The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2024 | 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Never read any of his notes, publications, etc. but recall his association or head of the Satanic worship movement.
I am a lapsed Episcopalian, maybe more precisely an Anglican. From what I understand, LaVey founded the Church of Satan, which is an atheist movement surrounding the belief that you are your own god and Satan is used in the original sense of the Hebrew word of being outside the church. There is also the Satanic Temple, which actually worships a Satan, and there are certainly other faiths lumped under Satanism that do "devil worshipping."

While I can agree with some of LaVey's philosophies, I find them to be, on the whole, selfish. For instance, one rule is "do not give advice or your opinion unless asked." This will keep you from being mocked, and attaches a higher worth to your words, but it creates the situation that you could have been helpful, but you weren't, because you weren't asked. I find that to be selfish, but I can understand the view. On the other hand, I know very little, and want to know very little, about occult rituals and to whom, or to what, they are directed. There are things in life that appear to be dangerous and I don't want to know about them. My religion works for me, I believe my Lord and Savior does respond to my prayer in extremely subtle ways, and part of my growth has been to recognize them and I feel more at ease when being (hopefully) more aligned with Him.

Short version: LaVeyian Satanism is more of a philosophy than a religion and I think there are many different kinds of Satanism, none of which I really want to know about.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 12:56 PM

Dan - Play on words. Jim (Jamesbo) owns Milton Fields in Atlanta. New hurricane named Milton. New Milton Fields (the 2nd) located in Florida resulting from hurricane Milton - play on words, nothing more than my bad shot at humor
I'm a little slow sometimes. Weird that the Armegeddon and Dr. Strangelove (a favorite) clips didn't show up a few minutes ago when i got to that post by you guys, but I scrolled back up, and there they are. Go figure.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 01:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Weird that the Armegeddon and Dr. Strangelove (a favorite) clips didn't show up a few minutes ago when i got to that post by you guys, but I scrolled back up, and there they are. Go figure.
There have been some annoying nuisances on CO as of late. IB Staff is introducing some changes as well as diagnosing some stuff.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 01:14 PM

IB Staff is introducing some changes as well as diagnosing some stuff.
Yep, saw your post on that, thought that might be the issue.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 01:30 PM
Running On Empty

BATTERY UPDATE

Removed the melted cheese (Lead=Pb) from the YUASA (-) battery post. Battery voltage = 12.73. It's been out of the bike, on the bench in static standalone status for one week. Put it on my 4AMP - 6AMP battery charger for three hours. Drawing ~1AMP initially & ~1AMP throughout three hour time range. Battery reading during charge period was initially 14.6VDC rose to 16.0VDC w/in first 20', remained @ 16.0VDC for ~30' then stabilized w/ continuous reading of ~14.6VDC - 15.VDC. Removed battery charger, initial battery reading somewhat stable ~14VDC. After one hour battery reading ~13.1 & appears stable. Will check again in 6 hrs & 24 hrs.

Removed (-) battery cable>starter. Continuity great reading zero (0) Ohms. Minor oxidation on cable terminal ends - nothing noteworthy. Cleaned starter (-) battery post. Cleaned nuts/washers & cable terminal ends w/ bench wire wheel. Applied corrosion protectant stuff to starter (-) post, reinstalled (-) battery cable to (-) starter post. Doing lots of other stuff i.e. routine (sorta) maintenance & getting ready to evaluate other areas of wiring. At this point I'm under the impression the battery is good (actually real good) & the "issue" resulted from a "really" loose set of (-) ground cables including the battery (-) cable. Takes lots of juice from a small 12VDC battery to crank this engine. During the last several times I tried starting it was 'seriously' struggling to turn over - but, I kept trying (hitting the start switch) - both times it eventually started but I can't help to think the bike was attempting to draw every single CCA out of this 340 CCA battery with all those (-) cables loose and it simply arced it's *** off & melted some Pb. More to follow - soon.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 01:55 PM
Running On Empty

Milton is enormous. Hard to believe but Tamps appears to be an absolute direct hit. Storm surge has been raised to 13' just South of Tampa.

I think every news outlet in the Nation is attempting to d/l this loop.

This one I created demonstrating the past 24 hrs. instead of previous 96 hrs. as in previous post but this one still takes ~20" - 30" to run (d/l).

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...OLOR&length=24
Old October 9th, 2024 | 03:39 PM

Hi guys - Hope everyone is having a great day!

Norm - Glad that Yuasa battery is looking like it was never defective.

I heard on the radio that it was National Pizza & Beer Day, so I obliged, pizza and beer for dinner. It hit the spot for sure.

I've been watching alot of coverage of Milton, and you're right Norm, it's huge! Prayers for any of you guys who have loved ones or friends in harms way. Like I mentioned previously, I have several relatives in Ft. Meyers.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Old October 9th, 2024 | 04:26 PM

This one I created demonstrating the past 24 hrs. instead of previous 96 hrs. as in previous post but this one still takes ~20" - 30" to run (d/l).

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOE...OLOR&length=24
Very cool to watch the video . . . Extremely ugly to think about the devastation it will cause.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 05:07 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Extremely ugly to think about the devastation it will cause.
Going to be really stupid the next three - four hours.
Old October 9th, 2024 | 06:27 PM
Running On Empty

Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:14 AM

I was hopping around like Neil this morning when I got word My house and neighborhood is fine. Power came back just now. Poor Sarasota was not so lucky I hear
Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Dzi
I was hopping around like Neil this morning when I got word My house and neighborhood is fine. Power came back just now. Poor Sarasota was not so lucky I hear
Ray - That's great, I'm so happy for you!
Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:19 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Ray Dzi
Ray - Great news. You dodged a bullet. No snow shoveling this winter.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chris how did your people do with the storm? I just heard from my sister and niece and they both were lucky to emerge with minimal damage, and neither lost their power. They live about 10 miles apart. Ray glad your place is okay.

Beautiful here, if not a tad chilly. Gonna warm up a little this weekend.

So I want to go buy a tractor. I still have my 14K pound deckover, on which I can perch 9K. Tractor weighs 7300, truck can pull 15K. I just make it. The tractor is in Alabama, a couple hour drive. Not sure I want to push things that close to the limit. I have a lot of experience towing but if it gets away somehow... I'll overthink it today. These tractors don't come up very often, I could have it hauled for me. Hm.

Things going well at work. Not too long until lunch. Gonna mow at my house this afternoon, or better yet get my trailer in order.

Okay have a good day everyone.

Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:39 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Make, Model & Year of tractor?

Going to work outdoors for a little while - fall weather coming around. Tee-time 1:30 today.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 09:36 AM
Always room for one more

Norm it's a Ford 4500 loader/backhoe. The lake had one years ago and I drove it all the time. Did a lot of work for the lake and myself with it. I still used it occasionally(with permission of course) even after I got off the board, but the then president, who was a colossal bitch, sold it so I couldn't use it. Very short sighted. That just meant that they went and spent 18k on a Kubota. Money we didn't have and a lesser machine.

Anyway, some years ago I bought a John Deere 1025R. Nice tractor. Doesn't have a lot of ***. It's at Mom's house and it would be a logistical nightmare to get it back and forth. Of course one might think it's extreme to own two backhoes. Well, I could use one at both places so what the hell. The Ford is a beast.

Now what did you ask me?

Old October 10th, 2024 | 09:39 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Now what did you ask me?

Old October 10th, 2024 | 10:26 AM

Good morning everyone.

Chris how did your people do with the storm? I just heard from my sister and niece and they both were lucky to emerge with minimal damage, and neither lost their power. They live about 10 miles apart. Ray glad your place is okay.
Mike - At first, I couldn't get ahold of my Aunt (Mom's Sis) and Uncle, but then was able to get ahold of their Son, Mike, who also lives in Cape Coral, across the bay from Ft. Myers. He said they're all fine, no flooding in any of their homes, but right now still without power. Like many stories I've heard, it wasn't as bad they anticipated. Thanks for asking.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 11:17 AM

Hi guys, sure ain't morning anymore,

PT this morning, no big deal, just thankful it's only 15-minutes from home.

My excitement for the morning was an emergency across the street at my neighbors home. Got a call from my neighbor John saying his wife Barb had fallen, and he couldn't get her up by himself. They're both in their mid-70's and the wife is pretty heavy. Apparently she rolled her ankle in the garage stepping down from the entrance to the home and fell hard, but at least she didn't hit her head. I ran over and together we were able to get her up and into the sliding door entrance to their minivan, and now they're off to Urgent Care. Just glad I was here to assist.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 10th, 2024 at 01:21 PM.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 12:46 PM

Of course one might think it's extreme to own two backhoes.
Hmmm. No more extreme than owning more than one Oldsmobile (or Valiant).
Old October 10th, 2024 | 02:59 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I knew you had at least one backhoe since one point in time you threatened to fix the leaking/cracked cinder block wall at your Mom's house. You can never own too many backhoes. Glad it's one word since....ah, never you mind w/ my gibberish.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 03:17 PM

Glad it's one word since....ah, never you mind w/ my gibberish.
Norm - Glad you held back, that would not have ended up in a good place!
Old October 10th, 2024 | 03:17 PM
Running On Empty

BATTERY UPDATE

12.88VDC this morning before golf. I'll check again after I check the mail (next) in a minute.

Saga of the battery. I hate to buy anything which I can't validate a date stamp. This Deka battery is hard to come by - can't find anyone local who carries it. So, initially I was following Dan's (good) suggestion to just get a new battery. Well, Amazon sold the Deka ETX18L (340CCA) & I reviewed the seller/vendor & they looked "shady" at best. I elected to toss the dice. Phucker created a label last Saturday, Fedex been waiting for shipment since last Saturday shipment shows "shipped" - reviewed it all; yeah, they created a fricking label - as far as they got. Still no movement on the battery. Called Amazon, Wednesday, explaining (yadda, yadda, yadda) said I wanted to cancel or buy another from a different vendor. Amazon suggested (kinda/sorta insisted) Amazon e-mail the seller, give them two days to respond. Fair enough. Today is day two. I am hoping they cancel the order since this YUASA appears to be in great shape.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 03:23 PM
Running On Empty

BATTERY UPDATE

12.87VDC (static/standalone) after 36 hrs - Sweet
Old October 10th, 2024 | 03:37 PM

BATTERY UPDATE
12.87VDC (static/standalone) after 36 hrs - Sweet
Norm - Good deal! I hope you're able to get a cancelation and refund on the Deka.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 10th, 2024 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 03:41 PM
Running On Empty

I hope you're able to get a cancelation and refund on the Deka.
Me too...find out shortly.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

BATTERY UPDATE

Amazon full refund. Additionally, "if" the battery is delivered to my address I can keep it or do whatever I want with it. Win, win.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 04:25 PM

BATTERY UPDATE

Amazon full refund. Additionally, "if" the battery is delivered to my address I can keep it or do whatever I want with it. Win, win.
Sweeeeeeet! 👍
Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:52 PM

We are getting a pretty great show of the Northern Lights here tonight. My wife has a more sophisticated camera on her phone than I do and she's getting some pretty spectacular shots. I will post a few of the nicer ones when she sends them to me. A little chilly (56°) out on the deck right now so we fired up the propane fire pit.

Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:52 PM

Manager visited yesterday. He wanted to know, in his big planned re-org (that we have nowhere near the people for, can't get the people for, can't make or hire the people for) if I wanted to stay on his team which is more planning and design and policy, or be a site guy and build systems. I told him I'd like the first one, but I need the damn promotion they've been blocking me from for the past decade. He said he couldn't promise that, so I told him those were the terms and it would be what it would be. Tired of working hard for a company that never gives anything back and I get talked down to by women with liberal arts degrees from mediocre colleges in a made-up profession.

My brother and his wife lost power in Orlando but have it back with messy yard debris. My mother is the same in Mount Dora, but went after a tree branch that broke in the cul de sac and got stung by 3 yellow jackets as that was apparently their home. My dad never lost power, but he thinks his dock will be submerged (which happens occasionally).

Mentored an engineer today in telling him to never throw anything away because someone else told him to. He needs to know himself whether something is useful.

Debating finding a fifth 68 SSII wheel for the spare set for this new car. Would need trim rings and center caps. It's an original SSII 68 set of 4. If I put radials on the restored set of five on the car, I could put biased repops on this other set if I wanted to do the car show circuit.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 07:53 PM

We are getting a pretty great show of the Northern Lights here tonight. My wife has a more sophisticated camera on her phone than I do and she's getting some pretty spectacular shots. I will post a few of the nicer ones when she sends them to me. A little chilly (56°) out on the deck right now so we fired up the propane fire pit.
That's romantic. I need to get back to dieting so I can see if my double sided 70s fireplace still has the mojo to get girls in the mood.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
That's romantic. I need to get back to dieting so I can see if my double sided 70s fireplace still has the mojo to get girls in the mood.
John - I always loved double sided/see thru fireplaces. My parents had a wood fired double sided fireplace in the house we lived in from 1960 - 1966.

I hope your work situation works out OK for you.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 08:09 PM
Running On Empty

Money proof mojo guarantee...

Old October 10th, 2024 | 08:15 PM

Norm, Patron is some good ****. Goes down easier than bourbon, hurts more the next day. Pick your poison.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 08:19 PM
Running On Empty

A friend of our family had a monster double-sided fireplace surrounded w/ a knee-high concrete ledge along the entire perimeter (12 people could easily sit on that ledge) flagstone from top of fireplace to ceiling. He was a General Contractor.
Kinda/Sorta like this...

Old October 10th, 2024 | 08:23 PM

Here's a few Northern Lights pics taken from our deck.

Old October 10th, 2024 | 08:30 PM

A friend of our family had a monster double-sided fireplace surrounded w/ a knee-high concrete ledge along the entire perimeter (12 people could easily sit on that ledge) flagstone from top of fireplace to ceiling. He was a General Contractor.
Kinda/Sorta like this...

Yep, the one in our home had the sitting ledge the length of both sides where the openings were, but not around the entire perimeter.
Old October 10th, 2024 | 10:10 PM

Not really thinking about warming by the fireplace quite yet.

Old October 11th, 2024 | 04:07 AM

Ray - That's great, I'm so happy for you!
Thanks Chris. I aged 10 years in the last couple weeks
Old October 11th, 2024 | 05:18 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chilly this morning, around 50. I'm now in trouble. When things started cooling off in the mornings Mom asked when I was going to have the gas turned on. Well it warmed up and I forgot. Last night she said it was too cold in the mornings to take a shower and when I dropped Tiger off this morning I looked and it was 70. She's going to carry on to excess now. I'll call the gas company this morning. I don't know what her problem is, she has space heaters set up in her bedroom and it's like 90* in there.

Chris those are nice pictures. It's too bright around me to see anything like that. We don't see shooting stars either.

Kenneth I am the Valiant hero. I doubt very seriously too many people on this forum own a Valiant, much less multiple Valiants.

John I'm confused. I thought you were looking for wheels for your friend's car. Now it sounds like it's your car. Did you buy it from him or am I just off? What is the significance of a double sided fireplace to attract and entice women? You on one side and she on the other?

Things got moving around here and I'm over 20 wheels already. Hope it keeps up. Friday, I'm working tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day.