The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2018, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

The ford world wimmens curling wrapped up yesterday. Canada won gold, Sweden got silver and Russia took bronze. Jamie Sinclair of USA had a meltdown on the ice playing Russia. Up till then I thought she was a good sport. Oh well.

I've got a bonspiel to play in starting today so no whackin whitey or cutting grass (hahahahaha, like that's a possibility here right now).

Mike, congratulations on the new job? I hope everything works out well for you. I'm guessing it's the same kind of work and still with big D. Hey, that means you'll be a lot closer to John when you make that move.

Jim, mebbe time fer a new mower if stuff is wearing out. Hahaha, you could buy one with that $800 refund check.

Dan, how's the new shift working for ya?

Jouni, I tried looking up what your name would translate to in English. Too funny, the answer is "Jouni" according to google translate. And here I thought it might end up being Karl or Steven or Connor.... Hope they got the pronunciation right.

Time for a breakfast of champions.
Old March 26th, 2018, 06:29 AM

Allan, Wouldn't buy a month's worth of fuel for my mower
https://www.exmark.com/products/mowe...lazer-z-diesel
Old March 26th, 2018, 07:48 AM

Afternoon.

Spend a day at garage. Been beautiful few days, sun shining from clear blue sky melting snow. Hopefully next week im going to work!

slantflat - Congrats for new job! Lead cant be any worse atleast, if ive read correctly your rants over the years about them

Allan R - Yes, its just Jouni. Hows weather at Canada?

Okay, i head to warm up sauna. Have a nice week everyone!
Old March 26th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, if that costs more than $800/month in fuel sumting is Wong with it. Mebbe if ya run it 8 hrs a day 5 days a week....

Jouni, doing well here. Currently only -4 but Spoda warm up to +2 later
Old March 26th, 2018, 09:55 AM

Okay, around same temps here. Our new neighbour is lazy, now i can say it. Theyve been living there now 3 months, and he hasnt done single time snow-works from our shared beginning of road which splits then to our houses. My wife sayed maybe they dont know what to do when living on house?? Lol...

Otherwise they seem to be nice, and lady in house is really pretty...
Old March 26th, 2018, 10:49 AM

Inline, Ya better get tepee creeping out of your head
Old March 26th, 2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Inline, Ya better get tepee creeping out of your head
Eh??? Please explain slowly (Didnt understand )
Old March 26th, 2018, 12:01 PM

That's when ya sneak out of your home late at night [tepee as in Indian tent] and sneak into your neighbors house [and are up to no good]
Old March 26th, 2018, 12:43 PM

Allan, the first day just ended, got home about 30 minutes ago, my brain says sleep, but my body is jittery from the caffeine. I just mis-spelled half of the words that I am trying to type. The synapses are firing all which way. Jim, that mower seat sure looks comfy, that must be your new mobile office.
Old March 26th, 2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, that mower seat sure looks comfy, that must be your new mobile office.

Yep, it's wonderful til ya wallet falls out. Credit cards become mulch but oddly enough, the cash doesn't shred
Old March 27th, 2018, 04:19 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline, I think Jamesbo is hinting that you may want to just tend to your own garden.

Mike, Congrats on the new position. Quite the undertaking.

Snowed last night. about 3" on the grass but the streets are just wet. Sorry I've been lax. lots going on. The missus is going to have a cyst removed from her neck today. Her shoulder surgery is postponed until the 10th I think. Dad is in the ICU day 8. Still can't seem to ramp up his kidneys. His patience are wearing thin. Can't blame him.

Got Brit out on Sunday to go to dinner, That was nice.

Have a day.
Old March 27th, 2018, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in

Chili and overcast

Clint, Good luck with all ya got going on, Don't worry about us, we'll hold down the fort for ya. sum days ya gotta be better than a 2 plate juggler,

Allan, I hate to ax but does curling season ever end ?? or his it kinda like coyote season

Mike, have you discussed your move with tiger? I hope he likes Cajun food

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 27th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday morning was like the maiden voyage of the titanic. 2 of the curlers on our made up of stragglers team apparently know what curling is, but don't know how to play. It's really frustrating when only 2 people on the team are effective against an established team who brings guns to a knife fight. Today we'll be playing at my home rink (Saville) and hopefully we'll do better. The dinner last night was over the top but I didn't eat much as I wasn't feeling well.

Jim, it's kinda like football for season length. September to April. I don't get tired of it especially when I get a chance to play. Better than any day spent doing nuthin

Clint, prayers for your dad and Lynne. I had a cyst removed from the middle of my back a few years ago. The only awkward thing was changing the wound dressing. She'll need help with that. Probably have to be careful with the shower for a few days afterwards too. Nice that you could get Brit out for a spin, I'm envious.

Jouni, mebbe your neighbor was too busy inside to be outside clearing snow? It's been snowing here since last night but should let up around noon. Temp is around -7 so it's not melting This $hit is getting old. Going back to work next week? My how the time has flown.

Have a good day everyone.
Old March 27th, 2018, 10:40 AM

Evening.

Went to garage today to just spend time and take few pics. Now heating up fireplace to grill some sausage to eat. Tomorrow im gonna start the season for doing food outside.. Risotto.. Yum..

Oh and thanks for warnings everyone We have a rule; you can look but not touch. You would be lieing to yourself if youd say you never look pretty women

CQR - All the best for your dad and missus

Allan R - Too busy for whole winter is bull**** Hope you do better today at home-rink

So, have a day all. Tomorrow its sauna day. Now im sipping cheap rum ( Bacardi) since wifes mother gave a bottle to me due to keeping her car 2 weeks on our yard when they went to vacation on Mauritius.
Old March 27th, 2018, 10:44 AM

Well while Allan was watching folks sweep ice, I got my new bearing on my pulley,donned my M-65 field jacket [with hood and liner], gloves and hat and mowed 2 acres

I'll bet I'm the only guy on C.O. that mows his own grave [hopefully in the distant future

Cause tomorrow it's spose to be warm and I'm gonna smack whitey around
Old March 27th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little while ago. Thanks for the nice words, not going anywhere. Looked at places all day yesterday, didn't find $hit, found out I had to be to the new job almost immediately anyway. Told the guy thanks but no thanks. I did get to see da swamp and have a nice dinner with John and Better Half.

So that was a long trip that didn't take long. Tiger was very good, as he always is, but we're both glad to be home. I took tonight off work and go back tomorrow. So three this week. Gotta work back up to 4 I guess.

I'll do a little catching up and maybe show back up later. Might hit the Awful house and run a couple errands. Nice out, a little cool but no rain.
Old March 27th, 2018, 03:26 PM

Hi guys

Yes I’m still breathing!
I’ve been working 15 hour days for the last two weeks including weekends so haven’t had much of a chance to get on here. Not much has been happening apart from working and a couple of charity do’s.
My good lady wife did win a special award from the Mayor of our London borough as the the top fundraiser in the district. So far this year we have hit £65k or about $92k for our two charities, but it’s been hard work.

Tomorrow I have 53 lengths of steel being delivered for our new second floor, just hope I don’t have to unload it on my own!

Time to sleeeeeeep!
Old March 27th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim I guess I got ta break this you ya gently. I'm not watching, I'm playing in a bonspiel. Honest, the skip I'm playing with probably knows less about curling than you do. It's really sad and frustrating to curl with incompetent people.

​​​​​​Good to hear you got the mower fixed so ya could cut de grass.
Old March 28th, 2018, 02:12 AM

Mawn'in

Cool but spose ta warm up sooooooooooooooo, I'm off to smack whitey

Mike, Glad ya got to break bread in the swamp with John, I don't think I'd like to live down there but it's a wonderful city to eat in.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Honest, the skip I'm playing with probably knows less about curling than you do. .
With all due respect, I'm not sure that's possible

Old March 28th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

3" of the heavy wet white crap yesterday but most of it melted off the roads by the time I was traveling.

Jim, it's hard to soar with the Eagles when yer stuck with a bunch of wild turkeys... Just for the record I think it would be darn close. Yesterday he axes me what the different weights (speeds) of curling shots are cuz he didn't know. WTF? And he is a skip? He doesn't understand strategy and also can't make any shots except maybe the ones he'd get from de bar. Well I guess the banquet makes up somewhat for having to play with them. It's been awhile so I'm guessing yer in de clubhouse at 47/45 today.

London, congrats on the charity fundraising. Gotta love those 15 hour days.

Dan, I think you'll be awhile getting used to that shift. Kinda like a bad case of jet lag.

Mike, too bad it didn't work out for you. How's John and his better half doing? Is he going to come back to the site for a visit?

Jouni, forecast here is more snow and colder. Almost like being in Finland of North America.
Old March 28th, 2018, 10:41 AM

Evening.

Not much about today. Did risotto, visited garage, heated sauna, drink few beers. Normal wednesday.

LondonCutlass - Good to hear about you

Allan R - Heh, Canada is just like Finland atleast on weather. I quess its many other ways pretty same, what ive been reading about Canada

Jamesbo - How did smacking whitey go?

Okay, have a humpday all!
Old March 28th, 2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Inline
Jamesbo - How did smacking whitey go?
I thought you'd never ax. A few pars 1 birdie not great not awful

If I smacked whitey as much as Allan curls, I'd be a whole lot better. But it's FINALLY spring so I'm hoping to get back in the groove.
Old March 28th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out, in the 70s. Now we're talking! Should be nice through the weekend.

Allan John and Better Half are doing fine, both busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger. They have a beautiful place and John has a marvelous shop.

First night of work tonight. It will be unusually tough since I know I'm not going anywhere. Eh, things will work out.

Okay have a good night everyone.
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:16 AM

It's such a pretty day, I think I'll ave another go at it

Old March 29th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well we were able to maintain our perfect record at the bonspiel and even won some money. I'm already making plans for next year..... Today Best Buy is having a huge Black Friday type sale. I was online early at 7:02 to reserve a nice LED gaming monitor and noticed the Logitech wireless wave keyboard/mouse combo I bought last week is now on sale for $30 less so I'll take my bill in and get a refund for that amount. Now all that's left is wait for the new computer desk to arrive and buy a new chair.....

Jim, now that I'm finished curling fer de year there's still the ford world men's ent in lost wages starting on Saturday. Then the season will wrap up with the Pintys Champions cup in Calgary later in April. Didja do better whackin whitey today?

Mike, that's good to hear about John. I can appreciate how life can get busy and wish them all the best. Not to worry, you'll find a way to make the stay enjoyable staying where you are. Do you think you would ever leave big D in search of another similar type of job?

Jouni, I suspect the Finnish climate might be a bit similar to here but I think our summer might be a bit better. Honestly though I wouldn't mind if the temps here stayed at a pleasant 21 or 22 all summer long. I'm not a big fan of 27+ temps. I got tired of my Mrs telling me I could just tough it out when it got hot especially since our Summer's have been getting more hot spells. That's why I decided to install central AC 3 years ago. She hates it but I love it. We compromise by keeping the inside at 23 on hot days.

Dan, how's the adjustment treating you? I bet it also affects your down time quite a bit. Im going to make some pizza today and make it into a meat lovers delight with all the meat I'm putting on it. It doesn't have to go anywhere other than from the oven to a cooling rack on the counter so no chance of it getting ruined.

Here I am typing on the eye pad and I almost forgot to take out the trash. Beat the trash dude to the curb by about 30 seconds. I guess if I had missed him I could just have walked it across the street to the neighbors and left it for his swing back through the cul de sac.

Have a great day everyone.
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:54 PM

Dan, how's the adjustment treating you?
Sleep, must have sleep. For the life of me I can't get any sleep, even if I feel like I'm going to fall over, I'll hit the hay, but can't fall to sleep. I tried melatonin last night, but to no avail, I'm trying Tylenol PM tonight. Here's hoping that all goes well with your pizza, do you need a hand with it?
Old March 29th, 2018, 01:42 PM

Thanks Allan, I played about the same not good not bad. A few pars no birdies and only a few [blow up] double boggies
Old March 29th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well I was happily surprised that last night wasn't a ball buster like I thought it would be. Actually fairly relaxed, nothing ridiculous and got out a tad early. Not bad.

But as Scarlett O'Hara says, tomorrow is another day. So no telling what's going to go on tonight. I know the lead we usually have is on vacation starting tonight, so all bets are off. Eh, tonight and tomorrow and I'm off again. I can handle it.

Dan don't worry, you'll get used to it. When I was on 2nd shift, even when I drank a lot, I still got plenty of sleep and got something done before work. Now, let me say that I'm not nor never was a drunk, just the guys I hung with were and I always went out with them after work. After I quit seeing them I saw no need to drink, and really haven't since then. I guess it's weak character, I don't know. Or wisdom that comes with age.

So I may have said that I gave my good mower to a girl at the Awful house. The trailerhood that she lives in was mowing her lawn and charging her an excessive amount for it, and she couldn't afford a mower. So I gave her mine, and now I need one. Any ideas where I can get a really nice mower that isn't stupidly expensive? My Lawn Boy cost me 300 bucks in 1982, I thought that was excessive. That same mower today is probably 500 plus. Lowes, Home Depot seem to be high with their pricing. Maybe I'll get a goat. Tiger would like that I'm sure.

Allan I'm tired of working on airplanes. I'd get another job in a minute if it paid the same. I need to get to the point where I realize if I make less, I'll spend less and need less. I should really poke around at some industry next time I'm at my Mom's, I could live there pretty inexpensively and not need a job making as much as I do now.

Weather is really nice out now. I heard storms tonight, but maybe only on the north side. I keep hearing nice for the weekend so that's what counts.

My sister went to the dermatologist last week for I don't know what, but while she was there the doctor said what's this, and took a biopsy of something that turned out to be skin cancer. Malignant but not aggressive, so she has surgery on Monday and the doctor is not worried about anything. Hope that's as far as it goes.

Okay time to hit it. Have a good evening everyone.
Old March 30th, 2018, 04:54 AM

Mawn'in

Well I'm off to go get sum laser surgery on one of my eye *****

Wish me luck, Maybe my putting will improve

Old March 30th, 2018, 05:21 AM
CQR

I see said the blind man who picked up his hammer and saw... Good luck Jamesbo.

Mike, I'm at that burntout stage as well. Not sure if its actually working on cars or being the boss, or maybe a little of both. Good luck finding a solution.

Dad may be coming home tonight. we'll see.

Allan, That reminds me, I need to get trash gathered.

Have a day all.
Old March 30th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well the good Lord decided to bless us here on Easter Friday with a blanket of pureness. Woke up to several inches of new white stuff and it's still coming down. And it's also -13 so I'm starting to think the world has stopped turning and we're stuck in perpetual winter. Good thing that this is the Easter long weekend and I have no plans to be out unless I have to.

I got my new monitor yesterday from Best Buy. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to pick it up. They gave me cookies and a bottle of water when I came in, and there was no lineup anywhere to be seen. Ezpz. They gave me the refund on the Logitech keyboard without any questions. In/out in 5 minutes.

Mike, I understand that exactly. I often wondered about switching jobs too but like you say, when the money is good sometimes it's hard to walk away. Does big D have a pension plan for you that you could transfer if you left? Lawn mowers are priced like gold here too. I have a buddy who salvages old ones and rebuilds them, then sells them for $50-$100. Have you looked in Craigslist for a second hand one or an almost new one in an estate sale? Just a thought.

Dan, it's called being overtired. Worst feeling in the world when you try to force yourself to sleep. What about taking a nice hot shower and then hit the sack? Btw the pizza turned out really well, and was delish

Jim, good luck with that. Y'all got cataracts? Honest I'm scared spit less of someone doing surgery on my eyes. You're a brave man. Speedy recovery, I expect we might not see a post from ya for awhile. Hahahaha, I got this mental picture of ya driving home with mummy bandage all over yer head.....

Clint, sounds like it's time for another commune with nature? You've been under a lot of stress with so many things lately - renos, work, Lynne surgeries, your dad and his health, and general crap from society. I know you're strong enough to handle it all but remember we all are here for ya if you ever need.

Happy Easter everyone.
Old March 30th, 2018, 06:42 AM

Afternoon.

Sunny and beautiful, perfect easter-weather. Been messing on my car, haters gonna hate Hope they call from work and really soon! I want to get out of there, lol

Jamesbo - You sure lazer-cutting your eye aint doping?

slantflat - You would need 3-4 months per year vacation too to balance the work

1969w3155 - Getting used to new rhytm isnt easy, and ive heard with age its even harder. Cant wait those weeks when we start at night, swap middle of week to Morning, and end the week with night-shift. Those are horrible

Allan R- We have it other way around, we have AC at house and missus would like to use it, but ive told him that if she uses it she pays the electric bill. So we dont use it.
For once if its over +20C outside or inside im not gonna pay for getting cold again!!

Okay, soon food is ready, then i wash wifes car ( mines coloured golden = wont show dirt, needs wash twice a year, before and after winter ) and heat sauna, and grill some sausage.
Have a day!
Old March 30th, 2018, 10:12 AM

Walk in the park. It was to stop on coming glaucoma . One eyeball down on to go
Old March 30th, 2018, 11:06 AM

So you still see world 3D?
Old March 30th, 2018, 12:58 PM

Allan, I usually shower before going to bed. Last night was better, not too bad today. Well Jim, I was going to wish you good luck on your "laser-fare", but scrolling down showed that you were done and good before I could post. I think I'll head to the local mexican take out and get some tamales, I can smell them already.
Old March 30th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Friday. Work, ug.

Clint let's you and me get together and do something that has nothing at all to do with mechanics or people. Like professional bird watching. I'm serious. It's getting harder and harder to not say something to people who irritate me and mild mannered me is starting to think how much fun it would be to take a swing at someone.

Jamesbo I thought the treatment for glaucoma was smoking pot. Just slip a little ganja into your Pall Malls and no one would know the difference. And you'd be happier all the time.

Allan my pension was frozen 13 years ago when the company fell on hard times. Now that we make more money than any other airline the CEO says oh, we still can't re-fund the pension because it would cost too much. I bet he gets a good pension.

I should become an air traffic controller. They get like 6 months vacation a year. How hard can it be to say, "United Heavy, turn left for the down wind" all day.

Loads of rain right after I got to work last night. It cleared up and I think that's it for the weekend. Got lots to do outside, might even break with tradition and do something fun.

Okay out with Tiger one more time and then hit the bricks. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old March 31st, 2018, 04:49 AM

Mawn'in

Headed norte

Enjoy Easter Olds friends
Old March 31st, 2018, 05:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Frigid and more snow forecast. Currently -19 but the 'real feel' temp says -27! I can't remember any Easter in the past being so cold. It's going to put another dent in the heating bill where there normally wouldn't be one. I'm going to have to venture out and plug in the Sonata if I want to go anywhere.

Jim, hope that laser surgery works ok. Can you notice anything different?

Mike, you're probably spot on about the big wigs pensions. They will never sacrifice anything except the workers benefits. Ever thought about working as a parts puller in a boneyard?

Dan, good to hear the adjustment is making improvements. Even when we flew to Mexico and back I found the 2 hour time difference a bit of bother getting used to.

Jouni, it's your car so don't worry what others will think. Sounds like you're itching to get back to work. Our central AC doesn't break the bank when it's in use. Maybe it's because the new wifi thermosat keeps the indoor temp within .5 of its set point which reduces run times. I doubt you'd use it much with the cooler weather you get there anyway?

Today the Ford World Men's Curling starts in Lost Wages NV. Kinda wonder how this will play out since the Olympic teams won't be in the competition.

Stay warm campers, enjoy your Saturday.
Old March 31st, 2018, 06:36 AM

Good day.

Beautiful outside, again. +5 and blue sky. Was on garage, did food, cleaned house.. Maybe soon ill heat sauna and open up few tin-cans

Allan R - Youd be sure i dont care. Someone there on CO said wonderfully " Too many paint-dot and chalk-mark guys". For me that means each to their own.
Sure, AC wouldnt really cost too much considering the days over 20 in reality

Hmm.. Maybe ill head outside to see if theres something to do.

Okay. Here it is. Tomorrow other side Thought, that if im anyways going to paint my car, now its time to hot-rod it a bit, something ive wanted always to do

Good ol' brush + paintcan job
Old March 31st, 2018, 07:45 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I guess a little yammering does the trick. Got out at 130 this morning. Had a lead who doesn't much care about anything. Works for me.

Beautiful out, but a bit crisp. Think I'll work in the yard a little today, need to change the oil in the Cruze and clean up the Tigermobile a bit. I'm wondering if I'll hear from the guy about the Deuce. He's had it since mid-January.

Okay, Awful house. Hope everyone is well.