The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Running On Empty

I still shot a $HITTY game of golf today. Another 41/42 - I can't seem to get under 80 & remain under 80 - I'm getting there though, I need to convince myself I can do this!
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:10 PM

Norm, It's not spose to be "historically correct:. It's jes what people say when they are playing "African Dominoes"

I completely understand your frustration.

I started out with 5 pars straight [ til I found my game]
Old August 12th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by jamesbo
...til i found my game...
lol
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Always room for one more

Not being a golfer or a dice player, still lost. But I defer to you Jamesbo, I wouldn't doubt you.

I think I spent the shortest time at the cruise that I ever have. Less than slim pickin's tonight, nothing to write home about, so I left after one time around. Went to the shop and picked up my Mom's car and brought it home so it's ready for tomorrow. I swear, I get stuck in that g/d facebook trap every time I think I need to do something. I have about 5 friends who post and it still takes me a frickin' hour to get through the latest postings. I could have had the car smogged and registered with plenty of time for Summit. Nope, I had to see what everyone had for lunch and then look at why Trump is this or is that, someone's mother is in heaven and they miss her, forward if I love Jesus, share this joke or picture, it doesn't end. Eh, I got all week.

I think I'm done looking for wheels for the dogmobile. Wrote to American Racing and they the wheel I want isn't available for my vehicle. Everything else looks dumb. So I'll wire the hubcaps on and be done with it.

Okay under 6 hours of sleeping now, don't want it to be under 5 1/2. Planning on overtime tomorrow. Good night everyone.
Old August 13th, 2019, 04:58 AM

Hello all, drove the Cutlass about 250 miles down to a small town west of Lansing, then over to Lowell and back. We went to meet with my step mom for her birthday then went to Lowell to see my nieces house there. It was a nice day and had the top down the whole trip. A good day. I do notice that top-down traveling gets a little more tiring than it used to- lots of wind. Anyway car did great. I checked oil before we left and found it 1 quart low. Then I checked my notebook and found I haven't changed oil in almost 5000 miles! I am now in the process of changing oil,etc. Also fixed a reverse light that was out-small stuff. I found out yesterday that the 4 way flasher button wont stay in when pushed and the key in ignition buzzer says buzzing even when key is out. I'm going to check in to those little problems but I really don't want to pull the wheel now. Getting ready for the Old 27 Motor Tour. I have put the digital camera in the car and promise to take some pics of it this year and post them. Have a good one all!!
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:13 AM

HOT down here,

I think I'll do nothing and then rest

Have a great day Olds friends

Edit, Had to go get sum front wheel bearings for my Zero turn, May wait for cooler weather to mess with
Old August 13th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Hot it is. The temp thing in the car said 102* . I don't realize how cold I am inside work until I walk out and it's bright sunshine and 90+ degrees. I get up and walk down the hall once in a while so I can see out the roll up door.

So funny thing about that car with the temp information. I've been paying insurance on it since February yet the state has no record of it. I went to register it today and she says sorry, I need an insurance binder. I said, it's had insurance for months. Sorry. So I called my agent about a quarter to 5, and wouldn't you know they were so busy they couldn't answer the phone. At least the important part is done, the title is switched and everything is paid up.

Greg many years ago the buzzer in my 70 acted like yours, buzzed with no key in the switch, so I pulled out a connector that went into the bottom of some relay on the left fender. It vibrated when the buzzer was on, so I just chose a wire and pulled it. The buzzer stopped and everything else still worked, so I called it a day. I didn't even think to take the steering wheel off.

I wish Glenn and Marc would come back.

Time for bed. Slept good last night, wouldn't mind a repeat performance. Did overtime today and will do it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old August 13th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Oh no, not again...

I'm still around, - just haven't had much to contribute.
Work has been a colossal four letter expletive, and I've been waiting for parts for some watch projects.
I did get a chance to take my blue Wildcat out, it's running "okay", but I can sure feel that it's getting old and it will want some serious work "soon", as all the beginning signs are there. It could also just be the Electra has spoiled me, considering that it is mechanically completely refurbished and runs like a modern car. I'm going to take the Wildcat out for a short cruise tonight, see if driving it "loosens" things up. It'll only be the 3rd time it's been out this year.
Wonder if the gas has anything to do with it; - it has a stabilizer in it, but it's still not right. It's running hot. I guess I'll see what it's like once I burn that tank off and top it up with new fuel. I think the gas is close to 2 years old in it.
At any rate, - I'm still around, and still quietly searching for the elusive Starfire; although that gorgeous original 59 Olds 98 in Quebec has me sorely tempted; but I'd have to get rid of the Wildcat first.

Have a great evening!
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:59 AM

40/45 [found my game on the back side]
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Running On Empty

45/43 Holy Snot Rockets. It was blistering hot & oppressive outdoors - nearly 96% humidity w/ a temperature of 92*F.
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I think I'll do nothing and then rest
I need to remember that one - that's classic!

Had to go get sum front wheel bearings for my Zero turn
For my future reference, what are the symptoms of the front wheel bearings going South? Are you referring to the actual wheel bearings? What are the thingies called on top of each of the front wheels which spin 360*? Are there bearings in those thingies? I don't have any issues, but just curious.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; August 14th, 2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: sp
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:52 PM

Norm, What I call the wheel bearings on a zero turn are the bearing on top of the wheels where the top of the U shaped wheel housing shaft goes into the frame. When ya look at the wheel and it list iThey are going Tango uniform

I guess "Wheel Bearing " aint the right term
Old August 14th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Running On Empty

James - OK. That's cool. I know what you're referring to now. I was suspect as to whether you were referring to that top U-Shaped wheel housing shaft which goes into the frame. Mine are still free-wheeling like a tilt-a-whirl, yours must be binding some perhaps? I'll look at mine later on, I thought maybe I had a grease zirt on them but maybe not?
Old August 14th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Running On Empty

James - I had to look up the name(s): Caster wheel yoke spindle bearing. My JD ZTR Z225...each bearing is $10.00
Old August 14th, 2019, 02:21 PM

Well, there ya go
Old August 14th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Long day at work. All of a sudden driving home I couldn't keep my eyes open. Could be because I was in the 65* building all day then went outside to 95* plus and didn't run the AC on the way home. Had to run in to see the insurance guy, that wasn't fun, now I'm ready for bed. Tomorrow is the last day for awhile, my friend is coming in tomorrow evening.

Marc glad you're still kickin' . Haven't had a history lesson in awhile, I may need to learn something. Why didn't I find that stuff interesting in school?

And that's it for me. My mind is blank. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old August 14th, 2019, 09:40 PM

I see that the Bullit mustang is headed to auction next year. https://autoweek.com/article/classic...=hero-readmore
Old August 15th, 2019, 06:35 AM

mawn'in

A friend of mine once said, " I was playing golf the other day and I heard someone scream PHUQUE It's the seond worst thing I've ever heard on a golf course"

so, I bit and said "What's the worst"

He replied "A woman's voice"

Norm the ladies have the whole course thiis morning with a shot gun start

Mighty inconsiderate of them if ya ax me

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 15th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Running On Empty

Norm the ladies have the whole course thiis morning with a shot gun start
Tournament I suspect. Oppressive heat today....going to take a day off from golf.
Old August 15th, 2019, 09:31 AM

Good Norm, Come on ovwer and help me put up some new flashing over my new facia board
I'll hold the ladder fer ya
Old August 15th, 2019, 07:43 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Long, long day. Got up at 2, worked until the end, came home and went to the tag office to finally finish up all my paperwork, then went back to the airport to pick up my friend. Now I'm hitting the sack.

So my friend flew in and is going to stay until Thursday. We've got a few things we want to do but we'll see. It's supposed to be nice(and hot) the whole weekend. So good to see him.

Dan I said when that car first surfaced, it will be for sale before long. I'm surprised it took this long. At first I thought, the guy's a sell out, a money grabber, but really what choice does he have. At this point how much is the insurance going to be to protect it, where is he going to keep it, back in the barn in Tennessee? What do you think it will bring, a million bucks? Will he get to keep it all, or will he have to pay money back to Ford and the Good Wood people in England for showing it and hauling all over?

Well I get to sleep in tomorrow, as long as Tiger will let me. He took a liking to our houseguest, so I'm not so worried about him. We brought dog burgers from Awful house to bribe him. Friday tomorrow, hope everyone is doing well.
Old August 16th, 2019, 04:32 AM

Headed norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old August 16th, 2019, 04:45 AM

Mike, I saw a news article on TV about someone who sells surplus stuff out of airliners from Delta at Atlanta. Also advertising stuff and signs, etc. One guy bought a entire airplane lavoratory and put it in his basement or garage or something! Kinda weird...
It.s all good here, I hope you all are doing well.
Old August 16th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day with the Aussie. We really didn't do too much. Went to Awful house, kind of puttered around awhile, drove up to my favorite pizza place. He loved it which made it even more worth it. Tomorrow we're going to the junkyard, and then to Senoia, GA, which is where they film The Walking Dead. Sandy would be proud.

Greg we have a big museum and they sell surplus parts and Tshirts and pictures and whatnot to raise money for the museum. I haven't ever been to the sale, but they have some interesting stuff. Like drink carts. Lots of seats. Old dishes. I don't know if I'd want a lav, they're pretty small.

Gonna hit the sack soon. Slept in fairly late this morning, almost 8oclock. Have a good night everyone.
Old August 16th, 2019, 09:49 PM

Mike, I would assume that after the auction fees, and a nominal fee to our government, the rest of the money is his. I can't see where Ford or the folks from Goodwood, would try to collect anything from him. Can't really say for Goodwood, but for Ford, it was more promotion for the company, as they had it at their display at the N.A.I.A.S. along with a new Bullit edition Mustang.
Old August 17th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another full day, even though we didn't really do anything. Started out at Awful house, then went to the junkyard. Also was hearing a noise from the car so we ran it up on ramps and had a look. Some exhaust ring has rusted and is clanking around. I don't hear it when the radio is on.

Today is my Mom's birthday. Just talked to her for a little bit. It's also the day I got my boy and girl ten years ago. Seems like it would be longer. But I remember it so clearly.

Quiet here the weekend must be agreeing with everyone.

Well see ya. Have a good evening, gonna hit the sack soon, Delta museum and Senoia tomorrow.
Old August 18th, 2019, 05:00 AM

Hi guys, it's a nice quiet Sunday morning here. Going to leave for the US 27 Motor Tour on Tuesday, Car is all ready and digital camera is in it. I promise to post some pics this time. I have been vegging out mostly since Wednesday when I took a spill on my Quad. Old enough to know better-not! Anyway just sore. I am at the stage of hanging up posters,pictures,etc in my shop and putting things in their proper place after the move, but my shoulder was yelling at me so I need to not do anything but rest until we leave on the tour. Things don't heal as well when you're older... Have a good one guys!
Old August 18th, 2019, 12:33 PM

Sent the weekend at my mountain lake house with 3 hard body bikini clad young ladies

UN Fortunately

1] One was my wife's niece and the others her friends

2] I know I have 3 pair of boots Older than this crew

3] wife was with me
Old August 18th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Great day today at the Delta museum and in Senoia. I hadn't been to the museum for a couple years, it was really nice to be there. I don't think my friend appreciated it as much as he thought he would, but he was gracious and listened to me ramble on about all things Delta. I think he had a good time, though. We went out to see the 747 and spent a bit of time on it.

Then we went to Senoia, where they film The Walking Dead. He got chased away from the main entrance of the set for trying to take pictures, so we went around on another street and he got some pretty close up pictures. He was pretty excited. Then we went to the gift shop and he got some things. I had totally forgotten that they do tours, I wish we could have taken one.

Then off to Outback for dinner. It was totally lost on the server that there was an actual Australian there. Tomorrow is Jack Daniels Distillery. That should be a good time.

Greg I hope you don't have any latent injuries that will show up later.

Time for bed I'm beat. Tomorrow will be a long day. Hope we make it back in time for Summit, but I'm not going to push it. Have a good night everyone.
Old August 19th, 2019, 09:10 AM

46/42
Old August 19th, 2019, 02:12 PM
Running On Empty

39/43
Old August 19th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good time at the Jack Daniel's Distillery today. A few things similar to when I was there years ago and a few things different. The tour we took today included a taste tests of 5 different whiskey's. I'm not a Jack drinker so they all tasted like gasoline to me. My friend really enjoyed himself. I did too. Seemed like a long day. We didn't leave early, we didn't get home late, but it was about 7 hours of driving all together. Glad to be home.

This is our last night, his flight leaves around noon tomorrow. It's been fun having a buddy to hang out with and talk to. Tiger has had a blast. Back to normal tomorrow.

Well it's lights out early. I'm beat. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old August 20th, 2019, 07:27 AM

Mike, Betcha didn't know I'm a Tennessee Squire

http://jackdanielsbottles.com/distil...e-association/
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well my friend is ready to wing his way back to Los Angeles, for two more days in the States and then back home. I think he's actually homesick. It's been great to hang out with him and I'm grateful he took time out of his vacation to come see me.

Jamesbo that's pretty clever. Where is your one inch plot of land? Do they still do that? When I was there years ago at the end of the tour you got lemonade, at a big bar that had been in the White Rabbit Saloon. The bar wasn't there yesterday and I asked about it. No one knew what I was talking about. After a couple phone calls a girl said yes they still have it, it's in storage. Hm. These days you get your lemonade from a little cart set up in the corner.

Tons to do now to get the place back to normal and to get ready for work tomorrow. Seems like I haven't been to work in a long time. Nice here, overcast but warm. Rain is supposed to come in this afternoon but so far no signs of it. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:07 AM

Mike, I have mo idea, Sum where up in dem hills.I get a really clever letter every now and again where sum one is axing for permission to coon hunt across my vast holdings
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Running On Empty

39/42

Each year Indian Motorcycle Inc. has had a Jack Daniels BBQ/Tour/Ride since Polaris bought Indian (2011). I've attended 3 or 4. I am not attending this year. It's all fun & well, fantastic spread of excellent BBQ & fixings, but after several attendances I can't muster up the ambition to ride in this heat for BBQ. It's a 700 mile ride from my place & I generally stay in the Smoky's after the first day's ride - which is the nicest part of the ride.
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:57 AM

Tar Baby

Bess

and Jack Black [from Mill Pond plantation]

Were 3 of my Black labs
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:39 PM
Running On Empty

My last dog I named Jake Alexander Boulevard (a lab mix) after the location where I adopted him (Salisbury, NC).

Old August 20th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Always room for one more

Norm did you take this exit to go to where your dog was, or did you get him right there at the exit? If I die before I wake, feed Jake.

My dog is named after The Brady Bunch.
Old August 20th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I resided in Salisbury for two years prior to my current residence of Beaufort, NC. The folks I adopted him from resided on Jake Alexander Boulevard. I thought it was a fitting and noteworthy name. It kind of reminded me of the bloodhound name Beauregard Burnside III from the Garfield Goose and Friends children's television show (Frazier Thomas) produced by WGN-TV in Chicago. I was raised in & around Chicago (as Mike knows & some of you know), so many of you may never have seen Garfield Goose.