The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well I'm happy, Jamesbo! Yes, I have "rest in my *** now", as my mother would say!!
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:16 AM

Mawn'in all

Slept like a log now that the exigency de jour has past.

Anutter hot dry day down ere.

Maybe I'll drive over to Ocracoke? I sure could use a fried soft shell crab sandwich 'bout now.

Have a Wonderful Friday my Olds friends.
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:47 AM
CQR

Good morning fellow enthusiasts.

Gonna be a little cooler here today. Only the mid ninetys with a slight chance of rain. Welp. I'm employee free for the next 2 weeks. He's getting married and takin a 2 week honeymoon Its a good thing I take my dog, so people wont think I'm talkin to myself. Better head out to the salt mines. have a great weekend.
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Friday to ya! It's cloudy here and in the 60's. Supposed to have sun/clouds and high 70's here for the next 8 days!! I won't hold my breath but it would be nice!

To Darrell and all our friends over on the East coast, STAY SAFE!! I'll be hoping there won't be much damage to you all from the storm!! Let us know how you all come through!

Jamesbo... so glad you slept well!

Still trying to decide which show to go to tomorrow. Coventry or the Hillbilly Rod and Custom show. I dunno.....

Went to Bellacino's in Stow last night. Not the usual amount of cars, probably because of the big cloud bank that was over us. No rain, just clouds. Paul and his dad showed up late. They had been shopping at Summit, lol! Paul is getting lots and lots of pics! I introduced them to my friend Ron with the beautiful gold Cutlass S. They were still talking when I left last evening after 8, lol.

Today Paul and his dad are heading towards the Dayton area to go to Wright Patterson AFB. I won't see them until the Olds show on Sunday. I'm getting used to having them around, lol!! They are just super nice guys!!!!

So my child is out in friggin Dallas somewhere...... she left last Saturday. Visiting "friends" according to Dave. I thought for sure she was done going to meet strangers when she moved in with Dave. Shows ya what I know!! I am soooo tired of worrying about her stupid a$$!!!!! I don't know what she's doing.

Scot.... you haven't been on much - did you find a job??

Well I'm glad it's Friday - been a long boring week. Weekend will go soooo fast.

Have a great day all!!
Old August 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Morning Olds nuts

Another day in paradise. Warm and sunny. Like Sandy says hope all the people in the way of the storm stay safe. It sounds like its going to be a bitch.

Have a good weekend all
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:38 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Scot.... you haven't been on much - did you find a job??
Not officially yet, but I had to go get fingerprinted for the USPS So I think I'm in I've been down at my shop working on an engine and it is being a booger. And everytime I turn around someone is showing up and wants to chat. So needless to say it's hard to get anything accomplished with all of the visitors. I understand though, since I am rarely there.

Have a good day all!
Old August 26th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

......Not officially yet, but I had to go get fingerprinted for the USPS So I think I'm in

Well that's great news!! Sure hope it comes through for ya!!
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:05 PM

Congrats Scot,

If/when ya go "Postal" they not have to hunt you down.
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Morning All!

I hope everyone is alright from the storm. Man that thing is packing a wallop, Jamesbo I hope you got your crab sandwich and got the heck out of there, Okracoke is no place to be right about now.

Thanks all for the congrats on the job, but it ain't in the bag yet I still haven't heard back from them.

I've got a very special birthday party to attend today. It's my Grandfather's and he is turning 87 He served in the Second World War climbing German poles and trees to run our intelligence cables and wires. I am very proud.

I hope everyone has a great day and all N. Carolina residents and above the Eastern seaboard stay dry out there
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:37 AM

Mawn'in

Scot,

Well be sure and wish Grandpa a happy berfday fer me.
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Glad to see everyone has power and is OK after all I'm seeing on the news here is talking about the state funeral for the leader of the opposition and Irene. Beautiful warm and sunny day here. Hope you all get through it safe and sound.
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a very cloudy day here today, with the sun coming out for a few minutes once in a while. Very windy and in the 70's. Had some light scattered rain in places too. Yesterday was sunny and gorgeous.

I went to the Coventry show yesterday - didn't know Pop's guys would be judging or I'd have went to the other one. Needless to say, a lot of the Ravenna boys won yesterday. There were a lot of nice cars there, and the winners were deserving, though. I enjoyed it, and it helped the school.

Today was the Olds show!! Wish the weather would have been better. It was a nice show - they announced there were 150 cars there! Lord, they were all beautiful! I had an Oldsmobile high going all day, lol. I took lots of pics of course, so I'll have to put them on a new thread when I get them downloaded.

I was hoping Paul would get the award for "longest distance", but he got beat by someone from Missouri by 25 miles! They were heading back home today after the show. I'm gonna miss them! It was nice having them at the cruise ins. I pointed out Kurt - "W Machine" - to Paul and he got to talk with him today. I told my friend Carl with the beautiful blue 69 Cutlass S about our site here, so maybe he'll join us.

I'm going to be getting a set of rims from Carl - he said they look just like mine, and he had them on his 69 for awhile.... are they gonna fit my car?? Gotta look up some old threads on that. He said they would. I believe him, but wanted to ask you experts, lol! I'm excited..... I can just take them somewhere and get them painted and put them on my car!! He said they don't have center caps, but mine should fit right on. Bolt on. I should get them Tuesday.

The weekend sure went fast. Can't believe tomorrow's Monday already. Short week for me - I took vacation days for Thursday and Friday. Hard to believe it's gonna be September this week! Leaves are already falling off our one Maple tree out here.... way too early. I'm not liking it!!

Well I'll talk to ya tomorrow! Goodnight all!!
Old August 29th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Come out, come out where ever you are!

I figure Jamesbo is golfing this morning. It's chilly here - I had to put on capri's today. About 56 degrees. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Very quiet in here this morning. Probably be a quiet week with a holiday coming up.

Well gotta get my pics over to photobucket so I can post. Have a good day all!
Old August 29th, 2011, 06:07 AM
CQR

Morning Sandy. Hope all had a great weekend, We put 650 miles on the Duramax yesterday. Went to Wyoming and Nebraska looking for alfalfa. Didn't find what we needed but did get to see how things in little towns work, and kind of miss it. Hope everyone has a great week leading up to a nice 3 day weekend.
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:39 AM

Good morning all

Another week, Wow August 29th already. Just finished painting all of the eves around the house and motorhome carport. I've spent the last three weeks getting ready for the rain to come back. Kinda depressing. Did a pork roast on the grill last night turned out great, now I get to eat pork sandwiches yum yum.

Jamesbo is out trying to break into the 70's with the little white ball. We'll see how that works out.

Have a good day all
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jamesbo is out trying to break into the 70's with the little white ball. We'll see how that works out.
Pat.

At # 4 I was -1 then I found my game.

Had to mark a grave early to get it opened, hit whitey round, and return for an afternoon service.

People,

If I said it once, I'd said ti a thousand times. Waiting til the last minute to do what cha know is going to have be done in a very stressful time is a BAD IDEA. I started talking with a young man 3 weeks ago when his mother was in hospice but he waited until 3:00 p.m. Yesterday to make arangements for a funeral today at 4:00.

Worse part about it, his father is also ill and he's going to make the same mistake twice.
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:45 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All!

It is HOT here!

Well I got the good news today! I am gainfully now employed by the United States Postal Service! Yay me! I am just waiting for everything to go through okay and waiting on the call to show up for duty. I sure hope it is a good job that I will enjoy.

I hope everyone has a great evening, it is cocktail thirty and I am dancing in the streets.

Scot
Old August 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Good Afternoon All!

It is HOT here!

Well I got the good news today! I am gainfully now employed by the United States Postal Service! Yay me! I am just waiting for everything to go through okay and waiting on the call to show up for duty. I sure hope it is a good job that I will enjoy.

I hope everyone has a great evening, it is cocktail thirty and I am dancing in the streets.

Scot
Happy days are here again, the sky is blue again. Congrats Scot. I'll have a drink tonight and toast to your new job
Old August 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Pat, I feel pretty good about it considering I was elected out of 30+ candidates
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Hot Hot and Hot is all we get for our forecast.

I am going to my shop today to clean up some and hopefully get that engine disassembled. I just hope everyone and their brother doesn't come by just to shoot the breeze.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Scot
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:04 AM
CQR

Congrats on the job Scot. Hope it's something you enjoy. Morning everyone. Have a great Tuesday.
Old August 30th, 2011, 05:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Congrats Scot,

I'm on my way down to stare under the hood and get in your way. Bye de bye, do ya have a cold one, I can suck on while I get in your hair?

It's anutter hot dry one up ere [down ere to yous guys]
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Good Afternoon All!

It is HOT here!

Scot
Congrats Scott. My wife just got a job with Canada Post.
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Clint, Jamesbo and Ken.

Come on down Jamesbo and brought a gallon of that formaldehyde with you, I heard it works great on rust and stuck pistons. And if there is no more cold beer, then I'll buy more
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:22 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Cool and light rain today according to the weatherman. Oh well stuck in my home office anyway trying to catch up on work.

When do you start Scot? Don't go postal on us now, and watch out for those lonely widow ladies, I hear they can be dangerous.
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Scot..... I'm sooooo happy for ya!!! Great news this morning! You'll have to tell us what you'll be doing there, soon as you know. I always thought I'd like to work at the post office. They're closing some of the post offices around here, due to the amount of email and such that is sent now.

It was 55 chilly degrees this morning and heavy dew everywhere. Sun is out and sky is blue. Gonna be a beautiful day! I heard em say this morning that our high on Labor Day is gonna be friggin 60 degrees!!! I don't remember a Labor Day that cool. We haven't even had the August heat and humidity. It's waaaaayyyy too early to be having these chilly temps. Hope you all are ready to hear me whine when winter shows up starting in September, lol!

I went out and picked (and ate) a bunch of our concord grapes last evening! They are delicious!!!! They didn't do real good this year, I don't know why. Lots of little dried up dead ones on the stems. But the ones that made it are good!!! I was eating them as fast as I could pick them, lol. Piles and piles of deer crap out there too.

Had a pleasant surprise - not - waiting for me in here at work this morning...... mouse droppings and urine all over my table!! (we don't have desks). So I've been cleaning with antibacterial dish soap and Lysol wipes ever since I got here!!! They didn't get into the drawers of my little stand I have - where I keep all my candy and munchies, lol - that I can see. They were over on Brian's table and they ate into his pack of crackers he had laying there, lol. I don't think they made it into the kitchen cabinets. Some are tall and I can't see up there and there's nothing to stand on in here. I have boxed soups and oatmeal and such up on the top shelf out there.

I called the slum lord and left him a message to get us some traps for in here. And to replace the ceiling tile that caved in over the weekend due to a leak in the AC unit on the roof. The mice probably came down from the ceiling, who knows.

I think Carl is supposed to bring those rims over tonight.... No one answered me yet - Are they gonna fit my car? 14 inch (far as I know) and he had them on his 69 Cutlass S for a while. Scot?????

Well I hope Paul and his dad made it home safely and missed the hurricane weather. I haven't heard. Guess I better do something, so Have a great day all!!
Old August 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
"Car"mudgeon

When do you start Scot? Don't go postal on us now, and watch out for those lonely widow ladies, I hear they can be dangerous.
I am not sure Pat, I think they are waiting on my background test results and the okay from the main office. And don't worry about the lonely ladies, I am a very happily married man.

Thank you Sandy, I am going to be a clerk. I will train at the register, sort mail and even do passports from what they've told me. And yes those rims will fit, especially if they were on his '69 Cutlass, they will fit yours. Originally the '70's - '72's came with 14" rims. Mine had G70 X 14's an option back then for a better performing tire, pretty much like the W-30's came with standard. By the way, what is wrong with your wheels?
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Hi everyone.

Got home yesterday. Monday was a nice day for driving, not too hot and some clouds for shade.

Just got back from a local cruise night.

The trip to Ohio was great, 5 cruise nights, an Olds show and 2 museums (Crawford auto museum and USAF museum in Dayton). It was nice to finally meet Sandy and Kurt in person.

I have about 700 or 800 pictures from all the cruise nights and the Olds show to upload. It might take a while. I will post links when they are up.

Sandy, thanks for the info on cruise nights and the Olds show. It was nice to know someone so far from home.

Hopefully I will get to meet others from here in person someday.
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:19 PM

Congrats Scot.
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:15 AM

Mawn'in all

De wind keeps turn'in on us. Yesterday and dis mawn'in it was blow'in out of de south fer a while den it stops and comes outa de NW. I don't get it. We really need sum rain De Oak trees are looking tired.

Gotta go to de city and get de stiches taken outa whar de hacked a chunk outa my skin fer a biospy. Joy of Joys Still ain't gotta clue what caused de rash.

Might get my ears lowered while I'm out.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and partly cloudy here this morning. In the 60's now but supposed to get up to 80. They're calling for a chance of rain this morning, then it's supposed to move out and be nice. It really doesn't look like rain, though. It's getting muggy again. We're supposed to be up in the high 80's tomorrow and 89 on Friday! Then a cold front for the weekend of course. Supposed to rain both days and chances on Monday too for the holiday. I gotta look and see if the BOP at Summit on Sunday has a rain date.

I went out to the Solon cruise in last night. Took some Olds pics. Gotta get them downloaded. It was a nice night - got pretty chilly when the sun was setting, though. I ran Teepo's heater on the way home for a while. She sure has a good heater, lol!!

Paul! I'm glad you all made it back safely!! It was soooo nice to meet you and your dad! You are both such nice guys!! It was truly a pleasure!!

Scot... Nothing wrong with my rims, except the fact I'm never gonna get them off the car, sandblasted or whatever and repainted!! They are chipped bad in places and those places are rusty. They look like crap, I think. Teepo can't have rims that look like crap on her, lol! Carl was at the house when I got home from work with the rims. I only opened the top box, and that rim looks good. He's got them painted silver. Trim ring didn't look bad nor did the bezels. So now I gotta call around and get some prices on painting them. I'm gonna check in to powdercoating too and see if they can do the green color. I think there's a place around us here.

Then I have to worry about someone messing them up when they're putting my tires on them!! I'm hoping I can just take her somewhere and they can put her on a lift and take the tires off the old rims and put them on the new rims and put back on the car. I'm gonna order new lug nuts too. The edges are rusty on some of them from what I assume are air ratchet scratches.

So Jamesbo..... is your rash still there?? I hope they can figure it out. One of the reasons doctors "practice" medicine I guess, lol!

Well have a great day all!!
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

It's another copy and paste HOT day here in Da South

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Congrats Scot.
Thanks man

Oh okay I wasn't sure if there was anything wrong with your rims Sandy. The good thing about getting your tires mounted is that the tires go on from the back side of the rims. But I guess they could be damaged depending on the way they hold them down while removing and replacing the tires. One good thing is the trim rings will hide most of that damage, and the trim rings themselves do scratch fresh paint when putting them on, but don't worry you won't be able to see that either.

I am still wrestling with this engine and I have been working on a small trailer to tow my mower around and other small stuff with. I had to rewire the lights, change the ball on my tow hitch and drill out rivets to change the tag on it. But was able to bolt the new tag in place easily.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:43 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Getting ready to take another trip to Mississippi. This traveling gig is getting old, no time toe work on either Olds and no time for cruising. Got most of the work on the house ready for winter, just lack staining the new trellis over the front deck with lattice on sides (18' x 30'). I'd rather work on my cars but gotta get the place ready to sale next spring.

Scot have fun clerking, Hope you like dealing with crazy people. I have seen some real nuts in the line at the post office.

Sandy, get them wheels mounted gotta make Teepo look like she's all dressed up and ready to party not like she's wearing work boots and ready to clean the barn
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:44 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Getting ready to take another trip to Mississippi. This traveling gig is getting old, no time toe work on either Olds and no time for cruising. Got most of the work on the house ready for winter, just lack staining the new trellis over the front deck with lattice on sides (18' x 30'). I'd rather work on my cars but gotta get the place ready to sale next spring.
You have to make time for the Olds!

I had some bad news or good news from the doctor after my brain MRI the other day. The good news is "You didn't have a stroke!" The bad news is "You have a tumor pressing on your optic nerve..."

At least he found out why I was walking funny and having headaches.....

Scheduled for a meeting with the neurosurgeon on the 20th (He must not think it'll kill me in two weeks!"

Wish me luck in this new and ever-changing facet of my retirement!

--Don
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Best of luck Don I hope everything works out for you. You will be included in our prayers.

Pat, I know about the crazy nuts you are referring to, we have em here too. But that was on the questionnaire about how I would react to one of "them" Makes you want to go postal
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh Don!!! Hope everything will be alright! I was wondering about you the other day - we haven't heard from ya. Will keep you in my prayers!!!!
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
You have to make time for the Olds!

I had some bad news or good news from the doctor after my brain MRI the other day. The good news is "You didn't have a stroke!" The bad news is "You have a tumor pressing on your optic nerve..."

At least he found out why I was walking funny and having headaches.....

Scheduled for a meeting with the neurosurgeon on the 20th (He must not think it'll kill me in two weeks!"

Wish me luck in this new and ever-changing facet of my retirement!

--Don

Gee wiz Don that's not so good news. I'll be thinking about you and I'll toss in a prayer or two. Guess I'll stop wining now. Take care friend

Pat
Old August 31st, 2011, 08:39 PM

Pulling for you, take care.
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:05 AM
CQR

Best wishes Don,

Good morning all. Surprised some of those easterners haven't posted yet. Gotta get to work have a great day!
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Take care Don, You're in our hearts and prayers

Pat, Can't you find anything in Miss. to do but werk? They're sum interesting sites to make your visit more pleasant.

I always thought by the time i was in the 4th quarter, I could coast a little. But I spose I'm gonna be werk'in when the final gun goes off.

Scot, There's a postal guy down in Alpharetta [ Dats pronounced Al fretter to my northern friends] who spends de whole day jok'in with customers. Must make de day go faster to add sum levity to de situation. Even people stand'in in de long lines are amused and when de finally get to be waited on de don't want to kill sum body. He does crazy stuff like when ya get to his window, He'll say, "Sorry Break time" LOL

Sandy,

Just to get you frett'in. You do know there is a right and a wrong way to balance new SS II/III tires/rims. They should hve the caps on them to be "Correct"
That ought give you about a weeks worth of trying to find a tire store to do it right.