The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

I took the kids to the park this morning before it got too hot. They had a blast.

Sandy, I'd be more than happy to send you some peaches. Those for mail order are TOOO expensive for sure. Just let me know. The best ones are ready around the end of July maybe sooner.

Jamesbo that is definitely a one of a kind. The guy that made it owned a gun store in Warner Robins named "Ye Olde Gunshoppe" and was accidentally dispatched by one of his "friends" at the shop whilst looking at a handgun that "wasn't supposed to be loaded" back in the early 80's. But he did inscribe the gun on the bottom stating who made it and who he made it for, my Dad.

Seems a little cooler this morning but all the rain either went above me or below me so back to watering the garden. Maybe we wil get some of that wet stuff they call rain this evening.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Moses is just waiting and building the ark just up the street
Pat,

Old buddy ole pal, Ya spent too much time stud'in lectrical wir'in and Oldsmobiles and not enough time read'in de good book.

Noah built the arc not Moses. And when the flood was finished he planted a vinard and got stinking drunk.

Moses went up de mountain, saw a burn'in bush, brought the plague on de Egyptians freed de Isralites from Egypt and parted the Red Sea.Den wandered around in de wilderness.

Opps slipped off into religion. Shame on me.

Scot,

Dat's a cry'in shame. More people get shot wit unloaded guns? Dat's why I keep all mine loaded 24/7 [I ain't got any kids around though.]
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot.... any time you want to send me some peaches, I'm ready, lol! I will exchange addresses with you over a pm - let me know. I expect to pay for them though!!! I just can't see paying $46 for 13 peaches, and if they don't get eaten right away and go bad, I would cry, lol! 6 or 8 would be good enough for me. I love fresh summer time fruit. It's soooo expensive though.

As Lynyrd Skynyrd would say.... "I dig you Georgia peaches, makes me feel right at home".....

Citcapp..... even I knew that Noah built the ark, lol! Jamesbo.... you'd make a good southern bible thumper!

We had a heck of a down pour at lunch time. I couldn't go out and walk, so I worked out in here with some Gilad videos on you-tube while the guys were out at lunch. I love Gilad! I have 200 and some of his shows recorded at home. I work out with them every night when I get home from work. Well, not so much during car season cause I don't have time when I get home if I'm going to a cruise in. They work, I'll tell ya!

Hey...... Where is Ken????? Haven't heard from him.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
lol! Jamesbo.... you'd make a good southern bible thumper! .
Not really, I'm a "recovering Presbyterian " .........When sum ones says, " We have this wonderful opportunity to serve. " I run fer de hills.

Bye de bye, I as you may recall. My Nikon digetal camera was in my H/O when it got toasted.

Anyone wanta make a reccomendation? I've been using the Super models but I need a new INEXPENSIVE camera to take mo pics to share.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sure Sandy anytime you want some good ole Gawga peaches let me know. I'm not sure what the best way would be to send them though I guess overnight package would be best.

Jamesbo I've found the Sony digicam to be a decent inexpensive one and it stores the pics and vids on memory card instead of a hard drive. That way it lasts longer and holds more data depending on memory card size. BestBuy is where I got mine.

Scot
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by archeryshooter
6 AM where?
How about Hawaii.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Don lets post 10 times a day and maybe we'll catch up
How about you do 5 and I'll do 5?

--Don
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Peaches...
Sandy, here is a link to all the juicy varieties of our South Carolina Peaches some of which are grown near our compound!

http://www.scpeach.com/varieties.htm

"South Carolina peaches are the tastier peach because Mother Nature works hand-in-hand with the South Carolina farmer. Under careful observation, SC farmers let their peaches ripen naturally on the tree under the summer sky. Combined with the Palmetto State’s hot days, humid nights, and slightly acidic soils, these farmers are able to produce the sweetest, juiciest, and best-tasting peaches on the market."

I didn't write the above!

--Don
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well Don, you'll have to send me some peaches too, and I'll do a taste test to see who's is best, lol! That's alot of different peaches! I like them sweet, soft and juicy!!!!

Jamesbo.... my newest camera is a Nikon Cool pix or something like that. According to Larry it was over $400, so that ain't a cheap one, lol. I still like my little Sony.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:01 PM

Morning all, been a few days since I was here. Been busy making that cubby for Minette. Just needs a bit more sanding and a coat of paint and it is all done.

I took the heads in to the machinist the other day so they should be done any day now and the pistons turned up so I can get the block finished as well

It is going the other way in temps down here. This morning riding home it was 35 degrees, just a little brisk Be grateful you are only around 65% humidity at the moment, when it is summer here our humidity is 95 Plus everyday pretty much, very uncomfortable

Welcome to the thread archeryshooter.

Good to hear you had a nice safe trip, even if it was a bit long Don

If that tooth keeps a givin ya grief just have it pulled then all you woes will be gone Jamesbo

Well time for me to go to bed, have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:24 AM
CQR

Good Morning fellow car nuts. Sundays race looks like 95F or better with wind. Hopefully the wind will keep the dust from hampering visibility.

I sure was hoping to come on here and see what Jamesbo made for breakfast.

Looks like a bad year so far for produce. Noting in costco looks very appetizing. Hope you get your peaches and they are yummy Sandy.

Adrian, I've been chatting with a young lady from Perth, and she says there's a name used for tourists, but she wont tell me what it is? Do you have any idea what she is referring to?

I'm not gonna be able to make a run for the attendace award, I never was real good at cutting and pasting until computers came along. I kept letting the paste dry up on my fingers and peeled it off to see the print transfer.

Well, I have a motorhome in the parking lot waiting for my undivided attention.

Cheers and enjoy your Friday!
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna be a nice one today. A little cooler dan las week.

Adrian, What a cool little house. Can I move in?

Gang, I hate to tell ya what I paid for my first Nikon digital camera. But since it's toasted, I think I'll look into the Sonys

Don, Pat Because of your noble efforts and concerns about perfect attendance, I think we can give you a pass and automatically reinstate you to your proper position atop the "New" Good Mornng Thread.

Anyone ever made Peach Ice cream wit cream soda. I used to have de recipe but it went with an Ex. [Don't bermember which one]

Scot, I been a think'in bout your double rifle. How can a gun dat heavy kick so bad? Since you've eliminated all the pachyderms in south Gawga, Maybe you need to use a light load.

Patience Clint, Dis ain't de Awful Waffle House. Hey dats and Id.

How 'bout sum Scattered, smothered, and covered dis mawn'in.

Ya know what's got 4 breast and 10 teeth?

2 Waffle house waitresses.
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Finally got some of the wet stuff yesterday for a couple of hours. Yeah! We needed it so bad. A little cooler today but still in the 90's.

Ausraven looks like you've done a fine job on the club house. I know the kids will enjoy it.

Jamesbo the bullets for dat thing is filled wit 405 grains, and the lighter loads have about 300 grains of da gun powder. IMO it kick almost as hard as a 50 cal. I guess the shorter barrel doesn't help much. And when you squeeze off two rounds at the same time, look out it packs a wallop. The 50 cal has a whopping 660 grains in them. Yep no pachyderms in my neck of the woods, if you see any up there let me know.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a safe weekend!

Scot
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Tony

mourning isnt it wild on the differant weather everyone here is having. It was 55 here when I got up in Wi it has rained everyday this week keeps ya biz mowing on the nice days. The garden is doing great going to make some sweet pepper relish its awsome made my first batch last year dropped a couple of my hot peppers in some like it better than salsa. Going to try making some mulberry apple wine too my trees look good also.
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM

Hey, Wha de heck is Sandy?

Oh dat's right she's "Bond'in" wit her car.

Anyone remember the girl washing her car in de Movie "Cool Hand Luke" ?

Now that's what I call bonding with a car.
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Now that's a classic movie right there. "Shakin Da Bushes Boss"

Scot
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM

Anyone remember the girl washing her car in de Movie "Cool Hand Luke" ?

Now that's what I call bonding with a car
Hell yeah!!
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM

In case any one has forgotten the scene. Jes google up "you tube cool hand luke car wash"

George Kennedy looks like he's gonna have a stroke.
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Guess everyone been on You tube all day Huh?
Old June 24th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Jamesbo..... you make me laugh!! Yep I was out in the garage from early until noonish. Got her all shiney and purdy, lol!! She's tucked under her blankie.

Came in and got some housework done. Why does the day go soooo fast when I'm home? If I was at work, it would still be 10 am, lol!

Nicole and Dave and a friend came over to take her bookshelf out of her room. They got an apartment and moved in yesterday. It's small but nice. Larry came home while they were here, and I thought he was gonna have a stroke, his face got soooo red. I don't know why he gets so mad? Something wrong there. Just weird. Oh well.

Adrian..... what a nice little house! You did a good job. Glad you posted - I was wondering where you were.

It has rained here pretty much all day. Feels like fall - in the 60's. Supposed to end tonight and be nice for the weekend. I hope so. The roads had better be dry in the morning or I'm gonna be mad! Gotta leave 8:30 ish so I can pick up Linda on the way to the show.

Well have a great evening all, and wish us luck tomorrow!
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:58 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Morning All!

Looks like it's going to be another hot one in the mid to upper 90's. Hoping for some more wet stuff this eve.

Jamesbo don't try to beat "Luke's" record on eating hard boiled eggs dis morning.

I've got to get the house and ready to entertain my nieces baby shower for tomorrow afternoon. I plan to go down to my shop and do a little rearranging down there.

I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend!

Scot
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:12 AM
CQR

Good morning.

Good luck Sandy!

Nice lookin' shop Scot. Good thing I don't have one of those at home. The mrs. would never see me

Have to get the ATV's ready for the race tomorrow, and maybe I'll get time to put the airbags in the 67 and maybe even the new lock cylinders. Have a great weekend all!
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:13 AM

Thanks everyone on the nice comments about the clubhouse. We painted the outside of it today, I think it is lookin good. You can move in anytime you want Jamesbo, just give me a little heads up and I will put that air con in it for you lol

Minette turns 4 tomorrow, where has the time gone? Before I know it she will be in skool

While I was out the back I took a few pics from around the yard and garden. Can anyone pick the weed?

Also took a pic of my puppies, The black one is Benson and the black and white one is beau. Benson is a Great Dane and Beau is border collie/cattle/kelpie X. They are both very well behaved dogs if I do say so myself

Take care everyone and have a great day,

Adrian

Last edited by Ausraven; June 25th, 2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:15 AM

some more flower/garden pics
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks CQR the only kicker about my shop is that it is about 15 miles away. I guess I wouldn't have a wife if I stayed out there much. Good luck on your races tomorrow.

That clubhouse turned out really nice Ausraven I bet Minette just loves it. Nice looking pups you got there as well. And WOW what a flower garden! Those are some exotic looking flowers. I wonder what the names of them are. I think the green one in the last pic is a eucalyptus?? I thought it was winter in Australia? That's a lot of pretty flowers for it to be winter.

Scot
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Adrian,

Club house looks great. Bet your gonna get invited to some tea parties out there in the not to distant future. Good lookin mutt's I can tell the Dane likes his picture taken. The flowers are cool, when I was in Australia I wall amazed with variety of flowers and birds that I saw there.

Good luck at the show Sandy

Jamsbo must be out hitting whitey around. Had toad in the hole's for breakfast this morning. good stufff
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

GOOD MORNING! (Almost!)

Good luck at the show Sandy
I'll second that. Good Luck Sandy!
Jamsbo must be out hitting whitey around. Had toad in the hole's for breakfast this morning. good stufff
Hope he took a dozen *****, and a couple of floating ones!

--Don
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:36 AM

Hi All,

First time I've posted here in a while. Every weekend I'm in the garage getting the engine hooked up. Hope to break in the cam today. We'll see, if there are no SNAFU's. New tranny lines bent with a hand held tube bender...now to hook them up. Connect the heater hoses and rad hoses and set up the distributor. Then cut the spark plug wires so they're at the right length.

This is where I'm at....

Altenator rebuilt and bead blasted with new wires and ends

Attachment 181910

Cleaned up wiring around the battery

Attachment 181911

More new wiring and new ends

Attachment 181912

I'm getting close...

Attachment 181913
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Looking good.
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Looking real good Ken.

Scot
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:27 PM

Looks great Ken, bet your getting excited.
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:43 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo has left the building

So much for the perfect attendance.........

Sandy???.......
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Watch for new threads with pics from today's show in Newton Falls! They had 335 cars there, is what I heard. No I didn't take pics of all of them lol! I took around 40 pics - wish I could post more than 20 at a time. You mods should change that!

It was friggin cold pretty much all day, windy and dark clouds. In the 60's. Wore shorts and tank top - it was sunny here this morning when I left. Weather people said it would be sunny this afternoon. They lied. So we froze all day. At least it didn't rain. Long day. Got there at 10, left around 7:30. Hated to drive home with the headlights on - attracting bugs!!!

Lots of beautiful cars there today. A few Oldsmobiles - always nice to see. I'm heading to a show in Tallmadge tomorrow.... after I clean the bugs off of Teepo, lol!

Adrian..... good job on that house! I'm sure Minny loves it! And what unusual beautiful flowers! I want to know what they are. The only one I'll even guess at is a hybiscus - I think?? The big yellow one? Kinda looks like my hibiscus anyhow. I don't know which one is the weed, lol. It's a pretty one though!

Ken.... nice to hear from ya! I was wondering about you. The engine is beautiful!!! Did you get your ultimate cloths and use them yet??

Scot.... ya knew I would be absent today, but I am on tonight, lol. Jamesbo.... I don't know where he is today. We'll give him a tardy this time.

Well I'm tired so I'm gonna get off here. I'm loading pics to photobucket now. Talk to ya'll tomorrow. Oh yeah.... thanks for all the good luck wishes - they helped today!
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:57 PM

Thanks guys. Everything is hooked up. She turned over but would not start. Sems an issue with the distributor. Funny, I had it recurved, but I guess that not the same as rebuilt. So now I'll buy a modulator...I feel like that little Martian when I say that "That creature has stolen the T1631 space modulator". Anyway, my friend says he has one and he'll bring it over to test. The No. 1 piston is TDC and the wires are in the correct order. I'll spend time in the garage tomorrow. It's a short work week as our independence day, Canada Day is Friday (July 1) and there will be car shows all over the place. I would like to go to a few before our Olds show on the 16th. Sandy, Tim said he can't sell me the cloth because I'm in Canada. He said to contact the rep here.
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Quick post before I head off to the show in Tallmadge. Don't wanna lose my perfect attendance award, lol! Jamesbo...... where are you?? Hope all is ok!

Ken... I'll send ya a cloth or two, lol. I have plenty of them. Pm me your address again - I don't know if I still have it or not.

It's mostly cloudy looking out here again - supposed to have sun, think they lied again! As long as no rain, I'm ok with clouds. Just won't wear a tank top today, lol, so I won't get quite as cold as yesterday.

Gotta go get ready. Will report in later...... Have a good day all!
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Jamesbo is home from the mountains whar his lap top went "Tango Unifrom. "

Got CO DT's

There goes my perfect attendance record.

Sandy, I sure the cold weather was most becoming in your tank top.
Old June 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I had a pretty productive day down at the shop. I got 90% of the 9000+ magazines inside the conditioned area of the shop and away from the extreme temperatures out in the shop. While all of the women folk had their baby shower. I suppose that went great and I heard my niece really racked up the gifts.

Jamesbo did your laptop die from natural causes or ??? Anyhoo how much progress are they making up thar after all that tornado damage?

I've got to get some lime or something for my garden looking at it this morning revealed a bunch of bottom end rot on one mater plant So I had to toss about 10 of em (maters) so far. Bottom end rot is due from a calcium deficiency so there are a lot of ways to combat that. And irregular watering can cause it as well, but that's not the case here.

I can't believe the weekend has came and is almost gone already.

I'll catch y'all on the flipside!

Scot
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All

Well it was a nice little show over in Tallmadge. Probably 75 cars or so. I heard there were a few more shows in the area today. They gave 6 trophies - we didn't get one today. But..... two cars that did were big old Oldsmobiles so I was proud!

Sun came out and it was nice and hot. I loved it!

Jamesbo.... glad to know you're alive and well. Sorry about your perfect attendance - we might forgive you this once, though.

I'm off tomorrow.... I could get used to 4 day weekends, lol! I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow evening so I can go to the Riverfront and get my picture award. I'm not gonna take Teepo over, though, I don't think. Hopefully I'll have a lazy day in my lounge chair if it's sunny.

Have a good evening all!
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Morning All!

Quick post before I head off to the show in Tallmadge. Don't wanna lose my perfect attendance award, lol! Jamesbo...... where are you?? Hope all is ok!

Ken... I'll send ya a cloth or two, lol. I have plenty of them. Pm me your address again - I don't know if I still have it or not.

It's mostly cloudy looking out here again - supposed to have sun, think they lied again! As long as no rain, I'm ok with clouds. Just won't wear a tank top today, lol, so I won't get quite as cold as yesterday.

Gotta go get ready. Will report in later...... Have a good day all!
Sandy, That's very nice of you but I know how much you love those things and so I can't take one from you. However I do really appreciate the offer. Thank you.
Old June 27th, 2011, 04:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Tanks fer all your concerns.

My frigg'in lap top got a case of cyber clap er sum'in. Drug it home and got the guru to fix it las nite.

Back to normal. So, It's Monday and I'm fix'in to go smack whitey round.

Ken, Your car is sho look'in pretty.

Adrian, Tell Minette Happy Berfday fer me. She's a real cutie. But I think ya might need a security camera in her new castle. All de boys in de neighborhood or gonna wanta come "Play House"

Sandy, Dis is a odd Monday......... No new trophy.

Scott, Next time your wife has a shower come on up and we'll spend Sunday at the Marina drink'in beer and check'in out de scantly clad hard bodies. Hey, it beats the heck out of staring under a hood.

We can take sum pics and start a new thread.