The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold as a brass bra in Alaska dis mawn'in.

Slantflat, I ain't got de foggiest what you're talk'in bout. Mine don't "time out" ever.

When ya go to de Big Apple, let me give ya a travel hint. Walk fast and don't look up at de sky scrapers. If ya gauk'in at the heights of de building, De'll know you're a cracker tourist and ya might get mugged.

Ok John, Let's shoot fer 'bout Easter, I can fix sum ham, tater salad, deviled eggs, 3 bean salad, and pickled peaches. We alway have 2 kinds of stuffed celery pimento cheese and blue cheese and lots and lots of wierd olives to much on whilst de ham is cook'in.

Scott, Would you mind P.M me wit your phone #, I got a serious HVAC question. My fancy smancy dual Carrier system's dual compressor jes went Tango Unifrom for the 4th frigg'in time. My local guy has to call de Mingledorff guru A-gain.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

There's a little weak sun trying to come out, but it's mostly cloudy and some flurries around. The wind is really blowin too. We only have a couple inches of snow right now. Under the winter storm watch until tomorrow afternoon.

I'm gonna wash my hair today and finish cleaning up the spare room. That's about all I have planned. Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. This is our last holiday off until Good Friday. Long stretch.......

I think Larry is heading to the shop. He's ripping paneling off walls and tearing down partitions and is going to redo the front of the building where you walk in the front entrance. They had made about 4 little offices in there then one huge lobby, and he didn't like it so he's changing it. And it's another one of those projects that he's "in no hurry to do", but it will be done within a matter of weeks, I'm sure. I never seen a man rush around like he does!!

Mike..... try hitting your "refresh" button on the toolbar on your computer once in a while when you're reading the threads. That used to work for me, and keep it from timing out.

Have a good day all!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

G'Mawnin All!

TGI2012!! Hopefully this year will be 2X better for yours truly, but anywho I can't complain since I am as Jamesbo says "still verticle"

Mike, looks like areas of the Big Apple is in for 1-2' of lake effect snow Just be careful up ere.

As for here, it looks like it will be very windy and colder today with temps dipping all week and getting better by the weekend and of course by then chances of the wet stuff will be here Sunday.

Clint that is terrible about the guy in Boulder I guess Ole St. Nick don't hear too good these days But at least the FedEx lady does

Sandy there was plenty left for you to have It was perfect and everyone enjoyed it. Now hopefully the good luck will kick in Glad you got your t-stat, now that furnace can shine like a brand new penny.

Jamesbo will do on the PM, as a matter of fact I think I have your # on my speed dial just in case I need a travel update whilst traveling through Hotlanta. My phone is on charge but I can grab it shortly (forgot to charge it last nite)

Pat I thought the '48 was running like a top?

Y'all keep warm out there.

Scot
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Captain Starfire

Cold as your mother-in-law's heart this morning on the Ponchatoula Plantation (36 @ 6 a.m.).
Man, dat sounz great, Jamesbo.

Anyhoots, computer being obstinate this morning... as an aside, I can't really get the full hang of managing files in Win 7.... used to be so easy as an admin in former Win versions, you could go anywhere and do anything... now even as an admin (supposedly) it treats you like an infant or second-class user who () might do something naughty when logged in! God forbid.
When my wife uploads her pictures and then I log on, the computer plays hide & seek.... I guess I should win some kinda' prize for finding them.... I usually have to log in as her and go back & forth at least twice, copying and pasting and wasting all kinds of time, wading thru a flood of folders whose origins I have no clue to....
But anyway, back to THE PICTURES!!!
They could be worse, but they could be better.... too much Georgia Mountain sun beaming through those huge Dillard House windows! I'm going to post smaller ones here so's the page doesn't take everybody a half hour to download....
And maybe that table full of empty vittle plates and "to go" boxes will be an incentive for all you other GA members to get the lead out in the future!
BTW, the good-looking guy on the right with all the hair is our intrepid online moderator Jamesbo.... the guy in the Traverse City sweatshirt is yours truly.... and the lady in the middle screaming at the hard-of-hearing waitress is my better half, Daria.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Cold as a brass bra in Alaska dis mawn'in.

Ok John, Let's shoot fer 'bout Easter, I can fix sum ham, tater salad, deviled eggs, 3 bean salad, and pickled peaches. We alway have 2 kinds of stuffed celery pimento cheese and blue cheese and lots and lots of wierd olives to much on whilst de ham is cook'in.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Always room for one more

Rats, I'm not the first post on the page anymore. And I ain't even close to it on this page. I was the first AND last post on page 81, though. It's the simple things in life.....

Okay so I will try the refresh button. Of course if I figure out how to keep this going I may never log off!

I vowed when I left Illinois that I wouldn't do winter anymore. So here I am going up to the frigid north in the middle of winter? I'm not the brightest sometimes. Well, if we get snowed in, we can always just spend the day in our swanky hotel room.

UG one more night of work. Last night wasn't too bad, plus I got out early this morning. I need a change bigtime but I can't beat the schedule anywhere. Maybe things will be better this year. I've been saying that for 12 years.

Mike
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks for the pics, John!! Nice to meet you, and nice to see you again, Jamesbo! That looks like a really nice place. Very pretty looking out the window, too! The sun!!!!!! And what a huge Christmas tree in there, lol!
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
CQR

Happy Tuesday. Welp, I didn't get my cover. Looks like they tried to deliver it on Saturday. (at my shop) so now they'll try again on the 4th. Oh, well, I need to wash it before covering it anyhow. I also need to get both the 10 and the AA out for insurance pic's.

Looks like you had one heck ofa feast. look at all those empty dishes.

Mike, I used to have issues like that when I was using IE as a browser, Now that I'm using Firefox, I don't seem to have the problems anymore.

Gonna be about 60 today, but most likely more wind. Hopefully the branches stay on the trees.
Have a great day!
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Buuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

It's 22 frigg'in degrees and de wind is blow'in.

Sandy, I don't see how y'all stand de cold weather. Dis is the first realy cold day we've had and it SUCKS. Golf course is frozen solid.

John, I think you an Daria got outa de mountain jes in time. De schools are closed dis mawn'in casue of snow and ICE, Tanks fer de pics. De waitress didn't make my "Tool shed" look to big.

Slantflat, I hate to brake it to ya, BUT, you're headed in de wrong direction. Turn around and head fer Miami.

Scot, Many thanks fer your HVAC insights. Ya need to bring your crowd up to Lake Burton dis summer. I've got a guest house y'all are welcome to any time.

Thanks fer de link. I really don't want anutter 69 H/O. If I wouldn't get shot, I'd tell ya all de bad things about dem.

If this economy would turn around. I'd really like a 69 drop top, 4 speed, W-30 [fat chance] and of course an Amphicar.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a crisp 17 degrees here and we have about 5 inches or so of snow on the ground. Depends on where you're at. Expecting lake effect on and off all day, but warming up towards the week end. works for me!! Larry was out early, plowing driveways.

Back to work. Brian is back, talking away..... it's 76 degrees in here and my fan is ON!! Of course Clay and Steve are cold out front cuz they're by the windows, but they have their heaters blasting.

It's gonna be a long day. Phones aren't ringing, faxes aren't coming. Guess I'll get paid to read today, lol!

Have a good one!

Jamesbo...... now you know why I whine about the weather!!! I hate this cold.............

Last edited by cutlassgal; January 3rd, 2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: frostbite, lol
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Always room for one more

Top o' the morning to ya

Clint I do use Firefox. Although my computer won't allow me to get the latest and greatest. I really could use a new one.

Leaving for New York today. I'm pretty excited, I've never been there. Gonna see lots of things, look up some people that I know, and hang out in a posh hotel. Heck, I might even get mugged on the subway! Well, maybe not.

I think I've officially ended my search for a Cutlass. Convertibles are hard to find/sell in the winter anyway, so I think I'll just buy a truck. I wouldn't haul scrap metal to the dump in a convertible anyway. I've been looking for almost 4 months. I'm losing my touch. Cars usually find me.

Think I'll hit the Awful house on my way to running errands. My friend Johnboy the server gets a kick out of how I order hash browns "sca-a-a-a-attered." That's a good word for a Chicagoan to say. He also laughs when I ask for pop. I'm glad I'm so entertaining.

An Amphicar, Jamesbo? I'll bet you didn't know I'm the president of the Amphicar club. I've had one for almost 18 years. They are a hoot. I wanted to get another one since mine is ailing, but these days I'm priced right out of the market. Oh well.

Mike

Last edited by slantflat; January 3rd, 2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Adding to my post since two more posts were posted before I posted.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Howdy Doody!

Jamesbo I have a question for you. Can you make it so the website doesn't time out for a longer amount of time? I get caught up reading some long threads and when I try to turn the page or look at something else, it says I have to log in again, which is rather annoying. It also resets the "new posts" thing so I can't see all the new posts. Why does it have to time out, anyway?

Mike
When you log in. there is a little chck box that says "remember me" put a check in it and it should make it to where you dont' have to keep re logging into the site.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
CQR

The place I bought my 10 from has a water car. Dang! They are 'spensive

http://www.ssmotorsportsowatonna.com...ce=-1&keyword=

Last edited by CQR; January 3rd, 2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: fat fingered
Old January 3rd, 2012, 07:18 AM

Good morning all

Things back to normal now that the holidays are over. If anyone watches Top Gear on BBC America they just did their top 10 episodes and the top two were about making amphibious cars and crossing a lake then the English channel. They had just what Jamesbo needs. A small pickup with the doors welded shut and sealed and a very large outboard motor on the back they actually made it across the English channel. Low cost option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTVPPTV-bQM
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Buuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

It's 22 frigg'in degrees and de wind is blow'in.
No doubt it is quite blustery and cold!! We don't like the windy cold days, the cold I can stand, but the wind and frigid temps make for a miserable day.

Scot, Many thanks fer your HVAC insights.

No problem, I just wish we'd met prior to you purchasing that system

Ya need to bring your crowd up to Lake Burton dis summer. I've got a guest house y'all are welcome to any time.
I sure hope to, I know the girls would love it and I as well.

Thanks fer de link. I really don't want anutter 69 H/O. If I wouldn't get shot, I'd tell ya all de bad things about dem.
You mean there is more than a 42 y/o car gwan up like a 100 y/o fat lighter barn?

If this economy would turn around. I'd really like a 69 drop top, 4 speed, W-30 [fat chance] and of course an Amphicar.
I think the Amphicar would be really neat, especially when camping. Ya wouldn't even have to stop at the campsite when you first get there, just drive on in the water and start fishin'
Old January 4th, 2012, 04:37 AM
CQR

Happy Humpday everyone.

Gonna be around 60 again today. Still have a good pile of snow on the yard. It may be all gone by the weekend, but at the rate its melting, I kinda doubt it. The Icedam is gone which is good. We have another chance of snow this weekend.

Sorry to here about the cold weather you mid-easterners are having to deal with. I'm glad its not us right now.

Well the kid has her first day of school since her little hiatus. The whole family is kinda nervous about it. I have my doubt, but I hope she can pull this off. It's her last semester in High school, and it sure would be neat for her to have a good time with it.

I actually had someone apply for a job that has a clean driving record Seems like a nice guy. He moved here from Rhode Island so he sure talks funny.

I wonder if you have to have license plates AND a boat registration on an amphibicar?

Have a good morning all.
Old January 4th, 2012, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Still freez'in down ere in de not so sunny south.

Sandy, I'd like de southern franchise fer whin'in 'bout the cold weather. I promise not to take any of your air time fer Ohio whin'in.

Yes, dos Amphi's is high as a cat's back.

Pat, Before I pay what sum folks is ax'in fer Amphis. I gonna weld my truck doors shut and add sum 50 gallon drums as pontoons. Already go a Honda 90 on "Das Boat" I reccon ya gots ta weld up de tail gate too in case you want put it in "R"

Scot, Those beautiful Talbot style 69 H/O mirrors are about as usless as [fill in de black with your favorite adage] A crane might be able to see wit dem but dat's 'bout all. I guess it's my ole age, but I luv drop tops. So does de super model.

Originally Posted by CQR
I wonder if you have to have license plates AND a boat registration on an amphibicar?.
Yep, Cha gotta have both de tag fer driv'in and de hull # fer boat'in.

Wander if Slantflat is jump'in over sleep'in whinos yet?

Happy Hump day Y'all .................Hump away.
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a brisk 23 degrees this morning now, was 17 earlier! We're havin a heat wave! Supposed to be in the 30's today. Works for me!!

Clint..... hope all goes well for your daughter today! I will be thinking about her. Talking about hiring..... Larry is going through a temp agency, looking for help, and he's requiring a drug test. Needless to say, there aren't many applicants, lol! He had one guy that lasted 3 weeks, then he didn't show yesterday. So Larry called the agency and said don't send him back. It sucks!!

Jamesbo..... you can have all the air time for the Southern states weather whinin', lol!! I heard where it's really cold in Florida today too. There goes the price of fruit. Not that they need a reason to raise prices, but that one usually works. I could sure go for some of those delicious Gawja peaches about now, lol! I paid $3.99 for a little container of strawberries the other night. That's just waaaayyy too much money. I love fresh fruit though.

Well have a great hump day all!
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Morning all, around 84 deg these days, not bad but too hot to be cleaning and maintaining machines

Your welcome Jamesbo, glad you like the calender The Tasmanian Devil might look cute but they can be quite vicious

On those cool nights Sandy you can sit there looking at your calender thinking that is 30 min drive away for Adrian, that little *#?t lol

At ice skating I was given the job to teach min how to skate even though I had never done it in my life I only fell down once in 2 hours which isn't too bad but my knees hurt for 2 days after that so I don't think I will be doing that again any time soon

The Xmas shutdown at work is almost over, I don't mind them but I don't get any night shifts to give me more of a rest in between not used to 6 12 hour days in a row

I should get some mango's off the tree out back in a few days which will be nice.

We are looking into buying a house down here. For the same amount I am paying in rent and car loan repayments I can buy a whole house and keep the car Talk to the mortgage broker next week to see what he can do for us. Fingers crossed. Already found a nice one we want

Time for work again hopefully I can get on here more frequently, have a great day

Adrian
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Good mid-afternoon

Started the day early with my first meeting at 6:00 am just got on the site. Raining here as usual this time of year. Walked by the 57 and gave her a pat on the hood thru the cover. I sure miss cruising a lot. We haven't got to the cold weather hear yet, that doesn't start until the end of the month most years.

Good luck on getting the house you want Adrian.

Jamsbo you could always mount the outboard on the back of your Olds drop top or put paddle wheels on it and us it for a boat

Speaking of drug testing gotta go do my random test this afternoon plus a breathalyzer test. Think I'll have a couple of scotches before I go. Almost quit my job this morning over this got in an argument with the CFO and walked out on him. Getting to old for this ****
Old January 5th, 2012, 05:45 AM
CQR

Morning Olds lovers,

Well, Getting some oil tanks to replace the drums today. This recession has increased the amount of oil changes I do. I guess it's all they can afford. I don't really have room for the tanks, but I cut down the bench that holds the lathe and found a different place to store the Hotsy.

Gonna be about 60 again. Hope you all get some warmer weather.

Thanks Sandy, she seemed to have a pretty good day yesterday, so we'll take it one day at a time.

Pat, I've always threatened to test, but never went through with it. I just watched the reaction on their faces. That told me all I needed to know.

Adrian, Enjoy the nice weather. There are some of us that sure wouldn't mind having it right now.

I received my cover yesterday. Now I need a good day on the weekend to wash the car before putting it on.

Jamesbo I have extra 'pontoons' if you need them.

Well tonight's the night I get to play with my ***** in public. Thats right It's bowling night. Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear and much warmer dis mawn'in. Should hit de low 50's

Clint,

Tanks fer de offer but my bud Donny [DonL442] who werks at de golf course has got more empty barrels dan Carter's got Little Liver pills.

Glad your girl is tak'in baby steps in de right direction.

"There but for the grace of God go I." John Bradford.

Adrian, My first and las attempt at ice skat'in [c. 1958] landed me in de hospital wit 18 stiches in my forehead. So, I think you came out REAL WELL.

Pat, I don't know what to say, I'd a thunk by now you was like me and wouldn't argue wit anyone 'bout anything. If it ain't cancer or a heart attack, it ain't too important. I do however often shake my head and say, "FTW are they think'in?"

Pat, If'in I was gonna build a float car, I think I might get a ragged out Vista cruiser and cut de top off fer starters. [More room ]
Old January 5th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well this will be the 3rd time I've tried to post this morning! Don't know what's goin on with my wifi....... I hate this thing!

Its cloudy and 32 degrees now. Supposed to get sun later and temps heading into the 40's tomorrow and warmer next week. Must be our January thaw already, lol! I'll take it.

Not much going on in here. Quiet.

Clint..... glad all went well for the child yesterday! Hope it continues!

Adrian..... Hope you all get the house! That will be great! We have 7 years left to pay on ours.

Jamesbo..... you musta been a young pup in 1958..... I was born in 1958, lol!! I've never ice skated or roller skated. No desire ever to do so either!

Have a great day all!
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;356476]
Pat, I don't know what to say, I'd a thunk by now you was like me and wouldn't argue wit anyone 'bout anything. If it ain't cancer or a heart attack, it ain't too important. I do however often shake my head and say, "FTW are they think'in?"

I usually don't get upset but this was kind of a trickle down effect from several things that have happened lately with getting half undressed at the airport, getting put on a state drug watch list because I take a sleep aid, etc. Sometime I just think my private life isn't private life anymore. I look over my shoulder and see big brother watching me instead of the enemy
Old January 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM

We'll I've got good news and bad news.

Good news: It was warmer here than Miami, FL. yesterday. Smashed all sorts of records with hi temps all over the province. It's been raining, but no snow. Oh well, don't have to shovel rain.

Bad news: The wind broke a branch off my Birch tree (about 4" diameter) this morning, and it found the Aurora's windshield. It looks like someone was trying to break into the car head first. $350 for a new one because it's tinted, has an antenna and is rain sensitive. Dang car was only $800.

Attachment 178693

Attachment 178694
Old January 6th, 2012, 04:47 AM
CQR

Good morning.

Well our 70 degree weather has come to an end. It was nice workin in short sleeves with the garage doors open. Supposed to get 3-6" of snow tomorrow night .

Sandy hope you enjoy the weather we've had. I'll be missing it.

Ken, bummer about the branch. Dang the trees this year. They're causing a lot of problems.

Pat, I sure wish people would focus on the important things. and it's really a shame that common sense has all but disappeared.

Jamesbo, I've heard lots of stories about this Carter fella, I havent been able to figure out if he is a Pharmacist or a drug dealer.

Paul, 143, 197, 210 last night.

Last edited by CQR; January 6th, 2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old January 6th, 2012, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Chilly dis mawn'in wit a cold front an rain com'in in dis weekend.

Ken, Sorry 'bout the tree. De [de trees] did issue a warn'in and said if we didn't stop cutt'in dem down de'd retaliate. De even "Took out" Sonny Bono.

Pat, I don't know if it's true er not.But I heard if ya really had to go an de men's room was occupied wit sum one werk'in de NY Times Crossword puzzle on de throne. an ya decided to use an "Empty" Ladies room. Ya could be listed as a sex offender.

I agree we are liv'in in a Orwellian world des days. Remember when fly'in was "fun" ?

Kinda reminds me of dat "Guy from de Bronx" skit.

He starts to go into Yankee Stadium and de take away his pin knife and his wife's knitt'in needles and it turns out it's "Bat day" and de give away 10,000 baesball bats to de crowd. Makes sense to me. WTF were de think'in.

Clint, I'm guess'in does numbers ere bowl'in scores. De're 'bout like my golf scores sum days.

Sandy, you're still a pup. My dear ole mother "down loaded" me when Heckor was a cadet.

De weather man must a answered yo prayers. De say dat de cold fron up your way is headed down ere.

TGIF
Old January 6th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Clear and bright here this morning! Already 40 degrees. It's a lovely thing!!! Beautiful sunrise out there!!!!!

Still quiet in here. Been a long week for a short one, lol.

Ken...... That sucks, bud! At least it missed the roof - it could have been smushed. We have no trees right close to the driveway, thank God, but if one of the big ones out in the yard ever came down towards the drive they would hit whatever is sitting in the driveway. We have a lot of full grown Maples in the yard. I worry with the way the winds are anymore. Seems like we have much more high winds these last few years than we used to.

Clint.... I'll be sure and enjoy the warmth while it lasts! We'll get the arctic temps and snow soon enough I'm sure. We always do. Glad your ***** did you well last evening, lol!

I should go up to Lins and take her shopping this weekend. We'll see. I need to hang the new drapes I got for her off of ebay too. She has a 109" wide window in the living room, well the bedroom too, and they have those damned traverse rods on them. I hung regular curtains when she moved in, with hooks, and they look like crap! So I found some inexpensive traverse rod ones on ebay and got them. I also got 2 packs of the "slider" hooks for on the rod, as half of them are missing on hers. Guess the property management doesn't care if the windows look like crap, but I do, lol! So there's another project for me and Jean to do. Traverse rod drapes are soooo expensive! JC Penney is about the only place you can buy them anymore. Glad I got a good deal on ebay!

I found out that Nicole has moved out of Dave's..... she's staying with "friends". I don't even want to know, as all her friends are male! Guess she's been gone since the day after Christmas. She needs "space". She needs a good swift kick in the a$$!!!!!!!!! Dave has supported her for almost a year, got her the dog she always wanted and put hundreds of dollars into vet bills for it, bought a house for them, given her just about whatever she wants, and a heck of a lot more. And she's mad cause he makes messes and doesn't clean them up, or leaves his clothes laying around, and doesn't give her 'space'.... Excuse me? He's the one working every day. You're the one sitting at home on your a$$ playing video games....... I don't know. I feell soooo bad for Dave. He's the nicest guy, and he's put up with alot from her. I give up. I'd have never thought she'd turn out as she has, doing the crap she's done. The stress just continues.........

Well on that happy note, lol, you all have a great Friday!
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM

Hum,

Sandy, Most de kids I know gots plenty of "space" Betwix der ears.
Old January 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

You got that right, Jamesbo! Well I don't look to hear from her for a few days cause I sent her about 4 texts this morning and I let her know what I think of her using Dave and treating him like she did. I feel sorry for the poor sod she's with now!

Boy did it get nice here today! I went out and walked at lunch time - the sun felt sooooo good! It's right around 50 degrees and warm breezes. Couldn't ask for better weather for Jan. 6th in Ohio, lol!
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM

Talking

Sandy,

Don't lose all hope my middle son did not get his brain in gear until he was in his early thirty's damn near killed his mom with worry and almost destroyed our marriage along the way. Have faith

Jamesbo,

I thought bowling scores and golf scores were interchangeable as long as they were done within the same month

Ken,

Bad news about the windshield just when you think you have a good deal...............Kind of like the hot water tank going out just when you splurge on the big screen TV
Old January 7th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Got back late last night. New York was awesome! We stayed in a fancy tall hotel and our room looked right down on the WTC memorial. Walked all over Manhattan and Midtown. Fun, fun time. I hear the weather was nice here while I was gone, and I got back just in time for rain. Nice.

So, gonna go get my dogs in a little bit and then I hope that's it until I go to Australia in March. The sun's out today, so maybe I can do something outside, after I get all caught up from being gone.

Oh one thing I did get to see was the Pan Am Worldport terminal at JFK. It's getting knocked down next year and I wanted to see it before then. Nothing special anymore; in its day it was really something to see. These days it's falling apart and is grossly inadequate for what is required.

A big trip like that is fun, but it's nice to be back. I'm still off work until Wednesday so I have plenty of time to catch up.

Mike
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Mawn'in

Warm but gett'in cloudy

Slatflat, Glad cha made it home in one piece.

Sandy, Isn't it funny [parculiar funny, not haha funny] dat jes 'bout de time Larry starts speak'in to Nicole, she stops speak'in to you.

Pat, I cooked me up sum sausage and home made biscuits dis mawn'in. I tried sum 'em a little different, I put sum egg in the milk and brushed de top wit an egg wash.

Came out really lite and crumbly [not flakey] I don't know how to make bisucits dat have layers like de canned "whomp" biscuits. I used to use lard or Crisco but lately, I've been ric'in de flour wit butter.

You got any specail biscuit techniques?
Old January 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
CQR

Morning.

Jamesbo, My technique is to use the canned 'whomp' biscuits . The missus made Some tasty chicken last night.

Mike , welcome home.

Sandy. I feel your pain. We haven't left our kid (17+) unsupervised since she got home, I want to see what she does, but she still seems to gravitate towards undesirables to talk to. On one hand I want to control her every movement until shes 18 and then let her have at it, but I know thats the 'easy way out' and not really teaching her anything. Sure wish there was a manual supplied when they shoot out of moms nether regions.

There's a really good article on teenagers brains in Nat. Geographic this last year. It explains why kids around 10 are so much smarter than teenagers. As soon as puberty hits, the brain falls apart and starts to rebuild. crazy.

Gonna get the toyota ready to plow this weekend. could get up to 6" of snow tonite & tomorrow.

I did get my new BFG radial T/A's yesterday for the 10

Have a great weekend all.
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:35 AM

Warm but gett'in cloudy

Pat, I cooked me up sum sausage and home made biscuits dis mawn'in. I tried sum 'em a little different, I put sum egg in the milk and brushed de top wit an egg wash.

Came out really lite and crumbly [not flakey] I don't know how to make bisucits dat have layers like de canned "whomp" biscuits. I used to use lard or Crisco but lately, I've been ric'in de flour wit butter.

You got any specail biscuit techniques?
My wife is the baker in the family. I know she uses part cake flour and part white flour for her biscuits and they are great. She's gonna make some southern cats head biscuits. I see if she has anything else special.
Old January 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo do you have a recipe for Halibut? A guy gave me two pieces, the first one I fixed in Mushroom soup. It was okay, but I want to do something different.

Actually I have a recipe that cooks it on the engine of your car. Don't think I want to try that in the winter. Might cook unevenly.

Mike
Old January 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM

Mike,

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/capers-and-halibut/

Ere's a good one if'in ya like capers

De mushroom soup don't sound so good to me.

Thars' also one I make with vinegar, sugar, minced onions, and bell peppers but I can't write it down cause I got fool around wit de sugar and vinegar to get it to taste jes right.
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Afternoon Mornin People!

Weather is beautiful and the temps are 70ish. Weatherman called for showers dis mornin but I saw about 5 drops.

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jamesbo do you have a recipe for Halibut? A guy gave me two pieces, the first one I fixed in Mushroom soup. It was okay, but I want to do something different.
Actually I have a recipe that cooks it on the engine of your car. Don't think I want to try that in the winter. Might cook unevenly.
Mike
I like it grilled, wrap it in a layer of tin foil and douse it with lemon juice, sprinkle lemon pepper and paprika. Generally 1/2" - 3/4" fillets take 8-12 mins to be done on one side and checked after around 6 mins on the other. (Depending on grill and/or the griller)
Old January 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Never met a Gawga Boy who didn't like fish.
Old January 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Never met a Gawga Boy who didn't like fish.
Me either. My wife cannot stand the things at all, much less let me cook them in the house. The only fish she'll touch is the tunie fish She's a keeper for sure but I'll never understand why she won't eat any other kind.
Old January 7th, 2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks for all the sympathy. Replaced the windshield yesterday and it looks like I'm driving without one . It's so frickin' clean! So since it's above freezing and there is no snow on the driveway, I hand washed the car...with warm water. I figure it was the "Canadian" thing to do...winter coat and a washing bucket. Now to get propane for the bar-b-que....