The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2012, 05:15 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear and cool but spose to get warmer wit mo rain dis afternooon.

Rob's anti "Might as Well" hat sho reminds me of Jack Haley's outfit in de Wizzard of Oz. I sho hope he keeps it well oiled.

I used to put dis stuff in my bird seed dat was sposed to keep de squirels away. I think it was mostly Cayannne Pepper. One day I look out de back winder and saw a squirel chas'in sum bird seed down wit a margarita and jes gave up.

Adrian, Glad ya got de cool'in situation in hand. Sounds like she's runn'in good.

Ken, Yep, I'd say winter has arrived. I don't beleive I could stand dat kinda weather.

Homer, Jes curious.Whaycha think 'bout dat stuff da advertise on TV dats spose to fill windshield nicks?

Boy, I sho am glad I was a "Mensa" teenager an not a " No nutt'in Punk"

It gave me enormous insites into why I did such supid things.
Old January 17th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Raining here like the cow on the flat rock, lol!! Comin down pretty good. But it's warm. 46 degrees now heading towards 50. Gonna get cold and snow tonight though, and cold tomorrow.

Had a good time at Bellacino's last night!! Not as many people there this time as there was before Christmas. But my friend Ron the old guy, with the beautiful Cutlass S was there! So I got to give him his Olds calendar finally. He liked it! The one DJ, Aloha Phil was there. He said there's 112 days left until cruisin starts at the Riverfront, lol! He's countin down the days....

Adrian.... Nice to hear from ya! Nice engine pic too. Glad to hear she's running good and no overheating!! Send some of that heat my way, would ya please??

Clint.... glad your new fellow is doing ok. They do talk strange over on the Right coast don't they, lol?

Jamesbo.... I've sprinkled Cayanne pepper around to try to deter the deer..... hasn't worked. I've put it in ant hills too, lol. Didn't work there either.

It's up to 76 friggin degrees in here already. I took off my shoes and socks and put on my sandals 20 minutes ago. Sleeves are rolled up. I'm about to irritate Brian and turn on the fan!!

Have a great day all and stay dry!
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM

Snowing this morning suppose to last thru Wednesday then change to rain.
Each year the weather gets stranger then the previous year. I believe the hot air from the political race from president is causing global warming not our old cars.

Think I will call it a day and sit around and watch the snow fall

Have a good one
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Always room for one more

Happy after-noon everyone.

I don't know what's up with the rain. It was supposed to rain all day, but when I woke up this morning the sun was out. Now it's just cloudy. Can't decide whether or not to take my car up to the paint shop.

Maybe I'll take a ride into Alabama and have a look at a truck. It's less than two hours from here. Who knows a lot of bad things about a Duramax that can talk me out of it? They are excellent engines until they break. I guess the secret is knowing how long you have until one breaks, and pay accordingly. For months now I've been wanting to buy a nice Oldsmobile and a cheep truck. Maybe I should turn the table and buy a cheep Oldsmobile and a nice truck.

Here comes the sun again. Maybe the weather channel will tell me the rain has bypassed us.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's up to 52 out here now! It stopped raining around 11 am, so I had a nice long walk around the complex at lunch time. A little blue color up amongst the clouds right now, and the sun is out! It's very windy out there too. We have high wind warnings out. I love southwest winds! But it's gonna get colder. I just looked at the 10 day forecast on the weather channel, and it's showing 40's here next week! This is really strange..... I've been here my whole life and haven't seen a January like this one before. Steve was just saying that there are buds on his Forcythia bush already. I told him that we have daffodils that have been up a couple inches since fall, hyacinths poking up, and there are buds on my Hydrangea too. Guess mother nature knows what she's doing......

Citcapp..... I saw where parts of WA and Oregon are to get some serious snow..... you better be careful if you have to go out and about in it!!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 17th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.... I've been here my whole life and haven't seen a January like this one before.
Huh?

I thought you were from West Virginia, Sum place like Butcher Holler?

p.s. End'in sentence is prepositions is sum thing, up which, I will not put.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

p.s. End'in sentence is prepositions is sum thing, up which, I will not put.

But Jamesbo, sometimes it's hard not to.

Mike
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

You make me laugh, Jamesbo!!! I was born and raised right here..... just had to live in W.VA for about a year or so back in my younger days. It wasn't by choice, lol!!!!
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
You make me laugh, Jamesbo!!! I was born and raised right here..... just had to live in W.VA for about a year or so back in my younger days. It wasn't by choice, lol!!!!

Younger days? You mean like when you were about 5 of so. Your still just a kid
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Morning all, the sun has come out today so I might get off my butt and do some work in the yard, MIGHT.

We have to work something out Sandy so we can swap around for the winter months I think. What you think ? If it ever starts snowing here then we all know there is something up but I doubt it would happen in my life.

Have a good day ya'll

Adrian
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Love ya, Citcapp! Guess I am still young..... compared to Jamesbo that is, lol! just kidding, Jamesbo! Love u too, lol!

Adrian.... I'd love to be over there where it's warm and no ice on the roads like we have here this morning!

Those winds we had yesterday afternoon and evening were terrible! Tincanio rocked all the way home yesterday. I don't like driving that thing in the high wind!! I'm afraid it's gonna tip over, lol. There were trees blown across 91 that they were cutting up and getting out of the way. This morning, it's a cold 22 degrees, and all the rain we had yesterday melted most of the snow, but turned to ice overnight. A lot of the roads in the area are closed down due to accidents. They have not had the salt trucks out yet except for around the bottom of the hill on 91 where the Rt 480 ramps are. 91 was nothing but hard compacted ice ruts this morning. Tricky driving..... We only got a coating of snow overnight, and have flurries out there now.

Can't believe I'm the first one on here this morning - unless someone posts while I'm typing, lol! That hasn't happened in a long time. I'm enjoying a bowl of Cinnamon Swirl oatmeal this morning, with my yogurt. Brought left over soup for lunch.

Well you all have a great day!
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
CQR

Morning all,

Well Sandy, hope its less blustery there today. We're under a high wind warning until Thursday noon. Gust up to 90 mph possible above 10000 feet.

Well, the kid showed well enough yesterday that she gets to show today in the championships.

Boy didn't sleep worth a crap last night I'm definitely a mythical creatures posterior today.

Have a great hump day all.
Old January 18th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda chilly dis mawn'in but none of de wet stuff.

Adrain, I wouldn't rush into anything. Jes sit down and wait fer de urge to do sum'em goes away. Werks fer me.

Sandy, My dear departed mother used to say, " Ya raise sheep, cows and chickens, Children are "Reared."

Mike,
Dat gramatical error is easy 2 fix. Jes change de preposition into a number. Problem solved.
Old January 18th, 2012, 08:54 AM

morning all

6" of snow on the ground here. My largest Fir tree dropped a limb due to the snow build up about 16' long and 8" in dia just missed the house but took out a couple of nice landscape trees. I hafta cut it up with the chain saw to get it out. Oh what fun
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Always room for one more

'Afternoon everyone.

I slept until 12:30 today, but it was on purpose. I go back to work tonight and this way I can stay up most of the night and not be a zombie. Eh, I can always sleep during break.

Clint got a question for you. Congrats for the young'un by the way. Why do some 67s have four red tail lights, and some have two red ones and two backups? Must be the trim level?

It's beautiful out! But not quite 50*. Hope the rain is gone for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Mike
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:15 AM
CQR

Mike Correct. The cutlass and f-85 had 2 red and a bumper without reverse light cutouts closer to center. Cutlass Supremes had the 4 red tail lamps and the 2 little reverse lamps in the bumper. And the 442 option was only available in the supreme trim.
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Where are you?????? It's cold here but clear right now. Another clipper coming at us, supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow this afternoon, and temps going down to 12 tonight! Man, that's cold!!! More snow tomorrow too.

I have to go to the allergist at noon. This should be interesting, lol. It's quiet in here again. Wish things would pick up.

Clint.... Good news on your daughter! That's great!!

Citcapp..... sorry to hear about your tree limb! That sucks. But at least just minor damage done. I saw some pics on the news of the snow out that way. You be careful!!!!

Well have a great day all, where ever you are!!
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold ere.

I really don't bermeber what I did 'fore I got up ever mawn'in an read the "New Good Mawn'in" Thread.

Musta done sum'em.
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Always room for one more

I'm here Sandy! I just got home a few minutes ago. It was cold last night but I got to work inside. We're doing a placard inspection and everything has to be painted on, so it has to be done inside. Doesn't hurt my feelings!

At least the sun is out this morning here. It's cold, but the sun is a nice pick-me-up for us night people. Don't know what it's going to get up to today.

Well, everyone have a great day. Sandy good luck at the allergist.

Mike
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:33 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

28 degrees this morning and ice storm warnings are out. The news is full of accidents on all the freeways its a mess. Another good reason to hunker down in front of the wood stove with a nice hot toddy and just let the world pass by. Supposed to warm up this afternoon and turn to rain. Should all wash away by Monday.

Your right Jamsbo I start every day with the good morning thread much better then the news on TV
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's been snowing here pretty much all day. It did quit for a little while around noon, but it's back. We probably got 2 inches or so. Roads were a mess when I went to the allergist.

That was an experience!! I still have all kinds of little red bumps on my arm and on my back, lol. Also marked up with black magic marker - I'm hoping it comes off later when I get a chance to scrub at it, lol!! Those little needle things were pretty neat, kinda like a stamp pad or something with 10 things of little needles on it, and she pressed it onto my arm in 4 different places and marked them with a marker. I'm allergic to some kind of tree and some kind of weed - he didn't say which kind of either, and dust mites!! The dust mite bump got really itchy. But I didn't scratch it.

Worst of all, I'm allergic all of a sudden to Pennicillin and those kind of antibiotics! He tested me for the one antibiotic they always give me when I get that bacterial infection that settles in my arm. I tested positive for being allergic to it. So he gave me a prescription for another similar type antibiotic, I have to get it filled and take it in on Feb. 6th and he will test me on that one. We have to find one that I'm not allergic to, so when I get that infection again, they have something to give me, cause that bacteria can kill me if it's not treated quickly!! That ain't good, lol!

That's what brought on all this allergy testing. Last time I was on those antibiotics, I broke out in hives after about 7 or 8 days, and that's the only thing that had changed. I was taking antibiotics. So my doctor wanted to see if I was allergic to one or the other, or both of them. He has no way of testing me on one of them. The other is available in a liquid form, which I got filled and took in with me today and they used it for testing, and it showed I'm allergic to it. So we'll see I guess in 2 weeks if I'm gonna be allergic to this new stuff he wants to try. I hope I'm not. I've been taking those same 2 antibiotics for years when I get that bacteria infection and never had a problem at all. Interesting.......

He also gave me a prescription for a nasal spray to see if it will help my constant runny nose, lol. Told him I've tried Flonase and Nasonex and neither one worked. So we'll see about this one. Worth a try. What a mess!! Hope everyone elses day is going better!
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:01 AM
CQR

Wow, Sandy, lots of good info there. Sounds like you're on the right path. My wife owned a horse we did the allergy panel on and it should never have been a horse. It was allergic to barn dust, hay, and most grains.

Happy Friday all. still gonna be nice today, tho not as warm as yesterday. chance for snow on Sunday. but we'll see. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda dank down ere dis mawn'in.

Boy, Ohio don't look so good.

Pat, It don't look so good out your way either.

I would go on an I-talian cruise but de don't look real promis'in neither.

Sandy,

Guess ya gonna have to change ya brand of "Weed"

When I was in school, I got dis itch [where I shouldn't have] My regular doctor pumped me full of stuff and said, " Ya need to watch whar ya put dat thing'

A few months go by an I'm still itch'in. So I go to dis ole timey doctor who still wears a mirror. an He says, " Drop trou"

Den he says, " Tell whoever is do'in your laundry not to used "Bounce."

"Dat'll be 25 bucks"

Problem solved.

As long as he was vertical, I went to de ole timey doctor an told my Fancy Smancy doctor adios.

I later discovered I was alergic to Pennelilin and Mycolog [as well as Bounce]

To dis day when I stuff Bounce in my car to keep out de critters, I wear rubber gloves.

Not to change subject from private alergies BUT

I don't wanta get tooooooo political ere,

Iff'in a guy [or gal] ain't got a job an is fix'in to loose his [or her] house.

Do y'all really think he gives a rat's a$$ what someone's Ex says?

I mean Geeze Louise, Dis Country has a few press'in problems dat need to be adressed.

I bes be go'in fore I get on a me soap box.

TGIF
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo...... you make me laugh! Glad it was only the Bounce causing your itching problems, lol!

Its a crisp 8 degrees here this morning..... I still don't know why I don't live in Phoenix already?? We are under a winter storm watch for later on today. Supposed to get flurries then the snow kicks in after 5 they're saying. One station said the heavy stuff should start around 8 pm. Winter is making up for being so mild for so long, I reckon!! I told Larry that if it's crappy when we get home, I don't want to go out shopping. It can wait until the weekend. I hate to be out in the cold.....

I'm glad it's Friday. This week has been 2 months long, I swear!! Brian has already passed his monthly sales figures, earlier this week, so he's busy. Which is a good thing! Steel is picking up and is moving again. He's been eating his lunch here too, which I don't like. I can't do my workout video on my lunch hour when it's too cold to go outside and walk, when he's here. I look forward to my nice quiet lunch hour. I need a break from him, lol!! So I just bundle up and go walk anyhow. I hate this sitting all friggin day. I have to get up and move!!

I still have a couple of those little red bumps on my arm this morning. They don't itch or anything. I scrubbed the black magic marker off last night. It came off easily, thank God! Gotta take those prescriptions over to Giant Eagle to get filled at noon.

Well you all have a great Friday, and stay safe if you're in the snowy areas!!
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:29 AM

TGIF for sure

I say Colbert for president nuff said

Lots of snow on the ground now supposed to get freezing rain then regular rain. i have to get on the roof and clear all the gutters or I will get overflow off the roof that will flood the basement. Oh what fun this is. After I retire this year moving to a different climate where warm prevails

Have a great Friday all
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's sooooo sunshiny and pretty out there right now, hard to believe a blizzard is headin towards us! Blue sky..... just a few clouds. Up to a whopping 21 degrees! Gotta go into Twinsburg now at lunch time.
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Pat, It don't take me long to closely examine a hot horse shoe. I ain't gett'in up on no ice covered roof.

BE CAREFUL

Sandy, Here' sa good way to save on medical spences.
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

LOL!! That's funny, Jamesbo!! Well, the clouds have moved in..... no more pretty blue sky and sunshine. Dropped off the prescriptions at Giant Eagle, went to Kaiser and picked up Nicole's prescriptions, went through the drive thru at McDonalds and got a chicken wrap for lunch. Came back here and walked 1 lap around the complex. Nice walking day. Called Lin and talked to her. Now, back to sitting in this chair......

Citcapp..... you be careful climbing around on ladders and roofs!!!
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Morning all, had a afternoon shower yesterday but the sun came out and I finished mowing the lawn after that Should be good for a week now

I took your advice Jamesbo, it took me 4 days to get motivated enough to do the mowing. For my first 3 days off I just chilled in the house with the air con on.

Be careful up on that roof Pat. You could always move down here when you retire Pat, not much snow where I am

Glad you found out what your allergic to Sandy, it should help you get better when you get a little under the weather There is a guy at work who was quite sick for around 4 months. He finally got to see the specialist and it turns out he is a celiac. So he goes home and has to throw out pretty much everything in the pantry He is doing much better now though

Back to work today for me, have a great weekend everybody,

Adrian
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Pat,

I jes read in anutter thread dat you had an M38A1, I used to have one with a dog box dat had tractor seats on top. It had a hand brake mounted up thar an a lawn mower throttle and a hand clutch. Ya could put it in low gear, sit up there an steer wit your feet while quail hunt'in.

I got de brite id to repaint it. After grin'in away wit a wheel try'in to get that tar based paint off, I finally got down to a big white star on de hood and said F....it.

I still got de 24 volt system [I converted to 12] in de top of my barn. Wonder if it's werth anything?

Did yours have de snorkle breather.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Youth.
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Always room for one more

Afternoon everyone. Talked to my Mom in Chicago today and they are in the process of getting 6-8" of snow. She's planning a move to Florida, can't blame her a bit. Pat please be careful on your roof. Why don't you hire a teenager to do the work, that way if they fall off they will land on their head and be okay.

Raining here and I don't know if it's going to let up any time soon. I really need to get some work done around the lake but I can't if it won't dry up. The weather that is, not the lake.

Might sign up for some overtime this weekend. If I can't do anything around here I might as well get some extra cash. We'll see.

Time to start getting ready for work. Everyone have a nice -and safe- evening.

Mike
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
CQR

A bit blustery today. You know its windy when the toilet water has whitecaps. A little chilly when it acts like a beday. Batten down the hatches.
Old January 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM

Jamsbo,

When I bought my M38A1 it was 24 volts as well. Still had all the stock water proof wiring and sealed lamps. It was a bitch getting the batteries out of that little narrow box next to the windshield. It had the shovel with it but did not have the snorkel but did have the air cleaner adapter for the snorkel.
Damn that thing was hard to find parts for that's why I installed a buick V6 twelve volt system and all new wiring. I did do a water proof system with a snorkel and could drive thru water up to the bottom of the windsheild. One of the ones I let get away.

Do you have a picture of that box setup on yours? Sounds like a kick
Old January 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jamsbo,
Do you have a picture of that box setup on yours? Sounds like a kick
Nope,

Sorry Pat,

I guess I droped my "Brownie" in a mud puddle sum whar long de way.
Old January 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM

Good morning all

Started raining today, maybe it will wash the snow away by Monday so I can get cars our of my steep driveway. Left one car at the top before the snow hit so we could get out.

Spring is just around the corner but the corner is a long way off.

Time to go out and start cleaning up the yard. its full of broken branches

talk to you all later.
Old January 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM

Well, I'll snow blow the driveway right after I pull the carb and clean it, mebbe then it'll run better. The 6-8" that Chicago got, went under me by 75 miles or so. breaks my heart......NOT!
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM

Perfect attenance post

GTG

rain'in like a cow on a flat rock
Old January 21st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Always room for one more

Boy we got hammered on the southside today with rain and thunderstorms. Here in Stockbridge we actually avoided the worst of it, as the tornado warnings and hail were south of us. Lots of thunder, though, and my dogs were turning inside out. It seems to have passed by and it's clearing up a little.

Guess I'll be doing inside work today. I got the usual first day off chores to do, laundry and some housecleaning. Pretty exciting stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Mike
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM

Hi all....

Good News from Germany.. I had bad heals the last month
but I don`t missed the last train, and now I feel better.
It was closely, but they can count me out..
Music from a nice Swedish Band, help me in the last few weeks.
Send a link from my favored song.

Best regards

Udo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldanl...eature=related
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM

Good News from Germany.. I had bad heals the last month
but I don`t missed the last train, and now I feel better.
It was closely, but they can count me out..
Music from a nice Swedish Band, help me in the last few weeks.
Send a link from my favored song.
Good to see that you made it through a rough time.