The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2015, 04:36 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Those Chryslers are something else. Had one roll up next to me at a light last week. It was a beautiful red heavy metallic.

Mike, Hope the dogs are behaving? find a metal door? We have to put up some steel on our barn door since our JRT is getting worse. We now crate him at night. Seems to ease his mind a bit.

Scot. Enjoy the get together. Hope the cast is all well.

Have a weekend all.
Old July 31st, 2015, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one

Allan, Not being a Mopar guy fer a sec, I thought you were talking about dis 2000 hp. one of these
Old July 31st, 2015, 06:05 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Allan, I cannot believe the guy would not let you take it for a few laps...it is just a Dodge. Isn't there a bike by the same name?...

Clint, JRT?

John, they were all 69-72 Cutlass at the show.

Scot,pool party....sounds fun, and I too would charge admission

Mike, how is the Jeep coming along?

Have a day
Old July 31st, 2015, 06:18 AM
CQR

Ted.

JRT= Jerk Russell Terrorist.

Last edited by CQR; July 31st, 2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old July 31st, 2015, 06:42 AM

JRT= Jerk Russell Terrorist.
There's my morning laugh! Off to Phys. therapy for the last time.
Old July 31st, 2015, 06:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Took down some Sheetrock in the garage ceiling to repair an open tin vent line for the room over the garage. No problem getting it down but I needed the boys help to get it back up. 5/8 fire rated drywall is heavier than I thought. Pressure in the air vents is noticeably improved.

Clint, yes sir they are pretty impressive. I like the body lines of the Challenger better than any of the other offerings they have in that size class.

Jim, yeah I usta fly one of them in the big one. JK. When I was a kid I built a lot of model aircraft and for some strange reason I gravitated to military history of the early 20 th century. Hellcats were primarily designed for the navy late in the war and not so many of them survive today. It's an under rated plane, same as the Thunderbolt. Proof that if you put enough power in front of a brick outhouse it will fly. What's the new deal gonna be wit de trees?

Ted, actually it's Jack Russell Terrier if you didn't get Clints cryptic slant on his pooch.

Just watering right now as it looks like it'll be a hot one later on. Good way to kick off the weekend. Enjoy your day.
Old July 31st, 2015, 06:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

No thanks Al. I wouldn't wanna be served a rodent so I shant serve any tree rodents But hopefully I took them off to a better place and don't believe the same ones are gonna be back. Got #10 this mernin

Whelpt change of plans, the middle daughter couldn't get off of work. Zo the cast will have to wait until next Sunday I was hoping to go ahead and get it over with.

Great pic of the JRT Clint

Yep Ted, that was the plan, but the Mrs spoiled that

Allan he didn't offer to take you around the block in it? If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times.. You can't hide money
Old July 31st, 2015, 07:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Lol Clint, feed your JRT a can of red bull and they'd be identical twins!

Scot, varmints or rodents. Party much fit the same category specially if you don't want me around. Me be farm me out to Jim so his supermodels coons don't get lonely.
Old July 31st, 2015, 07:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah Al, I used to eat them tree rats. When I was a lad. I'd make homemade sling shots, then I graduated to the Red Ryder and then it got real when I scored a single shot Chipmunk .22 LR for Christmas. But those days are gone and would rather shoot 'em with a Nikon But I'll tell you this, I wouldn't starve if the need arose
Old July 31st, 2015, 08:21 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... barely.... A big gust came thru yesterday evening and knocked our power out for hours. Thank goodness for the generator. Now today, I see the power supply to the DSL modem along with the surge suppressor are toast. I also think the batteries are gone in the UPS. So, after power was "restored," we've been having these huge voltage drops, sometimes to almost nothing... and it's frying everything. Our fridge and A/C systems are all over 10 yrs old and don't know how much of this they can take. I have yet another service call in to Entergy (as of 7 this morning) and no sign of anybody here yet (although I've already been to Baton Rouge & back this morning -- but better half was "manning" the helm in my absence). We're in the sticks and I think we're a low priority... kinda' zucks; but that's the way it is.

Hope the change of plans agrees with the gang, Scot.

Love the pet gargoyle, Clint. Bela Lugosi wishes he had fangs like that -- at least on the top .

Good luck at the PT, Dan.

I guess that's everyone's preference nowadays, Ted. Even 20 yrs ago, those '69 - '72s were the cars of choice. Strictly personal, but I have soft spot in my heart for the '68s. I like the slit tail lights, whacky front, and the old-style dashboard ignition key. Back in '74, I almost bought a '69, though: an "adult" friend had an "S" he traded in. I couldn't quite muster the funds, however, being quite the juvenile.

Whelpt, have a great day of Freya, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 31st, 2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, the 68/69 were both cool. I loved the body style change in 68 but loved the front/rear end refinement of the 69, except for that stupid hood tooth. Also liked the 69 for losing the vent window on the coupes.

By comparison I think we're luckier with power delivery in my hood. We've had 3 power outages in 16 years and they weren't more than about half hour to an hour. Course we're not in de sticks so that helps. Ya know those SSIV wheels will likely fit your car. I believe they are 5x5 15" wheels.

Put the AC on auto cause it's gonna be hot. Just did my walk. Surprise! The flock of geese that's usually at the lake had migrated to one of the neiborhoods close by. I skirted them because they can get quite nasty. They were not shy about waking about all over the place leaving greasy droppings all over the sidewalks, road and lawns. Pretty looking bird but very messy. They were good size for the table but they're out of season.
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:02 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Wanted to sleep until 1 or 2 but went to bed too early last night. I was beat.

Drove up to Marietta last night for pizza. Met a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while, nice time. I pass two Firestone places once I get up close, and in one of them I saw a 70 Cutlass-type convertible in a service bay. Couldn't tell if it was a 442 or not, was dark green with a white top. It was a nice surprise.

Ted I really haven't done much to the Jeep so far. I did get an alternator and belts for it, but haven't put them on. This is one of those projects I know I won't get to for awhile. While all the Wagoneers from the beginning to the end pretty much looked the same, they only made this particular look for a few years and it's the one I wanted. So better to get one now while it's still affordable and in decent shape.

Got the door up for the dogs' room, it isn't quite finished but it will do for now. I couldn't find a metal door or a solid core in the size I needed, so I had to make due with an extra door I had in the basement. There's one more layer of protection I need to ad but as it is should be able to withstand a storm or two. The last layer is actually to protect the dogs from themselves. I know they are going to scratch at the door but by putting metal on it they won't get splinters.

John my neighbor wanted to put in a generator a few years ago but found out it would be 7K so he backed off on the idea. That doesn't seem like a lot when his wife spends tens of thousands each time she wants to redo a room. Anyway I asked him if he could have an outlet put on the side of the generator and he said what for. I said so I could run an extension cord.

Clint wondered if I need to change the oil in the truck's transmission? It's a 6 speed manual, has 87000 on it and I'm quite sure it hasn't been changed in the last 13 years. It shifts okay, not as smooth as say a BMW, but being a GM trans I don't expect it to.

Scot you ate them things? Yikes. My aunt barbequed a raccoon for Christmas one year. I was a kid, so I don't remember if it had an odd taste to it or not. It must not have.

Guess I'll see if I can get something done this afternoon. Work tonight. It's been a good vacation.
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:41 AM

Well, my trip to the physical therapist sucked.
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Clint - what's your terrorists name??
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, my trip to the physical therapist sucked.
Oh my! Now your car needs therapy. Are you ok?
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:57 AM

Yikes, As de say in San Antonio Que pasa/

Scot, I think ya need one of these fer de cement pond.
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:59 AM

I'm fine Allan. There is a very busy (the most traffic in the county) intersection about a mile from where I was going for phys. therapy, it has a double right hand turn lane, and I was on the outside, with a Silverado on my right, well as we are making our turn in unison, unbeknownst to me (he blocked my right hand sightline) there was another Silverado stopped in his lane, he swerved to avoid it, and caught me with his drivers side front bumper, he had minimal damage, and the cop told him that he would not get a ticket as he was trying to avoid the stalled vehicle, but the Police report would list him as the "at fault driver". To make matters worse, as we were inspecting our vehicles prior to me calling 911, here comes a gal walking towards us, and says "sorry guys", jumps into her truck and drives away! WTF! Which makes me wonder what the hell was she doing stopped in the middle of that lane with a truck that started right up?
Old July 31st, 2015, 11:23 AM

Was she blonde?
Old July 31st, 2015, 11:35 AM

Was she blonde?
Nope...black hair.
Old July 31st, 2015, 01:46 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yep Mike I used to. It was the thing to do and I guess it's a Southern thang Heck there was even a robin season

Well Dan that stinks, but I'm glad you're alright. And YOWSER!! I need a cold shower

Forget the Tehas waterslide Jamesbo, I'm going to Michigan!!!
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Dan that's sure too bad. The other guy's insurance is still gonna pay for you car, isn't it? Causing an accident even though avoiding another one doesn't seem like it should be dismissed. It's illegal lane usage at the very least.

Those little pictures indeed look nice, but that's all they are for me, little pictures. I got some scrolling back, but I can't click on a picture to make it bigger. Ah, well.

Okay off to work. Sounds like it's gonna be a nice weekend. I wouldn't mind easing back into work after being off. Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 31st, 2015, 03:13 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike have you tried restarting your computer?
Old July 31st, 2015, 03:33 PM

Mike, Michigan has no fault, so my insurance will be paying for it, $2284.00, they will replace the front passenger door, repair the rest, and respray the entire passengers side.
Old July 31st, 2015, 04:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

That's all?? Up here the body shop would be replacing both front and rear doors, fixing the dogleg crease and the entire side resprayed. Likely to the tune of around 4500.00 or so. That rear door must look worse in the pic than it is?? Heck when my Sonata had a smaller crease than that in the fender and hood the body shop replaced both.

Nice and hot right now - 86°. Wouldn't know it from inside though. That fixit in the garage ducting makes a huge difference in pressurizing the air coming upstairs. Comfy and 73° inside. Gotta go to Wally World later to return a watermelon that's moldy in the middle after cutting it open.

Mike, here's a couple of them super sized. Sorry to hear you haven't been able to resolve the problem with your puter. Scrolling issues may be related to the mouse software. Have you tried deleting it and re-installing it?

Old July 31st, 2015, 06:17 PM

Allan, the rear door is actually minimal, more paint on it than damage, yes it is creased, but not that bad, the dogleg will be repaired and the rocker replaced as well... the entire side will be resprayed.
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Gee Dan, I just noticed that the front door has a good patch of rust perforation going on it. Good thing it's getting replaced. They'll also treat that part on the edge where it's starting to get some too? MI winters must be hell on your car. Do they put lots of salt down?
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:53 PM

Allan, we use a **** load of salt on our roads, and oddly enough, last summer I stopped at a body shop to have that rust fixed, and he wanted $650.00!! I thought "how in the hell to you justify that?" there just is not that much labor and prep involved to come up with that figure, needless to say I'm going with a different shop this time.
Old August 1st, 2015, 04:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Long, tough night at work. I'm wacked. I don't remember parts of the drive home this morning, scary.

Dan that's too bad you're on the hook for your car. You had nothing to do with the accident other than you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Scot I turn this thing off every night when I leave for work. I think it's just tired. It's three years old.

That's it for me. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 1st, 2015, 06:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin
Elsie has been here for several hours. So nice to have her visit again. Everything smells fresh.

Dan, 650 to do one small spot? That's ridiculous. Hope you find a decent shop although with a replacement door and insurance picking up the tab I'm not sure it matters much. Watch for overspray in the jamb areas though.

Hmmm a 3 year old outer shouldn't be tired. Mine is close to 8 years and going fine. It also is on at least 12+ hours a day. Oh well some of them are junk and others aren't.

Yay for Saturn day, right John?
Old August 1st, 2015, 07:07 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Here is a t shirt for ya Allan....

Nutting new...going to my sons football play off game...should be a good day for it...
Old August 1st, 2015, 07:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good one Ted! Who maintains those now that Saturn has been ditched? Hmmm, a different kind of playground for a different kind of kid?
Old August 1st, 2015, 11:59 AM

Hi Bye, GTG busy day in de yard
Old August 1st, 2015, 02:24 PM

Morning all, nice and sunny with minimal wind the last few days. You honestly wouldn't think it's the middle of winter here. Lows of only 5 deg and highs of around 20.

Sorry to hear about your car Dan, it's always a pain in the rear having to get a car fixed, even more so when you didn't do anything wrong to brake it.

Starting to get busy at work again, I like close deadlines, having to have parts and prepared ready for install. I find it boring when there is a little lull in the work.

If those models are called plus size then bring them on, they're beautiful and healthy. You can keep those stick figure models, just my 2 cents

Time to go get some yard work done too Jim,

Take care everyone,

Adrian
Old August 1st, 2015, 02:48 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day here it was, about 85 and sunny, not humid. I didn't see very much of it, which is sort of a good thing.

Adrian I agree with you. Models that are too thin look sickly. I'll take your kind of winter any day. Still planning on the middle of September to visit Melbourne.

It seems Ohio paints their roads with salt in the winter as well. It's been a long time(well, a year) since I've seen cars with rocker panels rusted completely gone, and wheel wells rusted out. Ah, made me long for home.

Okay gotta leave a little early today so I can put gas in the truck. I'd hate to run out of gas and have to push that sucker. Reminds me of Married With Children. Al's Duster runs out of gas and he has to push it everywhere with the family in the car. Someone asks him why they don't just walk. Al says, because it's too far.

Have a good Saturday evening everyone. It's August. Hm, July seems to have gone fairly slow. Wouldn't mind if August followed suit.
Old August 1st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian - loved your video on FB. That needed saying.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 04:02 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got farmed out to Bay 2 last night. We had 20 people at work(we're supposed to have 32) but the second in command manager over maintenance thought a couple of us should go and bail out the letter check, so it could make it's ready time of 11pm tonight. Well guess what, it isn't going to make the ready time because the elevator droop test failed and there's a composite repair that has to set until 630 tomorrow morning. Hope my department got all their work done regardless, because same manager will scream holy hell if we don't.

Beautiful out right now, and was all night. Cool, unhumid, clear. Gonna stay this way for a few more days anyway, then the hot and humidity come back. That's okay, too.

Okay gonna hit the sack. Tonight is Friday. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 06:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday morn

Went shopping yesterday afternoon for new furniture. Saw some nice stuff but didn't buy anything.

Beautiful day ahead.

Scot, wutchu think? Adrian for president? Bet he could produce a birth certificate.....
Old August 2nd, 2015, 07:07 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Whelp it's a bit cooler this morning thanks to Elsie's visit yesterday

Allan, that was a video of another guy Adrian shared. But yes that guy nailed it. Agreed he is ticked off for many great reasons, but he should've made the same points without all of the profanity. I guess it's hard to contain when you're that ticked off. Either way I agree wholeheartedly with his rant

Seems to me by now they would have come up with something better than salt to de-ice the roads.

Have a great day all
Old August 2nd, 2015, 07:11 AM

Boy dis place looks nice after a day of werking outside.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 08:28 AM

Good morning, a little something for Mike, and anyone else to enjoy, scroll down to the swim in: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/08/02/hemmings-sunday-cinema-wishes-on-wheels-amphicars-in-lake-erie-art-of-the-car-chase/?refer=news