The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2023, 08:44 AM

Hey guys,

I posted this separately under the "Clubhouse" forum looking for some help, but thought I'd paste it in here too because you might find it interesting,

So yesterday I was watching coverage of the British Open Golf Championship on NBC, and a commercial comes on advertising the upcoming NFL season which is starting soon. During the commercial there is a very short 4 or 5 second clip of an Aquamarine '67 4-4-2 with a Detroit Lions logo on the passenger side door. The clip doesn't show the whole car, just the passenger door with the Lion's logo and front fender area with the tri-color 4-4-2 badge.

Why do I think this is my car? When I bought the car in 2018, the previous owner told me the car was used in a 2016 NFL Detroit Lions pregame segment which featured the car driving around to various Detroit historic sites. He told me at the time I bought the car that he had a copy of that footage and he would send it to me, but later told me he was unable to find the CD to make me a copy. So, this is why I am 99.9% sure the car in this latest commercial is mine. I've searched online since yesterday trying to find a post of the commercial I saw yesterday, but have been unable to locate it. I am not sure if it is an "NFL" corporate commercial or an NBC Sports commercial, but I'd sure like to find a copy online if possible. If any of you guys out there are good online sleuths and can find it, I'd sure appreciate you giving me a heads-up and dropping me a link to where I can find it. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old July 24th, 2023, 12:38 PM

You know it's hot when this happens:

Disturbed postpones Phoenix show after equipment fails in extreme heat

https://ktar.com/story/5520130/sound-of-silence-disturbed-postpones-phoenix-show-after-equipment-fails-in-extreme-heat/

PHOENIX – Disturbed was forced to postpone its outdoor concert in Phoenix over the weekend because the powerhouse metal band’s equipment couldn’t handle the heat.
Old July 24th, 2023, 01:38 PM

Greg my exhuast is made the same way, with the first converter incorporated into the exhuast manifold. They do everything they can to make it difficult for us to work on them. I'll be watching for pics of the truck with the new paint. Chris, I saw a still of that NFL/Lions ad on another site, haven't seen it on ESPN or any other network as of yet. Been fighting a losing battle with my short term disablity (DENIED!), and now the FMLA has been denied as well. Take my insurance premiums and shove them into the shareholders pockets. Why bother trying to cover myself at all? #@*&%!
Old July 24th, 2023, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Greg my exhuast is made the same way, with the first converter incorporated into the exhuast manifold. They do everything they can to make it difficult for us to work on them. I'll be watching for pics of the truck with the new paint. Chris, I saw a still of that NFL/Lions ad on another site, haven't seen it on ESPN or any other network as of yet. Been fighting a losing battle with my short term disablity (DENIED!), and now the FMLA has been denied as well. Take my insurance premiums and shove them into the shareholders pockets. Why bother trying to cover myself at all? #@*&%!
Dan - That really sucks about the denial of the short term disability, WTF do you have insurance for if they're going to do you that way! Numnuts can't see the forest for the trees. What are they gonna do if it gets worse because you can't give it adequate rest, deny you other type of treatment! I wish you better luck!

If you think about where you saw the still photo, let me know where the the site is.

Old July 24th, 2023, 02:41 PM
Running On Empty

Harman doesn’t have the stones to play at that level. 😃😂
Old July 24th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Running On Empty

https://youtube.com/shorts/uKyEuoekxNg?feature=share
Old July 25th, 2023, 03:57 AM

Hey guys,

Here's an update on that NFL commercial that aired during the British Open that I am sure has a clip of my 4-4-2 in it.

I found where the Golf Channel was airing a replay of the Final Round of the British Open late last night and this morning and I recorded it. I found the commercial in question and played it. I now know why they had the 4-4-2 with the Lion's logo on it in the commercial. The kickoff game of the NFL regular season on September 7th is a Thursday night game hosted by the reigning Super Bowl Champs the KC Chiefs against the Lions. I snapped these two pictures from the commercial. One while the commercial was paused, and the 2nd while it was playing. I am sure this is my '67 4-4-2, and the clip was excerpted from previous footage shot when the car was featured in the pregame segment when the 2 teams played back in 2016!

Old July 25th, 2023, 04:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Had a great weekend with my friend working on stuff. We got the blue van running, after about 6 attempts. Little things kept popping up we'd have to address then we'd run out of time. Well it finally runs and I'm thrilled. I'm going to get it insured and registered this week then drive the wheels off it.

Chris that's pretty cool about the car. It clearly has SS1 wheels in the commercial, don't you have a set you want to swap on? I once owned a 59 Ford Skyliner that was brown and white. I bought it from a guy in Chicago and he said he'd take it up to the Kruse show in I believe Indiana. Years ago I was watching My Classic Car and Dennis Gage was at a Kruse show, and for one of the lead in shots they had an overview of the show field. Right there as plain as day was a brown and white Skyliner. I'm certain that was my car. Also, in 2000 I took the Amphicar to Celina, OH, for the big Amphicar club shindig. Dennis Gage was there with his crew and my car was on the show twice. Once we were all lined up and the camera walked past the back end of the car, and one of the lead ins was me swimming and it played for several seconds.

Short week for me, no rain predicted, I plan to get a lot done. I plan to.

Have a good day everyone.

Old July 25th, 2023, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Had a great weekend with my friend working on stuff. We got the blue van running, after about 6 attempts. Little things kept popping up we'd have to address then we'd run out of time. Well it finally runs and I'm thrilled. I'm going to get it insured and registered this week then drive the wheels off it.

Chris that's pretty cool about the car. It clearly has SS1 wheels in the commercial, don't you have a set you want to swap on? I once owned a 59 Ford Skyliner that was brown and white. I bought it from a guy in Chicago and he said he'd take it up to the Kruse show in I believe Indiana. Years ago I was watching My Classic Car and Dennis Gage was at a Kruse show, and for one of the lead in shots they had an overview of the show field. Right there as plain as day was a brown and white Skyliner. I'm certain that was my car. Also, in 2000 I took the Amphicar to Celina, OH, for the big Amphicar club shindig. Dennis Gage was there with his crew and my car was on the show twice. Once we were all lined up and the camera walked past the back end of the car, and one of the lead ins was me swimming and it played for several seconds.
Mike - Sure glad you had a nice visit with your buddy, getting another "driver" on the road is a plus. Sure sounds like you got me beat in the area of TV footage of your vehicles! Back before I owned my car, I was on my way up to Michigan to look at a couple cars, and I took a side trip to some Classic Car place very close to the lake/s there in Celina.

Ya, I still have the repro SS1's (pic) that were on my car when that commercial was shot. The previous owner threw them in as part of the deal. I still haven't tried them on my car because I seem to get so many compliments on the ones I have on there now. The SS1's/tires are in my basement so they're not deteriorating, maybe I'll put them on one of these days.

Old July 25th, 2023, 07:09 AM

Chris I am glad you found the footage as I was coming up dry. Your car looks better with SSI's, in my opinion.
Old July 25th, 2023, 07:22 AM

“Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.”

Old July 25th, 2023, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Chris I am glad you found the footage as I was coming up dry. Your car looks better with SSI's, in my opinion.
John - Thanks for looking! I'm glad I found the promo too. After seeing this latest promo again, the portion showing my car is extremely short, maybe 3 seconds tops. It is so short it was difficult for me to time the snap of a still pic while the video was playing. I finally got a decent one after several tries. Thanks for the nudge to put the SS1's on. I bought all new Acorn lug nuts to put on them, but obviously I still have not been able to pull the trigger.
Old July 25th, 2023, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
“Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.”
Yep, just like an oven, or in your case a blast furnace!
Old July 25th, 2023, 10:47 AM

Chris Cool
Old July 25th, 2023, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris Cool
Thanks Jim!
Old July 25th, 2023, 12:56 PM

Chris, you had better luck than me, I tried several searches using the combo of NFL, Detroit Lions, and promo/ad with no luck. I'm thinking that you used some old contacts with the gummermint to find it .
Old July 25th, 2023, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, you had better luck than me, I tried several searches using the combo of NFL, Detroit Lions, and promo/ad with no luck. I'm thinking that you used some old contacts with the gummermint to find it .
Dan - Thanks for trying to find it for me, much appreciated! You may have just missed my explanation above on how I found it. The Golf Channel (which is under NBC), was airing a replay of the entire final round of the British Open late last night into early this morning so I recorded the whole thing and then reviewed it this morning and found the promo for the NFL regular season kickoff game between the Chiefs and Lions on September 7th. I had searched and searched and searched everywhere else for the same promo and couldn't find it anywhere. I'm guessing we'll see it more as we get closer to the game?

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; July 25th, 2023 at 02:02 PM.
Old July 26th, 2023, 06:38 AM

Good morning guys,

We're in the throws of another mini heat wave. Supposed to be 99° today, 102° tomorrow, 100° Friday, and 98° Saturday, with a Heat Index of +110° each day. Not registering on the "Kenneth Scale", but still making it miserable for anything outside.

I guess the car event planners knew what they were doing because there are no Car Shows planned anywhere nearby this coming weekend. The only game in town is a large cruise-in that is held every Friday at a Sonic about 30-miles away. I was going to go to it just to get the car out this week, but with the extreme heat forecast on Friday there's no way I'm going to sit out on the asphalt with a +110 Heat Index.

No other big plans for the week, just hanging out and trying to stay cool. Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old July 26th, 2023, 07:20 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful and hot. It's been nice the last couple days but back up to frying pan today. I still like hot but I can't handle it quite like I could before. So I just go inside. I know Kenneth just laughs when we say it's so hot.

Chris I wasn't trying to one-up you, just mentioning my 10 seconds of fame. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame, so I only have 14:50 to go. You probably went to Custom Rods and Muscle in Celina. They have some nice stuff but they are very proud of it.

Yesterday and evidently Monday the crew finished our 165 wheels by lunch and we sat around until 2ish. Looks like this will be day 3. I'm gonna see if I can leave when we're done. I have a couple errands I want to do and also I need to take Mom to the doctor. A couple hours in the middle of the week would really help out. Every week.

Okay have a good day everyone.

Old July 26th, 2023, 07:35 AM

Good morning everyone.

Chris I wasn't trying to one-up you, just mentioning my 10 seconds of fame. They say everyone gets 15 minutes of fame, so I only have 14:50 to go. You probably went to Custom Rods and Muscle in Celina. They have some nice stuff but they are very proud of it.
Mike - No worries, I didn't think that for a second. It was cool hearing that you had seen a couple of your car's, and yourself, in car videos. Yep, now that you mention it, that was the dealer I went to in Celina. The '65 4-4-2 I looked at there was half the quality of the '67 I eventually bought, and more expensive. I looked at most of their cars while I was there, in multiple buildings, and you're right, they're very proud of them!
Old July 26th, 2023, 05:00 PM

My wallet is lighter this week, One pair of prescription safety glasses, bi focal, no line, one pair of single vsion sunglasses, and a new pair of daily wear glasses, no line bi focal, plus a crown. Cha ching! Eye exam found a cataract in my left eye, he said in two to three years that I will need surgery. I guess the good out of that is I won't have to buy anymore glasses, or just a monocle. A bit of rain came through today, I had 3.750" in my rain gauge. Several roads flooded, and of course people had to drive through them, and promptly stalled. We had so little rain in both May and June, that we were in a drought, that changed in a hurry.
Old July 26th, 2023, 05:18 PM

Dan - That was one helluva rain! We could sure use some around here. We had about 10-minutes of light rain here in the middle of the day. Just enough to drive the humidity through the roof. Felt like you were walking into a sauna when you stepped outside.
Old July 26th, 2023, 08:08 PM

Rain? What’s that?
Old July 27th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I just can't seem to get with it this morning. Tiger wanted to get up fairly early, about 11, and even though I'd only been in bed a couple hours it seemed like I had been sleeping a long time. He just wanted to go out and mess around. So I got mad and when he came to me about 3 I told him to get lost. I don't know why he has to be so stubborn.

Got 20 wheels signed already. I have a really good wall guy. He's new but must have had a good guy train him. We have tons of people, really everyone is falling over each other. But we get our work done pretty quickly, and that is of course the Delta way. Throw more people at it.

Well I hope everyone has a good day. Hot and no rain. That's okay.

Old July 27th, 2023, 09:10 AM

Chicken cleamseau Good but a PITA to prepare

Last edited by Jamesbo; July 27th, 2023 at 01:26 PM.
Old July 27th, 2023, 02:48 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words!

That temp is in the shade!
Old July 27th, 2023, 08:03 PM

Pfffft.
Old July 27th, 2023, 08:06 PM

Pfffft.
Ya, but ya got to remember, it's a Wet Heat!
Old July 27th, 2023, 09:30 PM
GCH

Originally Posted by Koda
+1 Also like the SS1 wheels on the car. What a heat Kenneth have in Arizona , here it´s a little cooler here now and
we had some rain last weeks. Was at the dealer yesterday with my Stihl chainsaw , have warrany left so i think they have
to look at it before i do anything. Rear wheel bearing replace again after only 36000 km / 22300 miles in the Subaru
this sucks a lot. My brother drives his Newport again after he rebuild the 727 transmission so he is happy now. Must
say that i like the retirement a lot

Hope everybody have a good weekend

Last edited by GCH; July 27th, 2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old July 28th, 2023, 01:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Haven't done this in awhile, we all started at 4 this morning. Well, I got a couple errands to run after work so I don't mind getting out early. Actually I'll probably spend the extra time at the Awful house.

Jamesbo that looks good. I recognize the chicken and home fries, what's the other stuff?

Glenn I'm a closet MOPAR guy. I always laugh when someone talks about their 727. I know it's a transmission but as an airplane mechanic I've worked on plenty of 727s of another type.

It was 97* yesterday at 6pm. But the early mornings are beautiful. No clouds and stars galore.

Okay more wheels. Hope everyone has a good day and a good weekend.

Old July 28th, 2023, 04:11 AM

Mike mushrooms, green onions, English-speaking peas, white 🍷, butter with tasso ham ( cajun smoked spiced shoulder) Technically they are Brabant taters
it's supposed to be piled on top of the chicken

Last edited by Jamesbo; July 28th, 2023 at 06:29 AM.
Old July 28th, 2023, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Must say that i like the retirement a lot
Hope everybody have a good weekend
Glenn - I must have missed your announcement if you mentioned it before, Congratulations on your retirement!!! I'm really glad you're enjoying yourself.
Old July 28th, 2023, 07:04 AM
Always room for one more

Wow we did pretty good. Finished up with two hours to go. Word has it we'll be departing soon, which will be even better.

Jamesbo why are the peas English-speaking? Can you get other languages?

Chris what goes on with your outlaw in-laws these days? Or your wife's brother?

Old July 28th, 2023, 09:21 AM

Mike, If they are French speaking English peas they would be petites pois
Old July 28th, 2023, 09:28 AM

Wow we did pretty good. Finished up with two hours to go. Word has it we'll be departing soon, which will be even better.

Chris what goes on with your outlaw in-laws these days? Or your wife's brother?
Mike - Glad you're getting an early start to your weekend.

No update on the investigation of the death of the BIL's (for lack of a better term) son. I haven't talked to my Sis about it in awhile. Last I knew the granddaughter was still charged with trying to lure the Son (her father) to the apartment, but have not heard of any other charges on anyone else.

My wife's brother had another operation about a month ago to repair an abdominal hernia that occurred along one of his prior surgerie's incision line. He is doing well and is out doing things and working. As far as the Pancreatic cancer they are monitoring it closely and no decision has been made yet on another surgery. I will caveat that info by saying my BIL never calls my wife and let's her know anything, which annoys me to no end. We usually find things out 2nd hand through one of his kids, or when we go over there. We are going over to his place a week from Sunday for a family b-day party for his wife. If there is any major news about his health I'm sure we'll find out then.
Old July 28th, 2023, 02:19 PM

Not Kenneth like, but getting pretty damn close!

With the heat index, °123!
Old July 28th, 2023, 02:37 PM

Keep that up for the next 4 weeks and you'll know how we feel here.

Old July 28th, 2023, 02:46 PM

How's this for overnight temperatures?

Old July 28th, 2023, 02:54 PM
Running On Empty

Average annual rainfall for Phoenix = 7.57" based upon 120 yrs of data collection.
Old July 28th, 2023, 02:58 PM

I can't even imagine that scenario. I just went out to pickup some fast food and there is a pretty good breeze blowing but it feels like a blast furnace!