The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2011, 06:20 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Jamesbo is right about the $2 pistol, it is HOT down here. I guess he's off to chase the little white ball around. Hopefully Donny will give him some good news about the tank he's after.

Sandy, looks like all of your hard work paid off. Congrats one more time and I hope this is just one of many this year. At least it wasn't storming so bad they had to cancel. Did you get your armrests in yet?

I hope everyone has a great and safe Monday!

Scot
Old June 13th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sun is out - finally. Was cloudy all morning. Windy and cool - in the 60's. I took a vacation day today, going to the BOP over at the Riverfront this afternoon. Hopefully I'll get a picture award there!

Thanks all for the congrats - We appreciate it!! Did you see all the threads of pics, lol?? Just some beautiful cars, I'll tell ya! I love Oldsmobiles!

Jamesbo..... WMachine has been busy with the site "Wildaboutcars.com" from the Oldsmobile Performance Club. He was handing out flyers yesterday so people could join. First you have to sign up for Wild About Cars, then you can join the Olds Performance Club. He says there is sooooo much info on the site now. It's really growing, and keeps him busy. I asked him why he hasn't been on the forum. He's a really nice guy to talk to.

Those hash browns look good! Need some eggs or an omlet to go with em, though! I haven't eaten yet - gotta go get a bowl of cereal.

Have to go out and clean the dust off of Teepo so she's ready for later on. Don't have much else planned for my day off.

Scot..... I haven't got the arm rest pads yet. they should be on the way.

Have a great day all!!
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Went on a nice cruise to a oyster and clam bake about 80 from home. Small car cruise in 5-Olds from our club 3-57's 1-62 jetfire and 1-78 Toro. Two other olds showed up not in our club, 1-57 Fiesta wagon and 1-57-88 post coup with radio delete standard brakes and standard steering. Had a good time sunny and warm.

Those hashbrowns look good Jamsbo

Have a great day all
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Jamesbo.... all that cholesterol didn't get ya out on the golf course, did it?? I see you haven't been on all day.

Went to the BOP at the Riverfront this afternoon. Such beauties!! There were 375 cars there I heard. That's such a nice place over there. It just has atmosphere, ya know? Fountains at both ends, old buildings, brick street and of course, the river. It's just nice. It fills up fast there every Monday.

Teepo did win a picture award! I pick it up next Monday. I saw a lot of cars and people from the show yesterday. I will post pics in a new thread! Sorry if I post the same cars!!

Gotta go back to work tomorrow and sit there bored. Sure wish we'd win the lottery already, lol.

Well have a great evening all!
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Hi everyone.

I've been busy for the last couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to post. Good to hear people are doing well.

The last couple of weeks of May were busy with school work and final preparations to enter a school project in a national competition for mechanical engineering students being held in Vancouver, BC.

Last week was the trip for the competition. I left for Vancouver last Sunday and arrived back home on Friday. Four members of our 9 member team made the trip to Vancouver. We had a great time. We ended up getting 2nd place. We also had a chance to play tourist for a couple of days. None of us wanted to go back to Ottawa by the end of the trip, Vancouver is a great city. We even drove around downtown a bit on Wednesday afternoon and the fans were gathering for game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. If anyone is interested, we have a website for the project: http://customhybrids.ca/

I finally worked on the Cutlass today for the first time in 3 weeks, but still have the same problems. I just can't seem to get the pulleys aligned properly. None of them properly line up with any other at this point. This is a problem I have been having since I bought the car. I will post some questions and pics for that in the engine section. But I will take any help I can get.

And the spring has been wet here like everywhere else and many car shows and cruise nights have been rained out. The first all-GM show in 5 years was rained out with only about 30 cars showing up. I had the only Olds at the show.

But the rain has not stopped me from driving and enjoying the Delta.
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:15 AM

Mawn'in all

I drempth it rained but it didn't.

Oddest thing, when I can home from smacky white round [not a very good round 46/46] sum SOB had stolen a cast iron wash pot dat sits next to de garage. It was full of dirt and flours. De jes dumped de dirt in the drive and made off wit my wash pot.

I didn't think cast iron was a valuable as steel or copper.

Sandy, I posted yesterday at 7:17 and axed 'bout Kurt and posted on your pics thread. You answered but said I hadn't posted "all day."

Let's pay a little mo attention ere, Dis is important stuff ya know.

Congrat a-gain on winn'in.

About dis cholesterol. "What me Worry?"

I gets lots of exercise hop'in round and foller'in my Super Models directions. Sides, a few years back, I got my pipes checked wit the wire thingy they stick in your leg and run to your heart. Clear as a bell.

Zo, How 'bout sum coddled eggs dis mawn'in?
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Sandy, congrats on your picture award! That's what you were shooting for. Can't wait to see more pics.

Car Designer sounds like you've been extremely busy with some neat stuff. Congrats on your 2nd place win, that's impressive. Your pulley situation may be due to a waterpump change prior to you buying it. They come in three different sizes, just a thought.

Jamesbo yall ain't in the pokey are ya??

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and sunny here - in the 50's right now. My hands are like ice, lol!!!

Jamesbo..... I know you were on early yesterday morning, I meant after you went golfing, we didn't hear from you the rest of the day! Glad to hear ya didn't stroke out on us or something! Those eggs look pretty "under cooked", lol! I had a cinnamon raisin english muffin and yogurt.

It's gonna be a looonnnggg day, I can tell already. Very quiet in here. I'm not going to any cruise ins tonight. They need to have a few more around here on Tuesday nights other than Solon.

Tomorrow, there are 2 cruise in's, and a show at a nursing home. The show is from 5 - 8 pm, but by the time I get there it will be like after 6. So I don't know if I'll go. I told the nice guy handing out flyers that I would try. I like those shows, where the residents come out and look at the cars and they bring smiles to their faces!

Have a great day all!
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:54 AM

About de eggs. Sandy, "The shoe that fits one foot pinches another" C.G.Jung

I hate over cooked rubbery eggs. But I think we done been down dat road.

Nursing home car show? Hum?
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up, Jamesbo, lol!!!!
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:58 AM

I get it! Eggs...crack me up, or as they say on the egg commercials here..."Get Crackin'." Looks like rain for the next few days. Temps in the 70's. Engine is in the car and now have to hook up the exhaust, electrical rad,and coolant and then put the spark plug wires in place and start her up. Maybe she'll be ready for the weekend. A local church is have a Fathers' Day show on Sunday. Lots of churches around here found the gold mine a car show bring, more and more are holding them. We'll just about to start work. Time to see what countries will be calling today. Have a good day everyone.
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Well I'm disgusted, so I have to vent. I was hoping to get the new arm rest pads and the backing plates put in Teepo tonight. I took off the arm rest base thingy on the one side, and thought that the backing plate would just come off the door, but of course not! I suppose the door handle has to come off?? I don't know. Doesn't look like the plate hits the door handle. I thought I could just pull it off over the handle. I don't know how to get the handle off anyhow. I saw a clip but I'm too dumb to know how to get it out of there. So I didn't mess with it.

Also, on the back side of these new arm rest pads, looks like 2 "holes" on each end,in the hard plastic, where the screws would go to screw it back on the base, but they're not drilled out?? Are they supposed to be, or is that something I have to do too? I don't know this stuff and I get soooooo frustrated!

I can tell you they are nothing like Teepos originals! They have cheesy staples all along the underneath of them where they stapled the vinyl on, and it looks like on her originals, the vinyl is glued to metal. These are hard plastic with staples!!

So it was a very unproductive night. I might call Blue and see if he could put them on for me. I was hoping to get them on before the show this Saturday I'm going to.

Can't ask old grumpyass for help - he's not talking to me - again....... I had nerve enough to buy Nicole a new phone for her birthday (next month) and that changed our plan, and I guess I shouldn't have done that! Though he knew I was going to do it. Shame on me for doing something for my daughter. I'm still waiting for our lives to get sooooo much better now that she is out of the house. That's what he thought would happen. Still the same old shi* it's always been far as I can see, lol! I'm just in a pissy mood now. Sorry!

Ok I'm off to find Rob's thread again and re-read it about arm rests. Have a good evening and thanks for listening!
Old June 15th, 2011, 04:54 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and dry a-gain

Sandy go to de local auto shop and go to the "Help" section. Get cha a bag of clips. They're shaped like a tiny horse shoe and get lost all the time. Then get yourself a clip removal tool. It slide behind the door handle [or window crank] and just slides the clip off. Easy breezy with the right tool.

Here's one fer 5 bucks.
http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/door...l-p-12672.aspx

I'm working from memory so don't hold me to it. but on my cars I think the chrome plastic thing behind the arm rest is not screwed into the door pannel. I think it's just stuck to it by being pushed on for so long. You might have to pry it off.

Scot? Am I right/wrong??

Come to think about it. I think on mine you didn't have to remove the handle cause de hole was so large you could just thread the handle thru the plastic and it that was it.

There saved anutter damsel in distress. I think I'll go slay a dragon [or two]
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Thanks for your help Jamesbo. Rob tells me there is a clip behind that plate that holds it onto the door skin, and that the door skins should be taken off. I really didn't want to get into all that. Her backing plates aren't bad - just turning a little black in places where that "chrome" plating is wearing off. I might just try to polish it and see if that helps. I just don't know what to use? I don't want to scratch them.

So I think I'll just put on the arm rest pads and call it done. After I drill out the holes in the back of them. Lord!!! Can't anything ever be easy???

It's sunny here and in the 50's again. I'm tired of being cold again! Goin up to around 77 today, rain coming in for tomorrow and Friday. Hope it's out of here be Saturday - gotta show to go to! Brian is already whining about his grass turning brown cause we haven't had rain for like 5 days. Wahhhhhhhh.......

I wanted to go to that nursing home show tonight, but I don't know. Also 2 cruise in's.... I did get my bottle of paint yesterday, so I probably should work on the package tray. I don't know.

Well have a good day all! Gonna be a looooonnngggg one in here today!
Old June 15th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Ok,

Rob's knows what he's talking about, I have done it in years. I wonder if it's those push clips he's taking about like what holds on the door skins?

Taking off a door skin isn't that big of a deal.

I've got some old cracked 69 lay'in around. If you want me to send you one to play with let me know. Some people have tried using hobby paint on them. [like chrome paint] I haven't ever tried or know how well it works.
Old June 15th, 2011, 06:28 AM
CQR

Good Morning!

Kids birthday today. Again its gonna be hot and dry. And the Cottonwoods are fuzzing the whole town. It's hard to open a motor with the cotton flying all over the place. Can't wait till it all blows away. Have a great day everyone.
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Wooooooooo Hooooooooooo we got rain last nite. Thank ya lord.

Ken,

Boy yous guys north of the border sure take hockey seriously.

Sandy,

I guess ya don't want a 69 chrome plastic arm rest thingy to play wit.

Scot, Come out come out wherever you are.

CQR, Give your kids $100 bucks from me. I'll pay ya back and wish dem "Happy Berfday"

My cholesterol is kinda low dis mawn'in zo I'm fix'in up a mess of Nassau grits. Sandy, over easy is as done an egg as your gonna get.

Ere's de recipe for all you Grits lubers

http://www.grouprecipes.com/2437/nassau-grits.html

Dis will make ya slap yo mama. Yummy

First time I had des yummy grits was in Pennsecola,Fla. at an ole art deco diner called de Coffee Cup. It's one of dem ole timey places whar every waitress can balance 3 plates down her arm.

GTG play in the mud.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have clouds out here now - calling for rain/storms today and through the weekend on and off. In the 60's now. Was a beautiful morning early, sun was out shining nicely.

Didn't go anywhere last evening. Stayed home and put those cheesy arm rest pads on Teepo. Had grumpyass drill out the holes for me. They look nice, but I give them about 50 good pulls and they'll be loose, lol! Chinesium........... I polished up her backing plates best I could, but the chrome plating is just worn in places, so nothing I can do about that. She's old.... she's supposed to have worn places.

Yeah..... I heard the Canadians weren't too happy with Boston getting the cup? I hate it when people have to riot and act like animals over a friggin sport. That happens at Ohio State. People just get hurt or killed and it's stupid!!!!! Sad.

Jamesbo.... You make me laugh! Your cholesterol is kinda low?? That breakfast looks really good! I think I'd have my grits plain with butter, though! Talk about indigestion.......!! I'm happy you finally got some rain!! I picked my first little red mater last evening! My plants are loaded with tiny maters now, lol! Something ate my one little pepper plant, so I planted another one and sprinkled stuff to keep animals away around it. I have 4 peppers in a planter on the deck too. So far, nothing has bothered my green beans! They're starting to get little flowers on them!!

Another looooonnnnnggggg quiet day in here today. Have to take Nicole to the dentist at 1:00 so we're gonna have lunch first and then go. I won't get back till probably 2:30, so I'll have a little break today! Her boyfriend didn't get the house he was hoping to get, he found out yesterday. It was a reposessed house through HUD, and evidently the HUD contract expired or something, and he wasn't notified until a week later, and someone else bid on the house. Now he's trying to get his ernest money back out of them. Poor kid. I felt really bad for him. They have been staying in motels since the first of June - I know his credit card bills have to be huge!! He had to get out of the apartment where they were living by June 1st when the lease was up, and he thought he had the house. So, I guess they will rent another apartment or something.

Well I better do something, even if it's wrong, so I'll ttyl!! Have a good day all!
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM

Sandy,

You might have cut worms getting those pepper plants. Next one you plant make a little collar by cutting the bottom out of a paper cup and puting it in the ground w/ de plant inside. Keeps de cut worms away.
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

I've been battling sugar ants trying to keep them outside where they belong. I've got the stuff to keep them away alright it's just I can't pinpoint where those blasted varmints are coming in.

Sandy I sure hate to hear the bad news about the Yearnone armrests. I feel bad now since I sent you the link. They looked great in the catalog If it were me, I would've sent them straight back right away. Hopefully they will hang in there for you.

I don't understand the Canuck fans either, I guess they really had their hearts set on their first cup ever. Six cop cars set on fire

Oh well, I gotta get back to being da bug man. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well thanks for the tip, Jamesbo! I would have never thought of something like that, lol! The whole plant was gone - not even any sign of chewed leaves on the ground or anything. I thought maybe a rabbit ate it or something.

Scot... not your fault! They look nice on there. They're just not as good as the originals, but that's to be expected. They might surprise me, ya never know! The green matches and all, so it's good!
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM

Scot, Seems like my grand mother used to pour sum Karo in a jar lid and those suckers would get in there and never get out. Might give it a try.
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:01 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I may have to try that if this other stuff I'm feeding em don't work. It's called Terro and it is the only thing that works for me on these sugar ants. They take it back to their "nest" and it kills em all! Well that's the plan.... Thanks for the tip, it may become door #2 for them
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
CQR

Too bad chlorodane is outlawed. If you have any friends up north of the border, maybe they could send you some.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Captain of my ship

Don't know about clorodane but here this year I can't even get killex or roundup for the weeds in the lawn. Even the insecticides they now have to keep under lock and key at the stores and can only be sold by a trained salesman. The course costs $500 per person so a lot of places only carry the ones allowed under the new law. They are worried about super resistant bugs and weeds I guess.
It was nice today finally after 3 days of rain but I did not get out in the Olds. Supposed to rain again this weekend so looks like wet yet again. Wish we could send some to the south and southwest where it's needed.
The car club called me and wanted me to take my car to the fathers day car show , they are presenting a memorial trophy in my dad's name this year. He always seemed to win a trophy there every year. To bad it might rain.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:20 PM
CQR

Thats a bummer. Sorry to hear that. I'm still using the small jar my mother gave me 15 years ago.
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:06 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice and cool dis mawn'in but gonna get right on up there dis afternoon.

Scot, Ya might wanta put sum Borax [ 20 mule team is fine] in the Karo.

Sandy,

Jes fer you dis mawn'in were gonna have a heart healthy piscatorian breakfast of toasted bagel with Nova [unslated lox] and lite cream cheese a slice of onion and a squirt of lemon.

If I get the poke DT's sum one toss me a rib or sum'em.

GTG Got two funerals tomorrow.
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All

Well the score is ..... Scot 1 Ants 0
Winner by TKO (for now)

That is a bummer Wolfman, down here we use Tordon that will even knock dead some trees and stubborn stumps, but Round-up works fine for the smaller stuff.

Jamesbo I took out some dry rubbed country style poke ribz fer dis evenin' jes give a hollar ifin ya need yer fix.

I hope everyone has a super safe Friday and a great weekend

Scot
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo..... I"m proud of ya, lol! That looks good - I would just have the cream cheese on mine though. I had my Friday Pop Tarts, lol!

We got rain yesterday afternoon, through the evening on and off, and last night. So we're good. Chances of pop up storms through the weekend. Goin to the Ravenna show tomorrow (where I won my first trophey last year and cried like a girl, lol), so I'm hoping to bring home another one this year! Linda is looking forward to coming. She misses being with me this year. She has her T shirt with Teepos pic on it out and ready, her fanny pack, and her chair, lol! She's all set, bless her heart.

Another show in Tallmadge on Sunday I might go to. We'll see.

Spent last evening in the garage detailing Teepo. God what a stress reliever that is. I really should have went into the car detailing business cause I just love it!

Clay is off today and Monday so it's even quieter in here without him talking all the time, lol. I'm glad it's Friday - feels like this week has been 2 months long, and I had Monday off! Sure doesn't seem like it.

Crap..... I forgot to put a cup around my pepper plant Jamesbo. I looked at it this morning and there was a friggin slug eating it, so I killed the slimy thing and sprinkled slug bait around it, but forgot the cup. Darn. I did eat my first little red cherry mater last night! It was delicious. I love the way mater plants smell. I love to rub the leaves and smell them, lol! Nevermind....... it's the simple things in life.

Wolfie.... nice to hear from you! That's a nice thing about the award for your dad! Maybe it won't rain and you can go. Think posititve!

Good job Scot!!!!!

Have a great day all!
Old June 17th, 2011, 06:29 AM

Sandy, Get cha a cup, dig a hole next to your plants,place the cup in it. Fill it about 85% full of beer. Empty drowned, drunk slugs out of it every mawn'in. [De like de yeast]

Ya can also put sand/coffee grinds or other abrasive stuff around you plants cause it hurts the bellies when they crawl over it. They can be real hard on hostas and lettuce.
Old June 17th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks for the tip, Jamesbo! Drunk dead slugs, I know they like the Hostas. They are always around under them in the beds. Also under my creeping phlox. They like the dark damp space under them around the bricks of the beds. Basta*ds!!!!
Old June 17th, 2011, 07:12 AM

Warning

THE DANGERS OF STRAWBERRY POP TARTS. http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Captain of my ship

Well today is windy and real cloudy and supposed to rain soon. No car show for me , hurting from yesterday anyway. I wonder if they have the sense to postpone it.......naw.
Old June 18th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Aftyernoon all

Been a might busy today. Had 2 funerals and started cook'in..

Made me a blackberry cobbler and now I got's sum baby back ribs on de grill
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!!

Go look for new threads w/ pics!

Had a gorgeous day for a show - no rain at all! Sun and hot!!!!!! Teepo was kickin butt, lol!

Hope you all had a good day, and Happy Father's Day tomorrow to all the dad's out there!!
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All, and Happy Father's Day to you! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your kids, no matter how they may act sometimes. Even if they are step children - treat them kindly. They have hearts too.

Nicole just left the house a few minutes ago, after coming over with breakfast from McDonalds, a cool father's day cake and a card and gift card for Larry. He didn't acknowledge her at all. Didn't speak a word to her. Didn't look at her. She was invisible to him. Please don't do that to your child. She is hurt beyond words, and she doesn't know what she's done that has him so pissed off at her, or what she didn't do, or what the problem is. She is still a human being with feelings.

Sorry to vent on your special day, but if I didn't get that out, I figured I'd have a heart attack, as stressed as I feel right now. So thanks for listening - again - I gotta get out of here now before I blow up!!!!!!
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy Father's Day All!

I had a great one. The oldest came down from college for a visit, and the wife cooked an awesome Sunday dinner. Yummy and I am still full!!

I hope everyone has a great Father's Day!
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM

Happy Father's day.

Went to a show today with my Dad. Great weather here, not too hot. I think I have reached my yearly allowance of tire smoke after watching the burnout competition this afternoon.
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:29 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and muggy wit rain expected later on in de week.

Sorry, I can't tell ya about the wonderful time I had on Father's day wit no kids around.

Sandy,

I don't care much for Mickey D's sausage and biscuits but if Larry don't want dem hash brown paddies send em down. I think they're good. Course I never met a tater I didn't like.

Scot, Whar your boy in school............ UGA???

Well, guess what I'm a gonna do today?

Ya'll have a good one.
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Humid and foggy here this morning. We had pretty good storms late evening yesterday and through the night. Supposed to be the same today. Storms coming in late afternoon. Guess I won't go to the Riverfront and pick up my picture award tonight, lol! I'm sure they won't be there.

Jamesbo..... sorry, but Larry threw the whole breakfast in the trash. Taters and all. I ate the bacon egg and cheese biscuit she brought me. Hope you golf well today! I remembered to put cups around my little peppers - so far so good, unless they're drowned now, lol.

Had mama deer and little spotted bambi in the back yard yesterday morning. Day before there were 2 big deer out there. I went out and chased them - they stop and look at me like I'm crazy and just stand there twitchin their tails. I hate them! I should have got the pellet gun and stung their asses, lol!!!

Another quiet day in here. Clay is off, phones aren't ringing. I took vacation days this coming Friday and next Monday. That uses up the week I carried over from last year. Will have one more week to use by the end of December. I'm sure I'll use it before the friggin cold weather sets in. I don't take days off in the winter. Nothing to do inside the house.

Well have a great day all!