20th, 2018, 08:36 PM

Nothing worse than having to chop off a perfectly good leg
I know, I already run around in circles enough as it is!! Jim, are you thinking of Tamales that are wrapped in corn husks?
Old May 21st, 2018, 02:51 AM

Mawn'in

Ninja super model off to exercise while I try to get some sleep.

Off to go smack whitey around

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, are you thinking of Tamales that are wrapped in corn husks?
Ops my mistake of course I am

Have great day Olds friends
Old May 21st, 2018, 05:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Last day of the Canadian long weekend (Victoria Day) here. Most people have the day off but all the stores are open.

I looked at a Simoniz polisher yesterday. It was on sale for a decent price but the product was less than impressive. I want a 7" pad and variable speed. Most of the good ones have those features but cost (Dan's) leg. I can find a way to justify the purchase but would like to find one for less $$.

Gonna be a beautimus day here. Right now I have water going on the back yard. It really needs a drink of water. My scarlet runners are popping up so I'll have to set the poles pretty quick. One reason I wanted them was the high crop yield. The other was their bright red flowers help attract hummingbirds.

Jim - I'm guessing 46/45. So is the SM doing well at the classes? Can you see any difference?

Dan - bummer on having the AC install pushed back. But that's priorities I guess. In this heat I don't like to cut the grass back too much. I have the mower set on a higher setting to keep the grass longer.

Jouni - How is your foot doing?
Old May 21st, 2018, 11:44 AM

I hit the ball good but my towards was a little off 48/47
Old May 21st, 2018, 05:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back a little while ago. Had a good visit with my Mom and a good trip there and back. It was a little warm on the way home without the AC working, but we managed.

The bedroom is finally finished, after about a year. Looks pretty good, too, if I do say so myself. Mom is thrilled with it. That's the best part.

Had enough time to hit the Summit cruise in, but I decided not to go. Tiger doesn't want to be left alone, even though he's been with me continually for three days. I need to go to Walmart as well but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Once I got in and everything put away, I decided I was tired and don't want to go anywhere.

So I'll do some catching up and check in later. I'm supposed to stay up late tonight but I'm guessing it won't be as late as it should be...

Have a good evening.
Old May 21st, 2018, 10:31 PM

Been a while

Hey everyone, safe to say it’s been a while since I was on here last.

Lets see, in that time we have had a second daughter so now there is 4 of us. Allegra is a clone of Minette at the age of 4 so you would prob call her Minette Jamesbo 😁

We made the tough decision to sell our 98 but in doing so we were able to become debt free. No loans, no credit cards and we currently rent our house so no mortgage. I don’t know of anyone over here who can say that so we are proud of that accomplishment.

As you probably know we finally got to Canada for a holiday we had wanted to take for a few years and got to have a fantastic lunch and catch up with the one and only Allan from here. So now we have had lunch with 4 forum members so far 😃

Tink has finished her degree now and is looking for a job in the criminal justice system. I’m still working at the same place lol.

Here is a couple of pics of us. Allan you can upload the one we took at lunch if you want mate.

Time to go and pick Minette up from after school art club.

Talk later and take care Olds pals.

A picture of us at Athabasca Falls in Jasper, Alberta.
My girls at the Commonwealth Games that took place on the Gold Coast this year.
Old May 21st, 2018, 11:44 PM

Morning.

So, yesterday was 6am to 8pm, and rest of the week 2pm to ~01am next day. Gah.
Beautiful weather outside. Ive weared shorts at work so far more than last year total
Been pondering what to do with my quad-ida intake. May even part with it to fasten my Olds build. Tho, i asked machinery about my parts, they told " june"..... If they wouldnt be our maybe most renowed machinery and highly recommended, id be bringing my parts to other shop. Now.. Ill just wait.

Allan R - Well, yesterday i was at work. Walking mimiced duck until i got to walk some more, then it felt better. Until evening, it ached so bad i had to take medicine, couldnt get sleep otherwise. Today back to work.... If its not for death or invalidation, its really simple decision to just bite your teeth. Yesterday was worth of 411$ brt. If i would have been at home, i would have got 150$ brt from insurance. Really simple decision..

1969w3155 - Tamales they were what i was meaning all the time! Thanks!

Ausraven - Hello! I quess were never "met" before

Okay, have a day all. Im wondering what im going to do for ~3 hours until i can lift off to work.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:10 AM

Mawn'in

Well howdy Adrian Long time no see [post] Lunch with 4 members, I know I'm one of them and Sandy and Allan, Who elseWas it the other Allan [Blue vista]?

Inline, See above about walking around with one leg. Take care of the only body [human[ you're ever gonna get

Mike, Wanta come paint my house? I'd rather bust rocks than paint

Clint, Where ya at?

Gotta cut grass a-gain today

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:52 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, I'm here.

Inline, Those wheels are called "Indy Drag Mags" they were first made by Foresight Ventures and then bought out by Fenton. They were made mid to late 1960's and into the early '70's.

Everyone have a day.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:04 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

The long weekend is over and things are sorta back to normal. I think I need to go back to my dentist and have him look at the work he did. There seems to be some swelling and sensitivity on the outside of the temporary crown he put in, but just on the outside gum. Normally I wouldn't worry but it's been 5 days and it's still painful so I think it might have some minor infection. Gotta get that cleaned out before the permanent crown goes in.

Brad in Calgary sent me better photos of the wheels he's selling. They're spot on! Exactly what I was looking for. The stampings in the steel tell the story. My son and I are doing a road trip Wednesday to pick them up. We'll take the Malibu and he's driving. How nice to spend a whole day with him. He's always got something interesting to talk about.

Yesterday was the Mrs Birthday. We've got so much stuff together we celebrate 'casually' if you know what I mean. Still, we did her wish dinner (Chinese) with everything from sushi to ginger beef, s/s pork etc. She enjoyed it. Heck, for the first time ever I felt full after only a little of it, and still feel full this morning. Next on her list of things to enjoy is the flower garden and veggies I've been slaving over the past month or so. When its in bloom it's spectacular and has all her favorite color flowers and lilies.

Adrian - Good to see ya mate! Those are great pics of the girls and your visit. For those who haven't had the opportunity to meet Adrian and Tink, you're missing out on one of lifes pleasures. And their kids are the ones you want to keep for yourself; they have beautiful smiles, manners and actually listen to their parents. Adrian and Tink have done a fantastic job raising them. Adrian and Tink are the kinda folks you can chat with for hours and it seems like just minutes.

Jim - There's always next Monday.

Jouni - What is BRT? I thought Finland used the Euro?? It sounds like a lot of $$ anyway but I'm with Jim. You only get one body. Well, unless you can afford a bionic replacement. Then you can be a TV star

Mike - Welcome back. I bet your mom was thrilled with the visit and the bedroom finish. Now ya just have to finish yours and its a done deal? Maybe the boneyard has some replacement parts for the tigermobiles AC system that could bring the repair cost down?

Dan - I'm throwing lots of water on the grass. It's drier than a popcorn fart up here.

Have a wonderful day y'all!
Old May 22nd, 2018, 07:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian and me at Mr. Mike's in West Edmonton Mall.
​Mall This restaurant also has tons of games for the kids to play so it's not as boring for them to go for eats. I think the best part of the meal was when Allegra wanted to get some ice cream with sprinkles. We got the server to bring her a small bowl of sprinkles she could spread herself. Hahahaha, she dumped them all on the ice cream at once. Never saw a kid so happy!!

Adrian and me back in January.

Last edited by Allan R; May 22nd, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 08:38 AM

Welcome back Adrian. Are you planning on moving to Canada?
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept good today, went to bed around 3 got up at noon. Tiger didn't budge the whole time. I think the secret is light rain. He isn't scared by rain but seems to settle down when it rains, and then perks back up when it stops.

Nice to hear from you Adrian. That had to be tough deciding to sell the Ninety Eight, but the family is better for it and that's what's important. Now you have the opportunity to go find another one.

Sure Jamesbo I'll be right there. The going rate is meatloaf, lasagna, chocolate pudding, meatballs, etc. I think it will be weeks before my bedroom is done. Still trying to find someone to help me move a big china cabinet that is in there that I don't want to get messed up.

So Monday for me. Gotta work all four, that's a bummer. We are having a shindig Thursday night.

Okay gotta go. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 05:44 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Olds Friends:

I missed my daily posting yesterday. I got my power washer out of the warehouse last Friday. It has been a few years since it ran. My brother went with me. When I put some gas in, it started dripping out the carb. It has a horizontal shaft engine on it. We managed to get it to start but it didn't run with a flip. I took the little carb off Saturday and soaked it in carb cleaner and put it back together. It would only run with the choke on. I said to heck with it and came in and ordered a new carb from Amazon for $20.00. It arrive the next day. I put it on yesterday and it ran perfect. I power washed some of my fence but had to clean up to go to oldest grandsons school awards ceremony. I was very proud of him for getting his scholastic award because he had over a 3.75 GPA and he was one of six boys and six girls our of a class of almost 700 that received Best All Around Students which is an award from their teachers. After I got home I fired the pressure washer up and finished one side of my fence that faces the street and did the adjoining section of my neighbor. Then I pressure washed the swing in the back yard, two fountains and an arbor. I was pretty soaked. Now I only have a small section on the other side of the house and then spray it all with waterproofing. I took my wife to the dentist to finish her two root canals today. Now all we have to get done is something like seven crowns. Youngest grandson is turning 13 tomorrow. These boys are great kids and as you can probably tell I am very proud of them. Their dad is nowhere in their lives and they are better for it.

Adrain, I have been on this site since 2006 but am a newcomer to this thread since I recently retired. I think it was Allan that referred to this thread as our facebook which is a good thing since I don't do facebook. Welcome back and I hope to see more of you. Nice looking family. I am big on families. You are keeping some good company up there in Canada.

Mike, congrats on finishing the bedroom. Glad Mom is happy. That would be a success.

I will probably be doing a little more pressure washing tomorrow and then spraying water proofing.

Hope all of you have a good evening.

Glenn
Old May 22nd, 2018, 11:31 PM

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Jim - Yes it was Blue when we had lunch with Sandy and her Family. We had 3 families out for lunch that day as blue brought his wife along.

Allan - Thanks for the kind words mate. It's nice to know we are doing something right as parents lol. That was pretty cute how she asked the waiter for some ice cream and got what she asked for. I don't think she was expecting to actually get it lol.

Mike - Yeah it wasn't an easy decision to sell the Ninety Eight but the interest on the loan we had was not something I was happy with so now it's gone and we can just save that money instead which is what we did to take a great holiday to Canada

Dan - Yes we want to move to Canada. We have been talking about it for a couple of years which inspired us to have the holiday and find out what it was like at its worst, winter, so we did and fell in love with everything we saw and did. Some of the nicest people we have met, present company included. Basically we are tired of the constant heat and how much it cost to live in Australia. Canada is very similar to Oz with the health care and public services so we know what to expect on that front. Also its close to the States so we can fly down when we get time off work and visit our American friends more often. A lot cheaper for what we want to do as a family.

Inline - Now we have.

Well time to go do some prep work. I'm going to a friends tomorrow to help him with some jobs around his place. He just bought a house and the previous owner was a "home not so handy man" gotta hang some doors and general fix up of the shoddy work that was done.

Take car all,

Adrian
Old May 22nd, 2018, 11:42 PM

Morning everyone.

Thanks for concerns, but the 2 to 8 weeks to fully cure ( my ankle) is simply way way too much time to be at home. I would be bored to death also.
So, yesterday we made a new record. For causing traffic jam. Almost from our capitals center to one of its "entrant routes" start Police stopped to tell us few words Got great laughs We were there just when few passenger ships unloaded. Last year they threw us with empty beer cans, similiar situation, ship unloading, and we causing traffic jam

CQR - Wish those would still be made. Really, those looks good, something different than the usual " run of the mill" cookiecutter rims everyone sells nowadays..

Allan R - You better not write it publicly how you treat your wife at her birthday; if our missuses read it, they are going to demand more from us

Okay, have a day all. Two shifts to go and then its weekend. One thing i LOVE when we do night-shifts, is, that we always do 4-day weeks when they are on. Then we have long weekend to rest.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 02:59 AM

Mawn'in

Got all the grass cut betwix showers

Let me see how many CO members I've met. Mike, John, Sandy, Adrian, Scot Jeffery, and the guy that was the Ferrari service manager[ can't remember his name. I ran into the owner buying pine-straw [had Ferrari on his truck] and he said, he left Ferrari and gone to work for Tesla

For those of you that came on afterward . Blue Vista a.k.a Red Goat had me in stitches every mawn'in.. He lived near Sandy and painted her engine so she get get more car show trophies. He also gave her an enormous amount of grief . I miss them both

Guess I need to head to Cas de pot for paint and the G store to start cooking for my new fence painter

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 23rd, 2018, 05:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Heading out this morning to Calgary to pick up the new wheels for the Malibu. The heat here today will be brutal, and thank God for AC. The round trip will be close to 450 miles so a lot of driving. My son is being the chauffeur. It'll be nice to do a road trip with him. First, off to the gas station and fill up.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 06:07 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:
I am doing better on my schedule since I am posting this morning instead of tonight. I have no appointments and nowhere I have to be today. I have a little more power washing to do today and then I will probably be spraying water proofing on the fence I have already washed. Then it is probably down my the lake to work. I have an old fort down there the grandkids played on when they were small. It is coming down and then I have to get my lawn tractor fired up and do some mowing. My neighbor has been mowing and it is time for me to return the favor. I have to get a new battery for the tractor and probably clean the carb since I have not started it in over a year. These are just more projects that have accumulated.
Allan, have a good trip and enjoy the time with your son. I hope the rest of you have a great day.
Glenn
Old May 23rd, 2018, 12:35 PM

This alligator snapping turtle has been sitting outside my porch door all afternoon, wish he'd move on down de road
Old May 23rd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Jim:

That thing is ugly.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful afternoon out. Not hot, we had rain most of last night but it ended some time this morning. Our power was out for some unknown reason so I had to go around and reset all the clocks.

I wrote down a list of all the CO people I've met, but I can't find it. Must be 6 or 7. That would be a good summer project, going around the country looking up the members and chatting for a little while and seeing their cars.

So I've been on the fence about going to see this car. It's in Ohio. I know that's a twist, a guy in the south going north to look at a car, but it looks to be fairly solid. It's ratty and they want too much for it, not by a lot, and it isn't a June build. But looks like I could thrash it around a little and not worry about destroying some valuable collectible. See what you guys think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutlass/132...pa~h61&vxp=mtr

One question, is the switch above the radio for the top? The website says the top operates manually. I'm wondering if the electric top is broke and you have to move it manually. And it's not a Supreme, though I don't think that really matters.

Hope Allan had a good day driving to Calgary. Sometimes I'm on a long ride with a person and we can talk non-stop the whole time, and other times I'm like, won't this ride ever end! Most times I'm either by myself or with Tiger, so not much talking either way.

Jamesbo that guy is begging for you to turn him into soup. How much fence do you have? Do you have to ride fence for days like on Bonanza? That might affect how much I eat.

I'm wondering if our shindig isn't tonight. The company has a habit of saying we're going to do something on a certain day, then list the times and midnight shift is always in the wee hours. Well, after midnight it's that day so it's possible. One thing we're always told is it's the same day you came in until you go home. So even at 5 tomorrow morning I'll be signing my paperwork off as 5/23.

Okay gotta go put gas in the car so I don't have to walk. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 06:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good evening everyone,
Just got back from Calgary. It was a great trip with my son and we had a fantastic time. The wheels are exactly what was described and in wonderful condition. A+ for the seller. BTW his mom isn't that bad looking either.... Unbelievably the Malibu got what the factory window sticker said it would get; a whopping 47 mpg!! and that was at about 70 mph. Impressive little car IMO.

Mike - Thanks! I believe that switch on the dash is for a power antenna. Should have Up and Dn on the bezel.

Glenn - Spot on! I think Mike is onto something with the turtle soup angle. Only thing is IIRC those things are vicious.

See ya in the morning!
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:06 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

People in Louisiana make turtle soup. I am from there but I have never had turtle soup and am not planning on it. I don't eat squirrels either.
Allan, glad you had a good trip. I don't guess you got any pictures of mom.
Mike, I love the 66 and 67 Cutlass/442's. The car is ratted out a little but it is a convertible. Any idea of what his reserve is? I take the words "top operates manually" to mean the power top isn't working and you have to put it up and down manually. It was a power top originally. The old car does look pretty solid. If I didn't have a project car I would look at that one.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:12 PM

Mike, the Cutlass looks to have a solid body, but you're gonna need a Legendary interior and a new top for sure. By the looks of the underside, exhaust and brakes will probably need to be replaced just because of the rust, perhaps sitting wet area for awhile? Also the mold on the door panel indicates a damp setting. I have always liked the yellow/yellow '67's.
Old May 24th, 2018, 12:06 AM

Morning.

So its one more shift and im done for the week. Thats great!
Beautiful out there, and tomorrow is salary day. Lifes great

Jamesbo - Turtle! Cool! Dont turn it into a soup, my wife told me to tell you that when i showed him that pic. Shouldnt you go smack whitey?

Allan R - Glad the wheels turned out to be what was described. 47mpg is absolutely great. I get 37mpg's out of my diesel Ford on constant highway travelling to work and back, and i consider that good too. Compared to that, the 47mpg is awesome.

Speaking about road trips. Whats the longest trip youve driven alone behind the wheel ( not swapping drivers, not stopping for sleep) on your car? My longest drive has been 1061 miles at one drive, and on same trip, we stopped to Budapest too, counting that longer break where we toured the city By foot, the total driven was 1200miles with one eyes. Twice after ive driven 687 miles with one fueling stop at halfway.

Mike - That body is one of my all-time favourites. Looks good project on pics

Okay, have a day all!
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:36 AM

Mawn'in

No turtle soup for me, I'm a live and let live kinda guy, Looks like the back of his shell got gnawed on by a coyote or something

Most wild animals got enough trouble surviving w/o humans interfering. My cat was watching him from te safety of the Battery Bench. I was a little concerned for her cause I've seen her walk up to a black snake and pop it head like a speed bag

Anyway, it finally moved on

Mike, I've got about a quarter mile of white 4 board fence I'd love to pull a Tom Sawyer on anyone anytime

BTW on my 69 the top switch is above the radio

Inline, People in the states jump in cars and drive long distances all the time. When I was in the Netherlands my local friends were amazed that I was gonna dive to Normandy [don't remember how many miles] 600-700 miles is nothing

GTG Have a great day Olds friends

Speaking of. Allan, my FB page just popped up with your birthday being D-day, Is that right?
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:49 AM

Been nice and warm here. Yesterday I made a big mistake and now am paying for it... I took my 56 F100 up to the gas station and filled it up. The automatic shut off on the pump did work but then I added another 1/2 gallon or so, bad idea... I got it home and found gas was overflowing out the fill spout. I had this happen before years ago on a 80 98 original diesel converted to gas. Anyway it makes sense as the gas is 55 degrees or so it the ground then expands in the 80 degree tank. Well I didn't want gas spilled out all over my driveway so I went and got a piece of heater hose and a gas can to siphon some out. Yep you guessed it. I swallowed some- don't know how much. No one else here so I made sure I had my cell phone ready and close. Burped gas fume all night but worse my right side and neck is really painful. I think I reacted so violently that I pulled some muscles. I can't believe I did that! Dumb a$$!!
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Boy oh boy I needed a sleep last night. I turned on the house AC when we were about an hour or so out of town (phone app) and by the time we got home the house was a comfy 73°. Even though I didn't drive, I was up at around 05:30 and I went to bed around 9:30. Lights out completely till this mawnin at 06:16

I have to wash the Malibu this morning before it starts getting hot. The front looks like it was in a serious bug eating contest.

Mike - Hmmm, after looking at the pics again it appears that car has a fixed antenna so that switch can't be for that. Probably what Glenn said. Anyone who has a 66/67 CSM should be able to find that info pretty easy for you. I know there was an option for 2 switches in that location. I think that color is listed as Saffron (code Y in 67). I wonder if the guy would respond to you asking for a picture of the cowl tag. Interesting production number though. This is the lower end Cutlass convertible instead of the CS model. The VIN shows that, and you'll notice the tail lights are red uppers and the bottom are backup lights instead of the red over red and backup lights in the bumper. Cool that it has the SS1 wheels though. I remember the 330 2bbl having issues with the automatic choke, but still plenty of power. It would be a neat car to beat around in especially with the top down.

Jouni - I don't remember the longest drive but it would be somewhere around 800 miles. It's not all that much fun though especially when some of that has to go through construction (like road paving) or 2 lane slow moving winding roads.

Jim - No sir, it's the day after 'The Longest Day'. I doubt seriously you'd find any kids who would play along, most of em don't have the stick to it ness needed to white wash a fence dat long.

Glenn - Ya done with the power washing?

Time to get the trash out for pickup. Have a wonderful day!
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:57 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody. About the only thing I have on tap today is spraying waterproofing on all the fence I have been power washing for the last two days. I am ready to get this job done.
I think my longest drive with only me driving is about 680 miles which was from Nashville to Rowlett. I could drive longer but my wife could not ride longer. We did make a trip back in the 80's and our last leg was from Needles, CA back to Dallas and that included a detour off I-40 to the Grand Canyon. My wife and I shared the driving but it did most of it. I had a 78 Delta 88 and man it was a great road car. It was one of the best cars I ever owned.
Hope all of you have a great day.
Glenn
Old May 24th, 2018, 06:03 AM

Er, Greg

Ya don't need to suck on it to siphon gas

I will say, I'm kinda glad someone else does stupid stuff. I hate to be the only one. Everyone I know get's hurt doing something really cool like getting thrown from their polo pony. Me I trip over a cat and bust my a$$
Old May 24th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Greg, that is tough. Good thing you are not a smoker. I didn't know you had a 56 Ford pickup. I love those trucks. To me they are one of the best looking pickups ever made.
Allan, I did finish the power washing, Since I washed my neighbors fence he loan me his airless spraying that has the deal you just put down in the bucket. That will save me some time spraying since the Wagner sprayer I have only has a quart cup. I will probably come back later and power wash my driveway and sidewalk. That will be lots easier than all this fence. Glad you are rested up.