The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2017, 09:51 PM
Always room for one more

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/image....5&type=profile

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/FB...xiH=w1366-h652

John here are my two trucks. The CUCV I don't own anymore, sometimes wish I did, and the big Deuce is what needs to be worked on. I wish it would have just shown the pictures instead of creating links. So much for easy to use Google.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 10:05 PM

Mike, the links don't work.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Mike, the links don't work.

London, A little TMI

Inline, Kinda a short honeymoon

Welp, This Monday so GTG

Have a great week Olds friends
Old July 3rd, 2017, 03:52 AM
MOTORHEAD

fish fry 1 pm

POST TOASTY HERE
glad wife is driving the mobile today
IRON MAIDEN Concert till dawn

Rock out with your Oldsmobile out

Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin,

Start of Anutter hot one here. Not as hot as some of you but hot for us.

Jim - Have fun punishing whitey. I predict 44/47
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Muddy and wet. That's the weather.

Sorry about the links. You'd think that as much as google tries to run the world they could do something simple like right click and paste.

I'm about to wage war against the garbage company. They come whenever they want, sometimes early, sometimes at 5 in the afternoon. Today I went out at 8 to put the trash out and they'd already been past. I called. Stayed on hold until the phone went dead. Went past their office. They've moved customer service to Fairburn(about 30 miles away). When I do get ahold of them they are indifferent. Trouble is, this is Waste Management. Whenever there's another game in town they buy them up so we're required to have $hitty service.

Had a nice time with John and Better Half yesterday. This despite them trying to kill me. John says, we'll take a little walk up Bell Mountain. He failed to tell me it was straight up. Now, for those of you who don't know, John and BH are very thin, and I am very fat. Luckily when we got back there was pie for me to regain my strength.

Not sure what to do today. Maybe just hang out with Tiger. Last day off, it needs to count. Hope everyone has a safe 4th.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:56 AM
Captain Starfire

Mike, X3 on the links.

Great day yesterday. We & Mike took the new road (as of late last year) to the summit of Bell Mountain. We tried in vain to see our place, but were a bit overwhelmed. Here's a sample of the view.

Congrats, Inline! Many happy years to you & your bride (and #3, #?, #?, #?, etc. LOL).

Jamesbo, when George moved in in 1895, I know he continued to finish things and maybe even make changes. Not sure of exactly what "improvements" were made after he moved in.

Have a great 4th of July week, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 3rd, 2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:41 AM

Allan, Close but no stogie 45/46
Old July 3rd, 2017, 10:30 AM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

Afta' noon gentlemen,

Been high tailin it around the country and missed seeing what the goings on have been, hope all are well, apparently newly hitched (congratulations) and reading of yet another customer complaint, this time in a green cemetery. Takes all kinds.

Like Jamesbo's grass, my garden is getting a workout. Making cherry pepper jelly, taking a walk on the wildside and getting some blackberries to do the same for tomorrow. Some homemade ice cream with this sorrid topping sound just like the thing to get me through the fireworks over the next 48 hours. That and a cold Oldsmaniac beverage. Carry on boys and happy 241st birthday to we the Yanks!
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
CQR

Afternoon all.

Been giving people bad news all day. there are many out there that don't realize the red zone at the top of their temp gauge is not a place you want to play at.

Have a Happy Independence day.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 02:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint - Bad news for them is good news for you. They should know better than to ignore the temp warnings. Did it translate to head gaskets or engine replacement?
Old July 3rd, 2017, 11:16 PM
MOTORHEAD

HAPPY 4JULY
MOTHER TRUCKER

Cheers
b
Old July 4th, 2017, 03:29 AM

Happy 4th Olds friends

Off a-gain to smack whitey around
Old July 4th, 2017, 05:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Happy Independence Day.

UPS coming in a couple hours to pick up a very excellent OEM replated rear bumper going to live on a friends 72 Cutlass S. Hopefully they don't handle it like the post office. Pretty big piece to ship.

Jim - Make whitey jump through the hoops today. Fairways will be crowded with de holiday crowd? I predict 46/48 today....

Brian - Cuppa racing fuel to start the day?

Ok, quiet one today until the paving crew arrives. Good day for a sunburn.
Old July 4th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Independence Day -- to Yanks & unYanks alike. ;-)

Think I'll plan on Jamesbo's famous itinerary (albeit not lately) by doing nothing, then resting up. We got the new video receiver and subwoofer up & running last week, to go along with the flat panel "tube" we got last Christmas; so it might be a day for a movie.

Hope all have a great day cracker-poppin' day.
Old July 4th, 2017, 09:32 AM

Happy 4th everybody. My greedy a$$ is going to work for 6 hours, then I'll come home and listen to fireworks going off until 3am.
Old July 4th, 2017, 09:35 AM

Nope Allan, Wrong again. The place was close to empty. Guess everyone was cooking BBQ

45/46

Now, I'm gonna rest up and then do nothing
Old July 4th, 2017, 12:10 PM

Happy 4th everyone
Old July 4th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Nope Allan, Wrong again. The place was close to empty. Guess everyone was cooking BBQ

45/46

Now, I'm gonna rest up and then do nothing
bahahahaha... a cut/paste score from de udder day. I'm surprised it was dead on the links. Usually everyone takes that opportunity. Mebbe not on Independence day though. That should be family time. So, what's your excuse??? De supermodel tell ya ta go whack whitey and git out of her hair??
Old July 4th, 2017, 03:43 PM

Allan, The Super Model has a "mandatory attendance" company party every 4th. She loves me soooooooooo much I get a pass for the company party from hell and don't have to mix with the unwashed masses at the worst tourist mecca in the south
Old July 4th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Happy Independence Day. I spent most of it sleeping. Then I got up and moved the Corvette over to the shop. Then it rained.

Okay Jamesbo I have to ask, what is the biggest tourist mecca? Six Flags? The zoo?

First night back. Everyone I tell that to they recoil in horror. How on earth could I go to work on the 4th of July? Well, it's like this...

My buddy is coming for a visit on Saturday. So I have the rest of the week to get ready. I told him not to expect much. I think this week is gonna go by quick.

Okay off I go. Watch your fingers everyone. Have a good evening.
Old July 5th, 2017, 02:56 AM

Mawn'in

Another wet one

Mike, They have their annual employees party at lake Lanier Islands, Water slide, wave pool and 1000 scramming yard apes

How did Tiger do with the fireworks gun fire etc?

Hope it dries out enough to mow, With all the rain I'm gone from once a week to three times a week

I was watching a clip of Red Skelton and Johnny Carson . I miss this kind of humor

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 5th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Captain Starfire

That's a great one, Jamesbo. I miss any kind of humor on TV -- When you look at that stuff and then compare with our current crop of at Amy Schumers, it's enough to make the casket seem a bit more appealing.

Was watching a Carson (on Y.T., of course) with Rodney Dangerfield from FROM THE SAME YEAR and I had to take a break I was laughing so hard.

Looks like anudder wet one. Prolly won't be able to break out my Flintstones turtle to nibble the grass again before we leave.

Have a dry one, Olds friends.

Old July 5th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin
Woohoo! We got a new road now. The paving is finally done. Nice to have a smooth road to drive on again.

Watering right now as we've had no rain for some time and I don't want the grass or plants to get stressed.

Hash browns with fried onjuns, ham and eggs on the griddle.

Enjoy your day.
Old July 5th, 2017, 08:43 AM

Some funny You Tube going on there. I want to cut the grass before the rain comes in tomorrow, but damn my back is killing me, musta slept wrong.
Old July 5th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, ya got the mower back from repair. Good stuff. Can't remember when you took it in but I'm guessing it runs better now? What all did they do to it?
Sorry to hear about the back trouble. You joined Londons club.
Old July 5th, 2017, 01:33 PM

Don't mention bad backs, second visit to the chiropractor today and it's still killing me. I also don't get any sympathy off the wife, just because she's had spinal fusion with a couple of ribs removed and a pound of titanium she thinks she knows everything!

So glad I've got fake grass, none of this worrying about the weather.

Weather hot and humid high 80s with thunderstorms expected tonight.
Old July 5th, 2017, 03:07 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by Allan R
Good Mawnin,

Happy Independence Day.

UPS coming in a couple hours to pick up a very excellent OEM replated rear bumper going to live on a friends 72 Cutlass S. Hopefully they don't handle it like the post office. Pretty big piece to ship.

Jim - Make whitey jump through the hoops today. Fairways will be crowded with de holiday crowd? I predict 46/48 today....

Brian - Cuppa racing fuel to start the day?

Ok, quiet one today until the paving crew arrives. Good day for a sunburn.

HIT the Pendleton
Canada whizzkey from oregon USA
tasty

a wee bit of earl gray
lipton
and 16oz budweisers on the sly LOL

wounded the last couple days
took midol tylenol and aspirin
head ache went away LOL

puked

so no ambulance ride lately

OUCH my back hurts

and sundry Warden unhappy

Last edited by 11971four4two; July 5th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old July 5th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It seems the rain has departed for the present time. Sunny and hot. Just how I like it. Saw much of the day today, much more than I wanted to.

London I'm sorry your back is giving you fits. My Dad had a bad back his whole adult life, and falling on the ice and twisting didn't help. Surgery was marginally helpful. He always had trouble with the cyadic nerve. No clue how to spell that.

Dan I could surf youtube for hours. I'll start out looking for something, then see something else interesting in the side bar, and it goes from there. Wikipedia is the same way. I'll click on the blue words and pretty soon I'm reading about something that has nothing to do with what I started out looking at.

Night Two. Last night wasn't so bad. Saw a lot of fireworks around the airport. Tiger didn't seem phased by fireworks. We heard quite a few before work and he didn't bother about them, and when I got home this morning it didn't look like he'd thrashed about in a frenzy.

And now time to get ready and head out. Hope everyone enjoyed Hump Day. John when are you going back?
Old July 5th, 2017, 09:09 PM

Yep, Allan got it back faster than they said that it would take, about 7 days rather than the 10-15 they quoted. Cleaned the carb, which is all that I wanted as I suspected that was the problem, but they decided that it needed a spark plug, blades sharpened, and a cord stop on the what else, the pull cord. It is very easy to start, so why they thought that all of this extra had to be done is beyond me. London, after what your wife has been through, I'll keep my whimpering to my self.
Old July 6th, 2017, 01:17 AM

Morning.

Wow, almost whole page has appeared when ive been working.
You guys had an independence day then, few days back.
Backs are hurting, and Jamesbo is resting so he can be doing nothing after it

Ive been working my *** off, last day+night is upon me. Waiting to get to sauna!
Wife hasnt been overwhelmingly happy about me being this much at work after wedding, but not much i can do for that.

Okay, have a good thursday everyone, im off to work after meal.
Old July 6th, 2017, 02:34 AM

Mawn'in

Inline, Ya snooze ya loose on this fast pace thread

Mike, Glad Tiger didn't mind the fireworks Red kinda sleeps thu the whole thing

Mow, mow mow

have a great day Olds friends
Old July 6th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,
This the day of Thor once again, so that means heading out shortly for brekkie wit de boys.

Jouni - Why are we not surprised? I think all wimmen have a vision of what kind of leash they want their hubby to wear.... Still it's too bad you can't take her on that special honeymoon to smooth her feelings.

Dan - Most lawnmower shops will look for the extra $ they can squeeze. When my recoil starter went, I ordered a new one from Sears, who had it for less than anyone else. Ezpz install and it starts way easier than new. The new OEM cord doesn't have a cord stop either and I'm not putting one on. I checked the plug and it was perfect, but I did buy a new one just because the mower is 6 years old now. Even with fuel stabilizer in the gas overwinter, the carbs do need cleaning periodically because of the ethanol that's in gas now. Glad you're happy with the mower and got it back quicker.

Jim - Wit all de rain y'all said cha got, dat should be row row row...

Clint - You up to your eyeballs with all those quotes you gave out recently?

Does Darrell and Scott ever visit this thread anymore?

Time to make myself purty and head out. Enjoy your day.
Old July 6th, 2017, 08:04 AM

Gettin' muggy here. Allan, my concern was that they did all of that extra work without asking me, and there was nothing wrong with the pull cord. I can sharpen the blades myself, and I agree on the plug, plus I use Sta-Bil for ethanol. That's o.k. though, as a buddy reminded me of a guy the does small engine repair about a mile from me...I had forgot about him.
Old July 6th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I agree that the extras they are charging you for should not have been done without the courtesy of a phone call to authorize it. I also sharpen my own blade and can't see the need for changing the cord unless it was badly frayed. Where it breaks most often is at the end of the recoil knot, which they likely could see when the shroud is removed to access the carb. Still it doesn't need a new cord for that, just cut off the fray, tie a new knot and bobs your uncle. Just an FYI, if the cord breaks as the lawnmower starts it usually buggers up that recoil spring and requires the whole thing to be replaced. Bottom line is that you're happy with the mower and it's reliable again. One less headache you don't have to worry about gives you time for things you really want to do.
Old July 6th, 2017, 11:06 AM

During my break from mowing [when it started to rain] I was multitasking and eating a sandwich [ a BLT toasted with blue cheese] while I put on a new watch band

Ya know how careful ya have to be with those spring loaded tiny post. Well I put the POS on bass ackwards.
Old July 6th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Old July 6th, 2017, 02:14 PM

Too darn hot today. Mid 80s and really muggy.
Tomorrow we are having an international day. The staff are making food from their own countries and we are selling to all my clients. The local mayor and her entourage are coming along with several other dignitaries. I've got a band playing and we are raising money for two local hospices. Should be fun, but not good for the diet, speaking of which I'm now down 29lb.

Picking up the Consul late tomorrow, I went to the garage today and there was a big gap where the engine should be, guess he's gonna have a busy one today.

Wife's birthday later this month, any idea what I can get the woman that doesn't actually need anything? Once I asked what she wanted and she said she didn't want anything, so I went along with that. She wouldn't talk to me for a week, it ended up costing me a trip to Rome to go to the Vatican!
Old July 6th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

London - She seems to have it all, but probably wants something like a trip to this event to spend time with you.... I think she's also into cars seeing what she bought you for your upcoming birfday To quote one of our members, "Nothing like the smell of racing fuel in the morning"

Now if she's not interested in that, you might want to think about a new Remington 1100 for shooting trap or skeet?

or maybe a fishing trip to Scotland??

I don't know what her tastes are for transportation, but maybe a scooter?? This would be wicked?

So much fun thinking of ways to spend your money
Old July 6th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

You know I was thinking, this is around the time we lost Sandy. For those of us who weren't around a couple years ago, and those of us who give a damn, Sandy was a regular here who had an absolute love affair going with her 72 Cutlass Supreme. Only the best for that car and she loved driving and showing her.

Sandy was a gem. You always knew where you stood with her and what she was thinking. Outspoken and passionate. She suffered from cancer for a lot of her adult life and it finally got the best of her a couple years ago. What a loss to the Oldsmobile community but more importantly a loss to humanity.