The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2013 | 09:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, folks.....

More o' the same here in da' swamp; hot & muggy, w/ scant chance of Elsie showing her bovine face today (or tomorrow, for that matter). Was 79* in Hammond at 5 a.m.... must be summer . Spose to get to 'bout mid-90s, although on I-10 going home in afternoons, outside air pushes toward the triple digits.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Now dats down right wierd. A Road Runer wit Rolls seats. Everyone one I have seen was sparse as a Checker Cab.
Jamesbo, thought fer sure that was Chantix induced.
No balcony for me unless it's part of the tour.
Jamesbo, re: the eating establishment, I sure value historic and cultural value, but let's do something fairly nice to commemorate the event. Plus, my better half will not be a happy camper if we're relegated to burgers & fries (or all fried fare... not that I'd mind it). Is there something medium-priced and medium-fancy that has any historic or cultural significance at all? Personally, I'd put the "nice" above the "significant" in the case of our victuals. What does the rest of the gang say? Just be sure they serve pizza for Mike (kidding ).

Sandy, glad you're moving toward getting down there in October . I hope you can swing it.

Clint, maybe it's time for some bird euthanasia... maybe baked chicken tonite? Sounds like she's over the hill.

Darrell, hope you find the right course of action in the vehicle acquisition dept. I have no use for an SUV either, but I must say, if I were in the market, the Enclave would be on my list.

Talk at y'all later....
Old August 1st, 2013 | 12:06 PM

John, I'd vote fer Mary Mac's

Southern Food and likely to run into a governor or somebody
Also, Not to fer from de Fox
Old August 1st, 2013 | 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

GREAT FOOD!! Thanks Jamesbo me and my family will be eating there tonight...
Old August 1st, 2013 | 04:06 PM

Well, ya should join us fer a tour de Fox

Are you in Decatur? Heck Da's jes a stones throw from whar we're meet'in up.
Old August 1st, 2013 | 04:22 PM

Well, ya should join us fer a tour de Fox

Are you in Decatur? Heck Da's jes a stones throw from whar we're meet'in up.
Actually I'm in Conyers, Decatur is where I grew up.. I may just do that.. It's still not that far..
Old August 1st, 2013 | 04:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Does Teepo have Loop or Pile carpet??? I want to say Loop...... Scot? You have a book, lol??
Sandy, all 72 A bodies have 80/20 loop carpeting. Pile is what you'd find starting in the late 70's and early 80's. Loop carpet is harder to keep clean.
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 03:58 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, no progress with the bird still. And she wouldn't be much of a meal. She's just a pullet and hasn't eaten in about a week. I assume she's drinking cuz I doubt she's still be alive. Its a shame too, the missus just bought them a month or so ago. They haven't even started laying yet. This one in an Aracauna that lays green eggs. If she hasn't shown improvement by Saturday, I'll have to don the black mask and hammer 2 nails to a stump.

sounds like y'all gonna have a big party at the fox.

Saw this on the way home, don't know who it is, but the rig has Colorado plates.
Attachment 169315

Didn't realize it was out of focus, sorry.

have a great Friday all.
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 05:36 AM
Captain Starfire

Finally Friday!

Howdy, Oldsmopeeps. Copy & paste da' weather (and tomorrow, and the day after, and....)

Works for me Jimbo. I'll leave any reservations, if needed, up to you.

By George, I think sumpin's takin' shape!

So we have about 3 hours accounted for... if we take our time . Anybody have any ideas on another venue to pursue in Hotlanta on a summer Saturday (besides the balcony at the Fox )? Scot? I know even though I'm a native New Orleanian, a sightseeing tour of the city (bus) is a fun thing for me to do wit visitors. An aunt of mine retired from the company that ran Grayline tours locally and we went quite often as kids. (There were about 3 or 4 different tour options, so we had to do them all, of course.)

Is that worth consideration? (I'm trying to think of all our options.)

Whelpt, I have to leave work early for a funeral today; a friend of mine from high school's Mom passed this week @ 93. Wonderful lady; treated me like I was one of her own whenever I went over there (which was quite frequent, since this was my "mechanic" friend -- he used to help me work on my '68 GTO back in the 70s). She made the best chicken a la king and iced tea I've ever had. God rest her soul.

Clint, you get the worm again this mornin' . Sounds like you need to don that mask sooner rather than later and break out the hammer. But BTW, I've never had (or even seen) a green egg before... I thought that was a figment of Dr. Seuss's imagination .

kbdecatur, come on down!

Y'all have a great Friday.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 2nd, 2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 05:37 AM

Spose to be nice today [ I hope]

Anyone notice how Gawga boys is tak'in over de world [or least de Good mawn'in Thread]

Hey Conyers is whar my competition is. [De monks]

Clint, Sorry de chicks not better. Cool pic, I jes wanta open it up an take a peek inside to see what's what

Sandy, I picked sum Okrie las nite and gonna make up sum stewed okrie and maters-yum Jes like Mary Mac makes dem.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 06:02 AM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo Hey Conyers is whar my competition is [De monks]
I have a pair of CEMENT shoes you can borrow if needed!!!
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 06:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Copy and paste here too. Another dewey September morning out here. Now they're callin for friggin rain tomorrow.... I planned on going to the Pops show in Wadsworth. Now, I don't know.

I didn't take Teepo to Bellacino's last night. Nicole and I went over in Tincanio. Larry still isn't speaking.... (what an ***!) So I met with Jay, and he and his friend came up with a price of $1000 to recover Teepo's seat. New foam and polyester covering (whatever that means) underneath the seat cover and head rests, fix the windlace thing on the passenger side where it has a little piece missing, lube up both the back seat windows that don't roll down except for a little ways, take out the package tray and cover it with vinyl (if I want vinyl on it). He said they have black package trays, but no green ones. He said if I want to order one from Fusicks so it will be 'correct' I can do that too, and they would put it in. He also said if I want to put down new carpet while the seats are out, it would be like an extra $75.

So this is quite an expensive venture!! I don't really think her carpet needs replaced, and every year I freshen up the door carpets with green Rit dye, so they look nice. I would like to get the package tray replaced, but I'd like it to be correct.... I'm sure no one would notice if it was covered with vinyl, though. But that's $100 extra for more vinyl and for them, as compared to Fusicks cheaper package tray. Plus I still have to order the material and vinyl which is $180 and $100, and the carpet for behind the seat which Fusick's wants $40 a yard, plus shipping. I know interior work isn't cheap.... I've heard the stories! So I have to see what I can do. He would have Teepo for a week in his garage. I could take her at show season's end.

Jamesbo..... does Mary Macs have steak and taters? If Larry comes with me, (If I make it after this seat expense) I really don't want to be embarassed by him saying "I grew up on an Iowa farm. I have to have my steak and potatoes". Of course if that's the only thing he would say to embarrass me, that would be good, lol. But I know it wouldn't be. He might not be talking to me still, by that time, lol.

Clint.... Jean and Bob used to have chickens that laid the blue eggs. I've never noticed any different taste in the different colored eggs. Mom always liked to get the blue eggs from them. I feel bad for that poor little chicken. Just kill it already, lol.

Well I better get off here and do something. Talk to ya later!!
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 08:53 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Wow I lost a day. Early yesterday morning I woke up shivering so bad, I couldn't get warm. For the whole day I was just done. No energy, barely functioning. I slept all day. Today feel better but still have a slight headache.

John awful sorry about your friend's Mom. I had a friend with a mom like that. In fact, I'm still friends with his mom, but not with him.

The only other things I can think of to do is the aquarium and the Coke museum. Oh and the Cyclorama. And the zoo. Jamesbo are any of these things close to one another?

Clint that's quite a rig. I'd like to see what's inside, too.

Well my vacation is over. Work tonight. Right now it seems like such a long time that I've been to work but when I get there tonight it will seem like I never left.

Okay have a good day everyone, I gotta catch up around here.
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 09:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Got a new toy for working on my car yesterday but it really makes a horrible mess and I need full protection using it under the car. (eyes, breather, hearing, and coverall). Got some good progress going on the Cutlass but often get interrupted with family needs. It's ok though because I've learned to put that ahead of any project with no reservations.

Mike - stay warm and get well. Best cure for a slight headache is to stub your toe or hit your thumb with a hammer. It refocuses your pain somewhere else

Jim - y'all gotta form a posse and round up dem Gawja peeps afore dey take over de thred. It was quiet here yestiday warnt it?

Clint - You asked about the temps up here? Yes, it was downright coolish for quite some time for some strange reason. It's starting to warm up a bit. Cool Oldsmobile trailer you spotted. It would have been cool if the owner was close by so you could peek. I'm guessing that it's likely a racer, but who knows?

John - my condolences to your friend. Sounds like his Mom had a long and hopefully prosperous/happy life. Hope she passed along all those good recipes to her kin. May wings of angels carry her home.

GTG - the open road is calling and I've got some miles in front of me.
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 09:57 AM

Jamesbo ypi're friendly travel agent ere,

Sandy, Yes Mary Mac's has steak an taters. Maybe chicken fried steak and mashed taters though

Mike, Nutt'in Hotlanta is close to anything else, Ya oughta knnow dat. De World of Coke is on de West side, de zoo and the cyclorama are on de east side and de Fox is in de middle. I spose, I would vote fer de Cycloram jes cause it's unique. De Zoo is right thare and you can enjoy de elephant house while I wait outside.

John, So sorry for your loss.
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 10:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well I called SMS and ordered the 2 yards of fabric and 2 yards of vinyl for Teepo. $311 plus shipping. Should ship next week. Now I gotta call Fusicks and order that yard of carpet and the package tray. I gotta do some reading in the Interiors Forum.... I know guys have said those package trays aren't real sturdy and don't always fit right. I dunno...
Old August 2nd, 2013 | 11:45 AM

Morning all, weather has been nice and warm once the sun comes up.

I've see the big chicken in Atlanta when I was there. We drove around with our friend who we stayed with and he showed us a bunch of those places

Yeah Mike, importing a car can be a pain in the backside. In QLD if it is over 30 years old you don't have to convert it to rhd but under that and you do or you can't register it for road use I would love to have a big ol van to cruise around in, then again I love cruising around in pretty much anything that doesn't break down

Don't you hate it when your camera focuses on the crud on your windscreen and not is what's behind it Clint. We had more then a few pics turn out that way when we were over there driving all over the country side.

Time to get back to it, have a great day peeps

Adrian
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 05:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day up ere in de mountains

kbDecatur, I would mess wit de monks if I were you, de gots lots of mojo

Fer what it's worth today marks de 85th year de Varsity been opened. Dat's alot of onion rings.Yesterday, I helped celebrate by wolf'in down a toasted pimento chili cheese steak-yum

Wonder if Mike is gonna hit de Awful House today, Duh, de sun came up

Welp, enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 06:00 AM
CQR

Morning all. Welp, down one chicken this morning.

Actually slept in til 6 this morning. Havent done that in a while.

Gonna make a Costco run today then gonna go take brittney out to the supercruise.

Have a day!
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 07:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy Doodee, boys & girl

Whelpt, thank God the weekend is here. We did our weekly walk at the park this morning; wasn't as bad as it's been lately. Was 72* at the plantation; but as soon as ol' Sol showed his brilliant face, the mercury shot up like a rocket.

Dear travel agent / tour guide, that Cyclorama sounds fine by me. If the rest of the gang want to do it, we're in.

Thanks for the condolences, folks; my memories of Mrs. W are mostly from 20-40 years ago; but they're still vivid. I obviously hadn't seen much of the dear lady in the last 20 years. It was a very nice -- albeit very small -- funeral mass at her church of about 50 years in Metairie. Didn't make the interment. (Sorry, Jamesbo.)

Clint, glad the pullet story came to an end; sorry it wasn't the happy one we all wanted.

Y'all have a great weekend, Oldsmoguys and gal.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 3rd, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 08:00 AM

I'm really regreting having to wash my burban and get all de plunder out of it
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 09:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi everyone! Up here in the Great White North - Alberta sector it's a long weekend. That means all kinds of crazy people on the road racing to get themselves killed or whatnot. So I'm staying put. Besides Graeme and Joanne have to work.

Couldn't ask for nicer weather though. Early mornings at 65 and daytime highs around 75 with 10-15mph breeze. Perfect weather to get burned without knowing it.

Already got the yard tended to so it's time to do something with the car again.

Jim - washing the burban is a ritual. Plunder? Ya find Lafayettes treasure chest somewhere init?? Dat jess leaves room to fill it with more stuff. Sides, cleanin it out will help de fuel mileage. Wait, I fergot it was a burban. Dey don't get fuel mileage...

Clint - enjoy the supercruise! So you having Chicken on the grill later? Sorry.

Mike - how you feeling today? Hope you're better.

Adrian - what is QLD?? (Queensland??) So how the heck would anyone find the parts needed to convert to RHD on a 30 year old car? That's just guv crazy talk and crazy legislation. Funny thing is we get a lot of rhd ricers imported in Canada and there is absolutely NO requirement to convert them. Not sure I understand that with the way our roadways are. rhd here is bloody dangerous especially for passing on a highway.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 11:44 AM

Yeah Allan Queensland. The conversion is what cost more then the car. To get a good one done here and have it certified will cost you in excess of $15000. Even if I did it myself the hassle wouldn't be worth it. You can't do much with your vehicle here without it being certified by someone with a piece of paper from school saying they know what they're looking at, not always the case.

Yeah I think the overtaking thing comes into play here too, I just have to trust my passenger to tell me it's all clear or don't pass anyone

Here is what they expect people to pay for a new car that is converted over. http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/deta.../?Cr=0&sdmvc=1 I don't know how much these are in the states but I reckon I would get change from $100,00

Enjoy the rest of your weekend peeps, back to work for me

Adrian
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 01:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian,
This is basically the same truck you posted, but built and priced for Canada. Our prices are noticeably higher than the US market, so if you shopped there it would be even lower.

EDIT: Oops, that one wasn't the diesel. Don't know how to insert a pic on an edit, so the price is just over 60,000 for the comparable truck, not a measly 50K

Last edited by Allan R; August 3rd, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2013 | 02:31 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy one and all!

Seems like it was a nice day today. I slept most of it. Actually I got to be at 8 and the dogs didn't come get me until 1. That's not bad. Then they came back at 330 and I said, can't you guys come back in thirty minutes? And my boy said no. Really, he did.

Allan I feel pretty good today, thanks. In fact, about half way through last night I thought, gee, I feel like I'm all better. That's a nice thought, especially when you don't know what is ailing you.

Jeepers those are some steep prices for trucks! When I worked at a Chevy place in the 80s trucks were just hitting 20K and I remember thinking, who in the world is gonna pay any more than this for a truck? I saw a Suburban when I was in Australia one year, it had a cheezy Holden badge bolted over the Bowtie on the grille. I read that if you had enough money Holden would import a Burb for you. There were so few people who did that they don't even offer it now. Well, I guess if you had enough money....

Give me a call Jamesbo and I'll go up and help with the Burb. We'll even give it a good coat of wax and Armor All the tires.

Clint, we're less a chicken but you didn't say what led to the final event. Did the chicken expire of its own means or was it helped by the masked man?

Well time for getting ready for work has crept up on me again. Actually I should be ready by now and out with the dogs. Have a good Saturday night everyone.
Old August 4th, 2013 | 10:11 AM

Welp, befo I start clean’in out de burb [It’s gonna take a while] I thought I migh take a short inventory

Front floor board.
1 pair of Golf shoes
1 pair wet golf socks
3 chain saw files [to remind me to get more bar oil]
1 empty Windex refill [to remind me when I go to Walmart to get anutter one]
1 empty had soap refill [see above]

Death seat
1 spot light [see above]
1 accordion file
1 golf hat
12 pack of Ritz Peanut butter crackers

Rear seat
1 wet dog towel
1 brief case
1 Dell puter in case

3rd seat
1 Set of jumper cables
1 jump box,
1 pile of bungee cords
1 travel bar [in case of snake bite]
20 empty cardboard coke flats [fer carrying tomatoes to friends]

Rear
1 50 lb bag bird seed
1 50 lb bag dog food
1 10 lb bag cat food
1 tool box
1 bag **** bag of golf *****
Tape, probe, survey flags and spikes [for laying of graves

Hanging
3 golf shirts
1 golf rain suit
1 golf wind breaker
1 pair kakis

Mike, Dis burb ain't never been waxed
Old August 4th, 2013 | 10:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Or defumigated....wet socks and wet dog blanket??? must be ripe in der Jim....

You haulin all dat stuff around is weirder den de Champix dreams you bin tellin us about. Definitely time ta shuck all dat extree stuff and jess make a list or sumpin? Post it notes are much easier ta use for reminders.
Old August 4th, 2013 | 11:46 AM

Allan, Ya ever had a burban? It's like ya get so used ta hav'in all dis room ya cna't live without one.
Old August 4th, 2013 | 01:49 PM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, you might get up to 7 mpg (hwy) iffin' ya' jes get rid of the animal food....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 4th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old August 4th, 2013 | 02:11 PM

Morning all, looks like the good weather is sticking around for now.

That's just wrong isn't it Allan.

Sounds like your suburban does need a bit of a clean out Jamesbo. Have fun finding new spots to put all that stuff

Time to continue working on the bike, have a good day everyone

Adrian
Old August 4th, 2013 | 02:36 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. Friday for me!

The weather is just beautiful today, if not a tad hot. I don't mind. Hope it keeps up through the first of the week.

Jamesbo the Burb deserves a waxjob. You'll get better mileage. Red will be able to see his smile in the side. Besides, you're gonna be elected to schlep us all around Atlanta, since you are the one with the intimate knowledge of the city.

Sandy hope you got a piece of that grand.

Well gotta hit it and quit it. Have a good evening everyone and a good start to the week.
Old August 4th, 2013 | 02:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I used to drive burbans back in de day. My neighbor owned Clayton Hayes Poncho Buick GMC here and he always had a burban demo. Used to let me test them out too. They're ok, but IMO they're over rated. You're right that they are junk traps, but so was my 73 Custom Cruiser.

I'm with Adrian and John...time to clean er out. Den y'all will have all the room of a japanese hotel on wheels..
Old August 4th, 2013 | 08:48 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.

I've got a story for you all. My wife listed some items on Craigslist, one of which was a couch. In a matter of 3 days, I got no fewer than 5 text messages, from different phone numbers, all wanting to buy the couch sight unseen. Also, they wanted to send me extra money to give to a shipping agent. Then, I get a message telling me that the money was sent to Paypal and I should contact the shipping agent and send them the money. I called paypal and of course, the money was never received. Turns out that this is a very common fraud sceme.

Great right? Can't even list stuff on craigslist.
Old August 4th, 2013 | 08:50 PM

Good Evening Everyone!

Allan, in Ontario it is a long weekend too, although with no official name. In the city of Ottawa, it is officially Colonel By Day. Colonel John By oversaw the building of the Rideau Canal as well as founding Bytown later known as Ottawa. Just think, without him, where would Parliament be?

Now that the Cutlass is finished (well mostly) I finally got to take the Delta out for a drive for the first time in a month. Washed it then started it. It started and ran nicely.

I took the Delta to a car show yesterday. A nice show at a church in a small town about an hour out of town. For the registration fee for one car they give you a picture of your car, a t-shirt and lunch for 2 (can of pop, hamburger/sausage/hot dog and bag of chips). It was a great day except for hitting some good rain on the way home.

There was another small town show today. Another good day that ended with a wet drive home. Today I took the Cutlass.

Jamesbo, I agree with the rest. Time for a clean out of the Suburban.

Adrian, that surprises me that they force a conversion. As Allan mentioned, there is no requirement to do it here. There are quite a few RHD cars here. Mostly Skylines, but I've seen a couple of RHD Civics, a Mitsubishi Evo and I think even a Nissan Pulsar (4th gen?). Also have some Japanese RHD Vans.

Have a great week everyone.

Allan and all the other Canadians that get it off, enjoy the holiday.
Old August 5th, 2013 | 04:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy to report I'm on a roll.

Minus

2 wet golf socks
2 wet dog towels
1 empty windex refiil Botttle
1 empty hand soap bottle
2 cardboard coke can flats [sum one needed sum maters]

Gonna fill bird feeders right after golf, eat 2 Ritz peanut butter crakcers, and maybe pic up sum bar oil.

De burb will be virtually empty soon.

Funy, De Vista an de 442 drop top ain't got nutt'in in dem cept a pair of sun glasses. I think burbs breed crap

John, I bought sum locuts split rails from a guy in Hiwassee whose last name was Wood {yeah I know] Anyway, I've lost his phone #. You don't happend to know a locuts rail seller named Wood up there do ya?
Old August 5th, 2013 | 04:43 AM
CQR

Morning all. Well another week is upon is

Jamesbo, hope all that stuff is properly distributed . If its all on one side, it could create a pull to one side

Darrell. The scams are bad on CL. Its really easy to avoid them tho. Make sure cash is in your hand before they pic up their newly purchased item.

Paul its hard to import here due to the lack of needed emissions and safety standards.

Went and hiked with the kid and her beau (they are camping this week in the white river national forest) yesterday. exciting drive on the way home. Saw a church van (15 passenger) on its roof and peopel scrampbling to get out. (musta just happened. And at the top of the El rancho exit a Camry was having a carbeque.

Happy my daughter is trying to get stuff done up there, but very disappointed in her beau. He's an Eagle scout, and couldn't use a compass to find his way out of a paper bag. I had to help them get the fire started for the brats. It was a little breezy. not sure what they are gonna do if it storms for a day or two.

Have a great week all.
Old August 5th, 2013 | 07:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and cool here again. Yesterday morning it felt like early October! It was cold and breezy. Had rain earlier in the wee hours. Roads were dry when I left for the show, and it got warmer.

Well I didn't win squat yesterday at the show. The 50/50 was over $1200.00 by drawing time, and the lucky person bought her tickets right ahead of me. The winning number's last 3 digits were 418, and my tickets started with 420. Boy if that wasn't a bite in the a$$, lol. Just wasn't meant to be. Sure could have used that money towards my seat cover....

It was a great show. The horses and buggies were neat to see going down the road. Pretty horses. There were 250 cars at the show. Nice drive out there through Amish country.

Saturday I went to Wadsworth to the Pops show. Got a nice plaque there. I love that drive over there on those back roads, all hilly and curvy. It's just relaxing. Not near as many cars there as last year, though. There were a lot of shows around over the weekend, though.

I put $63.00 worth of gas in Teepo this weekend. I had a quarter of a tank on Saturday heading to Wadsworth - I didn't realize it was so low. I was afraid I'd run out way out there in the woods and cornfields, lol. So I pumped in $20 on my way home. Then yesterday she was almost to the E again, so I filled up in Middlefield. It was an expensive weekend. Figure $20 for entry fees, $30 for 50/50 tickets, $5 for Chinese auction tickets, and food, and there goes close to a hundred bucks! Unreal.

So....... I stopped on my way home from the show yesterday at Blues! He and Laura were home!!! I had a wonderful visit with them. It was soooooo good to see them. Blue's white wagon is just beautiful. So clean - of course. You could eat off the underneath of either of his cars, lol. Someday Teepo will look like that, lol. Hmmmm... if Blue gets bored.....

I told him to get his butt back here on the forum. So when he does, AND HE BETTER, lol, no snide comments about his absence, please! I told him we miss him and his knowledge, and he would be welcomed back with open arms!!

So Nicole and Tony went to get the Intrigue from Bob Friday afternoon. Here stupid Tony tried to use his debit card and he only had like $700 in his account, so it was turned down. Nicole texted me and I was livid!!!!!! I called her when I got off work and I SCREAMED at her, lol. I was like a crazy person or something. Felt bad afterwards, but man..... the frustration of waiting 5 months to get my car, then the kid says he has the money, now Bob probably thinks we were pulling a fast one on him or something..... anyhow I called Tony every name in the book and then some. I finally talked to his mom and she apologized all over the place. Her husband is to go this morning and pay for the car. So I hope it is done now. I'm about fed up with people.

Scot...... I ate the first peach last night!!! My God, it was like biting in to heaven, lol! Soooo sweet and juicy. I sure wish I lived there so I could get peaches like that. I'd be canning them and eating them, lol. I brought one in to work with me today so snack on later.

Clint... did you have to kill the chicken or did it just die? Poor thing.

Well you all have a good Monday. Talk to ya later on
Old August 5th, 2013 | 08:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Anudder week, another fin....

Hola, boys & girl. Weekend went by much too quickly, as usual. Aundder hot one in the swamp; was 75* this morning, and spose to get to mid-90s iffin' it doesn't rain. There's about a 40% for Elsie this afternoon, and I'm hopin' she makes her fat presence known in spades.

Jamebo, me no know many Hiawassee locals; they all "ferners" like me; locals don't much care for the ferners, 'cept when they're a cash ticket. But I'll keep my eyes peeled! And while I'm at it, I'll look for the landscape guy named "Bush" and the fisherman named "Trout."

I didn't really look at a car over the weekend, 'cept to get the bugs off the Camry and Fusion. This is the season for these tiny little critters (MUCH smaller than love bugs) that you reall can't even see until they splat on your windshield like a tiny droplet of rain. But they certainly have strength in numbers.... It's like a bug-rain 'bout every morning.

Hope your health continues to improve, Mike.

Sandy, sorry you didn't take home the loot... that would've been sweet.

Clint, sorry the beau is such an outdoor spaz. I wasn't a Scout as a kid, so at least I have an excuse. I actually have to carry a compass when I delve back into my 5 acres; I get completely turned around in the thick of things. And I sure hope nobody was seriously hurt (or worse) in those automotive casualties.

I did get to sit on my rump for a couple hours this weekend and watch a few episodes of my Highway Patrol DVDs. I'm crazy about that show; used to watch the reruns as a kid. I keep my "American Car Spotter's Guide" at my side to discern the exact years of the cars. Although Dan Mathews' quintessential cruiser is the '55 Century, he and his fellow patrolmen had many variations thru the years. They actually had a couple Mercurys in '58 and '59 and those were my fave's.

Funny, 'cause there was never any car-brand sponsorship acknowledged in the show; they never mention a marque in the descriptions; but all the cars used in the filming are current model year, and are usually pretty nice; there are generaly as many convertibles featured as hardtops & sedans (not for the cruisers, of course). It seems they actually went out of their way to avoid mentioning a single car brand. They'll always "Be on the lookout for a late model black sedan." I'm thinking: "Gollee, how things have changed." You'd be pulling a thousand cars a day over with a description like that nowadays .

But all in all, what a great little escape for about 23 minutes for a nostalgic geezer motorhead. Gotta love Broderick.

Y'all have a great day & week, Oldsmopeeps.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 5th, 2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old August 5th, 2013 | 09:16 AM
Registered

Good Morning!!
Long time no post, I hope all is well on the Olds front.
Not much up with me lately, same old same old with the cars, been pretty busy otherwise.
My grandson just turned two and is doing great. My younger daughter graduated from college at the top of her class with degrees in business and marketing and she cant find a job, nothing new there. My older daughter and her husband just bought my late mother-in-law's house so now I still have two houses to take care of, I never get a break. It's only ten minutes away so at least I don't have to put a lot of miles on my Custom Cruiser, it makes for a classy tool hauler though. My fun size cop son-in-law can only play video games, golf, and drink beer so he's not much help. Now he says he's scared of heights so I have to go clean the gutters, it's a one story ranch with a near flat roof.
I'm not complaining, my daughter has a kid and a husband, they both work, and they don't live at my house.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday Sandy, I really missed Teepo...nice to see you too.
Teepo's engine looks fine to me, her front seat seat is looking a little shabby though.
That brocade fabric looks like the same material the tuxedo jacket I wore to Laura's high school prom was made of. The pants had stripes down the sides like your trunk and hood have too.
Tuxteepo??
Old August 5th, 2013 | 11:31 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone.

Welcome back Blue. Been too long. Glad things are going well for you.

Got home a little early and didn't sleep all day. How 'bout dat? Got a couple little things to do then off to Summit.

Darrell that's funny. People scamming on couches now. "I'm on an oil rig in the south pacific and really need that couch. I've arranged for special shipping and all you need to do is...." Ah, nothing is sacred.

John that's funny about the late model black sedan. When I watched the news years ago when I lived in Illinois if there was a plane crash, didn't matter what kind of plane it was, the newscaster always said it was a twin engine Cessna. They'd show something that was clearly a single engine plane, or a Beech or a Mooney, and they'd still call it a twin engine Cessna.

Jamesbo you're doing great with the Suburban. Have you found anything yet that you've been missing for awhile or forgot you had?

Sandy don't count how much you spend in gas. It will only depress you. Last week when I came home from Summit I stopped at a station that had ethanol-free gas. Filled up for 4.09/gal. Got back home and the station by my house was 3.49. Eh, it's only money.

Tonight I'm going to get some Brad Penn motor oil for the convertible. I don't know how long that oil has been in there and I know it's Mobil 1. Might be nice to do something nice for the cam.

Okay gonna go do something then head out. Catch you all later.
Old August 5th, 2013 | 11:38 AM

Well Welcome back to de fold Blue, You've been missed my dear friend.

Shot 41/43 and enjoyed every drop of colorado Koolaide on de back side.