The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What? You mean the Christmas light are supposed to come down? I don't think so. There's a clip holding every light - all 150 of them. It is a major PITA to take them down and put them up again. Besides, these are the LED ones that are supposed to be impervious to UV and IR fading.

I did not invite the snow. It came out of nowhere and was as welcome as a visit from the mother in law. Guess in a way the snow was good, it kept the old witch from hopping on her broom and coming over. I don't really care for my MIL if you haven't guessed by now.

Yeah, frozen isn't the same as pizzeria! When I lived in Dayton the best pan pizza I ever had was down town. Huge slabs for cheap! Just keep one hand on your wallet.

The 70 material is different than 72.
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Allan, take it away before Sandy sees it!

I'm not ready for that stuff yet. This is good driving weather with nice cool air.
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I know what you mean. I just watched the news and out West in BC (where JoAnne wants to move) the temps are 17-20 still. I see you guys are around the 14-15 mark so it's not bad there still? Only thing bad about the s word? People out here still haven't adjusted to any type of weather changes. I talked to my neighbor who's a police officer. Says last night with the rain the number of collisions was way up, almost like when the first snowfall. When will peeps learn the car doesn't have magic braking ability?
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:05 AM
CQR

Mornin all. The missus was not very bright and bushy tailed this morning. I'm glad I don't have to work with her today.

150 clips hangin on those gutters? What is the GGW(Gross Gutter weight) of those things? If we tried that all the critters would have a Heyday? I think I'm getting the squirrel population down to a manageable level. I think i've taken out 20 or better. It seems the word is getting around the rodent world. There seem to be a bunch still around, but they seem to stay clear of the Raymond homestead.

Bowled above average last night but the opposing team brought their A game. We lost all 4.

Allan, Looks to me that your neighbor has a little too much money. He can leave the expensive toys out in the snow AND leave his garage wide open. I cringe every time I hear my furnace in the garage kick on. I'd put a Franklin in there if I had any spare floorspace.

Well it's been over a year that the kids been clean. Thank goodness. That also means its been over a year since I've raced. They have a race on Sunday that I may go enter. I won't place very well since I have only ridden a couple of times in the last year. Not sure how the wife will feel about that.

John I missed the 60's by a couple of years, but I sure enjoyed the culture from that era. The clothing fabric and colors are not part of that enjoyment.

Have a great day all.
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Where's Jamesbo??? It's a crisp 34 here, but sunny. Heading towards the 50's for the high today. Should be a nice night at Bellacino's.....

Allan R.... Thanks for the info! I had to put Teepos trim code in the blanks on the SMS website, so hopefully they will know it's cloth with the vinyl material. I will be sooo happy if they have the material!! I was wondering about the vinyl parts of the seats ( or naugahyde as you said). I don't know if that is put on seperately or if it's all one piece together?? And...... please keep that snow up your way, ok??

Clint.... Congrats on the anniversary! It's a great thing!!! I'm so glad she straightened out. I sometimes wonder about The Colonel's daughter and how she's doing. She had that anorexia..... Boy I miss The Colonel.

Mike..... you've never made a frozen pizza?? Amazing, lol. Try DiGiorno or Freschetta Supreme pizza. I think they're the best of the frozen pizzas. DiGiorno has a good Pepperoni with garlic crust.

Well The Vampire Diaries comes back on tonight, finally! Elana is gonna be a vampire now, though. So I have to record Last Resort and The Vampire Diaries, and we'll have to go in Nicole's room to watch our other 2 shows. We can only record 2 shows. The friggin debates are taking off the other comedy shows we usually watch. I'll be sooooooo glad when this is all over!!

Clay is coming in late this morning. His youngest daughter had something going on at the school. It's so quiet when he's not here. I hate it, lol!

Well have a great day all!
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:53 AM

Clear and chili dis mawn'in. I hate winter.

Speak'in of Canada an snow, WTH is Ken? I thought of the baby seal joke he told dis mawn'in.

Mike, I needs to go to de Aweful House dis mawn'in and get me a big old bowl of hot grits. My feets is freez'in

GTG to de tag office a-gain
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all...

It's a decent enough mornin'... about 65* w/ no chance of rain; "the muggies" are setting in, tho', with humidity firmly in the 80s. Gets downright sticky in afternoon when it's in mid-80s, temperature wise.

Allan... Yeah, dem gatorz would be blocks of ice in CO
And the term "gay" hadn't even been coined when Liberace was floating across stages in the 60s. Gay still meant "happy" -- which he, BTW, was.... I tell ya', he captivated audiences... just ask Jamesbo, who is WAY older than I am.... Whenever he came on Ed Sullivan or Hollywood Palace or anything else, everyone watched. He was a very charismatic guy.

Mike, hope Seinfeld was good. I've been watching Season 9, which is the final season; things were really crazy, the second year after Larry David quit. Last one I watched was "The Merv Griffin Show." How crazy can you get? I think they kept asking themselves that question.

Has anybody seen Jerry's latest venture, "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," which is on Crackle (on the Web)? It's great -- if you like Jerry. The last episode has him reunited with Michael Richards. And before that, Jerry pays a visit to Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner.

And true to the title, he always has some special car he's tooling around in, and they always go get coffee somewhere. In the episode with Michael, he had an unrestored '60s VW "pickup" that was actually used at a Porche dealership in southern CA for decades.

In the episode with Mel and Carl, Jerry and Carl go get breakfast in a Rolls Royce (right up your alley, Mike ); and then he takes a gorgeous lime-green '70 Porche 911S to Carl's house, where he, Mel, and Carl reminisce and eat a (quite substantial) repast.

You can watch it on your Blu-ray if you're connected to the Web. But you can go straight to Crackle.com and watch them there, if you haven't seen them.

Have a great Thursday, Oldsmopeeps....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 11th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Thursday everyone

Going to head out to the Noxious House shortly and meet up with the boys. There's absolutely nothing special about the place and the food isn't that great so mostly I just go for coffee and a chat. Besides they charge 11.00 for a 5.50 breakfast!

Clint - relax, they're plastic clips. If the eaves can handle the torrential rains we get during the summer, they will hold those lights. Far as my 'rich neighbor'? That's Dale - he's a police officer. That boat is a 4 year old Jetliner that he bought new - it only has 17 hours on it. He was winterizing it. Guess he picked the right day huh? Another 3 days and it will be his 7th wedding anniversary. Dale's a great guy - he used to be a Yota mech and has been very helpful with my project from time to time. I'd kill to have his tool boxes. About an hour after that picture, he had the boat hooked up and towed out to the winter storage lot.

Sandy - hope that color pattern works for you. re: the material. It's a composite of the naugahyde and cloth, so they are stitched together, not overlaid. If you order the upholstery from Legendary, it will be a proper cloth from what I've been told. If it's not? They are good for customer service, and I'm sure your CS wont be the first one they've produced seat covers for.

Jamesbo - ya hates winter? welcome to de club. Dis mawnin the temp was a frosty 27° an de forecast high is onlee 37°. De remains of yesterdays snow n rain has turned to ice. hope its gone by friday.

Ken - Sup bro? Ya gots ta make an occasional appearance here or Jamesbo might have to reserve a plot for ya. Can't be all THAT busy at work.

Well, time for a quick S,S,S,S and I'm on my way. Also got to do some shopping for a 220 motor control switch
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Always room for one more

Hey good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work. We repacked a strut and a few other things. Now the pressure is off. Monday is over and it's almost Friday.

John, Seinfeld hasn't been on it's been baseball. I used to watch the White Sox until they knocked down the park. I guess I was a fan of the ballpark and not the team. Not a Cubs fan but I respect them, they are hard-core. I haven't seen much of Jerry since Seinfeld ended. It's funny, I don't really like anything he's done afterward so I don't follow him much. But I'll stop what I'm doing to watch a rerun.

Jamesbo get yourself to the Awful house pronto! You want me to make you a reservation?

Clint I'm glad the girl is doing well. I looked up your garage on the internet, that's a cool website, I like the little history lesson. If my buddy didn't drive dull Subaru's I'd send him to you for service. He's about 18 miles away.

You know we haven't seen Steve around for awhile, either.

Sup Paul.

Allan what's the fourth S?

Okay time to hit the sack. Gonna be a nice day here, it could warm up a little for my liking but no rain (or snow!) so that's a plus. Have a great day everyone.
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:38 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning everyone ...

Sandy - DiGiorno ? is that French ?

Clint - Them dang squirrels were terrorizing my tomatoe plants all summer , but my kids had their eyes on me so I wouldn't harm the " Cute Squirrels " as my kids would put it . This is a very busy time of year for them little furry creatures ( The Squirrels ) and X2 on the missus . mine seems to have a lot of those moments . It reminds me of the American Woman song from the Guess Who .

John - I use to love watching Seinfeld . I think my favorite charecters were Krammer , Neuman , and George's boss in that order .

Allan - You hate winter ? Man you picked the wrong place to live . Do you have to replace those plastic clips ? They seem to get brittle after a while .... at least that was what I experienced anyhow .

Well I managed to get a decent night sleep for a change . I think I got a whole 6-1/2 to 7 hrs ! Yesterday my Mother - in - law had to go to the hospital ( long story ), so I got to come home from work early .... See sometimes MIL's are great ! She will be ok . She had a brain tumor removed years ago , and has issues every now and again . I really feel sorry for the doctors and nurses though having to deal with her ! ( another long story ). Well time to go and dig through my kids room to straighten and find things . I would have them do it , but they seem to just mask the problem by jamming everything in the closet ! Have a good day .
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM

"I've been in the pool"
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Enjoying the balmy weather

Bry, do you mean Mr. Steinbrenner? BTW, it's kinda' dangerous gettin' me started on Seinfeld. I can't pick a favorite character, although Kramer seems to pop to mind first, every time I try to think of one.

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
Good Morning everyone ...
John - I use to love watching Seinfeld . I think my favorite charecters were Krammer , Neuman , and George's boss in that order .
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Allan R.... I looked on Legendary and did not see the green brocade cloth seats.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM

Allan R.... I looked on Legendary and did not see the green brocade cloth seats
Sandy, you won't find that material at any of the usual places, SMS is a very good place to get your fabric, they have a good reputation. Talk with some of the regulars at your car shows to get a reference for a good upholstery shop.
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Dan.... I ordered the samples yesterday from SMS - I'm anxious to see. I will ask the guys at Bellacino's tonight about other places than Portage Trim around here.
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

WINTER ROCKS!!!!!! The cold kills all those nasty deseases and keeps me in business so I can afford to save Cutlasses!
Besides, when it gets too cold for pool, I jump into hot tub
Clint, good to hear about kid, good stuff
Allan, you have mail........

Ted
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM

I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking
and driving.

As you well know some of us have been known to have had rare
brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd
social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks, with some
friends and had a few too many beers and some shots.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit I did
something I've never done before???? I took a bus home.

Sure enough, I passed a DUI checkpoint, but because it was a bus,
they just waved it through.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise,
as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it!
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo - I bremeber postin dat in de humor sexshun a ways back. Still luv it tho.

Sandy - My apologies, I thought Legendary would have had that material. Best of luck with the SMS swatch.

Dan - thx! I didn't realize Legendary only did the naugahyde and vinyl.

Bryan - just because I live here doesn't mean I love winter. I had no choice in the matter - I was born here. re: clips? Yes, I imagine they need to be changed every 5 or 10 years. I'm not planning to change them until I have to. Brain tumors are nothing to mess with. If she survived that she probably has a new outlook on life. You can fix your kids problem of jamming the closet by putting one of your fenders in there.

Mikey!! - You don't know? Shower, shave, $hit, shinola!(do the shoes) S'prised at ya son!

Ted - Check ed the mail box but nothing there! LOL I know, I got your PM.

Just got back from a visit with the Dome Hepot. Their electricians would electrocute each other. Finally got the 220 wall switch so I can get my monster compressor running. Think I'll wait till the noisy neighbors are going to sleep before I run it for the 20 minute break in cycle. She's a noisy one. Sounds like an old Stearman rotary.
Old October 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Allan R
Bryan - If she survived that she probably has a new outlook on life.
The sad part is she doesn't have a different outlook on life . She was not a very nice person before she got sick , and she got worse afterwords . I probably shouldn't say anything on here , but I feel bad for my wife when I think about these things , because before her mom got sick , she treated her daughter pretty badly .
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Always room for one more

Evening all.

What a bad day for sleeping. The dogs woke me up all day long. I just couldn't get it into their heads to leave me alone. When I finally got up to fix their supper, I fixed something for myself and then went back to bed. I think I'd still be there except a friend of mine called at 730 and woke me up.

Allan I've always heard it called S, S, and S. I didn't know what the last S was for. I never wear shoes that require polishing. By the way, what is curling?

John remember George's first boss, Rick, whom he tried to poison at the company party because after George quit Rick wouldn't let him come back.

Sandy it was a DiGiorno pizza. The instructions said preheat the oven to 400 then cook the pizza for 18 minutes. But for less crispy crust, cook at 425 for 18-23 minutes. It was against my better judgement but I cooked it at 425 for 18 minutes, and needless to say the crust was like shoe leather. I think I'll stick with the regular pizza from now on.

Bryan what does it cost to get into the Milwaukee zoo these days? I was there in 1982 and it was 3 bucks. Come to think of it that was the last time I was in Milwaukee.

Time for Day 2. Hope everyone has a nice evening. Friday is upon us.
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Ha ha ha! Curling is a REAL Man's sport. Have fun at work with those shoes that don't need polishing!
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike with those frozen pizzas, I usually throw out the pizza and eat the box. They taste about the same to me.

Curling

is like shuffle board except it's played on ice and you try to get closest to the bullseye and knock your opponents stones out of the way

and you have sweepers that try to keep the stone true for you after you release the stone

I can't believe you haven't heard of it. Some people go all out

Like this guy

And this guy

It's an old sport

Old October 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM
NOVICE car nut

Jamesbo - That was great ! I needed a laugh

Mike - I'm not sure on the cost to get in to the zoo , but I know it's more then $3 . Me and the family will go at certain times so we don't have to pay for parking which is expensive from what I remember .

Allan - I think we don't have that Curling you speak of here . I use to Curl at one time in life , but it was a little different . It didn't matter what you wore , and all you needed was a glass mug and a bar stool .

I have to agree on the frozen pizza thing . If you do get a good one you pay a fortune for it . you may as well get take out at that point .
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - interesting spin on what curling is. Not exactly the way we see it up here. Love the women sweepers BTW. 100% on it being an Old sport. They actually used to play on frozen rivers.

the idea however is to Stare the rock into submission

This is Kevin Martin - Brier, World and Olympic Champion. He curls at our club so I take advantage of watching him and learning. Great guy to talk to. He owns and runs Kevin's Rocks and Racquets at the Saville Sport Center. His front end is really awesome. One day when I grow up, I'm going to the Olympics too! Either that or I wanna be the siren on a fire truck.
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:02 AM
NOVICE car nut

Scot - interesting spin on what curling is. Not exactly the way we see it up here. Love the women sweepers BTW. 100% on it being an Old sport. They actually used to play on frozen rivers.

the idea however is to Stare the rock into submission

This is Kevin Martin - Brier, World and Olympic Champion. He curls at our club so I take advantage of watching him and learning. Great guy to talk to. He owns and runs Kevin's Rocks and Racquets at the Saville Sport Center. His front end is really awesome. One day when I grow up, I'm going to the Olympics too! Either that or I wanna be the siren on a fire truck.
It's a very interesting sport . I like trying anything new , and could see myself really getting into it . I love competition ..... Back in my bar days , I was pretty good at pool and especially darts ..... at one point I could hit the bullseye with almost every dart I threw . I came within 1 dart of having a perfect game in 301 a few times , and had a 5 round cricket game once .
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Wamer wit a little drizzle ids mawn'in. [I likes it warmer]

I wish my teeth were as pretty as Joe's He must have one heck of a dental plan.

I've seen Curl'in on TV befo but really don't know much 'bout it. I guess it's because we don't have many frozen lakes 'round ere.

De weather in different parts of de world really is interest'in.

Scot, When I was a pup we couldn't go fish'in on Sunday. My grand mother was a "deep water" Baptist. [used lakes not immersion pools]
Now think 'bout dis one. How many Baptist Eskimos ya ever heard of? Yep it's gotta be de weather.

Mike, Ya not gonnna beleive dis but I remember when Hotlanta had exactly ONE pizza place. Betcha da got 1000 today

I like mine wit alot of anchovies [fuzzy salty fish]

TGIF Olds friends.
Old October 12th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Friday, Oldsmofolks...

Allan, I always thought the 4th "s" was for shampoo.... butt whut duz I no?

Mike, yeah, Rick was great.... so obnoxiously funny. George "slipped him a mickey."

George had quite a few bosses thru the years... all memorable... that's why I wasn't sure if Bryan meant Mr. Steinbrenner, who was the longest lived. The one time the Big Stein really was supposed to be on the show (Season 7) he was edited out. That out-take (with Elaine in the cafe) is included in the Season 7 DVDs).

Well, let me don my spelunking hat and get down to the salt mine....

Mikey!! - You don't know? Shower, shave, $hit, shinola!(do the shoes) S'prised at ya son!
Old October 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Bryan, Sorry for what you're goin thru. Sometimes its hard havin to deal with family.

Allan, does swiffer sponsor any teams?

Jamesbo, I agree they are picture perfect. Is there a catalog that he picked them out of?

Mike I hope you can catch some more ZZZ's today. I didn't get near enough last night. Couldn't turn the ol' bean off. It's friday at least. Mayhap I can get a nap in tomorrow.

Sandy, I'm Sorry I really don't know much about the Colonel. I think he was before my time here on CO. I came home to find my kid had a friend over. Seems like a nice boy. I did tell him that he may need to let his hair grow out, so it can cover up his redneck. He's enrolled in my alma-mater. But he is only studying Diesel repair, but thinking about adding welding to the curriculum.

She had made an appointment to see if we could figure out why my *** was soo itchy. All the hair is rubbed off and in some places its been rubbed to bleeding. Come to find out its not a fungal issue at all, but a lice infestation.

It's gonna be cooler and sounds like its gonna rain. Funny thing. Out east a 20% chance of rain usually means clear skies, and here in the high desert, 20% chance means grab your raincoat.
Have a great Friday everyone.
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool - in the low 40's this morning, cloudy right now, but supposed to clear up as the day goes on. I likes it warmer too, Jamesbo!

It was down right cold last night at Bellacino's, lol. We were all bundled up. It was windy, and it just seemed to cut right through ya once the sun went down. They had the 50/50 drawing at 6:30 and we were all leaving by 7:15, as it was already dark.

It was a nice crowd for the last cruise in. There will be a Christmas party over there on Dec. 10th. I think they will have the monthly get togethers all winter like they had last year. That will be nice.

One of the prizes last night was a $300 complete vehicle, including engine, detail package given by Don Sitts!! Also a free oil change with it. I'd have liked to got that! I didn't win anything.

Weather is still looking good for the show at Rockwell tomorrow. Teepo is excited to be so close to home! I am too, lol.

Well Brian is off today!!!!!! I'm enjoying the quiet in here. He hasn't been off since July. I was ready for a break, lol.

Work has really slowed down. Larry isn't getting anything in either, after busting butt all summer long. It's scary. I just hope it's all this election crap, and things will pick up after it's over.

Anyone watch that farce they called a debate last night.... besides me and Clint?? I agreed with your FB comment, Clint. God help us......

Well you all have a great Friday!!
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Cutlass Lover

......She had made an appointment to see if we could figure out why my *** was soo itchy. All the hair is rubbed off and in some places its been rubbed to bleeding. Come to find out its not a fungal issue at all, but a lice infestation.

Clint...... Now that's funny right there and I don't care who you are!! Hope your *** gets to
feeling better.......
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Not a bad night at work. It was sunny at the airport this morning but when I got home it's all cloudy and gloomy. The weather person said it was raining up on the north side, maybe if the sun isn't out the dogs will be a little more calm. Of course if it starts raining, I'll be in big trouble.

Clint, oh nevermind. Hope you get better quick.

Jamesbo that is a little hard to believe. One pizza place in all of Atlanta? I hope you're not going to tell me you remember when the place was called Terminus.

John I think if I were to get Seinfeld DVDs I'd never leave the house. I say that about a hot tub also. So that's what I need. A hot tub to sit in while I watch Seinfeld. It would be super heated and I could reverse my peep hole so no one will ambush me with a sock full of pennies.

Sandy with all that room you have at your place you should have a car show there. Then Tincanio can be in it and Larry's truck.

Bryan back in my bar days all I was good at was drinking a lot and oddly enough, getting home without getting into any trouble. Glad those days are over.

Okay guess where I'm going. And before 1030 even. Hope everyone has a good day and is ready for the weekend.
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM
NOVICE car nut

Just got back from a visit with the Dome Hepot. Their electricians would electrocute each other. Finally got the 220 wall switch so I can get my monster compressor running. Think I'll wait till the noisy neighbors are going to sleep before I run it for the 20 minute break in cycle. She's a noisy one. Sounds like an old Stearman rotary.
LOL , another Deja vu moment from when I asked an employee of Home Depot for advice on anything about electricity . They use terms such as .... " I Think " or " I Believe " .... That's the last thing I want to hear when I'm planning on hooking up electrical wiring ! ..... You may be a bit more fortunate when it comes to neighbors . I already mentioned the crazy one , and the ones north of my moms house are just plain jerks ! My parents had that house built in 62 , and it was the first house on that block ( last house on the left on a dead end street ). There was always a field north of their house that was finally developed about 8yrs ago . ( There's a reason no one built houses there , because of the water table under the ground ) All the houses on the block are Ranch style houses , and the new houses are big two story houses ... They hate when I decide to make any kind of noise , no matter how respectable I'm trying to be , but it's ok for the psychopath to run his edge trimmer , leaf blower , and lawn mower everyday . I especially liked the time him and the neighbor were playing tug-o-war with the guys leaf blower , because he blew leaves in the guys car parked on the street in front of his house . It was a kodak moment .

Clint - Uhhh , I'm not even going to comment on your **** . Get some cream .

Sandy - X2 on the election crap ! I'm tired of hearing the liars bash each other . What ever happened to the days when they told us what they were going to actually do ?

John - Yes , I was refering to Mr . Steinbrenner .... He always cracked me up . I especially liked the episode when Krammer was trying to stalk this guy to see if he was on drugs , and went into this bar to watch him to where he lite up a cigarette to try and fit in , and ended up putting the cig in his mouth backwords . Funny stuff !

Jamesbo - Speaking of fishing .... This was the first time in over 20yrs I didn't buy a fishing license for the season , so it was no Walleye , and Salmon fishing for me this year . My son and I did manage to find a good Bluegill spot while camping this summer though . He caught a Bluegill that was close to being the biggest one I ever seen !

Well back to the kids room to sort and straighten some more . The weekend is almost upon us , and time for more sandblasting

edit.... My kids room is comparable to the trash that's floating in shore from the Japan earthquake ! I got more dust in my nose then I did sandblasting !

Last edited by oldsguybry; October 12th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Clint you can't sit down at those truck stops That's all I gotta say bout that

Jamesbo I've never been around that part of the cut and dry bible belt and I could understand why they wouldn't fish on Sunday. But fishing is relaxing and I was always taught to relax on Sunday And with the fuzzy fish, I like them too but with five to one odds I can never get em on my pizza It's hard enough to get any good stuff on any pizza around here with the finicky girls. At least the youngest likes mushrooms and black olives.

Seinfeld is a good show. I like Kramer's antics as well but the soup guy episode is pretty darn funny.

Yall have a great Friday and a safe weekend.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

It's finally Friday
Like that means something to a retired guy.....

Drove Graeme to college this mawnin because he has this building model that would probably get broken on the bus. Traffic flowed unusually well and it only took about 20 minutes. Only saw 4 crazy people on the drive. Last night I had to go pick him up in Sherwood Park. On the way there the highway turned into a parking lot. Completely blocked for about 1/2 hour while police cleared a bad collision. Air ambulance was needed and was parked right in the middle of the 3 lane road. Someone got hurt pretty bad.

Jamesbo - ah, de joys of fishin on de Sabbath. Glad I dint have a strict Baptist Mom. We usta go wit de ol Germanium neighbor bout 3x a month. Mostly I never caught nuthin, but I dint try to hard neither. Dint wanna hafta clean em. Weird weather? Ya naildit.

Adrian - I didn't do it. I swear. Saw on the news you guys got dumped on with a foot of snow. (Ok - over there I'm thinking you got around 25 cm of the white stuff). Oz made it onto even the Canuck news. What was that? First white October in ???? years?

Clint - Better idea. Don't grab your raincoat and drown them suckers. Aw heck, whatta I know bout that? Never had them, don't want to either. Kind of surprised you would put something like that out for a comment though. You must be bored or something. And yes, Swiffer is a curling sponsor of my favorite team - Glenn Howard rink

Mike - I guess you're going to.......Florida, ya that's the ticket. Florida! Don't burst my bubble and say something like Awful House now

Bryan - I played darts too. But never was that good at it. I'll stick with curling.

Sandy - have fun in the office. BTW I did watch the Ryan/Biden debate if you could call it that. But I could only take so much of it - 1/2 hour before the same old pattern emerged. Ryan = blah blah blah blah. Biden - ha ha ha ha ha ha. Let me correct you on that.....blah blah blah blah. I feel sorry for you guys. I will say that the debates are better managed than the Canadian ones though, and we have commercials in ours too! Something to break the BS barrier a bit.

Scot - So that makes 3 of us that like anchovies. I think there's others that just too chicken to admit it.

John - LOL. ya mean let me get my hip waders and bs shovel....

Purty soon it'll be 5:00 and quittin time!
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
CQR

Now that I have everyone's attention.
Meet Earl, my ***. With my beautiful bride riding it (like usual)
Attachment 173936
And his sore spot.
Attachment 173937
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

LOL Clint I have to admit you had me going

Still prolly ought to heed my advice from earlier though
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
NOVICE car nut

Ha Ha Clint , I'm glad you cleared things up about the *** thing !( no pun intended )
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....Clint! You da man! Totally had us.

BTW, I wouldn't be letting the bride ride your *** specially if it has lice....

You rock buddy!!
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
NOVICE car nut

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....Clint! You da man! Totally had us.

BTW, I wouldn't be letting the bride ride your *** specially if it has lice....

You rock buddy!!
Lmao , that's even better !! You Rock Allan !

I'm not sure if the title to this thread applies anymore

Last edited by oldsguybry; October 12th, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

....Totally had us.

Not me.... I already knew he was talkin bout Earl, lol! That sore looks nasty - sure hope you get it cleared up. Nothin worse than a sore on your ***, lol!