The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old July 27th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a beautiful kinda chilly morning. Temps in the low 60's, but heading up to the 80's. I hate it that the sun is moving around towards the other side of the house already. Sign of things to come..... it's depressing.

What a traffic morning out on 91 this morning! I got behind 3 semis - one turned too wide to go onto 82, and of course all the traffic on 82 couldn't back up any to let him turn cause they were bumper to bumper..... So we had to sit there until the 82 light turned green and cars could get out of his way.... what a mess! I was late. Then of course the cat didn't come home this morning until 7:45 when I should have been leaving, so that put me behind cause I had to give him his medicine. He was gone last night so he didn't get any. Helluva way for the day to start, lol!

I love home canned peaches, Citcapp! Haven't had them in years, lol!

Jamesbo..... where are you this morning???

Hope today goes faster than yesterday. I sat here and dozed on and off yesterday afternoon, lol. It was a long one...... Goin to the Chick Fil A cruise in tonight, Stow tomorrow night!

Have a great day all!
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot and muggy one today.

I hope we got the peach thing taken care of so we can move on to mo important matters.

Like our favorite song titles.

One of my favorites is

"Still miss you baby, but my aim's gett'in better"

Originally Posted by citcapp
my mate and I can peaches and pears every year for winter time eating. Sure do taste good yum yum
Cool Pat,

I won't show her your post in de "Humor de jour" thread so ya'll can continue your domestic culinary bliss.
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Yes Jamesbo...... Scot is sending me peaches!! I am happy!!

Song titles? I always liked "How can I miss you, if you won't leave"???
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Smile This is now a PEACH POST Thread!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.69 cents a pound??!!!!!! Holy Toledo batman, that's cheeeeeeeep!! I'd love to go buy peaches for that price. Or nectarines. Or plums. Or heck, any kind of fruit! Wow.
That just amazes me.
Our South Carolina peaches, as well as the California "whites" are going for 88 cents in the stores right now, cheaper at the stands.

Been eatin' a bunch!

Morning, all ya'll....

--Don

Old July 27th, 2011, 06:03 AM

"If I shot you when I wanted to, I'd be out by now"
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Got another hot muggy one in store for us down here. Sandy it's only getting started as far as the heat goes for us. Jamesbo and Ddbord can attest to that. August is a trying month for me anyhoo.

Yes peaches sent out last eve and I pray they don't get mangled or squashed in de snail mail. Speaking of snail mail, still no word on the interview results.

Jamesbo that is some colorful songs you have there, are they originals? Kind of reminds me of the email that went around last year about about the upset husband on his 20th anniversary and his wife couldn't figure out what was wrong. He told her he was crying because her daddy told him 20 years ago to marry her or he would put him in jail, so he would've got out of jail today.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Scot
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:38 AM

Scot,

You're a peach of a guy fer help'in Sandy.

True story. My grand mother sent canned peach and canned CHICKEN from south Gawga to my uncle in Burma during WWII.

He's still verticle so I guess she knew WTH she was do'in.
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yep being vertical is a great thing. I on the other hand have never sent perishables through the mail before. So I picked the firmest peaches without any blemishes and wrapped them each individually with a 12" x 12" piece of bubble wrap and placed them in a box surrounded with yet more bubble wrap. I'm worried but I think they will be okay.
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'm sure they will be ok Scot!! I am sooooo looking forward to them. Now if I can get Jamesbo to send me some of his great food once in a while..........

How about "I'm So Miserable Without You; It's Like Having You Here."
Old July 27th, 2011, 07:42 AM

"Got In At 2 With a 10, And Woke Up At 10 With a 2."
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
"Car"mudgeon

We're gonna have to install a breathalyzer on your key board Jamesbo
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Too many rotten potatoes already this morning or something, lol!

How about.... "Ain't Never Gone To Bed With An Ugly Woman, But I Sure Woke Up With a Few".
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM

Sorry Folks,

I don't touch de stuff til it's de proper time. [unless of course I have Mexcian fer lunch] Den ya gotta have a margueretta.

"Get Your Tongue Otta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing
You Goodbye "
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Pat,

I've lost the chicken chili recipe. Do you remebEr where it is? Sandy, Scot, Don ANYONE
Old July 27th, 2011, 01:02 PM

I'll find it and repost. I think it got lost when I deleted the original good morning thread
Old July 28th, 2011, 04:23 AM

Imagine this to my surprise.. 2 days In a row. I am first..

now for the big challenge. .do I apply for a job that is 90 miles away and would require a move of my family or not. .it is a Pay increase big enough for me to Quit my 2nd job..... Decisions Decisions.. .
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:23 AM

Mawn'in all

Congrats crazjef

Well it's gonna me anutter hot one. Werked at de cemetery yesterday and it looks nice.

So today, I think I'll pull my numbers match'in 400 outa my drop top and put in an LS jes to get things stir'in.

Geeze Louise What sum folks wanta argue about. De way I see it, If it ain't cancer er a heart attack.........don't worry aobut it.

Sum days [like dis one] it don't pay to be a mod.

I think I may sell my Olds and buy me and Amphicar, I've always wanted one. Wonder what and LS would do in an Amphi. Probably sink de sucker.

I think, I may brake tradition and go smack whitey round today fer a few hours.

Scot,

Speak'in of peaches. When I was attending the prison school one summer[Gordon Military Acadmey] in Barnesville, We used to get out on the Barnesville by pass and hitch hike [escape] to Atlanta.

We'd usually catch a ride on a peach truck headed to de Farmers market, buy de driver a six pack and crusie on up de road.

From de Famers Market we'd hitch hike to de Varsity. From thar we'd know enough people to get whar ever we wanted to go.

Suck'in down a few colds ones on a peach truck sure beat the heck out of argu'in 'bout LS engines in Oldsmobiles.
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have rain here today. It's humid as heck out there - yucky!! Could get storms blowing in this afternoon.

Went to the Chick Fil A cruise last night - there were 28 cars there, which is good! More than last week. Sure hope we continue to get cars and it grows! I don't think Bellacinos in Stow will be going on tonight, not if it's still rainy.

Jamesbo.... I was looking for the Chili recipe and only got halfway through the threads. If I can, I'll keep lookin. It's always fun to go back and read the old stuff with humor from The Colonel and Blue. Lord I miss those guys.

As for the arguing that goes on in threads, I ignore it too. I read some of it. I don't have to contribute because I think my opinion is better or smarter than someone elses. Life's too short to sweat the small petty stuff. Everyone is different and so are opinions. That's how Larry is.... his opinion is always right, and he's gonna cram it down your throat whether you want it or not. Another reason I steer clear from the argumentive threads. I get enough of it!!

Nicole came by and had lunch with me yesterday when she got off work. She's workin 6:30 to Noon. I didn't see the car there this morning, so don't know if she's working or not. Animals are a helluva lot easier to get along with than humans are, so she should like it!

Well we just lost power, so I better get off here. My battery isn't good on this! Have a great day all!
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well we just lost power, so I better get off here. My battery isn't good on this! Have a great day all!
How 'bout dat? I guess we can talk 'bout Sandy all day long and she won't know it.
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Morning All!

Arguing does nothing for the site, however I am one that would prefer an Olds engine in an Olds. I guess it is all the animosity from when the general shut Olds down Thankfully the non-Olds powered thread is where it is so if I don't want to read about them I just don't. Anyhooo

Jamesbo is this what your after? https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-jamesbo.html

Speaking of the Varsity, is it really closed down?? Man that was the cruise in back in the day.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Scot
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:29 AM

Tanks Scot, Dat's what I was hunt'in up. Pat's recipe is really yummy.

NO THE VARISTY ISN'T SHUT DOWN. In fact there's a new one opened up in Dawsonville on Ga. 400 near hwy 53 crosses. near de Georgia PREMINUM [a.k.a expensive] outlet mall.

What closed down was de Varisty Jr. in Buckhead. The city [in it's infinite wisdom] made them close the back entrance which they had been using for 50+ years and they said "stick it"

If I had the $$ I'd spent there, I could buy me a 69 W-30 drop top. I was drug up eat'in Varsity chili dogs, fries, rings and PC's [fer you foreigners thats a plain chocolate milk on ice.]

Ah, jes read de recipe and there's our ole friend Col. Scot, you came along a little late to meet Col, but he was a full blown stitch.

Last edited by Jamesbo; July 28th, 2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: premium
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo, you ***** I didn't leave for long!!!! Power was only off a few minutes both times it went out. Storm has passed, now it's hazy lookin out there. Just a yucky day.

Scot..... Glad you found the recipe. I was looking yesterday, but hadn't gone that far back yet. Got to Feb., lol! Sure hope if they bring my peaches today, they open the breezeway doors and set them inside. I'd hate to have them get waterlogged, lol!!
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM

Well, I was awoken from my slumber by a phone call from my employer, 2nd shift cancelled due to a power outage! (Thunderstorms all night long dunnit) Dang, why not tomorrow when it will be sunny again, and I can go to a cruise in?
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:14 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Whew, I didn't think they would close it down. I remember as a kid going to Atlanta, this was a must stop location regardless of what the itinerary was.

Sandy the only thing to worry about is them getting crushed or the box being waterlogged, the peaches themselves are probably waterproofed by the bubblewrap.
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy check this out if you get a chance, it's like a questionnaire except you fill it out by painting objects with a click or two and at the end it describes you. I did it and it was pretty close to my outlook on things. http://www.chinapaint.com/eng/flash/colorandme_en.swf I know china paint?
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:42 AM

Took the test, now I'm not sure if I like me or not Maybe I'll try again latter.

Glad you found the recipe, I was just about ready to retype the whole thing and I am not that great on the keyboard.

Supposed to be back to sunshine today for at least through Wednesday of next week when I go back to Mississippi again.

Any Olds people near Memphis TN or Olive Branch MS?
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

No problem Pat, the search engine is a wonderful thing

citcapp Any Olds people near Memphis TN or Olive Branch MS?
I wish I were that way maybe you could put me to work.
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
No problem Pat, the search engine is a wonderful thing

I wish I were that way maybe you could put me to work.
If you were there it would be a deal. Hope you find work soon. fingers crossed
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

That was fun! Yep, pretty correct on the answers, except I painted my car red, and I don't agree with that answer. I just like red, lol!
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Pat me too, the kids start school next week and I will go stir crazy with out a job.

Glad you enjoyed that one Sandy, the better half sent it to me this morning so I thought I'd share.
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

That just sucks, Scot. Maybe you should go hound the post office again?
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:33 AM

I think we I painted the Teddy bear purple, they sent someone to come pick me up and take me away.
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM

Hmm, should be interesting being that I'm color blind. I still don't know what color I painted the house!
Old July 28th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Morning all, should be another cold one this morning. Did you get your peaches yet Sandy? Hope you get that call from the post office soon Scot

Have a great day everybody, back to the office for me again

Adrian
Old July 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
"Car"mudgeon

That just sucks, Scot. Maybe you should go hound the post office again?
I know I am doing all I can except going back to school myself, which may be in my future.

I think we I painted the Teddy bear purple, they sent someone to come pick me up and take me away.
It wasn't the men in the white coats was it?

Hmm, should be interesting being that I'm color blind. I still don't know what color I painted the house!
Good thing your not a painter or an electrician

Morning all, should be another cold one this morning. Did you get your peaches yet Sandy? Hope you get that call from the post office soon Scot
Thanks Adrian I just hope someone will hire me She should get them today or tomorrow I hope
Old July 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Nice to hear from ya Adrian!! Don't know if I got the peaches yet or not cuz I'm still at work. It's soooooooooooo muggy out there - don't know if I want to go to the Stow cruise or not tonight. Only a 10% chance of rain until 9pm according to the weather channel. I dunno.

Well.... they lied! it's now pouring the rain outside again, so I really don't think I'm goin anywhere, lol!!
Old July 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

I just read some of the thread that Joe Padavano just closed which I guess was about a thread for folks that were using "crate" engines in their Oldsmobile's. WOW! What a bunch of whining there. I don't care if you put a crate engine in your Olds, but remember, when you get it done, it becomes "an Olds with an engine replacement."

Although my Olds has a lowly small block 5.4LTR 330 cu. in. "OLDSMOBILE" engine, with the distributor in a terrible place to get at it, it is, in total, AN OLDSMOBILE!

I drove Olds "98s" for over 20 years, and I remember back around 1966 or 67 I got my new Olds and found out several months later that my pride and joy had a Chevy engine in it! I remember that I checked all of this out and didn't like this a little bit. I took the car back to my dealer and they installed a brand new Oldsmobile motor. The dealer was not at fault, they had no idea about the factory swap. I guess the factory couldn't get engines fast enough, and used Chevrolet engines in a number of cars.

I just didn't want to have "Olds with a Chevy motor!"

Enough ranting.......

--Don

Old July 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM

I guess the factory couldn't get engines fast enough, and used Chevrolet engines in a number of cars.
GM started doing that in about 1977-78, though I can't remember for sure, A lot of pissed off people, lawsuits etc. It was intentional, the beginning of the end. A neighbor bought a Pontiac Bonneville....it had a Olds 350 in it, he was pissed..we commented that it was an upgrade, that did not help! :0
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and muggy A-gain

I'm gonna forget 'bout engines and have a wonderful day.

Saw a pic of my son on the Wheaties box dis mawn'in and a pic of my ex wife on the milk carton.

My cuz is com'in to visit. Gonna whip up sum Cuban pulled poke cooked with Mojo sauce, black beans and rice and sum fried plantains.

Gonna do like Papa [Hemmingway] did and wrap a paper towel around my daiquiri glass and strap it on with a rubber band.

Kinda makes ya wanta catch a Blue Marlin off of El Morro don't it.
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Morning All!

X100 on the hot and muggy

I took the girls to the Southeastern Regional little league softball tournament to watch the Cartersville, GA team take a whooping from Boone, Tenn. It was hot and of course muggy in the shade but it was a great experience for them. The winners will go on to Oregon to compete in the World Series

Sandy I guess the peaches should arrive today. I sure hope they are fine.

Jamesbo that Cubano pulled hawg sounds great with rice, not a big fan of the black beans or the fried plantains.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a safe weekend.

Scot

Search this Thread