General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Our first anniversary, a long story...

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2008, 06:04 AM

Our first anniversary, a long story...

Well, my Lady and I have been together for a whole year now…
It started on this day last year, 8-30-2007 at 300pm, on Hilton Head Island, SC.
I cannot believe time went so fast... Since our tribute-trip to Okalahoma together got cancelled, I thought I would share this memorable event instead.
While it is easy to understand that this does not mean much to anyone else, it was a result of following my long-desired dream - one I knew I could accomplish with adventure, suspense and a chunk of cold hard cash. It means a lot to me and always will. (I am also a sentimental ol’ fool!)
So here is what happened on this day, exactly one year ago…

8-30-2007, Hilton Head, SC to Tybee Isl., GA

It was a hot, humid, oppressive summer evening on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
As I curiously walked out of their tiny little airport at about 245pm EST, my eyes feasted upon her for the first time in person…
Chills ran up and down my spine and I smiled in awe…
I circled her, gazed at her flawless body and sexy curves... I felt the smoothness of her almost perfect ivory skin…
I quickly slipped inside of her and explored her vast interior – she was more than what I had expected…
I was ready to drive her for the first time and I soon enjoyed every minute of it.
She was old, but still beautiful, strong, and capable.
I was in love and I knew she would be mine right then and there.
She was my Lady to be, and my Lady she was; the one I had longed for for months.

She was my 1972 Cutlass Supreme convertible; my 442 clone. Cameo white with contrasting Buckskin top and Saddle interior.
She was about to accompany me on an adventure that would stay in my mind forever; one I never thought I would have done.
-She was about to come home with me.

After completing the sale with the previous owner, who took me on a small tour of his neighborhood, I said goodbye and I headed out on my own.
First stop on my list was Harbortown, which is on the far side of Hilton Head Island. My goal was to see the town's harbor and lighthouse (built in 1970 just for that small private marina) and maybe get something to eat. The car's A/C did not work well to begin with and after only a few miles, it quit completely. While I expected it to fail, I did not think it would be this soon. The island was very busy and streets were very confusing for this newcomer. After many wrong turns and lots of frustration, I made it to the Harbortown and barely found a distant parking space. I did some quick diagnostics on the A/C and found the compressor clutch thermal fuse was blown. Knowing it was not a major problem, I felt better and walked to the lighthouse. It was a nice area, with many great waterside restaurants - great for a date (I wish I had one!)... I climbed to the top of the mid-sized light tower for a great view and a semi-sunset. After some picture taking and browsing the gift shop, I climbed down and walked the wharf, wishing I had a date to join me at this one fine-looking place with a whole-harbor view and live music - maybe next time, I thought...
After a few pictures, I knew it was time to leave, as my place for the night was Tybee Island in Georgia.

Now dark, I got on the wild and crazy main road heading out of Hilton Head. I stopped by an Advanced auto parts store to see if they had this fuse for my A/C compressor. Just finding the store behind all the trees was a huge mess, resulting in several U-turns and long waits at lights. Exhausted, I went in to Advance Auto, tossed the burned part on the counter and told the guy that "I need this part you don't have!" He laughed and said he would give it a try. After a bit of effort, he found not only one, but two in stock! Being only 4 bucks, I took both. We both chanted and rejoiced! I plugged it in the car and finally got some relief from the high humidity. Great - now for some food... After several miles, I found a Wendy's and got some burgers to eat on the road. I was about delirious from hunger at this point, but still I only ate one.

Now Tybee was only about 20 miles from Hilton Head, as the crow flies... However, it turned into a 90 mile drive. Had I known my trip planning software was off by another 40 miles, I would not have even gone. And whoever designed the highway system in Georgia should be flogged. I found myself on the biggest mess I have ever been on, sometimes on deserted roads in the middle of nowhere until there was finally a sign that indicated I was way off course. I kept praying that this unknown car was going to keep moving under its own power and thankfully it did without issue. After what seemed to be 6 hours, I was finally at Tybee. I found a beachfront hotel with a $99 special, but before I called it the night, I wanted to see Tybee Island Lighthouse at night. SO, following the instructions to get there, I set off. Of course it told me to turn on a street that did not even have a sign on it, but after a few more times back and forth I finally found it and saw the lighthouse. I took a couple pictures and later it seemed the A/C quit again. I popped the hood and found the line from the POA valve back to the compressor was encased with an inch of ice, which after surrounding the ambient switch, shutting off the compressor. I just turned off the A/C and made it to the hotel and checked in. Luckily they had a $99 room and even covered parking. It was about 930pm now and I was beat… I talked to my (then) ladyfriend back home and told her all about this wild and crazy day... I soon went to sleep, having thought that this night would never end... I slept poorly, waking at 4am and not going back to sleep until 530am...
-TBC...
Old August 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM
car guy

LOL You got it bad Nice story
Old August 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM

I would have skipped Hilton Head's murderous traffic and "round abouts" And Savanah in August is very close to well it's "Hot as a two dolllar pistol."

But glad you kept the baby faith. I took my 69 covertible last year all over the NW Ga mountains without a hitch. As a matter of fact, the honest truth is the reason I like Olds/Cutli/442 is They are really a VERY reliable car.
Old August 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Past Administrator

Sort of read like an article in Playboy. Nice work.
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Sort of read like an article in Playboy. Nice work.

More like the Penthouse Forum from what I've heard, not that I would know or anything.

Good work Rob!, very creative and I felt like I was there.

Allan
Old August 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the complements; writing is one of my other hobbies...
Honestly I did not have Playboy and Penthouse in mind when I wrote this story way back when, but the more I reread it, it does have a unique mood!
I wrote the diary a week when I got back but just now pasting it here...

Last night I took Lady out along with my new found girlfriend and did a 50 mile country drive to Princeton, TX, just for a seafood dinner. It was sooo nice that night I was wanting to just keep on driving forever. We both really enjoyed the drive, the car itself, and the old driving music I had playing. A great tribute drive it was!

Here is the next day's journey...

8-31-2007, Tybee Island, GA to Flat Rock, NC

The next day I woke up at 630am in efforts to be out the door at 800am. I warmed up the other Wendy’s burger for breakfast and had some coffee with it. That was a tasty start for the day. After getting ready, I had 30 minutes to spare, so I walked to the beach and wandered around and took some pictures. It was cloudy and gray, and misty. I collected some shells and enjoyed the peacefulness and waves. It was soon time to go so I checked out and began my short trip to Tybee Island lighthouse to tour the place. Rain began to fall steadily now. I got there and was thankfully I took an umbrella. I was the only one there, so that was good. This place was neat, despite the warm, very humid weather. However, by the time I climbed the 180+ steps to the top of the lighthouse, I soon realized what the keepers had to deal with on their jobs. I was sweating horribly & uncontrollably, and it was not even that hot, the mid 80s if that.. They had not even known about A/C and the lantern room would have been even hotter from the oil lamps burning...
After a good view and some picture taking, I went down and then toured the keeper's house. Now this was great - it was retrofitted with air conditioning! WOW - what relief!! I took my time in there to dry out and cool off; it was a clean, cozy, quiet home. It was beautiful and I felt like taking a nap on the ‘keep’s bed’! Too bad the keepers did not have the luxury of A/C back then... After the house tour, I went to the workshop museum area and petted the station's guard-cat who was on duty (I was wanting to take her home with me!) After walking the rest of the grounds, umbrella in hand, I walked across the street to Battery Garland, a fort that helped protect the coast and the lighthouse years ago. This was a step off of my trip plan, so I tried to move fast. It was like other forts I have been at, with their empty gun mounts, ammunition bunkers, and a great view of the coast. I slogged back to the car and set off for Fort Puloski, where I could see Cockspur Island Lighthouse. It was somewhat easy to find and I walked to the fort. It really showed its battle scars, as its walls reminded me of Swiss cheese because of all of the gun blasts it received. Fortunately, all of the gunfire went over the lighthouse, so it was miraculously spared. I found the long, wet, grassy trail that led to the lighthouse and began that long trudge, despite the gentle rain. Almost half way there, the wind and rain picked up more so I was only able to get zoomed pictures from a distance; I did see some deer, too. The island was underwater anyway, as it had long since eroded and this was high tide. I decided to retreat before I lost the umbrella. I made my back to the fort and climbed to the top of its walls. I was able to find an ideal spot for pictures and got some good zoomed in shots of the abandoned light house. Mosquitoes there were terrible – much worse than Texas even, so I had to move fast!
After reattaching a wiper blade on the car that came loose, I decided to continue on but had to stop for gas first. I filled up and checked the oil and A/C fuse. Everything seemed no worse than what I started with. One guy stopped and talked to me about the car and later another one... The later guy told me how nice it looked and asked me if I planned to sell it... I told him not yet so he asked me how long I have had it. "Uhh, about a day" I told him - we both laughed... I went to the restroom to wash up good after all the sweating I did so far - I felt better then. I then set off for Hunting Island Lighthouse, about 100 miles up the coast of South Carolina.

The rain never stopped. Now up to highway speeds, I found the top was leaking at the header, maybe due to some maladjustments here and there since the top was new. I made use of an old towel I found under the seat. The car ran strong and the A/C worked somewhat, at least able to keep me dry. After what seemed like many hours, I made it to Hunting Island. The rain almost quit now, which was good. I got to the lighthouse and took some great pictures. I climbed to the very top for a bird's eye view of the coast. Surprisingly, I got a cell phone signal up there so I called my (then) Honey from the top of the lighthouse, something I never did before! After a comforting chat, I climbed down and checked out the remains of the Fresnel lens there on display from Charleston Light. I roamed the grounds and looked inside the other buildings and took more pictures. I did some shopping at the gift store and then decided to remove Charleston from my trip plan, as I was so far behind schedule as it was. A park ranger I talked with said I needed at least a day there and the two hours I allocated for it initially would be just enough to find a parking spot. Next time, I thought...

Afterwards I began the mad dash across South Carolina towards Ashville, NC. I grabbed another burger to go along the way and later had to change course due to a 3 mile-long traffic backup. From what I could see way far ahead, I think a drawbridge was malfunctioning...
Almost out of patience puttering along slow city highways, I finally made it to the main highway - 26 that is. I was glad of this. Unlimited speed limit for the most part, judging by all of the crazy holiday weekend travellers. I was comfy at 65-70 and the A/C was still holding in there. This was good because it was pretty warm by then. There were a couple wrecks along the way, but they were off the road so they did not slow me down too much. I made it to Irmo and finally had to get gas again and rest a moment. I did get a good scare as the car sounded like it did not want to start... It cranked very slowly and the idiot lights dimmed considerably. I tried again and it started to crank faster and it caught. Hot starter I wondered? I heard this was a problem on some of these cars... The battery was new so that could not have been the problem. I hit the highway again, hoping to make good time. Had to grab another burger, too. Soon after I heard some intermittent belt squealing from under the hood. I turned off the A/C and it stopped. Either the compressor was locking up or the belt was loosening. I figured it was the first, but then I was getting into the mountains and it was getting cool enough for just the vent and cracked windows.
It was pretty dark by time I got into the real mountains and I was able to see the haze among them - the Blue Ridge I wondered... The highway turned twisty and hilly, mountainous soon after. But still, all these other idiots were still trying to race each other; I was amazed there were no wrecks from them. Being late and in fear one of these speeding, swerving idiots on the road would soon hit me, I finally exited just before Ashville and came across a Holiday Inn. I tried the A/C in the parking lot and it worked like it did before; not sure what to think. Now the guy at the hotel says I am very lucky to have been able to find a room because of "Apple Fest". It kept me from getting a good rate, but it was a place to sleep nonetheless. Apple Fest. Geez - if only I would have know about such a famous event... Tomorrow was my "big day" so I wanted to rest early, so I talked to my (then) Honey a bit and went to sleep.
Old September 1st, 2008, 06:30 AM

This was the most fun day, despite one small problem...

9-1-2007, Flat Rock, NC to Harriman, TN

What a great morning finally! After a substandard hotel "breakfast", I loaded up the car and drove a short way through the scenic countryside to Chimney Rock Park. This was a neat place, though costly to get in. It was cool and comfortable out – a welcomed change. I was the first one to climb up to the rock that day! I took the elevator up to save time and wandered the 250' monolith amongst some great scenery. After some pictures and sightseeing, I climbed over to the "opera box", an overlook of Chimney Rock itself. After some more pictures, I took the elevator down and drove to the lower parking lot to hike to Hickory Nut Falls, supposedly the second tallest falls this side of the Mississippi River. After a sweaty half mile hike I arrive at the falls, er, uh, - trickle. This area had been in a drought for a while so there was not much water flowing. It seemed pretty short so I do not know where "second highest" came from. I hiked back to the car and soon washed up at the restroom. I put the top down for the first time and I started to really draw attention. Some small kids were hanging out of car windows in awe as I cruised along through the parking lot. The air was cool, the sky cloudy, and my emotions running wild... This was the first time in my life to be driving such a wonderful automobile! Now came the second highlight of the trip - the Blue Ridge Parkway!

It took a fairly short drive to reach the Parkway. I got on around mile 370 and was heading west toward the Smoky Mountains. It was a slower paced drive through some very beautiful scenery. The cool wind actually made me shiver so I cranked up the heater, which worked very well. I took no warm clothes at all, but I did not let that bother me. I stopped at many overlooks and got many pictures of the landscape, the car, and both. There were also many motorcyclists and bicyclists cruising the parkway. Cruising the Parkway by motorcycle would be my first choice, and this old convertible the second. This was kind of like a dream come true. Each time I would pull off to an overlook, my car would stir up conversation, some short, some long. Some casual, some emotional. I finally felt like I was on vacation! After a while of wonderful scenery, I made it to the highest point of the parkway, over 6000 feet above sea level. I got a picture of that big stone sign with the car in it as well. I then took some photos for some groups of bikers who wanted pictures by the sign also. I then found what appeared to be some animal tails in the grass just a short distance away from the sign... One biker told me they came from some animal. Anyway, I took a few of them to put on my helmet when I got home.
I continued on this scenic journey though ever-changing microclimates. Alternating sun, clouds, dark sky, some rain (just enough to put the top up), 60 degrees, 70 degrees - a little of everything. I did not want to leave here! After a while, I had to get gas, so I left the Parkway towards Waynesville. As I approached the town, I came across "Ghost Town" Harley Davidson, a great place for a souvenir shirt. After getting my shirt and more small talk about the car, I went across the street to fill up. It was time to hit the highway again. Getting up on this highway was more difficult as the on-ramp was short. No problem I thought; I figured I would open her up and see how she can accelerate! The power was impressive, the sound was wonderful - at least until I heard some loud clanking noises, felt a loss of power and heard air noises from the engine. Here is where my heart sank, as I know what a thrown connecting rod might sound like... I shut down the engine, shifted to neutral, and stopped along the shoulder. After popping the hood, I saw the A/C compressor pulley spinning wildly, then saw its belt wound up in the fan. No other damage, which was SO good. I unwrapped the belt and got it back on. However, just trying to get going again threw it off again so I stopped, unwrapped it, and tossed it in the back. GM engineered this right with all belts going around the crankshaft and the water pump, so this one was just for the A/C. I will not use another stretchy cogged belt for the A/C!

I continued on with no more problems. I got back on the parkway and soon stopped at a gift shop along the way to get some books. I there met up with a group of bikers I met at the highest point. After another 10 miles of cool mountain landscape, I made it to the Smoky Mountains National Park.
I stopped at the first visitor center in the park and got some books. On the way back out, I met with a lady who was looking at my car. She looked sad and happy at the same time. She looked me in the eyes and said she “once had one that was almost identical to this – I loved it! I parted with it long ago and now I want it back!” She was almost in tears. I tried to comfort her and I told her about my adventure I was on to get this one. I told her she may have to travel a long way to find one, and pay a lot for one, but one could be had. I regret not getting her contact info, as I was in a rush.

Afterwards, I began the drive through the Smoky Mountains National Park. There were not too many overlooks before I arrived at the 7 mile side road that takes you to Clingman's Dome, the highest mountain in the Smokys. I took that road up and actually got a parking space at the very front, closest to the half mile trail that takes you to the lookout tower on the top. I parked and decided to just leave the top down, as it was cloudy with little chance of rain. I noticed many foreign tourists today, checking out one of our country's natural wonders. Now this half mile trail was the toughest I have done... It was all steep uphill grade in high elevation - it was taking everyone's breath away! I finally made it to the top and looked out to try to see the 5 states you would be able to see on a clear day... I saw two - North Carolina and Tennessee, as I was on the border almost! It was very cloudy, little wind, with lots of fog (really I was in the clouds...) I also heard some thunder rumbling in the distance. I got my pictures and looked a while, then headed back down. I walked past the Appalachian Trail, which is over 2,000 miles long. (Who keeps that thing cleared I wonder??) As I went down the steep trail, I slowed considerably before going over any gravel parts of the trail because if you fell, there was no stopping you. I accidentally dropped my water bottle but I decided not to go after it for my own safety. I figured I would just get it at the bottom, but a young boy stopped it for me and handed it to me (that was nice of him). After I got back to the car, there were many Asian (I think Japanese) tourists swarming my car snapping pictures like crazy. It was obviously something they had never seen before. One wanted to get me in the picture as well; he told me how amazing it looked!

I started the drive back down and soon got into some very wet areas where it had rained. The water was steaming furiously from the road. I never ran into any rain, so I left the top down. I began to come across several scenic overlooks and was able to get many great pictures of the Smoky Mountains. Now these were like the views you see in the books and postcards. I entered a camping area to look around and this was what the park was all about. A big sign at the entrance warned visitors of bear habitat! I parked in a spot near a wide flowing creek. "Boy, if I saw a bear, it would make my day", I exclaimed. I climbed over the rocks into the creek and could almost taste the purity of that clear cold water... The many pictures do not tell the real beauty of it. I loved it here, despite all the holiday travelers. Too bad it was getting late now; no bears to be seen, either... I was hungry and tired, so I decided to see what there was in Gatlinburg, the closest city just a couple miles north.

Big mistake - this town was a complete circus. After managing to get turned around on the main street, I found a KFC and got some dinner, despite I am not a KFC fan. I called some places for a room, but all were full. I then decided to continue through the park and try the small city west of there. Night began to fall and I continued on the narrow, winding park road. As I arrived at that small town, I noticed every hotel sign showed no vacancy. Even ones that said vacancy were really not... I kept going and going and soon I found myself many miles from the park. I had wanted to return for a few hours the next morning, but that was no longer possible being so far away now. I then found myself in another maze of a poorly designed highway system. I came to realize, with a map and my trusty compass, that I was actually going northwest on highway 316 south, go figure... I finally reach I40 and I knew I was home free. I went quite a ways down to get a head start on tomorrow's trip, as it was cool out now and it felt great with the top down. At close to 10pm, I pulled off to a Holiday Inn for the night. I was about 100 mile west of Knoxville. After checking in, I really thought that since I was not going to see much on the way home, could I make it home the next day? I was going to give it my best shot I thought. The hotel was on a hill overlooking some fog covered small mountains, and that was a neat sight to see when I awoke the next morning...
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM

Gatlinburg is always a complete circus of wall to wall t-shirt shops and junk stores.

However,If you had gone to any picnic area you would have seen bears galore.
They fatten up on hot dogs and twinkies left behind by tourist.

Next time you up that way drive over to Caves Cove on the "Quiet side of the Smokies."

I've drive the Blue Ridge Parkway dozens of times the full length [actaully I skip Cherokee becuase it's another Tourist trap] but the parkway has a few motels and gas stations, you just have to plan ahead. It's beautiful drive sans semis.

Tell us more, please. Are you driving all the way back to Texas.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:42 AM

Jamesbo,
I had every intention on seeing Cades Cove the next day, but the overfilled hotels pushed me too far away to return. Had I known for sure I was going to buy the car, i would have made reservations. It was disappointing but I knew I would be going back later, to drive the Blue Ridge parkway twice in some late Sept, early Oct.
When Lady is all finished in a couple of years, I will return (with reservations too!)

Last day...

9-2-2007, Harriman, TN to Plano, TX

So 820 am the next day, I filled up and hit the road. It was cool out and cloudy so I left the top up and still no A/C was needed. I saw more mountains with their cloud-cover, towering cliffs, old farms, and convoys of big trucks. After another 200+ miles, it had warmed up a bit so the top was coming down after another gas fill-up. After another 200+ miles I considered it hot. And since I gained an hour around 1pm, I had even another hour of hot afternoon! Luckily I brought (and wore) sunblock, as I needed it! The car was still getting attention. I would get thumbs-up from passing cars and even some bikers would ride alongside me and admire the car before throttling up again. After another 200+ miles, I ran into a small rain shower close to Texarkana, which after that, made it cool and comfortable once again! The rest of the trip was fine, though I was so tired. I consumed about 5 gallons of water and Gatorade and I was surprised I never got a heat headache like I often get.

About 60 miles from Dallas, I was driving home into a warm sunset, just like the Lone Ranger did so many times in the films. It was a gorgeous sight and a bit relaxing, too, even at a steady speed of 80. Like a race horse running faster towards the stable as it comes into view, we did similar as we got closer to home.
About 5 minutes from home, my (then) Honey called me thinking I was in Arkansas or somewhere. I told her I would call her back in a few minutes when I got home... She must had been confused after hearing that...

I finally pulled into my driveway at 930pm, making a total time of 14 hours and 13 driving hours for almost 900 miles that day.
The car did great. Every problem was A/C related and did not affect overall reliability. However, I knew that starter and the battery cables would get changed for peace of mind. Total mileage was 1670, with an average fuel consumption of 19.62 for the whole trip – not bad (same as my other trips in mid-sized suvs with V6s.)
It was then time to unpack while I talked to my (then) ladyfriend about the change in plans and about the whole trip in general. I was dead tired and was able to sleep well; at least I had the next day to rest and partially recover.

If I had known for sure I was getting this car, I would have reserved a room in Gatlinburg so I could have had another day in the Smokeys. I will just have to do that next time when I revisit some fall, to drive the entire Blue Ridge Parkway. I want two weeks minimum for that trip so I can really enjoy it, hopefully with a new lady by my side. I will definitely be taking the convertible as well, as going topless is the only way for us to go, and in great style also. This really made the trip memorable.

The reasoning of her name:

The license plate on the car when I bought it was OTRWOMN, meaning "the other woman".
I was firmly told by the seller that a car can be your mistress and it is acceptable to most wives and girlfriends. I liked this theory and planned to stand by it when I got her home.
About half-way into this wild adventure, in relation to the meaning of the license plate, the faithful Oldsmobile earned her new name: "Lady". Perhaps it was from her beauty… Or maybe from the strong desires to share my scenic travels with a special lady someday… I think it could have been because I would be giving her a lot of time and TLC in the years to come... There is no one reason.

One thing I do know... There were absolutely no regrets of getting her.

-The End-
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:55 AM

Ok who would be interested in a 1st annual North Georgia Moutnain "Olds Greet and Meet" this fall?

I just happen to have some property up there in Rabun County [Helen Ga area BUT NOT Helen it's another Gatlinburg] near Ga 197 and Batesville.

Got plenty of room to park etc.

Jes let me know
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ok who would be interested in a 1st annual North Georgia Moutnain "Olds Greet and Meet" this fall?

I just happen to have some property up there in Rabun County [Helen Ga area BUT NOT Helen it's another Gatlinburg] near Ga 197 and Batesville.

Got plenty of room to park etc.

Jes let me know
This is a good suggestion... However I will be taking a long vacation on the NW coast this fall, and Oklahoma a few weeks after.
The next fall is open to many ideas for me.
I do want to do the whole Blue Ridge Pkwy, so it is possible that I can swing down that way also.. I would be interested in meeting up with the prior owner of Lady on Hilton Head, too. By then, the visible resto should be done.
Heck, since this is your property, maybe you can start up an annual tradition!

Lets all keep this idea in mind!
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:42 AM

"Tradition" [sung like Fiddler on the Roof]
I'm game maybe we should start another thread to see if anyone else is interested. Whatcha think?

Hey we could cook a pig, or have a low country boil.
Old September 5th, 2008, 06:01 AM

Perhaps we do need a major thread, such as "Member Meets" or something like that.

I think it would be cool if some of us guys and gals can meet up and show off our cars, whether complete and finished, or work in progress.
That pig roasting should add a bit of flair I must say!

Regional meets or even local gatherings at a Sonic would be great, with maybe a cruise after.
I know there are a bunch of us around the Dallas area and it would be fun to meet up somewhere on the outskirts of town at some ol country restaurant some nice weekend.

Just another excuse to drive our Olds to a fun event!
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Here's "Blue" in front of a fence on my property where we could have a NW Georgia Mountains Meet and Greet.

There's plenty of private paved roads and a large field behind the fence. [note the Blue Ridge Pky style fences I built]

If you are serious let's start a mega thread and see who would be interested in coming to NW Ga this fall. If not this year, maybe another.

I think it would be a blast to get a bunch of ole Olds in one place w/o Ponchos and Caddys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN0263.jpg (149.3 KB, 13 views)
DSCN0262.jpg (141.8 KB, 9 views)
DSCN0264.jpg (101.2 KB, 9 views)
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy anniversary and many more to come!!! ( You silver tongued fox!!)
Old August 31st, 2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Happy anniversary and many more to come!!! ( You silver tongued fox!!)
WOW - I just realized this is our second year (8-31)!

Time flies... A lot has been done since I started this thread. She got a new interior, wheels and tires redone, and power windows and cruise added.

The other day I took her for a relaxing country drive for a tasty country dinner - what a way to celebrate!
Her second anniversary picture was taken also...

Ironically, BIGJERR put Lady's picture in the August month of the calendar - how appropriate!
Attached Images
IMG_6204.jpg (78.2 KB, 14 views)
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:06 AM

Happy Anniversary

Sorry, but Texas looks flat as a fritter. Ya'll still need to come to the cool North Georgia Mountains and let's have a meet.