The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Captain of my ship

Morning all , ya I been working all week with my kid trying to get all the stuff cleaned up from the wind storms we had here over the winter and early spring.
Today it's raining so gonna slow me down a bit , thank heaven cause I could barely move when I got out of bed. Things seem to be slow now as far as tilling and selling compost , I have been working on the next few tons.
Someday I will get back out in the Olds for a cruise , though I still have to stain the house and do a pile of gardening. Today I think I will see how full the mail box is , first chance I have to run over and see what bad news there is:eek:
The girlfriend should be over later today , maybe I will spend some time with her cause I think she is mad at me. I dont understandshe could spend all the time she wants with me as long as she helps out
Old June 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Wolfie! Nice to know you're still around!! Yep.... I think your girlfriend should be helping you some. I used to be right out there with Larry.... before I got the car show bug! Now I can only help him if there's not a show I wanna go to, lol. Well take it easy and don't over do!! You gotta enjoy the car while the weather is nice. Too many days we can't drive em!
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Well we got a decent pop up shower last evening, my sprinkler was on the whole time so the garden got a good watering.

CQR congrats on your series and I feel for you about the Jack Russell, I call mine a "Jerk Russell"

Sandy just maybe it will go ahead and just rain it all out so it will be nice and sunny for you on Sunday, good luck and I hope you bring home 1st place. Hopefully you will see Blue there as well and tell him we need him back.

Jamesbo you know what happens to Turkeys that look up when it's raining. Just tell Donny we just need his help to load that thing

I hope everyone has a beautimus day!

Scot
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM

I'll e-mail you some rain Jamsbo, hope it helps. I'll be in Colorado next Tuesday and Wednesday the on to Mississippi Thursday and Friday. Guess I'll be seeing some different weather.

Jamsbo hows the varmint hunting going wins, losses ?

Sandy have fun at the show Hope you do see Blue be nice to here how he is doing.

Have a great day all
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Cutlass Lover

We had a heck of a down pour here around noon. Sun is out now and it's nice. Hope you got some rain Jamesbo!

I'm excited..... I found a place in Columbus to order a little bottle of Teepo's interior paint color - PPG - and he is going to mix it up and UPS it to me on Monday! So I'll be able to touch up some of the places on her package tray that have flaked off. I gave him the paint number that Scot gave me on the other thread, and he said it matches exactly to his charts, so it should be the right thing!

Have a good Friday night all!
Old June 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM

[quote=cutlassgal;289704] I gave him the paint number that Scot gave me on the other thread, and he said it matches exactly to his charts, /quote]

On No,

You didn't really believe Scot did cha? That was another 710 thing

Old June 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Don't worry Sandy the guy @ PPG has anything you need.

710 thing? Must be an inside joke.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
710 thing? Must be an inside joke.
Oh, fer the origional Good morning thread. Blue would give her fits wit the 710 thing

Wait Scot,

Ere's a miss'in pic of the grand ole thread.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh gotcha I came a little too late for the original thread, by the way ..... WHAT WATERFALL??
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM

Scot,

Don't tell you know who BUT 710 is "OIL"
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh okay OIL spelled upside down and bassackwards? I won't tell.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM

Sure hope Sandy is clean'in winders.

Just polished off a BLT wrap w/ melted Blue Cheese-yum
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:53 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I thunk she must be a cleanin the Teepo fo da BOP sho.
Old June 10th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Why in the Wild Wild World of Sports would she want to take her car to an Elk's Club?
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Dunno long as she took sum pics fer us I'll be good widit.
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sure hope Sandy is clean'in winders.

Just polished off a BLT wrap w/ melted Blue Cheese-yum
Yur sposed to et the dang thing not polishit. U been hangn round with Sandy too much. Was spicking with a guy frum Arkansas todie...sorry.
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by 442much
Yur sposed to et the dang thing not polishit. U been hangn round with Sandy too much. Was spicking with a guy frum Arkansas todie...sorry.
Zo sorry,

I done ate a BLT wrap wit melted Blue Cheese.

Geeze Louise de grammar ***** are ere.

End'in sentences wit a preposition is something up which I will not put.
Old June 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM

Good morning all, just wrapping up our 2 week holiday in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo meeting all the relatives and introducing our 3 month old Charlie. Has been a great time here, my first, and hoping to get back again this time next year. My poor 71 cutlass has been locked in the garage for a couple weeks, can't wait to cruise as soon as I get back
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:04 PM
CQR

Took the kid out for her first ride in the 442 :d Took her and her mother out for Mexican food. I don't think she really understands.
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:30 PM

Afternoon all!! Been busy as usual around here, but I have found time to round up most of the bits and pieces needed to build the cubby ouse Should be up this time next week

The weather around here has been crap, cloudy and cold but no rain like one would expect, you know it is the beginning of winter when this happens

We have those totes' at work too Jamesbo, used to be able to take them home too until some idiot sold one and the buyer put drinking water in it and got a wee bit sick If you work on a plan long enough you should be able to pull off the procurement of your own

Good to hear your having fun at your car shows, when they don't get rained out Sandy.

How is your engine rebuild going Ken? Your getting it back in June aren't you?

Had a kebab for dinner last night from a new shop down the ways, was ok even came with a free hair

Have a great day/night all

Adrian
Old June 11th, 2011, 03:54 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Morning All!

Looks to be another scorcher down here in the land of cotton. There a slight chance of the wet stuff Jamesbo has been praying for. But really humid so it feels muggy already this morning.

Ausraven you gotta love the freebies that came with your kebob. I hope everything works out with the club house.

Jamesbo what delicacy are we having for breakfast this morning? I'm famished

I saw last night on the weather channel where the storms were pounding Ohio and that area, hopefully it will be out of there before Sandy's BOP show tomorrow. That way she can take some pics for us.

Oh well I can't wait on Jamesbo, I've got to get something in my tummy

I hope everyone has a safe and great Saturday!

Scot
Old June 11th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Captain of my ship

Sunshine again today , and I gotta jump in the tractor this morning and till up a couple gardens for some late planters. Oh well just what I wanted on a Saturday after little to no sleep last night. If it don't rain tomorrow then I may have another job to do tomorrow , though this one may involve spreading a few yards of compost on my doctors lawn. Gotta find some time for the Olds today , maybe after a little nap.
Jamesbo I hope you get rain soon , I will conjur up the Indian in me to do a little dance for ya. Though no guarentee it will find the right place in GA.
Old June 11th, 2011, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in

Breakfast is searved It's stuffed with chopped ham, and Canadian Black Diamond cheddar.
Old June 11th, 2011, 04:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

That is one mean looking omelet Jamesbo I had basically the same except mine had chopped black forest ham with American and shredded cheddar cheese. My trick to a fluffy omelet is add a table spoon of H2O to the mix. And for seasoning I use paprika.
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:06 AM

Yep Scot, a boop of water helps an ommlette.

Now on to bigger things.

I gots sum chicken livers yesterday and am gonna try to "dry fry" them using dis recipe. I'll let cha know how it turns out.
http://www.food.com/recipe/stolen-ga...-livers-110936

Bye de bye, Try sum Black Forest ham with aged Emmenthal cheese sum time. Makes a great sandwich.
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yummy that does look good, but I am the only one in this house that will eat any kind of liver. All of these girls would just go hungry if I fixed that for them.
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:20 AM

Well go fix dem de shrimp a yaya thingy.
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Ya Ya I jus mite. It looks scrumptious fer da trophy wife and me but alas the girls are WAY to picky. I'd have to set aside some plain ole shrimp with da grits on da side fer dem. Heck I can't even cook up a batch of my famous spagnutti without setting aside some plain ole ground beef without the sausage. Kids nowadays?? If they only knew what it was like back in the day
Old June 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM

Dinner/ Supper

Scot,

De chicken liver recipe is a snap but, it's different. If'in ya likes garlic, I'd give it a try. I'm kinda caught, I luv em but i don't want de mess of fry'in em. De recipe was OK but not great.

I made me up sum chicken liver pate wit de utter half pound which I always like and made me a shis ka bob from de butt of de beef tenderloin I had left over from last week [Yes I frozen it last Saturday]

Sandy, Where's de gold?

Wolfie,
I think you spend mo time on a tractor dan Sandy spends in a lawn chair.

Ken,
I'm so glad I have a Canadian to correct my A-merican spall'in .

Pat,
I done dispatched a few mo ground hawgs to de promise land, I'm hop'in I gots all de suckers so I can eat a bean er two.

Adrian, I don't wanta drink water from de sucker, I jes wanta water sum stuff in sum thing bigger dan a 50 gal drum.If'in Donny don't call me dis week, I'm gonna "Mid nite auto supply" the thing.

CQR, Who don't get it, de wife er de kid?

orthork, I do believe dis is de first report from Boreno. Glad things is AOk [where ever Boreno is] Now get dat car on de road.

We're burn'in daylite in de south.
Old June 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
CQR

CQR, Who don't get it, de wife er de kid?
MMmmmm Liver. Only about once a year, but that once it's great.

The kid. The wife wasn't real hot on a vinyl top sport coupe at first, but she is really starting to dig it.

She's really gonna like it now. I got the springs and shocks done (see other thread for pics) and made some adjustments to the timing/well and carb for the altitude and she(the mistress) really seems to like it. Also picked up my 15X7 SSII's today, and met Tom442 from the site(his car looks great). Good day today.

Hope y'ins get some moisture soon. We're doing ok, but down in the Springs, its dryer than a popcorn toot. The grass on the side of the road isn't even green, and hasn't been yet this year.

Have a great Sunday!
Old June 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all - or is it Sunday already? Not quite, I guess. Couple more minutes!

You guys just crack me up! Jamesbo.... Allan R started that whole 710 thingy, lol! Him and Blue really had me going. That was fun!!! Took me a while, but I figured it out all by myself.... neener... neener... neener! Can't say I'm not a good sport!

Scot was right - I spent all day in the garage with Teepo. She got a nice coat of wax, her top cleaned and conditioned, all the chrome polished, tires all shined up. She's ready to roll in the morning. The show is Sunday, Jamesbo. Hopefully we'll be bringing home another plaque! I can't wait to be surrounded by all the Oldsmobiles!!! I might take some pics of the "others" there too, lol!! It was really nice last year. I'm really really hoping Blue will be there. Or Redgoat! Either one!!

We got a heck of a down pour around 7 pm tonight with some thunder and lightening. It's muggy. Had sun and clouds all day. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny in the afternoon and only around 68 degrees. Hope the roads are dry in the morning. Show opens at 9, have to be parked by noon. I'll probably get there around 10.

Got an email from Year One - they finally sent out the arm rest pads! I should get them this coming week. What kind of job is it to take off the arm rests and put the chrome backing plates and the pads on?? Anyone done it?? I don't have to take off the door handles do I??????

Nice to see Wolfie and Adrian are still alive and kicking!

Jamesbo.... that omlet looks good! Could be a little browner, lol!! The BLT wrap actually sounds good too..... oh the cholesterol though!

Well I'm callin it a night. I'm tired and my back hurts, so I'm off to bed. Will report in tomorrow evening. Even if we don't win anything, it's gonna be nice just to be around the Oldsmobiles!! Ttyl all!!!
Old June 12th, 2011, 03:04 AM

Mawn'in

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo.... that omlet looks good! Could be a little browner,
I don't like rubbery eggs-thank you very much

But, Good luck today.

Speak'in of cholesterol. How bout a butter milk biscuit with sausage and gravy dis mawn'in
Old June 12th, 2011, 05:34 AM

I don't like rubbery eggs-thank you very much

But, Good luck today.

Speak'in of cholesterol. How bout a butter milk biscuit with sausage and gravy dis mawn'in
Old June 12th, 2011, 05:43 AM

Good morning all from upstate NY, Hey Jamesbro how bout sending some of them biscuits to NY, they look awesome!
Old June 12th, 2011, 06:02 AM

Sho thing Darryl,

Hey, You got 2 mo brothers named Darryl?

Ere's a little sum'em to wash down dat biscuit wit. Hey It's Sunday
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Good early morning, have just got back to Perth and it's about 0152 am. And it's bloody freezing! 10 degrees Celsius from a nice average 28 in Borneo- jamesbo Borneo is east Malaysia where my other half if from. Where the original headhunter tribes originated, although it was done in some other cultures too. Also a great holiday spot and about the same distance from Perth to Brisbane (5hrs). Just checked in the olds, will fire her up in the morning. Just need to set up the download for motogp silverstone so it's ready to go during brekky tomorrow morning, maybe that omlette posted above night all
Old June 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM

orthok,

I know whar Borneo's at [in de vinacular] I got a 6th grade education. I think those guys was who ate Amelia Earhart.
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:16 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hey, You got 2 mo brothers named Darryl?
Well, there is one more here in NY!
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!!

I just spent the last hour and a half transferring pics over to photobucket from the BOP show today! I took 70 pics, I think, and since I can only put 20 at a time on the forum, there will be 2 or 3 threads of BOP pics!

Some real beauties there..... Lord! It was a crappy day - cold and windy, temps only in the low 60's, and it sprinkled a couple times. The sun finally peeked out a little around 8 pm tonight.

Did not see Bluevista or Redgoat. I walked around several times to make sure he didn't sneak in somewhere.

Oldsmobiles really won today! They kicked butt!!! I was proud of the breed, lol!! Ok, gonna go start some picture threads! Hope you enjoy - the cars were just beautiful!!

Jamesbo..... the sausage gravey and biscuits look delicious!!!
Old June 13th, 2011, 04:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Still no rain. Hot as a 2 dollar pistol.

Sandy, Congrats on the first [I'm sure of many] trophy of the season. Great pics. I want that one with the sideways hood.

Did you ax Kurt WTH he's been? He was one of the most informative guys on dis site.

Well, it Monday so you know whar I'm off to. It'll be nice to see sum live grass fer a change. My place is parched.

How 'bou sum hasbrowns fer brekky? [ I think dats Australian fer Breakfast]

Ya'll have a loverly day.