The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2024 | 07:40 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
I feel so privileged to have been a part of this record setting event.
Not.
SRP is honored you're so privileged.
Old September 16th, 2024 | 07:50 PM

So I went with some dudes to a cars and coffee on sat in Scottsdale. We were there at 6:30am, event was howling at 7, and people were leaving at 8 because it was nearly time to be inside. We went to breakfast.

I will say, here and now, that a rental Chevy Malibu struggles to keep up with old guys enjoying their Porsches, Ferraris, and Mercedes. I had to put it to the wood a couple times. Had a 4 dollar pancake that was dinner plate sized.
Old September 16th, 2024 | 08:21 PM

John, when it cools off you gotta come back for a Saturday at The Pavilions. The number of amazing cars that show up is awesome. One time I stood between two pristine 426 Hemi Chargers. I’ll never forget that.
Old September 16th, 2024 | 08:44 PM
Running On Empty

If you ever have the opportunity, visit a "The Original Pancake House" location. Phenomenal - nothing compares - the best.
Old September 16th, 2024 | 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
John, when it cools off you gotta come back for a Saturday at The Pavilions. The number of amazing cars that show up is awesome. One time I stood between two pristine 426 Hemi Chargers. I’ll never forget that.
Will do. This place was Alpio's at Troon. The worst car there would be the best car at any other cars and coffee.
Old September 16th, 2024 | 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
The worst car there would be the best car at any other cars and coffee.
That’s one reason I quit doing car shows. My entire car is worth less than some of those folks paint jobs.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 08:22 AM

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a great day.

My Annual Physical went fine, but I feel like a pin cushion. Blood draw, Covid vaccine, Flu vaccine, and Tetanus vaccine, plus UA sample. Only a little bad news, it's been 10-years since my last Colonoscopy so they're going to schedule one. It's all good! 👍
Old September 17th, 2024 | 09:06 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Long morning. Got here and none of the equipment worked. The robot itself worked but the rail, the retriever, the arms, none of it worked. No way to get tires and rims together, and then no way to release them. So almost no production for overtime. My wall guy had a couple wheels saved from yesterday so I had several minutes of work to do. Plant maintenance came in at 6 and did some sort of magic and it all began working again.

Chris glad the physical went well. My last physical I think lasted a whole 10 minutes. I was just a number to that guy, he wasn't interested in my well being. It's probably been 5 to 6 years since my colonoscopy, and what holds me back from another one is I don't have anyone to give me a ride. And they won't let you take a cab. And it's too far to walk. The desk seargent bitched at me last time because I said I was going to drive myself.

Norm not long after I moved into my house I would find water on the basement floor. I thought it was rain coming in under the door to the outside. Then I saw water when there was no rain. Turns out the water line to the ice maker broke at the base of the fridge and the water was following the line through the floor and dripping down to the basement floor. I closed the shutoff and clipped the line. Heck I have ice trays if I need them. Some day I'm gonna switch the kitchen with the eating area. The cabinets and appliances will go where the eating area is, and the present kitchen will become a semi-formal dining area. And no ice maker.

Errands after work again. Pretty day out. Cold in the shop today. Happy birthday Hank Williams and John Ritter. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by slantflat; September 17th, 2024 at 09:08 AM.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 09:31 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Glad the exam was a non-issue. You don't like needles or what? Occasionally I'd draw my own blood for experiments if there weren't any lab rats (fellow lab workers/researchers) available.

Mike - I hear regarding ice trays vs. ice makers.

I poop in a bucket then send it to Cologuard who analyzes it & provides results. I know two people who had their colon perforated from a colonoscopy - one damn near died from sepsis. All from what the medical profession will describe as a routine procedure. Well, these routine procedures do have incidents of both perforation & hemorrhaging especially when some practitioners rush to get in as many as they can each day. May not be significantly huge, but Cologuard is 92% effective in detecting cancer of the colon.

Spent ~2-3 hrs meandering parts/supply stores gathering materials. Water supply line was the easy part (of course). Finding the MAW cabinetry rails/hardware has been 50/50. Going to check my local Ace Hardware next (3' minutes from house) but hopes are not high. I may need to order several items on-line (if I can find them which I believe I can).

Of significance it isn't raining today. Flash flooding has been everywhere. I think I read we received ~1' to 1.5' of rain in the past four or five days. Much of it can't seep/penetrate the water table fast enough since the ground water tables are completely inundated. On a not so long drive this morning I witnessed two vehicles being pulled/towed out of flooded areas.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Glad the exam was a non-issue. You don't like needles or what? Occasionally I'd draw my own blood for experiments if there weren't any lab rats (fellow lab workers/researchers) available.
No, I don't hate needles, but they're not a pleasure either. Thing I'm most worried about is getting both the Flu and Covid vaccines together, first time I've did that. Hoping they don't knock me on my *** later. I feel fine right now, but it's only been about 3-hours. I've used a home screening kit before, but it's been 10-years since a Colonscopy for me and he wanted me to get one, and I know the wife thinks I should get one too, just picking my battles, but I see your point.

Good luck finding all the hardware you need to get the cabinets back together right!
Old September 17th, 2024 | 11:26 AM
Running On Empty

The greater majority of time shopping (any type) is a bane for me.

I had to return to my True Value hardware store since I left one of my own center rails laying on the corner but trip was productive as I found a couple more pieces. I went to my local (3' drive) Ace hardware - they are closed with three cleanup/pumper truck type units. The entire floor was flooded so they had to close - they were pumping out water and cleaning stuff.

Half the day gone shopping around.

Pizza for lunch.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 11:28 AM

Hey, this cologuard thing sounds awesome. I am all about not getting my *** invaded by anything. I'm about to be 45 and they say to start colonscopy then. I may try a couple cologuards instead.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 11:35 AM
Running On Empty

Oh yeah. I have a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine scheduled in my calendar so I'll setup that appointment soon. I'll schedule an influenza vaccine for mid-October. I'm good on pneumonia vaccines. Hadn't thought anything about a Tetanus shot. I think they're good for 10 yrs? Don't know when I received the last one.

Chris - Which Tetanus did you get? DTaP, Td or Tdap? Tetanus vaccine is likely the most painful compared to influenza &/or SARS-CoV-2 vaccines. It always has been for me.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 11:41 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Hey, this cologuard thing sounds awesome. I am all about not getting my *** invaded by anything. I'm about to be 45 and they say to start colonscopy then. I may try a couple cologuards instead.
John - Your medical provider (physician &/or FNP) needs to write a prescription for Cologuard. I've never paid a penny - insurance covers them, but they do require a prescription. Cologuard tests/analysis includes a protein biomarker (hemoglobin), 7 distinct DNA point mutation biomarkers (KRAS gene), and 2 different DNA methylation biomarkers (NDRG4 and BMP3). Sorta/Kinda maybe gibberish but they're the prominent biomarkers you'll shed if you have colon cancer that's why Cologuard is quite specific. Cologuard was 1st approved in 2014. I've had three tests (every other year); so, I've done it the past six years.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:07 PM

Chris - Which Tetanus did you get? DTaP, Td or Tdap? Tetanus vaccine is likely the most painful compared to influenza &/or SARS-CoV-2 vaccines. It always has been for me.
Norm - My paperwork does not specify which type of Tetanus vaccination, it just says Tetanus vaccination? The Tetanus vaccination was more painful (and continues to be). I had my choice and decided to get the Tetanus in my bad shoulder, and the Flu and Covid in the good shoulder. That might have been a bad choice as the side with the Tetanus shot is very achy right now and getting stiff???
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:13 PM
Running On Empty

I most likely would have opted Tetanus in good shoulder for a singular reason. Tetanus vaccine produces serious swelling w/ stiff muscle(s) - for most people. The more you can exercise that shot location the faster swelling is reduced. Hey, too late now enjoy your stiffy. It'll generally get worse before it gets better.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:25 PM
Art S

The greater majority of time shopping (any type) is a bane for me.

I had to return to my True Value hardware store since I left one of my own center rails laying on the corner but trip was productive as I found a couple more pieces. I went to my local (3' drive) Ace hardware - they are closed with three cleanup/pumper truck type units. The entire floor was flooded so they had to close - they were pumping out water and cleaning stuff.

Half the day gone shopping around.

Pizza for lunch.
https://www.dlawlesshardware.com/
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:30 PM

I most likely would have opted Tetanus in good shoulder for a singular reason. Tetanus vaccine produces serious swelling w/ stiff muscle(s) - for most people. The more you can exercise that shot location the faster swelling is reduced. Hey, too late now enjoy your stiffy. It'll generally get worse before it gets better.
Yes, everything you've said is true, it's feeling more and more like a bad choice on my part. I'll try and exercise it as much as possible as you have suggested, but my options are limited because it's already f'ed up!
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:47 PM

Norm, what's your take on this? Jim, should this type of advertising be allowed on this site? https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...t_plug-181960/
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:53 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
...should this type of advertising be allowed on this site?
Absolutely not. I reported the thread/post you should also, Dan.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 12:55 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Supernice88
Art - Thanks. I'll have a look.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 01:02 PM

Absolutely not. I reported the thread/post you should also, Dan.
it's been removed.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 01:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
it's been removed.
Yep, Eric on top of it. Thanks for bringing it up.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 03:41 PM

What's lovingly known around here as "Belly Bombers" for dinner. I love the taste of them, but every once in awhile they don't like me, it can be a crap shoot, pun intended.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 05:17 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...every once in awhile they don't like me, it can be a crap shoot...
I could eat a baker's dozen of those sliders in H.S. I haven't touched one in years. I bought some once in the frozen section of the grocery store - tasted like crud. At any rate, you're getting to the point in age when you'll find those sliders are a real crap shoot. Parts don't work quite like they did when we were young'ns.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 05:44 PM

At any rate, you're getting to the point in age when you'll find those sliders are a real crap shoot. Parts don't work quite like they did when we were young'ns.
You're (I'm) getting to the point in age??? I realize I'm not the same age as some of you guys, but I will be 65 in just a couple months, I'd say I'm "at the age".
Old September 17th, 2024 | 06:04 PM

I think I get IBS from time to time. I tried to clear the Haitians out from the bathroom they hang out in at the plant the other day. Normally, I try to be discrete, but that day it was Operation Rolling Thunder.
Old September 17th, 2024 | 08:12 PM
Running On Empty

You're (I'm) getting to the point in age??? I realize I'm not the same age as some of you guys, but I will be 65 in just a couple months, I'd say I'm "at the age".
Certainly everyone ages differently but for me IBS/GIRD (based upon food choices/items alone) developed I'd say ~69yrs - 70yrs of age. Drinking coffee doesn't help to alleviate the symptoms - I'm addicted to coffee and this isn't good.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 04:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Started work at 5. Yesterday the lead said he wanted four robot guys to come in at 4, and everyone else come in at 5. Well some people came in at 4 anyway, and they built a few wheels but none got signed off. I don't know what that accomplished. Yet another sign that this man's presence is growing long in the tooth.

Chris love me some White Castles. I ate 22 of them once. I was with a friend and said do you want to go to White Castle? He said yes. Got us each 12. He ate two. Said he didn't like White Castle. Then why the hell did you say you wanted to go? So I ate all of mine and 10 of his. I don't remember any ill effects so I must not have had any. The secret to White Castle is drink milk. It's the only place I'll have a vanilla shake other than chocolate. As far as White Castle in the store, buy them, throw away the Castles and eat the box.

Got some lumber yesterday after work so today I'm gonna do some repairs on the back porch. The poor thing needs to be torn down and rebuilt, but that's not going to happen right now. It's sturdy enough, but was put up by an amateur. My vision for this was to have a couple different levels of deck that went down to a gazebo area. Actually I wanted to build out the house where the porch is and put the new porch off that. Just brain exercises at this point.

Norm hope you can finish up the fridge and drawers today. You haven't had an appliance project in a while.

Wheels are coming slow, so I think I'll take a walk. Have a good day everyone.

Old September 18th, 2024 | 06:16 AM

Certainly everyone ages differently but for me IBS/GIRD (based upon food choices/items alone) developed I'd say ~69yrs - 70yrs of age. Drinking coffee doesn't help to alleviate the symptoms - I'm addicted to coffee and this isn't good.
Norm - That makes sense. My wife drinks way, way, way too much coffee, and she wonders why she has stomach trouble. I'll have 1 or 2 cups tops when I first get up, but that's it for me.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Chris love me some White Castles. I ate 22 of them once.
Mike - Wow, I guess you do like them to say the least! I've always been a big eater, with pretty much a cast iron stomach, but at my peak I don't think I could have pulled that off!

Good luck with your porch project.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 06:26 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Twenty two sliders is a healthy dosage. Take your Mom to The Original Pancake House in Alpharetta. Typical day in my life - another appliance project. Good luck with the porch wood fabrication.

My appliance man is coming this afternoon to evaluate the minor leak, which has not leaked since I pulled the refrigerator out from the wall. New water supply line installed, several cabinets have some new hardware but I can't find a top mounted center monorail slide/runner/track same as other cabinets. Going to put everything back together except for the refrigerator which will wait until after the appliance man leaves.

Planned to play golf but the course/club has been closed. The rain completely swamped the terrain - hopefully tomorrow, we'll see.

Art - I'm going to have another look at that hardware site, but a quick glance hasn't proven fruitful, as yet.

Crawling around on the floor & maneuvering inside the cabinets beat me up nicely. I should be put in traction.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 06:30 AM
Running On Empty

I've always been a big eater, with pretty much a cast iron stomach...
Chris - Same here. Sums up exactly how I ate my entire life. People consistently asked me where do you put it all? My BMR is higher than the average CBU.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 06:43 AM

Good morning guys,

Well, the wheels came off the train around 9 to 9:30pm last night. By this time my right shoulder that I had the Flu and Covid shots in was super achy and very stiff, my bad shoulder that I got the Tentanus in was about the same. I also got very achy all over, especially my knees and hips, and a throbbing headache. I took 3 Ibuprofen and told my wife I was going to bed. Couldn't get to sleep because I'm a side sleeper and it was very painful to lie on either side. I tossed and turned for a couple hours and got up, drank a bottle of water and took another Ibuorofen. Finally fell asleep but woke up around 2am drenched in sweat like I'd broke a fever. What a miserable night. I know one thing, I'll never get that many vaccinations at one time again, and will keep them isolated to one arm. I seem fine this morning other than tired.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old September 18th, 2024 | 08:02 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Ouch. You're trending in a positive direction. Some folks develop a hard knot (from Tetanus) just under the skin which can last several days up to one week. Reminds me of my indoctrination into the military during basic training. They use this pneumatic chisel to deliver your immunizations. A single line of ~100 swinging dicks walking between two medical staff each holding a pneumatic chisel. When it was your turn the guy on each side of you hit the magic button and pow - in less than one second you had 7 or 8 vaccines delivered - 3 or 4 into each arm. I think we did this twice about one month apart or something. I'm a walking immunization monkey w/ two International immunization cards almost filled up - maybe 17 various immunizations for International travel?

Almost all cabinets cleaned & installed. More or less in cleanup mode now. I'll install new drawer bottom lining in each drawer as time moves forward while searching for a top mount center monorail track/runner/slider.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 08:18 AM

Almost all cabinets cleaned & installed. More or less in cleanup mode now. I'll install new drawer bottom lining in each drawer as time moves forward while searching for a top mount center monorail track/runner/slider.
Norm - Especially after last night, your story about all your immunizations made me cringe!
Glad you're already close to having your kitchen back together, man you are a doer! 👍
I'm taking a short water break right now from the garage, detailing the car for multiple shows this weekend, including our local Old's Club's All Oldsmobile Show. Weather is not looking cooperative right now, but I need to have the car ready if it does.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 08:40 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Thanks. Break over. This is boring stuff now.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 10:14 AM

Finished the polyurethane yesterday morning. I was too beat to do much last night other than some proofing on the H/OCA newsletter. There's a lot of bumps in the poly, the boards are the exact same color, sheen, and quality of finish of the originals, which means they look ok from 3 feet and they are strong, which is what I want. I'm an engineer, not a cabinet maker.

This morning, I moved the finished wood into the house and cleaned out the garage. Lots of stuff on the back porch, but that garage needs to be more for parking now. That Tahoe needs to get mobile and get into the other garage.

Last edited by Koda; September 18th, 2024 at 10:17 AM.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 10:47 AM
Running On Empty

John - The ONLY way to remove the bumps is w/ a sandy between EVERY application. They look great. As stated you're not a cabinet maker. Nice work.
Old September 18th, 2024 | 11:19 AM
Running On Empty

Appliance man (Mr. Willis) provided a clean bill of health for refrigerator. No issues. Simple condensation from evaporator/condenser (blue/green) - good-to-go, no worries. Reduced service call rate, $45. He was in/out in 15'. I sleep better at night.