The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2017, 04:45 AM

Good day.

Ice-fishing round #1 was success 5,5 hours at ice + drives, and two smallish fishes € to weight-ratio is pretty high currently
Still +16" of ice on lake where i live.

Tomorrow ill drive to grandparents summer-cottage for few days to ice-fish. Why there? Because i know where to get fish there

Bee-Oh-Pee - Wow, they certainly mark their ground. Nice mess. Never seen an true wild-pig at nature.

Oh well, sauna is soon warm, after that some lovely chicken-soup.

Have a good week everyone.

Last edited by Inline; March 13th, 2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old March 13th, 2017, 04:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not even 40 out, and some wind. Not sure why winter has to linger on. Jamesbo I'm out of dry firewood so the stove is idle.

Not much else going on. We're off to the Awful house and then maybe work on the fence. As long as it doesn't rain(I don't think it's supposed to) I can get out my parka to work in.

Have a good Monday everyone.
Old March 13th, 2017, 06:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, No. Noone has applied. we'll just keep plugging along.

John. Looks like a great place for a walk.

Raced hard yesterday, the missus did well. theres gonna be lots of noises getting up and down on the creeper today. We lost a racer yesterday. They are guessing heart attack or aneurysm. That was rough to watch.

Have a Monday.
Old March 13th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Captain Starfire

'Nudder muggy dank one in swamp.

Gee, Clint. Sounds quite awful to have something like that happen. Sorry you had to witness, as well.

Inline, if that was a success, I'd hate to hear of a failure. Better luck next time.

Mike, how the leg(s) feeling?

Thanks, Dan. Re: the truffles, maybe I should try to start up the Truffle Co. of Ponchatoula???!

Re: the video, he he! Funny, 'cuz watching it, you can't help but try to put yourself in his frame of mind -- and I didn't like it one bit.

I spoke with Gene this morning... doen't sound as if he's doing all that great; but he still wants me to go to (Dan's) Olds meet in Lansing in June. I'm going to have to make a decision soon.

Whelpt, let me go watch another episode of Forensic Files w/ Better Half and let the pork roast digest.

Have a great evening, Olds pals.
Old March 13th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Always room for one more

John the leg is doing fine, thanks. A couple more days of medicine and I should be good as new.

I need some dog psychiatry. Had Tiger in the car yesterday and a neighbor whom he's never seen comes up to the window and Tiger goes ballistic. I thought, eh, no one else likes this guy. Today, another neighbor comes to the door and Tiger tries to take his head off. This guy has been here previously and everything was fine. What gives with the sudden change in attitude? I blame it all on the first guy yesterday.

Clint that's too bad about the racer. There must be someone in the area that would be a good fit for your place.

Got pretty much everything together for my trip. One bag and one carry on and both will be loaded up. Coming home won't be so bad.

Trying to dry out some firewood with an enormous amount of scrap paper. Trouble is, by the time the wood is dry, it's choked out by all the ash created by the paper. Sheesh.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old March 14th, 2017, 06:22 AM

Mawn'in

Dank [ Inline that's cold and wet] lousy day:

Inline, I think you'd love today's weather

Mike, I go with tiger's instincts . I had a black lab [ non pc name] Tar Baby That would rip the door panel of the inside of a C-20 I used to have anytime this one fella got near him.

Sho nuff, the guy was as crooked as John's former wall builder

John, I hate to brake it to ya but jes cause you got piney woods rooters digging around don't mean ya got truffles. Course you could always catch them one at a time and put a ring in their noses. That'll stop them from rooting

Clint, I don't know what ta say, Maybe you're destine to be a one man band.

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Course you could always catch them one at a time and put a ring in their noses.
That sounds like a good idea. John rassel's wild pigs while we sit on the veranda sipping cold ones and being entertained. We'll impose a fair scoring system for both John and the pigs!
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

A quick hi-good bye as I'm about ready to hit the road, so to speak. Got Tiger in jail, everything is packed, and the house and cars as secure as possible.

I've helped ring hogs' noses, you can hear them for a country mile. The farmer said it doesn't hurt them, but I would disagree.

And now, Down Under. I have a good time while I'm there but this sure is a tough trip. My internet availability is limited so I probably won't get to check in. So everyone have a good week and I'll see you when I get back.
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

I've helped ring hogs' noses, you can hear them for a country mile.
Problem solved and help on board

Next, I'll werk on helping out Clint
Old March 15th, 2017, 05:07 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Just a quick check in... Gotta go to the Grocery store this morning before werk.

Have a Humpday all.
Old March 15th, 2017, 06:17 AM

Mawn'in

Cold as a well digger's shovel down here

Clint, Hope ya get a Big bag of grits at de stow

As usual, I'm a mite confused. Did Mike go to Australia again.

London, When I get time, I'm gonna write a tome about my on going war with the horse stable behind my cemetery. I keep trying to get the city to make them stop piling up horse poop next to my rear fence line. Yesterday one of the cities brighter code enforcement morons said, "It doesn't smell and they are selling compost. " To which I replied. a] It doesn't smell now cause it's 27 degrees and b] No one uses green manure as compost" But I learned along time ago not to argue with bureaucrats, so, I called 2 council members I know pretty well. Maybe that will get the $hit moved

End of rant

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 15th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Cool in da' Swamp... got down to about 40 last nite, and not spose to break into the 60s today. Good day to patch up turf and fill road holes.

Maybe we should starting counting Mike's cars for Board entertainment. (Just kidding, Mike!) Jamesbo & Dan, if it ain't one thing, it's another. It's either frozen horse turds, ravenous wild boar, or thieving no-load masons. Whatcha' gonna' do?

Have a safe trip, Mike.

Y'all have a great one, Olds buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 15th, 2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:21 PM

Good Morning.

Was a nice trip to summer cottage. Tho no fish. Boy was there alot of snow! At best i was crambling on waist deep snow, and at minimum it was knee-deep. Doh.

Jamesbo - Good luck with your sh*twar! Sounds like a bunch of jerks, your lovely neighborhoughs.

Well, its thursday, friends are coming to stay overnight. Some sauna, some more beer.. Perfect way to meet
Its been so warm that snow has been melting on eyes. Few more days and there where i live and souther aint any snow. Work should start soon!! Wohoo.
And maybe i go get my Cutlass next week back to home. Should drive in those new gears.

Have a good day everyone!
Old March 16th, 2017, 05:41 AM

Mawn'in

Still cold as a mother down here [Inline relatively speaking]

After a few months of trying to get the city to help, I can kind of understand the way folks used to do it.

Just burn down the barn

Better STFU

Old March 16th, 2017, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Still cold as a mother down here [Inline relatively speaking]

After a few months of trying to get the city to help, I can kind of understand the way folks used to do it.

Just burn down the barn

Better STFU

Funny, earlier i was going to suggest the exact same thing ( burn the barn! )
but i thought to keep it on my own

Here is really warm day, hot as in... hotlanta? Almost all 43F's. Its t-shirt time!
No jokes, it feels really warm outside
Old March 17th, 2017, 05:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, hope it warms up a bit. We've been in the 70's this week, so a warm up should be headed east.

Mike, enjoy the wrong way swirling toilets.

Have a Friday all.
Old March 17th, 2017, 05:39 AM

Happy St Patrick's day Olds friends

May the wind at your back not be from the corn beef and cabbage you had for lunch
Old March 17th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Captain Starfire

Happy St. Paddy's Day... I didn't brush my teeth this morning to be sure I'd be showing green all day.

Y'all have a great Friday, Olds pals.
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:46 AM

Mawn'in

Elise's here with a vengeance

Since I'm a "recovering Presbyterian" I usually give up something near and dear to me for Lint. This year it was Pork.

I think I may be getting the DT's for a slice of bacon.

Already got my Easter menu planned out with lots of Ham

Sitting here trying to decide if I want to fight the monsoons and head norte

I'll report back

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old March 18th, 2017, 05:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin, all...

Gee, and our guy is supposed to finish the walls & stairs today... sounds like he'll be building an arc instead...

Got the new laptop for better half yesterday... so far, so good... it takes days to get these things (Win 10) the way you want 'em. The ap-cray they put on them is beyond telling. Not to disappoint, MS has provided the usual hip-boot-worthy morass of asininity to trudge thru. Actually, I found the update from XP to Win 7 (which I just did a couple years ago) to be fairly straightforward and relatively intuitive. Not so with this one.

Have a safe trip, Jamesbo.

Home Big Mike made it safely to the other side of the world.

What up in da' Rocky Mountain State? (Makes me want to hear some vintage Joe Walsh.)

Y'all have a great weekend, Olds buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 18th, 2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:45 AM

Good evening.

Friends left. Two days of booze, hours after hours at sauna, and really much time ice-fishing. It was success. 4 fishes total, noone of them even near to be big enough to eat them Oh yeah, and one melted jacket and pants when we dried them near wooden stove. They happened to be gore-tex clothes, so same time normal clothes were fine near the fire, those decided to melt Was friends. Good laughs

All in all, great great time.

Now to drink some wine with fiancee and watch another movie. Have a good saturday everyone.
Old March 19th, 2017, 12:15 AM

Good Morning.

Sunday. One week closer to summer. Snowed some during night, but it melts today so no damage was done.
Btw, here we dont celebrate St.Patricks day. Ive just heard about it, and watched all the parodies of little green mens.

Bee-Oh-Pee - No way, almost ready ??? Your new guy is too fast. Tell him to slow down, maybe come back at autumn to take a long look for whats left to do

Have a great day everyone. Im just gonna relax at soffa.
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:58 AM

Elsie left and it turned out to be a bluebird day in the mountains

John, He may have just gotten a late start

Old March 19th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, folks... muggy & mild in da' swamp, with a trace of fog this mornin'.

Just so you's guys aren't TOO jealous of me, he didn't finish the walls yesterday.... he said the weather didn't cooperate, which is fine by me. Since we've been pharting with this since last July, another day or 3 ain't nuttin'. He did fill a dip in our road, but alas, he said when he went to drive in the rebar, it went about 5" under and just fell through! Ugghhh.... Dan, help! LOL No wonder it keeps sinking. Lord only knows what kind of cavern's under that surface.

Whelpt, have a great Sunday, Olds friends.
Old March 19th, 2017, 12:15 PM

John, I'm a mite confused [as usual] why is he putting rebar in the road.
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Captain Starfire

he was going to pound a couple straight pieces into the asphalt (in the dip) to hold the concrete patch on top. Don't think it worked out as planned....
Old March 19th, 2017, 09:24 PM

Uh oh, sink hole alert! I'm not so sure that I would drive down your drive way if the rebar disappeared into Hades.
Old March 19th, 2017, 11:37 PM

Good Morning.

Wtf, few inches of snow during night???? Just when it was almost melted. AAAARGGGHHHHH!

Have a good week everyone.
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:38 AM

I'm betting the dip in the drive is there for a reason, maybe a piece of pipe under it

Anywho

GTG

Whitey awaits smacking

Old March 20th, 2017, 07:00 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dog tired this morning.

Celebrating 24 years of wedded bliss.

Have a Day.
Old March 20th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... seems to be a nice day in da' Swamp ... although I'd shave about 15 points off the humidity if I were a perfectionist....

Happy Anniversary, Clint! Hope you catch up on your rest one of these years.

Don't know what's under there, Jamesbo, but I always assumed it was some sort of buried roots or organic debris that rotted. We all have septic systems, and as long as we all have adequate water pressure (and no outrageous bills), we'll prolly just keep pouring concrete on top of it.

Dan, the way I figger, a heavy truck will be the one to go down first.

Today's the (second) day the walls are spose to be done. We shall see!

Mike must be cuttin' up Down Under with his Mopar buddies.

Hope the new white stuff becomes clear stuff real quick, Inline.

Have a fab Monday, Olds pals.
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:18 AM

Congrats Clint.
Old March 20th, 2017, 10:39 AM

Evenings.

CQR - Congratulations. Youve been one year less married than ive lived Thats something to consider from my side. Thats a looooong time to be married.

Bee-Oh-Pee - Most of it melted today. Still some of the new stuff on the ground, but just for the colour.

Well, lumberjack visited today, now i have 5 huge birches and 1 even bigger pine on the ground. Did work whole day, but theres plenty left for coming days. Had to stop when darkness came. Father-in-law comes tomorrow too to help with them, woodwork is like best thing to do he knows, and hes been almost for a year always asking when are we going to cut those trees down, so he can come to do some woodwork.
Great to have such an helpful father-in-law.

Now, beer-time!!
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:07 PM

Congrats Clint, I got cha beat [if ya add all 3 of mine together]

Inline, I won't post the lumberjack song again
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Sounds like you were on the "lease to own" plan. I've kept the same Jalopy for a long time. Still don't know how she's put up with me for so long. We went down to Denver last night for some oysters and had some really good chowder. The food there is Fantastic for the little hole in the wall place it is. But is doesn't come cheap flying those critters to the desert.

Inline, I didn't realize you were so young.

John, I sleep much better with our new bed, but I sure would be ok with about a week or 2 of rest. But life goes on so I guess I'll rest when I'm dead.

Have a Day!
Old March 21st, 2017, 05:13 AM

Clint, If it flies, floats or fornicates, you're better off renting

Grass cutting day before Elsie returns

Old March 21st, 2017, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little while ago. Got to the kennel with one minute to spare so Tiger is home with me tonight, and I bet we both sleep really good.

Had a great time with my friends. Saw a few cars I hadn't seen before, drove down the coast a little ways to where rich people live and had a nice lunch. Long trip there, long trip home. Glad I went.

I'll do some catching up later. Happy Anniversary Clint. Hope everyone has been well.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:08 AM

Good day.

3rd day going on woodwork. Father-in-law just left. Still PLENTY to do, but on good pace- all should be done before april.

CQR - Only 42 years to retirement anymore

slantflat - Welcome back

Just started raining i see. Seems like we stopped working to make some food at good time.

Have a good wednesday everyone!
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Thunder boomers came thu last nite, Gotta go pick up $hit floating around in the yard

Mike, Me and Tiger are glad you're home safely. He coulda come stayed with us. The super model has some very tasty cats

Yep day lights burning an the place is a mess

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:57 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Mike, WB!

Inline, 42? I have to work until noon n the day of my Funeral. I have asked for the afternoon off.

Have a humpday all.