The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2022, 03:14 PM
Always room for one more

The house I grew up in was built with hardwood flooring throughout, and as far as I could tell, had carpet put over it immediately. The house was built in 1964 and we moved in the first part of 1971. Not long after, my parents replaced the carpet, I'm kind of surprised my Dad didn't want to clean the floors up a little and keep them instead of putting carpet back. I guess with three kids and a dog they wouldn't have stayed nice for long.

Went to the junkyard this afternoon. I was able to procure the plastic extension to the dash pad for the Aura. For some reason mine decided to crack right in the middle. I've never seen another one do it. So a little clean up and I'll take an afternoon to replace it. I will go slow and not destroy anything. I haven't bought anything at the junkyard in a long time.

Norm the "boxes" in the new house closets are maybe a foot square, maybe a little bigger. I had thought about ducting to the upstairs, except the upstairs has its own AC system. Laundry is on the main floor. I tapped on the sides and they sound hollow. Who knows.

I've got a physical coming up next week, and I had thought I'd wait to get pizza until afterwards, but I'm going to get one tonight. I feel like I need one. Man it's been a couple months I think since I've had any. Good treat for us to end our extended time off. I'm still off tomorrow but tomorrow night will be a school night.

Old February 22nd, 2022, 04:47 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - My parents home was built in 1960 with beautiful hardwood flooring throughout the home all three bedrooms, the hallway and the living room. I can't recall what was in the kitchen - the flooring was maybe wood, I don't know. My Mom owned one of those hardwood floor clean/wax machines - they're not huge, they have two rotating pads/disks in which you can change from a polishing pad to a scrub brush to a bristle brush. I remember Mom waxing and polishing those floors. Us boys would slide across them in our socks. It seemed like one day they were all gone - replaced with carpet throughout the house. By the time I was a late teenager, they let me remove the carpet in my bedroom and my gf and me installed this crazy patched **** carpet - it was the "thing" back then.
Old February 22nd, 2022, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mike,

My parent's house had laundry shoots in the closets' Boxes you took the lid off and tossed your dirty clothes in and they landed in a bin in the basement above the washer
Yeah, my Mom would hate that. Her idea was to give each of her kids a plastic laundry basket with the instructions “When your basket is full, do a load of laundry.” Essentially you’re on your own kid.

Come to think of it, she did the same thing for meals. “If you’re hungry, there’s food in the fridge, so cook something for yourself.”

She was adamant that we become self sufficient. Apparently it worked for all of her children.

Last edited by Fun71; February 22nd, 2022 at 06:16 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2022, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Mike - My parents home was built in 1960 with beautiful hardwood flooring throughout the home all three bedrooms, the hallway and the living room. I can't recall what was in the kitchen - the flooring was maybe wood, I don't know. My Mom owned one of those hardwood floor clean/wax machines - they're not huge, they have two rotating pads/disks in which you can change from a polishing pad to a scrub brush to a bristle brush. I remember Mom waxing and polishing those floors. Us boys would slide across them in our socks. It seemed like one day they were all gone - replaced with carpet throughout the house. By the time I was a late teenager, they let me remove the carpet in my bedroom and my gf and me installed this crazy patched **** carpet - it was the "thing" back then.
My house was built in 78. Floorboards, particle board sub floor, pad, **** carpet. I went down to the floorboards, put in plyboard, then finish in place hickory. Much better now.

Old February 23rd, 2022, 02:53 AM

John, Did you ever rake your **** carpet?

It was a real PITA to have to get up a plow through the carpet to change the channels on the TV

Not to try to one up you, but in high school I worked for a company that sold avocado rattan furniture and Lava lamps

'Mike's heard my story about me delivering a glass top table and my 1st experience with electric garage door opener a thousand times so i won't re tell it
Old February 23rd, 2022, 03:14 AM
Running On Empty

Very tired when retiring last night @ 10:30PM, awoke @ 3:30AM, could not return to sleep. Up since 3:30AM awaiting tee-time @8:30AM. The next 6.6 miles of walking will be interesting...~67°F today.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 03:32 AM

Very tired when retiring last night @ 10:30PM, awoke @ 3:30AM, could not return to sleep. Up since 3:30AM awaiting tee-time @8:30AM. The next 6.6 miles of walking will be interesting...~67°F today.
Norm - Sounds quite familiar. Very tired when I went to bed @ 1030 last night. Woke up @ 0230 when the wife and dogs came to bed. Got back to sleep, then Monty got me up at 0400 because he wanted out. I was wide awake at that point and said phuque it, I'll just stay up! Thought I'd spend a little time catching up on what's going on in Eastern Europe, what a mess! Good luck out on the links!
Old February 23rd, 2022, 03:42 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Thought I'd spend a little time catching up on what's going on in Eastern Europe, what a mess! Good luck out on the links!
Yes Chis , this is a very big mess. This are on the news all the time here.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Yes Chis , this is a very big mess. This are on the news all the time here.
Hi Glenn - On the news all the time here too, I just haven't had much time to watch much of it. I have been consumed lately with some family issues. It's got to be pretty scary, you're a hell of a lot closer to it than we are here! Hope you are well!
Old February 23rd, 2022, 04:01 AM

Old February 23rd, 2022, 04:07 AM
Running On Empty

It's difficult to remain non-political, but I'm going to....
Old February 23rd, 2022, 05:20 AM

About 1/8-1/4 inch of ice all over from freezing rain yesterday, tree branches thicker- definitely looks like a "Winter Wonderland" today. I was really worried power would go out as I am watching 5 houses other than mine, so far so good. I wouldn't want anything to freeze up on my watch. I had metal images of taking my generator around and getting power to each place for a time etc... so far so good and I think we are thru it. I don't think there were a crazy amount of outages at least I didn't hear it on the news.
- Got the 2019 Acadia and it's a nice car, kept the old Impala for a while but I will sell it in a month or so. I am getting tired of winter.....
Old February 23rd, 2022, 07:07 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
About 1/8-1/4 inch of ice all over from freezing rain yesterday, tree branches thicker- definitely looks like a "Winter Wonderland" today. I was really worried power would go out as I am watching 5 houses other than mine, so far so good. I wouldn't want anything to freeze up on my watch. I had metal images of taking my generator around and getting power to each place for a time etc... so far so good and I think we are thru it. I don't think there were a crazy amount of outages at least I didn't hear it on the news.
- Got the 2019 Acadia and it's a nice car, kept the old Impala for a while but I will sell it in a month or so. I am getting tired of winter.....
Greg, since the Acadia diverged from the Traverse/Enclave common platform, which engine does it have? If you have the 3.6, stick to 3-5k mile intervals on the oil changes, and run full synthetic. Helps delay the timing chain replacement interval.

I don't have cameras on the outside at my cottage, but the indoor cams are still on, so I know I haven't lost power up there. Somewhat surprising, since we ALWAYS lose power up there with a storm like this.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 07:25 AM
Always room for one more

Aloha, or Ahoy!

It's raining pretty hard. The lake is coming up, maybe I should take out my little dinghy.

Got no plans for the day. Clean house a little. Didn't know it was going to rain.

Greg I think you should put the 6 cylinder from the Impala on a sled.

So do you know what we were talking about two years ago on this day? Jamesbo had posted the Sloopy girl dancing in circles for two minutes and then we saw the Liz Brewer talk show with Sue Ellen Mischke wearing a bra on the plane. I still look at that short video, it just makes me happy. It started showing up with some other girl's name on it. I found this:

Rick married Liz Agriss in 1969.[4] Liz Derringer is often confused with a British woman, Liz Brewer, who married John Rendall in 1978.[5] The confusion over the Lizzes led to the rumor that Liz Brewer was the mystery dancer in Rick Derringer's 1975 remake of "Hang On Sloopy." It was revealed in 2021 that neither Liz was the dancer.

She was, in fact, Los Angeles club dancer Lisa Leonard Dalton. Dalton's legitimacy as "Sloopy Girl" was substantiated by evidence and a number of witnesses.[6]

Also on this day, in 2007, I became the proud owner of the High Saturn. Probably a few or everyone doesn't know about this car because I haven't talked about it in a long time. It sits all but unloved with the engine still blown up. Ah, one of these days...

Had a few laughs at the Awful house this morning. One of the guys yesterday backed into a car going behind him and really did a number on it. How he missed this car with the giant move-out mirrors and a back up camera I'll never know. Didn't do anything to the bumper on his pickup. Anyway we gave him hell about it today. Lots of fun.

Guess I'll find something to do. All my moving is on hold for a few days.

Oh Jamesbo I don't remember the coffee table story. Go ahead and tell it.

Peace

Last edited by slantflat; February 23rd, 2022 at 07:28 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 08:12 AM

OK,

I was delivering a glass top dining room table and had hauled it off the truck and set it on the way into the garage, I went up and rang what I thought was the door bell next to the kitchen door to the garage. The electric garage door starting coming down, And I saw nightmares of a months pay going up in shattered glass. Fortunately, the maid open the door and shut it off before it crashed on top of the glass table

This cracker had never seen an electric garage door before
Old February 23rd, 2022, 09:14 AM

Mike, there was some video I saw in high school in music class of some video of a topless chick doing the backstroke to the song "Bird is the Word" or whatever it's named. Never found that video since. Black and white, too.
Old February 23rd, 2022, 10:41 AM
Running On Empty

39/41
Old February 23rd, 2022, 11:01 AM

39/41
You're getting there
Old February 23rd, 2022, 11:11 AM

39/41
Looks like you're back on track! I can see several rounds in the 70's for you this spring!
Old February 23rd, 2022, 11:48 AM

We usually run a car until it's a POS------ ALRIGHT what did I do? I just lost the first sentence, I'll do it again... Yes Jeff it is a 3.6, 26000 miles, I hope it's not a problem engine...
Old February 23rd, 2022, 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

Watching ‘Cleaner’. Good movie. Mostly watching Eva Mendes caboose. Ah Chiwawa!
Old February 23rd, 2022, 04:34 PM
Always room for one more

I turned the heat off, no need to power that thing up when it's not going to come on. It's actually fairly warm in the house. Might need the ceiling fan tonight for a little bit. Does that mean that spring is here? Almost, anyway.

So here's a news flash. Remember I said all my family was moving to Orlando? Change of plans. My Mom is coming here and living in my old house. There were many miles between what she wanted and what we could afford, and my sister was driving everyone crazy with her minutia on the subject. I said, just eliminate the drama and come here. She thought it was a good idea. I hate that she won't be close to the young'uns, but with the new arrangement she wasn't going to see them much anyway. I think this will be a good move for her.

Koda that was some hip teacher playing nudidity in the classroom. Maybe you can't find it because it was his own personal video.

Jamesbo did you think it was odd that they had a doorbell in the garage? Although, if they were rich enough for a maid, I guess a doorbell in the garage wouldn't be a stretch.

Work tomorrow. Ah well, my time off was fun while it lasted. Didn't get a whole lot done, but it turns out it doesn't matter. Two days and I'm off again. I like that schedule.

Kenneth that's the opposite of my house. My Mom wouldn't let anyone use her washing machine. She didn't trust anyone to use the gas stove. If one of us was doing something out of the ordinary, like clearing the dishes, running the vacuum cleaner, etc, she would act perturbed and ask, what do you think you're doing?

Almost time for bed. Heck, might as well go now. Wonder if I missed anything good this week.

Old February 23rd, 2022, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
I turned the heat off, no need to power that thing up when it's not going to come on. It's actually fairly warm in the house. Might need the ceiling fan tonight for a little bit. Does that mean that spring is here? Almost, anyway.

So here's a news flash. Remember I said all my family was moving to Orlando? Change of plans. My Mom is coming here and living in my old house. There were many miles between what she wanted and what we could afford, and my sister was driving everyone crazy with her minutia on the subject. I said, just eliminate the drama and come here. She thought it was a good idea. I hate that she won't be close to the young'uns, but with the new arrangement she wasn't going to see them much anyway. I think this will be a good move for her.

Koda that was some hip teacher playing nudidity in the classroom. Maybe you can't find it because it was his own personal video.

Jamesbo did you think it was odd that they had a doorbell in the garage? Although, if they were rich enough for a maid, I guess a doorbell in the garage wouldn't be a stretch.

Work tomorrow. Ah well, my time off was fun while it lasted. Didn't get a whole lot done, but it turns out it doesn't matter. Two days and I'm off again. I like that schedule.

Kenneth that's the opposite of my house. My Mom wouldn't let anyone use her washing machine. She didn't trust anyone to use the gas stove. If one of us was doing something out of the ordinary, like clearing the dishes, running the vacuum cleaner, etc, she would act perturbed and ask, what do you think you're doing?

Almost time for bed. Heck, might as well go now. Wonder if I missed anything good this week.
Sorry, it was Papa Oom Mow Mow.
Old February 24th, 2022, 06:11 AM

Heading Norte
Old February 24th, 2022, 06:35 AM

Safe travels James!
Old February 24th, 2022, 03:50 PM
Always room for one more

Aloha

This couldn't have been a nicer day. Sun out, high 70s, no humidity, blue sky, just perfect. I think tomorrow is the same, and then back to winter over the weekend.

Greg there's nothing wrong with using a car up. You need to get your money's worth out of it because cars are stupidly expensive these days. I don't go on trashing my cars for no reason, but I think it's kind of cool when you know you're the end user.

We had to go to a "town hall" meeting at work today. Groups of maintenance employees sit and listen to some higher-up we've never heard of tout what a great job he's been doing. Any questions he was asked today he skirted. The lead said it was mandatory. Well I got news for them. That's the last meeting I go to. I work in TOC 3 and the meeting was in TOC 1, and it's probably 3/4 mile between the two. I don't walk well these days and to walk down there and back, I was about done. Nothing he said today couldn't have been read on the homepage.

Well waiting for my Mom to call and then I'm off to dreamland. Tomorrow is Friday(already!) and boy howdy do I have a busy weekend ahead. Doing stuff to the house to get ready for my Mom. After all these years I'm finally going to have the place fixed up. Hm.

Peace

Old February 24th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - How old is your Mom? Your house has a staircase I believe? Will that hinder any of her activities e.g. washing/drying clothes - is there a washer/dryer in the basement? We had to first, refuse to let our Mom go up/down stairs in her home as her legs began to weaken as she aged - she fell at the bottom of the stairs a couple times (not good). This eventually gave way to moving Mom into an assisted living facility. The only reason I bring it up is if she has any reason to migrate up/down stairs they can be a burden. Just a thought for you as she moves into your house (keep a watchful eye - they don't often like to admit it either).
Old February 25th, 2022, 04:36 AM

No floating dock talk

Cooking up a few things for my housekeeper .She got cut on yesterday ( big C)
Because her husband isn't worth killing

Made some spaghetti, chili, shrimp salad and chicken corn bread dressing ( her favorite)

Should get her through a few days
Old February 25th, 2022, 07:47 AM

James - You're a good man, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. I'll say a prayer that the result of her surgery is positive.

Weather has been really crappy here the past 2-days with several periods of snow and ice, and still have some flurries this morning. Not alot of accumulation, but we got ice first on Wednesday night, and reports are that secondary roads are still ice covered and slick in many areas. We haven't been out.

The visitation for the son of my wife's best friend is Saturday afternoon, followed by a dinner for family and close friends at a VFW. We are going to both. My wife's friend has family coming in to stay with them for a few days. Like James, my wife was up cooking most of the evening last night, cooking several heat and serve meals and desserts to take down to them today.

My wife's OB/GYN's Office called yesterday, but as is often the practice, would not give her the results of her biopsies over the phone. We have an appointment for next Wednesday to go in and get the results, and learn any next steps if needed. With the death of her friend's son from cancer, and having to wait on the results of these biopsies, my wife has been a nervous and emotional wreck. I've been trying to think of, and do things, to keep her mind off these things, but I don't feel like I'm succeeding much.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; February 25th, 2022 at 07:50 AM.
Old February 25th, 2022, 08:03 AM

A cold front passed through and dumped snow all over northern Arizona, and it was in the low 30s here. High here was 56 yesterday. The forecast is for 86 by this coming Wednesday. I sure hope that doesn’t last long as I ain’t ready for winter to be over yet.
Old February 25th, 2022, 10:07 AM
GCH

Hi woke up this monday and it was 30cm snow outside , don´t like it but had to take the tractor and plow snow.
Have a couple of chainsaws i worked with , Jonsered 52e and 535 , and purchased a Stihl 194 who is very
light and easier for my knees Took the 88 for a little ride today and that was nice , the roads had dried up .
Hope everybody have a great weekend Here it is a little tense because nobody knows what should happen
next
Old February 25th, 2022, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Hi woke up this monday and it was 30cm snow outside , don´t like it but had to take the tractor and plow snow. . . .
Here it is a little tense because nobody knows what should happen next
Glenn - About 12-inches of snow, enough to make things difficult. Luckily you have the equipment to move it! Hopefully you folks are far enough away from the conflict that you won't be directly affected! Hang in there! Unfortunately, we are all going to be affected in one way or another in the long run.
Old February 25th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Always room for one more

Pitiful.

Aloha

Pitiful group I work with. Almost 1 before we got out, only because people were lollygagging around. We only had three mechanics signing wheels but still had four robot guys and four wall guys. The mechanics should have had cards stacked up and waiting. Nope, everyone else apparently decided that since we were down mechanics they'd slack off. Then, everyone goes to lunch-early. I said, why go to lunch when we can finish and go home? Half way through lunch the fat a$$hole lead comes and yells, everyone back to work so we can go home. I don't get it. We lollygag all morning and then take lunch, but then have to cut lunch short because suddenly we are in a hurry. WTF.

I had a hunch that even though it was late my Friday friends would still be at the Awful house, so I went past and they were there. So I stopped in and had a nice chat. It's very nice out. Not quite as warm as yesterday.

Later I'm going to Home Depot and get some paint. I wanted to get some yesterday but chose the wrong place to look. I know HD will have what I want.

Glad it's Friday. Working two days is the pits.

Peace

Old February 25th, 2022, 12:46 PM
Always room for one more

Norm my Mom is 80. She does not do stairs and doesn't attempt to. My house has stairs to the basement but she does not need to go down there. The laundry is in the basement but she can come to the new house to do laundry, or I can do it for her. I thought she might be more comfortable in the new house, but she wants to stay here. Funny, I wanted to sell this house because of all the things it needed that I didn't want to do. Now I get to do them.

Old February 25th, 2022, 01:28 PM

Jamesbo, that was a nice thing for you to do for your housekeeper. I have a Ukrianian co worker, been in the U.S. for two decades or so. He, his wife and kids migrated here looking for a better life. He spoke no english, but learned as he went ( he speaks five languages), his wife is a dental assistant, and was trained in the Ukriane, he had training making crowns, he started working at my place about 18-19 years ago, and then started building houses, very talented (built his own house, and a custom bar) he and his son's started buying foreclosed house's and rehabbing and selling them. He is currently building a 5,000 sq ft home near Mona Lake $$$. His mom lives about 20 miles from Poland, and he has told her to go there. he is currently working the weekend crew, which gives him time during the week to work on that house. I'll see him at work on Sunday, unless he needs to be elsewhere, assisting his mom in some way. I know he is really concerned about the invasion. He absolutey hates Putin.
Old February 25th, 2022, 03:01 PM
Running On Empty

James - Suggestion - don't even mention the floating dock. You're a good person aiding your housekeeper.
Ralph - Sounds like a weekend of pins & needles at your place.
Mike - You should fire those numbskulls. Good on you helping out your Mom.
Kenneth - I know you were hoping for just a tad of the white stuff.
Glenn - You're North of both Greg & Jeff so all of you have time to enjoy the remaining winter wonderland.
Dan - I can understand your friends capability to speak five languages - Ukraine itself is (no disrespect) a true hodgepodge (melting pot) of languages with Russian roots and both Polish & Slavic influences.

Quite windy here today. Golf was mediocre. I've begun assembling a new wiring harness (more or less) for the courtesy lamps, instrument panel lamps, etc. with proper terminals, connectors all color coded. Temperature wise it's been quite pleasant, much like an early spring. Temperatures will fall again over the weekend & I'll have to cover the Hydrangeas once again. My white Forsythia buds are really pushing out now, I can begin to see thousands of Azalea buds just beginning to develop. Both Daffodils & Jonquils are in full bloom, Camelias are still blooming, a Spring Beauty has flowered in the past four days, the centipede grass has begun to green up ever so slightly & the Rosemary bushes have many purple flowers. I'm looking forward to getting in more hours with the wiring harness over the weekend.
Old February 26th, 2022, 04:54 AM

Got the heat on in the shop. Hoping to make some big steps forward today

we bought this place a year and a half ago
there’s a big field outback that had been over farmed and under taken care of. It was so rough that you can’t get our big bada$$ mower over it. So the wife and I planted about 850 saplings in the field. Cypress, sweet gum, tulip poplars and sycamores I added a few expensive specialty trees out there for fun. (Cottonwoods and **** bark hickory )

the front of the property near the street we invested in larger trees and planted them; Maples and cherries etc. well we bought a 10 foot tall weeping willow but the trunk is makybe 1.25” diameter. It has folded over in the wind and ice two or three times. I came home yesterday and it had done it again in the same spot. And now that spot is deformed and soft.

I doubt it will make it but I hope it pulls through

Inhope to have some good pics by Sunday to update my build thread.
have a good morning
Old February 26th, 2022, 06:19 AM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Beautiful out and chilly. Not going to break any records today, but the sun is out and that helps.

Norm there's a few I'd fire if I could. Sarcastic, lazy, and I dare say detrimental to the operation. There's a few that would be damn good workers, but have been corrupted by the clowns, almost hypnotized it seems. Eh, not my problem. I do 8, then I skate.

Matt a Willow can be a pretty tree, but you have to be careful what you wish for. In the neighborhood where I grew up(the whole town was a swamp) there were some low spots in the back yards, and the neighbor behind us and the one beside us planted Weeping Willows because they are good for soaking up water. When we first moved in they were decent trees and kept the standing water away. Twenty some years later they were overgrown behemoths that shed those spindly little branches and had big roots coming out of the ground. Our high school had a lagoon and WWs were planted all around it. They actually made that mudhole look nice. Very graceful swaying in the breeze.

Jamesbo how did the housekeeper do with surgery? Was this to remove the cancer or to help with the consequences? Too bad about the husband.

I got my paint yesterday and that is the project for the day. I got a light seafoam green, that looks like the mint in the middle of Andes Candies. It is going over a medium green that matches the 383 green of the Deuce. I hope 2 gallons is enough.

Okay this isn't getting anything done. Not sure when my Mom is going to be here so I need to get as much done as I can. I think it will be a busy spring and summer.

Peace

Old February 26th, 2022, 06:34 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Hopefully you folks are far enough away from the conflict that you won't be directly affected! Hang in there! Unfortunately, we are all going to be affected in one way or another in the long run.
Posting a pm Chris.
Old February 26th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Running On Empty

The wind is ~15mph - gusting ~20mph - 25mph as this cold front overtakes the current warm air mass. The temperature is ~44°F, wind-chill ~39°F. Wind is supposed to die down after ~6:00PM to ~8mph - 9mph w/ overnight low ~40°F - most likely limited chance of a freeze but tomorrow it's supposed to rain almost all day with a high temperature of ~45°. Sunday & Monday night there's a decent chance of a freeze accounting for wind-chill factor to ~31°F. Since it's going to rain throughout the day tomorrow, I don't fancy covering the Hydrangeas during the rain; therefore, I covered them up (again) today. They most likely won't get uncovered until late Tuesday afternoon sometime. Hydrangeas are very sensitive to freezing. A freeze won't kill the plant(s), the vegetative stalk(s) & roots continue to grow throughout the summer months, but a freeze will kill the buds and flower development will not occur. I've had this happen several times in the past 21 years - no flowers & only vegetative growth. It takes me awhile to cover them all up, but hey - if I want to ensure flowers, that's what I need to do. They're quite showy when they're in bloom & properly taken care of, but when you border their temperate zone for growth they can be a handful to maintain. You can get them to change colors (planting the correct variety/hybrid) by changing soil pH which I've done in the past with several other clumps - right now I just want them to bloom.

Stock Photo - Internet

Stock Photo - Internet