The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Page 101

Top o' da evenin' to ya and Happy Saint Patty's Day

The TW wanted me to add green food coloring in my beer and I said "let's don't and say we did"

Jamesbo, I've never been above Maryland on the right coast, Missouri in de middle and N. California on the left coast. I bet Intercourse, PA would be a hoot.

Pat at least whilst at sea you could eat all kinds of hossenfeffer and never run out

Sandy just invest in one of those "magic bullets" that puree everything from ice to walnuts and then add some fruit juice and VOILA instant nutrition you don't have to chew

Yall have a great St Patty's Day

Scot
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sum'em kinda interst'in 'bout see'in a woman werk'in behind a plow horse. I've heared dar are a bunch sum whar in Ohio. Sandy/Blue?
There's a large community of Amish around Middlefield,Ohio, SE of Sandy. When I lived up on Lake Erie we used to hire them for carpenter work, roofing, and cabinetry. They could run your power tools, but couldn't buy them, couldn't own a car but could ride in yours. The Amish I knew were regular folks, except for the beards, homemade garb, and the hats and bonnets. and... they loved Amish jokes! IE: What is "Clipity Clop, Clipity Clop, Bang-Bang, Clipity Clop, Clipity Clop, Bang-Bang?"

An Amish drive-by shooting!

Pat, is this too political?

--Don

Old March 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Don did ya find a gasket for your master cylinder? How's everything going with the better half? Hopefully well

Scot
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

Nice to see you all woke up today, lol!! Don.... nice to hear from you, and hope all is going well. We don't have any Amish around us here, but yes, they are out closer to Blue's area. Down towards the Dover/New Philly area there are alot of Amish shops where they sell furniture and stuff. Clay and his wife go down there alot and buy things. He says it's expensive, but the quality is great.

Where the devil is Blue???? I'm getting upset again. If Teepo was out, we'd have cruised out his way today.

God was it just a fantastic day!!!! Schleped my lounge chair down from the upstairs in the garage and laid in the sun for 3 lovely hours!!! It got up to 78 here!

Took Doodle to the vet and came home $234.00 poorer. Besides the rabies shot, he also got the feline lukemia shot, and a worm shot. Also got a plunger full of some kind of liquid wormer stuff. Easier for them to give it to him than me, lol. He yowled at the top of his lungs all the way there and all the way home. Poor guy. But now at least he'll be protected when he starts fightin with the critters.

Larry made a big pot of corned beef and cabbage today. I dug out the taters and carrots and cabbage and mashed it all up so I could eat it. It didn't look real good, but it tasted delicious! Then I had a nice dish of jello, lol. This not chewing, sucks!!

I went down to Giant Eagle earlier this evening to get my prescription filled, and on the way home I saw a beautiful dark green and gold 71 or 72 442 headin the other way! God it was pretty. I want Teepo out!!!!!!! Saw a nice Corvette out when I took Doodle to the vet. Jean said she saw a beautiful 57 Chebby out up her way. It was the perfect cruisin day here. I just can't believe it's March. Wish it would be like this every winter!! I picked some daffodils and a hyacinth and brought in to enjoy! My hydrangea is getting green leaves on it, and my white star magnolia tree has opening buds. Hostas are coming up. I sure hope we don't have another freeze.....

I hope they miss on that rain forecast tomorrow - the roses need trimming already. They're already getting lots of new growth and have so much dead wood that needs cut off. So that will be my project if it's nice out. If not, I'll be in here doing more spring cleaning.

Well you all have a nice evening!
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
There's a large community of Amish around Middlefield,Ohio, SE of Sandy. When I lived up on Lake Erie we used to hire them for carpenter work, roofing, and cabinetry. They could run your power tools, but couldn't buy them, couldn't own a car but could ride in yours. The Amish I knew were regular folks, except for the beards, homemade garb, and the hats and bonnets. and... they loved Amish jokes! IE: What is "Clipity Clop, Clipity Clop, Bang-Bang, Clipity Clop, Clipity Clop, Bang-Bang?"

An Amish drive-by shooting!

Pat, is this too political?

--Don

Your safe Don
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:47 AM

Good morning all....

Spring is arrived in Düsseldorf...
The last days were quite sunny and warm. Near 20°C

Friday we had our first regional car meeting, and my
Cutlass runs well after the long wintertime...
In midweek begins the great Classic Car Show,
Techno Classica Essen... http://www.siha.de/tce.php
Will visit the show next Saturday.

Have a good one all...

Udo
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:54 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm an wet. Thunderboomers mov'in thru.

Don, You ain't even close to political. I've heard dat drive by shoot'in thing on Neal Bortz a few times. Ya ever heared "Boo got shot." Sorry, I won't post it.

Sandy, Ya could eat mashed taters wit salsa or Campbell's veggie soup like de show on TV.

Udo, Isn't Dusseldorf whar de used to make ball bearings?

Scot, Intercourse Pa. is knida near Bird in de hand Pa. Ya oughta check it out sum time. Den swing by Gettysberg, Pa. It's really interest'in.

Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends. I gonna fire up de drop top and wipe de dust off.
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:11 AM

Oh.. and tonight i go to a concert, a good old friend is on tour...
(without ball bearings in my knees..)

Udo
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Good Sunday Morning!

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Don did ya find a gasket for your master cylinder? How's everything going with the better half? Hopefully well Scot
The good news is that Marilyn has been accepted to Mayo Clinic for evaluation and surgery if indicated... The bad news is that she's on a waiting list and her appointment is scheduled in September! They have lots of cancellations, though.

I found a perfect Delco-Morraine master cylinder diaphragm/gasket at Ames Performance Parts, a Pontiac parts supplier! They have a mess of things that will fit our Oldsmobiles...

Ya ever heared "Boo got shot." Sorry, I won't post it.
Jamesbo-- Dey got things called PM's 'round here...

Sandy, yes I am awake and will put the part in Blue Belle and give her the first spring run!

Pat- Thanks for your tolerance!

Have a great Sunday, everyone

Last edited by Ddbord; March 18th, 2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spel'n
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM

morning all

It's snowing outside right now, while you guys on the right coast have hot weather, go figure. Its 33 degrees in the garage so I am not working on the 48. The weatherman says this will continue for at least another week.

Glad to see your going to fire up the drop top Jamsbo, enjoy yourself.

Don, glad to see your bride is going to get into Mayo. Hope it improves her quality of life.

You all have a great Sunday
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Afternoon Olds Enthusiasts Alike

Just getting home from werk and it is a beautiful day here. I gotta finish putting the belts on the Troybilt today Old one came off w/out a hitch but the new ones are thicker and are giving me a bit of trouble. No wonder why the manual says to take it to a qualified Troybilt repair shop to change the drive belts I bet it would be over $250 fer dem to change em out so I'll get er dun myself.

Glad to her they will see the better half Don and that you've found your part.

Jamesbo if PA ain't alot like Dixie, I don't wanna go Hmm where have I heard that before Nah just kiddin, I'd love to visit Gettysburg one day. How about Two In The Bush, PA is there such a place?

Yall have a good un, I'm gwan to werk on da mower

Scot
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by citcapp
I am not working on the 48.
Pat, how much work was it to put the 455 into the 1948?

--Don
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone.

It's summer! Ok, not quite, but it is currently about 73 and sunny, in March. That is rare here.

I went to a sugarbush this morning.

I started working on the Cutlass yesterday and worked on it again today. The plan was to try and get all the front trim and lights on. Yesterday I ended up just polishing the pieces of trim as I found them, since they looked dirty. Today I was trying to get the grilles mounted onto the stone guard, but ended up breaking a script I was putting on the grill and the grills still won't fit right on the stone guard.

Don, good to hear the news for your wife.

Enjoy spring, Udo.

Well, going back to enjoying my birthday now.
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Pat, how much work was it to put the 455 into the 1948?

--Don

Not in yet. I just got my sanderson headers. I now have everything ready to install. The motor mounts are done so I am close. Should be easy from here on in. Getting the body finished is another matter
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hippo Burpday Paul!!
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Well Happy Birthday, Paul! Hope you had a good one!!

It was nice here most of the day. Sunny, breezy and 74. Thunderstorms came in around 6 ish and are still here on and off. More rain.... just what we need.

I clipped back most of the roses today, then worked out at the water garden and patio back there, raking up all the leaves from fall that we didn't rake up then. Spent a couple hours doing that. Laid in my chair about an hour until the clouds moved in, then came in and did some more spring cleaning. Ate a lucious supper of chicken noodle soup and jello. I do believe my jaw is feeling better, but can't go forever not chewing.... we'll see.

Well it's back to work tomorrow already. It's supposed to be 77 degrees tomorrow and 78 on Tuesday!!! I hope to God Steve isn't cold!! I should have taken Tuesday off..... maybe I will. Got to go up to Jeans Tuesday night - it's David's birthday.

Have a great night all!
Old March 19th, 2012, 04:58 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm again. I'm wear'in my shorts to play golf today fer de frist time.

Sandy, Are cha glad you're in Ohio and not Flagstaff Arizona. De got 20 " of snow yesterday.

Here's a ginger bread, pumpkin pie filling, vanila pudding triffle recipe dat really good. Just pund de starch outa de gineger snaps an you should be good to go.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html

I make it every Thanksgiving. Yummy

Don, Dat's great news 'bout Marilyn. Hope de can figger out what's what and fix it. If ya can give me de names of the folks in front of her, I can call my uncle Lewie and get her to de front of de line.

Scot, Last week I was cutt'in fire wood, dis week I'm cutt'in grass. Crazy weather ain't it.

Guess you know New Holland is up dar too in de Pennsylvania Dutch country. Actually, It ain't go nutt'in to do with Dutch. De folks jes could use de right werd. Deutsch. I should be call de Pennsylvania Deutsch area not de Dutch area.

De make dis stuff called Mush fer breakfast. Not bad, Kinda like what you or I would call a hoe cake.

Pat, Wit all dat snow, ya can't go to de stow, ya can't grill out. So ya might as well get de ole '48 finished up before spring.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a very foggy morning here. Visibility was practically zero early this morning. Scary drive to work. It's still pretty heavy out there, but thinning some. It's in the high 50's now, heading to supposedly 76 or so later!

I have capri's on, but brought in a skort for later if it gets hot in here, and also brought a tank top and shorts in case it's nice enough to lay out in my chair at lunch time, lol! I am prepared!

Yes....... the heater is on out there. So is my fan!! It's up to 76 in here. Brian had the heating people in here on Saturday because he turned on the AC Friday afternoon when we were dying in here, and it never got cool, no matter what we did to the thermostat. So there was a relay they had to replace or something. Hopefully it will work later when it gets baking hot in here.

I saw on the long range forecast last night, temps in the 40's next week. Hopefully it won't get any cooler than that. And..... maybe they'll miss on that, lol!

Jamesbo..... enjoy wearing those shorts, lol! I did all weekend!!! Felt sooooo good to feel the sun on the skin!

I had cream of wheat and yogurt for breakfast. Brought in lots of applesauce, puddings and soups to get me through the week, and a banana for lunch time.

Well you all have a wonderful Monday!
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Not in yet. I just got my sanderson headers. I now have everything ready to install. The motor mounts are done so I am close. Should be easy from here on in. Getting the body finished is another matter
Sounds like a LARGE project, Pat...

Good Luck, and take some pix to show us!

--Don
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Morning All!

It's a very foggy morning here. Visibility was practically zero early this morning. Scary drive to work. It's still pretty heavy out there, but thinning some. It's in the high 50's now, heading to supposedly 76 or so later!

I have capri's on, but brought in a skort for later if it gets hot in here, and also brought a tank top and shorts in case it's nice enough to lay out in my chair at lunch time, lol! I am prepared!

Yes....... the heater is on out there. So is my fan!! It's up to 76 in here. Brian had the heating people in here on Saturday because he turned on the AC Friday afternoon when we were dying in here, and it never got cool, no matter what we did to the thermostat. So there was a relay they had to replace or something. Hopefully it will work later when it gets baking hot in here.

I saw on the long range forecast last night, temps in the 40's next week. Hopefully it won't get any cooler than that. And..... maybe they'll miss on that, lol!

Jamesbo..... enjoy wearing those shorts, lol! I did all weekend!!! Felt sooooo good to feel the sun on the skin!

I had cream of wheat and yogurt for breakfast. Brought in lots of applesauce, puddings and soups to get me through the week, and a banana for lunch time.

Well you all have a wonderful Monday!

Ok you got me now whats a skort
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Ok you got me now whats a skort
Pat, Cha ever seen dem leather britches wit de butt cutout? I think it's like Rice-a-roni. [It's a San Frnacisco thing]

Anywho, I think it's a skirt wit a hole cut out de back so Sandy can "Shine from behind".

Keeps ya cool and what not.
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

You are funny Jamesbo!!!

A skort is a skirt with shorts sewed in underneath. No cut outs, lol! Very comfy. I have lots of them that I wear all summer!!! Best thing ever made for a woman, I think. I have it on now..... it's 78 in here. And the AC IS ON!!!!! Brian doesn't believe in turning it down too low...... God forbid it get cool in here! The sun came out right before lunch, and it's 72 outside. Just gorgeous!!!! I worked up a sweat walking.
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:33 PM

Good evening all.

Another nice warm day here today, up to 24C. It is supposed to get even warmer later in the week.

Thanks Sandy and Scott. I had a great day.

I worked on the grills again tonite and I think I finally have it all together and lined up.

Good luck with the small project Pat.

Have a great day.
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter warm dry one. De pollen count was a record 8000 yesterday.

Sandy, To continue our ladies fashion thread. I thought dem things were call Coolots? I ain't never heared of skorts ? But WTH do I know.

Did Troy Donahue wear what you call "Capris " in Surfside Six?
OOOOOOOOOPS dat'in myself again. I thought de were called Clam Diggers? Mary Tyler Moore used to wear dem on de Dic van Dyke Show. She mighta called dem Pedal pushers.

I better stick to subjects I know a might 'bout and distance me self from ladiesware.

FOOD

Don't des look yummy?

Pat, My game kinda sorta decided to show up yesterday 44/43 Maybe I just need polllen on me shoes to help me hit de ball.

Have a great dayOlds Friends. I'm off to de mall to figger out what Junior Miss means.

Not really
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy first day of Spring!!!

It's a nice morning here. Sun is coming out, temps in the 50's heading towards the high 70's!!! My white Star Magnolia tree is open! It smells sooooo good!!

Guess what??? No heater is on yet this morning! It's a lovely thing! It's a comfy 72 in here right now. I wore a skort.....

Jamesbo.... I think skorts and coolots are kinda sorta the same thing. They are called skorts nowadays, but when I was younger, they were coolots. Usually coolots went below the knee and looked like pants. But I've never paid any attention to fashion - just wore what I like, lol!

Today is nephew David's birthday, so I have to get a cake (another bunch of kids who do nothing for their parent) and get Linda and Nicole after work and head up to Jean's. Won't get home until late I'm sure.

Nicole is supposed to spend the night at Linda's tonight so she will be there to take Linda for her 'pre testing' tomorrow morning at 9:00. Lin's surgery is set for Monday the 26th. I think this will be the 4th time they've replaced the defibrillator. I don't know.

I have the MRI on my jaw on April 3rd. Let the running begin......

I'm having my wonderful breakfast of Cinnamon Swirl oatmeal and peach yogurt. It's quiet in here. Phone has only rang once so far.

Larry brought home some wide boards from work, so when the yard dries up some, I can get Teepo out!!! Hoping for Thursday evening, we're not supposed to have any rain through then. Weekend is looking rainy and cooler. There was another get together at Bellacino's last night, but I didn't go since I forgot about it.

Well you all have a great day! Hope the weather is good where you are!!!
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:10 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin Mawnin People

Beautimus day in paradise today Although the pollen is way up and the water oaks are so full of H2O if you stand under em you'll get drenched

Jamesbo dem stone crabs look great, yummy!

Paul glad to hear you had a great B-day and you have your grilles in

Yall have a great day

Scot
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM

Wind and rain again and this the first day of spring. Still in the low 40's here.

Glad to see your game coming around Jamsbo. Too wet to play here.

Sandy, women's fashion makes no sense to me. Skirt with shorts built in whats with that?????? Too much information. Hope you get Teepo out ok time to start cruising.

Going to a local car club dinner meeting tonight called the Woodinville cruisers, just a bunch of guys and gals with hotrods. Cool group to hang with and talk cars. Get my fix this way seeing as how It is too wet to cruise here in the wet NW

Have a great day all
Old March 21st, 2012, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter warm one.

Pat, It's not jes women's fashion dat don't make any sense. Dis mawn'in in less time dat it took to drink 2 sips of coffee, my Super Model changed subjects at least 20 times. But I won't go thar.

Scot, What's de penality fer shiipping Hasmat thru de mail if ya don't tell em?

When I was a pup, I used to werk in a Sport'in goods store. Allways found it odd ya have to have a steel powder storage area to secure gun powder but you could stack Coleman fluid to de frig'in ceiling and dat was fine.

Roof? Golf?

Decisions/decisions
Old March 21st, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another beautiful day here also! Sun is out, in the high 50's now heading to around 82 later! It got up to 86 here yesterday! We broke a record for the day.

Well we went up to Jean's for David's birthday last evening. Didn't get up there until almost 6:30 by the time I got through the traffic after work and got Nicole and Linda. Jean was in a real grumpy mood...... I hate it when she's like that. Got to meet Nicole's "friend" who is here from Alabama, as he went with us. He seems nice. Very polite. Called me Ma'am all the time, lol. I love those southern drawls...... Guess he is heading home today.

Didn't get home until around 10:30 last night and I am tired today. We figured while we were there, we might as well go to the cemetery and clean off the graves some, on the way to the DQ in Newton Falls. I had to watch those hogs eat hot dogs with sauce, while I had a banana milkshake. My supper consisted of a piece of Davey's b-day cake and a milkshake. How healthy is that, lol??

So Nicole spent the night with Linda and should have her at the hospital for her pre tests right about now.

Well we have the heater/fan wars going on this morning. 77 in here already, and Steve is cold........ unbelieveable!!!!!

I'm gonna be in my lawn chair at lunch time again today! Those cans of Campbells soup that you heat and sip are awesome, lol! Heat it up and carry it outside.....

Have a great day all!!!
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:00 AM

Sandy,

Ya know what a gay guy is in Alabama?

Someone who like girls better than FOOTBALL.
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

LOL!!! That's funny.....
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:33 AM

Morning guys. It's been awesome out in New England. Can't wait for the summer. Figured I'd swing by and say hi, haven't visited the board in a bit.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:05 AM

Jamsbo, Golf or roof. Roof of course

Sandy enjoy the sun

Nice of you to drop in Tony, what's new in your car life?

I think spring is hiding somewhere 36 degrees outside this morning

Have a great day all
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:07 AM

Jamsbo, Golf or roof. Roof of course

Sandy enjoy the sun

Nice of you to drop in Tony, what's new in your car life?

I think spring is hiding somewhere 36 degrees outside this morning

Have a great day all
Not much. waiting to take the Mustang out. Just bought a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, that I'm kind of restoring (not that it needs much), then tossing a 3.5" lift in it.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:20 AM

Fer you newer folks, 1ATony was de guy who who started dis thread.
[Kinda a shame de boy defected to Rustangs]

Maybe we oughta chip in an send him to de Betty Ford clinic fer rehab
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:41 AM

Fer you newer folks, 1ATony was de guy who who started dis thread.
[Kinda a shame de boy defected to Rustangs]

Maybe we oughta chip in an send him to de Betty Ford clinic fer rehab
LOL...I just love cars. I'm a huge Chrysler guy too. I'd sport an Olds if one came my way.

There's a sweet (I think it's a 78) black 442 down the street from my house.
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome back Tony! I was just thinking of you the other day and wondered where you've been! Good to hear from you. As you can see, we keep this thread hopping, lol. Never know what you're gonna read on it.

Citcapp.... Spring is in Ohio for a change, lol!!!

Jamesbo..... you crack me up!!!
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All!

Beautimus Day yet again in paradise But can it last?

Jamesbo, a lot of things nowadays are considered hazmat since 9/11. Many things considered hazmat can be shipped by "ground" only that cannot board a plane. Now if you ship something through the mail that has to board a plane to get to it's final destination faster chances are it will be x-rayed and possibly kicked out, thus subject to inspection and if isn't an "allowable" hazmat item(s) then the mailer is subject to fines and/or imprisonment Here is a brief list... Next post this one too long

One question for Tony... Mopar 340 or 360? Which would you hang on to for a modest street/strip build? Long story but I inherited quite a shop full of hot rods and hot rod stuff

Yall have a great day

Scot
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Class
Hazard Class Name
and Division

Transportation Method
Domestic
Mail Air Transportation

Domestic
Mail Surface
Transportation

International Mail
Explosives
Division -
1.1 Mass Explosive Hazard
1.2 Projection Hazard
1.3 Fire Hazard and/or Minor Blast/Minor Projection Hazard
1.4 Minor Blast Hazard
1.5 Very Insensitive With Mass Explosion Hazard
1.6 Extremely Insensitive With No Mass Explosion Hazard
Prohibited
Prohibited except with written permission as allowed in 10.11.2
Prohibited
Gases
Division -
2.1 Flammable Gases
2.2 Nonflammable, Nontoxic Gases
2.3 Toxic Gases
Division 2.1 and 2.3: Prohibited.
Division 2.2: Only ORM-D material per 10.12.2
Divisions 2.1 and 2.2: Only ORM-D material per 10.12.2.
Division 2.3: Prohibited
Prohibited
Flammable and Combustible Liquids
Flammable
liquids: Prohibited.
Combustibles:
Only ORM-D
material per 10.13.3

Flammable liquids:
Only ORM-D material per 10.13.2.
Combustibles: Only ORM-D material per 10.13.3
Prohibited
Flammable Solids
Division -
4.1 Flammable Solids
4.2 Spontaneously Combustible
4.3 Dangerous When Wet
Prohibited
Only ORM-D material per 10.14.2
Prohibited
Oxidizing Substances,
Organic Peroxides

Division -
5.1 Oxidizing Substances
5.2 Organic Peroxides
Only ORM-D material per 10.15.2
Only ORM-D material per 10.15.2
Prohibited
Toxic Substances and Infectious Substances
Division -
6.1 Toxic Substances
6.2 Infectious Substances
Division 6.1: Only ORM-D material per 10.16.2.
Division 6.2: Only per 10.17
Division 6.1: Only ORM-D material per 10.16.2.
Division 6.2: Only per 10.17
Division 6.1: Prohibited.
Division 6.2: Only mailable per IMM 135
Radioactive Materials
Prohibited
Only in limits per 9.0 and Publication 52
Only mailable in limits per IMM 135
Corrosives
Only ORM-D material per 10.19.2
Only ORM-D material per 10.19.2
Prohibited
Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials
Only ORM-D material per 10.20
Only ORM-D material per 10.20
Prohibited, except magnetized materials per IMM 136
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

10.5 Mailer Responsibility for Mailing Hazardous Materials

Full responsibility rests with the mailer to comply with all postal and nonpostal laws and regulations regarding the mailing of hazardous materials. Anyone who mails, or causes to be mailed, a nonmailable or improperly packaged hazardous material can be subject to legal penalties, including but not limited to those specified in 18 USC.

Confused yet? Here is a link for more info. http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/601.htm#1064962

Sorry for the long post but I wouldn't want my friend to have to change residences due to an unauthorized package