The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone. WTH??? Mawnin werm?

Still bushed from all de work yesterday. Spoda get up to 60 s again today. The Red Bull crashed ice comp had to be shut down yesterday afternoon in the qualifiers cause the track started melting. So it's delayed a bit. The main event goes today but I'm thinking they'll have the same problem.

Dan, wicked cool present. Sounds like he also found a supermodel.

Ford World curling from Sapporo is on for the next week. Canada vs Finland this mawnin. Recorded it because of the time change. Getting with it now.

Enjoy your day.
Old March 14th, 2015, 12:06 PM

Glad he didn't get any Depends fer his berfday
Old March 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - depends on what kind of friends he has
I'm sure Dan has him covered but I'm starting to question his blatant use of "Official Senior" at only 55 years??? I always figgered ya needed to be past 60 or 65 ta earn dat status?
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:24 PM

Glad he didn't get any Depends fer his berfday
Damn! I didn't think of that.
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:26 PM

I always figgered ya needed to be past 60 or 65 ta earn dat status?
Don't worry Allan, I don't consider myself a senior, though I'm 58.
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:30 PM

Speaking of finding things difficult, I bought a set of wiper blades for my Saturn, the Bosch brand, now mind you, I have put Michelin, Rain-X, and NAPA blades on this car before, but in my 40 years of driving, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get these damn things on!
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice ride to Florida yesterday, and beautiful weather. We haven't done a derned thing today, but enjoy each other's company. My sister and her husband left a little while ago to drive back to Jacksonville. She has to fly out to Houston tomorrow. Lucky her.

Tomorrow I'm going to help my niece's husband tear down an old gazebo. That will probably translate into me doing most of the work and him watching. He's a nice guy, but doesn't have a lot of motivation when it comes to landscaping or home maintenance. Eh, I don't mind helping keep the place nice since my Mom is here.

Just read that Top Gear is kaput. Clarkson popped one of the producers and was suspended, now says he quits and the BBC has ended the show. I hope what I read wasn't reliable; I'd hate to see that show go off. I like all three of those guys.

Going to get some pizza to bring home for our supper. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Speaking of finding things difficult, I bought a set of wiper blades for my Saturn, the Bosch brand, now mind you, I have put Michelin, Rain-X, and NAPA blades on this car before, but in my 40 years of driving, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get these damn things on!
They probably use an adaptor on the arm. I like the Michelin Stealth blades. They were a breeze to snap in and work like a charm.

Mike - sounds like a nice visit, sort of. I'm guessing pizza is one of your favorite (staple) food groups?
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, here's a Bosch vid that shows how to. Hope it helps

Old March 15th, 2015, 05:17 AM

Good morning everyone!

How did I manage to get the worm?

Well after a day of rain and freezing rain yesterday we finally got more of the white stuff. I haven't looked out yet, but I've heard the plow go by already.

I just recently started actually watching Top Gear more than just a clip here and there online. Hopefully the show will still be around next year either with or without Clarkson.

Dan, sounds like you had some fun with the gift for your friend.

Have a good day everyone.
Old March 15th, 2015, 05:43 AM

Thanks Allan, There are several adapters, which I had no luck with, I'll try again this afternoon, after watching the video.
Old March 15th, 2015, 06:56 AM

Nice warm day in de mountains

Allan, I take it curling has a season and when it gets to warm y'all jes go swimming on what used to be de ice

Enjpy de weekend Olds friends
Old March 15th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Well back to normal now. It's -1 and only a high of 3 today. THIS would have been the day to have the Red Bull Crashed Ice competition. Last night when they ran the finals it was still 11 and windy to beat the band. A earl house shaker!

Tonight is the last game of finals in my curling #1 league. No surprises in store. We should win today, but too little too late for any of the top spots. Oh well, at least we'll enjoy a couple pitchers o brew to finish the season. Ice will come out for 3 weeks so the annual maintenance can be done, then in it goes in time for the summer camps and leagues.

Paul, it works like that on weekends. Fried, poached or grilled?

Dan, I know what you mean. I've bought those with all the flipping adapters and getting the right on and putting it on the car wasn't the 5 second job they make it out to be. The Michelins were the easiest to install.

Jim, you got curling mixed up wit crashed ice. Curling is indoors and climate controlled. Crashed ice is like a bobsled run using just skates, and it's an outside thing because of the size of the course. IMO the peeps that run it have ice water running through their veins. It's nuts!

Mike, seems like you get maintenance chores even on hollerdays. EnJoy the time with your Mom.

Canada is doing well so far in the Ford World curling in Sapporo. Looks like they've figured out what they were deficient on yesterday.

Enjoy your day.
Old March 15th, 2015, 07:50 AM

BTW double nickles ain't even close to senior
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Si señor Senior !
Old March 15th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Fer you Jim

Old March 15th, 2015, 02:28 PM

BTW double nickles ain't even close to senior
Try telling that to the AARP, they started sending me crap when I was 35, I wrote on one of their applications to "try again in 20 years", and mailed it back, they waited about 10, and it hasn't stopped. Oh well.
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:07 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Busy weekend, between work and other stuff, it blew by way to fast. Got to spend the afternoon today with our pooch and his new group of 8 friends. All the dogs seem to get along great and each was taking turns playing with us. I keep trying to think of this as not giving up our dog but gaining 8 more.

Dan - that was a really thoughtful gift on your part.... Sounds like something I would do as well.

I just bought wiper blades at Costco for my cars. They stock Goodyear, which is American made. They work well unless your windshield is heavily curved.
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

I typed a nice long post last night, and it didn't post. I was mad...... I haven't been on in like forever. Glad to hear everyone is surviving and enjoying the thaw!

Had a nice day here today. Cloudy in the morning but sunny in the afternoon. Temps around 48. Nice to see these 8' snow banks melting! Still a thick layer of ice underneath them. Loving the extra hour of daylight!!

Nicole was home this weekend. She took us for breakfast this morning, actually for Larry's birthday which was last Sunday, but she couldn't make it then. It was nice to see her the few minutes I got, lol. She was visiting her friends too. She headed back around 8 tonight. Guess her and Jon are doing ok, she said he's not getting moody as often as he was. I don't know. His birthday is on Easter.

Larry and I went to work today and Larry put my new desk together! And my new chair! It looks soooo nice in there. Actual office furniture!! I'm not asking to be reimbursed for it, it's mine. I'll take it when I leave. It cost $320. It's black and L shaped. I'm sure Brian will find fault tomorrow with it. It's going to be so strange without Clay in there.

I was a 'person of excellence' as Joel would say, and I put staples in the real McCoy's new stapler, paperclips in his new holder, tape in his new dispenser, ink pens in his new holder, I put post it notes and a tablet on his table, and I vacuumed under the table when I moved all my stuff out from under it. I call him the real McCoy, since that's his last name, lol. Now we have 2 Steve's.

Clay and I call his new office the Cave. It's depressing over there. Just a small square box of an office. You have to go in from the ally out behind the unit and go through the cold garage area to get in there. Had the wiring guys out on Thursday to run wires over there through the ceiling, so his phone, computer and printer/fax should all be working.

Clay was in Houston 2 days last week. When he got back, he told us that he's going back to Houston probably in June when his youngest daughter gets out of school. He will be working right under our owner, not doing a lot of sales there, but other work. Of course Steve and Brian were only concerned with having to now hire another person and get them trained. The real McCoy won't be fully trained yet by the time Steve retires. Brian is going to be the new manager, of course. He's already so stressed out.... he is not manager material. So I don't really know how long I'll last in to next year after Steve leaves. It will be better for me the next 9 months anyhow, being up in Clay's old office. I am not going to miss being in there with the **** one at all!!!! He was grumpy all last week cause he has a cold. Then Clay dumped his news on him. I loved it!

I told Brian and Steve a couple weeks ago that I wanted to bring in a desk when Clay left, and Brian piped up that "his thought was that we could worry about furniture when we got the remodel done". I'd have loved to tell him what my thoughts were! Instead I lied and said that Larry had a couple desks in storage at the shop and I was going to use one of them so I don't cost the company any money. Well that was all well and good in that case. A$$! I did tell him last week that I ended up buying a desk, that the ones in storage were wrecked from all the humidity and grinding crap. He said I could have held off. Yeah, like I wanted to wait another 7 months or so. It's not his shoulders that have ached for 6 years, and he loves to put things off. So if I own the desk, he can't control it!!!

He asked me to leave the fan that he bought, in the room, in case they need it. I said that's fine with me. I didn't have a problem with my old fan, he did!

My God it was 80* in there already on Friday! I had the fan on all day. At least it's 3 degrees cooler in Clay's area. Tomorrow it's supposed to be like 63* here, so I'm wearing short sleeves. I know I'll be roasting.

I have a lot of arranging to do with my stuff in there yet. Clay left his bulletin board on the wall, but I don't know if I'll use it or not. I want to buy a little black book case I saw at Wal Mart. It's only $18.00 and will look nice in there. Larry hated those stacks of boxes in there! Said they look terrible. I agreed! But the **** one won't get rid of anything. He's a hoarder. That would be change and we can't have that!! I don't know what he will want to do with my old chair. It's still nice. I pushed it out to my new area, loaded with stuff.

So tomorrow will be interesting. Steve took off this week, can't believe he did with the real McCoy starting! Don't know how the **** one plans on getting some of Steve's quotes over to Clay since Clay isn't in there anymore. Clay said he won't come back over to our office again. Can't say I blame him, the way they've treated him. It's going to be stressful this week. I'm anxious to see how the real McCoy is going to fit in, Clay said he thinks he's a 'yes' man, lol. That will make the **** one happy.

Ok, so anyhow, will someone please tell me what kind/color of black paint I need to get for Teepos air cleaner so I can get it done? Please!!!!! Does Eastwood have it?

Clint.... what'd ya think of the Dead tonight? Only 2 episodes left already.

Well you all have a nice night and I'll get on sometime tomorrow!
Old March 16th, 2015, 04:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be beautimus

WTF is Clint,

Sandy, I'd help ya wit de air cleaner cover but 69's are kinda a red orange

I was gonna go smack whitey around but I thnk I'll curl instead [yeah right]
Old March 16th, 2015, 05:56 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, in the words of William Thomas Jr. "Here I is" Almost 80 yesterday and I have the burned cranium to prove it. Spose to be upper 70's today then back down to the 50-60's for a while.

Sandy. That was fun to watch. Bummer that Noah bought it. Wonder whats gonna happen with the Rev. I knew it wouldn't last long. Hope the new desk works well for you.

Allan He wanted something cheap on the car to get it drivable. He is installing a body kit with rear exhaust cut outs and he wants to get that installed and then have a better sounding system put on.

Have a Monday all.
Old March 16th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Yeehaw! We won the last game fairly easily. The other team didn't play by the rules but we still prevailed. Summertime goodbyes to the other teams was a good time, and the beer was cold and flowed free! My brother came to the last game to see what he'd missed all season. I drove him home after.

Sandy, black is black. You want 'satin' aka 'semi gloss'.

Jim, have fun whackin whitey. I thought about smackin some rocks yesterday but didn't. Draw were fantastic though on freshly manicured ice.

Clint, whatever floats his boat.

Dan, cool beans! Sounds like you had fun. How does she manage with that many pups? Must have a large yard, bulk buy food and a giant pooper scooper.

Time to catch up on the events at Sapporo. Sad news for you guys. USA is still looking for its first win.

Enjoy your day.
Old March 16th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got home around 1230 last night. I enjoyed visiting my Mom but it's awkward sometimes since she lives with my niece and her family. My sister says it's only temporary(it's been a year so far), I hope so but don't see it.

Got a couple errands to do then I'll go get the dogs. Looks like a nice day out, a little cool so far but I haven't seen a weather report.

Sandy when I painted under the hood of my green Cutlass years ago I went to NAPA and got Martin Seynor(sp?) "Black." It was a perfect match. You could go to Summit and get their generic chassis black, it's a nice color but might not match exactly.

Got an email that said my return flight from Sydney is ready to check in. Really?

Guess I'll get moving. Have a good day everyone.
Old March 16th, 2015, 08:33 AM

Dan, cool beans! Sounds like you had fun. How does she manage with that many pups? Must have a large yard, bulk buy food and a giant pooper scooper.
Uh, what?
Old March 16th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Uh, yeah.....I goofed. Meant to address that to Darrell. Sorry Dan.
Old March 16th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Afternoon All,

Nice and sunny in Fort Myers and 89 degrees . Off to NO tomorrow. All that I need know are the Olds down here with me.

Ted
Old March 16th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Always room for one more

And now I'm a happy boy! Got my dogs finally, after running around this morning. They are sure glad to be home. We're gonna go do some yardwork and we've got pork chops for dinner. It's 80 and sunny. Life is good!
Old March 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Had a nice day today. Sun and clouds in the morning, all clouds and some light rain this afternoon, temps at 65*!!! Colder tomorrow though.

So nice to see the flowers coming up finally! Gives a person some hope.

I liked my new desk and chair today! I was shocked..... when I went in this morning, the **** one came out and said what a nice looking desk it was, then threw in "I was thinking.... I want you to give me the receipt and we'll have the company reimburse you. If Art found out that you were buying office furniture and not the company, he might frown on that." I thought, Really Brian? 2 weeks ago you told me I should hold off. I don't know if I will or not. If the company owns it, I don't have any say over it and he could tell me to move it or something. He is a control freak after all. It was a mess today with Clay in that other building. Running back and forth. Only Brian in our office and the real McCoy just starting. I don't like this guys voice at all. Rubs me the wrong way. He is nice enough. Him and Brian are both smokers, so they went outside alot together. I think they need to split that up so one is always in the office. Clay was mad because the guys in the unit where he's at are very loud! Plus they were moving crates out of the garage part with a towmotor and were whistling and singing and all sorts of crap! Oh boy..... And his printer/scanner/ copier isn't working, so he was printing things in our office and I'd have to take them over. Not a good day.

Then I find out that Dane died - he was Linda's significant other in Michigan. He had been battling that multiple mylenoma cancer since 2008 or 2009. Cancer of the bone marrow. Very painful. I called and talked to him in July and he said he was on his 4th bout of chemo treatments. His lasted a long time. I texted him in February and we chatted awhile. He had just got married on Dec. 5th, so he's leaving a new wife and step daughter. I talked to his cousin on Saturday, and he said that Dane went to the hospital on Wednesday cause he hurt all over and was having trouble breathing. They had to put him under for some reason, to do an MRI and a CT scan. He never woke back up. They found he had 4 broken ribs, his spine was deteriorated, and he had an infection in his blood. He was only 50. At least he's out of the horrible pain.

So I'm trying to figure out how to get up to the calling hours or the funeral. The calling hours are on Thursday from 3-9 and the funeral is Friday at 11:00. I could take a half a day Thurs., drive up, go to the calling hours and drive home, or go up Thursday night after work, go to the funeral, and leave Friday. But I really don't want to drive 4 hours by myself with my heart being fluttery again. I don't know. Larry really didn't like him, so I don't want him to go. Tina said her and Bobbi and Linda are going to go Thursday, so there's no one to go with me. But I know I'll kick my butt if I don't go and say goodbye. He was in the family for over 20 years and was good to Nicole and I. I guess I'll figure it out.

I went to a Mexican restaurant in Rootstown tonight after work for a cruiser get together. Got to see my Ravenna friends. Was there until 8 and came home. It was nice. Put the heating pad on my back when I got home and haven't moved off the couch, lol. Don't know what I did getting out of Tincanio on the ice 2 weeks ago, but it still hurts!! I'm movin pretty slow these days.

I have my 3rd surgery scheduled for the 31st. I sure hope I'm done after that. Just mailed the clinic $3652.00, my part after insurance. I still have over $2000 to go to meet the $4000 out of pocket where they pay 100%. I'm sure I'll get there!!

Well I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Talk to ya later.
Old March 16th, 2015, 09:00 PM

Uh, yeah.....I goofed. Meant to address that to Darrell. Sorry Dan
I figured as much, as I went back through the threads after I posted.
Old March 17th, 2015, 04:41 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

80+ yesterday. Sure can get used to that.

Not much goin on, so have a Tuesday.
Old March 17th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sun coming up and it's warming up a little. Hope to be a copy of yesterday. Not quite 80 but beautiful nonetheless. So nice to have the puppies home.

Sandy I'm sure sorry about your friend(bro-in-law?). Such a hateful disease. I wouldn't let The **** One pay you for the desk. Like you said, he will try to control it. Or take it away from you if yours is better than his.

Hm gonna try to see Robert at the Awful house today. He's usually gone by 830. Got a couple things to do this morning. See you all later.
Old March 17th, 2015, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Boy it's gonna be anuter beautimus day down ere

Tater plant'in time
Old March 17th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning
Good day to be alive.
Enjoy your day
Old March 17th, 2015, 07:44 AM

We were about 60° yesterday, gonna be 40's for highs for about the next week. Allan, you ok?
Old March 17th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Hi, Folks. Unfortunately, we learned yesterday it was Wayne who perished in the chopper crash last week. What a tragedy. Prayers from all Oldsmofriends in order! Thanks.
Old March 17th, 2015, 08:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear that John, a couple of them were from Michigan, though I did not know of them personally.
Old March 17th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Always room for one more

Oh John that sucks. Prayers for his family and also your church family.
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, prayers sent on the wings of angels. Thoughts and condolences to the family and friends.
Old March 18th, 2015, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sorry John.

Spose to be rain snow today and tonight. Then warm up again tomorrow.

Have a Humpday all.
Old March 18th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Another beautiful morning. I heard there might be rain this afternoon. Might as well be. Nice day yesterday, up to about 80.

Got the battery charged up in the Cadillac and took it over to the shop. At some point I'm going to do valve cover gaskets. Also charged the battery in the Saturn. Question for those in the know. Why does the Optima battery need a different charger than a regular battery? I used my same old charger on my Optima. My feeling is, both charge the same way in the car, why can't they charge the same way on a charger? I've done this before and it seems to work fine. What am I missing?

Gonna take in the junkyard today. This will be the debut ride for the Dodge van on the highway. It drives nice around town.

So have a good day everyone. It's Hump Day!