The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jim, If you put Duracell or Energizer Alkaline batteries in yer drivers, I'd guess 44/44. MEBBEE even 44/43
My driver werks jes fine it's my 3 wood that went TU. I got it werking pretty good but golf is kinda like old cars, ya fix one thing and another thing breaks

46//43

My Cheby 2500 4X4 has the worst time with tail light blinkers, I've bought new sockets and replaced but about every 6 months I have to take the frigging thing apart and then it werks again. I wonder if Joe P's wife's horse trailer hauler is a Cheby

Clint, I hope your mom has a speedy recovery
Old August 27th, 2018, 09:31 PM

OK Jim, explain to the non golfer as to why you have batteries in your golf club. I mean, do you have a scope and crosshairs so's you kin hit it dead nuts er what?
Old August 28th, 2018, 01:57 AM

Dang back is killing me, up to take some Naproxen. Been raining like an s.o.b. for over an hour, flood advisories in effect. I guess that the near drought conditions are over. Jim, is that the Stevie Wonder Edition golf set that you have? ya know, it beeps so you can hit the ball.
Old August 28th, 2018, 02:31 AM

Mawn'in

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
OK Jim, explain to the non golfer as to why you have batteries in your golf club. I mean, do you have a scope and crosshairs so's you kin hit it dead nuts er what?
It doesn't really, It's jes an expression to mean my 3 wood isn't werking [meaning I can't hit the pos worth a hoot.] Next to the driver [which you hit off a tee,] the 3 wood has the least loft [on the face] which can make it difficult to hit the ball up in the air. I found out during my lesson, I was positioning the ball to far back in my stance, which was reducing the loft even more [making it even harder to get the ball in the air]

We do have braille signs on the doors of the men's room on the golf course so all the blind golfers won't go into the ladies room. I really do see why they just don't play at night

Gotta take Red to the vet and go buy another Cheby tail light socket.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 28th, 2018, 03:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Thanks for the well wishes. They dillyfarted around all day yesterday so mom goes under the exploratory knife today. She seemed is pretty good spirits yesterday so we'll see.

1" Wrench slipped yesterday while trying to collapse a brake caliper(twist in kind). Coldcocked myself right in the temple. Left a nice goose-egg but hasn't turned fun colors yet.

Over 90F yesterday, but gonna be 20F cooler today.

Have a day.
Old August 28th, 2018, 04:42 AM

Clint, I think they need safety warning labels on packaging [since they have it on everything else] "Don't put your hand under the mower when the blades are turning"

I mean really, why do the put eggs in Styrofoam and batteries sealed in hard plastic.

I just bought a new set of nut drivers that the holder was screwed togehter and had tiny tie locks holding the snaps to the case shut. While trying to cut the tiny tie locks loose, My Buck pocket knife slipped and stuck a nice hole in my thumb.

WARNING OPENING THIS PACKAGE CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HARM OR DEATH [ ALSO CAUSED CANCER IN EXPERIMENTS WITH MICE IN CALIFORNIA]
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:47 AM

Sounds like a good reason to me on the battery reference. I too hate those damn hard plastic sealed everything! Always seems that I'm going to tear my hand up trying to get them open. I usually end up grabbing the scissors.
Old August 28th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Busy day in the Wheel shop, Got our number easily today, because nothing broke. I wanted to go in early this morning but a friend of mine called and we talked till after 10. I wasn't going to work on less than 4 hours sleep. We'll try again for tomorrow.

Rained like a mother at the airport late this morning, but there was still clear sky around. Didn't look like it was raining south and sure enough, got home and no rain. Might do a little yard work this afternoon, don't have any errands to run.

Clint hope everything goes good today. Jamesbo hope Red isn't in discomfort. Tiger needs to go to the vet, he has funny spots on his underneath. The vet people get mad if I say he's got spots by his junk.

Nothing good at Summit last night. Didn't stay very long.

Need to make a quick trip to Houston this weekend. I was hoping Glenn was close by but I see that isn't the case. Eh, I'm only staying a couple hours. Not sure you'd believe what I was going to go look at. Well, maybe you might.

Okay see you all later have a good afternoon.
Old August 28th, 2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jamesbo hope Red isn't in discomfort. . Not sure you'd believe what I was going to go look at. .

Mike, Red's fine it was jes time for a check up to keep his drugs updated

Letme guess, A Sherman Tank
Old August 28th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

You're close, it's from the same era. Hope Red gets a clean bill of health.

Man I'm beat. For sure going to bed early, and possibly getting up early for overtime. Did get some trimming done in the yard.

Good night everyone.

PS Shermans go for over a million these days. That's a little more overtime than I care to think about.

Last edited by slantflat; August 28th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old August 28th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Everybody:
Not too much gone on today. I did my morning walk as usual. I carried Lucy with me yesterday and she was a little pooped when we got back so I gave her the morning off today. She will start back tomorrow. She did very good on the leash. She is such a great dog. I ordered some new scales today. They are made by Nokia and give your weight, body fat and pulse. There is an app to download to my iPhone that will track my history. Although I had good results from my physical last week I feel like I am pressing my luck. I have to get some weight off and get in better shape. I am even thinking about buying a fitbit.
Mike, I wish it was Dallas instead of Houston. I would pick you up at the airport and take you wherever you needed to go. Would be fun. You must be looking at a Jeep.
I ran a couple errands this afternoon that included filling the Expedition with gas and having it washed. My wife took it out yesterday and when she got home it had 14 miles to empty. This thing has a 30 gallon tank and I put over 29 gallons in it for a total of $72.65. I usually gas it up when it hits a quarter of a tank so I don't have sticker shock. The 14 miles to empty means it had a gallon left in it and that was almost on the money. That is about it for the day. Have a good one everybody.
Glenn
Old August 28th, 2018, 05:18 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All!! Or should I say howdy y'all? <br /><br />This new format is weird<br /><br />They are widening the main road and there were two track hoes clearing trees. Whelp they found Saul's Branch and somehow one is now a yellow submarine with an arm. Now there's four track hoes out there

Anywho I'll have to catch up later. I've been searching for something Dan brought to my attention for an hour or so and the better half is giving me the stink eye <br />
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Track Hoe 1.jpg (155.3 KB, 15 views)
Track Hoe 2.jpg (140.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by GAOldsman; August 28th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old August 28th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Scot! Good to see ya brother. I know what you're looking for but I think what you posted has it covered in the blue section. Those excavators look like they're in a world of hurt.
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:16 PM

Appreciate the W25 help Scot. The pic reminds me of what my dad told me while working on the Alaska Highway shortly after the war. They were using left over military equipment on the road, which at that time was timbers placed across the muskeg. Well, if any of the heavy equipment went of the road (like in your pic), they just left it to sink into oblivion, as they would had no luck pulling it out, too much suction. Day three of heavy rain continues as I type, we have had over 6" of the wet stuff since Sunday night, and 8" plus about 10 miles East of me. Trees down and a couple of roads washed out. My grass will certainly need cutting by this weekend, when it drys out for a couple of days. Allan, I gotta ask, what over the counter lotions n potions do you use on your back? I have been using Aspercreme, but it isn't enough lately.
Old August 29th, 2018, 03:13 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, Next guess M-38 A 1 [If ya need a matching trailer, I've got one] When I was in High school, some kids had a jeep with a fake {wooden] 50 cal mounted on the back.[a la Rat Patrol] it made for interesting cruising the burger joints

Maybe you'll have this kind of luck
https://www.coinworld.com/news/preci...hicle.all.html

Beats the hell out of a build sheet

Welcome back Scott, [ Y'all is correct] BTW In Alaska when you removed the top soil, the perma frost melts and it's history for any equipment. When the Army corps of Engineers was building the Alcan hwy, they found out the hard way

Off to NAPA to buy my 3rd tail light socket and a new plug, There may be a Gremlin in the drivers side tail light. Maybe I should burn some sage

Old August 29th, 2018, 03:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mom made it thru. they took a section of scarred intestine out. and her appendix while they were there. She's gonna be cranky. They figure about 5 days before she goes home.

Have a humpday.
Old August 29th, 2018, 04:30 AM

Good news Clint
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Anutter cool start to the day, last couple we've had nominal rain with scattered T-storms. It's enough to keep things green.

Jim - So did the batteries or lessons do ya any good on Monday? What was the outcome?

Dan - When it rains it pours it seems. For my back I use an OTC pill called Robaxisal Extra Strength. It seems to work - it's a muscle relaxant. I thnk that with equipment costing so much today, the option to pull those excavators out is worth it. They had an episode like that on the show "Highway Thru Hell". Took 2 days to get the excavator out. I couldn't help but wonder how much damage happened to the electrical and engine being submerged in muck and water.

Clint - Good to hear that your Mom is going to be fine. Cranky? Isn't that normal for wimmen?? Seriously though, I hope her convalescence is short and she's back to normal soon. I expect she's on a restricted diet till then.

Scot - You gonna stick around for a bit?

Happy humpday
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:32 AM

Clint, that's good news. Jim you're right on the perma frost. Allan, I saw that episode of HTH. Hmmm, muscle relaxants usually don't agree with me, tired and cranky the next day, more so than usual!
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, muscle relaxants usually don't agree with me, tired and cranky the next day, more so than usual!
WTH? You get PMS??
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:28 AM

WTH? You get PMS??
Ha ha. No, Primordial Man ****!
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:41 AM

Allan, I'd say 50% of my 3 wood shots are better, so yes, it helped
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

So what did you shoot? Was I even close?
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:52 AM

46/43 I posted it above, Ya musta been pre occupied looking for some Obscure part ,
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

The back 9 always seems to like you better.
Old August 29th, 2018, 11:09 AM

I haveta get these old muscles limber

I got my drivers side tail light repair A-GAIN. Napa c. 28 bucks for both ; [package with R and L socket] I was gonna buy a plug jes in case But they want 45 bucks for 1 POS plastic plug. I told the clerk, I'll wait and see if this werks Glad I didn't need it
Old August 29th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another busy day at work. I seem to be doing more and more and that's fine by me. Still no word on when that class is going to be. I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing.

Clint glad your Mom is going to be fine. I would be cranky too if I had to stay in the hospital 5 days. As an aside to that, I've never spent a night in a hospital. Hope that continues.

I thought we agreed some time ago not to discuss the water-closet type goings on.

Jamesbo glad you got the lights going. So are all the people driving behind you. Of course if someone bashes into you and says they didn't see your brake lights, you could always say they were working before they got bashed and they couldn't say otherwise.

Stopped at the vet and got some flea medicine for Tiger. Saw one of the little buggers crawling around on him. One pill costs 60 bucks but if it helps him it will be worth it. The last 3 month pill I gave him lasted well over a year.

Howdy Scot. Are you saying when the one track hoe fell in, the others rushed to help and now they are all in? Kind of like turkeys.

Glenn that would be fun. Not a Jeep. I'll tell you all when I get back. Though what's not fair is that I've been searching forever it seems for a 67 automobile with 06C on the data plate, and now that I found something else one of these cars shows up. It's a little closer, I'm going to go look at it, too. Now I don't know what to root for.

Okay gonna go work in the yard some more. Tiger is going to help. Hope everyone is well.
Old August 29th, 2018, 05:47 PM
"Car"mudgeon

It's me again Margaret

Hey Scot! Good to see ya brother. I know what you're looking for but I think what you posted has it covered in the blue section. Those excavators look like they're in a world of hurt.
It's good to be back Al. Yep they had the one sunk when I left for work.
Appreciate the W25 help Scot. The pic reminds me of what my dad told me while working on the Alaska Highway shortly after the war. They were using left over military equipment on the road, which at that time was timbers placed across the muskeg. Well, if any of the heavy equipment went of the road (like in your pic), they just left it to sink into oblivion, as they would had no luck pulling it out, too much suction.
You're quite welcome Dan and thank you for bringing the thread to my attention.
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Welcome back Scott, [ Y'all is correct] BTW In Alaska when you removed the top soil, the perma frost melts and it's history for any equipment. When the Army corps of Engineers was building the Alcan hwy, they found out the hard way
Tanks Jim Hopefully NAPA got you squared away.
Scot - You gonna stick around for a bit?
I'ma try me best Al
Howdy Scot. Are you saying when the one track hoe fell in, the others rushed to help and now they are all in? Kind of like turkeys.
Hey Mike. Yep pretty much.
Update:
As of day three morning = 2 - 0 Small Creek vs 4 excavators
day three evening = 2-2 Small Creek vs 4 excavators and 2 semi wreckers
Yay they got them out. The had to pull and not lift to break the vacuum.

I know it was accidental, but wouldn't the EPA have a few insults to injury to add to the bills?
Attached Images
Track Hoe 3.jpg (160.7 KB, 5 views)
Track Hoe 4.jpg (143.7 KB, 5 views)
Track Hoe 5.jpg (171.8 KB, 5 views)
Track Hoe 6.jpg (148.2 KB, 5 views)
Track Hoe 7.jpg (151.8 KB, 5 views)
Track Hoe 8.jpg (153.9 KB, 8 views)
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:34 AM

Mawn'in

Got a brief shower yesterday afternoon to settle the dust

Scot, Don't stay such a stranger

Headed to the big city to the dentist

Attached Images
bear drive.jpg (68.2 KB, 7 views)
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:
I think I missed out yesterday. I ran a couple errands and finally worked on cleaning the Sea Doos up. I used some Mequires Polishing Compound and a buffer with a new pad on it. Man that thing did a great job. I had worked on one of them with some rubbing compound and did it by hand. No comparison. The only thin is the new buffer pad is made from wool and leaves wooly buggers all over the garage. It was a little more work than I thought.
Mike, we had to do the $60 flea pill for both our dogs. It works quickly and effectively. In addition to the pill, we had to pay for the initial office visit for both dogs. With what I have spent on Lucy this year, I should get a Christmas card from the vet.
Scot, I think this is the first time you have posted since I joined this thread. That is and interesting ordeal with the excavators. I wonder what the bill was. Not cheap getting two wreckers that size out. I remember several years ago some kids managed to get a bulldozer started and drove it into the lake where we live. To get it out they had to close one side of the divided street and bring in a barge with some heavy equipment on it. I can't imagine what the bill was for that one but no doubt cheaper than the price of the bulldozer.
Allan, we are still having weather in the mid to upper 90's. I worked in the garage with my big wall mounted fan going. Still hot as hell though.
I just got back from taking my wife for her first back injection. This was a test one in the upper back to see if it is going to help. We go back in two weeks when she gets one in her lower back. Hopefully we will start making some progress on her back pain. I have a couple errands to run (post office and haircut) before I get back in the hot garage and finish the Sea Doos. Hope everybody has a good day.
Glenn
Old August 30th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Howdy everyone

Jim - That's hysterical.

Scot - Hey Streak! You still the fastest thang on 2 feet?? I enjoyed seeing those pics of Louise. Still planning to get her dolled up when ya get a chance?

Dan - Maybe trade in the Hyundai for a submarine? Or.... mebbe pick up those Sea Doos from Glenn

Glenn - Sorry to hear about your weather. It's been really cool and windy here with on and off showers going into our Labor Day weekend. Hopefully your Missus back pain does go down with that injection. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Clint - Do you get MAVTV? I caught a bit of their program today. Dirt bike hill climb in Eugene Oregon. Pretty wicked.

Neighbor dudes just got their lawn aerated. Pretty late in the season if you ask me. Fastest aerating I've ever seen - like that thing was on NO2. Not a good job but better than nothing I guess.

Didn't feel like going out for brekkie with the boyz this mawnin. Just as well as I don't feel great.
Old August 30th, 2018, 11:44 AM

Well Jim, my sister might have that delivery problem, but not me fortunately. Drying out today, sunny and mid 70's. Nice. Gonna whack some strange weeds/vegetation that has cropped up from all of the rain.
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Was my own man at work today. One of the other guys was gone so I sat at his desk and did my work. I still came up short because I can't sign for the contract wheels. We did good, though. My buddy who helps me is going to be gone tomorrow, so I'll really be on my own.

Glenn I tell the vet that they should name one of the exam rooms for me. I'd hate to think what I've spent there over the years. Sometimes I think they see me coming and price things accordingly, and other times they actually give me a break. Not a big one.

Beautiful here. Hot but not stifling. Might find something to do outside. I like this being home in the afternoon.

Does anyone know what 980 C means on a 67 Cutlass data plate? I can't seem to find it, nor any of the other codes I have. There's a guy in South Carolina selling a convertible with 06C on the data plate and he sent me what all was on it, except the paint code. It's white but I don't think it's original. None of the cars I've seen with 06C have had any paperwork, so I might just have to buy one and pretend it's the date I want. Too many things to go look at.

One time when I was on the highway I saw a bear in the air.

Okay gonna go do something. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:30 PM

980= black vinyl interior
C=Provincail white
06 C= 3rd week in June build date
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, C would be provincial white if it was listed as the PAINT code. But when the letter appears beside the TRIM it's different. In this case C is Strato Bucket Seat, according to Kurt Schubert. But you nailed the 980 as vinyl upholstery. 06C minor fine point = 3rd week of June 1967. A late production car for that year.
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:04 PM

I stand corrected, Thanks
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hm. The car currently has a bench seat in it, and the whole interior is puffy and the seats are pillow tops. Not sure what someone was thinking.

Don't know how easy it would be to de-funkify it. The outside is a bright white, like what Chevy paints the Work Trucks. Even though this is an 06C car I might have to move along.
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Obviously not the original stuff. Someones custom ride. Carpet looks good though. It's got Chebby side mirrors on both sides.
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:43 PM

A Legendary kit to do the entire interior would probably be $2k plus. I just did a quick check @ Legendary. Front door panels, rear side panels, front bench w/arm rest and rear seat covers: Just over a grand. Cheaper than I thought. Of course add the cost of an upholstery shop.

Last edited by 1969w3155; August 30th, 2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Even though this is an 06C car I might have to move along.
If 06C is your target, might be worth checking more details on the car. I guess it really depends on how firm you are on sticking to that date build code. There are tons of cars out there that would be excellent purchases in the right model year.