The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry to hear about the cat, Allan R. That hurts my heart. They are part of the family and it's soooo hard to let them go. Good luck to ya, I'll be thinking about you all.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM

Allan, Sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:44 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Busy but fun last couple of days.

Bowled for the first time in over 3 weeks last night. First game was average, but the next two were lower. The slide area up to the fowl line was sticky last night, even after cleaning it. Almost did a face plant my first practise shot But enjoyed getting back to it.

Sunday was the car club cruise to the Calabogie Motorsports Park (road course). I decide to take the Delta since it is the better handling car with the F41 suspension package. It doesn't handle too bad. I had a great time.

Allan, I am sorry to hear about your cat.

John, I have to ask out of curiosity, especially due to some of your recent posts. Is French common at all in Louisiana?
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day down ere. Wish I could smacky white round again.

Ya know in 1963 there was a movie called "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world."

De didn't know nutt'in 'bout mad, mad, mad, mad world.

De word "Freshman" is now considered Non PC and offensive. Why? Because it t'aint "Gender Sensitive"

WTF is wrong wit people?
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

World is a changin

The world is sure changing... I think we all need to relax and listen to Bob Dylan or something.......

Ted
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Yep, indeedy

Jamesbo,
That was a goodie, too.... one of many movies back then that had a real intermission I heard that news this morning from Jim Bohannon (the original Jamesbo?) and I reminded myself of you collapsing on your keyboard.... I mean, if we went from the sublime to the ridiculous, where do you go from ridiculous? That's just plain insane.

Car Designer, yes, there is a ton of French spoken in LA.... still. You've prolly heard of the "Cajuns," which is an adulteration of "Acadians," who were the Catholics thrown out from Acadia. (See link.) My paternal grandparents were both French-speaking Cajuns, born in Lafourche Parish, married there, and moved to N.O. in the mid-20s. I grew up and lived next-door to them for the first 23 years of my life.

I beat myself up now for the great opportunity I blew as a kid to learn French (at least Cajun French, which is perhaps a dialect all its own). All I did was make fun of it when I was a kid... .... tell me kids ain't dumb....

On a differnt note, we finally captured the new little kitty last night; he's still scared, but we have him in a kennel and are still trying to calm him down. I'm hoping we'll succeed and we can adopt him out locally in the next week or so.... he's dirty, but we're going to clean him up and bring him to the Vet as soon as he gets a bit used to us... hopefully very soon!

Y'all have a great humpity-hump

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ya know in 1963 there was a movie called "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world." De didn't know nutt'in 'bout mad, mad, mad, mad world. De word "Freshman" is now considered Non PC and offensive. Why? Because it t'aint "Gender Sensitive"
WTF is wrong wit people?
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Humpday Mawnin All

Clear and cool this morning with a copy/paste day like yesterday. Supposed to get a a little cooler next week after the weekend rain.

Look out Jamaica 'cause here come Sandy Weathermap

In my "Slingblade" Billy Bob Thornton voice... I like the way dem Cajun's talk ummhumm

Yall have a good Humpday ya hear
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Y'all don't get me started on Cajuns. Reminds me of a brown eyed babe I knew [in the Biblical sense] named Pauline Bernadette Privot from New Iberia.
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a rainy morning here, but nice. Temps in the 60's now heading towards 74 or so. Tomorrow we're supposed to have 'record' temps and sunshine!!! I may take a 1/2 personal day and bond with my lounge chair. Next week we drop to the 40's and it's gonna be a dank rainy week.

Quiet in here. Nothing going on. Temp is 76 in here and Steve just turned on his heater.......

John... glad you got the kitty! I love to hear the Swamp People talk, lol. I can't wait until we can take a trip to the 'Nawlins area.

Scot.... I'm a comin in with a vengence! That's cause I have to put Teepo away soon, and I'm not happy, lol.

It would be nice to hear from Adrian..... wonder what's goin on with the car?

Jamesbo... I dug out my recipes for your soups so I can stock up on ingredients, since it's beginning to be soup weather.

Well you all have a great humpday!!
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

It seems you knew a lot of gals (in the Biblical sense) Jamesbo
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Captain Starfire

Absotively...

It probly all in the long-lost Second Letter of James....

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
It seems you knew a lot of gals (in the Biblical sense) Jamesbo
\

Wow... Slingblade.... now that was a movie, too....
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Leave me alone, I'm dream'in of my youth
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yes, pretty good movie it was.

Here's one for Mike
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Hey, Let's all move to Texas, Dares a new road down thar wit a speed limit of 85 mph. figger 10 miles over to get a ticket. Dat's 95 mph
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

You should be used to those speeds on the Hot Lanta Autobahn Jamesbo It's either keep up or get runned over
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:12 AM

Sandy, Soups smoops, I'm hav'in sum fried bologna.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning ....

Well nothing special happened so far except ..... I'm not sure if I mentioned this one or not , but .... I had to move my car a week ago while waiting at the gas station for a pump to open up .... Why ? .... There was this lady putting air in her car tires right next to my car , and the box that the air hose came out of had a built in tire guage with a digital read out on it . I couldn't help but notice she was nearing 50LBS of pressure , and still putting air in them ! I couldn't believe it ! She had regular tires on her car , so I know they couldn't of been rated for more then 44LBS , and that's being generous .... So I moved my car across the parking lot and waited . I was going to say something , but I knew what kind of a response I'd probably get , so I just prayed for her ....

Jamesbo - I gotta ask .... What's this " smack whitey " around comment mean ? My mind is a wandering in many different directions .... and my 72 CS could not handle a 85MPH speed limit . I would die , but my 93 Buick would just be going into overdrive

Sammy - How about some Pink Floyd instead of Bob Dilan .... even more relaxing

John - That's very interesting about your culture . I enjoyed reading that link , and I learned something new .... Oh , I eat oatmeal everyday ... How close to grits is that ?
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:18 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sandy, Soups smoops, I'm hav'in sum fried bologna.

I looks to me like you killed Pac Man
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... I haven't had fried bologna in years, lol! I don't eat bologna anymore. There's a booth at the Newton Falls car show that sells fried bologna, and it smells soooo good!

Bryan.... Nope. Oatmeal isn't close to grits at all! Grits look more like Cream of Wheat, but have a whole nother taste, lol. I like grits. Oh, and when Jamesbo is 'smackin whitey' around, he's golfing......
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo... I haven't had fried bologna in years, lol! I don't eat bologna anymore. There's a booth at the Newton Falls car show that sells fried bologna, and it smells soooo good!

Bryan.... Nope. Oatmeal isn't close to grits at all! Grits look more like Cream of Wheat, but have a whole nother taste, lol. I like grits. Oh, and when Jamesbo is 'smackin whitey' around, he's golfing......
omg ! I can't believe I didn't think about golfing as the term for that , LOL
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Fried bologna sandwich with mustard and fried green tomatoes and a side of Mac n Cheese Reminds me of college days...awesome! Think I will make that for dinner tonight. Might not be still married by morning

Ted
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Hump Day everyone. Busy here today. Good reason to get up and see what all is going on.

Scot that was pretty funny. I used to work with a guy everyone called Slingblade. I never saw the movie but everyone said he looked just like the guy in the movie.

These neighbors of mine are always talking about fried bologna sandwiches. Oh you haven't lived until you have a fried bologna sandwich. So I went to the deli and got fryin' bologna(that's what the woman called it) and fixed it just like my neighbor said. It must lose something in the translation because it was just hot bologna.

Jamesbo where is New Iberia? Next to old Iberia? That reminds me of something I read in the newspaper when the Olympics were in Atlanta. This guy from New Mexico called to order tickets, and the operator said he had to call International ticket sales. The guy says, no, I'm not in Mexico, I'm in NEW Mexico. She said, new Mexico, old Mexico, you still have to call International ticket sales.

John you should send your new kitty to Allan. Hope he's okay today.

Think I'll get out my paint and create a masterpiece. Well, clean up some closet doors anyway. Beautiful day here.
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Mike, It's jes south of Lafayette,La not fer from Avery Island [whar de make Tabasco Sauce. {notice how I don't link hot sauce to de Cajun babe]

Sandy, What soups are ya fix'in to fix? I forgets what recipes I gave ya. Repost dem Please.

Grits ain't anything like cream of wheat. Cream of wheat taste down right awful.

Adrian [our Australian friend] once be say, "Grits are a conduit for butter." That ain't fer off.
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Always room for one more

And a good evening to everyone.

Time for another three days of work. That's okay. If I didn't go to work I couldn't live in my house. It will go by quick because I likely won't be ready for Florida by Saturday.

My sister texted me that she'll be flying through Atlanta tonight around 10. She's connecting to whatever the closest airport to Destin, FL, is. I hope I can get a few minutes to go see her.

Jamesbo is that because she doesn't need any more spice or because she doesn't resemble spice?

Ted did you make all that for your supper? Has anyone ever heard of the "marriage blanket?" I saw this on TV once, no kidding. It's a blanket that absorbs, well, undesireable odor. It showed cartoonized vapors and people sleeping with smiles on their faces.

Okay gonna go get some gas for the truck and head to work. Hope everyone has a good evening. It's almost Friday!
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,

I'm starting to really not like the cold. I think it makes people cranky. Anyone want to trade their hot uncomfortable space with me? I need some heat and that's just not normal.

Glad you guys got Bryan straightened out on some of Jamesbo's terminology.

John - Thank you for taking in that kitten and caring for it. I really appreciate your kindness. Not sure if I can jump into that hoop right now myself.

Mike - Graeme asked me to buy some store bought waffles and pancakes for quick brekkies. Ugh! Don't know how anyone can really enjoy those. Hope you have a great 'short' visit with your sister.

Ted - I think your Mrs will tolerate more than that if she knew you back in college days. I'll get on the 'parcel' you asked about shortly.

Sandy - I know about grits. I used to live in Ohio. I also don't mind Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal. But they need to have brown sugar and cream.

Jamesbo - cream o' wheat isn't all that bad. I likes raisins cooked into it to take away some of de boring flavor.

Scot - that was funny. I like
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:30 AM
CQR

Good Mornin all. You folks were busy the past 48 hours. That was a lot of posts. I was too, Thats why I missed yesterday.

Allan My condolences on your cat. No words to say ever make the pain any better. I do believe the USPS over in Georgia sent me something that was spose to go to you. I have attached a picture below. And you're right it does tend to put a knot in peoples britches. (mine included)

I did get the plow installed on the mighty Hoopdee, and the wheeler in the rain yesterday afternoon. So, I'll have to make the trek up the hill and see if the feed store needs plowed before I open the shop. I had to get to the shop early to finish up a tie rod and alignment on an Eighty-Eight because I got so far behind on Tuesday. I've been fighting a very intermittent false ABS activation on a '03 GMC. We decided to replace the LF wheel speed sensor as a best guess. Well, I went through 3 new sensors that wouldn't work at all. come to find out the wheel bearing had been replaced and the sensor was about .020" longer than the OE sensors so the new ones wouldn't pick up the signals from the tone ring.

Paul glad to hear you got to beat up on the rack finally. We bowled last night and won 3 of 4. that put us pack in first place.

Bryan. I think Brittney would have a ball on the 85 MPH speed limit. She shakes a little 55-65 MPH, but when you crank her up a little she smooths right out. and I think She would be sitting at about 2200RPM at 85

Have a great Thursday all.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:38 AM
CQR

Oh, BTW Sandy.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

....now that is a sight to see first thing in the AM.....and I have not had breakfast yet!

Ted
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice one. Wish my back would quit ach'in. Some where along my family line the ability to do manual labor was bred outa us. Saturday, I did sum an I've been suffer'in ever sense.

Happy Berfday Sandy

I can't wait fer dis election to be over. The news has got me ready to pitch my cookies every mawn'in.

Mike, No she doesn't need any more spice but don't bother me wit reality. She probably has 4.5 rugs rats and yard apes and weighs 235 lbs. by now. I jes wanta remain in fantasy land.

Allan, Ferget 'bout be'in cranky, If I had to eat cream of wheat and own a snow plow, I think it would do me in.

I had a bowl of grits dis mawn'in [sans butter] but I added sum chopped up sausage. Mighty fine.

Ted, When I was in college, I had sum books dat were gett'in dusty so I took my clothes iron an turned it upside down and propped it up betwix a few books. I took sum aluminum foil and covered the bottom of de iron. Turned it on High and cooked grilled cheese sandwiches, and fried bologna all de time.

Course dat was back when de ark was dry'in out. I also reloaded shotgun shells in my dorm room so I could shoot skeet every day. Today hav'in a keg of red dot gun powder in your room with go over like a [fill in de blank]

Scot, I done made up my mind. I know I say it every year but this year, I'm gonna do it. Come Jan 1, I'm headed fer de Keys. I gotta drink "boat drinks" wit umbrellas in dem and go bone fish'in. til de spring thaw. Want me to pic ya up on I-75 on de way down?

I gotta go to de big city fer a funeral mass of a friend of mine's father. How long does a full mass last? Do ya think I need to take sum cheese crackers in my pocket?

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Got that right, Scot...

Always an adventure driving thru Hot-L.... I have no idea why they bother to post those pesky speed-limit signs.
Originally Posted by GAOldsman
You should be used to those speeds on the Hot Lanta Autobahn Jamesbo It's either keep up or get runned over
Jamesbo, why does your bologna look like little pac-men? Also, sorry to hear of yer friend's Dad. But maybe you could do without the cheese-crackers for about an hour an a quarter, iffin' you should get a long-winded priest, or long-winded eulogizer.

Bryan --> not related... one's oats; one's hominy. Although I hear of putting sweet things in grits the way a lot of folks put honey and sugar in oatmeal (and farina-type substances), the thought of doing that down in the swamps might make you subject to a home-invasion.... Fer da' grits, we stick to cheese, butter, sausage, and other such savory ingredients.

Boy, Clint, you really should warn us before giving us the sight of David Düsseldorf in his skivvies right after breakfast .

Happy Birthday, Sandy... What's Teepo giving you?

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 25th, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:51 AM

John, Ya gots to cut it to keep it from curing up in de skillet. I bet chu know. How long does a full blown funeral mass last? I'm trying to plan my day-Tanks
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Captain Starfire

U know all da' tricks... I would just eat it wit' da' waves in it....
See above, but at the longest, it would be an hour & half; my money says about 1 hour 10 minutes for an "average" Requiem Mass. Requiescat in pace.
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM

Tanks John, Preciate it.

As far as dri'in round Hotlanta [a la Pascual Perez] jes do like I do, shut your eyes and put de pedal to de metal.
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Beautiful morning here! Sun and 56 degrees right now, heading towards 80!!!!!! I'm out of here at noon. Gonna bond with my lounge chair one last time. I schleped it back down from upstairs in the garage last night.

Clint....... That snow sucks!!!! I saw that word in the 8 day forecast last night. Depends on where Hurricane Sandy is gonna hit along the East coast, combined with a cold front and cold arctic air coming in..... sounds like it could be a mess.

No heaters blasting in here, but the air was so thick and yucky when I came in, I turned on my fan. I'm waiting for Brian to say something.....

Allan R.... I wish I could send you some of this canned heat, lol.

Thanks for the b'day wishes. I appreciate it!

Nicole is missing class today - it's Nick's last day here. She has to have him at the airport by 6:00 tonight. They are supposed to bring me a 'surprise' lunch. I told her I would be home, and Larry will be stopping by home also, so I will let her know when he leaves so she doesn't get busted. I really don't want any fighting on my birthday. There has been way toooooo much of that through the years! She better not bring me anything big for lunch. I have to stay hungry for dinner tonight. Larry said he'll take me to Red Lobster if I want, but I'm thinking maybe the Olive Garden. Larry doesn't care for either place, lol.

Mike..... I got the shirts yesterday! Thanks so much. And for the b'day card also. That was sweet of you. I'll have to have the shirts altered to fit me, lol.

Jamesbo..... I said that grits look like cream of wheat, but a whole nother taste, lol. I just meant they are white in color and don't look like oatmeal. I like cream of wheat too. The soups are the Baked Tater soup and the Hamburger Tomato soup. I don't usually keep beef or chicken broths, so I had to see what I would need to have.

Teepo and I should have went to Chick A filet last night, but we didn't. We would have got there and it would have been dark in 15 minutes, lol. Why bother?? I have to get some Stabil for in her gas and get her ready to put away. At least I can get her out once in a while since I have a driveway now.

Well you all have a good day. Talk to ya later on!!
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:39 AM
"Car"mudgeon

HaPpY BeRfDaY Sandy!!!

Jamesbo I'd love to go bonefishin off da Keys but alas I am so broke I can't even pay attention, much less tip the waitresses fer my refreshments

Wow fried bologna, I haven't had that since I were a single man It's good, but the better half won't even buy any even if I request it

Grits you say?

Kinda like heaven in a bowl
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:47 AM

YUM shrimp an grits. BUT cha gotta try dis Grits a ya ya. It's outa dis world

http://www.pensacolacelebritychefs.c...ts-a-ya-ya.php
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh yeah and who could forget Flo from Mel's Diner?

But I like this meaning better

Old October 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work, and the pressure is off...Monday is over. Beautiful day here.

Gee I hate it for you, Clint, but you can keep that right there. I have the perfect vehicle for a snow plow. A stick shift Suburban that is also 4 wheel drive. Trouble is, the Burb has about had it and I'm going to take it all apart.

Happy Birthday Sandy. Glad you liked the shirts. You have to have them altered? You mean taken in? Post us pictures of you wearing them. When is Teepo's birthday? Hope Nick has a safe trip back to the left coast.

Allan tell Graeme to forget the Eggo's. Send him to my house and I'll treat him to the Awful house and he can experience it all first hand. No pancakes, though. You can come with, too. It'll be a hoot.

Jamesbo I've always heard the length of the funeral is in direct proportion to how nice the person was. Condolences to your friend. Hm, I've been offering my empathy a lot lately.

Gonna get a battery for my neighbor's Camaro this afternoon. I wanted to get him one a month ago, but he said oh no, it's still good. Put some water in it and charged it up and it did great, for a couple days, then back to discharging every day. Then yesterday he tells me he puts the charger on and all the water comes spewing out of the top. Told ya so. The battery is at least ten years old.

Time to hit the sack. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Morning everyone
Same ol same ol up here. We've got a new outdoor sport now. Called "Freeze your **** off". The winner is the one smart enough not to play...

Clint - Well, color me dumb. First thing I thought of when I saw that pic was, "Why would USPS ship you a dog?" Ah, then I realized you were playing the new ^^^ popular Canadian Sport. X2 with Ted on that barfday poster....almost spewed coffee on my puter.

Mike - Thankee kindly sir. Ya know one of these days I gotta make it back down there.

Scot - dang you're making me hungry. So's Jamesbo. BTW I love the GRITS actual definition..

Sandy - Happy 29th! Hope your day is the bestest of the best. Maybe someone at de office will concede something today and let you 'own' the thermostat?
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

It's sunny and already 72 degrees outside!!! 20 minutes and I'm out of here - so looking forward to my lounge chair, lol!