The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Corona Virus - COVID-19 - By The Numbers

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2020, 10:22 AM
Running On Empty

Seriously? What is gained by these comments?

Last edited by Olds64; April 1st, 2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Housekeeping.
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
All interesting. I have hypertension, but am treated with a Beta Blocker not an ACE inhibitor. My DW uses a ACE Inhibitor.
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Seriously? What is gained by these comments?
Understanding of the current nature of another plight impacting Europe?
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:44 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Understanding of the current nature of another plight impacting Europe?

Old April 1st, 2020, 12:07 PM
Running On Empty

I've had it with this thread. Nothing really to see here - absolutely nothing at all. Nothing more than a 100% complete waste of time.

I'm off to practicing self distancing.

BYE! BYE!

Last edited by Olds64; April 2nd, 2020 at 04:48 AM. Reason: No cussing please.
Old April 1st, 2020, 12:18 PM

You report my post for breaking the forum rules, then curse at me (breaking a forum rule).
Old April 1st, 2020, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
You report my post for breaking the forum rules, then curse at me (breaking a forum rule).
I think Norm is suffering from CVS, (cranky virus syndrome.) Seriously, it's a tough time for a lot of people because of all the changes in our lives.
This thing isn't about to go away quickly, so patience is key. Hang in there as best as everyone can and stay safe!
Old April 1st, 2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by bunser
i think norm is suffering from cvs, (cranky virus syndrome.) seriously, it's a tough time for a lot of people because of all the changes in our lives.
This thing isn't about to go away quickly, so patience is key. Hang in there as best as everyone can and stay safe!

x2
Old April 1st, 2020, 01:29 PM

I forgive him.
Old April 1st, 2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by 69HO43
I wish the A-holes who continue to inject political stuff in this thread would lose their internet for a month. You can't follow the forum rules, so why should we even be concerned with whatever else you post in the forum? It's quite pathetic to continue to inject contraband into this thread for those of us that want to read about and discuss the virus without the CNN pundits providing their political content. It's getting really ridiculous.
I ask for this thread to be shut down serves no purpose except for name calling political agenda. It also is against the rules of this forum. Fell on deaf ears of the mods. When I break forum rules it isn't long before I get post deleted or i get warnings.
Old April 1st, 2020, 04:25 PM
Old School Olds

Old April 1st, 2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by wr1970
I ask for this thread to be shut down serves no purpose except for name calling political agenda. It also is against the rules of this forum. Fell on deaf ears of the mods. When I break forum rules it isn't long before I get post deleted or i get warnings.
It’s worthwhile to me. It made me check to see if I was taking an ACE inhibitor for my hypertension....

I’m not....
Old April 1st, 2020, 10:05 PM

Sweden 239 / Finland 17 deaths as of now. You clearly see how its ramping up now at Sweden versus Finland. No quarantine versus quarantine. "Ramping" is maybe wrong term when total death toll is still so Small on both cases, but comparing prosentually to each other it serves its purpose.
Yesterday, by current calculations, they announced at news that we dont face the shortage of breathing machines. On same topic, not hugely publicly shouted ( probably to prevent panic), Spanish doctor told that they are already at situation when they now have to decide who gets to use breathing machine, and whos left without ( to die). That must be mentally hard decision, which can affect the ones doing the choice for their lifetime after that pandemic. It also reached main news here when your USNS Comfort docked on New York, just as an side note.

So, new norm here is, that army and police guard routes leading to our Capital region. Restaurants, bars, schools, gyms, libraries etc etc etc, all closed down. Media, and government, is slowly turning to next catastrophe which is going to be Financial, which follows this. European Union also shows more marks of cracking due to pandemic, its really pulling contries farther apart, and situation before pandemic wasnt too good to begin with. Its not even that long ago when most optimistic ones publicly dreamed of forming European Union as federation, where countries would be only merely states.
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:31 PM
GCH

I don´t know if you can read Swedish Inline but here is an link why other nordic countrys have less death
than Sweden ( as we are told ) :

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/s...-ovriga-norden

They mean that the stage of the pandemi develop are different between the nordic countries ???
( Wish i could write better in english )
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by GCH
I don´t know if you can read Swedish Inline but here is an link why other nordic countrys have less death
than Sweden ( as we are told ) :

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/s...-ovriga-norden

They mean that the stage of the pandemi develop are different between the nordic countries ???
( Wish i could write better in english )
Used to be able to read somewhat decently.. Forgot the language pretty much since i havent needed it for like 12 years… But if i understood right, they are mainly saying that a) Sweden is ahead on curve of pandemic, and b) due to Sweden not having setted such restrictions as us.

Both are true. But B leads to A, we are slowing it down, you are not so much, so of course youre ahead on the curve. When was the first confirmed corona-virus infection detected in Sweden? Local media wont give an answer to that. Here it was end of january. Only it gives an answer that you had your first Corona-virus death 10 days earlier than us ( 11.3 vs 21.3).

Its somewhat gross to say, when speaking of human lives, that in the end its interesting to see how different approaches worked, both in human lives, and economically.

Last edited by Inline; April 1st, 2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:59 PM
GCH

Here are some info about the confirmed Corona cases in Sweden:

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/...ologiskt-lage/

Internet Explorer :
https://fohm.maps.arcgis.com/apps/op...46c37f152f1392

Old April 2nd, 2020, 01:33 AM

No one and no country could be prepared for a pandemic of this magnitude. You can't stack enough equipment or train enough people to stand-by just incase something happens. I don't like most presidents but, don't blame this one for our problems. You can reach way back if someone just has to point fingers. If you have to poke somebody in the nose right now the lion's share would of nose bleeds would fall on the Chinese. So, from a US politics standpoint, laying blame, right now, is pissing up a rope in a windstorm.

Give the mods a break. Like I mentioned before, these are extraordinary times. While I know some folks are looking for the stability of rules and enforcement, others are looking for an outlet. We are all under layers of pressures that we have never experienced before. None of which we put upon ourselves...for the most part. We are cooped up in one of the freest countries in the world with, quite literally, no where to go. It runs head into our very nature. I don't know about you folks but, us Texas boys don't care much for being told where we can, or cannot go. Certainly not when. Who would have ever thought that our churches would be closed while the liquor stores are open? For the most part BTW, their sales are up damned near 50%.

We can only control the controllable. Being kind to others is still within each individual's control. So, step back, give everyone some distance (pun intended), and be kind. Isn't there enough bullchit going on out in the world?

Good luck, be safe and wash your damned hands.

Old April 2nd, 2020, 03:44 AM
Bfg

That is very well put and I agree with you 100%. I hope others that are putting the blame get to read what you have said!
Old April 2nd, 2020, 04:19 AM

Location Confirmed Recovered Deaths

Canada 9,731 1,541 111

United States 216,362 8,878 5,133

Current stats. Canada has around one ninth the population of the US, so should be seeing around 570 deaths, yet less than one fifth that at this time. No politics allowed so I'll venture no opinion on why
Old April 2nd, 2020, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grumbler

. No politics allowed so I'll venture no opinion on why
Yet you did..... It has to be Trumps fault and no way it could be because of the fact you have natural social distancing with less population but more land mass. As I said before. People can twist numbers in any way they want for their agenda. Use flawed numbers to push what you want. Obviously, politics can't be avoided with as much hate as there is out there.

Old April 2nd, 2020, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by KW5413
No one and no country could be prepared for a pandemic of this magnitude. You can't stack enough equipment or train enough people to stand-by just incase something happens. I don't like most presidents but, don't blame this one for our problems. You can reach way back if someone just has to point fingers. If you have to poke somebody in the nose right now the lion's share would of nose bleeds would fall on the Chinese. So, from a US politics standpoint, laying blame, right now, is pissing up a rope in a windstorm.

Give the mods a break. Like I mentioned before, these are extraordinary times. While I know some folks are looking for the stability of rules and enforcement, others are looking for an outlet. We are all under layers of pressures that we have never experienced before. None of which we put upon ourselves...for the most part. We are cooped up in one of the freest countries in the world with, quite literally, no where to go. It runs head into our very nature. I don't know about you folks but, us Texas boys don't care much for being told where we can, or cannot go. Certainly not when. Who would have ever thought that our churches would be closed while the liquor stores are open? For the most part BTW, their sales are up damned near 50%.

We can only control the controllable. Being kind to others is still within each individual's control. So, step back, give everyone some distance (pun intended), and be kind. Isn't there enough bullchit going on out in the world?

X 2 and very well pinned
Old April 2nd, 2020, 05:24 AM
No it's not a parts car!!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
X 2 and very well pinned

Here Here - I agree 100%
I am not the type of CO Member who chimes in all of the time,
more of the the guy in the room who sits and listens to the conversation
and maybe occasionally has something chip in.

I have been following this Thread from the beginning and have learned quite a bit from "Norm"
For the Members who always are looking for someone to blame for their problems try looking in a mirror

Norm, don't let the Morons drive you away, the Thread View count of nearly 14,000 would imply there are quite a few Members reading this.

Part of the "The Silent Majority"

Old April 2nd, 2020, 05:59 AM
Old School Olds

Well put Schne442. I gotta play a little music to hear while reading the posts. Thank you Norm for all the good info.

Last edited by tru-blue 442; April 2nd, 2020 at 06:01 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 06:06 AM

Jmo, but the people locally that have died, all were elderly with conditions or near elderly with conditions. Here's a couple links to give hope. (I think we're like our camshafts, we need zinc to help from being "wiped" out.)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-his-birthday/

Old April 2nd, 2020, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
Yet you did..... It has to be Trumps fault and no way it could be because of the fact you have natural social distancing with less population but more land mass. As I said before. People can twist numbers in any way they want for their agenda. Use flawed numbers to push what you want. Obviously, politics can't be avoided with as much hate as there is out there.
Most of our population lives in large cities, so land mass is irrelevant.
​While you were partying on spring break we were already shutting down, everyone on the planet could see what was happening.
I'll leave it at that
Old April 2nd, 2020, 06:39 AM
No it's not a parts car!!

​While you were partying on spring break we were already shutting down, everyone on the planet could see what was happening.
I'll leave it at that
Just out of curiosity
What does the Canadian collage student do for Spring Break ? Burrrrr
Old April 2nd, 2020, 07:03 AM

I'll leave it at that
You also have a fraction of the number of people traveling in and out of your country as we do. We can do this all day and is not going to get us anywhere. In the end you will hate Trump and play the finger pointing game. I suppose you believe the numbers coming from China also?
Old April 2nd, 2020, 07:34 AM

The video Kenny linked is interesting news. When I served in Iraq and Afghanistan I was prescribed hydroxychloroquine. That stuff is NASTY. I recall that it gave me wild, disturbing dreams. Like most of my battle buddies I took it for about a week and then never again.

That's great if it is effective vs. coronavirus though.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 07:56 AM
Jeff

You also have a fraction of the number of people traveling in and out of your country as we do. We can do this all day and is not going to get us anywhere. In the end you will hate Trump and play the finger pointing game. I suppose you believe the numbers coming from China also?
Or, you could just move right along w/out having to chime in defending your side of the political aisle. Arguing back and forth is accomplishing ZERO.

Old April 2nd, 2020, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Or, you could just move right along w/out having to chime in defending your side of the political aisle. Arguing back and forth is accomplishing ZERO.
So could the Canadians. Jensen didn't shoot first.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 08:38 AM

We can only control the controllable. Being kind to others is still within each individual's control. So, step back, give everyone some distance (pun intended), and be kind. Isn't there enough bullchit going on out in the world? Good luck, be safe and wash your damned hands.
The "pandemic of this magnitude" was partially caused by inaction and denial at the highest level. The Canadian stats seem to show a lower rate as pointed out in a previous post. One country that was well prepared was Taiwan. Their stats are similar to Canada.
Studies in past years HAVE SHOWN that alcohol sales increased during times of "stress" (recessions, unemployment, etc.) Why they increase with lower household income is the mystery.

Location Confirmed Recovered Deaths
Canada 9,731 1,541 111
United States 216,362 8,878 5,133
Current stats. Canada has around one ninth the population of the US, so should be seeing around 570 deaths, yet less than one fifth that at this time. No politics allowed so I'll venture no opinion on why
In most cases, facts are hard to deny.

In case you never heard about it, Rex Tillerson referred to Trump as a "F cking Moron". Rex Tillerson will not confirm or deny it.
People can twist numbers.........they are called "Alternative facts" --KellyAnne Conway.
Grumbler is from Canada. I very much doubt he cares one way or another about Trump.

While you were partying on spring break we were already shutting down, everyone on the planet could see what was happening. I'll leave it at that
Thats pretty obvious to some, but not all.

One more time, Grumbler is from Canada and could careless about Trump.
If you believe Trump telling you Putin didn't meddle in the 2016 elections, you'll believe China's numbers.

Originally Posted by HighwayStar 442
Called a few few things in lifetime. "You disgust me. You're pathetic." First time I ever been called that. To me 100,000 to 240,000 is Disgusting and Pathetic to me!
"No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine."
"We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. ... we think it’s going to have a very good ending for it.
"We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape."
The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!
Very under control in USA. Stock market starting to look good to me looks go to me!
deflects criticism
“I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away. They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
The 15 cases within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero
"Anybody that wants a test can get a test."
"I've always known this is a real, this is a pandemic. I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."
My rating are the greatest

Thank you for refreshing my memory. That pretty much sums up inaction and denial at the highest level.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 08:55 AM

I'm going to close this thread.