1967 Turnpike Cruiser Project

Old July 7th, 2015, 05:13 AM

Thanks as always Eric!
Old July 27th, 2015, 04:21 PM

Here is a quick update, I found all the bulbs were removed from behind the dash and a couple of twist in sockets were missing. I have some extra dashes and grabbed the sockets from one to find they are too big! Wow I thought they were all the same and found the ones I need 1/2" not 5/8" on Ebay. I purchased a new flasher and the HD one lets the turn signal blink normally. A new rear wheel cylinder is here but have not swapped it yet. Lastly it looks like I will be repainting the driver's door! They say you live and learn. It appears the primer that was on the car was sprayed on too smooth a surface. Never rely on another's work! After attempting to fix the spot that flaked off I found that more paint came off with removal of the masking tape. I cant help but think I have not seen the last of this problem. We shall see.
Old February 18th, 2016, 07:01 PM

With spring only 4 weeks away thoughts have been turning to the cruiser. I need to check front suspension components. The real road test was a 50 mile trip each way last October to the DVOC fall show in Downingtown Pa. The engine and trans performed well although I did need to add about 2 quarts of fluid before I got started. With the drips I had repaired the only thing I could think of was the engine was burning the fluid thru the modulator. I have a new one to install. As for the suspension I did notice the idler arm has quite a bit of play. I noticed too at 55 MPH to 65 there is a vibration that seems to be coming from the tires? It is enough to cause concern so I need to try some different wheels and tires if the front suspension checks out. The headliner needs install yet and the paint is still problematic in a few spots and needs fixing. Otherwise things are great!