The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:29 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold an dank dis mawn'in.

Monday t'aint look'in alot better.

Yeah Mike, I saw de south end of town gett'in hammered, Glad it missed cha. I got a cousin in Peachtree city dat called me from de basement.

Udo, Looks kinda chilly over there. Glad you're back wit us.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Gloomy! Having worked midnight shift the best part of the last 18 years, I'm used to not seeing the sun, but it's nice when it makes an appearance once in awhile.

I've already got all my Sunday requirements done. Awful house and Walmart. Guess I'll have to find some inside stuff to do today, the yard is a muddy mess. Wish I had a nice garage to do stuff in.

Hope everyone is faring well. I'm up to page 72 of the Good Morning thread.

Mike
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:35 AM

morning all

More yard work and a trip to the hardware store to get stuff to fix broken stuff. More of the same. Home ownership is sooooooo much fun

The Olds is sound asleep under the car cover pat her on the hood as I pass by.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
CQR

Well, I got the Olds out for a short drive and stopped by the car wash to rinse off the dust. The Cover I got from OPGI fits wonderfully. It was great to drive her yesterday. Not as much of a 'fix' as it was a frustration. I need to cut and stitch the hole for the antenna today. Real windy again today, the mini horse and donkeys are all facing east meaning the wind is coming from the west. Have a great Sunday all.

Last edited by CQR; January 23rd, 2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo horse, not hose
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:17 AM

Morning all..

The week started fine, cloudy but no rain. Near 6°C.
The Giants won at the 49ers and go to Super Bowl...
Brad Bishop from OCA send me a suprise e-mail
in connection with the March issue of the JWO magazine..
I must go to work in February first..

So I wish all a nice start in the week..

Udo
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Annuter wet cold Monday, No golf fer dis cracker today.

I'm gonna go over der anywho an eat sum breakfast [Jes so de don't forget 'bout me]

Pat, It usuallly take me 'bout 3 or 4 trips to de Hardware Sto befo I get enough stuff to fix what's I tore up.

Y'all have a wonderful week.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well, I posted from my Kindle last night, but looks like it didn't come through.....

It's rainin like the cow on the flat rock this morning. Yard is a lake, ditches are running like rivers. We have high wind warnings out again through tomorrow. Wind seems to be getting worse every year.

Yesterday was beautiful - sun and 40 degrees! Just a nice day. We got the snow Friday night like they promised. Started aroiund 7:30 and went into Saturday morning. We probably got 4 inches. Most is melted now, with the rain. Going up to around 48 today!

I spent Saturday doing the usual cleaning and laundry. Mopped floors, scrubbed our shower/tub with Limeaway stuff to get the hard water build up off of everything and cleaned it good. Changed the dining room curtains, made rigatoni for supper. Larry worked at the shop all day since they were off last Monday cause they had no power over there.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in Nicole's room, scrubbing the walls to get all the sticky tape residue off them, from where she used Scotch tape to put millions of pictures on the walls that she printed off the computer years ago. Then I filled in the holes from nails and push pins, so now all I have to do is touch up the paint! I sponge painted the room 3 different shades of blue years ago, and the nice thing about sponge painting is that it hides alot of defects and such in the walls. Especially in the older houses. I can just touch up the walls with a dab of any of the blue colors I used. So easy, lol!! Every room in the house is sponged, except one, lol. I love the look!!

Quiet and boring in here as usual. I'm off tomorrow to take Nicole to get her wisdoms out at 8 am. I told her I'll come out and pick her up early. Then I can take her back in the evening. I want to keep my eye on her.

Well have a great day all!
Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning one and all!

This has got to be the most dreary day we've had here in a long time. And, with all the rain we've had the lake is a muddy ugly brown. It's depressing! I think I'll stay in my jammies all day. I'm not even going to Awful house.

Question: What does " ttt " mean when someone puts it in a post? Sometimes I see it all by itself, and sometimes it's in the post. Odd.

Not much going on today. I'll have to crank up some tunes to get some excitement into the house. Maybe I'll post something every hour.

Everyone have a great day!

Mike
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:33 AM

Morning all

cool, raining lightly, supposed to clear up later in the week and get into the 50's. Still lots of yard cleanup to do had some high winds after the snow weakened the trees so lots more limbs to clean up. Got my Aluminum water pump for the 455 going into the 48. That is the last engine piece needing to be mounted then the painted brackets, etc go on. Baby steps just baby steps.

Have a great day all
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
CQR

Happy Monday!

Originally Posted by slantflat

Question: What does " ttt " mean when someone puts it in a post? Sometimes I see it all by itself, and sometimes it's in the post. Odd.

Mike
to the top

A way to bump the thread to the top of the page.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Always room for one more

Clever, thanks Clint.

Pat, glad you got all your parts and are ready for assembly. One of these days I'll get one of my projects ready for disassembly.

My idea of posting every hour seems to have fallen by the wayside. After watching TV and falling asleep, I went back to bed and slept another couple hours. This weather sucks and is a complete downer. I see that it's stopped raining so at least we have that going for us. I'll get out and do something, haven't decided what yet. Can't waste the day completely.

Mike
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sitting at the oral surgeon's office. Nicole went back at 8:05. Hope it goes well. Lord she's gonna be grumpy when she wakes up, lol!! Hope this comes through - am on the Kindle. First time trying this.

Its cloudy and in the 30's now. Very gray. Nice to be off work though! Will check in later.
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm an VERY froggy dis mawn'in.

I sho am glad I don't have ta drive in dis soup.

Pat, your neck of de woods seems to be gett'in sum mo wet stuff.

Iff'in I made de kinda money sum of des politician make, I sho as heck wouldn't be wast'in my time argu'in wit utter politician, I 'fraid I'd take de same route as governor Spitzer. [Uh, make dat ex Governor Spitzer.]

WTH, he had a good time
Old January 24th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Look at me, up and dressed by 9am. That beats yesterday by about 6 hours. It's nice to lounge sometimes.

I was supposed to have my wisdom teeth out about 20 years ago and I never did it. They don't give me too much trouble. I've been thinking lately about getting them out, we'll see.

Emailed a guy about a Vista Cruiser on craigslist. He's had it for sale at least a couple weeks, he emails back and says yes he has it. I asked a couple questions and now nothing. What's wrong with people? I guess common courtesy has gone out the window.

Heading to Awful house. I might get crazy and get something extra in my hashbrowns.

Mike
Old January 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM

morning all

Jamsbo,

Yes its cow + flat rock time around here today. Maybe it will wash the last of the snow away. Lots of mud slides and trees falling down due to the wet ground and wind blowing. Just more yard debris to cut up and haul away.

Golf and cruising are only a distance memory now.

Talk to you all later
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well she survived!! She is sleeping on the couch. Had to get her prescriptions filled, gave her a pain killer at noon. Got her to eat a little soup and we watched some Vampire Diaries. She was feeling sick to her stomach a while ago, so I gave her some Ginger Ale to sip on and she fell asleep. Got a bucket sitting on the floor just in case, lol!! They gave her the two teeth in a baggie, lol. Wonder if the tooth fairey should come?? Nah, the tooth fairey just paid $1140..... that's enough!
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM

When I went to de stow, I saw a Hybrid with dis bumper sticker

" My other battery powred ride is a Vibrator"
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon, Mawnin' Crowd!

It's good to hear everything went well for Nicole. I know what you mean about the expenses though I've got four daughters and three of them had to get braces Ouch! I see your getting the hang of your Kindle. My wife downloaded the kindle book of "What Dreams May Come" and said it was better than the movie with Robin Williams.

It's pretty warm today, a lot better than the past few days storms and rain. A tornado touched down from Montezuma, GA to just south of Unadilla, GA which either one is only 20 miles from my house

Nice kitty Jamesbo

I was at the grocery earlier and saw Lee Pearl's 70 W-30 convert along with a bunch of other great Oldsmobiles in the Feb 2012 issue of Muscle Car (I think ) magazine.
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin' All

It's my "Saturday" so I've got to make the best of it. I've got the carpet guy coming over to measure the floor for another estimate. Man the estimates are all over the place and one was exactly double the other for the same rug

I'll check in later. Yall have a great day

Scot
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hi Scot! Nice to hear from ya.

It's cloudy and dark here this morning - gonna be another depressing gray day. Ughhhh..... Supposed to get rain tonight and then a freezing mix for rush hour in the morning, but it's supposed to warm up again tomorrow. Next big snow looks like it's headed at us Saturday night into Sunday they're saying right now.

I took Nicole back to Charlie's last night around 7:00. Bless his heart, he bought her a beautiful Orchid, and he was mixing up containers of 5 different types of jello for her. He bought pancakes and puddings and soft things for her to eat. I liked that!! She just kept feeling like she was going to throw up all afternoon and evening yesterday. I told her it was probably because she didn't really "eat" anything. A couple spoonfuls of soup isn't much. Plus taking antibiotics without anything in the stomach..... I was surprised she wasn't in much pain. She only took one pain pill yesterday. Now today might be a different story. I haven't talked to her yet today. Her face was swelled - she had chipmunk cheeks, lol! Today she may be black and blue.

Well I could tell they missed me here at work yesterday...... The heat is cranked up to 75 on the thermostat, which makes it almost 80 back here according to my thermometer..... I had the fan on 2 when Brian walked in. He said something snorkey and I told him it's hotter than hell in here!!!! I said - I bet you were happy yesterday without the fan on, huh? He said "I didn't miss the noise of it". Lord is he ****!!! The fan is not loud at all. I looked for the quietest one I could find when I bought it. I turned it down to 1, I have my jeans rolled up to my knees, sandals on, and sleeves pulled up. Doing what I can to cool off. Ain't no wonder he is sick so many times through the year!!!! That kind of heat indoors is not healthy!!! He's such a whiner....

It's quiet in here. Hope the day goes fast..... hahaha. Ain't a gonna happen.

Scot..... Yeah, I'm starting to get the hang of the Kindle. I've downloaded a ton of books - some free, some 99 cent ones. I have Facebook on it. Am still figuring it out. I like it more than I thought I would......

Well you all have a good day when you get up, lol!
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM
CQR

Happy Wednesday all.

Sandy, Good to hear Nicole's new BF seems to be doin the right things, I hope she feels better soon. It took me a couple a days to get flyin straight after havin mine yanked. The scary thing was I drove myself home after the procedure I walked up to the RX counter for my pain pill scrip with my mouth full of gauze and drooling blood on myself. That musta been a sight.

Well parts of this week sure are going fast. the problem is it seems to be the evenings and nights. the days seem to drag on forever.

Happy 'Saturday' Scot. Good luck finding the right flooring guy.

Pat, Jamesbo, The days are getting longer. I'm trying to stay positive, but spring is coming and its getting closer.

The kid pulled a stupid stunt yesterday, she went to go see one of her loser BF's yesterday. There goes the trust thing again. After being on this side of teenagerdom, I am surprised we have made it as a species.
He told her how he cleaned up his live and is clean now, and how we (Mom and I) shouldn't put him down since we don't know him, and how he's changed, blah, blah, blah, so I called him and asked him if he would pee in a cup for me. He said yea! Wow, I started to feel like an equine with long ears, So I said I'd be right over, then he said Um, er... uh, I can't right now, I have to go to work, I said I could meet him there, He said that wouldn't work cuz he's in the military, I told him I could meet him there before he has to start work, he hung up.

Yea, thats what I thought. I was born at night, but it twerent last night.

The kid heard it all too. She figured it out when he said he had to go to work. She even chortled at the thought of him having a job. I think she finally got the hint with this one.

Gonna be about 60 today. Nicest day for the rest of the week. Hope Paul is doin alright.

Have a great day.

Last edited by CQR; January 25th, 2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter warm one befo de rain come in dis even'in.

Sandy, Glad Nicole is do'in Ok, Sound like good ole Charlie is a keeper. I think I might need a program to keep up wit Nicole's beaus. I thought she ditched him?

Anti biotics and no food is a NO NO. Try and get Charlie to get her to eat sum yougart. It's spose to do sum'em wit antibotic dat's good.

Scot, I'd luv to help cha out wit de carpet but all I know is dat de fuzzy side goes up, and cat $hit ruins it.

If the installer has a bum knee from kick'in the streacher, he probably knows wth he's do'in.

I just spit coffee all over my key board laugh'in at an e-mail of a West Virginia under wire bra.

Dang, I wish I wasn't a mod sum times.

Y'all hae a great day.
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:04 AM
CQR

Jamebo, I got that on the other day. That was funny.
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys! Jamesbo, Nicole just left Dave - and went to stay with Charlie. They're supposedly not "involved", just friends. Could be, I dunno. I need a program to keep up, myself, lol! She doesn't find Charlie "attractive or sexy"..... God!! Keep telling her she's gotta look for the inner beauty... what do I know, lol?

Wish I could see the bra thing.... sounds funny!

Clint..... sorry to hear about the trust issue... been there, done that one. It's soooo hard to believe what they say. Makes me feel bad, but that's how it is anymore. Well hopefully your daughter will figure out that the guy is bad news and stay away! He's trying to put crap into her head, and she's gonna believe him. They always think the "friends" know more than the parents do.
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Sandy, I hate to brake it to ya. But if Charlie is buy'in her flowers, He's not interested in her ability to iron.

Clint, Get in touch wit de boys C.O He'll make him pee in a cup faster dan you can say "Jack Robinsonis go'in to de Brig."
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah Sandy it's good to be back online amongst great friends.

Thanks Clint for the well wishes and I hope everything pans out for you and yours.

Jamesbo I thunk we both know bout as much as installing carpet as my 13 y/o maine coon. That thankfully he has never had any accidents 'sides an occasional fur ball. LOL Yup I think the bum knees are rampant in that line of werk.

Is it still raining Pat? Were supposed to get a little more this evening but not much.
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:22 AM
CQR

lol The military spit him back. They didn't want him either. Just another lie. But we didn't expect anything else.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good afternoon all.

It's a beautiful day in the Greater Stockbridge Area. I think we've dodged the storm that was supposed to engulf us for the second part of the week. Two days in a row for sun, and it's rather warmish. I'll take it.

Clint I hate that you're going through all this. I guess the road to recovery is a rough one.

Sandy I'm glad Nicole is getting along after the teeth. How smart will I feel when I finally decide to have mine out(at my advanced age) and it takes me a week to recover instead of a couple days.

Scot, if you want to see a high bill for carpet, call Empire. They brag about only paying for a quarter of the room. Imagine if you had to pay for the whole room! I grew up listening to those commercials. That phone number will be tattooed on my brain forever.

Jamesbo, did your friend ever send you those pictures of his convertible?

Work for me tonight, first of four. Yuck, who wants to work four days in a row? Maybe I'll take Saturday off.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Mike

Last edited by slantflat; January 25th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old January 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Another day is ending

Scott,
Weather has been real windy and wet. Got a break this afternoon

Clint,
Boy am I glad all my offspring are one there own youngest is 30. Time almost blanks out the bad stuff. I wouldn't wish what your going through on anyone.

Jamsbo,
What's the latest recipe I don't remember if I owe you one or versa visa?
Hows the golf game

Sandy,
Great news that things are going ok with your kid. Sometimes it feels like they will never grow up and take care of themselves, but most do, some just take longer then others
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:28 AM

Guten Morgen....

Cold and breezy, slightly frory at the morning, later it shall goes up
to 8°C
Today I make my travel planning for summer. Good time I think..

Now a question.. Anyone knows News about the
Route 14 in South Utah ? The road closed in October
after a big landslide.

Great day all

Udo
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Mostly Gristle

Good morning!
One of the reasons I bought my Toro was to have something to do during the usually long Northeast winters..
Well, we're not getting any weather so far, so I'm afloat on my old wood boat!
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:22 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Cloudy here with rain and tstorms moving in this eve.

Going to make a big pot of my low country boil today. I usually grill it but today I will try it in the crock pot. It should be great

I should hear back from the carpet guys this eve as well with my quote Looking at the other quotes, I see I'm in the wrong business. LOL

Well it's my Sunday so yall have a great day!

Scot
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:27 AM
CQR

Good morning all.

Thats Crazy bluecab, I guess the times they are a changin'.

Olds65, That is a neat picture. I hadn't heard of it. But it looks like mother nature had a different plan for the landscape.

Pat, Hope the sun comes out in your world today.

Mike and Scot, thanks.

Sandy, All the furnace issues cleared up?

Have a great Thursday all. Tonite, we bowl
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm wit sum rain headed dis way in a while

Pat, Beleive it or not, I have hit a golf ball since before Christmas. Every frigg'in Monday the weather has been in La toilete. Followed by a beautimus Tuesday when de course is closed.

Mike, Funny you should ax about de Cutlass drop top. I'm go'in down to de city an see if he's got it at his office today. He said de pics wouldn't load so good. I think she's pretty ruff. Did you ever speak wit him?

Udo, I don't know nutt'in 'bout dat road but it looks kinda like my drive way in de mountains.

Sandy be sure an fill Nicole up wit Yogurt. Chipmonks luv Yogurt. Sounds like her Beaus are in a decend'in Alphabetical order.

My money is on "Billy Bob" next.[As soon a Charlie get's de green stick]

Scot, How in de Wild Wild World of Sports are you gonna slow cook shrimps?????

Last edited by Jamesbo; January 26th, 2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: bad spall'in
Old January 26th, 2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Olds65
Guten Morgen....

Cold and breezy, slightly frory at the morning, later it shall goes up
to 8°C
Today I make my travel planning for summer. Good time I think..

Now a question.. Anyone knows News about the
Route 14 in South Utah ? The road closed in October
after a big landslide.

Great day all

Udo

From the UDOT website...(udot.utah.gov)

S.R. 14 is CLOSED for 12 miles in Cedar Canyon from milepost 5 to milpost 22 (Deer Valley) due to a landslide. The road has been completely washed out at milepost 8. This portion of S.R. 14 will remain closed until Summer 2012. For more information on repairs please visit the S.R. 14 Landslide Repair project page listed below.
Old January 26th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Raining here now, after an overnight and early morning of freezing rain/sleet mix. It got pretty ugly out there! The un-treated surfaces are still pretty slick. The temp is going up now, so it's mostly just plain old rain. Guess Texas got some much needed rain finally, and a few un -needed tornados! What strange weather......

Well Brian is in a pissy mood this morning. Came in that way. Must not have gotten all his beauty sleep, lol! He is not a morning person anyhow. Came in 5 minutes late, then was blaming the traffic, then found out Houston did something wrong with one of his orders, so he had to whine about that.... now his fingers are flying over the keyboard back here, so I imagine the owner is getting an earful about whatever happened with his order, and he will get the sympathy he's looking for because he worked soooooo hard on it. Lord!!

I have the fan on and the sandals on - temp is 76 in here!!! Just way to hot.

Nicole was doing fine last evening, she said. Gums were hurting, but stomach problems have passed. I keep texting her to take the anitbiotic. She's supposed to start gently swishing her mouth with salt water too. She is to clean that lady's house again tomorrow, so we'll see how she does.

You know what stupid me did????? When we were at the surgeon's office the other morning, I was going to put this surgery on my Capital One visa. Well..... being only half awake I guess, I handed the girl my Chase card instead. Didn't figure it out until I got a notice on my phone from Chase saying my account was overdrawn!!!! I about shi*!!!!! So I had to pretty much wipe out my savings acct. and transfer the money over to my checking acct. Now I have no reserves in savings to fall back on. I can't believe I did that! I'm just so used to using my bank card for everything, I guess. Can't let Larry know I paid for her teeth, either. I'd never hear the end of it!

Jamesbo...... I believe Nicole has another 'friend' on facebook that she's interested in. This one is in Alabama, I believe? Oh boy......... so she may be telling the truth about her and Charlie, lol. Who knows???? I don't even want to ask. Less I know, the better off I am.

Mike..... We still have the Empire commercial on TV here, lol. It gets stuck in your head! Eight hundred five eight eight..... two three hundred........ Empire!!!!
Sorry, had to do it!

Have a great day all!
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got home from work. My bed is calling and I'm almost ready to jump in.

Sandy, Empire is originally from Chicago. When I was a kid, it was Empire today, carpet next week! Then just the phone number, no "800." Now it's everywhere. I even have an Empire Carpet Man bobblehead.

Jamesbo I did talk with your friend. He said the car was pretty rough. At the time I wasn't thinking about another project, but hey one never knows. I'd be interested to see just what shape it is in.

I was successful in taking Saturday off, so I might go down to Florida and look at a car. Never did hear back from the guy with the Vista in North Carolina.

Hope the dogs let me sleep today. It looks like it's going to be overcast all day, and if Jamesbo gets rain I probably will, too. Everyone enjoy your day.

Mike
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:20 AM

Another raining day, just got the Cadd fixed up for another 100K of use. I figured 2k worth of repairs was better then 40K for a new car. Runs and rides like a champ. I tend to keep my cars until the wheels fall off.

I have not played any golf since before Thanksgiving, might as well sell the clubs and buy more car parts.
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:21 AM

@crzyjef... thanks for the webside link !!!
Old January 26th, 2012, 07:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, How in de Wild Wild World of Sports are you gonna slow cook shrimps?????
I put the tigers in about 5 min befo chow time to berl. Da rest jest simmers on low fer a spell. Petite new taters get done, da rest is done. Yummy. Dang now I'm hungry again I can't wait to try it...