The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2021, 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Ideally & according to instructions, the test should be taken twice with an interval of 36 hrs. between the two tests. Each pkg contains x2 tests. If you've nothing going on, I'd suggest you take one test tonight.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 04:25 PM
Running On Empty

BinaxNOW COVID-19 Self-Test at Home Kit offers rapid results in the convenience of your home. A simple solution for COVID-19 infection detection, this 15-minute test can be completed anytime, anywhere. Simply test yourself twice within 3 days, with at least 36 hours between tests
SOURCE: https://www.fda.gov/media/147254/download
SOURCE: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/bi...414527-product
Old December 24th, 2021, 01:13 AM

My wife is the baby of 9 [Irish Catholic] Their family tradition is to have a family Christmas party every Christmas eve

It looks like someone invited the cast of Spartacus

Thankfully someone had a flash of sanity and cancelled. I'm celebrating by breaking out the champagne at home

Merry Christmas Olds friends
Old December 24th, 2021, 03:14 AM
Running On Empty

35°F currently, tee-time @ 8:38 am, temperature @ tee-time ~45°F rising to 61°F throughout the day - wind mild ~3 mph

James - Good idea.
Old December 24th, 2021, 04:31 AM

Six inches yesterday, sposta get warm and rain today and snow be all gone. Santa may have to put his wheels on for trip tonight. Hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Old December 24th, 2021, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
35°F currently, tee-time @ 8:38 am, temperature @ tee-time ~45°F rising to 61°F throughout the day - wind mild ~3 mph

James - Good idea.

Norm, I thought you were on the DL
Old December 24th, 2021, 07:13 AM

Good morning guys,

Norm, thanks for the heads up about the 2 tests, but unfortunately I did not see it until this morning. Everything that I had read was to be tested in the window of 3 to 5-days of exposure, which we are, so that max viral load would be present for testing. Neither one of us has had any fever (checking a couple times a day), or any other symptoms since exposure, so at this point we both doubt we have it, but we will take 1 test this afternoon and it will have to suffice. It will not be a big get together, just my girls and their families, and my youngest daughter's in-laws, and everyone is vaccinated and boosted.

I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!
Old December 24th, 2021, 08:16 AM

While others shop, play golf, travel, or get tested I'm playing with the trailer. The box is on the way so I moved the Jerry can to the side and cut the bracket for the box

Old December 24th, 2021, 08:35 AM

You’ve been busy.

You’ve been busy.

You’ve been busy.
Old December 24th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Had a nice trip yesterday. Good weather, minimal people on the road. The gas stations weren't mobbed. I'm guessing the trip home on Sunday will be the exact opposite.

Jamesbo is this the trailer you're giving me? Thanks for doing all that work to it

Some kind of dinner at my sister's tonight then a game she thinks is hilarious that I think is dumb. Then dinner at my niece's house tomorrow and that will be nice.

Merry Christmas everyone. It's beautiful here today. Santa will need radials for the sleigh tonight, no snow anywhere!

Old December 24th, 2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

Jamesbo is this the trailer you're giving me? Thanks for doing all that work to it
!
I wish you had gotten it, It could have save me $$ and more [if I have ta buy a Jeep
Old December 24th, 2021, 10:38 AM

My sister and brother-in-law drove in from Kansas City and brought me this for Christmas.

I thought this picture on the bottom of the box was quite humorous.

Old December 24th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Running On Empty

James - I am on the DL - sorta. I've been rotating daily a couple times/day between cold/hot packs for the right elbow & deliberately attempting to remain more still than normal on the irons. It "appears" to be working, I'll get back to the routine again today of cold/hot packs and continue moving forward. I'm most likely aggravating it - I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and I hate being kept down from this game. I am most likely not making the best decision & I realize this.

Old December 24th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
I thought this picture on the bottom of the box was quite humorous.
Funny & clever.
Old December 24th, 2021, 01:15 PM

Greg, 6"? just a dusting down here. The beer looks good. Merry Christmas everyone, be safe.
Old December 24th, 2021, 01:56 PM

Hi guys,

Wife and I both tested negative, which is what I expected. Neither of us has had a fever or any other symptoms all week.

Merry Christmas to all, again!!!
Old December 24th, 2021, 06:55 PM

16 hours in today. Went from a conveyor in not a good set condition, to stripping it down, salvaging what we wanted, then calling in the guys with the big demo equipment. Ended with a big space from the semi truck dock lock back to the other conveyors we'll be hooking to.

I had a time lapse camera running, hopefully I got gnarly clips. They're standing the lifter of the new one tonight, and hopefully we can have all the conveyor track in tomorrow.
Old December 25th, 2021, 01:18 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
James - I am on the DL - sorta. I've been rotating daily a couple times/day between cold/hot packs for the right elbow & deliberately attempting to remain more still than normal on the irons. It "appears" to be working, I'll get back to the routine again today of cold/hot packs and continue moving forward. I'm most likely aggravating it - I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and I hate being kept down from this game. I am most likely not making the best decision & I realize this.
Norm, Around 2000 I fell on the last spot of ice left in Georgia [under an eave] I caught myself with my left wrist and really messed it .Even after Physical therapy I still had a tendency to chicken wing it [ not good] My long awaited point is don't let any pain ruin your swing. You may need to rest your injury more rather than [be dumb like me] and from some bad swing habits

You can take your feet out of the stirrups now my exam is over
Old December 25th, 2021, 05:22 AM

Merry Christmas!! Yep it's the day. All of our festivities are over, we had 2 parties here- Rogers Christmas on the 11th, neighborhood party on the 22nd and also "our" family party at the younger son's place on the 19th. I guess we are going over to a friends today for a little gathering at 2 to 4. Yeah Dan we got 6 maybe 8 inches the other day. The weather guessers said it should have been only 2 or less, but once it started it didn't quit until after dark. Almost a pure white out. Yesterday I snowblowed and plowed/shoveled the light powdery stuff and later it warmed up and turned to heavy slushy stuff. This morning it's all gone! Hey Chris, have you tried out your new blower yet?
Old December 25th, 2021, 06:02 AM
Running On Empty

James - Nice job on repositioning & remounting the Jerry can - good location. The wrist injury sounds painful and your advice has not fallen on deaf ears. The past three times I've played I have been doing a far better job concentrating on one single aspect of my swing - chicken wings. Like so many amateurs (of which I am so guilty), I often fail to keep my right elbow (I'm right-handed) close to my torso during both the back swing & down swing - losing accuracy & distance. I think I may start a regular practice routine of keeping a glove tucked under my right armpit to help create the muscle memory. BTW, my right elbow and left rotator cuff are doing much better today.

Greg - Happy holidays. Chris was saying it's supposed to be in the mid- to upper-60s at his place - doubtful his new snowblower has touched the fluffy white stuff. You recall that system which went through the upper mid-west last week? My brothers in Marinette, WI & Wallace, MI both received 20" (dump) of snow in less than 36 hours. They were right in the middle and at trailing ends of the southwesterly flow of that massive system which moved through Minnesota & Iowa - sweeping just North of Green Bay before heading into Canada.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; December 25th, 2021 at 07:19 AM. Reason: left>right
Old December 25th, 2021, 08:11 AM

Visiting step son's house. I now know the perfect gift a dumpster. I've never seen so many toys
Old December 25th, 2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Hey Chris, have you tried out your new blower yet?
Greg - Norm's response was correct, it's been unseasonably warm here so far and we haven’t seen a flake since we got the snowblower. It's 65° right now at 1100am, headed over 70° later this afternoon, just unbelievable. Won't hurt my feelings though if the snowblower ever sees snow!
Old December 25th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone Merry Christmas!

Beautiful here, I'm sure it's over 70 already. I've got a little yardwork to do this afternoon. It will be nice.

Dinner was at my niece's house last night, just a few things thrown together and then our game. Tonight she will put on a nice dinner. Really looking forward to that.

Chris glad you avoided the croup. I can't tell you how many snow blowers I wore out over the years.

Koda you have plant maintenance working over Christmas? You're a tough crowd. What else does your place build besides the now extinct last generation Sequoia?

Beautiful out but it's a lazy day. Lunch coming up. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Old December 25th, 2021, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone Merry Christmas!

Beautiful here, I'm sure it's over 70 already. I've got a little yardwork to do this afternoon. It will be nice.

Dinner was at my niece's house last night, just a few things thrown together and then our game. Tonight she will put on a nice dinner. Really looking forward to that.

Chris glad you avoided the croup. I can't tell you how many snow blowers I wore out over the years.

Koda you have plant maintenance working over Christmas? You're a tough crowd. What else does your place build besides the now extinct last generation Sequoia?

Beautiful out but it's a lazy day. Lunch coming up. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Mike, there's no maint here today, just me and a safety guy and the union contractors. TMMI builds Highlanders and Siennas and will soon build two more cars as well which I only know project names of as they haven't officially been named, but they'll be "longer Highlanders, a Lexus and Toyota version. Maint will be in tomorrow, for sure.
Old December 25th, 2021, 01:43 PM

I've decided jeep trailers are like sheds, they should be full before they are finished

Every trailer needs a 1st aide kit and now I have to order period correct safety chains

Old December 25th, 2021, 03:57 PM
Running On Empty

Switzerland has now legalized the 'Sarco-Pod'. I see no reason we could not offer one to each person on death row in the U.S.A. Certainly would save $$.
James - The machine is completely biodegradable.

Old December 25th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Running On Empty

Here's a YouTube video with no age restriction - in case you're not old enough.

Old December 25th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Always room for one more

That machine sort of looks like one of those Elio cars that haven't been made. Well, I guess if you crashed in one the outcome would be the same.

Had a very nice dinner at my niece's. It's nice to sit and talk for a change. I like eating with my dog, but he doesn't say much. Lots to talk about. My niece is getting a job in Orlando, and they are moving. My sister is very clingy and is moving as well. My Mom can't live in Pensacola by herself so she is moving. My niece's husband's mom is here, and she's moving. It's like a mass exodus. Orlando is an extra hour from me, no big deal, I just hope I'm allowed to be in on the process of my Mom's house, unlike this last time.

Back home tomorrow. I expect traffic to be a disaster. Eh, I've got all day. Work early on Monday. Gonna be the same kind of week, early every day, off early Thursday, off Friday.

Okay I'm beat. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Have a good evening.

Old December 26th, 2021, 11:33 AM

Well somebody's gotta say something today, So I guess it's gotta be me

Glad we all made it through Christmas

Santa brought me a jeep ax and shovel with all the straps, brackets. Since I don't own a jeep, I think I'll put them on my Pimp jeep trailer
Old December 26th, 2021, 01:57 PM

Hi guys,

Much colder today than it has been for several days, looking at a high of only about 45, with cloudy skies, and occasional misty rain. Just plain gloomy.

Kicking back and taking it easy today after all the Christmas festivities. Watching my Chiefs against the Steelers right now on tv. Man I love football. I actually wish there was such a thing as a full contact league for guys over 60, I'd be the 1st to sign up!

No other plans for today and that's just fine. Looking at pizza and a couple of cold ones to go with it for dinner. Great way to pass a gloomy winter's day,

Hope everyone has a great one!
Old December 26th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little while ago. Not a bad trip. Nice weather, and surprisingly few bad travelers. The dog park was a different story.

Nice here, but chilly. Sun is out. We've had rain at some point, but nothing is muddy. Don't know what the week has in store.

So early for work all week again, then out early Thursday and off Friday. If I were a betting man, I'd say we will not be out early at all on Thursday. But whatever.

Gonna relax a little bit then hit the sack. Hope everyone survived the Christmas weekend.

Old December 26th, 2021, 03:26 PM

Got this guy this afternoon.
Old December 26th, 2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Got this guy this afternoon.
Absolutely beautiful shot Dan!!!
Old December 26th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Running On Empty

Gorgeous Snowy Owl, Dan!
Old December 26th, 2021, 09:02 PM

Great owl pic! Thanks for sharing.

Survived the family holiday visit and looking forward to a week off work, so I can finally tackle some projects that have been on hold through the hell that is summer in Phoenix.
Old December 27th, 2021, 04:52 AM

Beautiful pic, Dan. Worked over in barn yesterday on eliminating more swiss cheese, not my favorite thing... It was really blustery cold, never really got warm enough in shop to take off coat. The snow was gone the day before but where I had plowed it up in piles, in froze rock hard yesterday. Now this morning there is about 2 inches of new stuff. After talking to my friend who has been a Red Cross volunteer a while, I went on the American Red Cross website and inquired about becoming a volunteer. I got some emails back and filled out some forms, etc then talked to a nice gal on the phone. I am sposta start some online training soon. They really seem to have "their poop in a group". If any of you guys have extra time I encourage you to check it out, there are all sorts of jobs available from disaster response to counseling on line, etc, etc.
Old December 27th, 2021, 05:45 AM

The pic makes me wanta lite up a cigar
Old December 27th, 2021, 05:51 AM

Good morning guys,

One of those weird weather nights last night where it was 51° at 9:00 pm and the temperature rose all night and this morning it's 62° at 7:45 am.

No big plans for today. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old December 27th, 2021, 09:03 AM

The pic makes me wanta lite up a cigar
You had me for a minute, then I figured it out.
Old December 27th, 2021, 09:41 AM

Speaking of owls, I saw something about a week ago on the back road to our subdivision that I had never seen before, it was a road kill of a barn owl. I stopped, just to make sure it was an owl, because I couldn't believe it! Any of you guys ever seen an owl hit by a car before?