The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2016, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Inline, show us a pic of the wheels that you ordered.
Im a profet, i was sure someone has asked this while im on sauna.

Well, these they are:

Cragar Keystone Klassics. 15x7 front, 15x8 rear. The thing is, i wanted some classic wheels with history, no modern style-wheels. That outlined alot wheels. And 15"s, its maybe just me but i want to see some rubber on wheel on old american cars, so that outlined >15" wheels. Torq thrusts were outlined from very beginning, since half the cars you see there has them.
The final decision was just between cragar s/s and keystones.

Lets hope they look as good as in my visions under the car. Now im looking either RWL tires or red-line tires for it.
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:23 AM

The Keystone Classic, long a staple in the car world over here, nice.
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:30 AM

Thanks. Personnaly ive never seen these on Finland, as i remember. I even did go through few very picture and car-heavy cruising albums, and didnt see a hint of these on them.

Oh well, i think and believe i also own Finlands only 76 Cutlass S with 442 option package. Actually, i think i have even the only 76 Cutlass S.
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all....
Just had a good little shower, so that might keep the temps down a tad. Wishing the same for you, Jamesbo & Mike. Sorry about the garden, Jamesbo. In all honestly, I used to grow me some veggies before Katrina (mostly 'maters and peppers); but after a couple utter failures, and given we have a couple great produce stands here in Tangi, it ain't worth it to me. It's all I can do to keep the lawn mowed and the edges trimmed. I have a little tiller I haven't used in years.

If that's an unretouched picture of Helen, Lord save us. Jamesbo, is that the Hiwassee River that runs thru it and they all tube on? I've always been pretty amazed how they manage to keep the town spelled one way and the river, another.

Also, we did have some geniuses up here who were setting off blockbuster fireworks until well after midnight the night of the 4th. Last night I heard some until around 11. Pretty sad folks really think so little of their neighbors. But out of sight, out of mind. They're on 5 acres, so they must figure nobody else can hear their Howitzer-like explosions. Here's a good case of "#teeth = I.Q." (I'm sure God'll get me for that one.)

Clint, this ain't sayin' much considering the source (me!), but I've always had a soft spot for '67s. When I worked at the In 'n' Out Car Wash in N.O. in '72, a hippie-type young fella from Rice U. was working there that summer with me, and he had a '67 442 4-speed drop top he rode me home in a couple times. I was fairly smitten (by the car, that is....) BTW, another young guy there had a '69 blue SS396 coupe I drooled all over at the time. I often wonder how he afforded that car on our $1.50/hr. salary -- although SuperShell 100 octane was still 38 cents a gallon.

Inline, if you're going to go aftermarket, I like your choice.

Lord rest our friend, Sandy. I have to admit, it seems like a long time ago.

Whelpt, y'all have a great Humpity, Olds amigos.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 6th, 2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old July 6th, 2016, 11:10 AM

Theres no actual "need" to go aftermarket. I just need 2 sets of wheels, since im planning to drive at our winter meetings too, and occasionally on dry and cold winter-days. Since they do not use salt at our city-streets.

Well, good night, long two days coming, ill read what you have wrote during the week at friday.
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:16 AM

Mawn'in

John,

Dat's de Chattahoochee Before it winds its way down to Hotlanta,

If ya had gone to gramar school ere, Ya know Sydney Lanier's poem

"Out of the hillls of Habersham, Down the valley of Hall, I hurry a main to reach the plain, run the rapids and leap the fall"

Course dat's White County but Sydney was better at poetry than Geography.

"Helen, where ya go on vacation and leave on probation " They got one bad a$$ DUI reputation.

Speaking of Sydney Lanier. In D C each state has to statues in the capitol. Do any of ya'll know whose statue is from your state? Ours[ Gawga] are Sydney Lanier and Crawford Long/ Wanta Play ?

GTG Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:32 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, 'Jack' Swigart, and Flo Sabin.

Inline, Those Klassic's will be period correct for the '76.ll available.

John, It was really surprising, when we were leaving RMNP coming up the hill was a 67 Cutlass vert.

Fireworks are still popping, and only down to about 70 this morning, not gonna be able to get the house cooled off as much as I want.

Have a Thursday all.
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Captain Starfire

I have to admit, I have no clue whose statues LA has in DC. I'd like to play, but I'd lose my **** to the likes of Jamesbo & Clint.

Headed to S. Shore w/Better Half today so's she don't have to park in da' CBD whilst she visits her place of employment for a few hours. Dat's what it amounts to for me, but since I rarely accomplish anything earth-shaking these days anyhoots, I consider it time well spent. Will try & squeeze in a visit to Aunt Carmy while I'm at it.

Lookin' a bit overcast, but they're still predictin' "feels like" temps of 105-110 F. Not for the faint of heart.

Y'all have a cool one, Olds buds.
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:22 AM

Jamesbo, I'm gonna guess Father Pere Marquette, but I really don't know. Edit: it's Lewis Cass, hmm, all I knew about him is that there was a county named for him.

Last edited by 1969w3155; July 7th, 2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Saw a guy at the Awful house I hadn't seen in awhile, so talked with him for a long time. That's okay, I hadn't planned anything for today because it's supposed to rain again.

Jamesbo that's interesting about Sydney Lanier, considering he's from Alabama. I had to look up Illinois. It's James Shields and Frances E. Willard. No clue who they were. Of course we're called "The Land of Lincoln" and Lincoln was from Kentucky.

I don't know you guys, my whole neighborhood must be on vacation somewhere. Precious little fireworks the whole weekend. And there's plenty of places to get them, pretty much every parking lot had a place set up.

Those Keystones were popular right around when I got my first car. Another wheel that was popular were wagon wheels. I believe they were Keystone as well.

And speaking of wheels, I might go see if I can find some tires for the new Cutlass today. Plan A is to find white wall tires in the size I want, I hope you're right Dan, and plan B is if I can't, then I'll get the Cutlass wheels off the wagon and take them to be painted and then get London's Hercules SP4000's. Not sure what to hope for more. The tires on there now look pretty good and they're only 13 years old. Gonna get new ones anyway.

Alright, gotta do something, not sure what. Work tomorrow so today has to count, especially after doing basically nothing yesterday. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old July 7th, 2016, 10:10 AM

Mike, Maybe that's why Ga and Ala have been fighting fer years over the water coming down the Hooch from his lake [Lanier]
Old July 7th, 2016, 10:34 AM

Mike, if you have any problems getting those tires in a whitewall, just order them from the Tire Rack, low prices and fast delivery.
Old July 8th, 2016, 04:05 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The chaos continues. Hope the families can find peace.

Have a Friday all.
Old July 8th, 2016, 06:35 AM

Mawn'in

Yep, looks like the inmates have taken over the asylum
Old July 8th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Good evening. Weeks over. Next week, 2 nights. Gah. Were just getting to speed. Actually im starting to wait now its start to get quieter, ive already earned and bought everything i wanted this year, so now its pretty same how much do i earn for rest of the season.

Went to help my grandma move to new house. Grandpa sadly got hearth stroke, but on the happy side hes okay now and they take care of him at hospital. Too bad i cant visit him during visiting hours due to works.. Well, got to go see him straight away when he gets back home.

Tomorrow Lahti Cruising, going to visit there.

Well, to eat, beer and sauna. Then to sleep. Somehow, feeling really old and tired..

Well, have a nice weekend everyone!

Last edited by Inline; July 8th, 2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old July 8th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sunny and hot. Can't get enough of this. Didn't get much done yesterday, but I did get mowed and a friend came over and helped me finish up the Cadillac. I'm going to take it to work tonight.

I could have guessed we'd have some other tragedy. Takes our minds off other things...

Since the big lake in the state has to be named after a poet, I'm going to petition that it be renamed Lake Hardman.

So I was almost convinced to get some 15" rims for the new Cutlass and get bigger tires. I certainly would have a better choice of tires. But alas, I'd have to scour the junkyard(like that's a hardship) for rims and then have them blasted and painted. I saw a picture of a 4 door on ebay that had white letters and Cutlass rims. It looked really nice so I think I'll have my Cutlass rims painted and go that route. And if it looks bad then I'll do something different. But my indecision has kept me from getting tires this week. Oh well.

Work tonight. First of four. I had heard when I first started in the department that we were going to have a mid-year bid, which I thought was fine because I could have gotten better days off. Well no word as to that, and time is slipping away for it to even be feasible. So I'm guessing we aren't having a mid year bid and I'll have these days until the end of the year. That's okay, it isn't fair to the guys who bid in January to get bumped out of their good days. I can handle it.

Well have a good Thursday night everyone.
Old July 8th, 2016, 03:51 PM

Mike, I've got sum super rare 15" SS II bolt on center caps [sans center caps and trim ring] I might was gonna put them on my drop top but I might swap ya fer an Amphicar [or sum other junque]

The Vista has 15 " SS II with bolt on centers on it so if ya wanta try them on one of your cars, jes come over and jack de sucker up [I've got jack stands] while ya whirl around the block
Old July 9th, 2016, 05:22 AM

Mike, Check the compas in that Delta plane that couldn't find the right airport

I think it's messed up

GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 9th, 2016, 08:09 AM

Hello.

Wasnt so nice day at all. Grandfather did pass away against all odds early today.. At age of 75. Well, many cant say they were married 54 years. Im just sad i couldnt see him one last time. Thanks for god at he just slept away.

But, have a nice evening everyone. I go to heat sauna, will pass that cruising, it wouldnt be fun now.
Old July 9th, 2016, 09:06 AM

Inline, my condolences to you and your family on your loss.
Old July 9th, 2016, 09:08 AM

Mike, Check the compass in that Delta plane that couldn't find the right airport
The pilot didn't have his wife with him, telling him to "turn here".
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:28 AM

Inline my condolences. I know how it feels. My mother in law lost her fight earlier on this morning and I'm now at the airport waiting for my flight to Tenerife. The Spanish do things really quickly and the funeral is midday tomorrow so you have to drop everything and be ready to go.

Anyway hope you all have a safe weekend.
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM

London, I am sorry for your loss.
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:42 AM

Thank you.

And im really sad to give my condolences to you, LondonCutlass. What a sad weekend here..
Old July 9th, 2016, 01:04 PM

My sympathies to those who lost people. It's a part of life, but that doesn't make it easy.
Old July 9th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

London and Inline I'm so sorry your losses.

Jamesbo I think changing out the nut behind the wheel will do wonders for the problem.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to stick to my plan. Besides, do you know how much work is involved in changing 16 tires? Not to mention getting two cars up on jacks and back down.

That's funny, Dan, Douglas Aircraft used a woman's voice for the alert function. Gear not down, engine fire, etc. They said a man is more apt to respond to a woman during an emergency than another man. Do you know what the voice's name is? Bitchin' Betty.

Night 2. Last night was okay. We're experiencing a shortage of trucks, so another guy and I rode together and just pooled our work. Instead of his plane and my plane, we both worked on all the planes. We have a good time together, makes the night a little easier.

Okay gonna get to it. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:35 PM

Good Morning everyone.
Should be sunny day, so homeworks are on the list.

Bitchin Betty, what a name for a voice.. That name and the planes youre working at brings pin-ups painted on planes on ww2 to my mind. I actually search them now and then, there was some pretty cool and good ones.
Old July 9th, 2016, 11:45 PM

Oh, By the way i still did yesterday visit that LahtiCruising just to see what cars were there, and left.

If someones interested, heres picture album from it again.

https://cruisingnight.fi/index.php?v...ery&Itemid=152
Old July 10th, 2016, 01:18 AM

Why wheel ads arent anymore like this?? Beautiful.

Old July 10th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Inline and London, I share in your sadness. My condolences to you both.
Old July 10th, 2016, 11:11 AM

Inline, London, So sorry for your loss
Old July 10th, 2016, 12:08 PM

Hello, and thank you.

Weekends over. Something good still. I, by mistake found i have the original am/fm 8-track at place, i hit the face of my radio by mistake with screwdriver when i took out the panel surrounding radio and heater control to re-assemble it better. How i felt stupid when ive been sure i didnt have it anymore. I had looked some old brochures where the 8-track player was separate unit under radio. Couldnt guess that my radios face turns inside of radio to take the casette. Doh.. Great news, i had a bunch of old 8-track casettes and it works flawelessly!! Made me happy.

Also ordered Cooper Cobra GT Radials to my wheels. I kinda wanted BFG's but coudlnt justify almost 200$ difference at same sizes for just a different text at sidewall, especially given from what ive read and heard, theyre equally crap tires compared to modern technology tires.
Hope to get them under my car for next weekend, there are then one of biggest old car meetings on scandinavia.
Old July 10th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Chalk up yet another glorious day. Hope it sticks around for my days off this week.

Nothing much new. Work was busy last night, nary a moment to myself. Tonight should be about the same.

Hope the week starts out good for everyone.
Old July 11th, 2016, 12:11 AM

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.
Got off the flight at 2am this morning and after 3 hours sleep I'm at work which was unavoidable this morning.

Missed a car show in love going to on Sunday which was a bummer especially after spending 4 hours in the week prepping the car. At least there is another one this week which is only for American cars. We normally get at least five hundred cars so it's worth going.

Weather here is changeable in the extreme rain sun rain sun repeat.

Have a great week Oldsfriends
Old July 11th, 2016, 03:34 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London and Inline, My sympathies.

Right at about 100F yesterday. spent the day in the garage working on race quads and her dirtbike. Didn't get enough done. I still need to adjust the valves on my quad before next Sunday. Woke up at about 1:00 this morning. tossed around til 3 and said screw it and got up.

Have a Monday all.
Old July 11th, 2016, 04:11 AM

Welp, Tis Monday amd now grass to cut [it isn't growing w/o water] So I guess I'll go smacky whitey around

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old July 11th, 2016, 08:05 AM

Morning, thundershowers rolling through since about 6 am, the rain is needed, as it has been dry, of course the grass will need cutting in a couple of days because of it. Heat & humidity to follow.
Old July 11th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi from work again.

We got some rain a little before it was time to leave, and in typical fashion the power went out. Now, this wasn't a tree falling on lines or a transformer going out, this was the power surging and flickering for a half hour beforehand. Every time it rains it's something different.

So I almost stayed home from work. With the power out that means the AC isn't on, and the dogs are stuck in a stuffy room with no air. Of course they could have stayed in the house but with no power the hard-wired smoke detectors beep and it freaks them out. Ug. And the idiots out driving in the rain, it never ends... Okay that's all the ranting.

Hope whitey got it good today Jamesbo.

Well gotta get to work. Remind me to ask about a weird thing with the Cadillac. Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 11th, 2016, 07:38 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Got home from vacation yesterday and I'm trying to get caught up on everything. Spent 4 days in Colonial Williamsburg at the Riviera show and then onto Florida for another 8. Family and I had a lot of fun.

Drove the Silverado and averaged 21 mpg, over 2,200 miles back and forth. Not bad gas mileage considering all the crap in the back and 4 people. We did the drive home without stopping, we left at 7am and got home at 4am the next day. Not bad travel time, especially with kids. I'll have to post some pictures soon, I need to upload them.

Inline/London - my condolences to you and your families. I'm very sorry for your losses.

Mike - I like the Olds wheels that are painted body color. Just looks better IMHO.

Have a good night all.
Old July 12th, 2016, 02:48 AM

Mike, What's the wierd the with the Cadarac?

That was easy