The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

It's morning and my Crustom Cruiser isn't leaking anything...knock on wood.
SBC engines started to leak fluids when the cars were rolling off the assembly line.

You sure do have a lot of computer devices Sandy??
For what one of those things cost you could of bought rock and gravel to do a driveway to your barn.
I wonder if the boneyard has Wi-Fi?
My wife likes car stuff but she told me next time I can go to the junkyard myself if I want to check every car out for hidden treasures like I did this last time we went.
I did find a really sweet Bullwinkle the Moose finger puppet in the back of a Buhog.
The BOP show is at Solon Commons this year Sandy.
Tree lined parking lot, nicely landscaped grounds, decent food, and real inside facilities to industrial park movie theater and urban party center parking lot and porta-potties.
The local Poncho club is running it this year, it figures. Redgoat was in that chapter before they excommunicated him for complaining about every club function being either a wine and cheese tasting tour or a trip to a factory outlet mall.
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

It's another beautimus day here with temps in the 70's for now but supposed to climb into the 80's this eve.

Jamesbo you should try and make it at least one of the days, but if you can't I understand. I'm having a time trying to get those days off, but they can only allow 2 clerks off at a time and those days are filled. Welp I recon I'll have to play hooky It's a shame because I've always been prompt and haven't missed a day yet. Anywho I'm definitely going no matter what.

Sandy I hope everything goes okay with Lins surgery.

Well I better get some stuff done around here before I have seven pages of honey do's instead of six

Yall have a wondermous day, hear?

Scot
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:04 AM

Hi all...

Me and my feet survived the Techno-Classica...
It was a fantastic car show as every year..
Not so many US-Cars as the last time, and only
two Oldsmobiles..
One of the two shows the
pic...

Nice Day all

Udo

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM

Do you have a pic of the '58 from the placard?
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM

Oh...sorry. here it is...

Udo

Last edited by Olds65; March 26th, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM

That's pretty nice looking, sure has some "pop" to it.
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Well the surgery went well. Lin is home resting and Nicole is with her. I made it in to work at 1:20.

Sun is out now, but it's a chilly day. It was 37 early this morning. Was up to 40 when I came in. I covered my hydrangea last night with burlap, so it shouldn't freeze tonight. It's gonna be in the 20's......

Blue..... I don't like all these friggin electronics. Larry got me the Kindle Fire for Christmas, then I had to get a mifi wireless thing so it would work!!! $50 a month for that thing......

Clay is off this week so it's busier in here. I think these guys had a busy morning! I'm just thankful Steve doesn't have his heater running full blast. It's on intermittent, lol.

Gas is up to $3.99 all around here now. It was still $3.69 in Macedonia yesterday. No reason for it.....

Have a great day all and thanks for the good wishes for my sis!
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter beautiful day in de neighborhood.

De roof waiteth fer me.
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold here this morning! It was 27 when I came in to work. Sun is out bright though. We didn't have hardly any frost, thank God. Just a little here and there. The tulips that are open were hanging down, but I think they'll spring back up later. We have rain coming in tonight and tomorrow. We need it.............

Lin is doing ok. Sore today.

It's sooooo quiet with Clay off. I hate it when he's not here. These other guys are no fun. Clay is always talking, lol.

Good luck with the roof, Jamesbo. You be careful up there!!

Have a great day all!
Old March 27th, 2012, 07:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Warm today with a lite breeze.

Glad to hear Lin is ok Sandy. Hopefully the spring like weather will be back soon for you and Teepo.

Jamesbo how do you werk on da roof in khakis? I'm sure L.L. Bean wouldn't approve

If any one plans to come to Perry for the swap meet and autofest, here is a coupon for 1/2 off admission for four tickets. A $10.00 value so two people can get in for $2.50 ea. for two days or four people can get in for $2.50 ea. for one day.
http://www.dealchicken.com/macon-ga/

Anywho yall have a great day, ya hear?

Scot

Last edited by GAOldsman; March 27th, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, Oldsmopeeps

I should come by more oftener, as the grammarians would say.... I tried to catch up reading at least the last few pages to sees what's goin' on w/ the gang..

C.Gal, sorry to hear of all the medical procedures and appointments with you and the family.... you even had to get the cat into the act! I know the vets don't give a way their services; we have three of the varmints, and the vet smells us coming (hopefully just figuratively ). Seriously, hope everything comes out OK for everybody.

I've hardly had any time w/ my baby (the Olds, of course ) lately... too much work (and commuting) and not enough play have been making Johnny quite a dull boy.... I did get some of those "hen's teeth" clips for the trunk cardboards and cleaned them up nicely; but I havn't actually installed them yet.

I installed my new Foo-zick hood insulation and inner fender/upper control arm covers, which augment the underhood appearance very nicely, thank you.

I also plopped down for a nice Quincy air compressor for the garage last month, which is now standing on a pallet just waiting for me for installation (just like everything else). That's kind of a biggie, since I need to do the air piping as well. It's easier to order the stuff than it is to install it!

Jamesbo, we're gonna' be up in God's country around Easter.... I'll at least give you a holler and see what's goin' on.... We're hopin' to be back up around Memorial Day, but no firm plans yet. I know the grass must be growing like grass by now, if Ponchatoula is any indicator... b/w the rain and the temperature, I've mowed twice down here already, and we just hit spring.... it's gonna' be a long summer!

But at least it's still nice & cool in the a.m.; was 49 yesterday and 55 this morning at Ponchatoula Plantation; but the Camry thermometer said 91 on I-10 on our way home yesterday through Metairie, which is a real hot spot, plus the heat of the interstate concrete clicking the mercury up even higher. I think the official high at the airport yesterday was 85; but the Camry thermometer don't lie.....

See yous guys again soon!
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:43 AM

HI guys, My Hydrangea started budding too Cutlassgal. It was in the 80s here last week. I thought this cold stuff was gone.

I'm a southern boy stuck in the north...lol
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by 1ATony
. I'm a southern boy stuck in the north...lol

Dat's Ok, I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Tony! I feel your pain, lol! I hate the cold....

Nice to hear from you, John!

Well I ordered the power steering hoses from Inline tube at lunchtime. I forgot to ask if they have the "correct" stripes. They were $65, not $55 like the website shows. Must be old prices on line.

Then I had to call United Healthcare about the claim for that oral surgeon I saw. They have it billed as the doctor NOT being in network!!!! I told him that THEY were the ones who gave me the doctors name as being IN network when I called them on March 9th!!!! So the guy was really nice that I was talking to. He said the doctors office billed it under the other doctor's name - there are 2 oral surgeons in the building; I don't know if they are partners or what - but one of them is IN network, and one of them is NOT in network. I said I did not see the one who's name was on the claim submitted to them, I saw the other one. The IN network one. So he put me on hold and called the doctors office but got an answering machine, so he said he will keep trying to call them and see if they will re-submit the bill under the correct doctor's name. He will let me know within the next couple days. I sure hope they re-submit it, cause I am not paying the $367 they say I owe because I did not go to an in network provider!!! God, can't anything ever be easy???

So I only got about a 10 minute walk in today. That air is cold out there, but the sun is nice. I had to check Tincanio's tires too, cause that stupid friggin low tire pressure sensor light was on AGAIN this morning!!!!! It's the front tire - only has 29 lbs in it. The other tires all have 32. So I guess I'll stop at the station on the way home and put air in. Never had so much trouble with tires and tire pressure in my life, lol.

Might take Teepo out for a jaunt tonight after I work out. I think she'd like it! I know I would. I need to de-stress..........
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy guys and dolls!

Most excellent day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. I finished my mowing, that only took four days. I'll start again in another 4 days.

John I hear you about the vet. I'm pretty sure my vet has two price schedules. One for people who view pets as pets, and one for people who actually care about them.

Tony I'm the opposite. I'm a northerner stuck in the south. However I don't mind the lack of snow we have here. And I love Awful house.

I checked on the Rolls yesterday. They have moved it to the back and aren't doing anything else to it. They said they need parts but don't know where to look. I think that means they've given up on it. I'm going to go get it and bring it home. Now a Rolls doesn't have wings but as long as it's within arm's reach I can at least tinker on it.

Sandy I'm glad your sis is resting well. Hope Nicole does well with her latest job prospect. Get some cruising in between rain storms.

Don't know what I'll do the rest of the day. Who cares, it's nice out. Maybe the dogs and I will just play around.

Everyone have a great day.

Mike
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:38 AM

Hope you feel better. I hate going to the dentist, it's like that Bill Cosby act....first they scrape your teeth with a metal hook, and tell yah to sit still...lol
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM

Dat's Ok, I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Jamesbo, I worried about you! But that's funny!
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter beautimus day in Dixie

Mike, Give me a shout or P.M. me wit y'all plans. We should be thar I'd love to have y'all over fer dinner.

Scot, I's easy Ya takes de ole Kakai's wit de holes in dem, slide one foot in one leg, de utter foot in de utter leg. pull dem up, zip dem up and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go.

Sandy, Glad Lin is do'in better.

Tony, De dentist is like a piece of cake. Try Peridontal surgery if ya really wanta have fun.

Whar de heck is Pat? Wonder if he finished his ark?

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:11 AM

I love this place....lol Grabbin som D&D soon
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's partly sunny this morning - more clouds than sun right now. They're calling for some possible rain this morning, but so far so good. It's around 60 right now, supposed to get close to 70. Steve's heater is on.... my fan is on! 78 in here. I've been sitting out at Clay's table as often as I can since it's about 5 degrees cooler out there.

Got a call from Akron General this morning to pre register for the MRI next week. Again... I was given a whole nother price on this thing, that my insurance will pay. I'm gonna call United Healthcare at noon and see what they say about this. I'm about tired of stressin about these friggin bills already, lol! I'm just a poor working schmuck who pays out the a$$ for health insurance that doesn't seem to cover much. What a mess the system is in........

Well on a brighter note, Teepo and I went for a nice long cruise last night! Hard to take her places with these friggin roads being as bumpy as they are. I did not take her very far down 91 where all the pot holes are and bumpy patches. She's runnin good. Heater was putting out nicely, lol. One day I'm gonna have to have her rear seal replaced, she drips oil. Doesn't use any though. Probably some other things leaking under there too. I did add some tranny fluid when we got back and she was sittin there idling. Man that crap gets hot in back of the engine, lol.

She'll turn 40 the 3rd week of May this year! Sounds like a party to me, lol!!

I'm looking forward to having Good Friday off next week. Of course Lin has a doctor's appt. that day, so I'll have to run up there and take her. I hope we have decent weather.

I don't know where Citcapp went?? How's the roof coming along, Jamesbo?

Well you all have a great day!
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Morning All!

It's partly sunny this morning - more clouds than sun right now. They're calling for some possible rain this morning, but so far so good. It's around 60 right now, supposed to get close to 70. Steve's heater is on.... my fan is on! 78 in here. I've been sitting out at Clay's table as often as I can since it's about 5 degrees cooler out there.

Got a call from Akron General this morning to pre register for the MRI next week. Again... I was given a whole nother price on this thing, that my insurance will pay. I'm gonna call United Healthcare at noon and see what they say about this. I'm about tired of stressin about these friggin bills already, lol! I'm just a poor working schmuck who pays out the a$$ for health insurance that doesn't seem to cover much. What a mess the system is in........

Well on a brighter note, Teepo and I went for a nice long cruise last night! Hard to take her places with these friggin roads being as bumpy as they are. I did not take her very far down 91 where all the pot holes are and bumpy patches. She's runnin good. Heater was putting out nicely, lol. One day I'm gonna have to have her rear seal replaced, she drips oil. Doesn't use any though. Probably some other things leaking under there too. I did add some tranny fluid when we got back and she was sittin there idling. Man that crap gets hot in back of the engine, lol.

She'll turn 40 the 3rd week of May this year! Sounds like a party to me, lol!!

I'm looking forward to having Good Friday off next week. Of course Lin has a doctor's appt. that day, so I'll have to run up there and take her. I hope we have decent weather.

I don't know where Citcapp went?? How's the roof coming along, Jamesbo?

Well you all have a great day!
I was in Akron last summer at the Summit Motorsports park with my boss. He was drag racing his 66 GTO. I have a video of it if you guys want to check it out. it's a 10 second car.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin, Mawnin Peeps

Beautiful day here in the heartland! Absoltively posolutly beautimus! I'm off tomorrow, so I'll venture down to the shop and put some things together for the swap meet. Plus I've got a Buick intake sold that I need to ship out Friday.

Jamesbo that must be some roof your dealin wit I tink ole Donal Trumph's roof didn't took dat long to do Anywho I think you meant to say John (BOP)

Sandy I'm glad to hear Teepo is running well. Can't wait to see the spoils of your car show prowess

Tony I'd love to see the vids of that 10 sec Goat I love nostalgic drag racing, it's in my blood.

Yall have a great day

Scot
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well Tony..... you should have told us that you were coming this way! We could have met up somewhere. I would have even drug Blue out, lol! If you get this way again, let me know.
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Captain Starfire

who, me?

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Good Mawnin, Mawnin Peeps

Anywho I think you meant to say John (BOP)
Scot
Yeah, Jim... .who you mean? Weren't sure if you were talking to me or Slantflat, but since I'm the only one who talked about giving you a holler....
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM

Quess I need a program to keep up wit who's who?
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:29 AM

That dragstrip in Akron is awesome.very clean facility.
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Always room for one more

Afternoon everybody!

Beautiful day here, too bad I have to cut things short and go to work. Hm, seems like I was just there.

Well, the Rolls is home. No, it still doesn't run, but I was tired of the place having it and not doing anything with it. So now I can do a little research and maybe figure it out myself. Try looking up parts when it asks for a specific chassis number and you don't have it.

We haven't heard from Bulldog in awhile. I hope he hasn't gotten ill again. Didn't Pat say he was going on vacation?

I just got word that a car I've been lusting after for years is finally available to me. It's a late model Corvair with a mid engine V8. A guy I know built it years ago and never finished it. This isn't the best time to get yet another car, but I've been waiting for so long, and the guy has to get rid of it, I'm not passing it up. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. It will probably be a couple weeks before I can go get it; it's in Alabama. I'm pretty excited about it.

I didn't have to mow today. I will start again on Saturday. And I'll do a little more trimming. The yards will look pretty nice by the time it's winter again.

Everyone enjoy this great day. Heck, if you're on the green side it's a great day.

Mike
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Winter has returned for a brief visit. The last couple of days have been cold, and over night we had freezing rain and I heard from some people even some snow. Unfortunately, that means that the salt truck have been released again So I guess the Delta will be staying in storage a little longer.

Work is going well, except for my computer doing some really weird things this afternoon.

Everytime I try to do some work on the Cutlass either the part doesn't fit or I am missing fasteners (some of the old parts I took off were broken so they didn't have them all). But I will keep at it.

Sandy, will you be having a big party to celebrate Teepo's birthday?

Mike, good luck with the Rolls and the Corvair.

Hope you sell a lot of stuff at the swap meet, Scot. Just make sure you don't buy more than you sell.
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter beautiful day down ere

John, Yeah p.m. me 'bout Easter

Mike, How 'bout a pic of Nader's mid engine car.

Scot, I'll let cha know 'bout de swap meet. Things are crazy round ere dis week. I jes don't know yet.

Blue, Dang your hide. I spit coffee all over my key board when you wrote, "Sandy you got hosed."

Crazy,crazy

http://roswell.patch.com/articles/ch...morial-service
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A cold dark cloudy morning here. Temps in the low 40's, and not gonna move much. 30's tonight and frost again. It was 73 yesterday afternoon!!

It's quiet in here - not much going on. I'll be glad when Clay is back next week.

That was nice of you to donate a plot for that man, Jamesbo! Blue is gonna get hosed if he keeps it up, lol!

Linda is still feeling good. No problems that she's aware of. She has to go back next Monday and have the bandage taken off and such. I already told her kids that one of them has to take her.

Her heart doctor told me on Tuesday that she has been having a lot of episodes of A-fib, like I have, and she will probably end up being on Coumadin (blood thinner). That's some nasty stuff. Mom was on it. Her arms always looked bruised. The risk of stroke is great with A-fib, and she already takes an aspirin, but I guess he thinks it's not good enough and she needs an actual blood thinner. The body is such an amazing thing....

Well you all have a nice day!
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Your right Paul, but it sure is tempting when all the good stuff is just laying around for sale

Jamesbo that was pretty cool of you to donate the plot for that poor feller. I've been keeping up w/ the story, such a shame the city is so $$ hungry to drive someone into this. Dat's why I am away from the city but not quite fer enough yet. We hope to move out closer to my Dad's old place out in Hooterville Ya know, I could see my Dad doing exactly the same thing as Mr. Wordes if push came to shove Sad so sad

Well my only off day, so I'd better get to werk Round da house dat is

Scot
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Hooterville??????????????

Hey, Dat's whar I wanta move to
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

LOL...ok Jethro....lol...Morning guys. Bought 5 quick picks this morning for that 500 million dollar jackpot. If I win I'm buying an island
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Sure come on down Most call it Hooterville or Hayneville (Hay-Knee-Ville) but it's actually Haynesville.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'm also supporting the Mega Millions, lol! Bought a ton of tickets for the last drawing, but only had a couple numbers. Will be getting more tickets tomorrow!!! If I win, not only am I moving to Arizona, but I will have a fleet of 72 Cutli..... One for everyday of the week, and 2 for Sunday, lol! Teepo will get a complete frame off done...... Oh the dreams!

Speaking of Teepo (of course, lol) I was cleaning out the desk the other night, and I came across the folder that has the papers in it from the E-bay ad Larry bought her from. So in reading them - I haven't seen them since 2006, lol, it says she had "one re-paint of "Original Color -Mint Green Metallic!!!!"

Now.... Evidently the fellow I got her from was not into Oldsmobiles like I am, or he would have known that was not her original color!! When I talked to him a couple years ago, he said he didn't re-paint her, so it must have been done by whoever owned her before he got her. No wonder they can't match the paint!

So for all of you guru's who are smart about this stuff, Is "Mint Green Metallic" a real color that has like a # or something that can be looked up? Or could that just have been a name someone made up?
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy according to your cowl tag it's Pinehurst Green Poly.
Go here http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...obile-pg01.jpg
And where it says "Paint Information" at the top of the page enter this in the 1st box labeled "Exact Color Name" which would be Pinehurst Green Poly. Enter 2435 in the 2nd box labeled "Color Chip Formula #" Enter 43 in the 3rd box labeled "Auto Mfg Paint Code" then click which type of paint you want to the left of those boxes and finally click "Update Paint Pricing" Scroll down to see various sizes to buy and prices.

This would be the original color. However if your car was painted a different color by a shop that "custom" blended the color it is now, there will be no way to match it correctly without their formula they used specifically.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I'm also supporting the Mega Millions, lol! Bought a ton of tickets for the last drawing, but only had a couple numbers. Will be getting more tickets tomorrow!!! If I win, not only am I moving to Arizona, but I will have a fleet of 72 Cutli..... One for everyday of the week, and 2 for Sunday, lol! Teepo will get a complete frame off done...... Oh the dreams!

Speaking of Teepo (of course, lol) I was cleaning out the desk the other night, and I came across the folder that has the papers in it from the E-bay ad Larry bought her from. So in reading them - I haven't seen them since 2006, lol, it says she had "one re-paint of "Original Color -Mint Green Metallic!!!!"

Now.... Evidently the fellow I got her from was not into Oldsmobiles like I am, or he would have known that was not her original color!! When I talked to him a couple years ago, he said he didn't re-paint her, so it must have been done by whoever owned her before he got her. No wonder they can't match the paint!

So for all of you guru's who are smart about this stuff, Is "Mint Green Metallic" a real color that has like a # or something that can be looked up? Or could that just have been a name someone made up?
That's an insane amount of money. I'd start my own NASCAR team and enter next weeks race
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....This would be the original color. However if your car was painted a different color by a shop that "custom" blended the color it is now, there will be no way to match it correctly without their formula they used specifically.

Thanks Scot. That's what I wanted to know. I know she's Pinehurst Green, or supposed to be anyhow, lol. I was wondering about that Mint green metallic. Must have been a custom paint job. It's pretty anyhow, whatever it is, lol!
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Looks like GM did have a "Mint Green Metallic" Color code: GM-2WU/WA158L here is a link where you can get a touch up pen for $15 plus the ride to see if in fact this is what you have
http://www.expresspaint.com/automoti...idproduct=6630