General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

GM Door Sticker

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

GM Door Sticker

Well I finally got my GM door sticker that has been missing for the last 24 years. Bought on Ebay. Seller filled in the information I gave him and this thing looks like - well - just fantastic!!

I know that it's a repro, but I think it's as good as it gets. Most of the cars that get a repaint never have this sticker saved or replaced. What do you think?

BTW this paint is not new. It's 24 years old. And the door seams still look like they were just done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0848.jpg (52.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0849.jpg (71.6 KB, 71 views)
Old May 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Smile

Makes a nice finishing touch!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM

I like that, it's a nice finish touch for the door. the other sticker on the door (GM Mark of Excellence) is that the correct placement for all GM's, In particular B- bodies cars. And lastly who did you deal with on E-bay? I'd like to have one made for my car.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Banned

i bought one of his stickers for my old 31
he makes good stuff
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
I like that, it's a nice finish touch for the door. the other sticker on the door (GM Mark of Excellence) is that the correct placement for all GM's, In particular B- bodies cars. And lastly who did you deal with on E-bay? I'd like to have one made for my car.
Not sure if I got the GM sticker in exactly the right place; I think its really close. These would be put on at the factory so I'm not sure that being out a little here or there is a big thing.

I don't remember off hand who the seller on ebay was. I'll take a look and see if I can find the transaction. agtw31, do you remember off the top of your head who it was you bought from?

The thing I like about this sticker (besides adding a touch of provenance) to the car is that it was done with the same type of lettering and type as GM used on their production.
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
Had to look for it. Here's an ebay link for the same decal.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Looks good. I bought mine from Supercars Unlimited in OR. Hey, where's the Transport Canada sticker? Can't buy those. I've got one for you...free if you can use it. Stop over one day and I'll give you one.
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
Looks good. I bought mine from Supercars Unlimited in OR. Hey, where's the Transport Canada sticker? Can't buy those. I've got one for you...free if you can use it. Stop over one day and I'll give you one.
Uhhhh, the little blue transport Canada sticker........ uhhhh oh yeah! I need to drop over to your place and get one. Good excuse to get the car out of the garage. Been working some God awful long days for the last couple of months and it's not looking very promising for the next month. Still have my 98 in the shop. Starting to feel probably like you were. I've been missing it for the past 3 months. You've got my home email. Send me your address out in the Park, ok? I'll give you a 10-1 before I come out.
Old June 12th, 2009, 05:55 AM

That looks sharp! Definitely a cool acoutrement for your car!