The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2016, 04:01 AM

Well as usual, I get to de hills and get a call from a family, Looks like Monday we're gonna have 2 funerals

Gotta beat feet back home and help them pick out a space
Old October 2nd, 2016, 08:04 AM

My condolences..
Old October 2nd, 2016, 10:20 AM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone, another overcast day and around 60. This makes for 5 days in a row of rain and clouds and cold weather, yuk. Anyway, went to church and now going to play tennis for a few hours. That'll probably be the rest of my day.

Jamesbo - my condolences to your family.

Inline - I understand how you feel, I don't like shows with lots of Japanese cars either.

John - hope you made the time to ride the Yamaha. I always find that everything always gets in the way of funtime.

Clint- the distributor gear was the first thing I checked when I removed it and it looked fine. I wish that was my problem, could have had that fixed in 15 minutes. Oh well. He ordered a roller Cloyes chain through Summit and I'll try to tackle that later this week. How did the race go? Hope you had fun.

Enjoy Sunday and some football, talk to y'all later.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 03:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Thought I'd get the Monday worm. Especially since I missed yesterday. Got up with the dogs at 4 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So I've been enjoying my favorite pastime, looking at craigslist.

Plenty to do today. Hm, I always say that and not much gets done. Eh, if it really needs to get done it will. Summit cruise in tonight, my neighbor threatens to go, we'll see.

Well have a good day everyone, hope your week starts out good.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in

Well tis Monday so I'm gonna try to get 18 holes in before werk

"What we have ere is...........failure to communictae"

Guys, I own a cemetery http://www.miltonfieldsgeorgia.com/

When I say, I've gotta meet with a family, it's not mine. I'm jes helping them make aarrangements

Get it Got it Good

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 3rd, 2016, 05:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The wife and I had a good time yesterday but we busted ourselves up too. So lots of groaning going on for the next few days.

Have a Monday all.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 07:36 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all.... Looks like anudder nice one today, in a long string of nice ones.
Could be the nicest weather of the year here in da' swamp. I have been managing to get outside a bit, believe it or not.

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
John - hope you made the time to ride the Yamaha. I always find that everything always gets in the way of funtime.
Enjoy Sunday and some football, talk to y'all later.
Darrell, no Yammie over the weekend (or in the last month, in fact). You're so right about fun stuff being shelved these days in favor of the "get'er done" stuff. But maybe today I'll take it out?

Speaking of football, can anybody suggest a part of the anatomy from which the Saints pulled out that victory? They did have the audacity to "take" the win after it was handed to them on a platter by the Chargers. But hey, we've been on the other side of that table more times than my feeble brain cares to recall. So maybe it's the law of averages. But I know the folks in San Diego are mighty pi$$ed today after losing another in the 4th quarter. Honestly, I had thrown in the chips on the game when Drew threw his 2nd interception.

Mike, I've actually begun working on the SF again; not getting a whole lotta' stuff done, but at least I've taken the plunge and am getting a little momentum. That's the hardest part, IMHO.

I'll tell ya', getting off control arm bushings on cars with pivot shafts top & bottom is a royal PITA. But I managed to get the ball joints & bushings from the bottom arms yesterday. Today I'll resume with the uppers, which will require drilling rivets. Clint, HELP! But hope you didn't muss yourselves up too bad.

Jamesbo, nice looking web site... No wonder you're getting all dem calls....

Whelpt, lemme at 'er... Y'all have a great one, Olds amigos.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 3rd, 2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old October 4th, 2016, 04:08 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Today should be the day we are the most sore. then things will start to get better.

Looks like fall is in full swing. was windy yesterday. lots of leaves falling now. I haven't heard if the painter is a go for this weekend.

Have a Tuesday
Old October 4th, 2016, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

One of the advantages [or disadvantages] of owning a cemetery is the endless "industry " junk e-mails you get every day. I knew it wouldn't be long before someone did it. Behold the Tesla Hearse. so if we load it up and put this puppy on auto pilot down the interstate ...................... better not go there.

Let's not try to think about it

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old October 4th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... 'Nudder bluebird in da' swamp.

Jamesbo, the Herman Munster would swoon...

Clint, you need Inline's sauna today.

Better half & I goin' to see the new grand-niece today in Destrehan.

Have a great one, Olds pals.
Old October 4th, 2016, 07:15 AM

Morning people.

I seem to be decently recovered from my inner ear congestion thing. Lots of Claritin and some dizziness pills helped. Been off that stuff for most of a week and seem pretty ok. Hydration helps.

Into the last yard mow of the season. I had hit just the front yard a couple weeks ago, but the back yard had been a month and was about 6 inches tall. Mowed it and ran right out of daylight last evening, and I will get the side and front yards this week.

I have my Chevrolet in the main garage, so I have been removing crap from my back garage of the previous owner up from the rafters. A whole wooden garage door, siding, other misc BS, some Ford wheel covers, and a huge double paned 80 lb window to match the side windows in the garage. Can't use it as it's obsolete and showing its age, and I did NOT want to haul that thing down over my shoulder and have it break on me, so I levered it out onto the roof's rafters and threw things at it until I shattered both tempered panes. Now I have a mess to sweep up, but at least the frame will be 10% of its original weight and will be able to be tossed down.
Old October 4th, 2016, 07:28 AM

That is one ugly hearse.
Old October 4th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got back from the junkyard. When I first started going there years ago the cars were well older relative to the time period, and there were few "late model" offerings. Always four or five VW vans, Bugs, etc, lots of G vans, plenty of Slant 6 stuff. I haven't seen a VW van, Bug or Slant 6 anything in the junkyard now for years. Most of the cars are within 10 years and the old stuff is from the 90s. I did find 14 cents.

Jamesbo are you saying that Tesla is autonomous? Heck if there were autonomous backhoes you'd be out of a job.

Koda glad you're feeling better. I too am finishing up mowing for the season. Then I'll take some time and trim everything real good and get it nice for the winter. We don't get tons of snow to cover it all up but once it's done, it's done for awhile.

So this guy in Florida is giving away a 66 88 and I told him I wanted it. Well, I'm trying to plan a trip down there and I got to thinking, what am I going to do with this thing? He said it drove a few years ago, but I'm guessing now it needs everything, and it does have a lot of rust. I hate to tell him I don't want it after I said I did, but geez, I don't think I could even part it out. Someone go look at the pictures in the For Sale section(the ad is a couple weeks old) and advise me.

Gonna go fight with a BBC this afternoon. Whatever stooge designed that fuel pump needs a kick in the pants. Last day off and it's nice out. Have a good one everyone.
Old October 5th, 2016, 03:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Trying to upgrade my modem and cable box. seems my stuff was so old, it isn't going to be supported anymore.

Had a frost warning last night, but we came in just above freezing.

Have a humpday all.
Old October 5th, 2016, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Clint, I had a frost warning too [from de super model]

Geeze Louise, I got de drier fixed and now have clean undies.What's a fella spose to do

Oh well,

Have a GREAT days Olds friends
Old October 5th, 2016, 05:41 AM

Afternoon all.

Another pleasant day in sunny London although a bit windy. You can feel Autumn is creeping in as it's getting chilly in the morning and evening. Suppose it's the time of year to get my boiler serviced.

Just taken my ipad to have a new screen after the wife dropped it on the floor, £99 for a new one, that's coming out of her housekeeping for sure.

Still doing loads of decorating at home, finished one bedroom and the end suite and getting ready for the next one.

Tesla hearse, hmm not for me thanks. Can't beat a good old fashioned Rolls Royce. Mind you I live quite close to a huge cemetery and the method of choice at the moment is a pair of black horses. Nice but they do make a lot of mess.

Off to Tenerife weekend after next to help sort the mother in laws estate. Should be easy, a 50/50 split between wife and her brother but he can be a bit of a pain in the butt so we shall see.

Have a great week.
Old October 5th, 2016, 07:01 AM

London, FWIW, the Green cemetery movement was started in Jolly ole England. The 1st one in the U.S. was built by a Dr. with a British wife. When I opened mine there were 16 in the country, now there a over 100
Old October 5th, 2016, 08:16 AM

Jamesbo, Mike, and Scot, looks like Hurricane Mathew is going to give you guys a bit of nasty weather. Better batten down the hatches. Stay safe.
Old October 5th, 2016, 08:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Had a busy work day today, my boss worked with me and I didn't get home until late. At least I got the lawn mowed and finished just in time for the Mets game. Unfortunately, they lost it in the 9th inning. Very disappointing.

Did any of you watch the VP debate last night? Without getting political, I have to say I really hate it when people try to talk over others. Very annoying, like most politicians.

Keeping an eye on Matthew, hope it doesn't hit any of you and just stays out to sea.

Jamesbo - that is one ugly hearse!

Mike - I'm going to say that car needs a lot of work and unless you have the time and money to fix it, I would tell him you need to pass.

Clint - its too early to talk about frost! I'm not ready for the upcoming crappy cold weather. BTW, the timing chain got shipped to me today, hope to maybe get it in on Friday. I'll take a picture of the cover off before I remove it.

Well, that's it for now, hope you all have a good night.
Old October 6th, 2016, 05:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, It don't take me long to examine a hot horse shoe. I get the message dat y'all aren't crazy about the latest and greatest hearses

So far I don't think the hurricane is gonna affect us. I wonder how ole Jeffery is doing down in Miami. He went thru a terrible time with his job etc

Been really busy around the ole cemetery lately, Maybe it's catching on

Mike, A lady brought me sum ashes to scatter yesterday and said when her dad passed his dog went into a funk. According to her, Dogs understand death but not abandonment.She asked the funeral home if she could bring her dad's dog into say good bye to her dad. They said Ok. She took the dog there an after licking his master goodbye seemed to be fine. I never knew that about dogs

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old October 6th, 2016, 05:44 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Looks like Matthew is bigger than I thought. I usually don't pay much attention since i'm so far inland, but I assume this wet stuff falling from the sky is from that nasty dude.

Seriously, it's been a long time since we've had rain. We can sure use it.

Have a day.
Old October 6th, 2016, 05:57 AM

Here ya go Clint
http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016...from-yuma.html
Old October 7th, 2016, 04:13 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo. What a story. I thought those old Panels were pretty cool. I'd like an old Carry-all one of these days.

Hope everyone is surviving the humidity down yonder. I haven't heard from some Fl. FB friends this morning.

Darrell, I think it's too early too. but woke up with frozen windshields again this morning.

Have a great Weekend all.
Old October 7th, 2016, 05:39 AM

Clint, Glad cha liked it. IMHO a Carryall needs a few more doors

Mike, question?

CNN says they're closing Awful houses in Florida due to de storm. HTF do you close an Awful House w/o a key

John, Enjoy de Redneck Riviera

And Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old October 7th, 2016, 07:45 AM

Good friday evening. Wifey just woke me up from naps. Now shes heating sauna for us. Wonderful women.

Who mentioned frost? Been now three mornings where temperature was under zero celsius. Cooooooold. Should be time to quit working ( hoping it happens soon, but probably still ~2 months left)
Long week at work, 81 hours for 5 days. Not bad. But it shows- feels like a complete week has been shaved off.

Jamesbo- That Hearse looks terrible. There MUST be better way to get on your last trip..

Well, have a great weekend everyone. Im soon off to sauna.
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:06 AM

Jamesbo, that Indy 500 story was petty cool, as were his vehicles, glad to see that they saved the panel truck with all of it's adornments.
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Thanks, Jamesbo

Folks, it's rough, but somebody's gotta' do it....
Here was the view from our balcony yesterday evening when we arrived in Destin.
Clint, I agree: WAY too early for frost. Don't know what we're liable to find when Waldo makes it to N. MI next week...

Have a great Friday & weekend, folks.
Old October 7th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sorry for my absence the last couple days. My boy died Wednesday morning. He was in some sort of distress in the early hours, so we went to the all night vet. They took xrays and it showed he had cancerous tumors in his lungs. He started getting sick while we were there and it kept getting worse. We then went to our regular vet and she told us it was so bad, they couldn't do anything at all. So we decided to end things right then instead of giving him medicine and waiting two days tops for the inevitable. This doctor took care of my other boy years ago so I've known her a long time, and the look on her face told the whole story before she even said the first word. I sort of wasn't believing the first doctor; it certainly wasn't what I was expecting when we left the house.

So I stayed home from work the past two nights. Hung around the house for two days but there's no real reason for me not to go back to work. I told my girl whether we like it or not, things were going to go back to normal. It will be a new normal but we had to get back with it. She's not doing too well herself.

So work tonight. I'll do some catching up later on. Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays away from the hurricane.
Old October 7th, 2016, 04:05 PM
CQR

Mike, I'm so sorry. may you find some peace with your girl while you mourn.
Old October 7th, 2016, 06:26 PM
GM Enthusiast

Mike - I'm so sorry to hear that. I know unfortunately how bad that feels when I had to put my dog to sleep in January. You did the right thing, he's no longer suffering and is in a much better place. It sounds like he was pretty good all the way up to the end.
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:51 PM

Mike, I am sorry for your loss, our pets are such a big part of our lives and it is always difficult to lose one. My condolences.
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:41 AM

Good Morning.

Sorry about your friend Mike. It aint easy..

Woked up when a little bird was smashing our bedroom window like a madman with his nose. Weird. Going to do just a little things today, and just rest. Same goes for tomorrow. Atleast i hope so.

Have a good saturday everyone.
Old October 8th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Captain Starfire

Mike, better half & I are so sorry for the loss of your boy -- we know what those two meant to you. You absolutely made the right call.
Old October 8th, 2016, 11:02 AM

Mike,

Sparky [along with my crowd] is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge

I've got a few years on you, so I'll rub him good behind the ears if I meet up with him before you do

https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks everyone. This means a lot to me. My boy was taken from me so quick I don't even know what to think. We were busy at work last night so it kept my mind off things. Didn't sleep too well today. I kept waking up wondering why I haven't been woke up. Jamesbo he always seemed to know to what degree I liked someone. His favorite is under his chin...

Nice, nice day here. A bit windy for my liking, but not too hot. Haven't seen what the storm is doing yet today, my friends in Florida seemed to come through okay. I have some friends in North Carolina that may or may not be in the path, we'll see.

So Friday tonight. I took next Wednesday off to go get that car, but I'm not going to go. I'll still keep Wednesday off and maybe catch up around the place. Well, we all know how that goes.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old October 8th, 2016, 07:43 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Well, I finally made it to fall Hershey this year. I don't know if all of you are familiar with it, but the swap meet is during the week and the car show is on Saturday. I brought everyone with me and we couldn't leave until this morning due to the wife and kids school schedules. Been trying to get here for the last four years and it always seemed like something was getting in the way. It rained on and off here so the show wasn't as big as I had hoped, many people either left or covered their cars so you really couldn't see them. Oh well, there's always next year.

Have a good night all.
Old October 8th, 2016, 10:48 PM

Good sunday Morning everyone.

Cold. Electric bills are soon going to snowball through the roof, when heating 70-year old house build from wood. Gah...

Will be resting this day also. Not going to do much.

OLD SKL 69 - Ive sometimes heard about Hershey from here and there.

Have a nice day everyone
Old October 9th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Worked on 9 planes and out the door by 215. Now that's a good Friday. Hopefully my buddy got out soon afterward.

Beautiful out. The wind has died down and it's bright and sunny. A bit crisp.

Not much else. Plenty to do. One of these days I might have a little fun instead of worrying about chores.

Good Sunday to you all.
Old October 9th, 2016, 07:30 AM

Greetings from de hills

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Olds friends
Old October 9th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Greetings from da' swamp.. won't be here long! Seems weird w/no Saints playing today. Had a swell time in Destin; did Cracker Barrel in Pensacola and it was the best we ever had... very nice way to cap off the little trip.

Hope Matthew didn't mess up things too bad for anybody.

Darrell, Hershey is a lifelong ambition of mine. One of these years.

Saw a lot of the Cruisin' the Coast cars both going Thursday and coming home this morning. Can't imagine a nicer weekend on the Gulf Coast. Today it's about 75 with low humidity. Lot's to enjoy...

Also watched a lot of the Mecum Auction from this weekend on NBCSN, since we had decent cable in the hotel room. A '72 GS Stage1 couple (sure looked sweet) went for $29,900. If only.... Oh well, skip it.

Y'all have a great rest o'weekend, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 9th, 2016 at 12:11 PM.