The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

A little story from my ex.

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2009 | 05:01 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Allan R
Both are excellent, no bout adout it.

Martin: weak on inturn draws lately and somewhat erratic on reading ice. Big weight and knowing the angles has always been one of his strengths. Ben, Johnny Mo and Marc are so cool under pressure and such great curlers - these guys working together are incredibly good and they curl as a team. Noticed that in really tough competition Martin seems to let the pressure get to him. We see him regularly at the Saville where I curl out of now and he's a really nice guy. Watching him and "the boys" practice in person is so cool; they're such great role models. I really like the old bear and his rink and wish him the best.

Howard: all round excellent numbers through RR and finals. Has his hitting and draw weight down pat. Seems to be able to read the ice a little faster than Martin, and that could be the major difference. Plays a solid strategy game and is cool under pressure. Front end can match any in the world. Only weakness I can think of is letting the team make the skps decision at times. Seems somewhat indecisive of some tight calls. Too much time with brother Russ...??? All round though? I think Howard is grossly underrated. He stays calm, has great control over his team, his shots and speaks well of the sport and any competitors. In my eye he is the "true gentleman" of curling. I really like his style and class. Ontario and CANADA have everything to gain with an entry by Howard.

My call for today's final? HOWARD by 2 (Heck I'll predict the final score: 7-5) It will be his to lose; if you know what I mean. I expect a tight and exciting game with lots of key shots that will amaze the audience. If it turns out to be Martin, CANADA still is putting world class curlers into 2010.

TEAM CANADA -- I BELIEVE!!!!
Well it ended up being martin and was my choice. He has the stronger front end for sure and no team sweeps better. martin really had his draw weight down right from his first shot and it was howard who was struggling with the ice. granted they had 3 bad picks and 2 in one end but they caused that themselves. Watching the second he tended to lightly leave his brush leading the stone without brushing across the face and several times lifted directly over. I think the best team won because lead to skip they are stronger. being there before and winning silver I think martin will be focused on gold this time.