The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2018, 02:00 AM

Good Morning everyone.

So, temps are over zero, and its promised rain for today. Great for getting that white stuff out! Otherwise, not much to do today, promised to be home today. Tomorrow to garage..

1969w3155 - Okay. I quess its relaxing to just go outside and take pics at nature. Speaking of car-shows, at start of may theres one where i live. Waiting for it. Even its big, i can count all Oldsmobiles probably with one hand fingers

Have a good day all!
Old March 13th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Not much happening here today except for more melting. Yesterday was the first BBQ of the season. Everything turned out great.

Where are London and Clint?
Old March 13th, 2018, 06:04 AM

Mawn'in

Got chili and windy again

Oh well, I'll wait a few days and it'll be 60 again

Dan, Don't let them kid ya. I got off the boat in Ketchkan, Alaska and jumped in a cab and said, Take me to the garbage dump Saw a bunch of bald eagles

Allan, Sorry I jes havta ax. What's your definition of BBQ?

Day lites burning

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 13th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

This is the day. Headed Down Under in a little while. Tiger is in jail and I'm just about ready.

I'll try to check in while I'm gone but unless things have changed, internet is hit or miss out where I'm going. You'd think at this point in the game internet would be everywhere, maybe not.

Hope everyone has a good week and I'll see ya's for sure next week.
Old March 13th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, it's when I use the BBQ to grill food. Like this...
Grilled to perfection
Extra lean ground beef wrapped with 2 strips thick sliced bacon.
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:15 AM

Allan, With all due respect, That's grilled NOT BBQ

BBQ is poke [ in Gawga in Texas it's beuf ]slow cooked till the meat falls apart [sometime with a rub or sauce]

BTW do y'all have BBQ joints up there? I love Brunswick stew
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:29 AM

Whats bbq joint? Only thing that comes to my mind from joint has connections to marihuana..
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Allan, With all due respect, That's grilled NOT BBQ

BBQ is poke [ in Gawga in Texas it's beuf ]slow cooked till the meat falls apart [sometime with a rub or sauce]

BTW do y'all have BBQ joints up there? I love Brunswick stew
Jim, we call it BBQ or grill. Ya notice I said I used the BBQ to grill the food.
​​​​​​I do BBQ poke ribs on low heat fer 2-3 hours and out a rub on the meat. And it does fall right off de bones.
BBQ or grill, it's highly regional.
Yes, we do have BBQ joints up here. They're really pricey though. Not like LA or GA I'm guessing. Brunswick stew? Nope, not enuff squirrels or roadkill to make dat.
Old March 13th, 2018, 12:10 PM

Pricy?

Ya know that get's me on one of my favorite subjects.

Food.

But cha know Italian food shouldn't be expensive or Chinese or Mexican. when ya get a maitre d looks like Steven Seagal, ya know you've come to the wrong place

Inline, A BBQ joint is often owner run and ya can smell them cooking for miles NOT fancy or pricey just slow cooked. Vinyl covered tables and chairs no table cloths hot sauce on the table [for those that like it]

I've aten at this one more times than Mike's been to the Aweful House
http://www.sprayberrysbbq.com/
Old March 13th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So Jim, are you the old feller in de suit an tie being served in dat picture??
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:50 PM

Good Morning everyone.

So, its snowed at night Just when i got my hope ups about that stuff melting away!

Jamesbo - Okay, thanks for explanation. No, we dont have anything comparable here. Just pizzerias/ kebab-Places on every second-corner

Hmm.. After a while i head to garage, for that dreaded fuel-line installation. If i do 1/3rd per visit, i dont get overly frustrated?

Okay, have a day all! Humpday!
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:10 AM

Mawn'in

Still chili

Originally Posted by Allan R
So Jim, are you the old feller in de suit an tie being served in dat picture??
Nope, I'm not sure I can remember how to tie a tie

Old March 14th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Curling awaits. Last game of the Wednesday league. It would be nice to finish with a gold instead of silver. A bit cool right now at -13 so Mebbe have to warm up the car and scrape frost.

Mike, safe travels to oz. Hope you have a really good trip. Since you like heat I think it will be perfect for you. Which part do you go to?

Jim, if we had bbq places like that I'd eat out a lot more. But we don't.

Jouni, are you running all new fuel lines front to back? That's a bit of impossible without lifting the body to get at the mounting clips at the rear where it comes up across the frame. Brake lines are easy in comparison. Don't worry about the snow, it won't last.

I'll be picking up the new puter on the way home from curling. They called yesterday that it was ready so I went to get it. Then they say oops, we forgot to migrate one of the hard drives. Wasted trip. On the way back to the car I see one of the air dam springs is hanging which means the other side of it is gone. Have to find the spare and install it. Not a big job, just a pita to do without putting it up on ramps.

Have a good humpday.
Old March 14th, 2018, 06:24 AM

Does anyone know what today is?
hint, it's a month after Valentine when all the ladies get spoiled
Old March 14th, 2018, 06:51 AM

Jamesbo - Atleast in Finland 14.3 is national beef and b**wjob day- for real!

Allan R - Nah, not impossible. Already have old line out, and all the clips. And yes, doing all the new lines from front to back, and adding return line, old was just one line. Actually we discussed about this with a guy who has 68' Cutlass. He said also its impossible, and used PTFE-line if i remember right. We came to conclusion, that in 73-77 A-body theres just that much more space that its possible.
After all, 73-77 A-body is huge as " mid-size car". And compared to older generations when next to each other.

Just came from garage. Short sections of piping left anymore. But i "cheated", i have fuel lines done from two parts - one part is the one going over rear-axle towards front, and then where it goes to frame-rail after going over rear-axle, is connectors, and from there forward it goes to engine-bay at one piece.
Whole line from one piece would be impossible, i agree. And i tell you, i cursed alot today, was total nerve-rack trying to install fuel-lines on the floor. But i managed!

Last edited by Inline; March 14th, 2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old March 14th, 2018, 07:06 AM

Ding ding ding We have a winner

Inline, I think it's an international holiday
Old March 14th, 2018, 11:59 AM

Ah, might be. I wasnt sure, do i get shafted about mentioning it or not

Didnt get either one, so useless Holiday for me
Old March 14th, 2018, 04:18 PM

Hi Guys

Been really busy this last week so not much time to get on here. I’ve just got back from a meeting in the townhall so I missed my dinner tonight and now it’s too late to eat.

My poor old knee is still playing up and my doc has recommended surgery but I have to put that off for another year as I don’t have time to put my feet up for three months. I do have a heat lamp which does help, even my cat likes that!

Busy arranging everything for this Friday. We’ve organised a borough wide talent show which should be fun. So far I’ve got just over 10k of sponsorship and we’ve sold 200 tickets so we should make a tidy sum for our charities. Next event on the 24th is a kids disco for 300 little ones. My charity year ends on the 14th of May then I have six month without doing any more.
Old March 14th, 2018, 04:33 PM

Well, I went to move a bookcase, but where I wanted to put it is where the Comcast cable (and former Direct TV) came in through the wall, so in my wisdom to make more room, I promptly cut the Comcast cable instead of the Direct TV cable, #*&@! No INTERTNET!!! Hmmm. So, I go outside and see where the now cut Comcast cable attaches to the house and note that it has a splitter where one cable goes to the room with the internet, and the othe goes to the living room where the TV is located, I pulled the now cut Comcast cable through the wall and disconnect it from the splitter, take the Direct TV cable, which had it's own splitter (no longer in use), and attached it to the Comcast splitter, came back inside, and viola I got my internet back. I was going to pat myself on the back for being so clever....but, as I cut the wrong cable to begin with, I won't.
Old March 15th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Won at curling yesterday, one more game to go on Friday.

Picled up the new puter and its migration is all screwed up, including my email accounts. Have to go back and sit with the techs to get it right. They also screwed up the drives on the old puter....

Dentist appointment at 10:15, but first a visit wit de boys.

Gonna be a loooong day.
Old March 15th, 2018, 06:49 AM

mawn'in

Chili but clear

London, I thought you and Clint were taking the Holiday off, Guess Clint's still enjoying it

London, My golf buddy had the stem cell knee surgery and it didn't work so he had to go back a 2nd time

Gonna go have lunch with an ole college bud. He's a car nut case and has a Super Snake

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old March 15th, 2018, 07:55 AM

He's a car nut case and has a Super Snake
An AC Cobra Super Snake from back in the day, or a modern 'Stang?
Old March 15th, 2018, 10:35 AM

Evening.

Visited a garage, just planning ahead. Also, i got robbed! 80$ for fasteners to fuel line, cmoon, just some hangers are worth of 80$???? Lovely cheap hobby, should have stayed at motorcycles and swap wife instead of hobby

LondonCutlass - Good to hear from you. Wow, still charities. You deserve a good holiday after the last one

1969w3155 - Thanks for laugh of the day

Allan R - Congrats for win! Were counting on you winning the last game too

Okay, have a day all
Old March 15th, 2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
An AC Cobra Super Snake from back in the day, or a modern 'Stang?
A Superformance 427
Old March 15th, 2018, 10:08 PM

A Superformance 427
I imagine that it can scare the **** out of ya!
Old March 16th, 2018, 12:32 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Soo.. Its friday. Gonna head soon to garage -> then eat -> then sauna -> listen good music upstairs -> to sleep, if all goes as planned.

Hmm, englishmens kept hold of my ignition parts for 7 days.. Now theyre just moving forward.. Not that i would need them for 3 months??
Had to google that Superformance 427. Nice. I could maybe give a caring hand for one if someone gives me one..
Or i could also own a mid-seventies Jaguar XJS... Theyre appealing to me, as is V12 sound with some straigher pipes.

But have a day all, need to get moving.
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:29 AM

Mawn'in

Chil but spose to warm up and [of course] rain

Headed norte to meet new fridge repair guy de jour

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I imagine that it can scare the **** out of ya!
I don't ride with anyone that drives fast, In college a bud flipped an MG midget in a ditch [sans roll bar] There's nothing like the smell of gasoline pouring on to you when your trapped upside down in a convertible to bring a flash of sanity to your driving/riding habits

Old March 16th, 2018, 06:25 AM
Old School Olds

Oops, howdy boys. Happy Friday...

Last edited by tru-blue 442; March 16th, 2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old March 16th, 2018, 08:20 AM

Pizza attempt #2.
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:51 PM
CQR

Happy Friday afternoon all.

Sorry I've been absent. Just trying to dodge the blows as they keep on coming.

Dad goes in for his heart valve replacement on Monday.

Weather is improving. I'm getting some siding up slowly.

Have a weekend.
Old March 17th, 2018, 01:32 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Drinking coffee. Funny, woke up and no coffee at house. Had to go to mall to buy coffee to home, theres no Morning without coffee.

Soo... Its saturday. Were gonna bake something good, and just kill time. Tomorrow to garage again->

CQR - Hope everything goes well with your father, quess we all do
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone and Happy St. paddys day.

Curled a great game yesterday but Kenny curled just a bit better. I love close games where strategy and skill play important roles. The windup luncheon was stellar and very delish. After the meal and awards I signed up for a bonspiel in about a week, and got an invite to join 2 more leagues next year.

Jouni, fresh baking smells so good, you lucky dog! Haha, next time you run out of koffee just yell and I'll bring some over. I had to reduce mine to maybe one cup a month. Sounds like you'll be spending more time in the garage. Is it heated? Mine isn't or I'd be out there a whole lot more. Not much fun lying on a cold concrete slab. Oh, put some green food color in you beer and hoist one to the Irish later on.

Dan, it's not making pizza that's a problem, it seems to be getting it to the car. Good luck. Maybe open the garage door and back hatch on the Hyundai before you bring the pizza out and watch where you step : D

Clint, hoping all goes well for your dad. Enjoy putting up more siding. I'd offer to help but I can't do heights anymore dammit.

Jim, well? What's de verdict on de newbie fridge dud? Did he accept payment by credit card?
Old March 17th, 2018, 11:47 AM

Allan, the guys gave me heck on Thursday when I said that I would make one again, and guess what? the door on the Hyundai was locked again, but rather than trying to do it one handed, I set the pizza on top of the '69 before fishing the keys out of my pocket.
Old March 17th, 2018, 12:02 PM

Home again

Allan, Fridge repairman #2 said fridge repair man #1 was and idiot and put the wrong part in [for $800.00] The bad news is the correct part is $2,100 bucks + shipping and labor.

Me thinks I'm gonna toss this one in a dumpster and get a new one and buy and additional warranty. Problem is I need black and stainless is in vogue these day.

I really hate buying a fridge with a computer in it

I'm told, Don't buy Samsung, whirlpool or kitchenaide is the way t go
Old March 17th, 2018, 12:19 PM

Jamesbo. Fridge. Part to fix it, 2100$???? Please explain. I could buy 5 fridges with froster with that price
Old March 17th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Inline, It's the module [Whatever that is] that sit up next to the compressor on top of the cabinet
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I hate to say this but I can .get a nice brand new fridge in white, black or stainless for a lil less than $2100.00 Toss that loser pronto and tell de supermodel to take what you buy. Not like it's gonna be the conversation piece of the house.

One other brand to avoid is LG. Inglis, whirlpooW, GE, Maytag will all do you good service.

Dan, I guess that means everything went well and the appreciative masses were fed?
Old March 17th, 2018, 08:43 PM

Dan, I guess that means everything went well and the appreciative masses were fed?
Yep, with a couple of compliments to boot.
Old March 18th, 2018, 03:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

I guess winter is definitely not over. It snowed yesterday and last night. Spoda stop this morning sometime. Not a lot, but still 3" of the heavier stuff. This is getting old even for me.

Dan, good for you. Sounds like your co workers are appreciative .

Mike should be coming home soon? I wonder if he had a chance to look up Adrian. Safe travels home Mike!

Clint, how much siding did you get done?

Final game of the GSOC Elite 10 goes in a few hours. Gushue vs McEwen. This is magic Mike's last year with his current team as they're all going their separate ways. He was perfect in round robin and I think he has a good chance to win because he like the new skins rules better than Brad does. I guess I'll find out in awhile.
Old March 19th, 2018, 05:07 AM

Going Fridge shopping
Have a great day Olds friemds