The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Blue..... you just make me laugh!

Morning All!

A little cloudy this morning, humid again, calling for rain. Temps only around 70 today. Cold front is trying to come through. That's all we've had this year, lol.

Today is Nicole's first day on the new job! Keep your fingers crossed. She was sooo nervous this morning. She said she is going to be doing vet tech type things. I told her not to be afraid to tell the vet that she hasn't done something before or whatever. Better to be honest than to lie and have something screw up. I hope she does well. I'm nervous for her.

Still quiet and slow in here. Clay and Steve were back yesterday. They said the owner wants more sales. That was the purpose of the meeting. He wants Clay to handle North Dakota now too... he already does Wisconsin and Minnesota. So Clay is gonna fly out there in the next few weeks and look for prospects. The owner also told them to hire a new inside sales person. Clay said Steve piped up and said "but we'll have to find a bigger office space"! We need one!!!! Steve and Brian are so resistant to change it's unbelievable! They'd sit in this little hole of an office surrounded by all these boxes forever if it meant they didn't have to do anything to improve the situation.

If we ever do get to another place, I'm sitting out front! I am not sharing another space with Brian! He's been on the phone for 40 minutes (I'm looking at the clock on his phone) with a girl up in NY who hasn't been in the loop about Tyler's accident, him going to Cinci on Saturday to bring the car home, how tired he was from that, the problems with the car that the body didn't fix, how he has to take it to places around here now to get it fixed better..... yadda yadda yadda! I'm ready to scream!! Worse than any woman I've ever been around!

Jamesbo..... I picked 2 big red tomatoes last night and a green pepper! I pulled weeds out there for hours. I picked a bunch of cherry maters. Brought Clay some and Steve some. That huge vine that took over my lily bed has pumpkins on it! There are 3 of them. I thought there would be more from the size of that vine. I'll have to take another pic and you can see how big that sucker got! I hope these are the cute light orange and white striped pumpkins that I sit over there on the bricks in the fall for decoration. I don't know. They're just green right now. One is really big! So it wasn't a squash or a zuchinni plant.

Well you all have a good day. I gotta get busy doing something.... besides playing Candy Crush on my phone!
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:57 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, I've had a few Solsti come thru the shop, but none seem to be a GTP. I assume you are talking about the coupe? If you do get one I recommend the 2010 model since there were only 20 made.
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:06 AM

Sorry Clint FAT fingers GTP as in turpo wit more pony power
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all...

Copy & paste from Monday... and keep it on the clipboard for Wednesday, but add 10% more chance to Elsie's making her big, bovine appearance.

Aunt still in hospital. Not doing horribly, but not good, either. I'm not sure what's going to happen. I think when you're 93, the medical establishment writes you off, even if just subconsciously. She was healthy as the average 75- or 80-Y.O. when she got in that place; but the therapists, doctors, & nurses see her age and pretty much surmise that she's toast. It's an uphill battle for us all to keep her motivated, and to keep the staff motivated. I think the doctors are the worst. The direct attention she receives from her PCP is disgraceful. Strictly a formality.

Great news, Sandy! And great pic's. BTW, which one is you and which one is Emaline?

Blue, beautiful Goat. Wasn't the first Endura bumper an option on the '68s (along w/ hideaway headlights)? I had a '68 that had the plastic bumper fascia -- but not the peekaboo lights.
Originally Posted by Bluevista
The GTO does have the first body color keyed front bumper made of plastic.
Y'all have a great day, Oldsmobuddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 13th, 2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Registered

I'll plan on coming down with Sandy and Larry since you so graciously invited me to go along with them Jamesbo.
Have room for Redgoat too Sandy??

Are we flying or taking Tincanio?
My dogs will love staying at your place too Jamesbo, I just told them and they can't wait.

The endura bumper was standard on the '68 GTO's. Hideaway headlights and the rare chrome bumper were options John.
Clueless people at shows and cruises say my car isn't a real GTO because it doesn't have hideaways.

Last edited by Bluevista; August 13th, 2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Jamesbo did you want to meet downtown today? Sorry bout that, I just woke up. Bit of a long day yesterday.

John that's too bad your Aunt can't get good care at the hospital. Perhaps she just needs to go home. Yes I know it would be a burden to your other aunts. Maybe her doctor just needs a little, persuasion.

Clint that's a lot of rain. That would be like pouring a bucket out almost.

Hope Nicole does well today, Sandy. I think it would be fun working at a vet, but you'd never get me out of the kennel. I'd be back there playing with all the dogs.

So yesterday. Flew out to Dothan, AL, and this guy met me at the airport. Went to see his trucks, and while I was driving this beast around I was thinking, how the H am I going to get this thing home, I can't drive 300 miles in this. So we get back to his place, we're chit chatting and he says, so are you interested? And I said yes! before I even knew what I was doing. So, one thing led to another and I'm on my way home in an M35A2C. I thought, well I better man up because I'm not walking. The drive home was mostly uneventful, and it only took me 6 1/2 hours. I'll work on getting a picture.

And speaking of dogs, I need to go get mine. I didn't want to leave them at home all day by themselves so off to the kennel they went.

Have a good day everyone.
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Jamesbo,, I think that you mean the Soltice GXP, the 260hp turbocharged version of the Soltice, there was a optional dealer boost, that would put them at 290.
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
GM Enthusiast

Good morning everyone. Been a few days since I've been on here so I wanted to check in and say hello. We went on vacation and left NY last Thursday and drove down to Florida. Took us two days which isn't too bad with little ones.

Weather's been good so far here, been at the beach enjoying 90 degrees and some clear blue surf. Teaching the kids how to boogie board and hopefully how to surf later on this week. Glad we left when we did, it's been raining and in the 70's in NY since we left.

Sandy - congrats on another trophy. I have to ask, where are you putting all of them?

Well, enjoy the day!
Old August 13th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo,, I think that you mean the Soltice GXP, the 260hp turbocharged version of the Soltice, there was a optional dealer boost, that would put them at 290.
Yeah, Dat was what I was trying to say. Didn't know about de Dealer Boost
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Always room for one more

Here's the latest guy in town.

When I woke up this morning I felt a little dizzy, sort of like I had been riding on a buckboard for 6 hours. Then when I got in the van to get the dogs, I felt like I was in a Cadillac.

Got my insurance okay this afternoon, but the woman at the tag office had no idea what to do, so the default response is, have the police fill out this form. I protested but she had already shut down and was not interested in anything I had to say. That's customer service right there. I'll go up to the police station next week.

So I turned down pizza in Marietta tonight. I had just got the dogs home and my buddy called and I said you know what, I need to stay home. He was surprised that I would say that, but we'll go next week. Hm, I could get some pizza to bring home from one of the other 2000 pizza places between here and there.

PS I got the same message when trying to upload this picture, upload failed. So I posted this to my blog that no one reads, and right clicked and copied and pasted.

Last edited by slantflat; August 13th, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:09 PM

Mike, De always say " Variety is the spic eof life" and you got about as much Variety in cars/ trucks of anyone I ever heared of.

Whatcha gonna do wit it? Rent it out to 25 Mexicans to live in?

I'm REALLY GLAD ya got it. Now, we got sum'in to ride 'round Hotlanta in and I don't need to clean out de Burban.
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike,
ummm congrats?? I see you opted for the convertible model. How many gallons per mile?

Can't imagine why you feel like you were riding in a buckboard. Now all you need to do is install some nice air ride seats. I seriously doubt ANYONE in their right mind is going to give you any hassles in traffic - well except the tree huggers and Prius owners..
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp Elsie came and went again late yesterday

I gotta go to Walmart and get sum lawn chairs to put in de back of Mike's truck. So we need to get a head count on how many of us are rid'in round Hotlanta in his new vehicle. I got an extra hot tub that would go nicely in the back as well.

Mike, If I were you, I brush up on parrell park'in dat beast

Jes so you know you're not de only goof ball, I've always wanted to get a VW Thing and paint it grey with sum Africa corp markings/insigna on it. Guess it wouldn't be to PC but WTH. I had an M38A1 Jeep fer years and years. I swear the paint on the thing was 1/2" thick OH,Yeah, I still got the trailer but It's a jeep trailer and too small fro your truck.

If ya need one. I think there's one at the Mlitary Depot near me on Ga 140 jes cross de Fulton/Cherokee line. De got a Huey there also and a couple of amublances FYI

Well have a great day Olds friends.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:26 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Mike. Quite the rig. We had an old REO 6X^ that looked a lot like that. Ran on propane and didn't go anywhere fast. Never did much with it then dad sold it. I'm kinda surprised you didn't opt for the DUKW.
Yes sir it was a lot of rain. we got .5 an inch here at the house, but up the hill it was bad. http://www.9news.com/video/260385208...-hit-Kittredge The church is just a block or so upstream from the wifes tack store. The store fared out fine. This is far from the worst as far as flooding goes. My shop was fine. These weren't as bad as the floods in Manitou springs. Have you seen the footage of those?

Jamesbo. I haven't worked on the turbo models. Sounds like fun tho. My crazy next door neighbor had an old CDOT van that didn't have any back seats. He needed to take the grandkids somewhere, so he put the kids in some lawnchairs in the back and belted them in with ratchetstraps.
Still smoke free?

John Hope your aunt gets well soon. My BIL just lost his mother. They are in St. Louis making arrangements and working out the details.

Blue, I once got talked into buying a 70 GTO by one of my techs who was a Pontiac nut. I ordered some parts, then lost interest and sold it to him for what I had in it. He was trying to get the rear bumper on right, and found someone had chopped off the rear frame horns or something. anyhow, I don't know what ever came of it.

Allan, If you had one of them m-35's you could sell your snowblower.

Have a great day all.

Last edited by CQR; August 14th, 2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good Hump Day Morning everyone.

I think we got 5 drops of rain last night, and of course my girl had to let me know about it. Looks overcast right now, though I'm certain just as soon as I'm ready to do something outside the bottom will fall out.

Jamesbo, no need to worry about lawn chairs, I have troop seats! We don't need no stinking parallel parking, we've got a big push bumper. Keep that trailer for me, a Jeep is next.

Adrian, when you brought your Olds over, was there verbiage in your regs to the effect of, you had to own the car a year before you imported it? I've been reading Victoria's rules and they seem a little ambiguous.

Allan best I can figure I got 7mpg on the way home. As for the tree huggers, see comment about push bumper above...

Darrell how long are you in Florida for? I have two trips to make to Florida coming up, Daytona Beach and Pensacola. Hope you guys are having a great time.

Well the Awful house is calling. Looks like it will be an inside day today. Best get to it. Have a good one all.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Captain Starfire

We've just blew the term "quorum" out of the water.

Morning, all. Drizzle on & off throughout way in this morning. They're still sayin' 60% for the wet stuff today, mostly in afternoon. But at least it keeps the temps bearable; not spose to break 90 today; it's just that the humiditiy feels like about 103%.

Welcome to the Hotlanta Cabal, Blue. The tour tickets become available online roughly 3-4 weeks before the tour date. I'm keeping watch. I'd be glad to order anybody's or everybody's with mine and y'all can reimburse me when we meet up. They're $18, but I'm thinkin' the cash goes to the worthwhile cause of historic preservation. I'll let the Cabal know when they go on sale.

Allst I knew was my '68 had the olive-drab bumper, and not the headlights. It makes sense that the Endura bumper was standard, 'cause my Goat had scant options, the AM reverb radio being one. (I bought it in '73 and one of the previous owners had already made a strip-queen out of it. It had some huge Holley dual-feed, headers, and Cherry Bombs underneath with no tailpipes. It was a pimple-faced 16-y.o.'s dream, and was available for the outrageous sum of $500. I kept it for a little over a year and sold it for $550.

Mike, yesterday everyone agreed with you; we're trying to get her into a home, at least temporarily. She's not getting the kind of care she needs at that hospital. We should know something today or tomorrow, hopefully. We're praying she can be transferred NLT next Monday. Thanks for the well-wishes. . And I'm wit' Jamebo --- whatcha' gonna' do with that behemoth? I do hope you're up to date with your "Road Rage Aversion" training. We could have a reenactment of the James Bond tank chase scene in Goldeneye. And BTW, count me & the better half for a turn in the hot tub. (We want to go first .)

Clint, sorry about the BIL's Mom. Never easy on anyone. Glad y'all averted the worst of the weather -- that flooding is scary. Me & floods don't get along....

BTW, anybody notice this Web site misbehaving even worse than normal lately? I have a relatively slow connection here, but there seems to be something going on in the background (some processing or downloading) that delays my actions noticeably. In a word, "sucks."

Y'all have a great humpity, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 14th, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A cloudy cool October morning here. Temps in the 50's! Supposed to get sun later and be in the high 60's. Nothing like October in August, lol. It's going to be in the 80's some next week though.

Mailed my registration for the Olds show in Alliance. It's the 30th show - maybe there will be nice plaques or something given.

Got the carpet yesterday for the back of Teepos front seat. I haven't opened the box yet to look at it. Package tray should be on the way too. Haven't got the seat cloth yet. I'll have to look up the UPS number and see where it's at.

Nicole survived her day at work yesterday. She said it's 'complex'. She assisted in some surgeries she said, did some dog restraining and such. Said she liked it. Said the vet is kind of bossy... I told her she owns the place, she can be bossy, lol. She said it's mostly older ladies that work there, which is good! Probably much less drama that way, lol. Some have been there like 18 years and more. Nicole is off today, but works the rest of the week including Saturday.

The service engine light is on in the Intrigue. I told her to take it to AutoZone and have it read. She said the turn signals aren't working all the time either. Don't know what that could be. My poor old Intrigue is falling apart... getting to that age where they start nickel and diming you....

Well the New York golf outing is Sept. 7th. Clay and Steve aren't going. Sooo.... it's going to be just Brian and I. I really don't know if I can stand that 8 hr. drive with him!!! I'll have to listen to his music, probably be roasting, and have to listen to him talk. I may take a bus back home. Then again, I may have to kill him and dump the body.

Jamesbo.... I wanna ride in your Vista!!! I'd love to see your cars while I'm there. Is the plan just to meet, tour that theatre and then all go our seperate ways?

Scot... where are you?? I'm gonna eat the last peach today. I brought it to work with me. God they were sooooooo good!! Can I still get peaches in Gawja in October, lol?

Well you all have a good humpday!
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Good Morning.

It's freezing outside, 52 degrees is not summertime..
A Hummingbird even did it's overnight suspended animation deal on the feeder, cool to study it up close. They can't move and are completely helpless until their hear rate goes back up to warp speed so I hope it wakes up before those nasty Blue Jays do.

That truck would make for a great zombie fighting vehicle. The zombie freaks actually take it seriously. They probably think a sharknado could actually happen too. A zombie shark sharknado would be cool.

I didn't know the Atlanta deal was a major good morning poster meet?
I haven't been on a real vacation in over ten years and unless I win the lottery I don't see one happening in the future. Between college loan payments and doctor and hospital bills the only fun thing I can afford to do is go picking at the boneyard.
I wouldn't mind checking out the yards down south though?
If I could find some good parts to sell it could pay for the trip.

I cant make the show this Sunday Sandy. I forgot that I'll have the grandchild and my overprotective daughter won't let him ride in the Goat. Her and her sister are still okay and I took them to every cruise-in and car show in it when they were little??

Off to the septic tank again today, I wish I didn't know how to do anything sometimes. Being a carpenter with a lot of /plumbing/roofing/electricial experience I get inundated to do free work by my family. What can I get out of a bunch of cops and hairdressers?? I wouldn't be caught dead getting my hair cut at a beauty shop and other than having a wallet full of FOP cards to get out of a ticket the once every twenty years that I get pulled over the cops are totally useless. You'd think they would give me cash for gas at the least?

I went wrong somewhere, I should have become a priest like my mom always wanted me to be when I was a kid.
I'm married and don't golf so that's not a viable option anymore.
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's raining over here now. God it's just like fall out there.... so sad. Blue, I'm sorry you can't come to the show. I was looking forward to seeing you all. Maybe the Ox Roast again? I know how you feel.... we haven't had a vacation since 2007. I'm not counting this Hotlanta trip as a vacation, lol. Just a little get away. If I have the money.... that's another question, lol. A priest?? Forgive me father Redgoat for I have sinned....
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
GM Enthusiast

Good morning everyone. Sunny here in FL and around 90 today. Enjoying the warm weather and heading outside in a few minutes. Kids want to go back to the pool this morning.

Sandy - where and when are you going to be in NY?
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Humpday today?? Yeah I guess so..

Tomorrow we're heading out to the coast to visit with family. Should be a good trip. Graeme and I are sharing the driving time so this will be good driving experience for him - everything from City to open flat highway to mountains. It's around 650 miles and we'll do it in one day. No one but me is stirring around here. Yeah, they're the 'afternoon' crew. Heaven help them tomorrow when they have to be up at 06:30.....

John - yes I noticed the site was being persnickity and slower than normal. Seems to be ok today though.

Clint - we got one of those downpours on Sunday too. Almost an inch of rain in around 30 minutes, then some light drizzle for a couple hours. It blew out some of the manhole covers on the roads, flooded some underpasses and some residential basements. I would love to have one of those M35's but around here the peeps get finicky about big trucks like that parked on the street.

Mike - 7 mpg is pretty decent with a unit like that. So when are ya going to swing by and take me for a ride?? BTW, that lever by the right side of the driver, is that for low/high range? Never drove one of them trucks or seen one close up.

Darrell - I wanna go to the pool too. In the 90's here today also

Jim - YAAAH! Get a 'Thing' but ya gots ta paint it desert tan ifn ya wants ta put Afrika Korps decals onit. An ya best learn ta sprekken zee Doytch, drink shnaps, swear a new oaf of alleegence to a wacky dictator, be happy eatin and breathin sand, love heat ALL the time an wear geeky uniforms dat might show off yer legs too much. Bonus - you get to play with a luger an shoot scorpions...

Old August 14th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

The sun is peeking out some from behind these ominus looking clouds now. It was nice out walking when the sun came out. My hands are freezing already, but they have been all summer anyhow - I hate this Reynaulds syndrome crap that makes my hands purple. I'm hoping it will clear up outside so we can go to Chick Fil A tonight finally!!

Darrell.... I wanna be warm, lol! Send some heat up this way please. Not the humidity though.

We go to our shop in Rome, NY on Friday Sept. 6th. We leave here usually 10ish and get up to the shop around 5. Then they usually take us out for dinner and then back to our hotel. On Saturday, we meet for breakfast then go to the golf course, which I forget where it is, lol. I know we go through Oriskany to get there. After we golf, eat, and do prizes we usually end up at some dumpy bar or two (there's not a whole lot to do in Rome, lol) and the guys drink the afternoon and evening away. I get bored. I buy scratch off tickets or play Keno or something. Then it's back to our hotel, and we head home on Sunday morning. Rome is through Syracuse and not far from Utica. Steve and Clay are early birds and they don't waste any time when we stop along the way, but since Brian will be driving this time, and he's not an early bird and hates to be rushed, we probably won't leave for home until like 8 am Sunday, and we will take longer at stops.

Last year, Phil took Steve and I to the casino and dropped us off for a few hours, after the golf thing. That was fun!! Bring that Cutlass and come on by. We can go cruisin' while the guys sit and drink, lol.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Sandy (et al), last we said, we were going to tour da' Fox, eat at da' Mary Mac's, and go to da' Cyclorama (?).

Personally, me & the better half might spend the night down there somewhere (I was going to axe Jamesbo for a recommendation that wouldn't break us, but would be decent as well). Was thinking of doing some sort of organized tour of the city -- prolly by bus -- maybe Friday. Tentatively, we'd meet up with the Oldsmocabal on Saturday, either at the Fox or at Jamesbo's designated spot. Jamesbo, did you really volunteer the "burban" for chauffeur duties? Or should Mike warm up M35A2C?

Blue, we said from the beginning "the more, the merrier." Based on current respondents, we're gonna' be quite merry! I think it's great. We met with Jamesbo twice solo and I'd like to give the poor boy a little variety in his life.

Allan, maybe it's just the result of my being stuck w/ IE 7 at work. The site just hangs for seconds on end, and eventually goes "live" again.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 14th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old August 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Maybe, I second thought, I'll stick to less pc incorrect and Ameican made.

I got a jeep carbine scabbard but dat's 'bout it. Anyone know whar I can pick up a good used 50 cal. ?
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

.....Sandy (et al), last we said, we were going to tour da' Fox, eat at da' Mary Mac's, and go to da' Cyclorama (?).

I need to know how many days to take off, so I can get them marked on the calendar. John... When are you going to Atlanta? Do we know when Scot and Mike are going? When and where is everyone meeting? Never being in Hotlanta before and hearing all the horror stories about the traffic.. make it easy to find, lol!
It's probably about 8 hrs. drive from here to there? There goes 1 day off. I suppose we'll need somewhere to stay too. Cheap works for me.

I read about the Cyclorama... sounds interesting. Says that it's open Tues. - Saturday 9:15 to 4:30. I don't know how long it takes to tour these places? It's only $10 to get in. $8, if you're old (like Jamesbo, lol)!! Just kidding Jamesbo. Love ya! I'd still like to see the big chicken....
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:02 PM
CQR

Jamesbo, You need a Volkswagen Kubelwagen Typ 82.

Just try to avoid the rest of the drama.

Old August 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM
GM Enthusiast

Mike - we are in FL for about 10 days. The weather has been terrific so far, usually been about 90 everyday. Also enjoying good food to at some of the local restaurants and sports bars. But, since we don't have Chick-Fil-A's where we live, we have to go there at least every other day. Lol Kids keep dragging me there.

Sandy - I've never been up by Rome, but I have also heard that there's not much there to do. Would love to drive the Cutlass up there and meet you in person. If the time permits, I'll let you know. The car could use the exercise, I'm embarrassed to say it has not been out of the garage since the beginning of May.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old August 15th, 2013, 04:05 AM
CQR

Good Mornin all.

Darrell, Have a good time. I'm in need of another trip down there.

John, Mine does that occasionally but only when the AVG scan is in progress.

Allan, drive safe. I hope its a good trip for you all. A friend of mine just got a warning letter from his HOA about a 'garage door violation' It seems one of the HOA spies noticed his garage door was open and yet no-one was pulling in our out with their car. Sorry, But I would probably go shoot the bastard. I'm really glad we don't have an HOA around here.

Blue, The Zombie Apocalypse has already begun, you just need to recognize the nature of the beasts. See below.

Have a great Thursday all.
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I need to know how many days to take off, so I can get them marked on the calendar. John... When are you going to Atlanta? Do we know when Scot and Mike are going? When and where is everyone meeting?
Sandy, the only thing I know that's established so far (besides list of activities, for the most part) is that we're meeting Saturday morning, 10/26 at roughly 10 a.m.

I'll be there some time Friday and will spend the night somewhere (don't know where yet). We'll meet up with the group Saturday around 10-ish (either at the Fox or wherever Jamesbo suggests). The Fox tour is about an hour; eating will take a couple hours (however long we want); and I doubt anybody will want to wander around Cyclorama more than 2 hours. But to each his own.

Am I missing anything, gang? This is not in stone -- just kinda' keeping track of what's been discussed & agreed to thus far.

Mike mentioned the Cyclorama, and I agree with you, Sandy, it does look interesting.

The Aquarium was also mentioned, as well as the Coca-Cola plant -- although I'm not sure of the logistics of either, and what's even open on Saturday afternoons.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Fox, and Jamesbo knows what he's talkin-bout with the Mary Mac. So the rest of the agenda is flexible, IMHO.

So as of this minute, we're talkin' about being together from about 10 a.m. (an hour before the tour) until some time in the late afternoon or early evening.

Since I & the better half are only coming from Hiawassee (2.5 hrs away), we wouldn't have to spend the night; but I figure we might as well get the flavor of the big city and take our time. (This is partly to try and counteract the venom and vitriol accrued as a result of Saints-Falcons games over the last 47 years .)

So at this point we're all free to plan our trips however works best for us, since we're mostly coming from different places & directions, and have different appetites for roaming about the city and riding tour buses (maybe I crazy!).

Maybe Scot and Mike can chime in and with their tentative plans? HTH.

Have a great Thursday, Oldsmophiles.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 15th, 2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by CQR
John, Mine does that occasionally but only when the AVG scan is in progress.
Blue, The Zombie Apocalypse has already begun, you just need to recognize the nature of the beasts. See below.
Now that's a sad picture; I don't think you could get that kind of unity of motion and intention if you tried. Zombies is a good word -- makes me want to keep my "dumb" phone; I feel much more akin to that type

Clint, the site seems to be downoading graphics from some other site called mrbusinessgolf.com. It never really makes the connection apparrently, and sits there while it tries. Anybody have any idea what this is? No doubt it's related to some ad or a revenue-raising device.
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:04 AM

Welp, De winds outa de south so guess what? Mo rain

John, Dat's cool wit me. I axed de Super model 'bout hotel arrangments and she said she knows all de consierges. P.M. me what cha'll wanta spend per nite [you too Sandy] and she'll call around. Also let me know if ya wanta stay Downtown or sum where else.

Me thinks you're speak'in of "The World of Coke" not the bottling plant [which is also downtown]

Hope ya'll know I haven't been to any of these things since "field trips" in grammar school.

It would be like you tak'in me to Dixie Brewery, Jackson square and Bourbon street.

As fer as agendas, It kinda depends on what your interest are. There are lots of places I haven't been mainly because I just don't wanta hang wit de unwashed masses. [Like de new stupid Ferris Wheel]

Well, y'all jes spend sum time googl'in "What to do in Atlanta" and I'll do my best to get cha thar.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and cold out this morning. Some places dipped to the 40's overnight. We are in the 50's right now. Some August......

My day started off with a bang..... Nicole and I shouting at each other. Wouldn't surprise me if she's jobless at the end of the day. She got up bitc*ing about having to work a 10 hour shift today "on her 2nd day", bitc*ing about how the vet "orders her around and I don't like to be ordered. She could ask." Bitc*ing about everything! And because I didn't sympathize with her, the fight was on!! I'm fed up with this kid. Fed up! She started the feeling sorry for herself crap and it pissed me off. You know what it boils down to? She has a friggin convention planned for the end of Sept. that she wants to go to. How dare a job interfere with her fun????? You know she works Saturday's and sometimes Sunday's! OH MY GOD!!!!!! Like she hasn't had any FUN in the last few years? Give me a break! The kid has had more trips to places and done more pissing around than I have in the last 10 years! She doesn't like authority, she doesn't like women and can't get along with them, I told her she needs to take a class in people skills!

I told her to ASK QUESTIONS today. Don't be afraid. She doesn't even know how much she's making an hour for God's sake. I told her ASK if she's getting a lunch break today since she's working 10 hours. ASK!!!!!! I told her people can't read her mind. ASK if she doesn't understand how something is done. ASK if they're explaining too fast. I told her she just can't keep her mouth shut. I told her she's been looking for a job for 3 months - or should I say I've been looking for jobs for her! She's too good to work at Chipolte or Panera. She evidently didn't get the job at Speedway - it opened yesterday and she wasn't called. Jesus, I've never seen anyone like her! I just don't know. God, my blood pressure is still up, lol!

Anyhow.... had a nice time at Chick Fil A last night. Not a whole lot of cars as usual. Bob came by and we talked for a few hours. It was nice. Lookin like a nice night for Bellacino's tonight.

Darrell..... it would be nice to meet you and see the car! In the garage since May??? Oh, I couldn't stand that, lol. Glad you're enjoying your vacation!

Clint.... I love that pic, lol. Isn't that the truth?

John... thanks for the info. I don't know what we will do. I will have to ask Larry what he's interested in (if anything, besides work)...... I don't know how long he wants to stay or anything. Guess we'll figure it out.

Well I'm gonna try to de-stress now and do something. You all have a good day!
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM

Err,

Calm down Sandy, It's jes de "ME" generation.

Now me on de utter hand don't shout. I'm prone to strangle
Old August 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'm calmer now Jamesbo, lol. But not by much. She talks the talk, but can't walk the walk. I'm fed up with it. Time to grow up some!! Stop worrying about the dress up conventions - if you miss this one, another one will come along soon. God forbid having to wait a year to accumulate vacation time or whatever. It didn't kill me! She has to get this stuff through her thick head. You have to listen to other people, follow their rules, and wait for things. God!!!!!!!
Old August 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone. Monday for me.

Allan I didn't get a chance to wish you well for your trip before you left, so I hope things are going okay, the boy is enjoying driving on a long trip, and your visit is enjoyable and trip is safe.

Clint, a DUKW, how funny. I've had one of those for years.

Sandy I hope Nicole doesn't quit/lose her job. At some point it will sink in that she needs to grow up. My friend's daughter was the same way, and then all of a sudden something fell into place and she has a good job, a steady(and good for her) boyfriend, money saved, etc. It didn't help that my friend(this girl's mom) tried to be her best friend and not her mother, so it just enabled her to make poor choices far too long. Nicole just likes drama, don't add to it.

As far as when I will arrive at the Fox, I guess it depends on when everyone else will arrive. Since I live 30 minutes away I can be there whenever. My personal opinion on the aquarium and the Coke museum, unless we have absolutely nothing better to do, we should skip these two things. They are not as good as places similar to them. If anyone is flying in I can pick you up at the airport. I may have to borrow Jamesbo's Suburban and finish cleaning it out though, since I have two good airport cars, Fiat and Saturn. Anyone with needs we'll figure it out.

Jamesbo as long as you're getting a Kubelwagan, might as well get a Schwimmwagen to go with it.

John how's the Aunt today?

Okay! One of two starts tonight. Hope everyone's week is winding down and a good weekend is planned.
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Clint- I could not agree more with that picture. It's scary how attached they are to their phones. My kids are 7 and 9, and I do not let them have an X-Box, smart phone, etc. I am holding out as long as I can!

Sandy - Would love to meet up with you too. Will keep you posted. Yea, I just have not had the time to get the Cutlass out of storage. I have been busy with getting my company off of the ground. Whatever car time I've had, I spent it on my Riv convertible to get it fully driveable. (It is my daily driver) I hope this fall I will get to using it more. I am trying to avoid selling it if I can. My business needs to get into the black soon.

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM

Good evening everyone.

The Atlanta get together sounds like fun, but I just looked it up and it looks like a 1200 mile drive.

Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen? Did I end up on a Volkswagen forum by mistake?

Only a quick visit for tonite. Have a good Friday everyone.

Last edited by car_designer; August 15th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:58 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul, You could do it round trip and still not need an oil change.

Mike, really? Ha. How much property do you have? What is it about you and floating automobiles?

Sorry Sandy, I hope she figures it out soon. I feel your pain. Found out the kid didn't do well in her college courses. But the deal was we would pay for them if she passed. Expensive lesson on her part. She seems to be digging her new supervisory position. Thats a plus. You could let Nicole know she could open her own clinic and hire a bunch of people and tell them what to do, and take all the time off she wants. Just like Larry, or me, .

John, It sounds like google is trying to load ads that meet certain keywords its pulling from your cookies. Maybe try and clear your cookies and see if that helps.

I think I'm gonna ask for 'top secret' on DVD for x-mas. Its been many years since I've seen it. And I can't find it on cable or netflix.

Have a great Friday all.
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Drizzel'in at de moment

Sandy, De Super Model told me 'bout this youtube message. I hope #1 step son and Nicole will watch it.

I'm sure most of y'all saw dis but it's amaz'in to me

http://dailynightly.nbcnews.com/_new...uzw5w.facebook

Headed to de lake. John, give me a shout when ya get a sec

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Not a bad night at work, it was raining and we were inside. Tonight I have that bad lead again. I don't know why I'm so lucky all of a sudden to have that guy on my Friday.

Clint I guess it's just one of those things. I don't have a huge amount of property, everything fits, for now, I just have to be creative.

I don't know if anyone else has these sorts of people, but once in a while someone will stop by with a chest freezer in the back of their pickup trying to sell me steak and other meats. The freezer isn't plugged into anything. I have the worst looking house and yard on the whole street and these people stop here ONLY. I don't get it. Are they casing the place? This guy yesterday got a bit of a surprise when two barking dogs greeted him when I opened the door. Usually I get a whole big dissertation when I say not interested but yesterday the guy said okay see ya and hiked back to his truck. I thought it was kind of funny.

Just spitting rain right now, I expect it will do this all day. Good day for sleeping. I don't know why but I got a stiff neck all of a sudden. Maybe I'll mix a little something in with my OJ before I hit the sack to help me relax.

Okay have a good day everyone.