The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Well Jamesbo I get to come up yonder to da big Hotlanta in da mawnin. My youngest daughter won a contest for Fernbank Museum tix, their IMAX theater tix and a prize pkg from AJC and accessatlanta.com. How cool is that? She is one out of two winners total. I saw the contest online and had to print off three coloring pages for her to color and all I did was scan them and sent them via email attachment. She colored them on our way to Statesboro the other week when we went to see the oldest. Needless to say she is pretty excited and I am so very proud. Smilin like a mule eatin briars.
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
CQR

I don't know how all you mid-easterners do it. All this rain makes it hard to pick poo. The critters are gonna need the water wings here soon.

Congrats to the fruit of your loins Scot! Hope her daddy buys her an Ice cream cone or something.
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Clint and yes I plan on treating her to a great day in the big city, we are just claiming her prizes. And we have to come back when the better half can be present to enjoy the museum and the IMAX theater. Well actually it's a little above Atlanta in Dunwoody where I have to go claim the prizes, so I may take her to Dave & Buster's for a little while.
Old July 14th, 2011, 04:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one.

Scot, You're com'in up to Dumpwoody today? I'll PM you my cell. What time? Does Dave and Buster sell hard liquor? I could meet cha maybe shake your hand and we could break bread. I gots a meet'in dis mawn'in but we'll see if it werks out.

Since you're leav'in town, I'll bet cha a dime to a dounut TODAY the P.O. will call, Dat's how it werks fer me anywho.

Sandy, Red is 'bout 1 1/2 I think. He's de biggest Mama's boy I ever saw.
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Beautiful morning here. A cool 63 degrees and no humidity! I love it!! Leavin here at noon today - can't wait. Hope the news is still supposed to be at Stow tonight.

Cruise in was nice last night over at Chic-fil-a. Only the second week, so there weren't many cars there. Only 28. Don Sitts came by in one of his old chebbies. There were a couple hearses there that were pretty cool. Guess there was some kind of a hearse/ambulance show goin on over in Boston Heights. One was from Canada. Have to get my pics downloaded sometime.

Scot.... that's a wonderful thing for your daughter! I hope you all have a wonderful time! I bet she is excited, lol.

CLint.... great picture of the "stump licker", lol! I had to laugh!!

Well you all have a great day!
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:46 AM
CQR

More rain today. had hail last night. The Turkeys survived it again. The mules are not real pleasant right now. It'd be nice to dry out a little for a day or 2 at least. Denver avg. precip is 15" annual. As of this week we are at 13" YTD.

The weekend is near.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old July 14th, 2011, 01:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, You're com'in up to Dumpwoody today? I'll PM you my cell. What time? Does Dave and Buster sell hard liquor? I could meet cha maybe shake your hand and we could break bread. I gots a meet'in dis mawn'in but we'll see if it werks out.

Since you're leav'in town, I'll bet cha a dime to a dounut TODAY the P.O. will call, Dat's how it werks fer me anywho.
Sorry Jamesbo I didn't even log in this morning and missed your post and PM, you know how it must be like trying to get three women ready to beat rush hour traffic. And yes, I owe you a baker's dozen of Wilson's Famous Doughnuts out of Wonderful Robins, GA. They (USPS) sent an email setting up an interview for next week! Alright, that is half the battle, now to get my game face on and win the job.

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Scot.... that's a wonderful thing for your daughter! I hope you all have a wonderful time! I bet she is excited, lol.
Yes, I am so proud of her and she was sooooo excited. Now I just have to find a day to take them back to Hotlanta to see the museum.

Clint, sounds like your gonna have to invest in a dock or something. Just send all the rain you want this way, my mater's can use it.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday evening!

Scot
Old July 15th, 2011, 04:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one dis mawn'in.

Scot,

Not a problem, we'll do it anutter time. "Getting 3 woman ready?" Thats sounds like being a one arm paper hanger.

Isn't it odd how ya sit 'round fer days and nutt'in happens and ya start to do sum'in and then the dinner bell rings. It happens to me EVERY Monday. As soon as I get ready to hit my drive on the first tee de phone rings and sumone wants to buy a cemetery lot.

Yesterday was slow then about 3:00 here comes a call and they HAVE to meet me in 30 min. to buy a lot. Go figger.

[Anyone noticed dat the little smiley faces have changed positions /order on CO]

Jes count your bless'ins, Ya didn't have to take 3 ladies to Phipp's Plaza and burn all de numbers off you Amex card.

TGIF Olds friends
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy this morning - heading to the 80's. According to the 8 day forecast, looks like nextg week is gonna be humid and in the 90's here all week!!! I'll have to turn the AC back on in the house. Been nice to have it off the last couple days and the windows open.

Scott! Happy to hear they called you for an interview!!! That's great! I think you'll do well. I picked 4 little ripe cherry maters off my plants this morning! They are good!! I'm getting little green beans too! I'm excited. Somehow I don't think my bean plants are gonna get big and bushy and loaded with enough beans I can freeze them, though. That was my goal. I wanted to freeze beans. Oh well.

I had a nice lunch with Nicole yesterday when I left work, and then went to her and Dave's apartment. Visited with my grand dog, lol! They have a nice little place. Not much room.

Well the Stow cruise in was very nice last night. We had cars there that had never been there before. Over 200 cars! Turns out that Fox 8 news was not there - it was some guy that works for the Fox station that has a show called Cruisin Ohio, and he picks old cars that have been restored or whatever, and interviews the owners and such. A lot of us thought they were going to come and do like a nice documentary on cruise in's or something.

The beautiful 63 Olds Starfire parked right beside me got the main interview! It's a gorgeous car. He was beside me at the Streetsboro show last year. He bought the car new and has done a frame off and pretty much rebuilt the whole thing. He has a picture album of it. She is a beauty and worthy of her 15 minutes of fame, lol! There was a gorgeous fuel injected Mercury there that I understand is kind of a rare car.

There might be a shot of my fender or something in the filming, lol!! I did not like having all that equipment and people by my car!!!! The guys were pretty upset that people who had never been there were getting the interviews. They thought the tv guy should have talked to Brad, the owner, and found out who the regulars were that's been supporting the cruise all these years, and interviewed one of them. I dunno. I just enjoyed the cruise myself, lol! It was nice to see new cars around and it was a beautiful night.

The show is going to air on the Fox Sports Station on Aug. 22nd. I don't know if that staion is local or if maybe you all could watch it?

I will get my pics on soon as I can. I've got a sore throat and plugged head today. I don't like it! Glad it's Friday!!!!

Have a great day all!
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Morning All!

It is storming pretty good here. I hope it lasts for a while. My lawn is like walking on dry cereal.

Jamesbo I don't know about burning the #'s off my Amex Card at Phipp's plaza, but they (the girls) sure wanted to at Perimeter Mall

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a safe weekend.

Scot
Old July 15th, 2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
amesbo I don't know about burning the #'s off my Amex Card at Phipp's plaza, but they (the girls) sure wanted to at Perimeter Mall
Phipps/Lennox/ Peremeter whatever a malls a mall. I hate them.

My ex wife's motto was " If the shoe fits, buy it. "

Scot your a smart guy, How come they call I-285 "The Peremeter hwy?" it's really the Circumfrance Hwy. Isn' it.

Now, I'm try'in to bermember the baseball player who got on it and went round and round.
Old July 15th, 2011, 06:28 AM
CQR

Good luck on the interview Scot!

Happy whitey whacking Jamesbo!

Hope your throat feels better Sandy!

Happy Friday All!
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Scot your a smart guy, How come they call I-285 "The Peremeter hwy?" it's really the Circumfrance Hwy. Isn' it.
Perimeter is the measurement of something not round, and circumference is the measure of a circle, so IMO the 285 is pretty much round Hotlanta
Now, I'm try'in to bermember the baseball player who got on it and went round and round.
Seems like it was Pascal Perez, cause he rode around it for 5 hours looking for the stadium and couldn't exit. That crack cocaine is an epidemic.

Thanks Clint and Sandy for the kind words.

Sandy I hope you get to feeling better.
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Yeah, Dat's it Pascal Perez. Rode round it fer hours. Wonder why nobody told him de stadium ain't on I-285.

Now, If I could jes figger out why Hawaii has Interstate Hwys, my day would be complete.
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
CQR

Same reason we drive on a parkway.
Old July 15th, 2011, 08:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by CQR
Same reason we drive on a parkway.
And park on the driveway

Yep same fate for Dwight Gooden, Daryl Strawberry, Otis Nixon and many more. If Pascal would've just hit I-20, he might have found it or wound up in Augusta or Birmingham, AL
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
And park on the driveway
..or get on a plane...
Old July 15th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Just got back from taking a whole month of trash and garbage to the Greenville County Compactor. I never saw so many pickups in one place. Made the Dodge Caravan SXT look unique!

(Ya'll know how to catch a unique rabbit? Unique up on it!)

Jamesbo, ya'll been watching the Open? I've been getting up at 6:00 just to see some really great ball strikers.

Sandy, Teepo always look "best in show" even if sometimes the stupid judges don't see it that way!

Everyone have a great weekend!

--Don
Old July 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM

Hi
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Good Sunday Morning!

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

--Don
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Back at cha Don, WTH is everybody?
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
CQR

Morning Don, and everyone. Gonna try to get some dash work done on the CS today. have a fabulous Sunday!
Old July 17th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Back at cha Don, WTH is everybody?
Maybe gone to the car shows with Cha-Cha!

'Mornin' CQR...

--Don
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Good morning all,

No car work or car shows for me this weekend. I'm taking a summer course and the exam is this week, so need to study.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Hello All and Good Sunday Afternoon!

I've been catching up on all my honey do's and working in the yard after raining all day Friday and a few hours yesterday. Temps are milder in the upper 80's - low 90's.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday afternoon!

Scot
Old July 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM

OK. Got back from our car show in the town of Olds yesterday. There were lots of cars that I've never seen before. As usual it rained all week here but on the day of our show it was hot (for us - 80F), dry and not a cloud in the sky. That's the story for our show for the last 18 years.

We had 72 that paid to come to the show, and five, for some reason, didn't make it. So the story on our Rocket Round Up was 72 paid up, 67 showed up. Some participants were dressed up in western gear as the Calgary Stampede is on.

Our club photographer took pictures of all the car and I will post them when he sends them to me.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, It's Monday so guess what I'm a gonna do.

Ya'll have a great day.
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Morning All!

Jamesbo like you said, you are a creature of habit.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:01 AM
CQR

Good Morning all. gonna hit triple digits today (like yesterday) Hope everyone stays cool and hydrated.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:34 AM

Dang, muggy as heck, looks like it'll be that way for a week or so. Have a good day all.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by CQR
Good Morning all. gonna hit triple digits today (like yesterday) Hope everyone stays cool and hydrated.
Gonna be 85-88 'round here in the Thermal Belt today! We get the 100's next week!

Well, It's Monday so guess what I'm a gonna do.
Ya'll better keep it on the fairways 'cause there's chiggers in the woods!

--Don
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!!

Hot and muggy here too - all week it's gonna be like this, but this is the weather we should be having right now! I ain't complaining!!!

I'm posting pics on new threads, so check them out!!

Not much going on in here today. Phone hasn't rang once yet this morning. I thought about calling off, but felt guilty..... hate it when that happens, lol!

Well you all stay cool and have a good Monday!!
Old July 18th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Captain of my ship

Mornin....have not been myself lately but still trying to get outdoors to do a little work. The Olds seems to have a transmission problem and so I put it away for the winter. Thunderstorms here last nite and today so not much to do today.
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wolfie!!!!! You're still alive! Nice to hear from you! Sorry you're having more problems with the car. That sucks. I swear it's always something.
Old July 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM

Good morning,

I guess we are getting the same weather as everyone else. It is hot and humid and only going to get hotter. They are predicting it will hit 90 degrees later in the week and it will feel like 100. What happened to the great white north?

We had some bad thunderstorms last night with winds of 75mph. It knocked down a stage at a music festival.

Have a good day everyone, and stay cool.
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Cutlass Lover

Boy we have one helluva storm going on right now!!!!!
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Captain of my ship

Oh I won't be having any more problems with it........a big weinie roast maybe.
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Hi all

Been cool and raining here went from 100 degrees in Memphis to 61 degrees back home. Should be able to split the difference with some of you who are cooking in your own juices out there.

Man and I getting tired of this traveling show. This will go on until at least the end of the year the client tells me. Ain't this fun. I am missing out on all of the cruising and can't find the time to work on the 48

Ok I'll stop complaining for a while. I sound like Sandy and the weather
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Morning All!

Well it's was great while it lasted, the cooler temps we have been having since Friday. But it is back to the mid to upper 90's and creeping back into the triple digits by Friday.

Pat I know you must be getting tired of all that commuting. That kind of traveling does take it's toll on ones body.

Jamesbo how did you do yesterday? Did you pull one over on ole whitey or did he pull one over on you?

Well anyhoo I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Scot
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:50 AM
CQR

Morning all. been a snakey year. Heard a nasty ruckus on the oak tree next to the shop last light. Birds were making a terrible fuss. I went over and found a good size bull havin an omelet.
Attachment 181379

Hadn't seen a bull snake in a tree before. Last time someone saw a snake there was 2 years ago when someone got bit by a baby buzzworm.

Should only be low 90's today. That'll be nice. Hope everyone has a better day than the robins did yesterday.