The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2022, 03:58 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Like I said, JMO, just think he should have easily seen the RESET had been tripped. Picking my battles is not an art I have mastered yet, still a work in progress!
"If" he knew what he was looking for. There are a gazillion dishwashers out there. He was kind of a young buck, "appeared" to know what he was doing. I guess someone has to pay for their "OTJ training".

I was thinking of Greg the entire time he was here.
Old March 8th, 2022, 04:46 PM

Hi guys,
Crazy day yesterday. Got a text from my oldest daughter around noon yesterday saying her son Ollie had fallen hard at daycare (on-site at the hospital she works at), and he had split his forehead open in 2 places, and she was headed to the emergency room at St. Louis Children's hospital, which is only a couple blocks from her hospital. My wife and I jumped in the car and headed up there knowing she would have her hands full because she had to take Ollie's 1-year old sister Anna along with her. Dad was not available because he was on his 48-hour shift at the fire department, and was actually out at a fire when all this was going on. We ended up being there about 5-hours, mainly watching the baby. They were able to close Ollie's 2 lacerations with superglue vs. sutures which was good, but they wanted to keep him for observation for a few hours to make sure there were no signs/symptoms of a possible concussion, which thankfully there wasn't. AiYiYi!

Also heard yesterday that my wife's surgery has been scheduled for March 22nd, which will be an all day event, but she will be able to come home after coming out of the recovery unit.

Got up late this morning after all the excitement yesterday, and spent a good part of the morning and early afternoon doing bills and reconciling medical bills. I've had all the fun I can stand for one day! Hope you all had a great one!
Old March 8th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Running On Empty

...Ollie had fallen hard at daycare...
Growing pains. My Mom used to cut-out coupons - for everything - always grocery store items, but many other items, as well. She saved S&H Green Stamps & had books filled with stamps. I got a kick out of watching here trade them in on something. She also saved some type of other "stamps" or whatever from the grocery store - the type of stamps or coupons or whatever where you could redeem them for a set of tableware/dinnerware of some type - knives, forks, spoons, saucers, plates, bowls, serving trays, pots/pans cooking ware, etc.

Back to growing pains. She sends off for some spiffy steak knives, they arrive in the mail, I'm 7 or 8 years old & only too eager to open them for her and see what's inside. As she watches me open them I jam the pointed end of a knife into my hand (not completely through the hand but almost complete through my hand). Now, she's screeching like a screech owl and we're on our way to the Emergency Room for ~12 stitches - I still have that growing pain.
Old March 8th, 2022, 05:03 PM
Always room for one more

Rain. Tiger wants to go out but then won't go off the porch. We've been getting thunder and lightning. Wow.

I figured out why my gas bill is so ridiculous. I'm paying 1.57 per therm. The other house I'm paying .73 per therm because it's got a 6 month contract. This house is not on a contract because I thought I was going to sell it and cancel before the 6 months. Otherwise the bill would have been about 100, which is typical.

Norm, I had to say something.

I'm hitting the sack. Oh, I think it's quit raining for a minute, so I'll see if I can Tiger to go out. Oy. Onward Hump Day.

Old March 8th, 2022, 05:07 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm, I had to say something.
Mike - Understand. You should have said lavender. Mom's that age love lavender for some reason.
Old March 8th, 2022, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Back to growing pains. She sends off for some spiffy steak knives, they arrive in the mail, I'm 7 or 8 years old & only too eager to open them for her and see what's inside. As she watches me open them I jam the pointed end of a knife into my hand (not completely through the hand but almost complete through my hand). Now, she's screeching like a screech owl and we're on our way to the Emergency Room for ~12 stitches - I still have that growing pain.
Norm - We all have our stories about "growing pains" I'm sure. I had several stitches in my forehead from a fall into a table, several in my hand from a jack-o-lantern carving event, and several in my foot from jumping into a lake that had broken glass in the water where we were putting our boat in.
Old March 8th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Running On Empty

Norm - We all have our stories about "growing pains" I'm sure. I had several stitches in my forehead from a fall into a table, several in my hand from a jack-o-lantern carving event, and several in my foot from jumping into a lake that had broken glass in the water where we were putting our boat in.
Did Taylor "freak out"? She's a nurse I think you said, but still a Mom often freaks out just because it's her child.
Old March 8th, 2022, 05:58 PM

Did Taylor "freak out"? She's a nurse I think you said, but still a Mom often freaks out just because it's her child.
Norm - You remember correctly that she is a nurse. She was calm by the time we got to the hospital, probably because she could tell it wasn't all that bad as long as he didn't have a concussion. I'm sure she was probably frantic when she got the initial call from the daycare. I'm also sure her experience and training as a nurse helped her maintain her composure to a great degree. She works in oncology, and unfortunately sees patients code and pass away all the time. I'm sure glad there are special women and men who can care for the very ill and withstand the emotional trauma of seeing their patients pass while under their care. They are our "better angels"!
Old March 8th, 2022, 06:22 PM
Running On Empty

Here's an angel (of mercy) permitted in several states. If anyone is interested in listening to or reading more. I listened to it on NPR this afternoon.

After an Alzheimer's diagnosis, her husband asked for help to die with dignity.

Old March 9th, 2022, 03:30 AM

Chris, Glad the little fella is OK. for some reason, the bone behind my eyebrow is sharp. I've fallen [football, ice skating concrete] and layed it wide open 4 times probably have over 100 stiches in my head

I wish at least one of my mishaps had been a little more exciting Like 'Falling off my polo pony. But it's not in the cards for me. Just the other day, I was slinging a jumper cable over the fence to where my truck was parked and it caught on something and bruised my whole hand

Military Mike,

Do you have any idear WTH the canvas piece is on the front of this 'Museum quality" M 38 A 1?

Edit, Never mind. It's a cold weather grill cover. I would guess to restrict air flow to the rad

raining like a cow on a flat rock down ere
Old March 9th, 2022, 04:17 AM

Chris, looks like Ollie is on the mend. Poor little guy...
Norm, It seems the guy would have known about the reset and at least tried it, probably he didn't have a clue. He probably found or was told that if a appliance has a problem you can't physically see it prolly is the control board, and usually that is correct. I had went to appliance calls ( not on a dish washer) and found resets tripped. I would reset them and see if ran then. Then let run a while and if it tripped again looked for cause. If it stayed running I would tell customer I got it going again but didn't fix anything. If it was on the Appliance Service plan I would order new parts and return later. If a customer pay job, I would give customer the choice to try it for a while as is or order part at his cost. Maybe 25 % of the time I would never hear back so I guessed it was working Ok But usually if something trips it's for a reason. Ya got nothing to lose to try it for a while...
Old March 9th, 2022, 04:33 AM

Here's an angel (of mercy) permitted in several states. If anyone is interested in listening to or reading more. I listened to it on NPR this afternoon.

After an Alzheimer's diagnosis, her husband asked for help to die with dignity.
Norm - Sad, but something to really consider. I would never want to be a burden to my loved one's, or have them watch me deteriorate into someone who doesn't even know who they are.
Old March 9th, 2022, 04:35 AM

James and Greg - Thanks for the kind comments on Ollie, much appreciated!
Old March 9th, 2022, 06:24 AM

Norm, My money says, It tripped for a reason and will trip again

After college, I moved into this fancy apartment complex that an 18 hole [short] golf course. It was single living at it's best until the tornado of 75.. Anyway, The hot water heater would trip, I'd call maintenance, he'd come over reset it and it would trip again. Got to the point I would reset it every night so I wouldn't have ta take a cold shower in the morning
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:13 AM
GCH

Hi , anybody here who have the e-mail to this company : usedsmallenginedepot on eBay
I rebuilding a chain saw and they have a part that i need , ebay says they don´t ship overseas
and have tried to ask the company thru Ebay but maybe it would be better to try ask them directly
instead. Ebay don´t agree that i post an e-mail adress in the contact field.
The part and company ( ? ) should be located in Apex North Carolina.
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Hi , anybody here who have the e-mail to this company : usedsmallenginedepot on eBay
I rebuilding a chain saw and they have a part that i need , ebay says they don´t ship overseas
and have tried to ask the company thru Ebay but maybe it would be better to try ask them directly
instead. Ebay don´t agree that i post an e-mail adress in the contact field.
The part and company ( ? ) should be located in Apex North Carolina.
Glenn - I don't see that they have a regular website, but do have a Facebook page, which I don't have access to because I'm not on Facebook. They may have contact information (phone or email) on their Facebook page if you guys are on Facebook. Here is a link to their Facebook page.
Facebook Post
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:36 AM

Glenn - Sorry, when trying to post the link to their Facebook page, that notice was inserted. Maybe Norm will be able to help when he sees your request, and what happened when I tried to post the link.
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:38 AM
GCH

Glenn - I don't see that they have a regular website, but do have a Facebook page, which I don't have access to because I'm not on Facebook. They may have contact information (phone or email) on their Facebook page if you guys are on Facebook. Here is a link to their Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/pages/categor...0926215166436/
Thanks Chris , i don´t have Facebook either but my wife have , she maybe can post a message.

PS the link worked here
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Thanks Chris , i don´t have Facebook either but my wife have , she maybe can post a message.

PS the link worked here
Glenn - That's great, glad the link posted and worked on your end! Hope you're able to find the part you need!
Old March 9th, 2022, 07:53 AM
Jeff

Not that I have a large amount of experience with appliance circuit boards, but I've never seen a reset switch on one before. Older machine, I think you mentioned it's pushing 20 years old, he probably wasn't familiar with the schematic. Hell, I'd send the guy a text or give him a call and let him know about the hidden reset switch, most guys would be appreciative for the extra knowledge to do their jobs better. Nobody is perfect.

I had my son's '08 Equinox with the 3.6 repaired last week. New timing chain set, big job... drop the engine out to do it, $2500. Next day, damn thing jumped timing and I had them pick it back up. Still no word on what's going on, so I'll be calling again this afternoon. Worst used car purchase EVER. Ugh. No sense in yelling at the shop, they sure didn't want it to come back, because now this is costing them money, too.

Told the wife that I'm going to stop sweating the small stuff. Stop complaining over stuff out of my control (like bad drivers, that really bugs her when I do that).
Old March 9th, 2022, 09:02 AM

Weezer, Yep I agree. It beats the heck out of sitting on the concrete floor of a train station with nothing your cat not knowing if your house and everyone you love could be blow to bits any second
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:04 AM
Running On Empty

40/39
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, Glad the little fella is OK. for some reason, the bone behind my eyebrow is sharp. I've fallen [football, ice skating concrete] and layed it wide open 4 times probably have over 100 stiches in my head

I wish at least one of my mishaps had been a little more exciting Like 'Falling off my polo pony. But it's not in the cards for me. Just the other day, I was slinging a jumper cable over the fence to where my truck was parked and it caught on something and bruised my whole hand

Military Mike,

Do you have any idear WTH the canvas piece is on the front of this 'Museum quality" M 38 A 1?

Edit, Never mind. It's a cold weather grill cover. I would guess to restrict air flow to the rad

raining like a cow on a flat rock down ere
Yeah, you're a Southern man and stayed there. That's exactly what it is. Korea could be cold.
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Running On Empty

Y'all don't know this because I didn't mention it to any of y'all; but, I did send an e-mail to the certified Kitchenaid appliance dealership yesterday (before I posted here) with the pictures I displayed for y'all here. This (below) is the e-mail I sent to the owner of the appliance shop.

Aaron your technician was at my home this afternoon to diagnose my Model KUDM01TJBT0.

After Aaron left I thought to either (1) purchase a new dishwasher or (2) find a control board to replace the current control board (which is no longer available).

I removed the upper panel to remove the control board, as Aaron did when reviewing/diagnosing the issue. I removed the control board to get the original Kitchenaid/Whirlpool control board part #.

When I was removing the connectors and terminals it became apparent to me there is a (more or less, but quite obvious) white reset pin (attached images) inside the control power supply. It's part of the wiring harness that connects the control board to the heating element. The TCO switch has a “reset” button. I believe TCO refers to Thermal Cut Off (TCO).

I reset the TCO “reset” button & the dishwasher is working perfectly. Now, if it happens again, I’ll know the suspect and it may lead to another faulty issue. But, for now – the dishwasher is working perfectly.

Best Regards,

Norman Geltz
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:16 AM
Running On Empty

After golf today I received a phone call from the owner (Josh) of the appliance repair shop & we had a nice conversation. He told me it was the door handle which tripped the breaker switch in the door. It was very nice of him to return the call although I wasn't expecting anyone to follow-up w/ me. I told him listen I'm not disappointed, pissed or annoyed with anyone I only wanted to follow-up with you guys since I know Aaron (the technician) is new to his employment, but he does have some good experience. With that said, Josh (the owner) said since I had already paid for the service call and there may the likelihood the door handle &/or switch is going bad, just call them back and they'll take care of it for me no charge. Their shop is ~20 miles down the road; so, I think it turned out pretty good.
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:23 AM

40/39
Nice round! Now who was it that foresaw several rounds in the 70's for you this Spring???
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Running On Empty

Jeff - A guy I play golf with owned a 2011 Equinox until last week when he gave it to the local community college as a freebie. Last year he couldn't get it started. I found the parasitic draw for him in the security system, but it required him to remove one of the under hood fuses each time they were done driving the car so it wouldn't discharge overnight. The parasitic draw was further downstream in the security system and I wasn't about to troubleshoot it any further. They lived with that for the past year, basically they were only using the car to take their dogs down to the beach for a run each morning. I did have a decent look through the chassis, frame & body though - it was nearly rotted through with rust everywhere I looked - I'm sure a HUGE ground issue on the entire car, definitely no worth my "free" time to troubleshoot that mess.
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Running On Empty

Nice round! Now who was it that foresaw several rounds in the 70's for you this Spring???
Indeed, I'm now trending in a positive direction (I'm one-for-one).
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:31 AM

Nice Round Norm.
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:32 AM
Running On Empty

Glenn - The guys name is Travis Preston (owner) - Used Small Engine Depot, Apex, NC

Telephone:
(724) 996-7304
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:34 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Nice Round Norm.
Tanks!
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:04 AM
GCH

Glenn - The guys name is Travis Preston (owner) - Used Small Engine Depot, Apex, NC

Telephone:
(724) 996-7304
Thanks Norm , but is much easier to write than speak your language.
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by GCH
Glenn - Ah, right. OK. Hell, I'll call the guy for you and see if I can get an email address from him.
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Running On Empty

Glenn - Here's the deal. You could have, and you still can contact the seller, Used Small Engine Depot, on eBay (just click on Contact Seller); however, this is the catch - you CANNOT discuss International shipping and you cannot provide your own e-mail address in correspondence.
I called Travis Preston (owner of Used Small Engine Depot) on your behalf - he is a very nice person & understands.

What he needs to know is the exact part number you need. You must pay for the International shipping - I'm sure you know this.

Here is his e-maill address: usedsmallenginedepot@gmail.com

Old March 9th, 2022, 11:19 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by GCH
That;s easy fer you to say [type]
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:20 AM
GCH

Glenn - Ah, right. OK. Hell, I'll call the guy for you and see if I can get an email address from him.
That would be very nice Norm , was thinking to ask
if he could ship the item overses , thanks.
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Running On Empty

Glenn - Har du allt du behöver för att kontakta säljaren nu?
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:40 AM
GCH

Glenn - Har du allt du behöver för att kontakta säljaren nu?
Ja nu har jag det jag behöver , verkligen snällt tack så mycket Norm.

Very nice Norm , thank you so much. Yes i have everyting that i need .I should e mail him immediately

Regards Glenn

Ps have mailed him

Last edited by GCH; March 9th, 2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old March 9th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by GCH
Ja nu har jag det jag behöver , verkligen snällt tack så mycket Norm.

Very nice Norm , thank you so much. Yes i have everyting that i need .I should e mail him immediately

Regards Glenn
Mycket bra
Old March 9th, 2022, 12:55 PM

Jeff - A guy I play golf with owned a 2011 Equinox until last week when he gave it to the local community college as a freebie. Last year he couldn't get it started. I found the parasitic draw for him in the security system, but it required him to remove one of the under hood fuses each time they were done driving the car so it wouldn't discharge overnight. The parasitic draw was further downstream in the security system and I wasn't about to troubleshoot it any further. They lived with that for the past year, basically they were only using the car to take their dogs down to the beach for a run each morning. I did have a decent look through the chassis, frame & body though - it was nearly rotted through with rust everywhere I looked - I'm sure a HUGE ground issue on the entire car, definitely no worth my "free" time to troubleshoot that mess.
For trivial knowledge, Toyota does a ton of things to delay chassis rust, and I think the others do it too. Every steel part is painted, sometimes heavily, and, once assembled, this stuff called frame wax is stuck into a bolt access hole (where you can put a bolt through the bottom of the frame, then bolt through the top of the frame to the car, and it's a big liquid spray that dries to a wax inside the frame. Then, whenever a TM has spare seconds, they are putting either rubber hole plugs, or thick black plastic stickers to cover all access holes in the frame or body. These aren't intended to live forever, but maybe they will buy another five years before rust starts inside the frame.