they now repop the complete console set up

Old January 3rd, 2023, 08:07 AM

Wow

Wow thank you
Old January 3rd, 2023, 10:34 AM
Justin

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
Wow thank you

no problem. they did have the box plate as well, but couldn’t find it last night not sure if they removed it due to supply or if I just over looked it.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 11:28 AM

Do I remember correctly that the top plate repro is made from plastic and not metal?
Old January 3rd, 2023, 11:47 AM
Justin

Originally Posted by Tri-Carb
Do I remember correctly that the top plate repro is made from plastic and not metal?
yes you are correct the material is ABS
Old January 4th, 2023, 05:37 AM

Yes abs I didn’t see the other plate either which doesn’t make sense, still I’m seeing consoles on eBay for 2 grand lol wow
Old January 29th, 2023, 08:42 PM

light show is over, time to get crack a lacking. lol i bought a rochestor 4gc from a local guy that matches my car date wise, sent it off to Ken at Everyday performance to rebuild, calibrate and tune to my intake and cam, and have chromate plated. i have been buying parts since december so that when the carb does come back in 3-5 weeks, i will be ready to start the car for the first time in 30 years. i tore down my steering column and distributor this weekend. some one put the wrong thread type but on the steering wheel. when i removed the bolt, it took the threads with it. i also noticed a groove in the shaft itself wear the lower bearing rides. not sure if the groove is factory or not. i can have the shaft cut down and new threads for the steering wheel, it's the groove in the shaft where the bearing rides that i'm a little concerned with. oh well, things should start moving pretty fast over the next 3 months. goal is to at least have the car drive able by the time the weather in northern Ky breaks, which is usually April. we'll see.

Last edited by 65droptop; January 30th, 2023 at 10:32 AM.
Old March 8th, 2023, 12:32 PM

Any updates?

Just checking in to make sure I didn’t miss anything lol
Old March 15th, 2023, 10:19 PM

Just checking in to make sure I didn’t miss anything lol
i've been slacking to start off this year Eddie, lazy by my standards. lol. after working the light show everyday for 6 months, i don't do much in february once it's all put away. i have been doing more this week than the last few. i have been buying parts and i am 80% complete on the parts list. i will get some pictures of the carburetor after rebuild, i have a really, really nice steering wheel i bought from Peter. i sent my bumpers off to get re-chromed but the guy in tennessee doesn't want to mess with the big rust hole in the front, so he thinks he has a core that is in better shape than the one i sent him. i have been finishing up the wheel wells to get it ready to go back on the frame for the last time. once i get it on the frame. i am probably about 10 hours of work away from being able to do that so it won't be long. the goal of actually getting to drive it this summer is still a real possibility.
Old March 16th, 2023, 06:45 AM

I hear you

Man I hear you ! Lol great job on parts it’s tough to balance real life and our hobby, glad your back on it ohhh if you look up slacker in the dictionary that’s my picture not yours lol
Old March 22nd, 2023, 02:42 PM

ok, been a while since i have updated anything on the build. i've been kinda slacking this year, but i am starting to get moving. i have 95% of the parts i need to get the engine started, there are still a few odd and end things that are needed. the carburetor from ken at everyday performance looks amazing, if it performs as good as it looks, i'll be good. lol i have had the original radiator recored, i have the original delco alternator rebuilt and ready to go. i am still on the fence about adding vintage air conditioning, i guess that's something i will be deciding over the next couple of weeks before the fenders get remounted. only thing left from OPG to complete the interior kit is the arm rest pads, 9 days will make one year they were ordered and paid for, still have no idea when they will get here, status shows "eta pending"

i started cleaning up grinds and welds in the wheel well area. i want to get the exterior side of the wheel wells done so that i can get the car back on the frame. the passenger side is done, i just started on the drivers side and i have all of the rot that was in the car completely cut out now. i finished cutting out the bad patch work from previous owners and the rusted skins they left underneath of the lower rear quarter patch on the drivers side. i bought a full sheet of 18ga steel and started doing some banging with my hammer and wouldn't you know, i was able to fabricate a pretty darn close quarter panel patch for the drivers side between the wheel well lip and the door jamb. i have to make panel for the rear lower quarter, part of the inner wheel well, and part of the trunk drop off, i have been on a mission once again, so i should be done with all patch work soon. the mission is to have it back on the frame soon so i can gain some space in my garage again. my 18'x22' garage has served me ok, but i'd like on car space back. lol
Old March 22nd, 2023, 07:44 PM

Old March 22nd, 2023, 07:47 PM

i learned how to spread some lead, i used it on the welded seams on the wheel wells, as well as the rear trunk floor where i welded the new floor to the existing floor. the trunk seam needs touched up again, but the wheel well turned out nice. not bad for a first timer.

Last edited by 65droptop; March 22nd, 2023 at 08:23 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2023, 08:04 PM

All though I spent the time to make that panel, I’m only going to use the part around the wheel lol, that way I keep my patch minimal. Low and be hold, a piece of scrap was a few passes on the grinder from being just right on the width, I just had to cut the height a little. Soon as I get done working the little dings with a hammer and dolly, I will weld that piece in to place. I was able to save the factory holes on the rear lower and should be able to keep my repair below there. The trunk drop down will also need some attention on this side. Once the sheet metal work is done, I will paint the the inner wheel wells so that I can then put the car back on the frame, one last time. Then I can put the car in epoxy primer, mount all of the body parts to get my gaps all squared away, and aligned properly before paint. Won’t be long if I stay on pace, and get out of the winter funk I’ve been sunk into.

Old March 22nd, 2023, 08:05 PM

Let us not forget this amazing steering wheel I scored from Peter, this thing is purdy. Pictures don’t do it justice
Old March 22nd, 2023, 08:13 PM

I pulled one of the door panels apart and found the tack strip at the bottom and sides that holds the vinyl, and also provides studs for mounting the door panel to the door itself. They were rather rusty and I knew sandblasting would destroy them, I searched alternatives for rust, considered electrolysis, but then saw videos on muriatic acid, it works. 1to 1 mix with water, soak in a plastic tub, walk away and forget it, go do something else. I soaked the front bumper brackets over night, they were pretty rusted and turned out great

Old March 24th, 2023, 07:31 AM

Nice work

Very impressive metal work my friend, did you
use lead or lead free body solder? I used the lead free from Eastwood I actually like it, carb came out beautiful your moving right along !!
Old March 24th, 2023, 07:39 AM
Justin

Fantastic job. I know I had a sneak Peak at the progress, but I am still impressed at the common tools used to accomplish this task.
Old March 24th, 2023, 11:16 AM

Very impressive metal work my friend, did you
use lead or lead free body solder? I used the lead free from Eastwood I actually like it, carb came out beautiful your moving right along !!
thanks Eddie, what ever it is that Eastwood is selling is what I used, I believe it is the lead free body solder, it was the 1/4lb sticks they’re selling. Barring any set backs, I should have the body back on the frame in a couple weeks
Old March 24th, 2023, 11:21 AM

Old March 24th, 2023, 12:18 PM

That is just super impressive Duane!
Tremendous.
Old March 26th, 2023, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by 65droptop
thanks Eddie, what ever it is that Eastwood is selling is what I used, I believe it is the lead free body solder, it was the 1/4lb sticks they’re selling. Barring any set backs, I should have the body back on the frame in a couple weeks
Eastwood sells both I used the stuff came in the tube there’s 4 sticks or rods , anyway if using the other be careful with dust , etc. great work just great
Old March 27th, 2023, 11:47 AM

i just realized it's been a year this month i started this build, amazing how time catches up. i understand now how these things can get in to the "years" category on being complete. well, here's to year two. lol

wheel lip is welded in place, started on the patch behind the vent scoop. i am going to start banging out the rear lower quarter patch as soon as i am done typing this post. lol

Old March 31st, 2023, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by 65droptop
i just realized it's been a year this month i started this build, amazing how time catches up. i understand now how these things can get in to the "years" category on being complete.
You are doing great it’s when you get into decades you need to worry lol I’m in the decades category lol
Old April 7th, 2023, 12:31 PM

major milestone lastnight. the body is back on the frame!

All of the seams from repairing rusted metal, and adding latch panels, has been lead filled for any minor imperfections and possible pin holes. Still have to hammer and dolly some spots, but it’s getting there, and it won’t be full of plastic filler, just a basic skin coat for final paint.

Wheel wells are seam sealed and painted.After the lead work, I smear some seam sealer once again over the seam. Over doing things is my style.

Last edited by 65droptop; April 7th, 2023 at 01:39 PM.
Old April 7th, 2023, 01:46 PM

Looks great Duane?
How did you spread your seam sealer on the wheel well joint?
I like it.
Old April 7th, 2023, 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=Rallye469;1490584]Looks great Duane?
How did you spread your seam sealer on the wheel well joint?
I like it.[/QUOTE

I fingered it. Lol
Old April 14th, 2023, 08:49 AM

well, i got my grown mans version of diamonds, my bling came back the other day and i have to say, it looks great. Chip at tri city plating did a fantastic job, on cost, two weeks earlier than quoted. i would not hesitate to send him another. this bumper was a NOS that had been sitting with the car for who knows how long and had some pitting, it was 900 plus shipping. i am in this bumper total 1075 and i am happy with what i got. now just have to get the front core that is coming to me next week, fix the whole and send it to be done as well.

Last edited by 65droptop; April 14th, 2023 at 08:52 AM.
Old September 25th, 2023, 12:54 PM

wow! i have updated since April? i'm slacking... well, time lapse to now, i'm a few items away from being able to actually drive the car for the first time in over 30 years. power steering return line, finish the clutch linkage, steering wheel, seat, and secure the battery, but she sure sounds sweet!
Old December 22nd, 2023, 02:37 PM

Awesome work Duane just awesome