The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Up and out early today. I guess sleeping in a room with no curtains it's easy to be up early. Awful house wasn't busy, but they said it would be.

Beautiful out. Got plenty to do outside, and hopefully will get some more painting done. That is if I decide I like the color I chose.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old May 13th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well yesterday was fun. The heat is on, so to speak and the temps yesterday got up to a little over 80. I went to the boneyard and got a new chime module for the Saturn, and while I was at it I took out the fuel pressure regulator to see how much work was involved. Pretty easy actually but it confirmed my suspicion that the one in the low Saturn is faulty.

When I got home I put in the chime module (ezpz job) and everything thats spoda chime now chimes, and for the cold weather the rear defogger now works.

Got the Malibu washed and also vacuumed the inside. I don't think the old guy we bought if from ever vacuumed it much and the only good thing is the rubber winter mat over top of everything seemed to catch most of the crud. I think I should take it to the detail shop and get the whole car professionally cleaned and polished. They also do 'paint correction' whatever that is.

Mike - So you need a car that would show 06D not 06C on the cowl tag. In 1967 even the partial 3 days of the week in June counts as week 1. Cool idea for car ownership. I think there are more opportunities for you than if I started a quest for my birth year car.

Jouni - Good to hear from you again. I kinda figured your work was tying you up. Was there a union strike or something?

Jim - y'all headed sout soon??

Glenn - safe travels on your trip back from Fayetteville. Hope the graduation ceremony went well and you had a great time. :0
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:11 AM

Mawn'in

I'm bck from de hills

Had a nice few days or R&R and got back jes in time t start mowing again

BUT, I better not mow on Mother's Day

So are any of you other pizza makers making dough and sauce from scratch?

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Looks delish Jim. I make my dough more squarish shape an it still fits on the pizza stone. Only thing you did different is added olives. I woulda done that except we're plumb outta them.
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Always room for one more

Nope June 1 and 2 were still 05E.
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:29 AM

Happy mother's day

Another rainy weekend. I work in the ever so great agriculture sector, and was looking forward to having half Saturday off to drive my car. Plus drive it to the ever popular Sunday hours of 10 am to 3 pm shift manning the parts department. Only to have rain spoil both events to drive it. It sits alone in the garage, freshly cleaned up with Wizards Show n Shine and a micro fiber cloth. Prior drive I drove home and caught a light shower...

So, I am sitting on my bar stool, at work, having driven by no one in the fields yesterday let alone this am enroute to work. Listening to a strong shower hit the steal roof.

Being mother's day I could of found better ways to spend the time ...
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:54 AM
CQR

Happy Mothers day everyone.
Well bought the wheels, now to just get them home. I believe I'm gonna see what the redlines that came on the SS1's are gonna look like on these.

We Went to the Springs for a bar Mitzvah. It was nice to get Brit out for the jaunt. Then we headed up to Manitou for a beer then had BBQ at a gas station. Thats where I went down and met Darrell. Hope he's well.

Mike, You're not the only one playing Uber for those things right now.

We were sitting on the porch this morning drinking coffee when we saw a coon hop down the neighbors chimney.

Have a day all.
Old May 13th, 2018, 10:05 AM

Evening.

Okay- im not trying to even pretend that i read all the messages written between my visits here. Been sunny weekend, and got alot done. Really good weekend i have to say.
Tomorrow its working-week again. I made decision to postpone getting my Cutlass back to road for 2019. Might as well do few other things now

Jamesbo - About pizza- we do. But its more a winter-thing for us to make pizza

CQR - Your pics not showing

Allan R - We spanked your *** yesterday 5-1 Tho our couch is so crap that when first "win or drop" games start, were out. Thank god this is last tournament hes going to lead, hopefully ever. Hes been such a mistake for our Ice-Hockey team......

442fanatic - Well, i quess you would had many better ways to spend the sunday..

Okay, have a day all. And have a great new week. Soon its FIN-GER at IIHF, have to watch it.
Old May 13th, 2018, 10:27 AM

Square pizza what in the wild wild world of sports is the world coming to

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...0&action=click
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Square pizza what in the wild wild world of sports is the world coming to
Squarish is a shape that's easier to cut. Sent ya a picture on Messenger. Didn't cha see it? Next thing yer gonna say is it's a sin to add hot pepper flakes an parmizzan cheez?? Even more uv a sin ta eats wit a knife an fork??
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:57 AM

yes, Allan, I saw de pic. do you make square pancakes also
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yewd be sprized whut I make, and what shapes too! I got forms to make de eggs fer a mc stacker of egg, cheese and ham better than rotten ronnie makes.

BTW, de anchovies were absolutely the best!! The extra pepperoni hepped, as did the xtra cheese an sweet peppers. I think you an me are the only ones who likes them salty lil fishes. I also used some of the spicy salsa for sauce instead of jest mater sauce
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:51 PM
MOTORHEAD

happy mothers

HEY THERE

Just tuned in for a few minutes of fun
The pizza (I B Hungry) brought me back

The gluten free gang told me the fave recipe
Crust crumbled cauliflower mixed with butter
cooked in cast iron with all favorite toppings
(no stinky little fish on this side of the pie)

grass is green and getting tall
hope the old snapper fires up again
otherwise off to lawn mower land shopping

ALL THE BEST

Last edited by 11971four4two; May 13th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:53 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by cqr
happy mothers day everyone.
Well bought the wheels, now to just get them home. I believe i'm gonna see what the redlines that came on the ss1's are gonna look like on these.

we went to the springs for a bar mitzvah. It was nice to get brit out for the jaunt. Then we headed up to manitou for a beer then had bbq at a gas station. Thats where i went down and met darrell. Hope he's well.

Mike, you're not the only one playing uber for those things right now.

We were sitting on the porch this morning drinking coffee when we saw a coon hop down the neighbors chimney.

Have a day all.

cool custom wheels
Old May 13th, 2018, 10:01 PM

Good Morning,

Does anyone know if the rallye gauges can be rebuilt for a 1970 Oldsmobile 442? my Speedometer does not work the cable is good but no reading on the unit. Also my clock does not work, it works for a few seconds if you tap on the lens but quits again.

If rebuilding is an options can anyone recommend a shop that does it?

Craig
Old May 14th, 2018, 03:11 AM

Mawn'in

Gonna try to cut some grass before a mawn'in funeral.

Trying to decide if I gonna have a ROUND bagel or a ROUND biscuit or a ROUND doughnut or ROUND PANCAKE fer breakfast

I've got it, I'm gonna have a ROUND English muffin with a piece of ROUND Canadian bacon on top

Then I'm gonna go shopping fer Allan and get him a pizza cutter and a razor

Old May 14th, 2018, 06:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Hahahahahaha, Jim are you tryin to make a point? Thanks but I already got a pizza cutter and razor. The pizza cutter werks jest fine on ROUND or SQUARE pizza too BTW You gonna whack whitey another day this week?

Mike - You are correct sir. My bad on that date code. I don't know what I was thinking.

Craig - Yes they can be rebuilt. The clock issue could be dirty contacts or the assembly just needs cleaning and lube. Check the connection on the transmission for the speedo. If you need any of these rebuilt, one of the members here (Oldspackrat - aka Scott Winn) performs these rebuild services. He lives in Indianapolis IN 317-727-7041

Wonder if Dan got his puter back and running again...

Gotta head out and water. Spoda get up to 85°+ here this afternoon.

Enjoy your day.
Old May 14th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got back from the Awful house. Had enlightening conversation. I guess that's why the old guys would hang out at my granddad's gas station all morning.

Tell me if this doesn't sound like a scam. There's this car in North Carolina that I called about a few weeks ago, got nowhere with it. It's been on ebay a couple times and the guy is a jerk. No wonder he can't sell it. Got sent a link to "Pawn Auction" and it happens to be this car. So I emailed through the website, got nothing back. Wasn't surprised. Got this in my email this morning.

Pawn Auction is an online blind-auction platform. The car is located in Omaha NE.
The item is not in our custody until the supplier accepts an offer made by a potential buyer.
Once you win an auction the supplier will ship the item to our logistic hub in Billings MT, you can come and pick it up from here or we can arrange to ship it to your location.
It's a flat shipping fee, about $0.32/mile.

Now, I know this car isn't in Nebraska or Montana. And I've run across sites like this before. In fact I saw my car on a site like this, but it was in South Carolina and no one ever told me different. I called the guy and went to his house to buy it. So why would I get a notice like this from these people? Very strange indeed.

Jamesbo what about a round pizza cut into squares?

Got some errands to do and I had best get some work done on the bedroom. Last day off it needs to count. Especially since I won't have any time to myself next weekend.

Have a good Monday everyone.
Old May 14th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Yeah, it sounds like a scam. Use the smell test. If it smells rotten, it probably is. And since when does a seller ship to a logistics hub so you can pick it up or have shipping arranged to your door. That alone smells to high heaven.

Just got off the phone talking to the Optic TV service peeps. Our modem is down for the count so the missus won't have any of her shows to watch till later today. This is getting to be a royal PITA. We've had nothing but trouble and countless technicians out to resolve the problem over the past year or so. Now they say it's an outside connection that's not communicating with the modem. Uh huh. We'll see. Could also be the firmware in the new modem. Stupid system has been totally replaced 3 times already and none of it seems to last.
Old May 14th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Olds Friends:

We got back from our Arkansas trip about three yesterday afternoon. I checked my odometer and we drove 799.97 miles. I could probably have come in the other end of the street and it would have been 800 miles. It was a good trip but pretty fast. The B&B in Eureka Springs was nice and had a great breakfast. We had a nice dinner at an Italian Restaurant in an old house we had eaten at several years ago with friends that were former neighbors. Still very good. We really didn't have much time in Eureka Springs on Saturday before we headed to Fayetteville for the granddaughter's graduation. They had been doing commencement ceremonies for two days and this was the last one. They had 600 students receiving their degrees. After the ceremony we stayed and took pictures and then headed to Fort Smith about 60 miles away and spend the night. I wish we had left Thursday and spent another night in Eureka Springs.
I have a doctors appointment at 1:30 today to have him look at the xrays and this little lump in my chest. The mammogram and sonogram showed it to be a fatty deposit but I guess he will discuss if it needs to come our. It is not anything I am worried about since I have had the pictures taken of it.
Hope all of you have a good day. It is good to be back.
Old May 14th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo's pancake du jour

Not ROUND, but very edible and makes ya wanna go fast!!

Old May 14th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, late break. Been doing odd things around the house and decided I needed lunch. At only 3 that isn't so bad.

Found a discrepancy in the wood trim I bought for the bedroom. I assumed since it was cut to length and shrinkwrapped that it was stain grade. Nope. The first two pieces I unwrapped looked nice, the other piece looked like it was stuck together using 10 small pieces. Don't know why I didn't notice this in the store. I'll use this piece for behind the door, the door being open most of the time will hide it.

Question for the knowing. Did the 442 in 67 only come with a 400 or could it have a 425? Also was the automatic a 400 or still the ST300 2speed? This is information I can't seem to find. I must be daft.

Summit cruise in tonight. It's pretty hot this afternoon so if it doesn't cool down there won't be a ton of people. Maybe I should take this:

Okay back to work. Second coat of stain on the trim, sand the first bedroom wall, make a swamp cooler.

See ya's.
Old May 14th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, the 67 442 was the higher performance 400 CID. Included in Option L78. I don't ever remember seeing a 425 listed for the 67 Cutlass lineup.

From the 67 SPECS

Old May 14th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks Allan. I've seen more than a couple ads where the person says their 442 has the optional 425, in fact when I asked that one guy about the engine in his car, all he would say is, it's the correct D block. But the printed word prevails.
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:03 PM
CQR

Nope. they only had 2 v8 engine sizes for 67 in the cutlass lineup. The 330 and the 400. the 400 4bbl was in the L78 option and you could get a 2bbl 400 in the Turnpike cruiser. And if it had a 400 motor it had the TH400 trans if it was an auto.
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:20 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by Allan R
Not ROUND, but very edible and makes ya wanna go fast!!

What
No butter or Murple Surple??
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:27 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by slantflat
Thanks Allan. I've seen more than a couple ads where the person says their 442 has the optional 425, in fact when I asked that one guy about the engine in his car, all he would say is, it's the correct D block. But the printed word prevails.

I purchased a 1969 ss396 375hp Chevelle
It had the "optional" 425 Olds engine in it
Old May 14th, 2018, 02:44 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Good Morning Olds Friends:

We got back from our Arkansas trip about three yesterday afternoon. I checked my odometer and we drove 799.97 miles. I could probably have come in the other end of the street and it would have been 800 miles. It was a good trip but pretty fast. The B&B in Eureka Springs was nice and had a great breakfast. We had a nice dinner at an Italian Restaurant in an old house we had eaten at several years ago with friends that were former neighbors. Still very good. We really didn't have much time in Eureka Springs on Saturday before we headed to Fayetteville for the granddaughter's graduation. They had been doing commencement ceremonies for two days and this was the last one. They had 600 students receiving their degrees. After the ceremony we stayed and took pictures and then headed to Fort Smith about 60 miles away and spend the night. I wish we had left Thursday and spent another night in Eureka Springs.
I have a doctors appointment at 1:30 today to have him look at the xrays and this little lump in my chest. The mammogram and sonogram showed it to be a fatty deposit but I guess he will discuss if it needs to come our. It is not anything I am worried about since I have had the pictures taken of it.
Hope all of you have a good day. It is good to be back.

Glad your trip was good.
I plan to get my OLDS out of storage tuesday. looking forward to that
Hope DR visit went well. I spent most of the morning in a tube MRI and then X Rays back to see the doc on thursday
Old May 14th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

The 425 Olds engine was never put in any intermediate A body cars from the factory and was never an option.
Old May 14th, 2018, 04:26 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by redoldsman
The 425 Olds engine was never put in any intermediate A body cars from the factory and was never an option.

I am sure my chevelle got the 425 as an "owner installed option"
Old May 14th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Always room for one more

Well thanks everyone. That makes things easier. Big surprise the guy who was least helpful lied about his car.

So exactly one Oldsmobile at the cruise in. A 67 442 W30. This car has been coming for years. Never seen who drives it. One of these times I'll take a picture, it's got some weird, period style stripes.

Went to put the second coat of stain on my trim, and noticed the first coat brought out some sort of machined pattern, probably where the planks went through a planer. Looks terrible. Apparently none of it is stain grade. I may just have some very expensive firewood.

Got some Amphicar club stuff to do this evening, that should take me into the wee hours so I can sleep in tomorrow. Only three this week. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 15th, 2018, 03:01 AM

Mawn'in

Spose to be another warm one

Cut all the grass yesterday [before and after the funeral]

Had me a round biscuit with a round sausage patty dis mawn'in

Mike, Remember the GM 400 c.i. limitations in A bodies. I need to go bum a ride/swim in am Amphi to get it out of my system

Old May 15th, 2018, 05:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo's pancake du jour

Good morning everyone,

Hot yesterday, even hotter for today. With luck the idiots at FedEx will release my RA order today. It's been sitting in the local distribution center since Sunday and they say Wed delivery. WTH?? I paid for 2-3 day delivery and they're stretching it out to 5?? Total BS.

Jim - Raisin Bran for me. I guess the bowl was round Here's your odd shaped pancake du jour....

Ya ever notice that Wendy's burgers are square???

Nice n quiet out. Time to commune with the flowers over a nice hot cuppa tea.
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:10 AM

Allan, love those pancakes! My grandkids and I used to make their initials in pancakes but never got as good as yours.
Oh yeah- guess what we have now that spring is finally here? MOSQUITOES! Ah there is always something to complain about....
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan:

Jim needs a round tuit

Old May 15th, 2018, 06:32 AM

Old May 15th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:
It is looking like rain here this morning. I have a friend and former co-worker that is going to be out this way today and we are planning on meeting for lunch.
Allan, those pancakes remind me of the turtle pancakes my wife used to make for our kids who are now 45 and 50. Wow time gets by. Those dinosaur pancakes are pretty creative.
I went to the surgeon yesterday to get his account of this lump in my right breast that I had the mammogram and sonogram on a couple weeks ago. There is like a 1 in 1,000 chance it could be malignant. There is like a 4% chance something could be there that the mammogram did not catch. To take it out is a quick procedure and is day surgery. The recovery is about 2 days. I said "take it out". So, out it comes on June 4th. My wife and I will both sleep better knowing there is nothing to it. If I was the 1 in 1,000 where there was something to it, I will be damn glad I had it taken out. I have no worries about it. Allergies are driving everybody crazy here including me. Have a great day guys.
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Clara Peller with her 15 minutes of fame and she probably got paid pretty well for it. Great commercial.
Old May 15th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yay! My fuel pressure regulator showed up at 11:00. Great, now it's 80° and no shade. I hate when stuff like that happens. I'll wait till later when it cools down some.

Greg - Those aren't my pancakes. If they were, they'd be squarish.... or maybe triangular... Just having fun with Jim.

Glenn - I guess better to be safe than sorry. Is it a day surgery type of operation?
Old May 15th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan, it is day surgery and the procedure takes about 20 minutes. Since it so minor I felt it was better to be safe than sorry.