The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2011, 06:17 AM
CQR

Good Morning. Thanks for the Welcoming. Finally gonna get warm at least til the weekend. The last day of school for my daughter today. But we have to go to court for her first ever summons for a schoolyard fight. I thought boys were supposed to have those issues.

Got lots of cleaning done on the garage this weekend. Should have plenty of room for our new addition to keep the Model AA company.

Have a great day everyone. Don't forget sunscreen
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!
I hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend!

I know we did and I cooked so much this weekend my grille is still smoking this morning.

Congrats on the goundhawg capture Jamesbo

It's gonna be a hot one yet again, I watered my garden for a solid hour last eve and the ground just soaked it all up, we need some rain bad.

Sandy did you get some pics for us??

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:18 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Still cool and damp here, supposed to get summer weather starting on Friday.
Built a new work bench in the garage, sorted all the parts I have been collecting for the 48. I can actually walk around in the garage without climbing over everything for a change. Never did get the 57 out for a drive. Spent Most of Saturday trying to find a New (used) pickup. God I hate car salesman, they must all be cloned from one identity because the bullS#@t is the same everywhere.

Welcome to the new forum inductees.

Have a great day all
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

I sure enjoyed my day off! Washed the windows inside the house, went out to the shed and brought out all my windchimes and hung them around the outside of the house and in the trees out back. Got the rest of the yard ornaments out too and put around. Then I cleaned the dust off of Teepo and covered her back up. Bonded with my lounge chair for 2-1/2 hours! It was a wonderful thing!

Got up to 95 degrees today, but sooooo humid! Supposed to be cooler the rest of the week. I sure like it when I don't have to whine about the weather, lol!!

Cruise in starts in Hudson tomorrow night - ya know where I'm gonna be, lol! I do have pics from the Riverfront Scott, but haven't put them on my laptop yet. I will, don't worry!

Citcapp.... I agree with you! Good luck findin a truck!

Well back to work tomorrow, so I better get stuff ready. Talk to ya tomorrow!
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:06 AM
CQR

Happy Wednesday!.
Gonna miss the Supercruise this Sat. We'll have to wait till July to show off the Olds. Looks like The weather for our trip is cooling off a little and thats a good thing. I'm trying to get tools packed that the TSA allows. I'm surprised they allow screwdrivers (under 7") in carry-on.

Last edited by CQR; June 1st, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:16 AM

Mawn'in all

Anuuter hot dry one wit a chance of scattered showers [ translation - The dust may settle sum whar]

Pat, I've had good luck wit Chebie trucks. I owned a white Cheby truck of one year or another for 35 years. Presently a 2500 4 X 4 De "take a lick'in and keep on tick'in"

Still interview'in fer sum help wit de cemetery. I hate do'in this.

Thanks Scot, After de ground hawg, my next venture is Br'er rabbit. I read on the net dat if ya empty you can box in de garden de'll head fer anutter place. Zo, I'm put my Super Model in charge of Rabbit relocation. Rather than hav' her clean de cat box and toss it in de trash can. She's gonna start throw'in it in de bushes next to de garden.

CQR, That reminds me of a skit de Guy from Brooklyn did about gett'in searched go'in in Yankee stadium. No pin knife, no sizzors, no knitt'in needles. For cry'in out loud. It's bat day and they gave away 10,000 baseball bats.

Sandy, Ya better watch it, You may have to have that lounge chair surgically removed from your caboose.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Back to work. Quiet in here. Gonna be a long week for a short one, lol. It's cooler today, not as much humidity and in the 70's right now. Sun is shining! God, I love it!!!!! I was watching the little hummer out at the feeder this morning. I love it in the early morning when it's sunny and warm and quiet outside!

Well Teepo's big calendar debut is over and another beautiful Oldsmobile takes her place! We're going to the cruise in over in Hudson tonight. 10 minutes away from home!!! Gonna be a beautiful evening.

Jamesbo..... My little green bean plants are still looking good that I planted around the deck. One looks a little wilty but I think that's from not being used to being outside and in the sun and heat we had. I mixed some good potting soil dirt in with the clay in the ground when I planted them. They'll get full afternoon sun over on that side. I hope nothing eats them and they do good!! I have 2 more seedlings that are getting tall enough to plant also, so I'm going to put them on the other side of the deck. My pepper plants are still too small to plant yet.

Well have a great day all!!
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Another scorcher today with no relief in sight.

Sandy I can't wait to see them pics but I guess I'll have to. Hopefully no critters will get into your garden. I've had a time keeping the squirrels from digging mine up and planting oak trees in its place.

Jamesbo I guess the kitty litter makes dem br'er rabbits think thars a br'er bobcat around. Great idea, I wonder do it work for da br'er squirrel?

Well this weekend is my anniversary and I don't have a clue what the wife and I should do to celebrate it. We are definitely taking the kids to Grandma's house, but after that ??? I guess we will figure something out.

Citcapp good luck finding a truck. I'm with Jamesbo on the Chebby. It seems that everyone I know that purchased an F150 has had some sort of electrical issue or door issue where the frame cracks just above the door.

Here's you one ...

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Wednesday!!

Scot
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:04 AM

Looks like Winnipeg will get a new hockey team from Atlanta. Calgary got one from the Atlanta Flames and now Winnipeg will get the Thashers. Now they'll think up a new name. Nice day here in the 70's. May rain later today and tomorrow and although I hate to say it, we need it. Have a good day, looks like work is starting. See what part of the world dominates my day today.
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Patience, Scott. Patience! I'll probably put the pics on tomorrow with the ones I take at Hudson tonight.

If I'd have brought my camera and cord, I could have done it today. God it is sooooooo boring in here! And it's only 10:00!!! I'm ready to go! It has really cooled off outside - feels like the humidity is pretty much gone. Guess I'll turn off the AC at home tonight and open the windows! The Tin Can is covered with a yellow pollen film.... gotta get her washed maybe one night this week!
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM

Pat,

One of des days, I'm gonna get me a Toro pumpkin and build one of these. Why don't you just start one first so you can tell me what NOT to do.

Scot,

Congratulations, I've been married for 35 years and it feels like only a hour [with my head held underwater]

Unfortunately, I had to devided my time [and houses] with 3 wives. All my wives we're great "Housekeepers" [or their lawyers were.]

Last edited by Jamesbo; June 1st, 2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spalling
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Jamesbo for the congrats! I like the El Cutlino with the dawg hawse scoops! Don't care for the 4x4 though it would be functional and fun, only prob is with the Toro setup it would always be in four wheel drive.

Sandy it's going to be well worth the wait to get a 2fer. Sweet!
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM

Congrats Scott.
Anniversary:
The wife woke up and noticed that her husband was not in bed. She got up and went downstairs only to see him sitting at the kitchen table with tears in his eyes staring into nothing...deep in thought. His wife asked "What's wrong?" "I was just thinking about the day I asked you to marry me. It is our anniversary you know" The wife said with tears welling up in her eyes "Oh you sensitive, sensitive man." and the proceeded to hug him.

"Yep" he said looking up trying to stop the tears. "It was 20 years ago today we tied the knot." She nodded and hugged him again. Then he laughed, "Remember that you told your father that you were pregnant and he took down his shot gun and said if I didn't marry you, that he'd make sure I'd go to prison because you were two weeks under age?" "Yes" she said laughing, while wiping a tear away. Then he added "I'd be getting out today."
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks for the congrats 442much! That story reminds me of my first marriage.

Scot
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Thanks for the congrats 442much! That story reminds me of my first marriage.

Scot
It reminds me of my first one too.
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
CQR

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
That story reminds me of my first marriage.
Scot
You mean we're required to have more than one?
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

It's ok if you only have one, Clint!! I've had a few myself, lol. Larry and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary on the 26th. Amazing, lol! Happy anniversary to you and your wife, Scott.
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by CQR
You mean we're required to have more than one?
LOL no but for some of us it takes more than one to find THE one.

We thank you Sandy for the anniversary wish.

Scot
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I just checked my outdoor thermometer, and it is reading triple digits

Terrible way to start off June IMO

I hate to see it when August rolls around

Scot
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
CQR

Whew! You startled me. I'm glad to hear. I picked mine up a little more that 18 years ago. I'm kinda attached to her by now. Nothing like spending time with someone (or thing) you care about. Congrats Scot.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Clint for the congrats. Sounds like you've found your match the first time around and congrats to you for that. That is something very special you have there.
Scot
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM
CQR

Shes a trooper. She didn't even kick me out or yell at me when I bought this sport coupe. She's not real attracted to it but she's ready for the road trip. Here she is with our other passion.
Attachment 182457
And here is her cruise ride.
Attachment 182458
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Nice! Yup she's a keeper. I just love the ole flatbed.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All on this 2nd day of June

It is supposed to hit the triple digits again today

We sure need some rain, even the honeysuckle on the fence is wilting.

Oh well anyway I may take the kids to the library today, they'll enjoy it as well as I.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot dry one today. It's so dry, I'm gonna have to start water'in de bermuda grass un de cemetery

Dis ain't no way to start a day. I might have to pull a "Blue" Can we get off de subject of Ex wifes and flat beds fer a second.

Ken,

A few decades ago, I had season tickets to de Flames. De wore me flat out. De jes play too many games.

Ya'll have a wonderful day wit which ever hubby, wife de jour.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a cool crisp sunny morning here today. It's 56 degrees - heading up to around 70. It's breezy. Was a little chilly coming in the windows early this morning. Nice not to have the friggin humidity!!

Went to the Hudson cruise in last night. My friend Nick came with his 48 Olds. All the cars got covered with the friggin yellow pollen!!!!!! It's nasty around here right now. Heading over to the Stow cruise in tonight! I sure do love em, lol!

Larry is already whining about me being gone so much, and it's just started! I told him he knows that summer is my season with the car, I was in the house all winter, and we spent it practically not talking to each other anyhow, so what's the difference??? This is the time for ME for a change! My stress reliever!!! And God knows I need it after the winter I had with everything that happened! So I don't feel a bit bad. I just smile as I'm backing out the driveway!

It's another quiet boring day. The guys are heading to the Houston headquarters for the 40th anniversary party tomorrow morning early, so I'll be in here by myself. I like it when they're gone!! I just have to tell people who call in to call our NY office if they want to order. No sales people here tomorrow.

Wish I could send you Gawja folks some of the water that's in our yard, lol!!!

Well have a great day all!
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Anutter hot dry one today. It's so dry, I'm gonna have to start water'in de bermuda grass un de cemetery

Dis ain't no way to start a day. I might have to pull a "Blue" Can we get off de subject of Ex wifes and flat beds fer a second.

Ken,

A few decades ago, I had season tickets to de Flames. De wore me flat out. De jes play too many games.

Ya'll have a wonderful day wit which ever hubby, wife de jour.
When I was a kid, we'd go see the Montreal Canadiens at the Forum. Game at 8 done at 10 pm. Now we had downtown Montreal waiting for us. No city in Canada has the nightlife Montreal has. Party 'till dawn!! Now, I'll go to bed after a good late movie.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot...... Pics are in a new thread in the Clubhouse!
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sweet I'm there. Thanks Sandy!
Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:12 AM
CQR

Good mornin', Good mornin', Good morning!

25 hours and counting. Have to register the fruit of my loins for her senior year today. Then try to get thru the day and get packed for our road trip tomorrow. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a lot of what we'll need when we get there. (helping out the local economy) Since most of the useful things in life aren't allowed on an airplane. Looks like its gonna cool off a bit for the weekend. That should make for good driving. Have a great day!
Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:30 AM

Mawn'in

Mawn'in all Yet anutter hot dry day.

CQR, Whar ya from? Ya talk like Noah "Fruit of my loins"

Ya know de first thing Noah did when the ark landed? Planted sum grape vines and got stink'in drunk.

I noticed how Me [wit de help of Joel Chandler Harris] got Scot talk'in like ya spose to, den Sandy started in........... But whar in de Wild Wild World of Sports did des Biblical vocabulary come from?

Good morning bretheren, How arths thou today, Sandy begat Nicole, And Ken "knew" his wife and laid with her and he begat.........then Jamesbo spilt his seeds upon the ground and didn't begat no body.

Dis has gotta stop.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:34 AM
CQR

Transmitting from the high desert known as Denver, Colorado!
Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo..... you crack me up, lol!!!!! Happy Friday everyone!

It's a beautiful chilly morning here. Sun, blue skies and in the 50's right now. I want to go to a show in Akron tomorrow, but they're saying we could get "severe storms" in the afternoon.... I dunno. Will have to keep my eyes on the weather channel!

The guys are on the way to Houston. Their flight left at 6 am this morning, so I have the place to myself. I'm out at Clay's desk today, right in front of his window! I miss not having a window, being stuck in the middle room with Brian. I have the front door propped open to let in some fresh air too. Can't do that when the guys are here. They whine!

I brought my hammer and some nails in so I can hang the few pictures I bought over the winter. This place is as drab as they come, lol. We have boxes stacked everywhere because there is no storage. Storage shelves in both bathrooms with office supplies on them - and boxes. Walls are an ugly flat beigeish color. YUCK! I did hang a few pics in here over the winter while they were gone somewhere. Makes it look a little better! Hard to want to come in to a place every day when it's down right plain looking!

I'll take some pics and post so you can see, since the guys aren't here. Nothing top secret in here, lol!

So I went to the Stow cruise in last night ( not the 'store', lol). Quite a few cars and a beautiful evening! Will make a new thread with the pics when I'm done here, so you can go look!

Had to move Teepo out of the garage this morning and cover her up in the driveway because Larry has a plumber coming and thought the guy may have to look up in the attic - which the ladder door is in the ceiling in the garage right over my car. We're trying to get natural gas to the house so we can get rid of the propane. The gas company came out over a month ago and put little flags by the side of the garage in the flowerbed, and out by the end of the drive, showing where it would have to be dug up.

Larry talked to them the other day, and they said to get a plumber out to look and see where gas line would have to be ran, from the outside to the furnace, which is in the attic, and to the hot water tank which is in the hallway closet. So I had to move Teepo. He's supposed to show up between 9 and 11 am. So I'll go home at lunch and put her back in!

I told Larry I didn't know plumbers did gas line? He said they can pressure check them and such, and that's what the gas company said to do! Learn something new every day, lol. It sure would be nice to get rid of that expensive propane!

Well gotta go have my Friday morning Pop-Tart, lol! Talk to ya in a few.....
Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:38 PM

Good morning everyone. Congrats on getting your groundhog Jamesbo, from what you said about him he's lucky to be alive
Congrats on your anniversary CQR. I've been married for 5 1/2 years now myself but I don't know where that time went lol.
Those are some nice cars over on that other thread Sandy
Weather here is starting to cool down now, around 38 on the way into work this morning, might have to think about getting my winter pants out for the bike

Almost time to start work so I'll ttyl

Adrian
Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Cutlass Lover

Glad you dropped in Adrian! I was beginning to wonder about ya!!

I took my lounge chair out here to the sidewalk and set it up outside the door, and have been laying in the sun since lunch time, lol! If the phone rings I just come in and answer it! While the cats away, the mouse will play!! God it's just a gorgeous day!!!!!!!!
Old June 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM

Mawn'in

Not so hot up in de mountains dis weekend.

Cllint, My boy and his wife and kids are here from Fort Carson. He's and airborne ranger and just back from his second tour in Iraq and his brother is a school teacher on the left coast. They've got a bet on who will get shot first.

Scot, We fixed up sum Grits a yaya last nit, ya really need to try it.

Cooked me a smoke poke yesterday but fer BBQ sameches dis afternoon.

Tonite, I'm a Gonna fix me sum beef tenderloin poked wit garlic and rubbed with a Monteral season'in. [ jes fer my ole pal Ken.]

I'm gonna have sides of Gratins dauphinois. Only I'm go'in wit de beef stock insted of the cream. It's really good wit beef.

and parmesan roasted brocolli. Ina [The Barefoot Contessa] looks well fed so I feel safe stealing her recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html

Ya'll have a wonderful weekend.
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:49 PM

Well

Since nobody but me likes dis thread today.

I guess I'll hold up de banner.

We've been eat'in and stuff'in ourselves all day. It takes a 3 year ole with a 6 year ole to sho dis ole phart de short way home.

I'm whipped.

We done paddled, explored, discussed, and re discussed everything under de sun.

We spent a good half hour talk'in and play'in wit a poor ole box turtle who happened to cross de road while we were travel'in down to de lake on de Gator.

Now,

De young'uns is down at de lake try'in to gig a few frogs. I done dialed 9-1 and got my finger on de utter 1 jes in case one brother mistakes his brothers big toe fer a frog.

I never seen so much energy. I need a nap
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM

You're a good man for the job!
Old June 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

My Goodness Gracious

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I guess I'll hold up de banner.

We've been eat'in and stuff'in ourselves all day. It takes a 3 year ole with a 6 year ole to sho dis ole phart de short way home.

I'm whipped.
I'll chime in at darn near 9:10pm.

The Trophy Wife and I have been getting ready to drive up to Florence, Kentucky on Monday and stay overnight at the Motel 6 on Dream Street (I'm not kidding.) Then on Tuesday we'll be heading up to Sandusky, Ohio where my TW is from.

The next day I'll be driving up to Neenah, Wi on Lake Winnabago, to spend a couple of days with my 76 year-old sister in a "retirement residence", and to visit a multitude of nephews up there. I think there's about 17 of 'em.

I'll chime in when I hit a place with wi-fi!

Ya'll have a good Sunday!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; June 4th, 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelin
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Jamesbo... you're up kinda late' ain't ya??

I went to my first car show today, so start counting!! It was over in Akron. Didn't win anything, but had a good time! Forgot the sunscreen, so I am pretty much lobster red on my thighs, arms, chest, and the tops of my feet! It sure do burn! I took a cool bath a while ago and lathered on the Aloe lotion. Ain't helpin much, lol.

I'm going to another show tomorrow in Akron too. It's a late one, from 3 to 7. So I can get some housework done in the morning, and a few other things before I go.

Larry grilled some steaks and taters tonight while I cleaned Teepo. She sure got dusty today, and pollen fuzzy things all inside her and the trunk. I was not happy! She turned over 76,000 miles on the way to Akron today!

Well I'll talk to ya tomorrow sometime!