The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Registered

That cleaning out stuff is hard Pat.
My dad's carpenter tools were the hardest thing for me to deal with.
I won't use them for nothing, display only now.
I'm like the Japanese and believe your hand tools do become part of you and contain your spirit, good and bad.
You just don't ask them to borrow a tool, me too, I'd buy you one and give it to you if you really needed it first.

I hit my thumb every time I would grab my brother's hammer at work, it has bad aim Woodpecker marks to all wood finish trim spirit in it.
I think he may be spying on me here, was saying some stuff he couldn't of found out any other way in his drunken stupor last Friday evening.
Told me I was a real SOB?
Hey Neil, I'll always be taller and better looking than you!!

Hey Sandy,
When are you going to put a driveway in to your barn so we can quit listening to you bi......complaining about not being able to get your car out?
Larry has a bucket for the tractor doesn't he?
Scrape off that topsoil and get some stone, about fist sized, for a base and then some crushed limestone for a nice surface. Take a day and the truck can lay down the stone where you hardly even have to touch it, if the driver isn't an idgit and there are no tree branches or wires too close.
I guess in snooty Twinsburg you have to have concrete or asphalt to keep up with the Joneses though?
I heard they're going to have a seperate test tube twins days now because the natural twins are getting upset about them elbowing in on their turf.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

Blue..... ya just want me to get killed, don't ya? If I would put a driveway through his yard, that'd be it. I'd be right up there on the list with Nicole, lol!! Gravel would work for me. Our rental house next door has a gravel drive way to the back. No close branches or wires either. Would be a nice straight shot. It would also be a nice straight shot to my body too. Can't wait to see how he's gonna bit*h when I have to play musical vehicles and cars are parked in the yard this summer when I need to get Teepo in and out of the house garage. We actually need to make some pull off parking spaces somewhere along the drive.

Soooo... in the interm, you'll listen to me bit*h and complain, and you'll like it, lol! And I'm not a snooty Twinsburger, either, lol! I'm gonna go home and walk back by the garage and see if it dried up any, since it hasn't rained here yet. Maybe.......
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM

Sandy, Why don't you explain to him that a driveway will bring the house value up, by making the building where Teepo is parked useable in all weather conditions.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
And I'm not a snooty Twinsburger, either, lol! I'm gonna go home and walk back by the garage and see if it dried up any, since it hasn't rained here yet. Maybe.......
Just be glad you don't live in Hudson!

--Don
Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM

Lordy...Lordy. It started snowing again this afternoon. We have about 2" so far and they are calling for 11" in the thumb area. We got 2" of rain two days ago. San Diego, Miami? They sure sound good.
Higgins
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Yet another beautiful day down ere.

I spose Adrian is in D.C. enjoying the beltway traffic by now.

If Sandy got her drive way and good weather came to Ohio, What would she have to whine about.

Pat,

I don't envy your job of cleaning out. I think a man's work tools almost become part of him over the years.

But I hope ya get sum good grub while your in Mississippi. You ever been to Vicksburg? They don't celebrate the 4th of July thar. It's a total time warp.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:39 AM

[quote=Jamesbo;264311]

If Sandy got her drive way and good weather came to Ohio, What would she have to whine about.

Jamesbo, Theres always Larry and Nicole. Or she'll find something else.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

You got that right, lol! Don't ya just love having a whining, complaining woman on the forum, lol? You can't even come here to escape real life!

Morning All!

Dark and rainy here, but temps in the 40's right now. Supposed to get thunder storms this morning, could be pretty potent they said. Temps are gonna fall tonight, and then here comes a wintry mix. Just what we need. Hopefully it will all be done with by August!

Computer issues again here at work this morning. Houston got them running, but they're moving slow. Lots of grumbling going on. Steve will be back tomorrow. I like it when one of the guys isn't here cause it gives me more to do and I don't get so bored!

Jamesbo..... Clay told me I should go to Vicksburg when I mentioned I'd like to go to Mississippi and New Orleans sometime. He said Vicksburg is a beautiful town. He likes it there. So that's on my to do list, someday.

Well have a great day all!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:03 AM

Dat's what I tell my wife

"Bit-h, bit-h, bit-h,

Ever since the baby came, all ya wanta do it go steady."
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Blue..... ya just want me to get killed, don't ya? If I would put a driveway through his yard, that'd be it. I'd be right up there on the list with Nicole, lol!! Gravel would work for me. Our rental house next door has a gravel drive way to the back. No close branches or wires either. Would be a nice straight shot. It would also be a nice straight shot to my body too. Can't wait to see how he's gonna bit*h when I have to play musical vehicles and cars are parked in the yard this summer when I need to get Teepo in and out of the house garage. We actually need to make some pull off parking spaces somewhere along the drive.

Soooo... in the interm, you'll listen to me bit*h and complain, and you'll like it, lol! And I'm not a snooty Twinsburger, either, lol! I'm gonna go home and walk back by the garage and see if it dried up any, since it hasn't rained here yet. Maybe.......
Is that a Twinsburger with cheese on it?
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo...... It's what I do, lol!!!! You are funny!

Ken.... you just make me laugh! Nice to hear from ya!!

Where's Wolfie?????
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM

Sandy, you could always jack Teepo up and put a Jimmy 4 wheel drivetrain under her with bid mudder tires then the wet grass wouldn't matter. Then you could go bog racing with the rednecks.

Jamsbo,

Your right going into Jim's shop without him being there working on some project is hard. His tools are a part of him and are going to my youngest son as Jim was teaching him woodworking and stated to all of us that's who he wanted to has his tools when he passed on. They will stay in the family
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Sandy...

I see they're selling something that looks like landing mats at the Harbor Freight store (or is it Northern Tool, or is it Tractor Supply!

Just trying to help get Teepo out of her garage!

--Don
Old March 24th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's in the 20's here and cloudy. We had a light dusting of snow last night, no ice in our area thankfully!! Supposed to get in the teens tonight. Our normal high should be 51 this time of year they were saying on the weather. That would be nice! Would feel like a heat wave!! We're supposed to be in the 30's next week too which is unusual. It's gonna be April for heavens sake!! I hear it's gonna be 80 in Hotlanta today??

Not much going on around here. Steve is back and grumbling about all the work the other 2 guys didn't get done for him. We've been very busy, which is good!! I like it when steel is moving!!! Hopefully we'll be sending some big plates over to Japan to help with their rebuilding.

Nicole goes back to the nursing home on Friday to have them check her TB skin test they did yesterday when she went to pick up paperwork. So hopefully she'll be starting the job soon!! I'm happy!!

Well have a good day all!!
Old March 24th, 2011, 06:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Had a ltttle rain las nite. But today is gonna be beautimus a-gain.

Dis cotton pick'in Day lite Sav'ins time is driv'in me to drink
[And it's a short trip]

I hate it. It's agin de laws of nature.

While, I'm Bit*h'in 'bout things. I hate try'in to do business via e-mail.

IMHO

10 e-mails could be eliminated with 1 15 min. phone conversation.

GTG weed eat sum dis mawn'in. Ya'll have a nice day.
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Registered

TGIF morning.

The old clock on the wall says it's 19 degrees outside.
Sorry to steal your thunder Sandy.

Hey Jamesbo, Why don't you start a new thread and post your phone number so everybody on CO can call you about stuff?, have your recipes ready.
I still think a Classic Oldsmobile Cookbook would be a best seller.
Chicken de Cutlass Supreme sounds like a fine gourmet dish.
Redgoat says he'd like some Veal Cutlass .
Vista Cruiser Burgers!
Could start a chain of them like Hooters, the waitresses could wear see through tops like Vista Cruisers, with four sun visors.

That would be the tops of their hats of course.

(Sandy safety disclaimer)
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Ok Blue,

It's BR549

I'd like to start off wit de Vista Velveta, pickle and oyster loaf.

But, I'm enjoy'in a sausage and biscuit as we speak and don't want to loose my appetite.

How 'bout a Cutlass Cavier Cream cheese and sardine spread [with pickles of course]

I would write an Oldsmobile cookbook but I've opened a day care center for guys like you and Redgoat.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

You guys crack me up, lol!!!

Morning All!

Well Blue it's up to 21 degrees over here, lol! Sun is out looking beautiful, but that wind out of the north is cold!! No rain in the forecast for the next few days, so I'm hoping to get Teepo out if the ground dries up or freezes. One or the other, lol!

I am glad it's Friday! It's been a long week around here. Quieter today in here, which is nice.

Well have a nice day all! Jamesbo..... think of me while you're enjoying your warm weather!
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Alb

doctor visit

This older lady goes to the doctor for a check up. The doctor is giving her an exam when he tells her to take a big breath. She replied to him. They use to be.
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

'Morning all!

Where is everyone? It's pouring rain here and they say it wont quit until Tuesday!

Our daughter and son-in-law are driving here on Sunday from Columbus OH to help with spring yard work! This is gonna be a wash-out! Rich wants to go for a ride in Blue Belle with the top down. That's not going to happen!

Have a great week-end!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; March 26th, 2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: I'm an old man....
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM

Mawn'in

Originally Posted by Ddbord
'Morning all!

Where is everyone? It's pouring rain here and they say it wont quit until Tuesday! --Don
Don, It's Saturday so I'm cook'in and watch it rain like the ole cow on a flat rock.

Nope, Don't beleive the drop top is com'in out de garage fer a while. Next we're gonna get de pollen season whar my 69 trophy Blue 442 drop top turns a sicken'in shade of Green.
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Registered

Sunny and cold here, a least the grass isn't growing yet and the frozen ground keeps the dog mud down.

The Formula One season starts this weekend. Delayed becuse of political unrest in Bahrain so the nearly brand new track sat empty for the start of the season, no Camels parked in the lots.
I wonder what the FIA thinks of all the new tracks in in the middle east now?
It serves them right for blowing off the US Grand Prix.
Watkins Glen was the coolest thing around in it's day, now they're building a yuppie hippie radical cowboy F1 track in the People's Republic of Austin, Texas.
Probably name it the Brokeback Track in honor of their favorite movie and the late Joker.

You could go for a ride with the top up Don?
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM

Hey all, glad to hear everyone is doing ok considering the weather. We left DC this morning and are now in Jersey, on the border of Philly as my friend lives in Philly and Jersey was more then half the price of Philly. DC was alright for the Monuments and the Smithsonian but other then that I wouldn't go back anytime soon. The Motel we stayed in had internet but they had blocked social websites and could only check email, thats not free internet, thats highly limited internet.

Lunch was good with Jamesbo, nice and peaceful at the club, good choice mate

I was told the people in the north are rude and so far it's correct, excluding all the cool people on CO of cause. We are all cool and awesome

I am in Jersey for 4 nights so I should be able to update a bit more regularly while I am here, once a night I reckon

Take care all,

Adrian
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Next we're gonna get de pollen season whar my 69 trophy Blue 442 drop top turns a sicken'in shade of Green.
We've got a lot of pollen but soon the pine pollen will coat everything a bright yeller. It even gets inside the house.. UGH!

I'm watching it pour rain!

S#@t!

--Wet Don
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Ausraven
I am in Jersey for 4 nights so I should be able to update a bit more regularly while I am here, once a night I reckon Adrian
Glads to hear that you're having a good vacation!

I haven't been in New Jersey for years, except for getting stranded at EWR, Newark Airport twice. The last time (last winter) I got Delta to give me a freebee. They put me up at the Meadowlands Hilton. Beautiful hotel about 15 minutes from the airport.

Where are you headed after your stay in Jersey? Hope you don't fly out of EWR!

--Don

Old March 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Bluevista
The Formula One season starts this weekend.
Vettel won the pole for the Aussie Grand Prix. Hamilton was second 0.866 behind! Then Webber, Button and Alonzo.
It serves them right for blowing off the US Grand Prix.
Watkins Glen was the coolest thing around in it's day..
I raced my 1948 MG-TC at The Glen in 1951 and 1952. The course went through the middle of town. The course was about six and a half miles long! The thing I remember most about the track, is that when you left town, you went up and across a railroad track and got launched up in the air, and when you came down your wheels had better be aimed to the right, or you went off the road!

The main street in town had snow-fence all along the street. In 1952, a car went out of control and killed a young boy spectator. The next year, the races were run on the course out of town up on the hill. The races were run by the SCCA and they ran several classes of cars (I ran in class F - 1500cc). The last race of the day was the Grand Prix, with the Ferrari's, Lotus', Cooper's, Mercedes Gull-Wings, Shelby's, Cad Allards, etc. performing. It was a really great time of the year for sports car guy's. I got to hob-*** with guy's like Briggs Cunningham, Curtis LeMay, Jackie Cooper, Sherwood Johnstone, who once gave me a ride in his 4.9 LTR Ferrari, and ALL the great F1 drivers of the day. The cars were all different, not like today, and the cost was minimal. The only pretentious outfit was the Scuderia Ferrari! They came with a hauler like the Cup guys use today. Those were some fun years for a young guy!
You could go for a ride with the top up Don?
Maybe we will, except it's supposed to RAIN!

--Don
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:10 AM

When we leave Jersey Ddbord we are headed for Niagara Falls, driving haven't been outside yet but I reckon it is cool. Going to see the Liberty Bell today as well as Independence Hall, should be a good day.

Have a great day all,

Adrian
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in

NIAGARA FALLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBbkGmt9mk
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Eek

Originally Posted by Ausraven
When we leave Jersey Ddbord we are headed for Niagara Falls..
Niagara Falls is merely Lake Erie dumping into Lake Ontario! I hope, while in Philly, you can get to the Franklin Institute. I've been there twice and it's an amazing place.

Have fun in Philly, and be sure to try a Cheese Steak!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; March 27th, 2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Dumb Old Man...
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

I like the Three Stooges version better.

Did you make sure the falls are going to be turned on when you get there Adrian?
They do regulate them, the power plants take a lot of the water now, they say if they let the water come over at full force again for even a minute it would wipe out everything next to the river for miles.
They must have really been something else back when it was all natural, they're pretty impressive now.
I was apprehensive about walking up to the railing at the edge of the falls the first time, same deal with the Grand Canyon, I crawled on my hands and knees to the edge of that.

My Vietnamese-American nephew Duc-vid just opened another nail salon and day spa, nobody told him the economy was bad.
If I can learn how to do rich broads fingernails and rub oil on them I can get a job in a minute.
His name was Duc and he changed it to David when he came here from the old country to be more American.
Redgoat started calling him Duc-vid and it stuck.

I'm tired, stayed up to watch the F-1 race from Australia this morning...good night.
Old March 28th, 2011, 05:18 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chilly [maybe low 40's] dis mawn'in. Rain'in like a cow on a flat rock. No golf today. I sho am glad I got de grass cut last week cause dis week is gonna be a wash out.

Adrian, You're quite welcome. Never been to Jersey so I can't speak of how de act. I have watch The Sopranos though. But I ain't gonna say nut'in 'bout folks whose last names end in a vowel.

Der used to be a book out titled "Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus." I prefer to think "People are from Earth" and look fer de similarities rather dan de differences.

Take our old friend Blue as an example. He don't like pickles. I find dat a bit odd. But WTH, He's a good guy. I play golf all de time wit a guy who hates taters of any description. Can you imagine dat? Go'in thu life sans eat'in taters.

I wonder what Sandys Exigency de jour is gonna be today.

Rain and all, I'm jes happy not to be in Japn, Lybia or sum utter place where it's hitt'in de fan.

Speak'in of Lybia [and utter countries whar everyones got a AK-47] Does anyone else think it's odd that those guys sure do burn up alot of ammo shoot'in into de air. I mean de ain't got much food/water/shelter but de got bullets to throw away like crazy. I jes don't get it.

Ya'll stay safe and dry.
Old March 28th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Adrian, I'm glad your enjoying your vacation to the states!

Jamesbo, while watching the news I thought the same thing! I'd be concerned about running out of ammo with the way they celebrate. I'd hate to be a bird, airplane, or anything else flying overhead during one of those celebrations!

John
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
I'd hate to be a bird, airplane, or anything else flying overhead during one of those celebrations!

John
And what goes up, must come down!! Be standing around and a bullet falls on your head.
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Nice to see everyone had a good weekend! It's 18 degrees here and sunny! Going up in the 30's. It was a nice sunny weekend, but cold! I saw on the news last night all the flooding and downed trees and such around Hotlanta, Jamesbo. Hope you all are damage free where you're at. We have rain/snow possibly on Wednesday. Did you see the snow in St. Louis? Now that's depressing!!

Adrian.... sounds like you're having a good time! I haven't been to DC since the 80's. I'd like to go back sometime maybe in April when the cherry blossoms are blooming. They are beautiful!

Soooooo....... TEEPO IS OUT OF THE BACK GARAGE!

I'm soooo happy, lol!!!!! Brought her out early yesterday morning while the ground was still hard and frosty. Her tires are muddy - gotta clean them off. I put her in the house garage and was hoping to take her for a little spin to check her out yesterday afternoon, but didn't have time. I'm hoping to do it tonight.

Teepos exhaust pipe is getting pretty rusty. Think I'll have Don Sitts put on a new exhaust system too. I'd like to have a muffler with just a little rumble - nothing loud and obnoxious. She's so quiet now. We'll see. I'll have to go look up some old threads discussing mufflers. Flowmaster, Thrush... I don't know!

Blue..... What size lug nuts are on her, do you know? How do I figure that out? I need to get some new ones, and I don't really know how you go about doing that?

Some of them are starting to rust, I guess where they've been scraped by lug wrenches or something. They aren't beautiful anymore. I have a whole bag of lug nuts that Larry bought on line somewhere that are not the right size. They're too big or too deep or something. He bought them right after I got the car and they've sat in the garage in the bag all these years. I should sell them or something.

I have to go to Sears Optical on my way home and get the new lenses put in these glasses. Hopefully I will be able to see out of them this time! My eyes are gonna be a mess by the time it's all said and done.

Went to Sams Club yesterday and bought a metal bed frame, and a Serta mattress and box spring for in the spare room. Almost $400.00 for a friggin twin bed!! I couldn't believe it. But I needed a bed in there since I gave Linda my other one. Now I can go sleep in there instead of on the couch on the nights I need to, lol.

Then I had to go up to Linda's and have her sign a jury duty summons question thing she got from Kansas so we could get it mailed back. I called them last week and told them she's not in Kansas any longer, but they needed the form mailed back. So I didn't get home until after 9 last evening.

Well have a great day all!
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:32 AM

Come on Sandy, Fusick's hasn't heared from ya in at least a week. De got de lug nuts cha are look'in fer.
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Are they good ones, Jamesbo?? I'll get on the site and look em up.
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

Good Morning,

I hate pickles but I'll eat liver and onions if it's made without onions.
I also hate onions, those little pearl onions are the most evil food on Earth.
How anybody could even think of a dish where you suspend those things in a lime flavored quivering green gelatinous mass with carrot strips is almost too much to comprehend... the humanities!
I lean towards my German beast and potatoes side.

Originally Posted by Higgins
And what goes up, must come down!! Be standing around and a bullet falls on your head.
If it doesn't come down after three hours consult your physician.

Those rounds fall at bullet speed right through your skullbone.
"I shot an arrow into the air and where it fell I know not where".
Ask the guy with an arrow sticking out of his cranium if he knows where it fell.

Every year on New Years eve at least one person gets killed from a bullet in the hay-ed that way in the USA.
It happens every day at Mexican weddings.
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM

Morning all, nice and chilly here in Philly, I'm a poet lol.

You should just take a lug nut off teepo and go to the shop to match it up Sandy.

Just shows how smart some people are shooting into the air if you ask me, but if you shoot at a slight angle I think YOU are safe but not so sure about the guy 3 towns over

Off to the mall to get some things today, yay.

Have a great day all,

Adrian
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

I checked out Fusick - I'll have to see how many of the nuts have some rust on them, cause it's not all of them. $46 for a whole set. Not too bad.
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:45 AM

Most of the old nuts on this site have rust on them their so old. Looks like everything around here is normal. Not to much happened while I was away. Best news is that Teepo is out of the garage and Jamsbo's cooking like usual.
Blue your missing out on some great food not liking onions, that's UN-American, how can you eat a hamburger or a hotdog without them, let alone about a thousand other recipes. I suppose you don't like garlic either?