The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2012, 05:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Well Jamesbo my position is PSE which is "Postal Support Employee" Which has a "temporary" 360 day contract and IF you are re-assigned after the 360 days, you have to wait 5 days before beginning the new TDY. And since I am assigned to the WR USPS, I have to "bid" for the job in Perry. Make sense? No? Me either, but dey tank they are military Gubment entity maybe. Military no.

Awww don't dem eggs perty
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Raining here today, but it's 41 degrees! No sunshine for us today. 76 degrees in here and sandals and fan are on!!!

So the guys are doing alot of complaining with Steve being gone, lol! His customers are alive and well, that's for sure. A lot of quoting..... more quotes than orders.

Nicole has to take the Intrigue to Defer for an oil change today. Her and Charlie are supposed to be getting a U-Haul and moving her stuff from Dave's today too. Great day for it....

Scot...... Good luck! Hope you get the other job!!

Clint.... what did the teacher say about that movie?? I had never heard of it, so I looked it up on line. Doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in watching.

Jamesbo..... Awwwwwww...... how cute is that?? Aren't you just special, lol!

Blue..... where are you??

I sure hope our thread doesn't end...... again!

Have a good day all!
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Scot, Dat's clear as mud but thanks anyway fer push'in us on to page 93. I was begin'in to get dat sick Y2K feel'in before we made de leap.
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Clint and Sandy for the good luck wishes

Pg 93 woo hoo look out Pg 100
Old February 16th, 2012, 05:58 AM

Ctl - helps alot

Hey Sandy WAKE UP. We don't care 'bout Nicole mov'in in de rain.How many pages was de ole Good Morning thread?
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ctl - helps alot
Do wha Huh?

I sure miss ole Justin Wilson and his shenanigans

http://youtu.be/oScmodG_riM
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:15 AM

If you punch CTL and de minus key [or de plus key] it changes de size of de screen.
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:34 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Here I will help out towards a 100.

Good morning everyone. I am at work wasting time. Its slow here, getting ready for busy season in spring. I own a plant nursery. Supposed to rain this afternoon.

Larry
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:42 AM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;

Scot, WTF does "Take de correct Avenues" mean to the USPS, Ya have to get lost for 2 weeks like a letter mailed across de street.

Nice Day all

Udo
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Now that is hilarious Udo
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:21 AM

[QUOTE=Olds65;371847]
Originally Posted by Jamesbo;

Scot, WTF does "Take de correct Avenues" mean to the USPS, Ya have to get lost for 2 weeks like a letter mailed across de street.:eek:

:D:D:D:D

[IMG
http://up.picr.de/9564834yea.jpg[/IMG]

Nice Day all

Udo

Wonder if they got delivered? Ya never know

Anyone remember the Movie Behind the Green Door or what do you say to a Naked Lady? There I go dating myself again.

Back to rain as usual here. Ya know Seattle averages only 58 days of clear blue skies and sunshine a year. Great for growing mushrooms.

That's my contribution to another page. Have a great Thursday all
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Perhaps we are using the Mayan page counter.

Jamesbo once I get north of I-20 it all runs together anyway. You had the first letter right.

Scot good luck on the correct avenue. Having grown up in Chicago I can't see the word "Perry" without my mind putting "Refridgerator" in front of it.

Sandy, hasn't it been awhile that Nicole has been out of Dave's life? Is she sure there's anything of hers left at Dave's place?

Time for bed. Maybe this gloomy day will clear up by the time I wake up this afternoon. Have a good one, all.

Mike
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's a funny picture, Udo!!!! Jamesbo.... I don't remember how many pages we were up to in the original thread.

Mike.... no, Dave has all her stuff in the spare bedroom. She just said they're going at noon when Dave gets home from work. It sure is dark and gloomy here today too.
Old February 16th, 2012, 08:18 AM

Your'e a man of many talents!Attached Thumbnails
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Have you noticed we have 38,368 lookey lou's and only 3k plus replies. We sure create a lot of entertainment for the masses
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Have you noticed we have 38,368 lookey lou's and only 3k plus replies. We sure create a look of entertainment for the masses
Pat, I think we oughta charge a nickle per diem to read this thread.
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by citcapp
Have you noticed we have 38,368 lookey lou's and only 3k plus replies. We sure create a look of entertainment for the masses
I noticed that too
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well we are an entertaining bunch, lol! Everyone probably thinks we're crazy. Speaking of crazy, where's Blue & Redgoat today??

So Nicole and Charlie stopped by at lunch time, so I didn't get my walk today. She brought grand dog for me to say 'bye' to..... she's giving her back to Dave. I love grand dog. The poor dog has had a lot of problems adjusting to being uprooted and put at Charlie's place. New people, new cat, etc... She started peeing on Nicole every time Nicole scolds her for something. I told Nicole she's marking her as her territory, and dogs are like kids- They can sense stress and such and they don't know how to deal with it. The poor dog is not quite a year old. She was really good when I was going over to take her out and such a few weeks ago when Nicole was gone. She never went potty on the floor or anything. Now I won't be able to see her unless I go to Dave's, which is on the other side of Cleveland. I sent the box of dog biscuits I kept here for her visits, with Nicole. Sad. I hope Dave doesn't lose patience with her. Maybe once she sees her buddy Klaus again, (Dave's dog) she'll be happy. Something tells me that Nicole already has in mind getting another dog though. I told her to hold off, but when does she listen to me?? Never!
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy,

haven't we learned you nothin. Kids don't pay attention until they have kids of their own (then you get to gloat a little) until then they don't have a clue
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:00 PM
"Car"mudgeon

You got that right Pat
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Morning all, looks like the rain has eased up for now yay.

That many lookey lou's means we are at least keeping the masses interested but your right Jamesbo a dime isn't that much really

Hope Nicole sorts her stuff out Sandy, she is a good girl from what I got when we met just not sure what she wants to do just my 2 cents

Maybe blue is still scraping that crap from the diff still, new cars build it up faster then older cars

Those are some fancy eggs there Jamesbo

I remember the old thread being around 120 or so pages and if I am correct then we have a few to go yet

A clockwork orange isn't a movie anyone should watch especially school kids. I can't believe they asked them to watch it.

Minette has started school now this year. She is small compared to some of her class mates, only because she only made it by 4 days or she would have to wait another year but makes up for it in smarts

I have attached a couple of pics of her. One in her school uniform and the other when we went to our grandparents in the olds

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Cute girl Adrian, she is styling in those sunglasses. Looks like she is really an Olds fan

Jamsbo is either quite the artist or has to much time on his hands because of the rain. Either way great job Jamsbo
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Registered

Good Morning.
Any morning that you wake up is good actually but I should of stayed in bed.
Yesterday after spending all day under the car cleaning I retired to my subterranean man-cave/Women Hate-Us Club clubhouse and noticed my boiler's drain valve was leaking, I checked it out and it's shot.
I'll tackle nearly anything but hot water boilers aren't my thing, if it was Summertime I'd take care of it in no time but draining and refilling a hot boiler can get you into real trouble if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I'd hate to have to call the HVAC place after I screw it up even worse and get the "Who messed with this?" from a grinning service guy with dollar signs in his eyes.
I may have to bite the bullet on this one, there goes the electric differential grease scraper I had my eye on.

Is that fried eggs heart with the bacon arrow through it telling you what happens to your heart when you eat too much of either of them or some sort of Valentine's Day deal Jamesbo????

I've met that cute little girl in the pic somewhere Adrian?
I'm sure glad my yard tractor didn't start when she was sitting on it messing with the key that day you visited my place.
I disabled the neutral start switch a long time ago and it would have taken off, a snowblower attachment through the side of my GTO or Vista Cruiser would have ruined my whole day. It took me a week to figure out the VB Beer hat that you so generously gave me back then plays music. It's a cool tune, sounds like the Marlboro/Magnificent Seven theme song turned sideways. When I puts it on and do my highly specialized VB Beer dance to the song my wife, kids, dogs, and cats all run out of the house screaming.

Grand dog has been relocated??
I hope this was a male dog, if not Nicole was either lying or sitting down and the dog jumped on her or she was holding it when it pee'd on her.
I'll only have female dogs, they're more submissive and and don't stain whitewalls.
You can come over and visit them Sandy, you could be their Aunt Sandy and have a few niece dogs and Nicole would have some new cousins??
Redgoat wants to buy a red goat to ride shotgun when he goes cruising in his red goat but those curly horned devil creatures scare me like all farm animals do so no way.
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna be a beautiful day today, Wish I had sum brocolli plants to set out.

Adrian, Cute pics. If Minette falls over backwards car'in all dem books, she won't be able to right herself.

Sandy, Sorry 'bout Grand Dog. He/she deserves better. Maybe a little stability in life will straighten out de problems. When Nicole gets to be your age, I'll bet cha a dime to a dounut she looks back and wishes she'd stayed wit Dave.

Kids

Yep Blue, I'm feeling my age. Need to start tak'in better care of myself.
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Friday!

A beautiful cold morning here, but there was a beautiful sunrise this morning! It's looking a little cloudier right now, but still some sun. It was 28 earlier, heading to wards 40.

Today is Linda's 59th birthday! I can't go up tonight, so will be taking Nicole and going up tomorrow, and Jean will be by after work. I have to get an ice cream cake to take along. I called Lin on my way to work and sang happy birthday to her. She was happy. I hope her worthless kids at least call her today.

It's been nice with Steve gone most of this week, lol. We are really busy here! Which is good. I'm glad it's Friday.

We got our electric bill yesterday, and it's only $30.00! Big difference from the $118 we paid last month, lol. I think some of that one was still for December when we were using the oven and burners for heat, and the Christmas lights were on. Of course it has been warmer so the furnace hasn't been kicking on and off as much. I think that helps. We're loving the gas bills - sounds strange I know - but after paying $800 - $1000 propane bills for so long, these $80 natural gas bills are great!

Blue.... you just crack me up, lol!! Your VB Beer dance......... Good luck with your boiler. It's always something, isn't it?? Grand dog is a female, and she would pee on Nicole when Nicole would let her up on her lap. Believe me, there are times I'd like to pee on Nicole too, lol!

Citcapp..... I know what you're saying. I still can't help but get upset with the little twit, lol!!

Adrian..... Minnie is soooo friggin cute! I love the pics Tink posts on her facebook page. She is just a doll. A doll with a lovely accent, lol!

Jamesbo..... that's a funny sign, lol! And soooo true! I do worry about your cholesterol, lol! I feel guilty if I don't get my walk at lunch time, and if I don't work out for a half hour each night with Gilad!! I really feel better after exercise. I'm trying to watch the carbs nowadays. That's a hard one to do. Carbs are a very confusing thing, lol. I'm sure you're right about Nicole. Hindsight is 20/20. And ya can't go back and do it all over.

Well you all have a great day!
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Good morning all

Cool this morning and its supposed to turn to rain and wind this afternoon and stay that way through the weekend. I'll be in the garage working on the 48 so who cares.

redgoat with a pet redgoat would that be like seeing double the only difference one being larger than the other?

Things have slowed down a bit and the job in Mississippi is complete. Time to start planning a couple on months off and hit the road in the motorhome and see some country. Most likely do this in the fall when all the vacationers and there kids are back in school. Lot less traffic that way.

TGIF and all is well
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All and Good Friday too

Gonna be a beautimus day here, but supposed to rain all weekend Oh well we need it I suppose.

Well I took "the right avenues" to apply for the transfer. The job listing ends Sunday @ midnight so I should know something really soon.

Goats are weird looking with those eyes almost creepy. I have had goat's milk and cheese, but not goat. Although I have heard they taste like a deer that has been "farm raised" I've never eaten a deer that has been "farm raised" either, unless you count the many I've eaten from farm land

Got the taxes done de udder day, man I sure wish I could sink it into my Cutlass Supreme but I've still got three more to put through college I guess I'll just have to wait patiently while parts become harder and harder to find, good ones anywho.

Well yall have a great Friday afternoon and a safe weekend

Scot
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Scot, I'll have to cook cha up sum Cabrito one day.YUMMY
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Scot, I'll have to cook cha up sum Cabrito one day.YUMMY
Jamesbo I'll try almost anything edible once One of my Mecason friends says it is a delicacy down ere, but it's da same one dat buys the heads of slaughtered cattle to serve his fambly
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM

He's most likely mak'in "Jefe de queso". [a.k.a Head Cheese] or "celerbo de huevos" [a.k.a Brains and eggs]

Neither are high on my list.

I "talk to goats" all de time but I never pet them cause de stink.

Blue, I'm werk'in on putt'in an LS in my John Deere Gator. It's go'in in de now Olds powered non Olds section I jes started up.
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

He's most likely mak'in "Jefe de queso". [a.k.a Head Cheese] or "celerbo de huevos" [a.k.a Brains and eggs]

Neither are high on my list.
The second one I know but me tanks de grilled it (the whole head) wit da eyes a lookin atcha The TW would loose her runch and brakefast too if she saw that

I "talk to goats" all de time but I never pet them cause de stink.
I know they are really musky smellin' Kind of like the old rug I had as a tike up in my tree fort. Yep the roof leaked like a sieve too And well you can only imagine what the rug smelt like
Old February 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Nuff bout da eatin critter's edds and such

Now dis ere is post# 3712 on dis thread and da way I see it we should be on page 94 by around post #3720 or so. Not long now and we'll hit 100 pages
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:03 PM

Went to de stow, I think we're in real trouble.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Always room for one more

Good afternoon everyone.

It seems the dogs thought I should wake up early today. Well, I got a pretty good nap in at work last night, so I feel rested.

Adrian what a darling little girl you have. And yes she does seem to be enjoying the Oldsmobile.

I wish I had me a VB right about now. But no singing hat.

Like Scot said, rain this weekend. Maybe it will bypass us. Hm, maybe not. Got plenty to do inside anyway.

Called about the Rolls. They've been working on it on and off this week but still haven't gotten it to run. I told them when I dropped it off they could take their time. It gives me more time to rearrange the driveway so it will fit.

Everyone go out and whoop it up tonight, eh?

Mike
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Scot.... Hope you get the job! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

I like to pet the goats at the fair. That's about it, lol. Some of them are really cute. Don't think I'd ever eat one. That was a tummy upsetting conversation you guys had going there, lol. Gross and disgusting!!!! Glad you're on to other things.

Jamesbo.... I saw that sign in an e-mail! I loved it, lol! Sad, but true.....

It made it to 40 degrees here today and the sun is still shining bright! I love it!! Enjoyed my walk today at lunch time.
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Gross and disgusting!!!!
I'm on a mission [actually 2]

1] Run off de lurkers who won't even send me a nickle a day to view dis thread.

and

2] Get to 100 pages
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:16 PM
"Car"mudgeon

[1] Ya gotta leave a paypal e-mail address so dey will know where to send the cupro-nickel (.05)

[2] Get them all to post a hello and what's up fer their nickels worth
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Registered

God Morning.
I fixed the boiler myself, I asked the guy at the plumbing supply when I picked up the valve and he told me how to do it, now I can add boiler valve repair guy to my resumé .
Now I'm off to Electric Differential Grease Scrapers-R-Us to to spend the money I didn't have to shell out.
The HVAC place wanted 120 bucks to walk in the door and 2 bucks a minute after that.

I think I've mentioned before that when my sister closed down her goat farm years ago I consumed some Petunia the goat and she was pretty baaaaaaad.

I still think that someday in the far future the accidental delete of the first Good Morning thread will be seen as a loss to the human race only to be rivaled by the burning of the ancient Royal Library of Alexandria.

Last edited by Bluevista; February 18th, 2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Goat
Old February 18th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and pretty out here today - temps in the 30's right now.

Blue...... You just make me laugh! The loss of our first thread is a loss to the human race, lol. Those who weren't involved in it will never know what they missed. What a shame! Glad you got your boiler fixed! Hang on to those grease scraper tools..... you might have to use them on Teepo one day, lol! "Scuse me suh... would y'all be kind enough to scrape the grease off my front end parts and paint em up sooo purty?" She liked you having your hands on her, lol!

I have to get a few things done around here, then get ready to head to Linda's for her late birthday get together. Probably be up there until late afternoon. So I guess I better get started!

Have a great day all! Getting closer to page 94!!
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Thought de said it twas gonna rain, but it's a blue bird day so fer.

Been eat'in healthy fer one day so fer. Oatmeal wit blue berries and green tea.

Gotta get up sum wood today

Enjoy your weekend Olds friends