The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo.... I would think you'd cut the meat with the grain, but I'm not a butcher either, lol. Did ya Google it yet??

Yes Dear,

I now have 5253 recipes fer Chicken fried steak but no answer.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

You are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Gonna be another hot, humid one again today.

The re-interview went well I think. Not sure about how many candidates there are but I am sure I'm not the only one.

Jamesbo I don't think it matters on cube steak. We used to just pulverize them with this

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

WHAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOO It's rain'in.

Did get a drop in July but it com'in down on and off pretty good since de middle of de nite.

Scot, I got one of dem things. but cha still got to cut em before ya pound [or in this case roll] dem.

Glad de interview went well. I think you're a shoe in. I check de planatery alignment and things look good.

How do I know? When de planers are propperly aligned, I make a few birdies and sink sum 20' putts, when they ain't it ain't pretty.

Pat will know when he get thru lectician'in.

Ya'll have a wonderful day
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy and still tropical feelin here today. Had rain yesterday and last night. A gray day that looked like fall already. Depressing!! We're supposed to get some sun later on. I hope - I want to go to the Stow cruise in tonight. It got rained out last week, and the week before, it was waaaaayyy too humid to even think about going.

I went out to the garage and cleaned Teepo last night. Came in the house after 9. Wasn't much else to do. Too wet and yucky to be outside, and I didn't want to sit around all night. I hate to sit all the time. I sit here all day and when I get home, I don't want to be sittin more! So I bonded with Teepo, which is my favorite thing to do anyhow!!

Brian here is getting stoked about the Rustang show at Summit this Saturday. Last night he said he started waxing his car. He's been doing a little to it each night. He's not the most ambitious person in the world, lol, but the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. I hope he wins something - they're giving 30 trophies! He'd be thrilled!

Scot..... Glad to hear the interview went well! Hope you get the job!

Jamesbo... Happy to hear you're getting some rain finally! I guess Texas still needs it bad too.

Well you all have a great day!!
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Well lookie ere. Bulldogs back wit us.

Glad you're still vertical. My doctor does the same thing. Can't figger it out........ya need sum more test.

Don, dat 98 sure resembles my mother's Bucik Electra "Deuce and a quarter"

I gots a question fer Pat de Butcher.

Sum one gave me dis meat thing-a-ma-jig that has rollers and a crank. It's spose to be fer mak'in your own cube steak.I know cube steak is made of top round. But which way would cha cut it? againist de grain or de utter way. Before ya run it thru this thingy? If I'm gona get it dirty, I'm gonna make me a pile of country fried steak and freeeze dem.

Did it a-gain Shot a 40 on de front side, Tossed down a few Colorado Koolades, shot a 47 on the back stretch.
You run it through twice, once across the grain and once with the grain
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thank God you answered that question, Citcapp! Now you'll have to post a pic of whatever recipe you make with the meat, Jamesbo!!
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:50 AM

Morning all,

Spent half the night at the hospital last night,just not feeling good at all.

Sandy, I've had all of the standard tests, my Doctor says we need to go beyond the standard tests now. I guess its going to be an M.I.R. now.I sure hope they figure it out soon,I dont like feeling this way and not know why. I dont even have enough energy to drive my Cutlass. All I know is getting Old really SUCKS!

Well have a good day all.
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by bulldog
Morning all,

................ All I know is getting Old really SUCKS!

Well have a good day all.
The alternative suck even more. If, in the morning, when you reach out, you feel satin, smell flowers, and hear soft music, you know that you are in the company of your ancestors.
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Pat, De question is How do you slice de meat before you run it thru de thingy
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM

Spent half the night at the hospital last night,just not feeling good at all
I hope it goes well for you. First day back to work today foe me...still feel like crap, but they did ultrasounds on my gall bladder and liver, plus a ton of blood work, negative. Feels like I got run over by '59 98 and drug a couple of blocks..zero energy.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:00 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Norton I hope everything goes well and you get to feeling better. Same here for you 1969w3155. Prayers sent.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM

1969W3155 and Norton, What the heck is wrong with you guys? I need to make ya up sum chicken soup or sum'em. Ya'll need to get feel'in better soon.
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Morning all, should be another good day here temps around 60 with low to mid humidity.

Hope all goes well for you Scot and you get that job.

Thoughts are sent for you bulldog and 1969w3155, feel better soon.

Don that 98 looks so much like mine, but mine is the 69 model Looks to have close to same dimensions as mine too, can't remember right now, might be the same

I am working in the workshop today for a prac test for this apprenticeship. Wish me luck

Have a wonderful day ya'll, glad to hear you finally got some rain Jamesbo

Adrian
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry to hear you all are feeling bad, Bulldog and 1969. Hope ya get to feelin better. It sucks, for sure!! I keep thinking if I feel this bad at 52, I hate to think how I'm gonna feel when I hit 60, lol! So I don't think about it!!! Jamesbo, ya better send us all some chicken soup!!!

Adrian.... don't be electrocuting yourself or anything like that! You be careful!!

We've had some rain on and off today. Still muggier than hell out there, but the sun is trying to peek out. I actually saw some blue sky through all the ominus dark clouds a while ago. Bellicino's cruise is on tonight in Stow, so I'm heading over when I get out of here and get home and change. It better not friggin rain.
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

Soooo.... just lookin back at some old threads, and am wondering what happened to our old friend Andy - "70 Cutlass S" from Kentucky??? Haven't heard from him in a looonnnggg time?? Also, where's 1ATony?? Haven't heard from him either!

Sun is out..... I'm goin cruisin!!!
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the good thoughts folks. I'm not normally one to get sick, but the last few months sure seem to want to kick my butt. But hey! I lost four lbs! (not the recommended way to lose weight).
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Morning All!

Another scorcher today with a slight chance of the elusive wet stuff this eve. Looks like Tropical Storm Emily has dissipated, so we probably won't get any rain from her.

Well how was the cruise in last night Sandy? I hope it went well.

Speaking of well, Norton and 1969w3155 sure need some chicken soup as Jamesbo suggested.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe weekend.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Mawn'in all

We're gett'in more rain and a little breeze to knock de heat down sum. Only problem is when de clouds roll back and de sun peaks thru, it's like a bein in a frigg'in sauna. 300 % humidity

I Ice maker wore out [must be over used] Gotta go to "Casa De Pot" and get me a new one. Can' live w/o ice.

Yeah be careful with that electricity Adrian. Don't do like our ole pal Blue and measure your battery post with a metal ruler. Boy, I miss Blue,

Sandy, Give me his phone number and I'll call him up.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

What terrible thunderstorms we had last night!

It was only 98 deg. yesterday but high humidity. Supposed to be only 90 deg today with scattered t'storms.

Yeh, Jamesbo WHERE IS BLUEVISTA?

Have a great day everyone!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; August 5th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:47 AM

I miss Blue too We had a great lunch chattin didn't we Sandy. Blue and I were at the end of the table in our own world talkin about all sorts of things. Give me his number and I will ring him too Sandy
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Pat, De question is How do you slice de meat before you run it thru de thingy
ya cut it across the grain Jamsbo
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:07 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

All you 60 year old's hold out until you turn 65 and it gets better. You get your second wind. Heck I can go all night without getting up to use the bathroom. What more could a guy want.

Have a great day all
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have sun and 70's now. High humidity still. Bout tired of humidity!! Can't we just get hot and dry???? Calling for storms later, tonight, and hit or miss all weekend. I want to go to a small show tomorrow, so hoping it doesn't rain. Brian is stoked about the Rustang show too, tomorrow. I'm also planning a show Sunday.

It was nice at Bellicino's last evening! A few new cars there I haven't seen before. Didn't download my pics yet. Only took a few.

Ya know what makes me mad??? All these friggin shows coming up ALL ON THE SAME DAY!!!!! Now.... there are 4 shows scheduled for Aug. 14th, hardly any on the 13th! Same with Sept. 10th. That's the weekend they scheduled our New York golf tournament, and there are 4 shows I want to go to. Dammmmmmmit!!!!! I hate tryin to decide which show to go to!! I really wish they would spread them out between Saturdays and Sundays! Not too many scheduled for the weekend of the 20th and 21st either. I just don't get it. Thanks for listening, lol!

Jamesbo and Adrian... I will PM you Blues number, but he better not get mad at me for it!!!! I tried to call last week and got the answering machine and hung up on it. Of course he knows my number, so maybe they screen calls. I just don't know if I should bother them or not. I love him and Laura to death, and I worry that something has happened, but maybe I shouldn't butt in. I don't know. They are my friends, and I don't know if they got mad at us or something, or if he just decided to get out of the car thing or what. We did have a lovely lunch with Adrian and a nice visit, then he was on the forum just a few weeks longer and that was that. You all let me know if you talk to him!!

Jamesbo..... As my mother would say.... "Do you have rest in your *** now" about how to slice the meat, lol!

Have a great day all! Hope everyone feels better!!
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=cutlassgalJamesbo..... As my mother would say.... "Do you have rest in your *** now" about how to slice the meat, lol! [/QUOTE]

Yes Dear,

My cabouse is in a Zin like blisful state of tranquility.

Tanks Pat
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
CQR

Good afternoon everyone and morning to Adrian. Bout 10 minutes from closing up this pop stand and going home to crack a brew and pick my a**. Actually both of them. One is named Earl and the other is named Ruby. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and to all those feeling a bit off, here's wishing you a fast recovery!
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

Worked on the Cutlass again today. Started the engine for the first time in 10 months. I have been nervous about if it would start or not, but it started and idled well.

Sandy, I know exactly what you mean about multiple car shows being planned on the same day. I don't know if your area does something like this, but each winter, all the local car clubs around here meet and submit when their car shows are and a master calendar is made which shows when there could be conflicts. And yet there are still days or weekends without any shows and then 2 or 3 on the same day.

bulldog and 1969w3155, hope things get better soon.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM

Good thing I don't know nutt'in 'bout crankcase filters.

Sorry Scot, I jes can understand sum folks. Geeze Louise, How much money we talk'iin 'bout anywho.
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:16 PM
CQR

No doubt. I was amazed to read that.
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:17 PM
"Car"mudgeon

About $40 for a K&N And for less than $5 you can get a new AC Delco one that would normally last 3+ yrs each. No need to apologize though, he apparently needed someone to fuss at and he chose me I'm glad Redog, Allan and the others were there 'cause I was about to tell him where it would fit.
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
I'm glad Redog, Allan and the others were there 'cause I was about to tell him where it would fit.
Lubrication optional
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:33 PM
"Car"mudgeon

You know it
Old August 6th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Hey Jamsbo, I am in Atlanta this morning my connecting flight to Seattle from Memphis was late so I missed my connection and spent the night in a motel on the stip and am setting at the airport waiting form my flight. Should be home by 1:30 PM if I am lucky. Shouda had you come down and buy me a drink Ha Ha.

Have a good one all

Pat
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Hey Jamsbo, I am in Atlanta this morning my connecting flight to Seattle from Memphis was late so I missed my connection and spent the night in a motel on the stip and am setting at the airport waiting form my flight. Should be home by 1:30 PM if I am lucky. Shouda had you come down and buy me a drink Ha Ha.

Have a good one all

Pat
Well, I wish cha had given me a little mo notice. I'm in de mountains dis mawn'in. But I would luv to shake your hand.
Old August 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's hot and muggy here again. Been watching the Weather Channel to see about those storms we're supposed to get later. The show I want to go to is from 2 to 6, of course that's when the storm chances go up in percentage! They're supposed to be scattered, but I dunno. Right now it's sunny. Brian should be over at Summit now, happier than a pig in shi* to be surrounded by all the Rustangs, lol! I sure hope he put on his "thick skin" this morning, so he doesn't get his feelings hurt if no one oogles his car...... he's like that, lol! I gave him plenty of warning that it could happen. Guess I'll hear about it on Monday!

I'm gonna take Lin with me today, if I decide to go. She'll like it. Her daughters have moved to the Ravenna area from where they were, and her youngest daughter Bobbi has been using Lins apartment as a flop house, and Lin is plum worn out. Plus Lin has been watching her oldest daughter Tina's little 5 year old girl cause Tina finally got off her *** and got a job. Lin can't deal with it all. She's all discombobulated worse than usual when I talk to her every day. She has her own schedule and routine, and once again, her friggin kids are using her and taking advantage of her. I told her she better open her mouth and tell them. Her apartment is too tiny to have all those people in it all the time. She's not sleeping good, and that's not good on her lack of memory or her heart. They really make me mad.......

I figure Bobbi is going to try to get Lin in trouble so she'll have to move and they can all move in together!!! They treat Lin like their slave. Lin says it ain't gonna happen, but I don't know. I may have to say something to the girl in the office of Lin's building about all this. I really don't want to get involved anymore. I have my own crap going on and don't need the added stress, ya know??

Well I better get something done this morning, so I reckon I'll talk to ya later. Have a great day all!!
Old August 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM

Even'in all

Sandy,

I jes had anutter poke steak. I'm so glad cha introduce me to dem.
Cause, I *** from a long line of lazy white trash, and didn't wanta fire up de grill, I hunted up a recipe dat turned out pretty good.

In a big skillet

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
chopped green onion
minced garlic

Jes toss de poke steaks in de pan after ya cook de garlic and onion and voila.

I call it "Ohio snow days poke steaks"

I had mine with fried pineapple rings and rice-Yummy
Old August 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evenin All!

Well we went to the show in the little burg of Charlestown today. We were about 5 or 6 miles from the Ravenna Arsenal. We were parked by the fence that runs along the arsenal boundary. Only about 35 or 40 cars, motorcycles and trucks. Didn't win anything. It was participant voting, and most of the people knew each other! I won't go next year. It got dark and cloudy and started sprinklin on us around 5:00. Didn't get poured on, but did have to drive on the wet friggin roads. So I've been out in the garage most of the evening cleaning her. I plan on going over to Maple Hts. tomorrow to a show. I don't think it's supposed to rain, but I dunno.

Jamesbo..... I'm happy you're likin poke steaks, lol! I can't believe you went this long without knowin about them. That recipe sounds good. I like the name of it, lol.

Well I gotta download the pics I took today so I'll talk to ya all tomorrow!
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Good morning all

First to post today, go figure, everyone must be at a car show or on vacation. have a great Sunday all
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Howdy all

Nice day ere in de mountains. Ever tried to read a book in lounge chair with your wife near by tossing a tennis ball fer a golden retreiver swimming round.

"Hey Red.................. Good Boy"

" shake ...........shake........... shake

Could I borrow a towel dear to clean off my book, my glasses and my clothes. Would you mind help'in me get the wet dog hair outa my beer?
Old August 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Morning all, lets hope today turns out to be another good one down here.

Jamesbo, it sounds like you might need one of those fancy cocktail umbrellas for your beer and a sail to keep yourself dry I'll have to try that next time I have a poke steak

Sandy, at shows like that they might as well rig the results if they're all good buds

Off to work for anutter day, ttyl

Adrian