The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:59 AM
Running On Empty

Someone is stopping by this Saturday to (most likely) purchase Indian Motorcycle apparel e.g. leather jacket & leather gloves he's primarily interested in purchasing. He'd like to view everything I have & willing to sell so I've been washing/cleaning/prepping all my Indian Motorcycle apparel the past week. I could open a small Indian Motorcycle apparel shop - 30-40 T-Shirts, work shirts, belt buckles, bandanas, vest, boots, chaps, ad infinitum. Boring, tedious work but necessary putting it all together, labeling & displaying. Whatever he isn't interested in is going on eBay &/or CL.
Old Today, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I think I've already mentioned I had a Cortisone injection in my LH shoulder (bursa) a couple years ago while erecting/building "the fence". Terribly painful. Pain subsided w/in an hour after injection. Still have what I'd call like a small "catch" when stretching, etc. which may never go away, but what an absolute relief after the injection.
Norm - Exactly the same as my experience. Shot hurt like hell, as bad as any I've ever had. Initial pain gone after an hour. Felt like I had a new shoulder the next morning. In fact I'm doing my weight lifting right now, pain free. 👍
Old Today, 11:02 AM
Running On Empty

My pain was so bad I didn't feel anything when the syringe was inserted - not a single sting. Most likely the inflammation was so bad it masked any pain which might have been associated w/ the injection itself.
Old Today, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
My pain was so bad I didn't feel anything when the syringe was inserted - not a single sting. Most likely the inflammation was so bad it masked any pain which might have been associated w/ the injection itself.
My Doc told me right upfront, these Cortisone shots initially hurt like hell, that's why I'm going to shoot you with a numbing agent 1st. Then wait 2-minutes, and then I'll give you the Cortisone. Numbing agent my ***, it still hurt like hell. I'd do it again in a heartbeat though to get complete next day relief!
Old Today, 11:43 AM
Running On Empty

My bursar pain was gone in like an hour to several hours. Complete relief. While it may have benefited me studying endocrinology (cortisol/cortisone) never did I expect I'd have a cortisone injection & experience its effects.
Old Today, 12:45 PM

Summer just won't end.

Old Today, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Summer just won't end.

That sucks! Our forecasted overnight low tonight, 45°F.
Old Today, 03:04 PM

Norm - Good luck getting rid of as much of your Indian merch as possible. 🤞
Old Today, 03:26 PM
Always room for one more

Norm if the guy doesn't want all the Tshirts I'll pony up a few bucks for one.

I had a cortisone shot in my hip maybe a year before I had surgery. He said if I get relief we could do it a couple times a year, but however long it lasts it won't go any longer the second time. Total time of relief, one day. But I felt like a million bucks.

Couldn't do my scratches today because I needed my cordless drill and it wasn't at my house. So instead I pulled the remaining Valiant out of the structure in the side yard, so now it's ready to be torn down.

Old Today, 04:40 PM
Running On Empty

I live behind/near (1/4 mile) a small regional airport (Michael J. Smith) - small relative to both runway length ([RW 08/26] 4,249 feet) & airfield services. Same Michael J. Smith (born/raised here in Beaufort, NC) who died on Space Shuttle Challenger. During this past weekend's golf tournament I kept seeing two Twin Otters (De Havilland DH6) flying around the skies. They have a Skydiving school at the airport - Sunday's are generally jump days. I can hear the skydivers talking to one another in the air as they make their landings - I live that close.

Anyways, on Sunday (during golf) I was told our airport (town) is hosting the World International Skydiving Championships. Twin Otters aren't employed for the local Skydiving school but then I realized why I saw two Twin Otters flying around. I think each Twin Otter can hold ~20 - 22 jumpers.

Turns out the World International Skydiving Championship (Federation?) elected to move the Championship from Israel to Beaufort, NC. Something about issues in Israel.

I read through some of the competitive jumps. One involves free-jumps (with parachute of course) to speeds of 300mph, large formation jumps & some of those Wing Suits. Normally Wing Suits are performed as Base Jumping (w/ a fatality rate of 1:500). Looks like I'll have some decent entertainment over the weekend.
Old Today, 05:08 PM

I had cortisone shots in my lower back near L1 and L2, from 2019-2020. A little discomfort, no big deal. Did a good job of relieving the pain, but stopped being effective after a years time. Got the flu shot last week, no ill effects. They didn't offer the covid booster due to costs that insurance doesn't like to pay, so I'll get it a a local pharmacy.
Old Today, 05:13 PM
Running On Empty

I have my Outlook calendar flagged to remind me to setup a flu shot appointment beginning next Tuesday, 10/8.
Old Today, 07:10 PM

Norm - Sounds like you're going to get to see a whole bunch of cool skydiving action if you want to. I think that would be pretty fun to see.