The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2019, 10:42 AM

Band was Great, I expected no less! Got to visit with BC Friends I haven't seen since September. A lot of them came by our table and were genuinely glad to see me. Third set the band did Jimmy Reed's "Got Me Runnin', Got Me Hidin' ", my all time favorite. Occasionally (before the stroke) they let me sing that song with them. Still working on the singing. Just a great time. Got lots of hugs and kisses from lots of good lookin' women in the process. That's about it. Tuckered out, rest day today, and our NTOC meeting tomorrow. .

Last edited by Aron Nance; February 9th, 2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old February 9th, 2019, 08:57 PM

Good evening everyone!

Went to a friend's place for dinner and game night. Had a good time.

Marc the company isn't an interior place. They do paint and hydrographics.

Inline, a lot of the city here has the power lines underground. It is the main lines to the substations that could be the issue I think.

Guess I should stop here so that it is still today and not tomorrow!
Old February 9th, 2019, 10:05 PM

Mike Stanthorpe is just over 2 hours drive from my place one way. I just got back and I have sorted out the last of grandads stuff. Now I just have to get a few more things from his place and organize someone to come and pick up all the donations and get a skip for the rubbish.
I'd take cold over hot any day Allan. Up to 36 so far today
I'm with Jamesbo Mike, get that thing fixed pronto mate.
Old February 10th, 2019, 05:14 AM

Chili and the wind is blowing pretty good

The Super model and I have married for 13 years today. Feels like 13 minutes [with my head under water] Jes kidding

Have a great day Olds friends
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Alberta Curling championships semi final and final games here today. Semi's is on right now but I have the PVR recording it. Still super cold at -32 this mawnin; good thing is there's no wind.

Happy anniversary Jim. Speakin of chili, I made sum yesterday. Good ol comfort food for stayin inside when it's cold. Wanna play pull my finger?

Jouni - yeah, the consolation prize to a non win is always a silver medal.

Adrian - Good that you're all sorted with Grand dads stuff. Heard anything back from Tinks mom or is all good now?

I read in my FB feed that the lowest temp recorded in Canada was back on Feb 3, 1947 when it got to -62.8 in Snag Yukon. I guess we got nothing on them.
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo Happy Anniversary to you and Supermodel. I thought you were married longer than that. Going out to whoop it up tonight?

I didn't realize that green burial was quite the thing. The guy in Florida sought out a green cemetery, even though it wasn't where he was from?

Adrian I'm guessing what you call a skip we call a dumpster. Twenty or 40 feet long, tall sides, open top, comes on a rollback. When I moved into this house, I rented two of them and filled them both with all the crap that the previous people had left.

Cold and overcast today. It was misting when we were going to the Awful house, but it's since stopped. I wanted to go to the junkyard but I don't think I will. I also wanted to go work at the shop and I don't think I'll do that either. Come on summer!

Well I hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 10th, 2019, 08:40 AM

Allan, In a word NO

Mike, Nope
Old February 10th, 2019, 09:59 AM

Congrats Jamesbo, on your anniversary. Off to work for a half day.
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:32 AM

Good afternoon everyone.

Not much to say today.

Happy Anniversary Jim!

Allan, -62! I guess I should quit complaining when it's -30.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
Old February 10th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Oh no, not again...

Brutally cold, the cat doesn't want to go out and chase things, she stuck her nose out, turned tail and ran. Now she's totally P.O.ed, and taking it out on us as if it's our fault. My furniture will never be the same.

Rebuilt a 1928 Ball-Hamilton 999B Railway watch I bought cheap yesterday. Re-cased it, overhauled it completely and re-oiled it, and put it together. Now I need a new dial for it, the original one is pretty roached. Got about 6 more pocket watches, I've already re-case a few, cleaned them all up, and gotten 4 of them running again. They're all on my desk here ticking away happily. I guess I'm like that crazy old clock guy, the only difference being that I have the chimes on the old clocks shut off otherwise my wife would smash them. But walk into my office and all you hear is ticking and tick-tocks, I love it. There are some thought that can't bear the thought of sitting and listening as their life ticks away though, Might finally tackle the old 1866 Waltham today, see whether I feel ambitious.

Allan, At least we still have power here. My parents just spent a cold night in Victoria. Gonna try to phone today and see if they got it back yet.

Jamesbo, Happy anniversary! I hit 30 this year, but I've known my wife for 32 this year. They usually parole prisoners after 25 years...hmmm...

Mike, at least it's nice to be able to decide whether or not to go to a junkyard, besides being idiotically cold, ours are a couple of feet of snow. My go-to lot in Lamont banned customers from going in and looking about 10 years ago now, and I haven't been back. I miss going through salvage lots and seeing what treasures lurk there!

Adrian, yeah, cleaning up is a nasty chore. Once we move my parents out to a smaller home or assisted living, (whichever happens first) I have the accumulated worth of about 3 households to take care of. Where they are even the thrift stores are picky; they won't accept any furniture unless it's Italian leather and made from real wood. The only flatware they'll look at is real china and silver, none of this Costco or department store crap. And the landfill there is a nightmare to negotiate; they'll charge an arm and a leg to dispose of a bag full of junk. We've already spent a couple thousand disposing of stuff, and will be doing more this year. And I can't give any of it away.

Paul, thanks for the info. So back to square one, finding a decent upholsterer to do some seats. My Olds has fabric seats, an early rayon I think, and I wonder how difficult it'll be to find the same thing and match it up.

Aron, sounds like you had a good time; - that's key when you're recovering, keep up the positivity and the upbeat attitude, you'll recover so much faster.

Dan, I guess my parents are getting it with the power outages now, the west coast was clobbered by a huge wind and snow storm downed trees everywhere. BC Hydro doesn't have enough people to fix all the trouble spots in a timely fashion. They could be in for a long haul.

Well, back to work for me...another watch is calling for my attention...Later!
Old February 10th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Evening Guys:
I need to catch up a little bit. It has been nasty here. The weather has been in the 30's and just a light rain falling for the last two days. I pretty much stayed in yesterday. We had our monthly NTOC meeting today at the Flying Saucer. It was a good meeting and the food was good but the service was terrible.
Jim, congrats on the anniversary. I hope you all had a nice one.
Adrian, I know you are glad you are almost done with the estate. I hope the MIL doesn't give you any grief. I probably mentioned my experience being the executor of my friends estate. What a pain but I got paid well for it. I would not want to do that again.
Allan, I still don't know how you guys do those temperatures. There is no way in the world I could do it.
I know it will surprise you guys but I am going to miss the Grammy's tonight. I would rather have a root canal than watch that bunch of liberal azz BS.
Later
Glenn
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:35 PM

Marc, I hope that your parents get their power back soon. I was watching the weather channel earlier, it doesn't sound too promising, with 5-7" of snow and freezing rain in the forecast for Monday evening through Weds. Got to see what the local news guys have to say. Try SMS for your seat material. If you have a swatch, they will more than likely be able to get the material that you need.
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:56 AM

mawn'in

Drizzling so no smacking whitey around today

Mike, When we bought the lake property [that was an abandon boys camp for 8 years] We filled up 8 dumpsters will crap. We even sawed an old boat up with a chain saw and threw it in

I think I'll whip up some pancakes with bacon and cane syrup

Old February 11th, 2019, 05:41 AM

Hi guys, Got about 4-5" last night. It started when were out to dinner with some friends. Got 2" on the car while we were in the restaurant. At least it was nice fluffy stuff. Went out early this AM and blew out the driveway. Makes me think even more about getting a 4x4. There is a 05 F150 that is hit lightly on the side on CoPart I am thinking about bidding on. It supposedly has a clear title. I was thinking about buying it and using it as is if I can get it for cheap. Any of you guys done that? Well I guess I'm going to the computer doctor with a friend so I'll Seeya later.
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

A heat wave is upon us!! Only -24 this morning But I guess with wind chill (Jouni's new favorite term??) it's -31. Staying inside is getting to be a bit depressing. So much winter is developing cabin fever I think.

Kevin Koe beats Ted Appelman and Brenden Bottcher to clinch the AB curling title and go to the Brier. They did get lucky on some of the Appelman teams misses or it could have been a whole different story, but hey, a WIN is a WIN.

Victoria is known for its more temperate climate, but let's face it. When you're used to temps that average around 50 all winter and the power goes out it's not a pleasant thing especially for seniors who prefer to have some heat in their homes. My SIL and BIL live in Nanaimo and they're always bragging about how nice it is there. They have electric heat IIRC so I wonder if they have the same problem. Probably not since it's over an hour from Victoria to Nanaimo.

Have you thought about changing the seat material to a different fabric or maybe vinyl? I know it wouldn't look period correct but IMO it depends on how much you want to spend on that car and whether it's going to be a nut/bolt restoration.

Glenn - I'll take your crappy weather anyday. Same thing for Jim.

Greg - Light fluffy stuff is soooo much easier to deal with. I guess it would depend a lot on the truck itself. Check out the mileage and overall impression about whether it's been maintained at all. It could be a dud. I looked at Copart here and didn't see any 05 F150's that match that description. There was one that was 280.00 though. I've bought auction cars before and they're a total crap shoot. Good luck.
Old February 11th, 2019, 09:40 AM

Well Greg, that snow missed me, as we only got a dusting. By the looks of it we will get 5-6" by tomorrow, with whiteout conditions due to the wind. They are saying ice for your neck of the woods. I hope that it is minimal, and that you keep your power on.
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:00 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Well I got the wheels done. they turned out really nice I think. If it would just get warm around here and melt off all the snow and ick, I'd bring Brit to the shop and get her new radiator installed and put these on. I'm curious how they are gonna look. Let me know if they don't come thru.

Old February 11th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint - They look fantastic. I could come down and pick em up from ya if you don't want em. Brit is going to love dancing with those new shoes!
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Interesting day at work. I had forgotten a lot of the stuff already but it came back quick. We weren't ever slammed with wheels, they were slow and steady all day. I'm starting at 5 all week so the latest I'll be there is between 1 and 130. I like this getting home extra early.

Gloomy and rainy today and cold. Gonna find something to do inside. Like nothing. I'm tired.

Wheels look great Clint.

Jamesbo I thought you bought the camp from the long time owners.

Well, see ya.
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:42 PM

Well, M y Monday golf partner convinced me to come have breakfast, the hit a few................ them play 9 .................................then 18. Sloshed around in the mud and played like a goat. My driver is werking fine but my putting still sucketh

Clint, Those wheel look great

Mike, I did but it stood vacant for years while the family had a legal battle [amongst them selves] When the dust settled, [and the lawyers went off to play golf ] leaving the family w/o any $$$ I was able to buy it. We were the second owners since `1924

Norm, I tried to hit a flop shot on 16 and it looked like someone had driven a D-9 thru the turf
Old February 11th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Guys:
Another wet day here. I think it got up into the 60's today but it felt colder with all the rain. It has just been a steady drizzle all day. Supposed to have sunshine tomorrow. I had a six month follow-up to my wellness check today. BP was slightly elevated and the doctor told me I needed to loose weight. BMI was too high so I guess I will make a better effort. I did a little stuff in the office today and did a bank deposit for NTOC. I am finally going to take my boat to Copart tomorrow for the donation for Cars For Kids. It is a 73 Sea Ray with only about 500 hours on it. We had a lot of fun with it but it has sat for several years and I know we will never use it again. I need to quit paying storage on it so off it goes.
Clint, those are some good looking wheels. Very nice.
Hope everybody had a good day.
Glenn
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, I tried to hit a flop shot on 16 and it looked like someone had driven a D-9 thru the turf
I'm quite accomplished in course excavation, as well .
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Oh no, not again...

Another cold day; - but warmer than the last few. Had to walk outside a bit this morning, and froze unmentionable parts off. I can't seem to remember where my old long-johns ended up. I have a funny feeling they hit the landfill a few years ago.

My parents have been lucky so far; they're some of the few that do have power. And yes, the whole house has electric baseboard heaters which are worse than useless and 6 times as expensive to run. There's no natural gas where they are, and they live on a mountain, so there's no safe way to run an underground pipe. Even the sewers are above ground, and as the temperature dips, that could be an issue getting rid of your issuance. They are expecting another 25 cms of snow, so all told they'll have had 75 cm from this storm, or about 2-2 and a 1/2 feet of wet heavy snow. And then it's supposed to warm up a bit and start to rain. My mother is worried about her house flooding with backed up or iced over eaves and such. She's in no shape to shovel, and nor is my father. So their gardener is coming up (if he can drive up the hill, it's steep and icy) and he'll shovel them out. And I sit here 600 miles away unable to do a damn thing...frustrating.

Allan, I'm not sure what I'll put in that car yet, the last thing I want though is some sort of bad vinyl or cheap looking upholstery. I intend to spend a fair bit of time driving that thing, so it has to be comfortable, wear well, and look good. I'm tired of looking at either a goofed up vinyl job, (my Wildcat) or a worn original interior (my Electra) I want something nice that looks like it should be there. This thing will probably be the lamest resto-mod going, it'll be almost impossible to discern it from stock. All the improvements will be hidden.

Anyway; I'm exhausted, - have a good night everyone!
Old February 11th, 2019, 11:57 PM

Morning.

So ive been doing all kinds of stuff, atleast thats my excuse for not writing for few days. Interestingly, we got a short "heat-wave" with 4 continous days with temps over zero + rain, so snow melted pretty well. We Still have alot of it, but less than before And no Allan, i already hate "wind chill"- temp is what the gauge tells, not some imaginary number. If youre too stupid to go out on t-shirt when it shows -10c, but it blows from north 30m/s, id just say its natures choice..

Now its wired. Needs some minor cleanup for wiring anymore. Spend stupid amounts of time for just pulling few wires to get them look neat Red-nylon sock is both for covering the single-wire mess, plus its easy to spot later from engine compartment which ones are, and where do the ignition wires go if i have problems with this. Couldnt find good Place inside the car for box, due to dash-area being made exclusively from plastic, plus all the AC-crap. Plus at that exact spot all the wires are correct lenght, no extending, or cutting of wires required. Its just a one problem more everytime you need to extend wires.. Now just to figure where to install coil.
Btw, "funny" thing came to my mind when wiring these. When i bought my car, it had HUGE monster-tach, which worked when it wanted. Okay, i hated it for looks, and placement, plus it didnt work -> i threw it in th trash-bin. Later when i bought more subtle Autometer tach and went to install it, i of course rewired it- when removing old wires, i found out that whoever had did the previous tach-install, did tach-signal wire from 3 pieces, with crappy crimped connectors. I quess that was why the tach didnt work…

Nailheadcanuck - Hmph, i have same interior-thing waiting. My vinyl is so weak for being exposed to sun in AZ for 40 years, that it just cracks everywhere. But first things first, get it to road again

CQR - Nice wheels. Please post a photo or two them under car?

Jamesbo - Happy anniversary few days later!

Ill head to garage probably now when im in the mood. Wiring fuel-pump is next in line = trying to get all those brittle plastic interior panels out in one piece to get wires to rear. Wiring the towing hitch will be interesting due to differences on our lights. I need separate signals for parking(driving) lights, turn-signals, and brake-lights..
Plus all we use anymore are 13-pin sockets ( old system is 7-pin, but not worth doing when its not sold for new cars/ trailers anymore).
I quess that requires pulling the 13-wire cable inside frame to engine-bay, and wiring it from there. Cant be done with wires presented in rear/ trunk area.
Have a day all!
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:40 AM

Happy anniversary Jim. Didn't realise you had only been married roughly the same amount of time as Tink and myself. We had our 13th last Nov.
Those wheels look great Clint. Hoping all is going well for you mate.
I can get a 7 cubic meter skip dropped off, I fill it and they pick it up and empty it for $310 so that's not too bad if you ask me.
Even if I get the place sold I still have to wait to see if the MIL will contest it and she has until the end of June to file so that is a bit of waiting around and stressing. Time will tell I guess.
Take care everyone,
Adrian
Old February 12th, 2019, 05:09 AM

mawn'in

wet but warmer

Juni, Looks like you collect tires like I do

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I'm quite accomplished in course excavation, as well .
Flopped whitey from jes in front of the bunker to square in the middle of the bunker along with a BIG ***** of sod

Adrian, 3rd times a charm

wife #1 passed away [brain tumor] #2 left me after 18 years [thank god and greyhound she's gone ] #3 hanging in there

Got a meeting at City hall, what fun

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Weird afternoon. Left work and it was warmish and bright. Still overcast but bright. Got home and got an alert on my phone that there was a tornado warning. Seek shelter immediately! A few minutes after that the siren started up. Hm. A few minutes after that the wind came up and we got this huge downpour, but it only lasted a couple minutes. The siren came back on during it. Now it just looks like a gloomy rainy day out.

Slow start to work today. We didn't inspect our first wheel until after 7. I got there at 5. We inspected 110 wheels, which is 220 wheel halves, and I left before 1. But my feet are killing me. We have those cushioned mats but it's still tough to stand all day. Three more.

Today is Tiger's birthday. He is 3. I've had him 2 years. We're going to run a couple errands and then go get Arby's for our dinner. That will be the big excitement. Being that today is February 12, his name was going to be Abraham. But I thought better of it.

Well I best get some bills written so I can get them mailed before 5. Hope this rain stops. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old February 12th, 2019, 04:08 PM

Back to the grind today, not liking it as we’re back in the high 30’s. 38 yesterday and a predicted 40 today.
Happy Birthday Tiger !!!!
always fun relocating sod isn’t Jamesbo. I have hit a golf ball in over 5 years now.
Back to it I guess 😒
Take care everyone,
Adrian
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Oh no, not again...

Back to the -30 range again this morning, this cold thing is really getting old.

Got an owner's manual today for my 53 Olds. It's the Dynaflow one, damn. I know all about the Dynaflow, I wanted the Hydramatic copy. I don't know the first thing about driving the Hydramatic except to put it into Drive or Reverse and step on the gas. It's missing "Park", which my 60 Olds had. So I guess that means I have to have a serviceable E-brake on that car otherwise it'll roll away. What idiot thought of that? Anyway; I'll have to order up the Hydramatic one. I had no idea they sold that many Dynaflow equipped cars to warrant a reprint of the manual. I've never seen a Dynaflow one, let alone driven one. The Olds engine would lend itself well to one, wonder which one was actually faster or had better performance. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Dynaflow, it only really has one speed, it's a lot like driving the Nissan variable speed transmission, but a lot more responsive and not as buzzy. Just step on the gas, and the RPM jumps to about 2500 and the car just throws you back in the seat and pulls hard, same engine speed from zero to 120. No passing gear, just a steady pull, so no jerky downshifts and roaring motors, much more subdued and civilized.

My parents are still getting hit with snow and cooler weather, trees and powerlines are going down everywhere and traffic is coming to a standstill. No one can get out of their driveways until they shovel about 3 feet and the windrow away. Not nice at all.

I gave up golf to build cars, found that a lot less frustrating. Smackin' whitey around eventually came down to hammering smiles into whitey or inadvertently decapitating and then driving whitey into the ground. Excavation was also a talent, as well as snapping heads off clubs. I was told I swing a club like lightning; never hit the same place twice. No more of that for this cowboy, So the only ***** I play with are made by the Ball Watch Company of Cleveland Ohio. I'll take out my frustrations on them or an engine.

Jouni, pardon my ignorance, (I'm a Buick guy) what year and model is your Olds? What motor is going in there?

Just trying to re-case another watch...Have a good evening!
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Running On Empty

Hit the ball fair to midland today - muddy/wet conditions.
Got assigned 30 marshal volunteers to manage Hole #7 for the week of the 74th U.S. Women's Open, Charleston, SC.
Tee-time 9:00am tomorrow.
Clint- My next set of tires will be the red stripes. Those look great.
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:24 PM

Good evening everyone from the Great White North!

The snow started a here a few hours ago and the forecast calls for 12" to 15" of snow over the next 24 hours. School buses are cancelled, schools are closed and even our colleges and universities have cancelled classes this evening and tomorrow. What happened to the groundhog calling for an early spring?

That's it for today.
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:44 AM

Good Morning.

Today is home day. I need to take some time and draw how the heck do i wire 13-pin trailer connector to American car. Can be done, but i bet wiring ends up being messy..
I actually really like wiring. More than mechanical tinkering actually. By the way, it snows, surprise surprise.. Wife did pizza yesterday, theres enough for today too. It tastes fantastic.
Red Onion, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, pineapple, ham and bacon with thick cheese over all of it.. Yum..

Jamesbo - Not my tires, my neighbours. Were 4 guys hiring one room from old brickyard. Theres me, one guy with 63' Buick Riviera, one with 72' Volvo 144, and then one guy with old Fiat 600. Then some motorcycles from 2 of those aforementioned guys, worth mentioning is really old Honda 500, and Moto-Guzzi V75

Nailheadcanuck - Its 76 Cutlass S with "sticker-job 442"-package. Its getting 350 bored to 362 and better over-all parts, plus cherry on the cake, i hoarded old vintage Offenhauser dual-quad intake for it

Okay.. Off to the drawing board to figure out some wiring.. Have a day all!

Last edited by Inline; February 13th, 2019 at 02:57 AM.
Old February 13th, 2019, 03:51 AM

Old Golfer Speaks out:

We had a power outage at our house this morning and my PC, laptop,
TV, DVD, iPad & my new surround sound music system were all shut down.

Then I discovered that my mobile phone battery was dead. To top it off
it was raining outside, so I couldn't play golf.

I went into the kitchen to make coffee and then I remembered that this also
needs power. So, I sat and talked with my wife for a couple of hours.

She seems like a nice person.
Old February 13th, 2019, 03:53 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by jamesbo
old golfer speaks out:

we had a power outage at our house this morning and my pc, laptop,
tv, dvd, ipad & my new surround sound music system were all shut down.

then i discovered that my mobile phone battery was dead. To top it off
it was raining outside, so i couldn't play golf.

i went into the kitchen to make coffee and then i remembered that this also
needs power. So, i sat and talked with my wife for a couple of hours.

she seems like a nice person.
:d

Last edited by Vintage Chief; February 13th, 2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old February 13th, 2019, 04:21 AM

When they redid the golf course several years ago my buddy Donny "Altered" one of the old yardage markers and gave it to me
Old February 13th, 2019, 05:24 AM

James, I like that marker.
Allan, The lot #'s for the trucks I'm checking out are 55078728 and 56436338 check them out on Copart if you want. They are both in Ionia Mi. so I may go and check them out today or tomorrow.
Jouni, I checked out your build thread all the way thru- great work!!
Well yesterday we had another snowstorm and got about 6 inches. My wife and a friend and I were going to go for a long snowmobile ride yesterday, but then I did something completely boneheaded. I adjusted the gearcase tension and added oil to both machines. I must have set down the special plug for the Yamaha and then couldn't find it! I looked and looked, gave up, looked some more, gave up, looked..... Finally I gave up for good. Geez what a dumb a$$! So just the buddy and I went. We rode about 50 miles to a little town and had lunch there. A great time, it may have been too much for the wife anyway, about 100 miles altogether. It was really weird, the machine was slipping around in the rear almost continuously like I was riding on ice, because I was! There was some snow, then it warmed up and rained, making the trails have a inch or so of water, then it rapidly froze, then it snowed over that. It's amazing how many different conditions there can be.
Well today I need to snowblow out the driveway and look for that damn plug! Have a good one!
Old February 13th, 2019, 05:44 AM

Saint Anthony please come around

Somethings lost and can't be found
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:33 AM

I like the marker Jamesbo. Got about 6" of snow cleared from the drive. The forecast winds did not hit until I was home from work last night, so no white out conditions on the drive here. Not much going on, lunch is in the toaster oven. Once that'e done, a quick shave and I'm off to work.
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Marc, I don't know if you know it or not but the hydra-matic plant burned in 1953. GM built it back in less than a year but in that time they used Dynaflows in Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles and Powerglides in Pontiacs. Most people change them over to Hydra-matics. On the Hydra-matics prior to the Jetaway you parked the car in reverse. I had a parking pawl that engaged when you turned the key off. I park mine in reverse but still use the parking brake.
I spent a good portion of yesterday taking my boat to Copart for the donation to the Dallas Can Academy. Man they have lots of cars at the place. It is in a rural crummy area of South Dallas. SInce I was not too far away I stopped by R.V. Burgin's house and visited with him for a few minutes. He is the WWII Marine I carried in the Veterans Day Parade in 2014 when he was 92. He is still living my himself but has somebody staying with him during the day and family at night. He doesn't talk much anymore but still get around his home pretty good. I don't think he will make his 100th birthday.
I have to scramble to go and haul the 27 Olds to the Dallas Autorama. The big trailer is hooked up and out front.
Have a good day guys.
Glenn
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slow and steady day, and then someone decided to drag their feet and slow the whole works down. So I stayed an hour overtime and left at my regular time. Big deal. If I wouldn't have stayed then one guy would have had to run both machines and do hand held eddy current tests. I wasn't going to do that to him.

It's beautiful out. I'd say it's almost 60 and sunny. A little breeze. I think I'll wash the car. Hope it's nice the rest of the week.

Glenn I believe the cars that got Dynaflows also got the script on the rear fender. Now that would be a sight, an Oldsmobile that said Dynaflow on it.

Greg hope you find the bolt. Check the refrigerator.

Gonna go out and run around with Tiger for a little bit. I must have put caffeine in his dog food this morning.