The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back from the airport with my friend. Been raining off and on all evening but now it's just thunder.

Bulldog nice to see you. It has been awhile. Yes Sandy's death sort of caught us all off guard.

Steven75 welcome. Perhaps the parts wanted section would be a better place to find fillers. What's wrong with yours, they've crumbled into colored dust?

Ah and here's more rain. Okay see ya.
Old September 10th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good to see you back again. Nothing wrong with the 2 72's you bought. The CS vert is a cool car and the 72 Duster I bermember from my yute. Post up some pics of the new rides to tease us a bit.
Old September 10th, 2015, 06:11 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy all and welcome back Norton. Yup we miss Sandy dearly Nothing wrong with a 340 Duster. My dad and his high school buddy went out and bought 2 1970 340 Dusters brand new in '70. My dad's was Sassy Grass Green and his friend's was blue. The friend still has his X2 on posting up some pics

Close Al, but only 42 this lap around the big star.

Thanks Mike on the Summit info.

John it's (Hardman Farm) got pretty neat history. Here is a pretty neat article. http://gradynewsource.uga.edu/tele55...ndian-mound-2/

Whelpt time to turn in, catch y'all tomorree
Old September 10th, 2015, 07:52 PM

Good evening everyone.

Not often I say this, but I wish the Mustang was an automatic today. I did something to my left foot and I "feel it" when I'm using the clutch.

Today was a nice summer day, not quite as hot as it has been lately. Looks like Elsie will be around for the weekend but that can still change.

bulldog, welcome back. I'm sure many of us here have "off brand" cars. I went completely to the dark side and picked up a Mustang for my daily driver. Looking forward to seeing pics of both your 72's.

Just a short visit today, but I'm trying!
Old September 11th, 2015, 03:00 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul. Does that mean I came from the dark side since I grew up a Ferd guy?

Scot, yur just a pup then.

It's Friday and it sure has been a long short week. The 66 GTO was spose to come in yesterday for a tweek, but the told me he found out it has a 326 in it and was so bummed he was just gonna forget about it for a bit.

4:00 gotta go feed the mules.

Have a Day!
Old September 11th, 2015, 04:41 AM

Mawn'in all

Rained during de nite but gone now

Well, Master mechanic Jamesbo done flubbed de dub again. It wasn't de switch. I plugged and played and nutting. Den, [in a flash of sanity] I plugged a loop wire into both female plugs an nutting Somewhere in a mass of 20 year old diesel grit, there's sum'in not wired right. I can still start it up with a screw driver so.........................

I've owned so many "off brands" I might get excommunicated but they all fun IMHO [except of course de ricers. ]

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends

Edit, Just checked my FB pokes. I've got one from Sandy
Old September 11th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rain stopped, but it's still wet and messy. Not sure what to do today. Most likely will take a ride up to Year One and spend lots of money.

As I was saying, Bulldog love the Dusters. I put forth a fairly serious effort to buy one a few years ago but I was priced out. Seems Dusters are pretty popular 'round these parts. Eh, I'll stick with my 68 Valiants.

Jamesbo, a message from beyond! Tell her I said hey. Sure miss her. What are Larry's posts like?

Clint that's odd. The block is the same so who cares. Did they also find out it wasn't a real GTO?

Paul I'm always wishing my car was a stick shifter. Also wish it was blue. I've been thinking maybe I'd paint a blue stripe on it, not sure how that would look with the dark Grey.

Well my friend said he wanted to go to the Awful house with me, but hasn't made any effort to wake up and be ready. He might just get left. Gotta go talk to my neighbor as well about the pickup truck. Well that does it, gonna go.

Have a good Friday everyone.
Old September 11th, 2015, 06:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Bought a replacement AM/FM cd from the boneyard. Only thing wrong was the on off wasn't working and the faceplate had wear. Swapped out the faceplate with ours and did up the nut that holds the on off in place. Somehow it came off completely. Tested it and it works perfectly. The old cd had err message and wouldn't play. Not bad, a 12.50 fix!

My heart goes out to those who lost friends and family on this day 14 years ago.

Jim, do a continuity test on those wires, or a resistance test on the connector. Either that or modify Paladins phrase Have Sxrewdriver, will Travel.

Scot, sorry bout dat brother. Time just seems to go too fast for me to bermember.

Clint, that makes no sense to me. And you my friend are still a pup too! Enjoy it while you can.

More painting is the plan for today. Temp should go up to around 78 or so. What I don't get done today will get done tomorrow as its spoda be nice then too.
Old September 11th, 2015, 02:47 PM

Thanks for allowing me back. I'll post a couple of pictures, however I apologize for the poor quality of them but its all I have right now.
Old September 11th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

That's one of my favorite colors from the 72 Olds color pallette. Code 36 Radiant Green. I believe you're missing the rear quarter body side moldings though

The duster looks awesome with the white graphics and hood scoops. My buddy used to have a Duster but his was a 74 and only a 6 pack for an engine. Definitely not a performance car, but neither was Rodney.

Congrats on 2 stellar looking rides!
Old September 11th, 2015, 05:11 PM

Thanks Allan, I do have the moldings for the rear of the Cutlass, just waiting for the season to end and then I'll start working on it. The chrome on the rear quarter window has come off, I just don't know what to use to glue it back on.
The Duster is a factory H-Code 340 car that came with white interior. The picture that I posted is from the spring, all the interior has been replaced with white. If I can find another picture of it then I'll post it.
Old September 11th, 2015, 05:21 PM

Here are pictures of the Duster, interior.
Old September 11th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The quarter window chrome (holds the rubber insert) is not held by glue. Use 1/32" glass tape to secure it. You can probably get some for minimum $$ or even free from your local glass shop. If you stop by a shop and tell them what you want they'll likely know right away whether they can help you or direct you to a source for it.
Old September 11th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got the oil changed in the Cadillac today and it runs a lot smoother. It was down over a quart so even though it only had like 1000 miles on it, I saw no need in putting new oil in on 3 year old oil. I don't think it burns much, but it has bad valve cover gaskets.

Checked out the junkyard this morning. I was going to wait until next week but my friend wanted to go. Not much of anything. I might go next week anyway because they were missing about a dozen rows and were slow to get new vehicles onto the field. We'll see.

Bulldog I think a white interior in anything looks nice. I hate that all the cars have grey interiors these days. Simple for the builder, not terrific for the buyer. My Mustang has Stone seats. Most of the rest is black. Yawn.

Not sure what to do tomorrow. If it's nice I'd like to wash cars. My friend wants to go up to Year One, that might be a good thing to do, I've been trying to get there for awhile. His flight leaves tomorrow evening so I don't want to get too involved in anything and have him miss it.

Okay the dogs want a treat. Have a good evening everyone.
Old September 11th, 2015, 08:02 PM

Hi... Bye.

Hopefully I'll have more time to post tomorrow.
Old September 12th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by car_designer
Hi... Bye.

Hopefully I'll have more time to post tomorrow.
Paul, you sound like Jim on his way to whack whitey. You're making a great effort! 3 days in a row and counting.....

Nice morning here but spoda rain this afternoon. Yesterday got into the mid 80s today more like low 70s.

Grand Slam of Curling semi finals and finals is on today and tomorrow. So far has been interesting with some great shot making. Sportsnet if anyone else is interested (Ted ?).

Either gotta fix the misuses iron or buy her a new one. Looks like a loose connection with the chord.
Old September 12th, 2015, 06:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice crisp cool mawn'in. Wanted to get de weed wack'in done early. Gave serious thought to duct tap'in a flash light to de weed wacker. But in a flash of sanity waited til de sun came up All through, all done

Bulldog de both look super to me.

Mike, De probelm[s] I have wit Year one is when you call ya may get a Mopar guy on de line to don't know squat about Oldsmobiles

John, Looks like perfect weather fer de next few days

Welp, Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old September 12th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast today, not sure what the rain is going to do. Which means I don't know what to do. I'd hate to get stuff all drug out and then get rained on.

Jamesbo that's why I want to go up there, so I know who I'm talking to. Probably a counter guy who doesn't know anything.

My friend flies out this evening, so I don't want to get too involved with anything. We have to be at the airport probably two hours before flight time, to navigate all of security and the train and walking miles to the gate. Well, actually he's going to do that I'm just dropping him at the curb. It's quite complicated these days for me to get to the gate without flying so I'm just not going to do it.

Well it's almost lunch time so not sure about the Awful house situation. It can be a challenge having someone in the house who doesn't keep the same schedules. I mean, I have to get up at the crack of dawn why shouldn't everybody?

Time to find something to do. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old September 12th, 2015, 02:26 PM

Well, I put a couple of hours of O.T. today, so I kin go to a car show tomorrow @ the Gilmore Car Museum, just a couple more and the season is over, then I'll go into withdrawal. A bit of a cool down here with temps in the mid 60's for a couple of days, then near 80 next week, slowly but surely, fall will be creeping in. Gotta go get some groceries, then cut the grass...football after that, and some zzzz's when I nod off in front of the tube. See ya.
Old September 12th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well my friend is back home. We had a good time but it's good to have the house back to normal.

Came home to the computer not working. Wouldn't sign in, wouldn't reboot, wouldn't nothing. Somehow I got to a screen that said it would reset all the files. That took three hours. Then it said it didn't work, but the internet fired up anyway. Can't access my email because it said my trial is over and I need to purchase an app. What the hell does it think it is, a phone?

Turned out to be a nice day. If it is tomorrow I'll mow, haven't done that in three weeks. Might do some trimming over at the shop as well.

Think I'll hit the sack early. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old September 12th, 2015, 09:50 PM

Does this count for 4/4 since I have not gone to sleep yet tonite?

I'll have more time tomorrow for a real post.
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Blue bird day

Werked like a pulp wood cutter yesterday. Got a bunch of wood up, bush hogged, move stuff from point a to point b.

Think I'll do nutt'in today
Old September 13th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Is it morning? Can't tell it's so foggy out. Rained all evening which was nice. Forecast is for more the next few days before it dries up a bit.

Paul, heck yes.

Jim, you turnin into a reglar Paul Bunyan.

Dan, enjoy the car show. Did you make it to the end of the game without falling asleep? PVRs Rock!

Curling starts in about half hour so I guess I should make some breakfast and koffee.
Old September 13th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful morning out. A bit chilly though, lower 50s. I don't like the sounds of that. What happened to getting back into the 90s?

Wish I had a car show to go to today. There must be one somewhere, but I'm out of the loop. I never hear about them.

After the Awful house I'll hit Walmart and then go work at the shop for a little while. Ya, sounds like a plan. Jamesbo why don't you bring your bush hog down here?

Have a good day everyone.
Old September 13th, 2015, 08:47 AM

Mike, Cause my trailer is still sitt'in in de mountains with a lift on it
Old September 13th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Always room for one more

Should have told me that when I was up there we could have strapped it to the roof of the van.
Old September 13th, 2015, 10:58 AM

It woullda made your van look like a possum frisbee. It's HEAVY We had a hard time getting it up on the trailer with a boom on a tractor. Front wheels kept coming off the ground.
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:34 PM

Allan, it was hit & miss. The car show was good, down a bit in the numbers, maybe 250 or so showed up, weird as it was a nice day, with temps in the mid sixties, we were there from about 9am to roughly 4:30pm. made for a long day.
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:44 PM

Evening everyone.

Well I now know the cause of my foot pain. Looks like tendinitis. Pills, rest and heat are the instructions.

Jim how did your "do nutt'in today" day go? Did it happen?

Allan there was a lot of rain here this weekend too.

The Mustang Club here had a cruise planned for yesterday and the forecast Friday morning called for dry weather until evening once everyone would be home. Unfortunately that changed by yesterday morning. But most people still brought their Mustangs.

Have a good week everyone!
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan - it sounds like a good turnout nonetheless. Are you posting a link to the pics you took when you get them uploaded?

Paul - Soggy, really soggy here last night. Did you catch the Eskimos/Stampeders game on TSN? That's what it did all night. Sorry to hear about the tendinitis. Hope the remedy gets you back together soon. I guess that means you'll have plenty of time to frequent the forum?

Brad Boo hoo lost out to Kevin Koe in an overtime end to win the Mens title. Rachel "Oh No" Homan clutched her last shot and did an Oh No. Lost out to the Swiss. On to regular season and then the next GSOC in October.
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:17 PM

Dan, looking forward to pics from the show.

Allan, you would think so, but somehow I doubt that. I just see driving the Delta to some Mustang events. Oh and bowling starts tomorrow night. I'll be there to support! And no, I didn't catch the Eskimos/Stampeders game. I need to try and get back into football now that we have a team again. Although I really was hoping for return the of the 2 Roughriders/Rough Riders CFL when they announced a team in Ottawa.

Last edited by car_designer; September 13th, 2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old September 14th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Early morning for some bizarre reason. Woke up and can't get back to sleep.

Paul, yeah I was a little disappointed by the lack of creativity naming the team. Wonder if Saskatchewan had a say in denying the title.

Jim, you heading out to punish whitey this mawnin?

London, you back to normal after getting those kids out of The Cutlass? Hope they didn't mess anything up. I'd bet you a tank of fuel they wouldn't let someone else's kids just hop in their car and start goofing around without words being said. Lesson learned? Just take one car to the show and stick close to it.

The boneyard has some new offerings. Checked out Row 52 and it might be worth swinging by to pull some stuff.

For those of you that gotta werk, hope your day goes well. Those of us that don't always have a day that goes well.
Old September 14th, 2015, 03:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Allan, congrats on the werm, I guess? Her alarm went off at 2:47. I laid in bed for about 10 minutes.

Paul, Are you actually gonna bowl, or just cheerleading?

Norton, thats a nice lookin dodge.

Well, we had a race yesterday, The missus took 3rd, and I came in last. sometimes you have it sometimes you don't. Oh well.

Happy wacking Jamesbo.

Have a Monday all.
Old September 14th, 2015, 04:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Mite chili 1st mawn'in I can't sit on de screened porch and drink coffee in my skivvies

[Forgive de mental pic]

Yep Allan, I outa here

Dan, I did nutt'in den I rested a bit den my day was interupted by one of my wife's brothers hav'in a cook out.

GTG Have a great week Olds friends

Mike, I'll be in touch
Old September 14th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin

Geez, a guy misses a few days on here and ends up with a lot of catching up to do

Allan, curling season already! Guess I will have to turn the tv on..

Jim, glad the oil worked on the tractor steering wheel for ya

Clint, at least you are out there doing it!

Kid got into his first accident last week. Rear ended a Camry. I floated the Camry to my shop and we fixed it,...no need to put thru insurance. So I spent a day in a scrap yard tearing parts off 1998 Toyotas. It was nice to get back and work on a Oldsmobile after that
Way behind with my real job! Gotta get at it...
Have a day
Old September 14th, 2015, 05:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Below 50* here in the Greater Stockbridge Area this morning. The steam rolling off the lake looks like a scene from that pirate movie with Adrienne Barbeau.

Think I'll take a ride up to Year One this morning. I need gas tank parts for the 57 Chevy. I swear I could build one of those from scratch. I haven't been to Year One since they were in Stone Mountain.

Got some mowing done yesterday, still have more to do. Also got some tree branches chopped up at the shop. Stayed there until almost dark. Then came home and watched Smokey and the Bandit. When Snowman goes to the pub to suck down some go-go juice and stuff groceries down his neck(and subsequently gets beat up), he comes out and the tab for filling up the rig was $73. Sheesh, that's what it costs to fill my pickup these days.

Ted lucky the people were understanding and didn't want to stick it to you. Have you heard from the guy that bought the 56? Wonder how he likes it.

Paul good luck with your tendinitis. Hope the doctor doesn't want you to walk around on crutches. I hurt my foot once and I refused to use those. When I was at home I crawled around on my hands and knees. The dog loved it.

Okay time for Awful house and then hit the road. I may be broke by the time I get back. Year One has some cool stuff. Have a good day everyone.
Old September 14th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint, not the kind of Werm I like. I did manage to get some more shut eye around 4:00. Yer missus has a brutal schedule it seems. Sounds like your weekend was a blast.

Ted, my son still is collision free. Knock on wood. The bad thing about Saturn is when they get in a front end collision there's a lot more damage than you'd suspect so it'll be a throw away car if that happens. Good to hear you got everything settled under the radar. Yes sir, the regular curling season starts in a little over a month for me. Are you going to try it this year now that you don't have to be the hockey taxi?

Hey Mike, you still driving the high Saturn or have you started the engine rebuild on it? You probably can build a 57 just from reproduced parts, including rolling chassis. I read that somewhere but can't remember exactly what model it was for. Definitely Chevy though.
Old September 14th, 2015, 08:20 AM

With the problems that i have with Picasa, not sure if they will open up here.
Old September 14th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Give it a shot and see what happens?
Old September 14th, 2015, 09:43 AM

https://picasaweb.google.com/6971dan...reFallShow2015 See if this opens up.