The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan - too funny. Sorry to hear about the stomach bug and I hope you get better soon. Being sick is such a PITA. Are your statins for hypertension?

Jim - Learning the terms is easy. Doing the function is much more difficult. I'd be glad to teach ya though. An you could teach me what I do wrong at whack whitey, which is prolly most everything.

Mike - Sounds like you landed a gig with benefits you didn't know were there. Is the catered food better than awful house?
Old December 13th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Always room for one more

Apples and oranges, Allan. I go to the Awful house for the people. The catered food is nice food. For instance, when we had a meal for Thanksgiving it was Olive Garden. Yesterday was Sonny's. Today was I don't know who but it was on par with Sonny's. Awful house used to have this thing where they'd cater food to your function. Don't know if they still do that. There's probably 50 people in my shop, that's a lot of hash browns.

Dan I didn't get that picture. Or is it just a picture that doesn't need getting. Hope you're feeling better. I was next door a little while ago and didn't know till I walked in that she was coming down with a cold. Great. Hope I don't get it, it's been awhile since I've been sick.

So car shopping this weekend. It's either going to be a 16 or 17 Chevy Equinox(I have not forgotten our previous discussion on these) or something MOPAR. My neighbor wants me to go with him to look at GMCs tomorrow after work. He wants to go to a place that I won't do business with, but it will be a chance to get some ideas.
Old December 13th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I just typed a damn long post and it just disappeared. The will be the shortened version. I have been off the last couple of days. My wife has had doctor's appointments the last three mornings although today was to just draw blood. She is scheduled for a hysterectomy on January 8th. We are nervous since she has to go off here blood thinner.
Adrian, sorry about Beau. Great name for a dog. It hurts to loose them. Often times they are better than some family members. Being an executor is a PIA. I served as one for a friend and his son sued me. I spent about $170,000 of his money on legal fees defending myself. What an idiot.
The weather here has been in the 60's today but raining most of the day. It is supposed to get cold and windy tonight. This is about half the size of my original post but I probably had too much BS in it anyway. Hope you guys have a good evening.
Glenn
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - I had that happen too. Then I found out that if you clik on that auto saved thing on the bottom right of the posting window everything magically reappears! Keep that in mind for next time.

Mike - good luck with the car shopping. No worries about the catering. I was just curious. Hmmm, Equinox 2017 seems to have some really good acceptance reviews from owners.
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:10 PM

Allan, the statins are for cholesterol. I could always keep it just around 200, but it went up about 25 points when he checked it last July, hence the prescription for it.
Old December 14th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone.

Last day for battle at the Saville this year. I want another win. It's also our windup luncheon right after the game. The missus didn't want to come because she said all we talk about is.......get ready for it.......curling and 'stuff'. I guess she prefers watching The Chew and The Talk???? Anywho, I'm looking forward to a great day. Next week I still have games at the Granite, and our Christmas windup luncheon there is on Thursday after our game. After that I only have 3 fun games scheduled during the Christmas break.

Dan - I haven't had bloodwork done in awhile. I think I'm due and wonder what my readings will be. I've also been taking statins for years to control cholesterol and hypertension.

I think I'll wash the car again today on the way home. I hate having that salt grime on it longer than a few days.
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Another cold for Texas day here with the high expected to be 49 with showers during the day. We have had three doctors appointments and two band concerts so we have not finished getting all the Christmas stuff put out and the boxes put away. We do have the two trees up and decorated. We used to put a 12' tree in the living room but downsized it to a 9' and we put an 7' tree in the den. With all the ornaments we have collected over 52 years I think we probably have at least 200 ornaments on the two trees. We have to get the house back in order today.
I have been taking statins for years. I do the annual physical or as Humana calls it the annual wellness check which includes all the blood work. I would encourage you to get the blood work done Allan. I have been told that the ratio of good (HDL) cholesterol to bad (LDL) is almost as important as the total count. I always get a free cholesterol test when I give blood. I will have to go to the blood center now that I won't be present for the blood drives.
That is about it for the morning guys. Hope all of you have a good day.
Glenn
Old December 14th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Very low number this morning and we finished up around 10. Got cut loose at 11. Can't beat that. In a little while I'm going with my neighbor to look at new cars. I've been after him to get rid of his Explorer for years. Always something wrong with it, it's uncomfortable as hell, but he says, but I got such a good deal on it(he bought it from a dead guy). It always feels like it's going to tip over. So we'll see if he's really interested or if he is just bored. Hey we're going to the Awful house first so that's a good start.

Glenn that's a lot of decorating. I take out my 8" ceramic light up Christmas tree and set it on the desk. Done. I think it would be fun to decorate for Christmas but I'm the only one who would see it.

So I spoke with my Mom last night and told her I wanted to get a car for her and we'd swap out. Oddly enough, she didn't immediately shoot down the idea, but she said she was concerned that I'd get something that still wasn't comfortable for her. She has a point, it wouldn't be very nice to get something and then just say here, take it. So I'll wait until next month and when I'm down there again we'll go looking around. She has trouble getting in and out of the car but up to this point has been playing the martyr, oh woe Is me, I'll be okay... The niece's second child and accompanying stuff going into and out of the back seat must have given her pause to think. So no car shopping for me. I'll have to live vicariously through my neighbor.

Barbeque yesterday was provided by Pig and Chick. Hm. Never heard of them but it was good. I hope that isn't the owners' names.

Okay gonna get things together here then head out. Rain today and dreary.
Old December 14th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Oh no, not again...

Pretty busy week at work, but nothing to write home about. Could be the winter "blahs", but it just seems like I'm spinning my wheels.

Not much else going on; managed to try and put a mainspring into a watch, should have been an easy fix, so I get it all together and am winding it up, it runs for about 30 seconds and then I hear an ominous "Click"....nothing. The new mainspring snapped and took out the pinion. Oh well, I guess I wanted to clean that watch anyway, cuz now I have to take it totally apart now to fix what just went wrong. So not only am I'm waiting for another mainspring but I now have to strip it completely apart. I'm still waiting for some tools to come through the mail, so 2 other projects are on hold. It better all get here next week, otherwise I won't have much to do over the Christmas break.

I guess we'll be putting up the tree this weekend.

Allan, get your bloodwork checked, run-away hypertension and and high cholesterol are the leading precursors to dementia and Alzheimer's; - my dad left his too long and now he can't remember who he is or why he's here.

Have a good night, all.
Old December 15th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Blue sky this morning and not so cold. Glorious. Might go to the shop later on and putter around.

Yesterday's car shopping was a bust. We went to see GMC Terrains, talked with a salesman we both knew(who actually is the manager now) and saw a car on the showroom that was exactly what my neighbor wanted. Took up a lot of the guy's time, got a deal that is unheard of, neighbor says I'll come back Monday with my wife. Got home, she says you can't buy anything for two weeks because they are co-signing on a house for his daughter and it might screw up the financing. She didn't believe him when he told her what the deal was. I said, don't be surprised if that deal dries up and goes away by the time you get back.

Awful house was humping when I got there but calmed down by the time I left. Extra help there, I presume because it's getting close to Christmas. They were tripping over each other. Saw some people, had a nice chat, good time.

Guess I'll see what's what. Have a good day everyone.
Old December 15th, 2018, 11:46 AM

Did cha miss me?

Ran up norte, gpt a few things done, drove back this mawn'in, met a family then had a 1 o'clock funeral, then went to a friends house to loan him sum jack stands and a floor jack. The's got a model A truck he;s jus started werking on

Allan, Sorry but if/when I got to the curling joint down ere, I'm jes gonna watch and talk the lingo. Last time I went skating on ice was back several decades, and got 18 stitches in my head. I know ya don't skate when curling but walking on ice is kinda like well, walking on ice

Glen, I hate that when that happens but the new feature should stop it

Statins, I've been on and off them and I hate them, They made my arms sore. I'm not real sure this current elbow exegesis, isn't related to me starting taking them again
Old December 15th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Morning all, for some reason I didn't get the last email from the forum? oh well i just used to previous one.
Finally started to rain yesterday which is a nice change. Has been so dry here lately. Friends of ours went away for a week and the person looking after their place didn't water the lawn and in 7 days it went from green and lush to brown and dead. Safe to say he wasn't happy since he had asked for the lawns to be watered as the place is relatively new with new turf.
Only person who can contest grandads will is Tink's mother so we just have to wait and see. You can't control what other people do, unfortunately lol.
Back to work on Wednesday for 4 shifts then off over the Christmas, new years period and back to work on the 4th of Jan. Would rather be where I was last year at that time, was much cooler
Time to go do some shopping, take care everybody,
Adrian
Old December 16th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No Awful house this morning, I'm waiting on my neighbor to call, he wants to go, too. Usually I wouldn't wait because he isn't that reliable, but he wants me to do a couple chores for him so I know he'll call. So I slept in and have been taking it easy this morning. It's kind of nice.

Yesterday I went over to the shop and dug weeds out of the cracks in the driveway. Sounds like a dumb thing to do but I hate pulling up and having all that. The pavement is old and cracking, so now it looks nicer and the weeds won't grow back till spring, so I have a little while. Then next winter I'll do it again. Today I'm going back over and taking the Deuce for a ride. It's been sitting a few weeks and the mechanic said that's the worst thing ever for it.

Overcast and grim this morning, it rained a little last night. Yesterday there was blue sky here and there. Got a couple of things to do to cars today as well. I'll take this week after work to get the dogmobile ready. If my neighbor takes too long there will be too many church people at Awful house. Hm.

Have a good day everyone.
Old December 16th, 2018, 09:15 AM

Mike, Just spray them with Round up
Old December 16th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good idea. Then I can get in on the class action lawsuit they got going against them. Saw it on TV next door. Who hasn't used Roundup? Each person would probably get 40 cents.
Old December 16th, 2018, 10:34 AM

Don't tell the EPA but if ya mix it with diesel fuel, it werks much better
Old December 16th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Oh no, not again...

Just read a very distressing report on Haggerty's about the fact that the value of 49-53 Oldsmobiles is tanking worse than others from that period, and even though these cars were technical revolutions in their day, nobody wants them now. So that should mean good, cheap parts for me.(I'm used to owning worthless dogs, I drive Buicks) Hopefully. It also means that the track I'm on with it might be the right one; turn it into a semi-modern driver and drive the thing. One thing in the article did cheese me off; I don't think they're right with the statement that the car won't keep up in modern traffic. I drove my 53 and even though it's running on 6 it has enough power to keep up, it actually performed quite well. What's your experience with these cars, (if you've owned one that old)?
The other thing a guy could do to improve it would be to swap on some higher compression heads and boost the horsepower of that little 303. I did successfully put on a 56 324 set on my buddy's 303 that worked out beautifully. The whole top-end is off of a 56 Super 88, and it made that car snappy. So I might do that; I don't know yet, have to see what's left when I pull it apart.

Other than that, I wish we had an "Awful House" around here. We just have a Denny's, and that's hit-and-miss at the best of times, not to mention expensive. A breakfast for the 3 of us usually comes to $35.00. A guy can buy a lot of bacon and eggs for $35.00, and not to mention, better coffee. Is is me or are most fast food outfits serving Chicory or Ersatztkaffee these days? The crap sure tastes like mud...(funny, it was fresh ground this morning...)

Might attempt to recase my Olds Service Guild watch today. Kinda loathe to take it apart because it's just running so good...but, I do have a brand-new NOS case that was made just for it...decisions, decisions...

Y'all have a Good Morning.....
Old December 16th, 2018, 02:37 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of other types of weed killer besides round up Mike although I've never heard of it being used with diesel Jim. If you spray nice and early when they are just starting to come up you probably won't even have to rip the dead ones out
Talking about Denny's Marc, last year we had it for Christmas dinner as we had flown into Vancouver Christmas day and nothing else was open. Wasn't too bad and if you compared the price to over here for a sit in restaurant $35 is cheap for 3 to have breakfast. Couple weeks ago Tink and I went and had a date night, first in many years as a friend had the kids and for the 2 of us with 1 glass of wine it cost us $80 and that was at an Indian place.
As for older cars not keeping up in traffic I say to hell with those people. I had a 69 98 Olds Marc so not as old as yours and it was our daily driver for around 4 months and we had no problems what so ever, besides the $400 a fortnight we were spending on fuel for it that is
I would love to get my hands on a 1961 Oldsmobile F-85, maybe when we complete the BIG move and settle down I can start seriously looking
Time to go do some grocery shopping before the Christmas masses come out. We were going to do it yesterday but being a Sunday the shops would have been packed so decided to do it today instead while Tink is at work.
Have a good one everybody,
Adrian
Old December 16th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Guys:
Today has not been as nice as yesterday. It was in the 60's but has been overcast all day. We made our second annual trip over to the Collin Street Bakery in Greenville which is about 35 miles east of us on I-30 to get our fruitcakes. Now when you guys quit laughing let me tell you that a Collin Street Bakery (https://www.collinstreet.com/?s_bg_k..._Street_Bakery) is unlike any fruitcake you have ever had. They are expensive though. The same family has been making them since 1896. The teenage grandsons didn't think it was very cool and my wife thinks they are overpriced. Next year it will probably just be the two of us and maybe our daughter going.
Marc, I got the email from Hagerty about the 49-53 Oldsmobiles. Sure glad mine is a 54 although I don't think that matters much. The thing I have going for mine is that is a convertible. I think the value on it will continue to be flat. I still think the coupes (not the two door sedans) from 49 to 51 will do pretty well. I would love to have one of those. I sold a 50 convertible that was in the estate I was executor of a few years ago. It was a beautiful red car and I had a new tan top put on it before I sold it. It drove like a truck with no power steering or brakes. You find out the reason for the big steering wheel. With the 303 it was pretty slow. As you have mentioned it can be improved with later heads and intake. There is speed equipment that comes up for these cars every once in a while but it is pricey.
We got all the Christmas decorating done and most of the house cleaned up which is a relief. I have told my kids they may not inherit any money but they sure are going to have lots of Christmas decorations. That is about it guys. Talk to you tomorrow.
Glenn

Last edited by redoldsman; December 16th, 2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old December 16th, 2018, 05:19 PM

Mike, Just spray them with Round up
The church folks? . I got the Hagerty article as well. I like the '51-'53 models due to the rear quarter treatment. I would own one just to drive and enjoy. I am quite sure that the power in the 303 can be improved quite a bit. Ross Racing specializes in 303's, though the prices might be more than the average joe would want to pay for a cruiser. Well, I gotta go make rum *****. Some for work, some for a buddy, and a few for the crew at the local deli.
Old December 17th, 2018, 06:20 AM

mawn'in

Mild and sunny, wish I could go smack whitey but the elbow still isn't werking. I hate being on the DL

Jes MHO but why would any one worry about the values of their toys. Compared to buying a new car, they're doing jes fine. Besides it's much cheaper than wild woman, whiskey and hanging out in pool halls

I really wish I could read my own hand writing, It would make werking off the items on my list sooooooooooooooooo much easier

So let me ax y'all a question. What drugs/vitamins do you take daily. Me? 1 statin [for cholesterol] 1 blood pressure pill, Vitamin D. Fish oil, baby aspirin, and Turmeric

Have a great day Olds friends
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:41 AM

Well, my meds list consists of a statin, 5mg lisinopril, (blood pressure) and dexilant for acid reflux. Sunny day here, about 35°, it will be mild to the end of the month. Not a lot going on otherwise. Got the rum ***** made last night, gotta do a pork butt Thursday for pulled pork sammichs for a potluck at work Friday.
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Monday everyone,

Quiet here over the weekend and today. Been cooler the last couple of days too. So go figure - the GSOC National Challenge went to a duel between 2 Scottish teams. The previous years winner Bruce Mouat spiraled to defeat against Ross Paterson. Wow! I've never seen Jaime Sinclair blown out of the water like she was against team Einarson. 11-2 after 4 ends.

Did an oil change on the Malibu on Saturday before it got really cold. Interesting to note that while the owners manual says it only takes 4.7L I check by the dipstick and it showed low at that number so it ended up taking a full 5L. It's not burning oil, which is nice but the stuff coming out was black as tar. Likely it's because the car only gets used for short trips and doesn't get fully warmed up. The Sonata on the other hand gets fully warmed up and the oil is still full and relatively clean.

Jim - You wanna know about what meds we all take? All ya gotta do is open one side of the corner cupboard and check out my pharmacy. nuff said.

Adrian - f85. Coupe? Sedan? Wagon? I think 61-63 were pretty similar. Finding parts will be a real challenge especially in the Great White North

Marc - I think the trend is to crappy coffee. I kinda like Timmies double double.

Dan - If you're making pulled poke sammiches, count me in.
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

The day sort of drug along, but there was no drama which is a good thing. Don't think anyone is bringing us lunch this week.

Jamesbo I just take blood pressure medicine. Don't really see how it does much good, it's only 5mg a day. But it keeps my head from trying to explode.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what Hagerty has to say. I've heard more than one interview/show with McKeel Hagerty where he's been off the mark and not seeming to know what he's talking about. Perhaps he had just paid out a big claim on a 53 Olds and wanted to tone down the market a little.

I'm not a big fan of Denny's. I go there when I visit my Mom because she likes it. I will say their Coke is colder and fizzier than any place else's. I really like Cracker Barrel.

Got a couple errands to run this afternoon. It's beautiful out, almost warmish, and the sun is shining. Haven't seen a day this nice in weeks.

Well, off I go. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old December 17th, 2018, 10:16 PM

Ok Allan, but you gots to come here!
Old December 17th, 2018, 11:56 PM

Afternoon all, no rain today but the weather man reckons more will be here for the weekend.
Jim since I'm a spring chicken compared to most I only take a multi vitamin, when I remember.
Allan I was thinking of the coupe as by the time I actually get one Allegra will be old enough that she won't need a car seat so getting in and out will be easier.
Back to work tomorrow for my last 4 shifts of the year, looking forward to seeing the end of this year.
Pulled pork sounds good right about now Dan, count me in
Take it easy everyone,
Adrian
Old December 18th, 2018, 05:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Good thing I don't need an alarm clock to wake up. The phone one did it's job but shocker - the battery was down to 3%. Wonder how that happened.

Last full week of curling before Christmas. Since today is the Granite I'm not exactly holding my breath for a win. We'll see.

Adrian - Mebbe something newer like the 70's? Plenty of parts and plenty of em around. The early 60's f85's are hard to come by nowadays. I know this guy with a nice 72 Cutlass S So I'm curious about something. How did you come up with Ausraven? Aus is easy. Raven has me curious.

Dan - If I can jamb myself into a mailing box i should just be able to get there after it's all gone. I'm sure it will turn out nice. Po boy sammiches I like
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:46 AM

mawn'in

Cool and dry

I'm having a slice of toasted [with butter] pound cake fer breakfast Yummy

I "MAY" clean out the gutters today, then again I may not

Old December 18th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone, for a few more minutes.

Slow day today. Low number so we'll be okay. Twenty minutes after lunch and we're still hanging around. There should be some wheels come over soon.

Jamesbo after you're done with your gutters will you come do mine? Also, the roof of the garage needs blowing off.

Adrian I'm with you, I like the first gen Cutlass. If you get a blue one I've got a center console and shifter for you.

I vote we move the southern-style get together of the Good Morning thread from Atlanta to Dan's house.

Beautiful afternoon yesterday and warmish. Today should be the same today. Maybe my firewood will be dry enough to put up.

Well see ya's. Back to work.
Old December 18th, 2018, 10:31 AM

8 years of college and I jes figgered out the heater [ I bought for my green house ] that screws onto the propane tank is reverse threaded
Old December 19th, 2018, 08:06 AM

Must still be my turn

So, the /Dr. tells me today, If you take statins you should take CO Q 10

Nice of him ta tell me this a few years late

Got a family on the way

Old December 19th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Another slow morning. Now we are going to introduce a new wheel to the mix. Nose wheels for the military's 767s. Actually it's the same wheel as the Delta wheel, and I believe they are Delta wheels we're leasing to them, but there is going to be some completely different paperwork for them. Big surprise. Se we'll see how it goes.

Jamesbo what is CO Q 10? The buffer so you don't get side effects? A friend of mine takes medicine for leukemia, and he has to take another medicine to keep from throwing up because that's a side effect of the first medicine. Odd.

Took a walk through the hanger earlier and it was a nice day out, a little chilly, now the computer says it's cloudy out. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow. Like we haven't had enough of it already. I need to start getting the car ready for our trip. It would be nice to wash it and vacuum it out.

Well back to the grind stone. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old December 19th, 2018, 11:34 AM

IF [big If] you really like something Rich, this is wonderful

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chocolate-pie/
Old December 19th, 2018, 10:32 PM

Printed the pie recipe. Maybe I'll make this for xmas eve rather than pumpkin pie. Gave the food pantry a call so I can donate some turkeys, but all I got was a answering machine, and no call back while I was at work. Hmmm?
Old December 20th, 2018, 06:39 AM

mawn'in

Like a cow on a flat rock

Maybe the rain will wash sum of the leaves out of the gutters I failed to clean yesterday

Gotta a family coming all the way from Savannah, Hope they make it.

Because we;re the only state regulated green cemetery i Georgia, we draw from alot father than most cemeteries. We've got people buried from as far south as Warren Robins [Scot's neck of the woods] and as far Northr as Blueridge [ not fer from John's mountain home] and Young Harris, Ga

Anyone want any great recipes jes ax me

Mike, Did you see on the news there's a broken crane blocking Peachtree [during Christmas rush] They waiting on a part from Europe before they can move the thing. I hate to see the fines GDOT hits those operators with
Old December 20th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I guess planes aren't going through wheels like they used to. Another day that just drug on because there was little to do. I think we ended up signing 75 wheels. When I got to the shop 5 months ago we were signing 160 wheels every day and 100 on Saturdays.

Jamesbo I didn't see the crane on the news. Couldn't they push it to the side? A few crane mishaps in town over the years. One year a crane caught on fire at the base, and the guy in the operator cab was trapped and was rescued by helicopter. Another time a fugitive of some sort was running from police and went in a building and out on the crane and, of course, was stuck. He sat out there for a couple of days.

What about your meatloaf recipe? And you never did repost the Tomato soup casserole that Sandy liked.

My Mom likes the Pioneer Woman. She used to like Paula Deen until she was booted from Food Network in shame. She still makes some of her recipes though, which is a good thing.

Gonna mail a couple bills this afternoon and then Tiger and I will hit the Awful house. I don't have any food in the house, I let it all run out so it wasn't sitting around while I was gone for 5 days. It's dismal and $hitty out, but heck the car has heat. And Tiger doesn't care, he'd play out in the rain all afternoon if I'd let him. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old December 20th, 2018, 12:31 PM

Mike, there ain't no side to push it to, It's nothing but high rises and road

Meatloaf,

1 lb gound meat
1/2 lb ground poke
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
shot [or 2 of Worcester sauce
Shot or 2 of ketchup
salt pepper
1/2 chopped onion
1/4 chopped bell pepper

Sqiish it all together with your hands
Form into loaf, make a small karate chop to dent the top, fill dent with ketchup

Place in pyre dish surround with tater wedges and onion wedges [about 1/8 of each]

Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes then remove cover for 15 minutes til brown
Old December 20th, 2018, 03:02 PM

One of the advantages of the Good morning thread, is ya get the news that [for reasons I can't comprehend ] I couldn't post on the main CO page

Anywho, I close friend of mine [oval track dude] has been secretly working on the development and testing of a new product. Basically it "electronically" takes all flags/road conditions and warnings and places it on a screen inside your cockpit

]It's [from the little I can glean] is a very slick new safety system

Facebook Post
Old December 20th, 2018, 03:53 PM

Morning all, just finished spreading out some new mulch under the clothes line out back where beau had dug around a bit just because he could. he liked to dig out holes and shape them to his old body so he could relax properly.
Another tinker of a hot one today, yesterday was ridiculous but today at least I'm home for the day as work tonight which fingers crossed it's cooler.
Allan Ausraven came about because, like you say Aus is easy but I quite like the raven bird as it's one of the smartest birds in the bird kingdom now you know
I know the 61 is getting hard to find but I really like the style of it and it's not a tank like most from that era. Also I was contemplating upgrading the running gear to make it more reliable and easier to source parts. Just need a good body and trim. Interior can be redone as we all know. Would take me a while but like most projects they don't get done on a weekend.
Iv'e added your meatloaf recipe to the other one I have from you Jamesbo. The potato soup you shared a few years back. Still make it when the weather is right and it always goes down well
Cool project your friend is working on. I've always wondered how the drivers knew people were around them when they are the last thing their concentrating on when racing.
Time to try and cool off a bit before I have to go to sleep for my nightshift.
Take care everyone,
Adrian
Old December 20th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It has been a mixed day for us today. My wife got a call back from the doctor with the test results for the biopsy done in preparation for her hysterectomy in January. They discovered some precancerous cell in her cervix. My wife had breast cancer a little over 9 years ago so this scares the hell out of us. She was very fortunate with the breast cancer in that it was detected very early and she only had a lumpectomy and 6 weeks of radiation. We are going with the hope that she will have the hysterectomy and the cells will be removed and prove not to be cancer. But now the surgery changes to a different doctor who is a oncology gynecologist. Now it is the stress of more test and waiting for results and scheduling a new doctor. I know my wife of 52 years is going to be okay but I just don't know what it is going to take to get her there. It was almost exactly a year ago she was in the hospital for two days and was diagnosed with A-fib. The other scary part is she had to go off her Eliquist two day prior to the surgery. We just had a friend die from a blood clot resulting from knee replacement and she was not on blood thinner. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest guys. I love this woman more than I ever imagined was possible. I know she will be okay but I hate to see her go through this. Please remember us in your prayers.
Glenn