The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2018, 08:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful and cool this morning, so Tiger accompanied me to the Awful house. Of course everyone made fun of me, but there were no issues. Tiger enjoyed his dogburger and that's what counts.

I was looking at that tree some more, and now see that the top 6 or so feet of it broke off and is laying in the tree next to what the trunk is leaning against. This I need to do something about because it could fall at any time, as well as the trunk, and Tiger goes back there to play. So I'll bring my chain saw home and see what I can do. I'll clear an escape path first.

Allan we've seen a picture of your house and it looks nice. This is twice the neighbor's house has looked bad. What is the rest of the neighborhood like? Are things in general going downhill or is it the guy who owns the house doesn't screen his renters very well.

Dan good luck at the Vette show. Count how many cars have less than 100 miles on them. Corvette people are the only ones I've seen that buy a brand new car and then stop to show it on the way home.

I must not be of the age where my friends are dying, and I'm glad of that. Luckily my friends aren't either The first death from my class was Mike Peterson, about a year after graduation. He was riding a bike about 100mph down Westwood Drive and missed the turn and caught a tree. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else who's departed. I probably just don't know about them.

Got a few more things to get together then Tiger and I are headed to Mom's. Hope we get a lot done. It's not like at home where I'm easily distracted. I have Mom there to remind me to keep working.

Have a good week everyone, I'll check in if I can.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, the rest of the neighbors generally maintain their properties pretty well, although a few are lazy on maintenance. The new neighbor bought the house. He's from Syria, supposedly a refugee. There's construction debris all over the lawns, sidewalks and side of the house from workers too lazy to put stuff in the now overflowing dumpster out front. You would be appalled if you saw it in person. I don't know what his plans are or what his finances are, much less care, but I sure wish they'd clean up a bit. They moved in while the construction was still in progress. According to the GC, he's a PITA to work for because he changes his mind on everything that's being done, so of course the inside is only finished on the main floor. He and his family also don't seem to have any issues with just throwing stuff on the ground instead of finding a garbage. Must think they're still in Syria. The rental on the other side is generally looked after very well. The landlord though is a douche according to the tenants.

Good luck with the chainsaw and tree. Have a safe trip and good visit with your Mom.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 09:58 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:
It is going to be a pretty calm day today due to the heat. We are meeting my son and his wife at 3:00 at Hutchins BBQ to celebrate her birthday and mine. Hers was just a few days before mine was. This place has the best BBQ I have ever tasted and there are lots of BBQ joints in Texas.
Mike, be dang careful with the chainsaw. Take it from somebody that spent a couple days in the hospital 10 years ago from a chainsaw accident (no blood involved) and still has an old back injury that speaks to me from time to time.
Allan, thanks for the condolences. I will not be going to the funeral since it is about 300 miles each way and we had not talked in years. The funeral has already taken place. If I still lived there I would probably have gone. I feel for your situation with the neighbor. I m going to try (not too hard though) and be politically correct. I suspect it was the neighbors former environment and upbringing that makes them the way they are. They come in and have no respect for the country they have arrived in. People like that really **** me off. The unfortunate thing is there is little you can do about it. You might try code enforcement with your city. Good luck with it.
Have a good Sunday my friends.

Glenn
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:37 PM

Home again, home agian

Originally Posted by slantflat
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else who's departed. I probably just don't know about them.
Not getting drafted to go to SE Asia to kill a commie for Christ helps alot

London, Ya may need to put sim bricks in your pockets ta keep from blowing away

Glenn, I hate to say it, but it starts happening pretty regular. Sorry for you loss

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 22nd, 2018, 07:09 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XP3vXqQzAcEQ1WBA A little disappointed in the fact that most of the cars there were from the mid 90's and newer. There was a downpour after we were there for about an hour and a half, but we ducked inside, and most of the cars left. I need an off camera flash unit to take pics inside of the Gilmore, due to their funky lighting. I wish that I could have gotten a better pic of the '57 Bel aire, I tried changing my ISO, but to no avail.

Last edited by 1969w3155; July 22nd, 2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 03:29 AM

Mawn'in

Tis Monday

This may sound a little odd to people that don't play golf, but golfers remember every hole on different golf course and what happened when. Today, I'm sure I'll remember what my friend and I talked about on which hole

Old July 23rd, 2018, 05:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

A coolish morning here at only 50° but I'll take it. There's a heavy dew all over everything outside. This is more like a September morning. Still more rain forecast which is great. Yesterday we got 3 downpours over the course of the day which kept things cooler. My grass is loving it, and is looking verdant.

Not much on the agenda for today. Mebbe clean both the Sonata and Malibu as both of them have front ends resplendent with bug splats. A trip to the market is also in order.

I put some things on Kijiji (Canada's CL). Figuring that people want a good deal I asked very little and some of the items were still new and unopened. I'm finding out that on line shoppers are real tire kickers. Can't believe people are that cheap. One guy offered $5 for an item that is worth over $30 and even offered to pick it up. What a turd. Some of them expect I'm going to say yes and deliver it too? Sure, I could deliver if I tacked on another $20 for wasting my time. I suspect many of them are millennials, especially when I see their written composition.

Jim - I understand that. Enjoy the memories. 45/43 You must have a lot of vet friends to remember; didn't you go to Nam? Did the guy who needed a steering column ever message you? I have a tilt column that's been rebuilt but it would cost a lot to float it down to him, and mine wouldn't be free.

Dan - Thank you for those pictures. The 57 looks amazing. I'm not all that much of a vette fan. I think that's because at the BJ auctions just about every 3rd car is a vette of some era. After awhile it seems like there's just no end to them.

Glenn - In the times I've been to TX, I never have been to a BBQ joint. Mostly because I didn't have time. Sounds like something I'll have to try, either there or LA.

Enjoy your day.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 07:13 AM

Off to my six month dentist appointment.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thanks for the reminder Dan. Gotta make an appointment for a cleaning.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 09:49 AM

Close but no stogie 44/43

Nope he never messaged me. Mine's not a column shift which I think is what he needs
Old July 23rd, 2018, 09:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I was pretty close this time. Hope the game went well but also hope you didn't end up getting caught talking to yourself at times...
Old July 23rd, 2018, 11:54 AM

Hi.

I quess i should write here too, since i was caught pants in my toes by Allan R

Sorry, been really busy at work. Now i have a week of freedom, thank god. My summer vacation. Alot has happened on work, i changed eventually company when situation got so bad with my supervisor and they wouldnt let me change to other job inside the company. Until i told them i signed new contract, then they were asking how much i want, and gave me an opportunity to do whatever i want inside the company. But that train left the station earlier. I just had to ask from other company and they made me a spot there, even they wasnt at need. Such a small circle of people here at Finland on Asfalt side. Doings always beats talk. Last week i did 75 hours on 5 days, i earn now stupid amounts of money on my new company. This company also flies their employees to Spain at winter and pay their hotel. Already feeling home at there. They request you give your all, and they give alot back. Fair game.

Now, at monday evening, im on par with the jobs at home too, so now i can rest and do some minor things at will.

Whats up everyone?

Last edited by Inline; July 23rd, 2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome back Jouni!

Sounds like you definitely got an upgrade on the job situation. Hey! If the money's stupid now you can spend stupid money on your car!!

BTW, that was just a fluke (luck) that I saw your post earlier. At first I thought it was from a different year.....
Old July 23rd, 2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Inline
l.Whats up everyone?
The rent and the radio
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
The rent and the radio

Originally Posted by Allan R
Welcome back Jouni!

Sounds like you definitely got an upgrade on the job situation. Hey! If the money's stupid now you can spend stupid money on your car!!

BTW, that was just a fluke (luck) that I saw your post earlier. At first I thought it was from a different year.....
Im spending now to pay off my depths, and also paying to my wife to get what she needs. Lets see if i can next spring finally build own garage to my yard. I quess i could. Nowhere near completion of my engine, those **#/¤#¤#/( are Still holding my engine, and parts, since end of february…

Now when i have vacation, we are tenting at our yard ( ) with my wife and our boy, since its warm outside even at nights.
Old July 24th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Another cool and wet start of the day here. Spoda rain again later this afternoon. Of course it will rain - I just washed both cars yesterday afternoon. I put some Rain-X on the Malibu and included the headlights. That stuff is amazing, almost eliminates the need for wipers. I also did all the side/back/mirrors.

Interesting - the dumpster next door went away but there's still a lot of construction crap lying about the outside. Wonder if it will ever get cleaned up. As they say on the news , Time will tell.

Not much else happening. Enjoy your day.
Old July 24th, 2018, 06:03 AM

Mawn'in

Waiting for the dew to dry up before mowing. Spose to get a marker delivered today, [translation sit around all day waiting for freight company to show]

Anyway, it gives me a chance to take care of sum minor maintenance [screens cats broke, tail light blinker short etc]

Old July 24th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful here, and not hot. Yesterday was a scorcher. I still liked it.

Things haven't been as productive as I would have liked. I needed 8ft posts for the gate I'm rebuilding but they won't fit in the dogmobile. So I'm gonna wait until next month when I have my black truck here. Instead I painted a door yesterday.

So I heard about a car that's about an hour from here, and checked it out on the way down. A 1960 Valiant. My sister is giving me a ride over today so I can bring it home. I haven't bought a car in over a year and a half. The guy is an old hot rodder and has the Slant 6 all hopped up, and dual glass packs. Pretty sure those won't stay. I'll leave it at my niece's house until I come down next, hence the need for the black truck.

Dan when I was a kid I had to go to the dentist every 6 months. I hated the dentist with a passion. One time I was home alone when the mail came and wouldn't you know it, there was the reminder card to call for an appointment. Mom never saw that card and some time later said, I wonder when it will be time for the dentist again? I acted innocent, thinking that I would never have to go to the dentist again. Nope, Mom was smart enough to call for an appointment on her own. My plans were thwarted. As an adult, I choose not to go to the dentist. Haven't had problems, see no need. Good luck to you.

Jamesbo did I ever send you an Amphicar key ring?

Gonna paint another door today and fix a couple little things and I think that will be it. Going to get that car, then probably dinner with everyone tonight. I'm leaving for home in the morning. Oh it was so nice driving with cold AC in the middle of the day.

Have a good day everyone. Might check in later with the good news of the new car.
Old July 24th, 2018, 09:41 AM

Went out and applied the weed n feed finally. It rained last night, so the grass was still wet, which is what it needs to stick, my luck it won't work. Mike, I always go to the dentist every six months, this was just a routine cleaning and check up, no big deal. Temps are low, but the humidity is creeping up.
Old July 24th, 2018, 09:43 AM

Mike,, No but I wore my lovely t-shirt last week, many thanks

So, I took the Cheby 2500 4x4 tail light lens apart 4 times, I didn't work while together but when I took it apart and checked the bulb, it worked. Thought maybe I was pinching a wire when I re-installed it, For those of you with/o a Cheby truck, this is kinda like brushing your teeth cause the tail lights are a real POS. I have bulbs on hand but none were needed

Finger crossed cause the 4th time must be a charm. Legal again

Mowed all the grass, got the marker delivered, [waiting on Gorilla for help installing]

Gonna fry up sum green maters, fields peas with sum ham fer supper
Old July 24th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Always room for one more

Okay had a good trip home with the new car. I can tell you the first thing I'm gonna do is get rid of the glass packs. Not a pleasant sound for two hours.

Anyway, no troubles except for the shifter hanging up between first and second. I think the clutch needs adjusting as well but it seemed like there was something either loose or the linkage hitting something.

Old July 24th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Always room for one more

Okay that's odd. Well, the car will stay at my niece's house until next month when I can get back down with the truck. Was a fun drive actually, first time I had ever been in a Toad, much less driven one.

Headed home tomorrow. I'll be glad to get back. Not looking forward to going to Ohio on Thursday but I'll make the best of it. Tiger will go to jail and I'll be on my own. Actually sounds kinda good for a change.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old July 24th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Okay, I had a response typed out and somehow clicked on one of the other browsers I have open and lost the whole thing. So, since it almost 11:00 I will just say I hope everybody had a good day and get on in the morning.
Glenn
Old July 24th, 2018, 09:07 PM

Mike, ya know the drill, PICTURES!
Old July 24th, 2018, 11:32 PM

Morning everyone.

Still sunny and warm outside, been for weeks. Which is gooooood. Strange to be on vacation. Yesterday mowed my yard, and did minor repairs at house. yea, few beers too.

Today? Same..

Have a great day everyone!
Old July 25th, 2018, 02:24 AM

Mawn'in

Up early for exercise class [that's your joke of the day]

Glen, I hate that when that happens

Mike, Must be one super fast car to make it home from Pensacola in 2 hours

Made a Key lime pie and an apple pie that I'm gonna take to sum elderly friends in the big city

Old July 25th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone

Yesterday was the first day without rain. Spoda be a cut/paste today only a bit warmer. Maybe get up to 75 or so. Also was a Costco day yesterday. I needed gas and they're the cheapest anywhere, plus I also needed a 20 pounder filled with propane. Again, they can't be beat - 7.50 for a 20 lb refill.

My little garden is going absolutely nuts. With all the moisture lately the plants are growing like crazy! I might have to stake some of the beans to keep them from overflowing to the grass.

Well the insurance fight is going to the next level. The claims "leader" Jeff says that they have done everything reasonable to accommodate the problem and won't respond to any further correspondence on this issue. Of course he's hoping that will shut me up and make me go away - not a snowballs chance in hell. They have only listed 2 vehicles and people on their Autoplus entry when there should be 3. That means in their system of coding, because their driver was not at fault, ours was. What they failed to do was enter the original at fault driver, which would put us also at 0% at fault. This is going now to their ombudsman. If nothing happens there, I will take it to the IBC for resolution where if necessary I can get a Final Resolution Letter that I can take to court and sue their *** for damages, and also force them to correct a mistake that would only take their underwriting department less than 5 minutes. If you want to see what a real turd looks like, Jeff Freeze is that image.

Glenn - Been there done that. I get in the habit of doing a Ctrl A, then Ctrl C before leaving a page that I've got ready to post. On the puter it seems to be less of a problem than with the iPad. I feel your frustration because sometimes it just is hard to rewrite everything that was just entered.

Jouni - Anutter cut/paste day? Shocker that you only had a few beers...

Jim - Hahahahahaha, still at it huh? Is it werkin? Nice of you to do that baking. I never had key lime pie since my grandma got sick back in the late 80's. She made an absolute killer key lime, but I do love a good apple one. My missus doesn't make pies though so I have to watch for stores that sell good ones.

Mike - X2 on what Dan said. I tried glass packs back in the 70's but didn't like em so they came off almost as fast as they went on.

Happy humpday everyone.
Old July 25th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:
Well, let's see if I do better this morning after a two cups of coffee and breakfast.
The latest development on my wife is that she has a cystic tumor on one of the nerves coming from her spine. We met with the doctor on Monday after his review of the MRI's. The good news is they are rarely malignant. She had breast cancer in 2009 so they are being cautious. We have an appointment with a specialist next Thursday. We will know what direction we are going after that. Surgery would not surprise me.
I just have some of the usual stuff on tap today. I have to go get a part for a pressure washer I was working on yesterday. I pulled it out of the storage unit last Saturday. It came out of the estate I was executor a few years ago. It has not run in several years but has a Honda engine on it that still has the tags on it. I think it had been cranked one time and had old gas in it and the carb was as gummed up as any I have ever seen. I pulled the carb and soaked it overnight in carb cleaner. When I put it back together yesterday, it started on the first pull. Then I went a got a new hose for it since the original was missing. After I hooked it up I found the quick connect on the pump had a small crack in it and sprayed water. Back to Northern Tool to get a new quick connect/disconnect today and I think it will be fine. I loaned my other one to my brother and told him he could keep it if I got this one going. I have a couple Sea Doos I need to wash down and get ready to sell but that is another story. I have to take the two grandsons to T-Mobile to look at new phones this morning. The oldest one has to have an Android based phone for school and the youngest one pretty much has to have one too. Times have changed.
Mike, we need to see pictures of the Valiant. One of my best friends in high school folks got a new 1960 Valiant when they first came out. His mom worked for the local Chrysler Plymouth dealer and got one of the first ones. It was black with red interior. I have not seen one in a long time.
That is about it Olds friends. I better finish this before I screw up again. I feel like in am on borrowed time. Have a good day everybody.

Glenn
Old July 25th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

YES!!!
I placed another call to the ombudsman (actually turned out to be an ombudswoman) this morning just after 8:30 am. She's down east so it was 10:30 there. I was a bit surprised when she asked if it was me by name. Sure enough. Her next comment was the one I'd been waiting to hear for 2 months now. The problem is fixed and the correct information has been entered on the Autoplus report. My sons name has been cleared of any fault which means his insurance premium will go down. Amy was a pleasure to talk with and also sent me a screen shot of the correction that had been done to prove that the error was fixed. So Mr. Jeffrey Freeze - eat crow. A woman was smarter than you and was able to act on something you didn't have the time or courtesy to. Sorry, I'm just feeling so much better it's like the weight taken off my back.

Glenn - I'm sorry to hear about your wifes health issue and hope it all works out well. Surgery is so invasive and takes a lot longer to heal as we age so I hope that option isn't the route they choose. When you store your pressure washer for the winter, do you flush it with pump lube? I had exactly the same problem you have with my old Karcher units simply because I didn't use that winter conditioner to remove the water and condition the seals in the pump. Now it's a must do thing every fall when it gets put away for the season. The stuff is called "Pump Saver" (Briggs & Stratton) or "Pump Guard" (Karcher) depending on manufacturer.
So why do they need a phone for school? I know most schools now require a tablet for school work, but this is the first I've heard of mandatory cell phones.
Old July 25th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks Allan. As I have told her, she is going to be fine, I just don't know what it is going to take to get her there. She spent a couple days in the hospital last November with AFIB. That is under control with some expensive medication and we are now in the medicare donut hole. She gets off on these guilt trips and I have told her it is no fault of hers. I will remember the stuff for winterizing the pressure washer. The cell phone is really a necessity of the old grandson due to band. Band camp starts next week and he has to be able to communicate with his mother. In addition the school will send out messages during marching season to all band members. The youngest one doesn't require a phone but often has to communicate with his mother or her with him. Then of course they are both teenagers and communicate with their friends. What a different world we are in.
Old July 25th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

You're right. It's a different world. Check out your Olds and compare it to a 2018 Chev, Ford, Import etc. What used to be just is a vision in the rear view mirror. I remember growing up as a kid, we had a party line for a phone. There was no TV, we did have a radio that got used very little and it was only AM. We had records to listen to; remember the old 45's? Bikes were the way to cruise, and if you didn't have one you learned to book it. Friends were closer and more in tune with each other. Building forts, playing cowboys and indians were common place. And of course there was Scraps and Saybee. Two of my closest 4 legged friends in the world for a 5 year old. I don't remember what breed they were but I do remember causing a fuss and neighborhood commotion when I went missing one afternoon. Where did they find me? In Saybee's doghouse snoozin with the hound. Good times, good memories.
Old July 25th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little while ago. Didn't think I'd ever get here. We stopped three times for various reasons, and also sat in accident traffic for over an hour. Glad to be home.

Glenn every computer I've had save for the first one has had problems with deleting things, freezing up, etc. The first computer I had was a Pentium II that was dial up. Never had a lick of trouble. Every one since, so called "upgrades" have given me grief.

I hope your wife starts seeing relief soon. My sister makes fun of me because I'm starting to have a couple issues that are the same as what my Mom has. When did I become my parents?

Allan you should send the screen shot to Jeff Freeze and also give him Amy's phone number and say she wants to talk to him. I'm sure she'd have a couple interesting words for him.

Pictures of the Valiant will have to wait. The car is at my niece's and I'll go get it in a couple weeks. Here is some Valiant trivia. The 1960 Valiant wasn't a Plymouth. It was supposed to be its own line. Valiant was the make, V200 was the model. I don't know why it changed. Also the 1960 Valiant was the first car to come with an alternator.

Jamesbo I've never seen the words "super fast" and "Slant 6" in the same sentence. Although this one is bored 60 over and has an Isky cam in it.

Gonna be an early night, I'm beat. More traveling tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 26th, 2018, 05:15 AM

Mawn'in

Warm [not too hot] but still dry

Mike, Have you ever read Lee Iacoca's Book? He talks about the Valiant being indestructibly so people never got rid of them. Bad for business

Glenn, Got luck with the Mrs health. May she live long and prosper

Allan, Back when I was a pup [Right after WW II ended] we all got our 'Toys" at the Army Surplus store. Along with a canteen on a pistol belt, every kid had a trench tool. Digging fox holes was a hobby til ya hit a water line the you had your very own swamp

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
trench tool.jpg (102.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 26th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Beautiful cool morning - only 46 outside. Dew is on the grass, I got my feet wet taking trash out. Spoda hit a high of around 75 later.

Jim - yeah, I member those trench shovels well. As a kid I thought they were kinda useless till I found they could be locked at different angles. But then again where I grew up there wasn't swamps, just forest and digging it the forest was a royal pain. I wasn't allowed to have a jack knife till I got to around 6.

Mike - safe travels. No, I don't think I'll bother with Mr. Jeff. I'm sure that Amy has already had a chat with him about this. No point stirring the pot when the stew is already served.

Well, tis Thorsday so you know where I'm off too in anutter hour.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old July 26th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Been to Awful house and back and now headed to the airport. I haven't flown since March, I hope the rules haven't changed much.

Not looking forward to the event, and I kind of hate that I got talked into going, but I do want to see a couple people and I'm going to check out the yellow convertible I was asking about a few weeks ago. It faithfully re-ups on ebay every Thursday.

Got my car and room until Sunday but I'm quite sure I'll be back Saturday. And if I see everyone and see the car I might come back tomorrow. I know I'm not going next year, I fully plan on the Corvair convention in Illinois.

Okay enjoy the rest of the week everyone.
Old July 26th, 2018, 07:27 AM

I have one of those shovels, mine might be a newer reproduction. Off to P.T., and yep Jim ya nailed it, physical torture. I hurt more afterwards, than before.
Old July 26th, 2018, 01:10 PM

Put out a few tons of gravel [57 stone] on the cemetery road. Actually wrote a check to the dump truck driver
Old July 26th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - Why would that be something? Or don't most people know what a check is?
I'm seeing a different type of screen on the Quick Reply part of this thread. Did something change since this morning, because it didn't look like this at 6:00 am
Old July 26th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Here's what I mean
Old July 26th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got here a little while ago. Took me 3 hours to get to Celina from Dayton. It should be less than an hour. Sat in accident traffic, then accident traffic reroute. My head was about to explode. Then the radio said it was a fatality crash. Suddenly things didn't seem so bad for me.

Remember I said it drives me insane when it rains and the people in Georgia turn on their hazards? Here in Ohio they turn their hazards on when they're in accident traffic. What did these people do when there were no hazard lights on a car?

Allan the screen looks different for me, too. Must be something the powers-that-be decided to do. No biggie.

So it's raining here. This will put a damper on the Amphicar rides. Not a great idea to be out in an Amphicar with the top up I don't think. So that means the club members will just sit and drink beer. I may join them later.

I'm on the lookout to avoid the club president. Luckily he stays at a different hotel. It will be good to see everyone else.