The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

I saw the grits, Jamesbo! I like them but don't eat them often. Not as good around here as they are in the south anyhow. And the day ain't over yet, so don't hold your breath!
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM

My definition of grillin' = a quick hot grill with charcoal or gas, like ya use with steaks or burgers, BBQ a means of slow cooking with a controlled heat of gas or charcoal, like when sloooww cooking ribs for a couple of hours, usually using indirect heat to get the job done which may include your favorite wood to add the right "bite" to the finished product and having a beer or three in the process
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM

By the way, if anyone has a recipe for hushpuppies, pass it on, I want make some of them. had some in southern Tenn. last summer, need a "fix".
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM

Ax and ye shall receive

Ingredients
  • 6 cups peanut oil
  • 1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup self-rising flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
Using a deep pot, preheat oil for frying to 350 degrees F.
Using a mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the onion. In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk and egg. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Drop the batter, 1 teaspoon at a time, into the oil. Dip the spoon in a glass of water after each hushpuppy is dropped in the oil. Fry until golden brown, turning the hushpuppies during the cooking process.
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Beer Batter HUSH-PUPPIES

2 c. water-ground cornmeal
1/2 c. chopped sweet onion
Dash salt
Six-pack of beer (not light beer)
Crisco

Heat Crisco to fry-point in a cast-iron Dutch oven. (This can be determined by dropping a few grains of cornmeal in the grease. If they turn brown and splatter in your face, it's hot enough). Mix the cornmeal and onion together and moisten with beer (about one cup) until the mixture can be made into golf-ball shaped mounds. Drop carefully into the hot fat. They will brown on one side and flip themselves over. Remove and drain when golden-brown.Any criticism of the above delicacies can usually be diverted by serving the critic the remaining portion of the beer.
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM

Darn,

I'm starv'in GTG to lunch.
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Thanks guys, I have a cast iron kettle that will do the job! I'll make some this weekend.
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by bulldog
Morning all, Well I see Sandy managed to slip the forcast in through the side door .
Sandy can explain the difference between whine and bitch. Might help me at home if I knew the difference.

Ken, This is how I understand the BBQ / Grill issue.

If it is Charcoal then its a BBQ.

If it is propane then its a Grill.

Hmmm, Sausage and Eggs, Time for a late breakfast.
This is how I understand telecommunications:

Fast: Telegraph

Faster: Telephone

Fastest: Tell a woman

Sandy, Still haven't heard from Tim the Cloth guy. His email hasn't bounced back either.
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by 442much
This is how I understand telecommunications:

Fast: Telegraph

Faster: Telephone

Fastest: Tell a woman

Sandy, Still haven't heard from Tim the Cloth guy. His email hasn't bounced back either.
Ken, He travels a good bit to shows etc.
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Cutlass Lover

Ken.... I made myself a note to look at his card tonight and see if the info on it matches what you have. I'll let ya know! Gotta get those cloths!!

I like hushpuppies!!!! Don't eat them often either, though.
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I like hushpuppies!!!! Don't eat them often either, though.
Back in the 60's I had a pair of desert boots made by them.
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

You are funny!!!! Just for that, I'm gonna talk about the weather......
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ax and ye shall receive

Ingredients
  • 6 cups peanut oil
  • 1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup self-rising flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
Using a deep pot, preheat oil for frying to 350 degrees F.
Using a mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the onion. In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk and egg. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Drop the batter, 1 teaspoon at a time, into the oil. Dip the spoon in a glass of water after each hushpuppy is dropped in the oil. Fry until golden brown, turning the hushpuppies during the cooking process.
When I first read the ingredients, I thought, Good Lord, those are going to be some greasy Hushpuppies with 6 cups of peanut oil in them. LOL
Higgins
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM

If'in ya wanta spice them hush puppies, throw some finely chopped up hot peppers of your choice. . Think I will throw some good old ribeyes on grill this sunny warm afternoon drink a few beers and then set back with a tall irish whiskey and enjoy the sun.

I'll hit the little white ball around tomorrow in the nice warm sun.

The Saturday I will work outside in the nice warm sun.

Then back to the rain on Sunday
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Higgins,

Ya cook de stuff in de peanut oil.

BTW, It [peanut oil] stays mo hotter mo longer.

If'in I had to guess, I think Scot's recipe is us'in the carbonated beer to add fluff to dem and mine is us'in bak'in powder to make 'em "rise".

In a taste test, I would guess his would be a bit smaller and mo dense.

Either way, They're Yummy

BUT be careful, Deep Fry'in ain't fer rookies. It splatters and spits all over de place.

True ole time southern cook could do dis blind folded. I'm don't fry much, ergo, I'm not good at it. It's almost a lost art.

When you add fish/hushpuppies etc. The oil temp drops imediately, so ya gotta know when it starts cook'in again befo ya can add more cold ingredients.

Bye de bye, Don't ever let water hit the hot greese.
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:31 PM

I like hushpuppies!!!! Don't eat them often either, though
My daily wear are Hushpuppies...the shoes not the food!
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in all

I just heard from a Emroid [guys who went to Emory] whose visiti'in Snoqualmie Falls outside Seattle.

Guess what? It made me hungy fer breakfast. I had de best pancakes up thar years ago.Dripp'in with honey.

I've tried to raise bees 3 or 4 times and never got very far. De bee moths keep kill'in dem off. So I gave all my hives to de wife of anutter Emroid in de city and she's hav'in better luck and gives me all de honey I want fer free.

I sho do like dis thread more better dan de one whar guys argue 'bout Chevy vs. Olds engines. Food mollifies de soul.

I hope everone has a wonderful day travel'in round with the Huspuppies on.
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Captain of my ship

Well I don't have a BBQ no more as it went out to spring cleanup this year. I grill lots of stuff on an indoor grill. Very rarely fry or deep fry anything. I will have to go out and get me a little BBQ that burns briquets and not gas. Some of them things would not fit in my kitchen. Plus I don't think BBQ'ing with gas is the same , I like the flavor of charcoal and maybe throw in some shavings of various woods once in awhile.
So I took the car out yesterday and put $60 bucks in it .... added about half a tank Oh well she ran real nice , if it dont rain I might take it out today.
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All. Gonna be another beautiful day here.

I sho do like dis thread more better dan de one whar guys argue 'bout Chevy vs. Olds engines.
X2
I've never tried to raise bees myself, just keep em at bay cause de wife is highly allergic to de stings. Don't know if the kids are so it's best to keep dem bees, wasps, hornets and yeller jackets away, except to do their thing with the flowers.

Sandy how is it up there today?

Everyone have a great day!
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Boy those pancakes look good! I just had my english muffin and yogurt. And a few strawberries.

Citcapp...... what is nice warm sun???? I'm not familiar with that term, lol! It's the same old sh*t around here. We're supposed to have sun and 70's tomorrow, and Saturday. I was going to lay in my lawn chair on Saturday, but Larry wants to go down to Wheeling to gamble so I guess that's what we'll do. I'd rather do that on a day when it's raining. There's a Olds spring dustoff show on Sunday in Parma - 30% chance of rain as of last night. Don't know if I'll go..... bet Blue will!

It's quiet in here today. Phones aren't ringing, faxes aren't coming in. Gonna be a long one. Nicole is taking Lin to a couple doctor appts. today for me. She went up last night and spent the night.

Wolfie!!!!!!!! You're still alive!!!!

Ken..... here's the info on the card that came with my Ultimate Cloth last order.

Email: cruzintim2@yahoo.com

phone: 1-865-603-5358

address: Tim Kruse P.O. Box 71244 Knoxville, TN 37938

This might be the info you already have, I didn't look at that old thread. Keep after him - you'll get him one way or another.

Anybody else watching American Idol?? This is the first season we've ever watched it, lol. I'm rooting for my southern Lauren!!! She may be young and a little overweight, but she has such pretty eyes, and I think her voice is beautiful! She's been my favorite since the beginning. I know lots of people liked James (he screamed too much for me) and Pia. She was good and I was surprised when she got voted off. Haley is good also, but I like Lauren better. I figure Scotty will be the one to get it. A lot of young girls like him.

Well have a good day all!
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Anybody else watching American Idol?
NO

I'd rather hear people arguing over Cheby vs. Olds engines.

And if you bring it up again, I may ban you.

I luv be'in a Mod sum times.
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Morning all,
I've never eaten Hush puppies, although I have worn a few pairs before. I'm not very good at deep frying at all,hate it when the grease spits back. It always seems to hit the part of your body thats not covered. Think I'll take the Olds for a cruise today. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Enjoy your drive Bulldog! Great that you have the weather to take her out!!

Jamesbo....... I'm gonna have Oldsguy smack your knuckles with a ruler if you don't lighten up some!!!
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:57 AM

Morning All!

Boy those pancakes look good! I just had my english muffin and yogurt. And a few strawberries.

Citcapp...... what is nice warm sun???? I'm not familiar with that term, lol! It's the same old sh*t around here. We're supposed to have sun and 70's tomorrow, and Saturday. I was going to lay in my lawn chair on Saturday, but Larry wants to go down to Wheeling to gamble so I guess that's what we'll do. I'd rather do that on a day when it's raining. There's a Olds spring dustoff show on Sunday in Parma - 30% chance of rain as of last night. Don't know if I'll go..... bet Blue will!

It's quiet in here today. Phones aren't ringing, faxes aren't coming in. Gonna be a long one. Nicole is taking Lin to a couple doctor appts. today for me. She went up last night and spent the night.

Ken..... here's the info on the card that came with my Ultimate Cloth last order.

Email: cruzintim2@yahoo.com

phone: 1-865-603-5358

address: Tim Kruse P.O. Box 71244 Knoxville, TN 37938

This might be the info you already have, I didn't look at that old thread. Keep after him - you'll get him one way or another.

Anybody else watching American Idol?? This is the first season we've ever watched it, lol. I'm rooting for my southern Lauren!!! She may be young and a little overweight, but she has such pretty eyes, and I think her voice is beautiful! She's been my favorite since the beginning. I know lots of people liked James (he screamed too much for me) and Pia. She was good and I was surprised when she got voted off. Haley is good also, but I like Lauren better. I figure Scotty will be the one to get it. A lot of young girls like him.

Thanks for the info Sandy. I only watch American Idol when they are auditioning. Some of those are priceless Karen watches American Idol right through and then Canadian Idol. After all that I'm ready for Aztec Idol and lookin' to make a few sacrifices....
Old May 19th, 2011, 07:03 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Great day here, sun is shinning and I tee off at 9:30. No work today. Pick up my 455 for the 48 next week finally that make me happy. Great to be back in town and I don't have to travel for about 3 weeks. Think I'll make some pancakes Jamsbo picture made me hungry.

Glad to have you back Wolfe.

Everybody lets go crusing
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM

Pat,
You ever been to dat resteraunt up top Snoqualmie Falls?Whar de hold de honey thing-a-ma-jig about 4 feet high off de table and let it drip down on de pancakes?

Sorry Sandy Pop culture, sitcoms [with canned laughter] and the new "reality" that's not reality drives me crazy.

On a philosophical note [Didn't know I had it in me did cha]

One of the things dat is really real are fables and alot of folk lore.

Like If I said "Sour grapes" You know exactly what I meant. But Aesop's Fable's are a few thousand years old. But the "real" feeling is as old as mankind.

Enough Jung fer today.

Let's get back to cook'in an eat'in.
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'm back to bit*ching about the weather. They just canceled the cruise in Stow tonight cause of a 50% chance of rain. We've had sun/clouds since lunch time, I was hoping to make it tonight. It has got to stop!!!!!!!!! Car isn't going to get driven any this friggin year. Sorry Jamesbo. You just don't know how depressing this is!!!!
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM

Pat,
You ever been to dat resteraunt up top Snoqualmie Falls?Whar de hold de honey thing-a-ma-jig about 4 feet high off de table and let it drip down on de pancakes?
Let's get back to cook'in an eat'in.
Yep been there several times. Great but expensive place to breakfast and look out the window at water at the top of the falls.

I agree on the cook'in and eat'in thing too

Hold on Sandy it will get better
Old May 20th, 2011, 05:06 AM

Mawn'in all

TGIF

I decied to celebrate dis mawn'in. I was gonna start off de day New Orleans style with a Ramos Gin Fizz and sum Eggs Benedict. But I had a flash of sanity and remembered dat gin makes me rich, horney, invisible, and bullet proof.

So, I jes have a V-8 [Oldsmobile of course]

Scot has me ROTFLMAO in the humor de jour thread.

Sandy, Looks like it might clear up you way [for about an hour]

Pat, I was a guest dining at the falls, so I didn't have to pay.

Norton, Hush Pupies are Great, I'll send ya sum. If I can find a box heavy enough so the grease won't eat thru de bottom

Wolfie, Mine grill should be tossed out but I'm too cheap. It's hard to a good one any more. I've got a Big Green Egg also but it's a pain if your just gonna do a few chicken breast.

Ken, Did cha find Tim yet? He'll show up.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old May 20th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo.... you are funny this morning, lol!!! I'm glad it's Friday too. Been a long week in here. We have no computers this morning for some reason. I unplugged the DSL line for a while - didn't help. I unplugged the power cord to the DSL for a while - didn't work. So I called Houston. No one in the IT dept. yet, so I gotta sit here and listen to Steve and Clay whine and bit*h!! Nice way to end the week.

Clay and I are discussing last night's episode of Swamp People. I remembered to watch it. Clay loves that show, lol!! I guess it's ok. "Shoooot 'im Lizbeth" I love that accent!! Whenever I take my south trip, I want to take a ride in the swamps and see.

I love it that it's staying daylight till right around 9:00 pm now! I don't watch much TV in the summer. I'm usually outside till dark. When it's dry, that is. I made up a couple planters to bring here to work, last evening. Planted 3 of my little green bean plants into pots so they can get bigger, and I may plant them around the deck and see if they grow. My green pepper seeds are sprouting now too. And I have a little mater on one of my plants! Had to dump the water out of their pots last night so the roots don't drown.

Old May 20th, 2011, 05:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good morning all!

Looks like its going to be a warm one here, sunny and beautiful but hot. We're supposed to have temps in the low 90's and creep up to mid 90's by Sunday. Guess this summer is going to be another scorcher here in the land of cotton.

Sandy you've got to send some of that rain down here, my mater's and cucumbers sure would appreciate it.

Jamesbo glad you enjoyed those funnies. My wife works at Robins AFB and there is a ton of hilarious emails floating around. I'll post any that would be appropriate for the site, although some are too, well ahem racy is the word I'm looking for.

Speaking of grills, I've been through 3 in the last 2 1/2 years. They don't make em like they used to, that's for sure. Two gas grills and one smoker/grill that has been doing it up since Christmas. I replaced the burners on my Lowes special gas grill and now I just have to get some LP to see if she can still do the job. Its a super nice one with three main burners a side burner and a rotisserie that'll spin the quail and game hens into a delicacy.

Anyway everyone have a safe and happy Friday!
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Captain of my ship

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;283090]TGIF

Wolfie, Mine grill should be tossed out but I'm too cheap. It's hard to a good one any more. I've got a Big Green Egg also but it's a pain if your just gonna do a few chicken breast.

QUOTE=citcapp;282825]

Glad to have you back Wolfe.

[QUOTE=cutlassgal;282793]Morning All!

Hey I am here just about every morning , I am just quiet. Pop always used to say if you got nothing good to say then don't say anything. Guess that would not work for Sandy who reports all the crappy weather ,lol. Looks like rain here so heading down the road to pick up some annuals to plant in the planters. Taking my mother there as she wants some stuff , guess who plants her stuff.
Jamesbo , I got one of them indoor / outdoor electric grills and it works pretty good for what I do with it. If I had lots of money I would have a proper gas one in the kitchen Island with a big stainless hanging hood , but I ain't rich so I'll go with this ,lol.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:42 AM

Good morning all

Jamsbo,

To use one of your lines "I played like a goat yesterday" hadn't been on a course in a few months took tel the back nine to stay out of the woods.

I have a weber gas grill that is 8 years old and I use it year around. Painted it two or three times and have replaced the cast iron grills twice but the stainless steel burners work like new. Was expensive when I bought it but I use to go through a grill every two years until I bought this one.

Still sunny and warm here supposed to change to rain on Sunday oh well I'll take what I can get.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:50 AM

TGIF

I decied to celebrate dis mawn'in. I was gonna start off de day New Orleans style with a Ramos Gin Fizz and sum Eggs Benedict. But I had a flash of sanity and remembered dat gin makes me rich, horney, invisible, and bullet proof.

So, I jes have a V-8 [Oldsmobile of course]

Scot has me ROTFLMAO in the humor de jour thread.

Sandy, Looks like it might clear up you way [for about an hour]

Pat, I was a guest dining at the falls, so I didn't have to pay.

Norton, Hush Pupies are Great, I'll send ya sum. If I can find a box heavy enough so the grease won't eat thru de bottom

Ken, Did cha find Tim yet? He'll show up.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Yep! He contacted me, so now we'll get the ball rolling. Thanks all.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

GA..... I'd love to send ya'll some moisture, lol!!!! Send me some of that sun and heat! Wolfie, glad to hear from ya!! I have flats of flowers sitting on the deck drowning, and can't get them planted.

Ken.... glad to hear you're gonna get your cloths!! You'll love them!
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM

There used to be a company in Columbus,Ga called W.C. Bradley that made good grills. I think sumone bought the company. I'm not happy with my latest one from them it's cheep metal and rusted out pretty badly even with a cover.

I had one of they're big charcaol grills fer years. I used to call it the "Mafia Coffin" Many a poke butt been cooked in de Mafia Coffin>It was well broke in and seasoned.

Pat, The game is really very simple. Hit the ball, go find it and hit it again.
Sum times de find'in part get's a little difficult

Sandy, I'm with Scot, Send sum of de wet stuff dis way, Its so dry, I'd have to prime myself to spit.

He [Scot] may be my new best friend. He sounds like he has a place to shoot partridges [quail]
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:22 AM

Morning all, weather is getting colder, oh well it happens. I have been busy with the usual crap but we had a curve ball thrown in there last Sunday at work. One of the guys we work with died not a good thing at all. He was only 20 too.

Sounds like everyone has been busy with all kinds of things, from cooking to getting cleanin cloths to cooking to hopin the rain stops so cars can be driven to cooking, now I'm hungry

I have never been much of a BBQ person, but wit all dis talkin about how good the food is on them I might have to change my way of thinkin

Well off to the grind for another day, have a good day/night ya'll

Adrian
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

He [Scot] may be my new best friend. He sounds like he has a place to shoot partridges [quail]
I could possibly arrange something around October (bird season), have lots of friends that have access to some great places. It is expensive as heck to go to the Henderson Plantation where you can pay to go quail and pheasant hunting. Cheaper to buy them at the grocery store or if you have the means to raise them yourself. So usually on occasion we will buy them or cornish game hens to spin on de spit.
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
I could possibly arrange something around October (bird season), have lots of friends that have access to some great places. It is expensive as heck to go to the Henderson Plantation where you can pay to go quail and pheasant hunting. Cheaper to buy them at the grocery store or if you have the means to raise them yourself. So usually on occasion we will buy them or cornish game hens to spin on de spit.
Dear new best friend,

We I say quail hunt'in. I ain't referr'in to dem birds most pay plan nation use. Dem Purnina fed birds dat you can throw your hat over. I am speak'in of de King of sport shoot'in WILD Birds a.k.a Gawga Bob White.

Pheasant hunt'in Gawga. WTH, It ain't natural, might as well shoot a Zebra in Gawga.

I used to lease sum land down round Thomasville that we had a small cabin on. Later, I used to get axed out to alot of places. When my pointers died, de quit ax'in me to go hunt'in.

All de while, I thought de liked me but I think it was cause I had sum great dogs.

I went to Bray's Island once and de salesman [fancy lot salesman] put me wit their hunt'in guide /dog handler. When he saw my ole torn up briar britches and scuffed up boots, he said, "You done dis befo ain't cha?"

But all de had was toss 'em out shoot 'em up Purina quail. After about and hour, I said, "Let's go, dis is like shoot'in fish in a barrel."

Thanks, I may take ya up on dat come bird season. I'll buy ya dinner [We're talk'in lunch to all ya'll who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up.]

Do you like Swanson's? I need me a chicken fried steak fix w/ a side of fried chicken livers, green beans [de kind dat de left overs look like congealed salad if ya put dem in de Frigidaire] smashed taters and hot water corn bread.

Dag Nabbit, I made myself hungry a-gain.

Quail smothered with gravy and few biscuits Yum.
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Dear new best friend,

We I say quail hunt'in. I ain't referr'in to dem birds most pay plan nation use. Dem Purnina fed birds dat you can throw your hat over. I am speak'in of de King of sport shoot'in WILD Birds a.k.a Gawga Bob White.
No doubt tis the true King of sports the real quail huntin that is. Dey scare the pants off ya if you ain't careful.

Pheasant hunt'in Gawga. WTH, It ain't natural, might as well shoot a Zebra in Gawga.
I know but the Henderson Village offers it fer a ginormous fee.

I used to lease sum land down round Thomasville that we had a small cabin on. Later, I used to get axed out to alot of places. When my pointers died, de quit ax'in me to go hunt'in.

All de while, I thought de liked me but I think it was cause I had sum great dogs.

I went to Bray's Island once and de salesman [fancy lot salesman] put me wit their hunt'in guide /dog handler. When he saw my ole torn up briar britches and scuffed up boots, he said, "You done dis befo ain't cha?"

But all de had was toss 'em out shoot 'em up Purina quail. After about and hour, I said, "Let's go, dis is like shoot'in fish in a barrel."
Ain't much sport in shootin fish in the barrel.

Thanks, I may take ya up on dat come bird season. I'll buy ya dinner [We're talk'in lunch to all ya'll who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up.]

Do you like Swanson's? I need me a chicken fried steak fix w/ a side of fried chicken livers, green beans [de kind dat de left overs look like congealed salad if ya put dem in de Frigidaire] smashed taters and hot water corn bread.
Yesiree do i.

Dag Nabbit, I made myself hungry a-gain.

Quail smothered with gravy and few biscuits Yum.
X2 and double yum!