The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM

Garlic Shoulder Roast

If you like Pork & Garlic this is for you

1-garlic head
1-Tablespoon kosher salt
1-tablespoon whole black peppercorns
2-cups loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
1/4-cup Olive oil
2-Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1-(4-5 1/8 LB) bone in pork shoulder ( we all know bone adds to the flavor

1. Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and oregano in the bowl of a food processor. Process until garlic is chopped. Add olive oil and vinegar and process to form a thick past. Place pork in a large roasting pan fat side up and score top with a sharp knife. Rub garlic mixture over meat; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.

2. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F

3. Place pork in oven and roast about 3 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Let Pork cool slightly and then chop or tear into large chunks.

Yum Yum good stuff.

Hint: Spray bottom of pan to prevent sticking crust
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:49 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain moved out, front moved in. Kinda like Pearl Harbor Day..........There's a little "Nip" in de air.

Pat,

Thanks, Dat sounds yummy, I'll give Your recipe a try real soon.

Sorry, But I don't do meetings, movies or Malls.

Yep cast iron cook ware is good stuff. IMHO cause it keeps stuff hot. I'm kinda like you, I started using the stuff camp'in out when I was a pup. Only piece I don't care fer much is the thingy dat makes the corne bread logs/sticks.

I'll bet Scot will attest to this. Ya jes can't make decent corn bread w/o a cast iron skillet. Sum of mine are 3 generations old.

Sandy, Ya got's a spare bed room?

Lions, Tigers and bears, Oh my

Scot, I'm gonna break out de ole Holland and Holland 500 nitro express double rifle and hed fer Ohio. Wanta come along? We could bags us a few tigers in no time and turn around and head home.

Back to cook'in Poke.

If I wants sum to slice fer sandwiches, I usually cook a whole poke loin wraped in foil, If I wanted pulled poke fer sandwiches er Brunswick stew, I generaly cook a Boston Butt wrapped in foil slower and longer. Sum time when either one is done, I'll toss dem on a smoker fer a little exta flavor.

Dag Nabbit, Done made myself hungry A-gain.
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:42 AM

Good evening all, been cloudy with a few drips of rain the last week.

Watch out for those animals up there Sandy. Even made the news over here.

I will be mowing the lawn this weekend if it doesn't rain so fingers crossed. It needs it. Damn summer, little shower then the grass grows a foot in no time

Last night shift tonight. Looking forward to a bit more sleep

Back to work, have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:58 AM
CQR

Morning. Pat sounds great. I'll try it soon. Sounds like the popo took care of the critters, so its safe to roam again Sandy.

Have a good night Adrian.
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:28 AM

Surprised the do gooders wern't up in arms about the killing of the poor old lions and tigers. They could have thinned out the deer population and taken care of any stray cats and dogs oh and a few winos as well.

Raining here and gotta go to work talk to you all later
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo..... you're up early, lol!! Yep, they got all the viscious critters that were running around. Citcapp.... the bleeding hearts were out in full force criticizing law enforcement for shooting the animals. They still are, lol. So if they hadn't shot them and someone got killed or their animals got killed, everyone would be shouting "Why didn't you shoot them??" They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't. I feel they did the right thing. Tranqs wouldn't of worked, they said. They tried one on a tiger and like 30 seconds later, it was up again.....

I really don't think people need to have these kind of animals in friggin cages in their back yards. No reason for it. You get people that snap like this guy did - gonna retaliate against someone for something,- and they do stupid crap like open the cages and then kill themselves! I don't get it.

Well it's raining and 43 cold degrees here today. We have now set a NEW RECORD OF THE MOST PRECIPITATION IN A YEAR! That's a sad depressing thing, to me. We've had more than 54 inches of precip so far, which bypassed our old record set back in 1990. I remember that summer...... it rained every friggin weekend.

Still looking good for the weekend!! The show must go on........ It's gonna take forever for the yard to dry up enough to get Teepo into that back garage, though. She may be spending a portion of the winter in the house garage.

I have on capri's and sandals and short sleeves again today. It's up to 80 degrees in here according to my thermometer and it's just too friggin hot! Steve is wearing sweaters already, and has his heater crankin on high every day. I have the fan on in here, but it's just too hot. Can't turn down the thermostat or they bitch. This middle room just bakes. They stay cooler out there cause they are by the windows. When they go out at lunch, I open the door and turn the thermostat down a notch. It's no wonder they're sick all the time. Don't know what they'll do when it gets COLD outside, lol. What a bunch of pantywaists!!! Brian over here..... Oh I'm comfortable.... what a wimp. They'd never make it at my house with no heat right now. I'm about to turn my fan up to 2 and really **** Brian off, lol.

Well you all have a great day!
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Yep cast iron cook ware is good stuff. IMHO cause it keeps stuff hot. I'm kinda like you, I started using the stuff camp'in out when I was a pup. Only piece I don't care fer much is the thingy dat makes the corne bread logs/sticks.

I'll bet Scot will attest to this. Ya jes can't make decent corn bread w/o a cast iron skillet. Sum of mine are 3 generations old.

Scot, I'm gonna break out de ole Holland and Holland 500 nitro express double rifle and hed fer Ohio. Wanta come along? We could bags us a few tigers in no time and turn around and head home.
That's correct Jamesbo.

Sure let's go, I'll round up some ammo fer da 45/70 jest in case dat feller had an elephant or some buffalo
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Sorry Scot, We're too late. I jes herd on de raido de local boys got a jump on our Ohio Safari. Nutt'in left but one poor scared $hiltess monkey. De think one of the tigers might have don eat him anywho.

Save de ammo,I'm gonna hit Mega Millions dis weekend and we can go bag us a couple of Ovis polli.
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds great Jamesbo, I'm ready to retire when ye hits da big un.
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM

I got me a couple of the dutch ovens, one porcelain coated cast iron, one natural, and one from the late 1800's that belonged to my great grandparents. Great to cook with, with little hassle. My sis wondered what happened to the great grandparents kettle, I informed her that "mom gave it to me years ago", she didn't seem to pleased about that....har har.
Old October 21st, 2011, 03:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear and chilly dis mawn'in.

Speak'in of cast iron pots/pans etc. HTH do you [or did they] keep cast iron kettles from rust'in?

Scot,

Bring dat 47-70 up ere and blow away sum ground hogs for de hibernate fer winter and I have to go thru de garden mess A-gain. De frigg'in SOB's ate a pumpkin next to de garage dat my wife stuck out there.

Pat, I didn't see your comment of de "Born to be wild " thread in de club house. It's a stitch fer us Baby Boomers

W3155, Ever made cobler in one of dem Dutch ovens?

Sandy, I guess Larry's baked beans and cqr's link is kinda a "Double Entrende?

[If you've got a sick sense of humor and have watch "Blazz'in Saddles" a few thousand times]

Y'all have a wondeful day
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:47 AM

Wipe/smear crisco or another vegetable oil all over, in and outside, set in 300* oven for an hour, and yer good. Haven't made a cobbler yet, but have thought about it more than once. Will probably whip something up this fall. Gonna make a chocolate cherry cheesecake this weekend (not in a ketttle!).
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:48 AM
CQR

^^^ Funny Jamesbo. Have a great Friday everyone!
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and still windy and rainy. In the 40's. They're calling for frost tomorrow night and Sunday night, even though the daytime is still supposed to be sunny. One last show coming up....... Gonna be a looooooonnngggg time until May rolls around again.

Had me a nice bowl of hot Cinnamon Swirl Oatmeal this morning. Brian is off today and Monday, so it's nice and quiet in here. I have the fan on - it's heading up towards 78 degrees in here right now.... too friggin hot!! I did put jeans on today with my T-shirt and sandals. I'll probably end up rolling them up above my knees like I did last week, lol. Steve and Clay both have on heavy winter sweaters today. I sure don't know what they'll do when it gets cold out.

Next Tuesday is my birthday, so I'm taking the day off. I have an appointment to take the rims to Highland Road Auto Body and see what they say about cleaning them up and painting them. Then I have to go to Ravenna to take Lin to get blood drawn for her yearly cholesterol check and such. I told Larry I don't want any gifts - just say happy b'day. After the fit I had last year on my b'day, I'm sure I don't have to worry about it. All I'd really like is for him and Nicole to get along and talk again and relieve some of the stress it puts on me when he acts like this, but I'm sure that is an impossible wish. Tuesday is also Larry's daughter's b'day, so he can celebrate that one.

I'm hoping to get Teepo out for a photo shoot tomorrow. I can't believe we haven't seen the sun in a friggin week!!! No wonder people in the Northeast are so prone to illnesses and crap. We don't get any vitamin D from the sun, and it's gloomy and depressing all the time for like 6 months. It sucks, lol!!

So far nothing has eaten any of my pumpkins or gouards, Jamesbo. I have had something eat the Indian corn before, though. Don't know if it was a raccoon or what. The deer must not like pumpkins, lol! Doodle left me a nice mourning dove in the breezeway on the rug this morning. He knows better than to eat my birds. I thanked him, though.

Well guess I better do something, so you all have a great Friday!!

Anyone heard from Ken??? He hasn't been on in like a month or so??? I'm worried!!
Old October 22nd, 2011, 03:38 AM
CQR

Happy Saturday all.

Good luck with the Rims Sandy, Are you gonna get Teepo parked in the back garage first? or wait till your rims come back to move her back there?

I have to go 'In Search of' today. Gonna hit all the thrift stores looking for a simple white cotton summer dress for the kids Halloween costume. Not an easy thing to find this time of year. Prolly gonna take the 442. haven't fired her up in a couple weeks.

Quiet thread yesterday. Hope all is well.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 04:13 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Morning All!

Anyone heard from Ken??? He hasn't been on in like a month or so??? I'm worried!!
I know I've been quiet lately too. I got E-Mail from Ken (442Much) on the 16th. I can't believe he hasn't been here for a month. I'm a memebr of the Northern Lights and got a message from him through there.

Adam

Last edited by arodenhiser; October 22nd, 2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Thai POh
Old October 22nd, 2011, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in all

Las nite it went down below 40. A little frost on de pumpkins.

Glad Ken's Ok. Tell him to get his buttox back on dis thread, I can't hold it up w/o him for ever.

Case I forgets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Happy Berday Sandy. I'm gonna send cha some sunshine fer your special day.

1969w3155,
Tanks fer de tip, but would dat make your tee taste like lard?

CQR, Good luck on your hunt

Y'all have a great weekend
Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM

Good morning all

Hi everyone,

Rainy day here. I have lots of work to catch up on today so will be stuck at the computer most of the day.

Sandy going to have birthday on Tuesday. My guess is she will finally be 29. Seems to be as old as a women can get

Have Ken get his A$$ back here. Jamsbo can't keep this going by himself. He's go burying to do
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM

1969w3155,
Tanks fer de tip, but would dat make your tee taste like lard?
Hee hee, uh no.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

When I Grow Up..........

Here's a nice drawing my better half found on one of her forum boards. I had to laugh.

Adam
Old October 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM

Adam,

Thanks for the email. So....what's happening around here? I've been AWOL lately, mostly doing stuff around the house preparing for winter and getting involved in my son's football.

Nice weather (for the season) around here lately and my youngest's son's bantam football team went undefeated this season. He has had his name printed in the local paper for 5 out of 7 games so he's really starting to show some skill.

He's in junior high and has been scouted by two local high schools. I have spoken with one school already. Ultimately it will be his choice, but it's nice that they're asking.

He and I have been practing punting returns (he returned two in a row in a game for touchdowns and is now the punt receiver). He'd on defence (37 points against in 7 games with 5 shutouts) but plays on special teams and lately offence too.

The 442 is in the garage for the last month and the last show I was at was Sept 10. Tomorrow the battery comes out. I started watching The Walking Dead again and also started watching Terra Nova. Need my TV when winter comes.

Here's my 14 year old Josh with some teammates. He's number 21.

Attachment 179545

Attachment 179546

Attachment 179547

Our game: 3 downs, 110 yards (55 yard is centre) wider field than US ball.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM

Nice to see you back Ken,

Your son looks like a sturdy guy, also sounds like he makes you very proud. My middle son was a great football and basket ball player. Your pictures take me back. He is 40 years old now.

Your making great memories.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Welcome back Ken! We missed ya!

Well we had SUNSHINE today!!!!!! It was a most wonderful thing! Blue skies instead of gray. It got up in the 50's, but God it was nice to see the sun. It felt sooooo good! We have a chance of frost tonight cause temps are going to the 30's. Still supposed to be sunny tomorrow for the show!!

Spent most of the the day out taking Teepo pics to submit for the calendar. Sure would like to make it again this year.

Clint... I plan on having the other rims put on her next spring when she comes out of hibernation, lol. I'm in no hurry - just want them on before next show season. The yard is gonna have to do a lot of drying up before I can even think about driving her across it, and it's looking like more rain next week, soooo it's gonna be awhile I think.

Well, gotta download my pics, so I'll talk to ya all tomorrow after the show! Wish us luck!!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM

Good morning all

Another partly rainy day with some clearing. Weathermen must take a course in double speak with this kind of statement they are never wrong.

I am going spend the rest of the day working on the 48. Starting to make noticeable progress.

have a great Sunday everyone.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Nice to see you back Ken,

Your son looks like a sturdy guy, also sounds like he makes you very proud. My middle son was a great football and basket ball player. Your pictures take me back. He is 40 years old now.

Your making great memories.
Thanks Pat. Yeah, he makes me proud. But I'd be proud even if he didnt play ball. I'm lucky. My three boys make me proud with the way they've turned out and are turning out. I was never a big football fan until my youngest started playing. I've never missed a game and even watch the practices (4 days a week for 3 hours) and games on the weekends. The coach of their team is an Alberta provincial judge and he's strict but fair. The boys have really bonded and are more like brothers now. Their first playoff test is today just after lunch against a team they've never played before. Go Rams.

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Welcome back Ken! We missed ya!
Aw shucks , I didn't think you guys cared. Thanks Sandy.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Afternoon All!

I was assigned to work on Sundays for Uncle Sugar at the USPS. Hmmmm they much trust me an awful lot since I am so new. I got keys to everything and alarm codes and even the code for the safe I likes it alot with me alone to werk w/out da micro manager standing over me all da time. Anywho I guess I must have made a great impression on them to stick me with all the responsibility of all that

Good to hear the great things your son is accomplishing Ken I hope it takes him far and even get a free ride in college. Awesome.

Hippo Belated Burpday Sandy

Yall have a great day!

Scot
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a gorgeous day here today!! Sun and 60 degrees. We did have our first frost last night. Everything was coated this morning, and it was 35 degrees. Not ready for this.... Can't wait until they start getting the gas line and meter hooked up so we get some heat!! They could start anytime......

We had a great time at the show!! Won again, lol. The most unusual "trophy" I've ever seen, lol. Will post a pic on a new thread.

Scot... ya didn't miss my berfday... it's on Tuesday! Sounds like you're settling in to the new job - that's a good thing!

Well gotta download my pics so I'll talk to ya tomorrow!!
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:03 AM
CQR

Monday morning all.

Not much to say.

Glad you're back Ken. Congrats on the winning season for your boy.

Congrats Scot.

Need to get the plow on the toyota. They are talking up to 6 inches on Tuesday. Really not looking forward to it.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another dark dreary rainy Monday morning here. 50 degrees. Supposed to clear up by late afternoon and get up to around 60.

Clint.... we have a cold front coming in our area Thursday. Highs are to be around 40 and on Friday. You keep that "other stuff" out there, you hear?

Jamesbo.... are ya golfing??

It's hot in here - surprise surprise. Got the fan on. 76 is too hot in this small office. Brian is off today so it's quiet. Steve and Clay are busy. I'm off tomorrow! Gonna take the rims to the body shop, hopefully clean Tincanio. Would like to get a coat of wax on her before winter.

Well you all have a good Monday!
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Mawn'in all

A cool mawn'in but warming up to de 60's today.

Sandy,

Don't go on any hay rides up thar. I saw on de news whar de guy driv'in de tractor drove off de road [drunk] and turned over a bunch of folks.

Ken, You deserve to be proud of dem boys.

Scot, So de gave ya de keys to de safe. Must have a trust'in mug. Be careful, De's gots cameras ever whar. Might be a trick to test ya. De probably gave ya de keys to an empty safe. Sorry, I've watch too may "X files" and don't trust Uncle Sugar. Scully is a hottie don't cha think.

CQU, Ya plow with a rice burner? Shame on you.

Got the local press com'in today to do a story on my Green Cemetery, so whitely will have to wait a while.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:52 AM

Good morning all

Jamsbo,

Wear your best suit and tie, I expect to see the story on the national news and I want you to look your best.

Have the Monday morning blues. I'd rather be out in the garage then setting behind this computer. I am beginning to think is owns me rather then the other way around.
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, So de gave ya de keys to de safe. Must have a trust'in mug. Be careful, De's gots cameras ever whar. Might be a trick to test ya. De probably gave ya de keys to an empty safe. Sorry, I've watch too may "X files" and don't trust Uncle Sugar. Scully is a hottie don't cha think.
Yup dey gave me the whole run of da place on Sundays. The safe is da real McCoy it is big enough to drive a 73 Omega inside Dey can test me all dey want, I don't steal, beg or borrow I even have my own security code fer da alarm. And yessir Skully is a hottie

X2 on putting on ur suit and bowtie fer da camera Jamesbo

Congrats Sandy on your win and I'll be sure to wish you a Happy Burpday tomorrow

Yall have a good day

Scot
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM

Morning all, bit of fog riding in to work this morning.

Good to hear you had a clear day on Sunday Sandy. Good looking trophy, it's big

Wear your Sunday best Jamesbo when those news people come around

Good to hear from you Ken. I would be proud too

Getting the keys is a good thing Scot. Now if you get in trouble you have a hide out

Well time for work, have a good day everyone. Happy birthday Sandy, have a good one

Adrian
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Good evening all.

School has been keeping me busy lately. I had a midterm Friday. But this week is study week, so I get to stay home all week!

Yesterday was a nice sunny, cool day. I decided it was a perfect day for a drive, so sent out an email to see if anyone wanted to go for a cruise. We ended up a group of 16 cars cruising the backroads. We stopped at a flea market, at set of locks on the St. Lawrence river and for dinner on the way home.

Today went to look at another Olds. Am I the only one who really should not get another car but still keeps looking at kijiji, craigslist and ebay all the time? It was a '48 Olds hot rod, but seeing the car in person and getting more information, it's not for me. I like the style of the '48 though, so maybe someday.

Good to see you back, Ken.

Scot, they trusted you with the keys? Sounds like you are doing good.

Jamesbo, are you famous yet?

Sandy, congratulations.
Old October 25th, 2011, 04:24 AM
CQR

Told the missus to get ready for 10 inches tonite she glared at me and said shes already seen the forecast.
6-10 tonite and 3-5 more tomorrow. Not sure the trees have shed enough to handle it. May get kinda ugly here.

Jamesbo. I have to put the plow on the yoter, cuz my chevy can't turn sharp enough.

Pat, I hope you can get away from the puter long enough to keep your eyes from going buggy.

Love the cartoon Adam.

Scot, May have to see pics of this Skully individual to see if you 2 know what your talking about

Adrian, Is vegemite all it's cracked up to be?

C_D I'm with you, I look everyday and think I could use a couple more. But I really don't have time for the things I have.

Have a Tuesday everyone.
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy Berfday Sandy

CQR Ere's a pic of Scully from de "X files" ......IMHO, She'd make a freight train take a dirt road.

Pat, I don't own a suit and long ago forgot how to tie a tie. What cha see is what cha get.

Speak'in as a new vegamite user. It's good in very small amounts with alot of butter.

Adrian may vouch for this, It's kinda whatever you grow up eat'in. Me it's GRITS. Fer Sum folks [Who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up.] it's dat nasty $hit de call Cream of Wheat.

Car Designer, No I'm not famous, But I keep hop'in the Green Cemetery business will catch on. I told the reporter yesterday. "The only thing stupider than pay'in $800-$1,000 for a concrete vault to bury in the ground, was the warranty they give you with it. Like, whatcha gonna do, Wake up one day and say, Let's go dig up grandpa and see if the vault warranty is any good.

Y'all have a wonderful day.
Old October 25th, 2011, 05:45 AM

Good morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Sandy!

It's 43F right now, and that is warmer than morning has been the last couple of days

CQR, please keep the white stuff over there. I'm not ready for it yet.

Good point about the warranty, Jamesbo.

Have a good day.
Old October 25th, 2011, 07:48 AM

Good morning Sandy and the rest of the bunch

Have a great 29th birthday, may you eat lots of cake and get a least one worthy present. I will toast you tonight with 2 fingers of Irish Whiskey.

Jamsbo, I am anti suite and tie myself. You could put a warranty of the dirt it should last forever. The only reason you can eat that vegamite is by hiding the flavor with butter That's some nasty stuff. By the way I checked the national news this morning but must have missed your interview.
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hippo 29th Burpday Sandy!
http://youtu.be/glNjsOHiBYs

Yes Paul dey trust with da keys and den some LOL

Jamesbo da only warranty I want is that dey won't dig me up so dey can pave a new road were I lay or for any reason for all that matters.
The only thing I know about Vegemite samiches is that it is in a "Men At Work" song http://youtu.be/MeG-hNXXy6I

Yall have a good day! Especially Sandy
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Happy birthday Sandy, again

Jamesbo is right Clint, it is an acquired taste. I grew up with it so I don't mind it. It has a pretty high salt content though so if you don't like salt much then it's probably not for you

I'm with you on cemetery burial too Jamesbo, why spend money on crap like a warranty when your family you leave behind can put that to the party

Good luck with your study week Paul, get in another cruise if you can

I am having a little overheating problem at the moment with the car so I'm not driving it at the moment. My fan has crapped out and the radiator needs a good flush so hopefully that will fix the problem. I stopped driving it when it hit 210 as I don't like cars to run that hot

Have a good day ya'll

Adrian